All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:49 pm 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Supporter (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

3 years ago NASA made an announcement to the world that something had collided with our Sun and it has sent out a massive Solar Flare, the largest ever recorded, so large in fact that it would reach the earth within a week. Sure enough that thing hit hard and fast and it literally rocked our world. As it turned out the flare wasn’t so much the threat, our earth’s reaction was what nearly caused humanities’ extinction. The Flare caused Nature to go on a schizophrenic rampage sending out every natural disaster known to man to happen all at once all over the world. Tokyo, New York, Amsterdam, Chicago, Hong Kong, Los Angeles, Miami and all other major cities were leveled in mere minutes by tornadoes, hurricanes, volcanic eruptions, landslides, tsunamis, earthquakes, electrical storms, blizzards, sand storms and so on. That was just the immediate effect of the Flare, all the sci-fi stuff happened afterwards when the radiation kicked in. Most if not all agriculture was screwed. Lush forests and fields of grass turned into desert wastelands. The blue sky was a vicious shade of red and gray. And any city that had any buildings left standing you could barely walk through let alone live in. Then the other changes started happening. For some plants, animals and even humans, if the radiation didn’t kill you instantly, it gave you “the sickness” or mutated you; the kind of mutations you’d see come out of a Hollywood basement. Some of us got off easy, with a little extra. For some the radiation caused an anomaly, granting these fortunate few the ability to control the elements of nature. We’ve been labeled as “Conduits”.

Now, 3 years later society has just barely begun to get back on its feet. Pockets of rusty looking towns and villages inhabiting a couple hundred each at least began to pop up over the country;, however, none so large and seemingly prosperous as “Haven”. That might be due to the fact that it’s being run by the “Council”, which essentially is our government whittled down to a small group of people who sit in a room at the top of the largest standing skyscraper in the Former U.S. Haven is still just as much a dump as anywhere else, it’s just the biggest dump. The Council tries to make it seem like they’re going to help the population by gathering groups of “volunteers” to travel the wastelands in search of fertile soil and sources of abundant food. No one ever comes back. That’s mostly because the wastelands are riddled with Mutants and bandit groups. One such group that seems to be the most organized and ruthless is known as the “Hellbound”; a group of mutants, humans, and conduits working together in harmony to kill and steal from other mutants, humans, and conduits. They’re led by someone named “Wraith”. Supposedly a mutant with conduit abilities, which has never been heard of in the 3 years the world has been in this hellish state. Either way he’s powerful and a mean bastard. Lately though the Hellbound have changed tactics. Now they abduct people and take them off into the wastelands instead of just killing everyone in sight. Surely “something wicked this way comes” and it doesn’t look good for anyone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So there’s the synopsis of what this thread is about. I need 4 other players to be a part of the main “Hero Group” one person for each element (which will be listed below). Basically the group manages to meet on random circumstances and decide to start helping and protecting the inhabitants of Haven since the Council is doing just a cracker-jack job of it...Eventually the group decides to investigate the abductions soon after they start happening and take their fight out to the wastelands.

Here are the playable races:

Conduits: Humans who have been enhanced by the radiation of the Solar Flare. When the flare hit the Earth 3 years ago it triggered an anomaly between the Person and an element of nature, i.e: fire, water, wind, earth and lightning. This merge grants the affected person complete control over one of these elements. Although not mutated a conduit displays one physical difference from a normal human, a natural glowing of the eyes. The glowing color in the eyes of a Conduit corresponds to what element it is they control: red for Fire, dark blue for Water, light blue for Wind, green for Earth, and the rare dim white of Lightning. Other differences a Conduit can display is the 20% increase in strength, speed and endurance compared to a normal human. They’re natural healing is also accelerated but only when injured, it is never a constant effect (we can’t all be Wolverine). No Conduit is “Invincible”. They live and breathe just like normal human beings and they can die just the same, although it may take a little more “umph” to do so. Conduits also have natural weaknesses, namely from using their abilities too much, exerting their energy and making the Conduit fatigued and exhausted, sometimes to the point of passing out. Some have experienced weaknesses to their opposite element.

Mutants: Humans who have been horrifically mutated by the radiation of the Solar Flare. This effect was almost instantaneous upon the amount of exposure to the radiation. Some humans went through a full mutation, becoming unearthly creatures only thought to exist in Hollywood and fantasy novels. These mutations retain nothing of their former selves, no memories, no traces of humanity left. They are extremely feral and animal-like in their behavior. Others experienced only a partial mutation, enough to deform the body in obvious ways but the host still retains all of their former self, be it speech, memories, and personality. Although granted no “powers” like those of a Conduit, Mutants developed a much more different set of abilities. Depending on the mutation depends on the ability. Most mutant abilities are manly physical; horns, claws, fangs, tentacles, acidic vomit ect, ect. They also possess 30% more strength, speed and endurance than a normal human. Like Conduits, Mutants are not “invincible”. Most mutants have only been killed by a Conduit and rarely by a normal human but that isn’t completely unheard of. This may depend on the ability of the mutant and human involved. Mutants have no natural weaknesses, all forms of weaponry hurt them just as they would anyone else.

Humans: Those who survived the flare and remained normal (not enhanced, sickened, or mutated by the radiation) struggle even more so than anything else to survive. Most people just try to stay alive; others seize the opportunity to ensure survival by terrorizing everyone else. Humans have the access to weaponry in comparison to their Enhanced and Mutated counterparts roaming the lands. Although Guns are few and far between, a generally well organized group of human survivors more than likely has a few firearms amongst the group. Very few mutants have been seen using firearms as well. There are no records of a Conduit using a firearm as there really isn’t a need for them to.

Character Sheet:

Name:

Race: (Conduit, Mutant, Human) [[Cannot be any combinations of mutants and conduits. If your mutant is a Humanoid Mutation, explain in the “Appearance” Description]]

Element/Abilities: [Conduits only] (What element your Conduit controls and any special abilities of your element that you would like to share. Limit of 1 element per Conduit and be reasonable with your abilities)

Mutation: [Mutants only] (Explain what mutation occurred and what ability it grants you)

Weapons: (Conduits limited to 1 weapon [no guns]. Possibly something that relates to their ability? Get creative. Mutants limited to 2 weapons [guns allowed]. Humans limited to 3 weapons [guns allowed])

Appearance: (Picture or detailed description on what your Character Looks like)

Brief Bio: (Explain briefly how your character became a Conduit, or Mutant. And how your character came to be at Haven (or badlands for some of you mutants))

Conduit Group:

1: Lightning- Volatile
2: Fire- Jo_#'s
3: Water- LunarDust
4: Earth- Dream of Purity
5: Wind- Mazzlebeast

[Note] I will also be playing Wraith throughout the story for now. This is an open RP so everyone is welcome to join as whoever they want and start anywhere they want, they can aid the group, or the Hellbound. It’s up to you.

The FIRST FOUR people who join as any of the available elements will be part of the Conduit Hero group. So if you're joining as part of the Hero group, it's first come first serve on the available elements. Anyone who joins after that can be whatever they want (human, mutant, conduit)

Also I am completely open to ideas for this and I’m thinking about expanding this world if all goes well. My initial thought to the hidden plot of the story and as to why the people are abducted is a “conspiracy”. An underground facility housing a small group of the Council's scientists experimenting on people, mutants, and conduits in attempts to extract their abilities to be used to enhance the Council members. Wraith and his Hellbound are a cover-up for collecting subjects. The deal for Wraith, presented by the council, is for him to own and control his own part of haven. Any thoughts and theories on this are welcome.

This is for everything you’ve ever loved
Use all the pain that you’ve felt in your life as the currency go out and trade it for blood
You are not you. You are now us
We are the only ones that you can trust
You’ll become fear. They’ll become dust
Before this moment you didn't mean much
You are the smoldering vessel of punishment born to do nothing but justify us"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:49 pm 

((I will make a Character sheet for Wraith as well later))

My Character-

Name: Connor Grath

Race: Conduit

Element/Abilities: Lightning
//Known Abilities\\ [Subject Connor Grath has been known to exibit sending out large waves of energy in any direction, moving and sometimes destroying any object in it's path. (Larger waves cause more exhaustion) Basic to Expert beams of channeled energy for long range targets. Commonly uses a type of "Shock Orb" attack whereas Subject launches various-sized orbs of energy. These orbs have been known to explode on contact or detonate upon Subject's will. Potential for unknown abilities: HIGH // Threat Level:HIGH

Weapons: No specific weapon, mainly sticks to hand combat. His custom motorcycle gloves have metal plates sewn in from before the Flare, but they seem to help in the conducting the amount of energy he uses to perform his Conduit Lightning abilities.

Appearance: Connor is male of 25 years of age at 5’8” 182lbs with an athletic build and short black hair. He wears black cargo pants, military boots he found in a surplus store, his white leather motorcycle jacket over a brown shirt and black hoody and his custom black leather motorcycle gloves with the fingers cut off. His eyes have an extra white glow to them as he rarely ever takes his hood off.

Brief Bio: Connor was a military brat. His father was in the Marines and died in Iraq when he was only seven. His mother was in the Air Force and got job offers all over the states, so Connor had to move around alot. Eventually they made it to New Mexico where his mother was diagnosed with cancer and died three months later. Connor was 17. Eventually he began working for a delivery company and used his motorcycle to get around, delivering to Texas and even California. He also got a part time job working in a machine shop welding boilers. In his spare time he got into Parkour (free running) and an underground fighting scene. A few years later the Flare hit.

“It was unbelievable to hear NASA pretty much tell the world they had a week to live. Everyone else thought so too because when that Friday came it was like no one expected it. I was on my sport bike riding to the city when I looked up and saw the sky erupt in so many colors. I thought someone was having a big blowout sale or something, but it caused everyone to stop their cars. No one thought about it until the ground shook, cracked open then split apart, swallowing row after row of cars and people. I overheard this guy’s radio next to me and the announcer was going ballistic, screaming natural disasters were happening all over the world. I wasted no time, spun my ass around and shot through oncoming traffic like a bat out of hell, literally because that’s what it felt like was following me. The ground kept falling behind hind me and towers of earth were just springing up in front of me. The cars were slowing me down so I jumped off road and headed east through the fields. Found myself right in the middle of an electrical storm. Lightning was beaming everywhere and soon enough, it beamed me. I didn’t wake up right away, but I remember feeling like I got hit a few more times. After I woke up I had no idea what time it was, what day it was, or where I was. I was half surprised I remembered my name. My bike was fried so I started walking. Luckily I found the highway. It was like looking at hell, the ground misshapen, cars and people littered everywhere both twisted and crushed. I kept following the road for God knows how long. That’s when I got my first glimpse of my “powers” so to speak. A car that was still running shocked the hell out of me, but it didn’t kill me and it didn’t feel like the lightning bolt, it felt good. Thought I was just lucky at first but it happened a few more times. Eventually my memory came back a little bit and I found some run down warehouse building. I must have been there for a few months discovering my new abilities and scavenging for food. Eventually this fairly large group of people came around and start working on all the buildings a few blocks from my new home. A couple years later, those buildings became ‘Haven’. No one pays any attention to me which is good, others like me are no secret to the world, but it’s just easier to lay low. This whole new city is my home now, and that’s just how things are going to have to be for a while."

Name: Wraith

Age: Unknown but from some witnesses, looks to be in his mid to late 30's

Race: Conduit/Mutant Hybrid (The only one of this kind as of yet)

Element/Abilities: Wraith has yet to be seen to actually control any real elements but he has been seen to emit a type of "dark energy" attack that shows similar characteristics displayed by Black Holes. This energy has yet to be classified.

Mutation: Wraith has the unique ability to travel and use shadows however he pleases

Weapons: There have been no reports of any weapon used by Wraith. So far he only uses his abilities and mutation to attack and gets increasingly efficient at using them.

Appearance: Wraith stands at 6'4" and is constantly cloaked in shadow by a large leather hood. Those who have ever seen any sign of his face underneath the hood have only seen a dirty cloth wrapped around the lower half of his face, and his eyes have an eerie and menacing black glow that seems to cut through the shadow of his hood. The hood is attached to a long dirty black leather trenchcoat which is worn loosly open over his bare torso. His skin is an off-white/pale tone and is covered in barbed wire. He wears tough leather pants and no shoes.

Brief Bio: There is no knowledge of Wraith Pre-Flare but it has been well known that after the flare he was indeed a violent man. He killed anyone and everyone that crossed his path. Eventually seeing the prosperity of Haven he began to organize a band of misfits quickly known as the "Hellbound" which he used to terrorize the residents of Haven. Recent events however show his tactics have changed and now he and his Hellbound ubduct unsuspecting residents and salvagers from the city.

Use all the pain that you’ve felt in your life as the currency go out and trade it for blood

Last edited by Volatile on Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:07 pm 

Blog: View Blog (22)

Name:Leahanna (Alias-Lea)

Element/Abilities: Water; She can gather the moisture in the air and pull it into a collection to be used for many things. Whether it be for healing purposes (takes a while to get the water consistency correct for that) or causing a tidal wave (needs to be near a very large body of water and it takes all of her strenght). Anytime she uses her ability it weakens her. (Basically like the water tribe from the show Avatar: the last air bender)

Mutation: none

Weapons: She wears special waterproof clothing. Carries only a small dagger as she usually fights with her hands.

Appearance:

Brief Bio: She was out drinking on the beach for her 21st birthday when the solar flare hit. A large wave consumed the small beach shack and pulled her into the ocean. When she woke up she was laying in the sand, but instead of feeling dehydrated due to the salt in the water, she felt refreshed. When she stood and look around at the gruesome scene before her, fear rose and along with that fear, she felt wet. Worse than she already was. She focused her vision on the tip of her nose and saw a droplet of water floating mere inches away. As her fear grew so did the small amount of water. Bigger and bigger until it burst, coating her. She walked silently, wet and alone until she came upon Haven.

Having found a small abandoned building toward the edge of the city she made herself a home. Foraging for food whenever she could.

(Before the Flare hit, she was into martial arts and had gained her blackbelt in Judo)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:36 pm 

great character Lunar! i'm enjoying this already. and as just an update, i have a character sheet made up of Wraith. It may be possible that later down the line i will just post him up as an NPC but we'll see how it goes.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:38 pm 

Aww thanks! :) I like your character too, its pretty intense. I was thinking about creating an actual back story for her, but there isn't a section on this site aside from the blogs where i can keep the collection of my stories. hmm..

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:24 am 

Blog: View Blog (7)

Name: Samantha Morris

Element/Abilities: Earth [Can manipulate rock and stone with ease, subconscious control of plants, has no control of this ability, essentially limited to causing growth, and occasionally spontaneous mutations in plants, when around them. These mutations usually take effect as a change in color, or petal/leaf/fruit shape/size, however, over exposure can cause random development of thorns, toxins, or, with extreme exposure, cause the plant to adopt insectivorous capabilities.]

Weapons: Sam summons a condensed crystal quarterstaff, but is proficient with hand to hand.

Appearance:Image

Brief Bio: Sam was a mostly normal girl living in southern California, her parents immigrated from Vietnam, and she was brought up in a very close knit community. She was taught basic martial arts, which has served her very well. She was in college, pursuing an education in business management when the solar flare hit. The class she was in proved to be far less stable than most thought. It collapsed. Sam and a few others made it out before the gas lines ruptured. It wasn’t long after that she realized that she was leaving a trail of sorts. Plants were growing in her wake. It was when she was trying to control this that she realized that it was more a secondary ability, and that her manipulation of stone was her true power. Her and the group she was traveling with have since caught word of a haven of sorts. While she doubts they will be accepted so easily, she will be glad to no longer be responsible for the safety of the group, which has relied on her and 2 other mutants.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:18 am 

Wow Dream, thats awesome!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:45 am 

Great character dream. Are you going to play the parts of the two other mutants you we're traveling with?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:50 am 

First off, thank you guys :) I really liked the concept, I'm glad everyone else did too!

I wasn't really planning on it, but sure, why not? I'll put up character sheets for them. (as soon as I get them all figured out.)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:10 am 

Blog: View Blog (4)

Um are the elements only confined to the ones you mentioned?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:22 am 

Name: Josh Higgins

Race: Mutant

Mutation: Josh has the ability to create and amplify resonance. This grants him basic sonic abilities. He’s able to magnify or diminish sounds, with concentration, he can destroy objects by sending resonating frequencies through the air.

Weapons: Pistol, is capable at grappling, but not excellent at hand to hand otherwise.

Appearance: Average height and build, Josh has dark hair, and deep brown eyes. His skin is slightly tanned from years of spending afternoons at the beach, but retains it’s fair complexion, with a few extra freckles.

Brief Bio: Josh was in the same class as Sam, which collapsed on them when the flare hit. He was at one point Sam’s love interest, however, the badlands made short work of that, as he saw the ruthless nature of his girlfriend, he realized that little would come of their relationship. He was born and raised in a poor family, and is enjoying the end of the world a little too much.

Name: Alicia Sanders

Race: Mutant

Mutation: Gravity manipulation. Alicia, or Mrs. Sanders as many refer to her, can increase gravity to an extreme, or decrease it, allowing one to almost fly. She can also increase the gravitational pull between two bodies, excluding the earth.

Weapons: Shotgun, dagger. Mrs. Sanders has no formal training in self defense, but took a women’s protection class at the beginning of her third year teaching.

Appearance: Her skin permanently tinted gray, Mrs. Sanders naturally sandy blonde hair now stands out against the pale gray skin, and shimmering blue eyes. Age has just began to set in, at 48, she appears to be far younger, with soft lines at the corners of her mouth, and eyes.

Brief Bio: Mrs. Sanders taught part time at the college, preferring her job at the local elementary school. Ironically, she taught physics at the college, which gives her a very unique view of her power. During the solar flare, her husbands pacemaker was affected by the emp like blast, and shut down. He passed away just a few days later. Since his death, Mrs. Sanders has begun looking at those she travels with as a sort of family.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:15 pm 

Nice work again dream. You didn't have to make sheets for them I was just curious if you thought about it but now I'm kinda glad you did.

Kannon, conduits can only control one element at the moment. If this plot finishes I planned on letting conduits and even mutants "evolve" in the sequel. But for now to keep it simple we'll leave it at one per conduit. You are welcome to make a couple extra characters if you really want to play different elements.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:57 pm 

no I mean like are the elements only like fire, earth, water, wind and stuff like that ... like would it possible use scientific elements and metals? as well *just a thought*

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:20 pm 

Hmmm...sounds interesting. Tell you what pm me an example character sheet. I might allow something like that for a mutant more than a conduit, but it still sounds like a cool idea. A little more variety never hurt :)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:27 pm 

here's the char sheet for my char XD

Name: Aifa

Element/Abilities: Aifa has the ability to creat Iron from earth as a sub element/reform forged Iron. be it an iron railing or a sheet of iron or even Iron in the ground (though it takes a bit longer to form that way), even small quantities of iron can be under control. however she has to be in near direct contact (about 15cm) or have her DNA on the iron to yield it.

Mutation: N/A

Weapons:Aifa normally dosen't carry a weapon, instead she carries a ball of iron. the ball is a bout the size of an average mans fist. she also has an iron pendant in the shape of a cross and small sheets of iron no wider than half an inch on her forearms.

Appearance: Aifa has long black hair down to her thigh and Deep red eyes, she's not very tall only 5'2 but she's still very athletic but not body builder like. she wears a black leather top then stops a little under her rather large breasts giving them a lot of support. he has black hot pants with a skirt like feature on the back trailing down to the floor. her hands have black belted leather straps on them and go up her fore arm but are fingerless. her boots are more like greaves, they're knee high but have a metal covering. under neath is a thick leather again black from what is visible.

Brief Bio: Since the majority of Conduits can use the natural elements of fire, earth, water, wind and so on. Scientists at Haven were astonished to find a girl who could manipulate Iron. They did many experiments with her testing this ability. They even found the reformed Iron was sturdier than normally forged iron. However Aifa was in no mood to help them. once she learned how to use the Iron as weapon, Aifa broke out of the Lab and ran away. During the flare 3 years ago she lost her most precious person. and is now on a journey to find her.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:44 am 

Character Sheet:

Name: Anne Ashling

Element/Abilities: Wind, her power is sensitive to Fire Conduits, and acts unpredictably.

Weapons: Whip.

Appearance: White-blond hair that is short on the sides but fluffy and longer on the top. Her eyes are the trademark light blue of wind-manipulators. She's not tall, but she is stocky. Her clothes are usually hard-to-tear material and good colours for camoflage. Her boots rarely leave her feet, and her whip is always strung across one shoulder.

Brief Bio: Anne was about to go to jail for murder, before the Flare saved her life by almost ending everyone elses. Instead of resenting how hard life has become, she welcomes it. The challenges are sometimes seen as games in her eyes. It helps that she was raised in Alaska, in some of the harshest of North American civilization.

When her Wind power first surfaced she was overjoyed, but like Anne it's full of attitude and odd quirks. She has learned to use a whip directionally with the power of her wind. It helps with landing blows where she wants them to land. It exponentially increases the force behind the attack as well.

She is curt and tough skinned, but can't tolerate anyone taking advantage of people who can't defend themselves. This is especially true for children, and she's been known to go too far in her pursuit of people who abandon or sell their children to bandits or the Hellbound.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:21 am 

ok IC is up people, let the posting begin! For English, Press "1". Para Espanol, la prima numero "2". Or just click Here

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:28 pm 

Sorry i am soo late! i have been busy! i hope you still need a fire controller!! :D

Name: Rachel Henderson

Element/Abilities: Rachel can control fire. Besides all the basic abilities that comes with fire, she can also send it elsewhere. If she knows that someone else needs the flames warm embrace, she can make it appear where it is needed and how it is needed. The only downside to that is that she needs complete concentration, meaning she can never do it in battle.

Weapons: Rachel has a dagger that she keeps in a spot on her leg. It was passed down to her from her father.

Appearance: hair
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x257/Fab_Fever/hair21.jpg

eyes
http://blackstripeiris.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/redeyes.jpg

Brief Bio: There was nothing different about Rachel, she was just a normal girl living a normal life. Well that is until the flare hit. She doesn't remember exactly what happened that day. All she remembers is waking up. Rachel had a massive headache and she was really cold! brrrr! why am i sooo cold? The next thing she knew, she was dousing a flame that seemed to came out of no where that had ignited on her finger. She ran to the bathroom to splash some cold water on her face and thats when she saw it. Her eyes were glowing a bright red. Then she doesn't remember what happened because she passed out on the cold bathroom floor.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:49 pm 

It's all good Jo, welcome aboard :) post up when you can.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:13 am 

did the RP die?