All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:38 pm 

the stars look very different today ★

Medals: 5
Original RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

: |Summary| :

The year is 1560 in the fair country of Italy. A band of travelling performers, dubbed the Laughing Kings, make their way across from city to city, entertaining and stealing as they please. An invitation to perform at the house of a noble catches their attention, bringing them to consider the greatest feat of thievery they could ever achieve, if all goes well.

::|| Characters ||::

General |
Name | Alyas Byward
Age | 27
Gender | Male
Height | 5'11"
Weight | 137 lbs.
Body Type | Tall and lanky, best described as a matchstick
Hair Colour | Dark brown
Hair Style | Wavy, long floppy bangs, mid-length
Eye Colour | Green
Most Distinctive Features | Sharp pointed nose, scar from top of left eyebrow to bottom, sly grin
Style of Dress | A grey tunic under a blue embroidered vest, black boots
General Overview | Not conforming to beaty standards of the time, Alyas, with olive skin and dark, longer hair, is not considered as 'beautiful', while in current times he would be considered 'devilishly good looking'. His features are sharp, with a thin, slighty upturned nose and high cheekbones. His green eyes are bright, their long lashes giving him a somewhat feminine look. He is quite tall, especially for the time, and often stands slouched to reduce himself in stature.

Personality ||
Strongest Positive Personality Trait || Loyalty
Strongest Negative Personality Trait || Dishonesty
Vices / Habits || Smoking, stealing, shuffling cards, ruffling hair
General Overview || Alyas is a very forward thinker, believing in ideas such as planes and other fururistic technologies. He is optimistic in the way of a child, and feels commited to grace every woman he meets the honour of being flirted with. He is a smooth talker and liar, finding that fooling with people is highly amusing. He's loyal to his father to a fault, believing the values and ideals that the man has taught him growing up. He hates the monarchy, believing it to be the blame for the lack of progress in the world. He makes his opinion known, which can often land him in trouble.

Would it be acceptable for the rest of this area to be roleplayed out? I feel like what I write in this section often goes out the window in the first post anyways.

Other |||
Occupation(s) ||| Entertainer in the travelling group, the Laughing Kings (acceptable name? When they created the name they were making a political joke on how foolish and self-centred the monarchy is) as an actor or con man
Family ||| Alexander Byward, the creator of the Laughing Kings, is his father
Pet(s) ||| A female cream long hair tabby named Bordeaux
Notable Possessions ||| Hand held harp, five decks of cards

--

All right let's do this. Would you like to post your biography here? I didn't bother refining the plot to make it lengthy and interesting; I figure we both know what's going on well enough c:

Last edited by Cotton on Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:48 pm 

Sort of back.

Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)
Blog: View Blog (59)

General |
Name | Victoria Romano
Age | 21
Gender | Female
Height | 5'4'
Weight | 100 lbs.
Body Type | On the shorter side, not too skinny
Hair Color | Pitch black
Hair Style | Curly, waist length
Eye Color | Dark blue
Most Distinctive Features | Large dark eyes, apparently black, but dark blue if seen in proximity. Long curly hair, always loose flowing.
Style of Dress | Inexpensive fabrics, but always colorful dresses, mostly red and bright green.
General Overview | Victoria is usually considered 'exotic' wherever she goes. Maybe 'scary' for some people who have heard all kinds of rumors about gypsies. As a part of her act, Vicky profits on these opinions, and feeds off the mystery surrounding her by not telling much about her past, not even to the rest of the group she works with. When pressured to tell something, Victoria will come up with a different story at each occasion.

Personality ||
Strongest Positive Personality Trait || Kindness
Strongest Negative Personality Trait || A strong tendency to lie and fantasize facts
Vices / Habits || Daydreaming, lying
General Overview || Victoria is pretty much a question mark. She is very open to talking to people, but very closed as it comes to actually telling them facts about herself. She will be kind, generous and even a little flirtatious to people she likes, but those she doesn't will be fed nothing but lies. The problem is to draw the line between the two kinds of people, as Victoria knows how to put on a facade so good it would fool her mother, if she had one.

Other |||
Occupation(s) ||| Dancer and fortune teller in the traveling group, the Laughing Kings
Family ||| Unknown
Pet(s) ||| A black stray cat called Onyx
Notable Possessions ||| A tambourine (for the dance presentations), castanets (same), a set of tarot cards and a crystal ball for the fortune telling acts.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:49 pm 

Sort of back.

There she is, dear. I hope you like her, and I'm sorry it took me a little longer than I had anticipated.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:14 pm 

Oh, no worries. Take all the time you need, and then some c:

She's mysterious. I like it, a perfect fit for my quite straightforward character. Can't wait to delve a little deeper into that heavily protected backstory. For Alyas', you just have to go to Alexander, who will quite happily tell you of the time he fell naked into a river when he was five.
For a specific date, let's shoot for some time in spring. How about April 23rd? Travelling entertainers do their best business during the gentler seasons.

A map of Italy at the (approximate) time the roleplay is set. We're not looking for complete accuracy here, of course xD I just figured it would be a handy guide to keep track of where the heck they are, and where the heck they're going. I apologize if it doesn't format right; I'm on my phone and it does some weird things.
I figure they could be in Balogna, morning after their last night in the city, so they're all getting up early to pack up tents and supplies, and load the caravans. Does that sound good? We can start with the letter requesting their attendance to the noble house having not quite arrived yet, to get their reactions and such. Sound acceptable? c:

Last edited by Cotton on Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:08 am 

Sort of back.

I like the idea. And yeah, the map didn't come either as an image or a link, but I opened it in another window just fine. It sounds like a good moment to start off our adventure, right before they get the letter. =)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:58 pm 

Good, at least you got it! Shall I create and begin IC, or do you want to? I'll start writing my introductory post as soon as possible either way c:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:58 pm 

Sort of back.

If you can, I'd like you to. I can do it, though, if you prefer. Just lemme know. =)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:11 pm 

Right, I'll get on it after school. I'll also adjust the picture so you can actually see it on this page c:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:11 pm 

Sort of back.

Great. Take your time =)