Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:31 pm
Location: New York City
Blog: View Blog (0)
In order to keep these forums running smoothly and to prevent problems, please follow these simple rules for the forums here. If you have any questions or problems, please contact one of the Staff Members.
Our goal for this site is to keep a fun, friendly environment, and these rules help ensure that people of all ages and backgrounds will enjoy this board. That being said, there are sections of the site whose content is of the mature nature and as such is not intended for users under the age of eighteen (18)
. Creative Freedom RPG is NOT responsible should members under this age view these sections as they are clearly labeled for the content that they contain. Common Sense
is our main rule, first and foremost. However, to keep any confusion or future misunderstandings at bay, below is a more comprehensive list rules, rules that are subject to change.
As stated, should you have any questions or concerns, please contact any staff member.
- - - -General Rules
1.This site has very specific, content-geared forums. Members are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting to ensure they are posting in the correct forum. This rule is very forgiving, but users who repeatedly post in the wrong forum despite corrections from a staff member may be given a warning (only after the aforementioned nudges in the proper direction).
2.These forums are geared toward a general audience, including members under the age of 18. However, there is a specific section which is for the sole purpose for content that is of the mature nature. (Written content only, sexual graphic photos and images are discouraged and some are completely banned from being posted and will be deleted the moment they are found)Members are not to post obscene, vulgar, racist, graven, offensive, or illegal posts, links, or images on this forum. Users who choose to do so may be warned or, in extreme cases, banned without a warning.
3. A Multiple accounts is not allowed. Each user is only allowed one account, and is to keep only that one account. Unlike other roleplay sites where you use multiple accounts for different characters, we do not operate as such. If you've an issue with your account, contact an administrator via email and they'll get it sorted, but do not, under any circumstances create another account. Multiple accounts is grounds for banning.
B. There is to be no making of an account for a friend, family, buddy etc. This constitutes the same as making a multiple account.This also means that there is to be one user per account; no "joint custody" of said accounts as that could, unintentionally, create drama and disrupt the atmosphere here at CF that we strive to uphold. Should a person wish to make an account they have to make it themselves, if they need assistance walk them through the process or have them contact a staff member.
4.Flaming other members, groups of members, is not to be tolerated at all. Also, using this forum to negatively promote another person or website is not allowed. If you have an issue with someone else, please take it up with them personally. By posting something on the same forum, or even another, is immature and childish. Any offending posts or topics will be deleted or locked on sight, and if necessary, a warning may be given.
5.A.Members are not allowed to bait/goad other members. Baiting/Goading is an attempt to anger and provoke another member into a negative response, regardless of whether or not it ultimately leads to a larger issue. Such behavior may lead to a warning and offending topics or posts will be removed..
5.B.Members are also not allowed to seek pity and cause drama by posting up MIAs that talk about "thinking about leaving" or something to the affect. This is not the place to seek attention and pleas for you to come back, to stay, but to let the community know if you're actually taking a leave of absence, or need to separate yourself from the site. Any offending posts or topics will be deleted and, if necessary, a warning may be given.
6.Members are not to harass or abuse other members in topics, private messages, signatures, avatars or profiles. This includes stalking other members, both online and in real life. Such behavior will lead to a warning or a ban.
IMPORTANT! If you are using the private message system to harass another member and they request that you cease contact with them, you must do so immediately or you will be banned.
If a member is harassing you in any way through this site, please report that member to the administrators.
7.Members are not to violate the privacy of other members by publicly posting personal information about them; this is to include full names, street addresses or P.O. Boxes, telephone numbers, etc. You may not post the contents of a private conversation with another member anywhere on this site without the consent of the other member. Exceptions may include notifying a staff member of a violation through private channels such as the board private message system.
8.All rules apply to the private messaging system, and the CHAT as well, abuse of the Private Messaging or the CHAT system will result in a Warning.
9.AMembers are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc. Users linking to or re-printing material without permission will receive a warning and their post will be removed.
9.B. Members are not to link to other roleplaying sites. There is a place specified for advertising and as such that is the only place links to another rp site are to be allowed.
10.Members are asked not to post using l33t speak, txt speak, abbreviated expletives, posting in ALL CAPS in “In Character” posts, topics, chat or blog posts. Repeatedly posting in these methods will result in a warning. Exceptions from this rule are in regards to whether or not a character is engaging in a form of text or instant message communication within the post.
11.God moding is not allowed at all.
"God Moding" is in essence when someone's character has the ability to do practically anything without limits or boundaries. An example is when they simply cannot be harmed by any and all means other RP-ers try. -It can be killing or injuring a character without the player's express permission. -It can be when they simply can't be hit and dodge all attacks or anything for this matter aimed at them. -It can also be using other characters that other people RP with. In other words, if you do not RP as Legolas, then you cannot have Legolas say anything, or do anything, without the player's express permission.The only time that God Moding is allowed is with the explicit consent of the other player or players. If you are found to be violating this rule, you will receive a verbal warning. Repeated offenses will result in a logged warning, followed by a temp ban and then a permanent ban should the behavior continue.
12.There shall be no threads anywhere entitled "I'm so Bored', 'Desperate to rp', 'Need rp fix', etc. Threads found like this will be deleted on sight without a warning. There is plenty to do and participate in to keep yourselves entertained.
13. New players wishing to join a current RP must check with the thread author prior to posting in the IC for said RP. They can do this by either posting in the OOC, which is the best method, or just sending them a pm. In some cases, the title or the first post of the IC may indicate that the thread is still open therefore posting is allowed without the permission of the thread author. For all other cases, getting the permission of the thread author is required first.
14. There is to be no posting of “Out of Character” in the “In Character” sections. If there is no OOC thread, then such information or chatter should be sent via pm and/or some other form of communication. This is listed in the section specific rules, but it is also being written here as a means to drive home the importance of this rule. The exception, to this rule are small notes in regards to a post. I.E *My character moved to the other side of the room.* Entire Out of character conversations are not allowed at all.
15. Bumping of threads is allowed and encouraged. However, using the word "BUMP" (in any form) and any other such impatient postings are not allowed. We understand that threads can get pushed to the backs of pages due to the activity of others and members would like their ideas to be seen. If this is the case then posting "Still looking for player/players" is allowed, or even adding more information to the thread. Put some thought into the post. Single word, or impatient feeling bumps could result in the thread being locked for a day as a means of punishment for the offending bumper. If you wish to get the attention of the people involved in a thread, then PM them, use the site tagging system or contact them in some other means but do not "BUMP" the threads by using the word "Bump."
16. Content and standards for the Omega section. Omega will be the only place where small paragraphs and one liners will be allowed. All threads containing multiple one liners or small paragraphs will be moved to the Omega section. This will mean that if your rp is in The Cave and does not meet the standards it will be moved accordingly. This will mean that the content of the thread must meet the content of the whole site, until the thread is proven to meet the standards for the original section it was started in.
Overall Content of the forum: Creative Freedom RPG is primarily a PG-13 forum. What this means is that in terms of descriptive content we use the "Scream vs. Saw" example. While both of these movies are classified as horror movies the level of descriptive detail between the two varies greatly. Foul language use is allowed within all of the In character sections of the board, as characters are allowed to express themselves as needed. Violence is allowed throughout the board as well, but the descriptive detail has to be limited. I.E, no describing in great detail how the organs looked like when they spilled from the open gut wound. Keep the details simple and you are fine. Sexual scenes must either fade to black or only use the barest minimum of details. Similar to the rule on violence less or none at all is better rather than more. Unsure about a post feel free to reach out to a staff member for a once over. EACH SECTION HAS A SET OF RULES PERTAINING REQUIREMENTS. ALL MEMBERS ARE ADVISED TO READ THESE STICKED TOPICS PRIOR TO ENGAGING IN ROLEPLAYING.
17. We are a forum-based, play-by-post site. As such, we ask that you do not join for the sole purpose of seeking out Instant Message/Email/Skyle/Off-site roleplay. This does not mean that our members cannot engage in that, but if you’ve no intentions of using the forum as it was intended for on-site roleplay and are only interested in something off, this site may not be a good fit for you. We need to be able to see that you are, in fact, using the board for roleplay, and not merely searching for your roleplays in an off-site faculty; PMs will be sent to check in should we see the opposite and then action will be taken.
If you're found to try skirting the rules we have in place by taking any roleplay offsite or to PMs, you will be issued a temporary ban.
If you do join for this sole purpose, any interest check or search will be deleted, along with the account. This rule has been added the 30th of September, 2014, and will not be applied retroactively.
- - - -Chat-Specific Rules
1. The chat is for chatting purposes ONLY. While, we understand that there will be times that some RP will occur in chat (i.e- glomping, tackling, huggling, snuggling and the like), its main purpose is for talking and socializing with other members. This is inclusive of a plethora of actions strung together and outlined by asterisks, so if the chat is filled with it and a staff member steps in asking for such to lessen, this request need be heeded.
2. Content is to be kept at PG-13 until Midnight EST, at which the content may then become of the adult nature. This does not mean to be perverted for perverted sake, and there will be no pornographic links posted simply because of the time. This just means more mature subject matter that would have needed to be avoided can now be indulged in.
3. All rules applying to the forum apply to the chat as well and as such all members need to follow them and heed the word of the staff. The only rule we’re lenient on in chat, as this is a chat, would be text lingo. “LOL”, “LMAO” “BRB” and the like are perfectly acceptable.
4. With the edition of our guest-friendly status in chat, you must use your username. We understand it may be fun, for you, to try and use the guest color as a change of pace or to try and play a trick, but we need to know who is already registered on the site, and who is not. That said, though it's always been a rule, we cannot state this enough: USE YOUR FORUM USERNAME, for those who are registered on our site. Those found to be abusing the guest-friendly chat service we offer will be banned from chat; the length of time dependent on the repetition of warning.
5. With the new avatars we allow, you are asked to use either a .jpg or a .png. No .gifs. Also, do not change your images repeatedly and call attention to them when you change them due to boredom. They're there for personalization, not to cure boredom.
- - - -Support
1. Support is offered via the forums, PMs, and even email in regards to Administrators. If you see any staffer in chat, please don’t hesitate to reach out, or, if it’s the technical side, then feel free to grab Asteria or Eferhilda and we’ll help you out without hesitation.
2. Members are asked to refrain from demanding support from members of this site. All members of these boards give support of their own freewill and such rude behavior is not welcome and may result in a warning, depending on duration and offensive nature.
3. When it comes to name changes, every member gets their free one. Should you decide that you would like to change your username, you can contact any of the Administrators, and that change will be done for you. If you were to typo when you register, that’s the exception; you’d still be entitled to your one.
- - - -Spamming
1.Spam is not tolerated here under any circumstance. This includes, but is NOT limited to: offering hosting services (charged and free), installation services, solicitation, posting their same topic in repeated succession to keep it on the board's index, continual bumping (see "BUMPING" rule15 in Board Rules) etc. Users posting spam will be warned and their post removed.
2.Promoting one's own site or forum is not allowed on this site, except in designated areas. This includes self-promotion, advertising, and advertising related posts, notices for contests and show off posts and topics. Users may not promote their site through their posts, Such posts are considered spam and may lead to a warning.
3.Recruiting members for your own project (moderators, designers, professional work, etc) in posts and topics is not permitted on the forums and is considered spam, except where otherwise designated.
- - - -Signature-Specific Rules
1.Members are asked to keep signature images relatively small so as to keep from excessive scrolling to get past the sig to get to the posts themselves. Text sizes must not be larger than a font-size of 100%. Links in signatures are limited to seven (7) links. Linked sites may not be overly-commercial in nature, nor to another roleplay site as that is in direct violation of our advertisement rule.
Subtle self-promotion is allowed in signatures (posting links to current roleplays, for example). Since some people are not following my request about signatures in terms of text. The signatures now must be overall (which means both text and height) 700px in length and 250px in height. Should you wish for more, spoilers may be utilized.
2.ASignature content must adhere to normal board rules with respect to decency. Signatures may NOT contain any of the following: Obscenity, Racism, Sexual Explicit Content, Offensive/Illegal Content or anything deemed “not family friendly”. Offensive content will be removed and the user PMed or warned as necessary.
2.B.Signature content may be removed and/or signature permissions revoked if a user dismisses requests by staff to change or remove content.
3. Videos are not allowed in signatures as the extra data tends to stretch out the page. Only text, images of the proper size and links meeting the above standards may be used in signatures.
- - - -Avatar-Specific Rules
1.User-defined avatars may contain mild animation. Avatars must NOT contain an image which attempts to portray the user as having an official status on this site or forums (such a mimicking ranks or copying avatars of staff).
2.Avatars are subject to the same conditions as posts with respect to decency, and so forth. Avatars may NOT contain any of the following: Obscenity, Racism, Sexual Explicit Content, Offensive/Illegal Content or anything deemed “not family friendly”. Offensive content will be removed and the user PMed or warned as necessary.
3.Avatars may be removed and/or avatar permissions revoked if a user dismisses requests by staff to change or remove content.
- - - - Moderation
1.Backseat moderating is not allowed on these boards. If you notice an issue which may be against board policy, please use the “Report Post” feature located on every post and a Moderator will address the issue. Members who constantly act as moderators will be warned. The only type of Backseat Moderation that is allowed on the site is that the thread authors have the final word in what is allowed in their RPs (except, of course, Staff who out rule members, purely if what the thread author authorized is in violation of a board rule).
Members wishing to play in an author's RP must be willing to follow the rules and regulations that the author has put in place. If they do not wish to do this then the members are required to leave the RP. Should they insist on arguing with the author, then the author is advised to alert a staff member as to the situation so that it can all be handled.
2.Administrators may be required to read specific private messages in an investigation to verify a rule breach or illegal actions through the private message system, provided by the member doing the reporting.
3.Staff reserves the right to edit or remove any post at any time on these boards. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. as noted in these points is up to Staff discretion and not user’s. Moderators also reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates the board rules, as access to our forums are a privilege and not a right.
4.While these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently, we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
- - - -Warning & Ban Policy
1.If a member breaches a minor board rule, they will be issued an alert via Private Message by a staff member. This is not counted toward the official warning count of the member.
2. If the member continues to breach the SAME Forum Rule, an official Warning will be issued by a Moderator.
3. Arguing with team members after having received a warning will lead to an immediate additional warning. Should this exceed three warnings a suspension (temporary ban) will be put in place.
This does include polite reminders in chat. If you've been asked to stop something, you need to stop. You're being reminded for the courtesy of those in the chat. Once the topic is changed, leave the topic alone and move on. If you wish to further discuss, take it to PM with a staff member, but the chat is not the place.
4.Any attempt to circumvent a suspension (temporary ban) will lead to that ban being made permanent.
5.Members who feel they have been unfairly warned are encouraged to contact an Administrator.
6.Four warnings within ninety (30) days will constitute an immediate permanent ban, warnings will expire after ninety (30) days.
Note: This is only for official warnings that get logged in a user’s profile. Depending on the situation, temporary bans for up to a week can and will be issued.
- - - -
While these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. As such, we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
[[Edited and Formatted by "Asteria" on the 30th of September, 2014]]
"Any fool can write. It takes a genius to read"~Dadsky.
"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil