PLaying SQUAD with TASQ

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (8)

Western - Science Fiction - Adventure - Character Development

McCall's Landing

OPEN

'Why they call it the flats, I don't rightly know. To the west, east and south are nothing but mountains as far as the eye can see. Sure, the valley is seven miles wide east to west and grows gradually wider the north one travels. Maybe the flats are the plains to the north upwards to New Falltown? That would make sense. Maybe they are the mesas, the Centaurians live on...excuse me...in. Those mesas are flat. That's got to be it. With all those damn hills, there isn't a flat spot about to be seen.

I have no idea what Pennsylvnia looks like. Sure, my daddy told me stories, but he was just a boy when he left Pennsylvania. I haven't heard from him since I was 17 years old. I assume he went back to earth. He never was one to write a letter. There is no E-mail between earth and Kent. I hope he is doing fine.

Uncle Werner?...Now there's a sad story. He sold out his family to satisfy his own vices. But when will he stop? The man is fifty-six and should be done by now. You'd think. When do you stop enjoying your vices and grow up. It's about time for that old fool to stop his wicked ways. Now, I'm not going to run out into the flats and put a stop to him, but if he or one of his boys comes around the
Landing looking for trouble, I'll stop him...You can be damn sure of that!'
--Sheriff Langerbaum, Sheriff McCall's Landing

Contents
- Analise Wright, 25 year old human school teacher with a Master's degree in Geology. Analise comes from a wealthy background, but gave it all up for adventure on a distant planet. She is naturally accompanied by her pitbull, "Baby".
- Sheriff "Buck" Langerbaum: A 32 year old human who was born and raised on Kent. He has never seen planet earth and has made his home at McCall's Landing. He looks out for the citizens of the small town.
- Dr. Jhong Ch'en: is a 57 year old Baku who gained his doctorate in medicine with a focus on human physiology at one of the premier universities on Bakushima. He lives in the Landing with his wife and son and views the people of the Landing as family.
- Randa Claire, 20 year old owner of The Diamond Mine saloon and matron of the soiled doves. She takes care of a young Baku boy who helps her out around the saloon. She has a storied past and dangerous connections to the Sheriff's uncle.
- 22 School Children
- Humans: May be born on Earth or on Kent. Either way, they are the exact same as you or me. If you choose to make a player created race, I have a few conditions.
- The Baku: A small-ish blue skinned intelligent bipedal race which possess a 4% chance of possessing an empath ability.
- Ahasuerus: A large brutish appearing docile race which find their best attributes in menial labor. They prefer to remain out of harm's way.
- Rakari: A sophisticated race of reptilians who appear as clones to humans but are unique individuals discerned by their micro gestures, mannerisms and smell. Rakari may be found engaged in an elaborate dance routine, which is simply part of an elaborate communication system.
- Interest Check
- In Character Thread
-
Landing Map | +
Link for larger view: McCall's Landing Map

TL;DR

- Future setting on a planet in the Alpha Centauri Sector
- one or two townsfolks created by authors with confident writing skills.
- Plot is dependent upon interpersonal relationships with fellow characters. who all live in the same town.
- Developing subplots with your characters is encouraged.
- Developing back story between characters is encouraged.
- Feel free to embellish ideas with your own NPCs.
- Alpha standards and please speak in the past tense outside quotations as in standard English literature.
- For non-English (Common) speakers, simply sate, "in Greek" and then write in English. We don't need to complicate this with translations.

In Character

Earthlings eventually gained the ability to explore the galaxy. Pioneers ventured forth into the cosmos and established mining colonies in the remote recess of the known galaxy. Jonathan McCall was one of these pioneers. His ship crash landed on Centauri Two in the flats of a valley surrounded on three sides by mountains. The landscape reminded him of the New Mexico wastelands south of Santa Fe.

While trying to manage repairs to his ship, the Four Leaf Clover McCall found the surrounding hills contained silver veins. He and his companions began to mine the region. Within five years, several silver mines sprung up around the hastily established town, which quickly took on the name, "McCall's Landing". During its heyday, McCall's Landing was a bustling town. There was Beechum's General Store, a doctor's office, three saloons, a bordello, an assayer's office, the sheriff's office including a jail and a bank. It took ten years to get running water and sewer. Another much larger town and colony capital was established two hundred miles to the north at New Falltown.

Within forty years, the silver mine was spent. There wasn't another scrap of the precious metal to be found. Jonathan McCall had passed on and was resting in peace in Boot Hill, the town's cemetery. His sons; Kevin, Geoffrey, Bertram and William left town with their families about five years after the senior McCall passed away. They didn't feel the sense of loyalty to McCall's Landing like the some of the others. Beechum kept his store. The original storekeep, Harold Beechum passed on years ago. His grandson, Robert runs the place now.

It has been seventy five years since Jonathan McCall crashed on Centauri Two, yet the town remains with the few citizens left to try to eke out a living. The grandchildren and great grandchildren of the early settlers and miners live in town. Several of the older buildings have been boarded up, but most are occupied. The water still runs and the power is still flowing down from New Falltown with an occasional brownout. The railroad comes to town once a day in the morning around eight O'clock and departs by ten for its return trip to New Falltown.

There are other communities spread out across the countryside, but they are sparse. Resources are scant as well. Sure, you will find the lone cowboy with a blaster strapped to his side, but most common folk don't carry weapons. The sheriff does and so do his deputies. It is rare that any soldiers or sailors from Earth show up in the colony let along McCall's Landing.

Most folk don't venture out too far past the city limits. The indigenous population, known as Centaurians are a mixed breed. They are technologically backward living in caves and cooking by open fires. They hunt with bows and spears. They wear skins and decorate their faces and bodies with crude tattoos. Their skin tones are darker than earthlings with dark greenish hue, tanned and all have purple colored eyes. Their hair color is a mix of dark green to black and in some cases a burnt reddish color. The natives believe in a Pagan set of Gods where every living creature in the world has a spirit including the plants, the rock and the weather. They pray to these spirits and to the Gods to help them with their brutal life. They have a matriarchal hierarchy with a "Grandmother" as their tribal sachem. A council of elders composed of "Grandfathers" act as counselors to the sachem or tribal grandmother. The young men of the tribe gather food by farming or hunting and participate in war parties against rival tribes. The young women bear children and work side by side with their brothers and husbands. The Centaurians keep their distance from the other worldly settlements like New Falltown and McCall's Landing. Contact with the natives has met with a mixed reaction. Some colonists have had amenable relations with them, while others have been slaughtered. There is no telling how the natives may react.

When the silver dried up around McCall's Landing and people began leaving the mining community several members of the town as well as members of other communities banded together in small groups of outlaws, highwaymen or raiders. They live off the land and travel the countryside plundering and attacking whenever the need arises. They have no ties to the community nor do they possess compassion for the local townsfolk.

Out of Character Information

The focus of this story is on the town and the people who live there. I'm not looking for pirates, former pirates, Raiders, former raiders or even anyone of Centaurian ethnicity who lives in town. This story is about the people who live in McCall's Landing and the hardships they endure. I am specificially looking for Sheriff's deputies, but other positions are more than welcome. You could even take on the mantle of the owner of the General Store, the Sheriff or owner of the one remaining saloon. Drifters don't happen as often as you'd think, but we can have one or two drifters, maybe a partner team? Just be assured that the townspeople will be suspicious of you. I also need deputies, but those aren't your full time jobs. Maybe one full time deputy and several "special" deputies who work at the saloon, the general store, as a farm hand or what have you.

On the fringe of the town, are a scant few farms where cattle grow and crops are planted for harvest. These farms are located off the map (will be posted in OOC). The farms hire farm hands (cowboys) who work the land and help with the cows in addition to providing security as armed men.

When you think of the weapons available in this RP, think of the blasters you may find in Wookieepedia. You can take some liberties with the names, changing them from E-11 Blaster rifle to whatever you like or the CDEF blaster pistol to your creation. Just link the wookiepeedia reference so we know what weapon you are talking about. Vehicles will also come from Wookiepeedia. A common vehicle in this environment is the Speeder Bike (AKA: Hover bike), Landspeeder (Hover Car) or the Lorry, which is what they refer to the heavier Landspeeders like the Trast AA5 Speeder Truck. The train that comes daily from New Falltown is actually a Hovertrain elevated 10 - 100 meters above the surface of the planet, undulating with the terrain.

If there is a plot line you would like to see or a direction, you'd like to see this story go in, please send me a PM and we can discuss it.

Player created races can be whatever your mind thinks of. I do have a few requests. First, when creating a race, if you give it some special ability, give it a corresponding weakness. Second, when considering a race, send me a PM so we can talk about it. Third, feel free to borrow a race from any science fiction out there, but please change the name. I don't want to see the name Klingon or Vulcan in the RP. You can also change characteristics from one race to mix with another. Please feel free to be creative with your designs. Fourth, no one is magical. There are no wizards, sorcerers, witches, warlocks or Jedi Knights. The best you can aim for are empaths (betazeds). This is a Low Fantasy RP. If you can sell a racial ability that fits, I may accept it.

Character Sheet Info

Name:
Race:
Planet of birth:
Physical Description: (Please use a text description of your character's appearance. Photographs are optional. This is where you can add age, gender, hair color and all that other pretty stuff.)
History: (For characters who are third or fourth generation residents of McCall's Landing, please include a family history too, from the time they arrived on Kent till now.)
Education/Work experience:
Equipment: (Only include those items that may stand out. Since resources are scarce, some things are hard to come by. Maybe your character or an ancestor brought the item with them.)
Psychological Profile:
Relationship to other characters: (Name the other characters and state how well your character gets along with them. Use this as a guide: Ally - Friendly - Warm - Neutral - Cool - unfriendly - arch rival.)

Races

Humans: May be born on Earth or on Kent. Either way, they are the exact same as you or me. If you choose to make a player created race, I have a few conditions.
The Baku: A small-ish blue skinned intelligent bipedal race which possess a 4% chance of possessing an empath ability.
Ahasuerus: A large brutish appearing docile race which find their best attributes in menial labor. They prefer to remain out of harm's way.
1. Send me a PM regarding the details of your race
2. When you write your Character Sheet, simply state the name of the race where it asks.
3. Once I approve of your player created race, make a separate post for the race. I will include it in the Contents above. Once you submit an accepted race, other players may use that race when creating characters.

Kent (Centauri Two)
Centauri Two, also known as Kent has three suns in its system. Kent is one of four planets rotating around "nearsun" which is a large white star like our own sun, but near double our own sun in size and luminosity. The heat of nearsun makes much of the planet hot with temperatures reaching 140 degrees Fahrenheit in the summer and rarely dropping below 50 degrees in the winter. The northern and southern regions have the best climates for humanoid sustainability, but there is no darkness near the poles. The farsun, is an orange dwarf and rotates around nearsun at an average range of 1.8 billion miles. Farsun creates a condition of orange light for half of the year. From the beginning of Spring to the end of Summer, Kent is lit 24 hours a day. During what is typically night time hours, the light is relatively 40% dimmer than daylight hours, but the orange glow from farsun provides sufficient illumination to see at "night". From the beginning of Fall until the end of Winter, farsun cannot be seen at all. It is at that time on the other side of nearsun and invisible from the surface of Kent. The third sun, proxima is a red dwarf and too distant from Kent to be seen without a telescope. The red dwarf, proxima has no impact on Kent whatsoever. There are no natural satellites in orbit around Kent, but an asteroid belt, rich in rare earth elements is constantly mined.

Kent has a diameter of 7,841 miles, which is roughly five thousand miles smaller than earth. Since its rotational speed is slower, it does turn once every 24 hours. Also, due to its smaller size, the gravitational force is mildly less than on earth. A person first arriving on Kent will notice the gravitational difference initially, but will grow accustomed to the change without repercussions within a month. A weight scale on earth, weighing a grown man at 200Lbs would weigh 170 Lbs on Kent, a factor of 0.85 less. A person coming from earth would also feel and appear stronger than someone born and raised on Kent.

We all know the earth takes 365.25 days to complete a rotation of the sun. Kent takes 337.5 days to complete its rotational path, which means that a Kent month lasts 28 days except one month. Since the colony was initially established by earthlings, the same months are applied. February is the lucky month which has 29 days one year and 30 the next; a leap year occurring every other year.

Distance to near sun: 144,325,000 Km = 89,679,400 Miles
Diameter: 12,619 Km = 7,841 miles
Rotation: 24.7 Hours [Kent Clock adjusted to 24-hour clock]
Revolution: 337.5 days [Leap year every two years. 11x 28-day months and one 29/30 day month.]

ImageImage

My Characters
My Writing Styles
Galileo Corporation
Modern Wargaming Rules
Bakushima; Fantasy Feudal Japan

Best Days for RPing
Fri - Sun

Attitude | +
"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude to me is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than success, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, gift, or skill. It will make or break a company...a church...a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past...we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10 percent what happens to me and 90 percent how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our attitudes. "
~ Charles Swindoll

Last edited by Gunther on Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:19 pm, edited 14 times in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:12 pm 

PLaying SQUAD with TASQ

"In an argument, it is better to be strong and wrong than weak and right." --Gerd Langerbaum, Sherriff of McCall's Landing

Name: Gerd "Buck" Langerbaum
Race: Human
Planet of birth: Kent
Physical Description:
Gerd is 32 years old and stands 6' 1" tall weighing in at 170 Lbs on planet Kent (200 lbs on Earth). He has light, almost white blonde hair, which is cut at the color and shaved on the sides of his head above and behind his ears. A single braided strand of hair hangs off the left side of his head, just above the temple. He wears a turquoise earring in his left ear that dangles down an inch and a half below the lobe. His steel gray eyes are piercing and his cheeks are drawn in accentuating his high cheek bones and pointed chin. His thin narrow nose almost gives Gerd Langerbaum a beak-like appearance. He is a thin man with broad shoulders, the only visible mass at his chest.

The newly elected Sheriff of McCall's Landing wears distressed black denims with a pair of worn out dusty cowboy boots. He has a choice of white, light blue, tan or yellow button shirts to choose from and a black leather vest worn buttoned almost always. The five-pointed star depicting Sheriff McCall's Landing adorns his left breast. He wears a slouched black kepi as a headgear with a white piece of cloth attached to the back, hanging over the back of his neck. The cloth protects the back of his neck from the sun (reference: Beau Geste)

History: Gunther Langerbaum arrived at McCall's Landing with his family about forty five years ago, hoping to strike it rich in the silver mines. His father, Kurt spent the family fortune on mining equipment and travel expenses for his wife, two sons and two daughters. Within five years of mining the Garzes River and chipping at rocks in the Targon mines, Gunther found a sum total of three ounces of silver. It was barely enough to remain. By this time, Gunther had grown of age and fond of McCall's Landing. He chose to remain in the city. His brother, Werner, always the rebellious sort, fell in with the wrong crowd and took the flats in search of adventure. You may have heard of the Phantom Five? Yes, this is a gang of outlaws or ruffians who terrorize the countryside. Gerd's uncle Werner is one of the original members. They no longer number five members. It is more like fifty five now.

So, Gunther worked odd jobs fixing speeders and lorries in the garage until he married Catherine Rollins. The woman was a beauty to behold. Gunther never could understand why such a gorgeous woman would want to spend her time with him. He never spoke of his insecurities, but married the woman regardless. They sired three sons, Albert, Gustaf and Gerd. They also had one daughter, Meredith and a fifth child, Clarice who died in infancy.

Most of Gerd's family moved on after the local economy tanked. Who wants to put up with the deprivations endured in this harsh landscape? Gerd did and has remained all of his life. He even made friends with a few of the local indigenous population. They tend to be more isolationist and the only contact Gerd had with them was out in the flats. They taught him how to track and what plants were edible as well as which ones were not. The native Centaurians have taught Gerd many survival skills that have helped him in his line of work.

In some circles Gerd is known as "Buck" and in others is known as "Katikohuala" meaning, Man with sharp stick. The first is a nickname he picked up working as a farmhand. The second is his Centaurian name given to him by the natives. The sharp stick is his carbine.

Education/Work experience: Like his siblings, Gerd received his education at the McCall's School house which educated the children from Kindergarten up through high school age. He envisioned himself more of a cowboy than a learned man and learned other useful skills like tracking, shooting and fighting. He worked as a farm hand on one of the local farms until the previous sheriff caught his eye. Gerd was barely 22 years old, when Sheriff X'lantau hired him as a deputy. He worked for the old Sheriff for almost ten years until the man was gunned down by one of Uncle Werner's men. Gerd assumed the role of sheriff until he was officially voted in during a special election. That was only five months ago. There is no law out in the flats. There is only the sheriff. Occasionlly, the Marshal from up in New Falltown may drop in for a visit.

Equipment:
- Overracer Swoop Bike
- M17 blaster pistol
- M15 Carbine
- Android Tablet "Elite" ver. 120

Psychological Profile: Gerd is an honest man doing an honest job. He believes in keeping the peace in McCall's Landing and perceives his duties as being judge, jury and executioner of justice in McCall's Landing. There is no one else to do this, but him and his deputies. He feels the weight on his shoulders and handles it well. Knowing the people of the town are safe give him a warm feeling.

Gerd or "Buck" is not one to talk about other people's business. He keeps all the personal information he acquires close to the vest. Information is key in knowing the people of town and how to use this information. Not that he would manipulate anyone for personal gain, but knowing them to help keep order is imperative.

Uncle Werner's gang of outlaws troubles Buck. He hopes that since he is the sheriff that the always rebellious old man will remain away and will actually deny his men from coming to town. But the one thing he can always be sure about Uncle Werner, is that Uncle Werner will do whatever the hell he pleases. He is an unknown factor out in the flats, and he isn't the only hazard out there.

Relationship to other characters: (Name the other characters and state how well your character gets along with them. Use this as a guide: Ally - Friendly - Warm - Neutral - Cool - unfriendly - arch rival.)

ImageImage

My Characters
My Writing Styles
Galileo Corporation
Modern Wargaming Rules

Best Days for RPing
Fri - Sun

Attitude | +
"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude to me is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than success, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, gift, or skill. It will make or break a company...a church...a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past...we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10 percent what happens to me and 90 percent how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our attitudes. "
~ Charles Swindoll

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:08 pm 

PLaying SQUAD with TASQ

The Baku are a bipedal humanoid race with blue skin. The tone of the skin varies from very light blue, almost white to very dark blue, almost dark purple rather than black. The average Baku has a medium shade of blue with only small minorities of the population blessed/cursed with dark blue or light blue skin. People who do have the dark blue/light blue skin tones are considered the more attractive members of society. They tend to possess an elevated degree of magnetism/charisma due to their skin tone. It is not uncommon for a Baku man and woman who have four children to have one of the four blessed/cursed with the dark blue/light blue skin tone. Formally, this translates into the dark and light Baku result in finding themselves in the hierarchy of society.

Baku eyes are almond shaped with either yellow or green tinted cornea. A rare few Baku possess blue or even rarer few possess a violet colored cornea. As in the skin color, those who have violet or blue eyes, tend to be considered more attractive than yellow or green eyed Baku. One thirty-second (3.125%) of the population is also gifted with an empathic ability.

An average Baku man stands 5' 7" tall and the average Baku female stands 5' 2" tall. The Baku have a reputation for being technologically advanced and possessing above average intelligence. They are not a very physical race, but make up for a lack of physical prowess with heightened agility. You will rarely find an overweight Baku. The Baku hail from the planet Bakushima. The Baku live to be 150 years maximum, but most will perish between 100 and 140 if left to their own vices. The youth of the race reach the age of maturity at 30 and enter the work force at age 25. By age 80, they are ready to retire and settle down. Their bodies slowly degenerate around age 80 to the point where it is difficult for them to engage in physical labor. A few continue to work well into their 100s, by taking good care of their bodies.

[Roll 1d100 to determine if your character is empathic. A roll of 1-4 and the character is empathic.]

ImageImage

My Characters
My Writing Styles
Galileo Corporation
Modern Wargaming Rules

Best Days for RPing
Fri - Sun

Attitude | +
~ Charles Swindoll

Last edited by Gunther on Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:50 pm 

PLaying SQUAD with TASQ

I added a map in the contents. Since .jpg and .png can only be 700 pixels I added both a small map and a link to the larger version, It will provide some clarity. I originally made this map for a Western RP, but that one never got far off the ground. If someone sees something blatant that needs to change let me know.

I'm going to create a Baku doctor. Rolling for empath ability. Need 1-4 and trying to do this without an EDIT.

1d100 looking for 1-4
Gunther rolled 1d100 and got a total of 80:

ImageImage

My Characters
My Writing Styles
Galileo Corporation
Modern Wargaming Rules

Best Days for RPing
Fri - Sun

Attitude | +
~ Charles Swindoll

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:51 pm 

PLaying SQUAD with TASQ

OK, no empath and no edits to that post.

ImageImage

My Characters
My Writing Styles
Galileo Corporation
Modern Wargaming Rules

Best Days for RPing
Fri - Sun

Attitude | +
~ Charles Swindoll

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:08 pm 

PLaying SQUAD with TASQ

"You have to stay in shape. My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was 80.
She's 137 today and we don't know where the hell she is." --Doctor Jhong Che'en

Name: Jhong Ch'en
Race: Baku
Planet of birth: Bakushima
Physical Description:
Jhong Ch'en is 57 years old, 5'8" tall and weighs 175 Lbs on Kent. He is slightly overweight and it shows around his midsection as well as around his neck. His skin color is medium blue, he has green eyes and purple hair with pinkish-grey streaks. His face is always clean shaven, as there is never a need to shave. His face does not grow hair. He has a black mole on his forehead above the left eye that tends to distract people who look at him. It is one of those large moles with small strands of hair growing from it.

Dr. Ch'en wears a silken kimono, colored blue or yellow over a silken black T-shirt. He carries a green canvas satchel over his left shoulder which he uses to carry any necessary items. He wears a white colored sock under his sandals and when working in his office, he wears a white laboratory jacket. Since his eyes have started to go bad, he does wear spectacles. He has had surgery to repair his eyes, but after 15 years of seeing with 20/30 clarity, his eyes went back to their old ways He has given up trying to use technology to correct his vision.

History:Dr. Jhong Ch'en was born in the city of Tyr'lai, in GōRi Nation on Bakushima. His father was a surgeon of Oncology at the Tyr'laiian hospital downtown. This is the premier hospital of oncology in GōRi Nation. Dr. Lam Ch'en, who recently celebrated his 89th birthday graduated from Systenia School of Medicine in GōRi Nation. He was actually quite pleased when his son, Jhong was accepted into Lornyxian, but frowned upon his selection of studying human anatomy and physiology. The senior Ch'en believes his son has wasted his education and sees no future in him studying this foolish science. He does not understand why the younger Dr. Ch'en has isolated him to this foreign desert with a majority population of humans. Dr. Lam Ch'en feels disgraced by his son's behavior.

For Jhong Ch'en, he believes he is making a worthwhile contribution to the science of medicine. He is driven to succeed in his chosen field and feels compassionate about the people he treats on Kent.

Jhong Ch'en has his own medical office at the corner of Fresno and 6th Streets. The suite has room for two additional doctors to join his practice if they are available. there is a receptionist desk and file/server room, four exam rooms and an operating room. The exam rooms occasionally double as recovery and prep rooms for any surgeries Dr. Ch'en may be requested to perform. The Dr. Lives in a flat on the top floor of a large block at Bosque and 4th streets. This would be the fourth floor of the building. The third floor is currently unoccupied.

Dr. Ch'en came to McCall's Landing twelve years ago in search of a small community of humans where he can practice his art of healing humans. He thoroughly enjoys his job and views the humans of McCall's Landing as if they were his own children. Dr. Ch'en brought his wife Li with him and their son Wong who is now 14 years old. The Ch'ens count age based on their planet's calendar which is 56 days longer than that of Kent and 28 days longer than earth.

When he is not working with patients, Dr. Ch'en studies anatomy and physiology of other species in their region of the galaxy to include the Centaurians who are not very different from humans. He also enjoys reading mystery novels and crossword puzzles. If you like board games, the good doctor will accept a challenge.

Education/Work experience: Dr. Che'en graduated from Lornyxian School of Medicine at Toyoma City on Bakushima. Toyoma City is the center of medicine on Bakushima and specializes in the anatomy of off planet races, specifically humans. Dr. Ch'en is trained in diagnosing human ailments as well as several other races. The anatomy of other races has always fascinated him. He enjoys learning how other species function.

Medical school on Bakushima lasts eight years with a two year internship. Once the internship is completed, young doctors are expected to work under the guidance of a senior physician for five years before branching off on their own. Once a doctor has been in the field for ten years, they are then permitted to train other fellow apprentice doctors.

Equipment:
- Complete set of medical tools
- hand-held CT and Low Dose Radiological Imaging (LDRI) diagnostic tools
- Android Tablet "Elite" ver. 123
- Bassanova Luxury Sedan, color black

Psychological Profile: Dr. Ch'en is an intellectual, humorous person with a very organized mind. He prefers humor to sarcasm, prefering a light hearted tone over a serious one. Typically, Dr. Ch'en wears a smile plastered over his face. When he is not smiling, it would only mean he is worried about something. He is very attached to the people of McCall's Landing and takes very good care of them. He does like to imbibe in earth spirits and prefers Jameson's Irish Whiskey as well as Dewar's Scotch. Sometimes, he likes these drinks too much, but Dr. Ch'en is a happy drunk. When intoxicated, he becomes loud, boisterous and sings a bit too much, occasionally in his native language, which is difficult to take for some.

ImageImage

My Characters
My Writing Styles
Galileo Corporation
Modern Wargaming Rules

Best Days for RPing
Fri - Sun

Attitude | +
~ Charles Swindoll

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:14 pm 

Medals: 2
Longest RP (1) Dedicated Partner (1)
Blog: View Blog (5)

Not to be stupid, but where do I find the link to the map?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:44 pm 

PLaying SQUAD with TASQ

I placed the map in a spoiler tag under contents labeled, "Landing Map." Here is the link: http://i.imgur.com/L5M46RH.png

ImageImage

My Characters
My Writing Styles
Galileo Corporation
Modern Wargaming Rules

Best Days for RPing
Fri - Sun

Attitude | +
~ Charles Swindoll

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:11 pm 

Okay. I have it bookmarked now. I will be around all evening. I am going to write the character sheets.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:14 pm 

PLaying SQUAD with TASQ

This map is taken from that of Tularosa, New Mexico in the late 19th century. Go ahead and Google it. ;)

ImageImage

My Characters
My Writing Styles
Galileo Corporation
Modern Wargaming Rules

Best Days for RPing
Fri - Sun

Attitude | +
~ Charles Swindoll

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:34 pm 

Is Uncle Werner Buck's actually uncle or is that a nickname for the old man?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:38 pm 

PLaying SQUAD with TASQ

Isolde wrote:
Is Uncle Werner Buck's actually uncle or is that a nickname for the old man?

Quote:
Gunther Langerbaum arrived at McCall's Landing with his family about forty five years ago, hoping to strike it rich in the silver mines. His father, Kurt spent the family fortune on mining equipment and travel expenses for his wife, two sons and two daughters. Within five years of mining the Garzes River and chipping at rocks in the Targon mines, Gunther found a sum total of three ounces of silver. It was barely enough to remain. By this time, Gunther had grown of age and fond of McCall's Landing. He chose to remain in the city. His brother, Werner, always the rebellious sort, fell in with the wrong crowd and took the flats in search of adventure. You may have heard of the Phantom Five? Yes, this is a gang of outlaws or ruffians who terrorize the countryside. Gerd's uncle Werner is one of the original members. They no longer number five members. It is more like fifty five now.

Buck's father's name is "Gunther". :) Gunther's father's name is Kurt. Kurt and his wife had two sons and two daughters. The sons names are Gunther and Werner. I never gave the sisters names. Buck also has siblings and didn't mention what happened to them either. I did say, "most" of the family left the area.

ImageImage

My Characters
My Writing Styles
Galileo Corporation
Modern Wargaming Rules

Best Days for RPing
Fri - Sun

Attitude | +
~ Charles Swindoll

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:09 pm 

thanks, I thought so but wanted to double check.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:10 pm 

Analise Wright

Name: Ms. Analise Wright, M.S. Geology
Race: Human
Planet of birth: Earth
Physical Description: Analise Wright is 25 years old. She is tall for a woman, standing nearly eye to eye to the men in the mining camps where she had done her internship. Her softly curling auburn hair was her best feature when she allowed it to flow loosely around her round, childish cheeks. The soft edges were deceptive as many men found out when they tried to patronize her. Men, even in this century, took exception to a woman in a predominantly male field. Analise was smarter than many, tougher than most and ruthless as a rattlesnake in August when challenged.
Men seemed to mistake the long silky ponytail as an invitation to flirt. If only she had kept those clear blue eyes shielded by the lush black lashes or just coquettishly pursed her full red lips, but she did not and that is what started the “event” as she now thought of it. When it was over, she had wiped her mouth with the back of her hand and smoothed those dancing curls back into play before tucking the long tails of the white cotton shirt back into the narrow waist of her jeans.
Now that she had finished her studies and received her Masters in Geology, the world would not be her oyster. Instead she was on the run.
History:
(Analise was the only child of an old New York family. She was raised with wealth and prestige and in incurable desire for adventure. Her parents had insisted on a Harvard education, hoping she would settle for being a debutante but instead, Analise had buried her head in Louis L’Amour westerns. The thrill of the old West called to her so when she was ready for graduate work, she decided on the University of Colorado to study mining. Her family was horrified and finally just paid her to stay away b. Analise was thrilled to be rid of stuffy, boring back East boy and was anticipating launching a career in the West, New Mexico, specifically, when the “Event” happened.
An ad in the newspaper opened a new avenue for adventure and an escape from the consequences “Event”so she sold her few belongings, with the exception on her dog, Baby, turned in a good portion of her early inheritance into currency for Kent and took the next Hovertrain to McCall’s Landing on faraway Alpha Centauri II
Analise has a Bachelor’s degree in Education and a Masters in Geology. She has a teaching certificate although teaching young children is not her first choice, she has taught every age from 4 year olds to 65 year olds. She had worked in the oil fields in Oklahoma and the gold mines of New Mexico where she was prepared to take a superintendent’s job when the “Event” happened.

Equipment:
Money
Her dog, Baby
A suitcase full of clothes
A blaster
An electronic reading device loaded with an entire library of books
Psychological Profile:
Analise is a helpful, brilliant woman. She enjoys the company of interesting people. She is not small minded and is accepting of everyone but those who think to pull a con on her. She is loyal, brave to the point of foolhardiness on occasion. Analise is strong, mentally, physically and intellectually. She does have a bad temper when she is standing for the rights of the underdog and of course, that is what put the icing on the “Event”
Relationship to other characters:
In my opinion, she will be a favorite with most people in town, with the exception of those who think she is uppity and out of the role that is traditionally considered that of a female.

Last edited by Isolde on Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:21 pm 

PLaying SQUAD with TASQ

Excellent character, Isolde. She will fit in nicely as the school marm in McCall's Landing. The only item I would ask you change is the race from white to human. Thanks.

ImageImage

My Characters
My Writing Styles
Galileo Corporation
Modern Wargaming Rules

Best Days for RPing
Fri - Sun

Attitude | +
~ Charles Swindoll

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:22 pm 

Baby, the pitbull
Name:
Baby
Race:
Dog
Planet of birth:
Earth
Physical Description
Baby is a rednose brown and red brindled pitbull. She is a female which has been spay. She has never had pups so even though she is 8 years old, she acts like a goofy puppy much of the time. She weighs about 50lbs. Her eyes are almond shaped and yellow, which gives her a devil dog look but as Analise could tell you, the only thing at risk from that dog is a dog biscuit.

Baby has never been to obedience school although she did attend Harvard, the University of Colorado and the internship in New Mexico with Analise. The hardest work she does is chase her tennis ball for 15 minutes a night right before she chases her tail in the nightly Tail Rodeo.
Equipment:
Baby comes with a red collar and a pink harness. Her leash is a thick braid leather dyed pink and lavender. She brought her tennis ball, braided rope and her blanket with her from Earth to Kent.
Psychological Profile:
Baby is laid back and funny. She is interested in people and thinks they are put in her path to play ball. She is loyal to Analise and while not aggressive, she would protect her mistress. She sleeps in bed with Analise every night and is terrified of storms.
Relationship to other characters:
She is mellow with other people but stays close to Analise. She loves children.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:25 pm 

did that edit. thanks. I'm aiming to please. wink

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:26 pm 

Owner

Medals: 14
Villain of the Month (2) Original Character (1)
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Just sent the write up for my alien race. Once that gets sorted I will work on a character.

"Any fool can write. It takes a genius to read"~Dadsky.
"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:38 pm 

Owner

Medals: 14
Villain of the Month (2) Original Character (1)
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

The Ahasuerus is a bipedal humanoid bear like race that hails from the planet ACHSHIYARSHU a rather temperate planet with a climate that varies from jungle to arctic. Ahasuerus made their homes in the jungles and forests of the world, where their large powerful forms were used for climbing trees. Covered in a thick coarse fur that varies from shades of brown to black, they sport a long snout and have protruding fangs from their lower jaw. Intelligent dark eyes stare out from the shadow of their brow and thick fur.

A noble race they believe in honor and loyalty above all else, which makes them amazing companions and lifelong friends to those who have earned it. Their language is made up of a series of grunts, growls and roars, in various tones that often only the most trained and skilled ear can hear it let alone translate it. With practice and effort they can speak “English”, though it is often in broken phrases, often lending to the notion that they are dumb and slow witted even when that is not the case.

Males can reach a massive 8.2 feet in height and weigh up to 800lbs. Females are a bit smaller and can reach roughly 7.2 feet in height and weigh up to 600lbs. Because of their size and strength, they make exceptional laborers, though their kind nature makes them ill-suited for combat.

"Any fool can write. It takes a genius to read"~Dadsky.
"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:38 pm 

PLaying SQUAD with TASQ

Eferhilda wrote:
Just sent the write up for my alien race. Once that gets sorted I will work on a character.

Ahasuerus are an excellent race for Alpha Centauri II.

ImageImage

My Characters
My Writing Styles
Galileo Corporation
Modern Wargaming Rules

Best Days for RPing
Fri - Sun

Attitude | +
~ Charles Swindoll