We are currently looking to fill some gaps among our staffing ranks. Like the last time, rather than come up with a list of people we feel would fit, we're letting you
put your name forward. So, if you feel qualified, feel free!
Just like the last time, go to your "User Control Panel", then to "Usergroups" (beneath "Private Messages" on the left hand side) and apply for the position you're seeking. After that, send me a PM to say that you've applied for (insert position here)
, and I'll send you the questions you'll need to answer. Your answers to the questions I ask will determine if you're given the position you seek, bumped up to another, or if we're not quite the right fit at this moment in time. Should you not get the position you seek this time around, that's not to say you can't apply at a later date.
If you applied prior, we still have your answers on file, so you'd only need let me know you're reapplying this time around. If you'd like to amend any of your answers, I'll resend them to you and we'll take it from there.
- - - -MENTOR:
This group is made up of those who assist new members into becoming settled in the site, welcoming and greeting them into our family, as well as help established members should they need it. Examples of things that could be needed are as follows.
Of those this list is only some of what a mentor does. They are a moderator, though they specifically focus on the "Introduction" forum, and, as such, are the first line of defense when a problem arises. If a problem does arise, Mentors would be the first person to contact, unless they aren't around at the time and the problem is of a more urgent nature.
- Explain the rules, for both the newer and older members alike.
- Explain the basics of RP and certain styles, should the member not understand, or be wholly new.
- Help a member figure out where to post something, whether it be just content-related questions or if they're unsure of where to post given the requirements for each section.
- Approve posts in the queue in the "Introduction" forum, thereby approving new members.
- Write a greeting for each introduction posted, just to say hello, and familiarize the members with whom they can reach out to should questions arise.
- Help connect new members with writing partners or roleplays that fit what they're looking for.
- Peruse the roleplay forums and give helpful nudges.
- Monitor the chat.
- The first line of defense, so if you see something within the forum or chat that needs handling, point it out to the next appropriate person and it'll be handled, if not able to be handled by the mentor directly.
- - - -
What was outlined in this post for the position is the bulk of what needs to be done, however there will be odds and ends that pop up from time to time.
The biggest need that we have for this position, and any that are applied for...is time
. That's become the Achilles' Heel of our staffing as a whole. We know that things in real-life take precedent, but a few minutes here or there really make a difference and allows CF to run as smoothly as possible. We need people who are willing to devote the time to cover their forum, to answer questions, to watch chat. This isn't an all-day commitment, but is needed for more than once a week, or every few days.
set your availability. If you say you're available for duties between such and such a time, but are around more, you don't have to be actively moderating during times you've slotted for writing. So long as the work gets done when it's needed, you've plenty of leeway.
We are seeking about two (2)
mentors at this time.
To show that you've read the entirety of this message, when you write me, tell me your favorite food of all time and why in the body of the message, with the title of your private message being "I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts". Please also include a puppy gif.
Thank you in advance for your time, and we look forward to hearing from you,