All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:30 pm 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Supporter (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

A Long Time Ago In A Galaxy Far Far Away...

300 Years after the great Force Purge eliminated all Jedi and Sith, the Mandalorians arose from the depths of space and brought war with them once again. With no Jedi to stop them, their rule came swift and hard, nearly annihilating the New Galactic Republic. Now all that's left of The Republic is spread thin across the galaxy in small fleets. One in particular in the Dagobah system has aboard it a group of Cadets who came across records of the Jedi and the Force Purge along with rumors of a sole surviving Jedi on an unnamed planet in the outter rim. In hopes of bringing back the Jedi to defeat the Mandalorians, the Cadets devise a plan to abandon their studies for the hope of a greater good...

Ok so the cadets are obviously the players. This will start with them coming up with their escape plan to get off their starship, The Pacifier. We'll roll quickly into getting out and finding the jedi so it doesn't drag and the fun starts asap. Other players who aren't joining as Cadets can be bounty hunters, troopers, or even the Mandalorians to make it interesting.

Also note this story is obviously non-cannon since im pretty sure my timeline screws with the real one so whatever. That's why we make it our own. Here are a couple descriptions about some things so everyone is on the same page:

Force Purge: 300 years ago the Sith returned in mass numbers to hunt down Luke Skywalker's New Jedi Order and nearly succeeded. In a desperate attempt to save the galaxy the Jedi called upon the Force so highly that the very Will of the Force caused a blinding light that spread over every inch of the galaxy, destroying anyone connected to it, which included the Sith and Jedi. This became known as the great Force Purge.

Mandalorians: According to wookiepedia.com "Mandalorians wore very distinctive battle armor, including helmets with T-shaped visors that covered the entirety of their faces, and would provide inspiration for the helmets of the Republic's clone troopers. These helmets would eventually become strongly associated with the Mandalorian people." They were powerful warriors who rivaled the Jedi and Sith in physical combat but have no connection to the force. Although throughout most of their existence as allies with the Sith, they had their own code of honor and had no need for the darkside. They are the space equivalent of Spatans in short. Their blades and sometimes armor were made of certain alloys that could contend with even a lightsaber, allowing them to fight back fairly. If tree was ever an Elite Soldier of the galaxy, it would be a Mandalorian, bred for combat and baptized in war.

Any questions please ask.

Character Sheet:
Name:
Race: (any Star Wars race you want to be)
Appearance: (picture and or detailed description)
Equipment: (blasters, blades, lightsabers ext...)
Profession: (Trooper, Mandalorian, Bounty Hunter, Cadet/Jedi)
Brief Bio: (brief summary of their life leading up to the beggining events of the story)

My Character:
Name: Kaden Malcore

Race: Human

Appearance : Kaden stands at 5'10" with short black hair (shaved to a crew cut due to recruitment into the Republic) Dark green eyes and a handsome young face. Kaden, like the rest of the cadets, is in good physical condition with an atheletic body. He wears a traditions Cadet uniform of dark navy blue slacks with white strips that only go halfway down the outside of the thigh, a matching short collared shirt over a simple white T-shirt finishes the outfit.

Profession: Cadet/Jedi

Equipment: standard cadet blaster pistol. Eventually a single orange lightsaber pike

Brief Bio: Kaden was born on a shuttle in transit to Coruscant. His mother had no identification and died during birth before he was even out of the womb. After he was cared for Kaden was placed in a housing unit with an adoptive family, the Malcores. After being raised for 10 happy years, the Mandalorians struck Coruscant hard. Kaden was able to escape and became a stowaway aboard a fleeing republic starship, but before watching his family being slaughtered by th Mandalorians and their leader, The Supreme Mandalore. After surviving in secret aboard the starship Kaden eventually was discovered and after hearing his story, the Captain recruited him into the Republic Fleet. At the age of 16, he was transfered to The Pacifier due to his affinity to excel at his studies and hearing that the library of The Pacifier was much more extensive. There he befriended others who held the same drive of curriosity to gain any and all knowledge possible that would help put an end to the Mandalorian rule. Over the next 5 years Kaden and his friends discovered records of the old Jedi and Sith, as well as the Force Purge 300 years prior to the rise of the Mandalorians and hints of a sole surviving Jedi, to which Kaden committed himself to finding.

This is for everything you’ve ever loved
Use all the pain that you’ve felt in your life as the currency go out and trade it for blood
You are not you. You are now us
We are the only ones that you can trust
You’ll become fear. They’ll become dust
Before this moment you didn't mean much
You are the smoldering vessel of punishment born to do nothing but justify us"

Last edited by Volatile on Tue May 31, 2011 9:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:29 am 

Name: Damien Corser
Race: Male
Appearance: At five feet seven inches, Damien has a solid build. Broad of shoulder but shorter then most of his fellow Troopers, he more then compensates with raw strength. He has piercing blue eyes and his brown hair is kept in a neatly trimmed buzz cut.
Equipment: Vibro combat knife, blaster pistol, blaster rifle.
Profession: Trooper.
Brief Bio: Damian was born and raised on a New Republic naval station, and was raised in a military environment. There were never many children on the station, always passing through and never staying for long. The day the Mandolorians struck Coruscant, Damien was twelve years old. He was loaded into the shuttles and his last view of his parents they were boarding a system defense Frigate that was sunk in the defence of the planet within the hour. He joined up as soon as he was old enough, abandoning his parents hopes of him becoing a fleet officer by becoming a New Republic trooper instead. Revenge for his parents would be at the barrel of a blaster, not at some weapons berth aboard a starship.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:11 am 

Awsome! Accepted

Use all the pain that you’ve felt in your life as the currency go out and trade it for blood

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:28 am 

Nice character Aviose, did not expect a gungan but that was hella creative. Totally excepted! I will try to get an IC going soon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:06 pm 

Perusing the site to jump back in...

Medals: 5
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)

Character Sheet:

Name: L-337 (Goes by L)

Race: Assasin Droid

Appearance: L stands around 5'10 was built to have the same proportions as a 20 year old human, but is covered in silver armor around his arms, legs and torso, leaving the joints covered in a lighter flexable metal for agility. His leg plating separates to expose holsters for dual lightsabers. He wears a black robe over his metal to both protect it from dust and to trick some into thinking he was organic. Anything to annoy fleshlings.

Equipment: Dual blue lightsabers which attach to form a double bladed lightsaber, usually stored inside his legs. Has blasters inside his arms. Limited Force Field.

Profession: Mercenary

Brief Bio: L was formily a battle droid, but was dismantled and rebuilt into a more humanoid form. He recieved his designation, because he was 337th in the production line of building L in a Republic Automated Droid factory. He was upgraded with a more advanced AI, and has since learned of the Republic's fall. He is currently a drifter, taking off jobs and hauling freight to make money in his ship.

Character personality: L is reserved and quiet. Some mistake him to be inactive at times, but he would rather observe others before taking action of any kind. He's over analytical, thinking and rethinking before doing even the simplist of things, but being a droid, he can do this in a matter of nanoseconds. He has a very low opinion of humans and other 'fleshlings' as he calls them. The only man he had ever respected was the old mechanic who had rebuilt him. He has the capacity to put feeling in his voice, making it sound more like a persons, but would rather speak like a machine because of his low opinion of 'fleshlings'.

-- ----------------

How about you guys use L's ship to escape on? Like stow away when he docks for supplies or repairs or something?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:27 pm 

Nice character Donta, little currious as to how he acquired a pair of lightsabers though. Seeing as how the Sith and Jedi were wiped out I would acceptthey were a rare find at one point in L's life. And I thin I like the idea of the cadets escaping on your ship. Might add some excitement right off the bat!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:01 pm 

The reason behind the light sabers is because of the facility he was created in. Since it was automated and kind of remote, it kept building droids and storing them, taking the odd one off the line for quality testing even after the fall of the republic since it hasn't received the order to stop production. Producing Droids for a war between Jedi and Sith, they were given the sabers as a special prototype unit.

As in my character sheet, I mentioned he was rebuilt. When the factory reached maximum storage capacity, the production lines shut down automatically, and it went dormant. It was then discovered by a lone Scientist on an expedition, who took a single droid from the Quality testing facility and did the modifications to what L is today. The man was later killed right when L was activated for the first time with his enhanced AI. With no obligation to stick around, he took his 'creator's' ship and went on to make a living.

This is a character I've used before and everyone's character sheets are slightly different. Again the History was again adjusted to fit the story.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:15 pm 

yeah that works out perfectly, thanks for the explanation!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:24 pm 

yeah still no other cadet...but i'm not letting this one go, my star wars kick is too hyped up for me to let it go lol soo i'm going to start working on the IC so that those of you who have signed up can get a few posts in. Worst comes to worst i'll just tweak the story a bit. Thanks again to those who joined and i'll have this up by tomorrow at the latest

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:08 am 

Ok IC is HERE

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:42 am 

Im going to post assuming the droid your character bumped into is me....let me know otherwise.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:19 am 

Blog: View Blog (2)

Umm. if it's okay if i join here's my character.

Character Sheet:
Name: Fall
Race: Human
Appearance: She is 5'10 and has long dark hair. Her skin is a bronze color because of some alien dna from past generations. Her eyes are a bright blue and look almost cat-like. Obviously she is not a pure blood human and she is not proud of that fact. She wears black jean-like pants with padoc boots. She has a holster for her weapons at her hips. She has a dark blue t-shirt and a brown leather jacket that falls half way down her torso. Her hair is pulled back with a blue beaded ribbon, from her late mother. She carries a back-back.
Equipment: duel gold lightsabers. She doesn't know why they are gold but they are. She got the lightsabers from her father who got it from his father and so on. She has two hunting knives hanging from her belt as well.
Profession: Bounty Hunter
Brief Bio: Fall had a nice life on the outer rim. She lived on a farm with her mother and her father. Her father grew a farm and her mother made food to sell at market. Fall had many friends in her village, but everything ends. Her village was burnt to ashes and her family was dead. She was away playing with the animals when she saw the smoke and came running back. She was only 10 at the time. She was found by an old bounty hunter who was soon to die. He taught her every thing she knows. Her heart became cold and uncompasionte. The only thing on her mind is to survive, but search death.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:27 am 

Profile looks good uni.

And yes Donta that was you I ran into. I was going to mention it yesterday but I had to get out of the irc quickly. Since I was at work.

Note: im going to limit the amount of lightsabers being used by non-jedi characters from now on. Im not going to get all into the nerdy details (let's just say that "realistically" its a weight issue). So for now whiteunicorn and Donta are the non-cadet/jedi allowed to have lightsabers, aside from any other possible cadets that join up later of course, with which we will build our own with the guidance of the sole surviving jedi a little later on.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:01 am 

So i don't have lightsabers? Grr confused. lol

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:21 am 

You're fine uni. I meant that any other person who joins up and is making a character that won't be a jedi later will NOT be allowed to wield lightsabers.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:00 pm 

Okay thanks for clearing that up. =D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:04 pm 

Ok so to get things kind of rolling along I kept my post a little open-ended but clearly showing the direction i'm heading, which would be to sneak aboard L's ship and yadda yadda yadda. I imagine Uni's character, L, and Rogue's trooper have an interesting surprise meetup in the supply room possibly? causing a dramatic escape for L and Uni with Rogue in hot pursuit. That's just a general idea that hit me all of a sudden. Obviously the details are all up to you folks, this is your thread too :) Any other ideas?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:51 pm 

I'll be posting in the next couple of days. the week's been busy and i normally never have a chance to get on during the weekends cuz i'm with the gf the majority of the time.