All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:34 pm 

Owner

Medals: 14
Villain of the Month (2) Original Character (1)
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

The room was quiet, save for the soft ticking of the antique clock that resided on the wall behind the Captain's desk, which was empty right now. The Captain had Veronica in the small seating area by the windows. The setting was more personal and Troy figured it would help for Veronica to open up to her, though it did not take a therapist to know that something was troubling the young woman. Then again just about everyone on the ship knew of what happened two days ago and if they didn't it was only a matter of time for such gossip to travel throughout the ship. The Eylandra might be the smallest ship in the fleet but with little else to do most days but gossip, news traveled fast.

Tea sat before each of them, untouched and beginning to cool as the captain allowed Veronica all of the time that she needed. Right now she was wringing her hands over and over again, her eyes locked on some unknown spot on the floor. Troy was in no hurry, her meeting with Azzy had confirmed that the ship was on its way to being back to its tip top best and they suffered only a few casualties. On a rare moment Troy had nothing really pressing to attend to, so she was content to just sit and wait for Veronica to speak up first.

“So much Death....” Veronica said in such a soft voice that Troy was not sure she had even heard anything at all in the first place.

Reaching for her tea Troy waited for Veronica to continue, not wanting to speak and break the silence between them, just in case it was her mind fashioning up Veronica speaking.

“How can anyone think to bring a baby into this world....” Veronica's eyes finally looking up to meet that of the Captain's, “when there is so much death and pain in the world?” tears brimming in her eyes were silently spilled as their eyes just held each others gaze.

Troy took the time retrieve her tea, plunging the bag in a few times as she gave herself time to think on how to best answer this question. Taking a deep breath and releasing it slowly she set the tea back down on the before her, without having ever taken a sip, and attempted to answer the question.

“Deciding to have a baby is not something that is ever easy to do, even in the times when things were somewhat better...” Troy began trying to not sound too preachy but always wanting to convey something that she hoped would be helpful. “A baby, conceived under any circumstances, is a blessing and a gift. When we were all fertile and multiplying like rabbits that knowledge was lost, babies and children were not treasured and nurtured as they should have been. Now that its so hard to have a baby that many never hope of it ever happening...” her voice trailed off for a bit, her eyes unfocussed as she thought back on a memory. “Do you want to keep the baby or do you want to lose it?” she asked suddenly her eyes focusing on Veronica.

Veronica bulked a bit as if the Captain had reading mind, her eyes breaking away in shame to stare out the window, “I...I don't know...” she admitted.

Troy sighed, “My sister is expecting...” she said softly. “Twins....little boys...” she shared as she retrieved her lukewarm tea. Stirring it slowly the silence being punctuated by the soft tinking every time the metal spoon collided with the porcelain mug. The caricature of a cartoon space ship, lovingly embossed on the front of the mug aided in lessening the gravity of the overall situation. “I'm scared for her, for them....” taking a sip of the tea she frowns slightly at the bitter taste now that it had cooled. “Even though I know that the world we live in is not perfect I am not willing to deny them that chance. The chance to live and grow up. To be whoever it is that fate wishes them to be. Instead I am going to work, I am going to work everyday and do whatever it is that I have to do in order to make this world safe for them” the mug was suddenly set down with some force, causing some of the muted green liquid to slush out onto the table. “I am going to find them a home, a clean home, where they can grow up healthy and strong. I will do whatever it takes to make sure that they have the best future, because they deserve that” she reached out suddenly and took Veronica's hand into her own, “I will do the same for your baby and every other baby, even those yet to be born. But you have to want it to....you have to want that baby to live and want for it to grow up. Do you want that? Do you want the baby?”

Veronica stared into the determined eyes of the captain, her captain, a woman whom she knew went above and beyond the call of duty everyday because she cared that much about her ship and crew. More then once she would launch into space herself to assist in combat, no matter how much that stressed the second in command, so that the ship could have the time prepare its engines for a jump. If there was anyone that she looked up to it would be the Captain. Still the question hung in the air unanswered, Did she want the baby?

Thinking for a moment as she held the hand of her captain, drawing emotional support she tried to think about if she could actually get rid of the baby. Even knowing about how the world was, knowing what she had done?

Again the ticking of the clock filled the room before finally, “Yes...” her voice barely above a whisper, then, “Yes” with more force and conviction in her voice. “I want this baby. I want to hold it, I want Jared to hold it and I want to watch it grow...” tears of joy and relief flowing freely down her face now, feeling as if a bit of the weight on her chest was lifted and she could breath easier.

Breaking whatever protocol there may have been Troy pulled Veronica into a hug, which the young navigation officer gratefully returned.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Angela looked between the two though she did not make any comments on the matter, her own past love life was as complicated as it could get. After settling the air between Dren and herself she would rather not think about Jon. He was in her past and the likelihood of them ever seeing one another again was small. Life expectancy of a pilot was never very high and given the amount of attention they had been getting lately from the Children, it had surely dropped even more.

“I don't see why being a pilot means so much to you? You can do anything else with all of your skills and talents...”

It had been the same argument over and over again between the two of them. Ever since that one battle where she nearly died he had been so adamant about her retiring. Speaking of the future he hoped to make with her....

Rousing her mind from the troubling past she smiled at Dren, “Come on, lets go and do something fun”, the mischievous look on her face should have perhaps worried him. After all the last time they did something “fun” they had ended up naked and panting on the holodeck.

Well that was not too far from the truth...

“The idea is to hit the ball back against the wall before it bounces twice...” Angela explains to Dren again as they stood on the holodeck. Dressed for some exercise, they were both in a pair of shorts, t-shirts, goggles and rackets in hand. “Its called racket ball. We score a point when they other allows the ball to double bounce. Ready?”

When he signaled he was ready she moved to stand behind in him, near the corner of the court. Tossing up the ball she smacked it hard for a serve, beginning the game.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“We will not take hostile actions unless provoked first, however, our alignment to your vessel cannot be determined at this time due to lack of information. We're new to the area." Rega said, "This is the Nekan Science vessel, Mauna Kea."

Michael frowned and those who saw swallowed hard in fear, Michael frowning was never a good idea.

“Raise shields to full power, charge and ready all weapons. I want a tractor lock on them and the engines ready to follow them wherever they may go. Send out a message on our secured sub frequency and call in support from as many battle ships as we have” staring with intent at the alien ship on the screen.

“I want that ship”

The crew began to fly into action and soon the Rapture had adjusted its course and was heading on a path of interception with the alien vessel. The moment they were in range they would begin to fire, seeking to disable and capture the ship if possible.

"Any fool can write. It takes a genius to read"~Dadsky.
"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:11 am 

Perusing the site to jump back in...

Medals: 5
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)

Angela's idea of fun was an odd concept to Dren. He stood in the racketball court, staring down at the hard wood floors, realizing that Angela was wearing a sort of rubber soled shoe that provided better traction, while his wide feet could only accommodate his custom fitted sandals, or space suit boots. The short pants were comfortable and the 't-shirt' hung loosely around his shoulders, allowing alot better movement than he expected.

He understood the basic rules and all, but the weapon in his hand was oddly shaped. Perhaps it was more of a tool than a weapon. When Angela threw a small rubber ball in the air and hit it, the purpose of the tool became clear and things fell into place. The ball flew over his shoulder and hit the wall between two horizontal lines, bounced back then hit the floor to Dren's left. When it came back up, Dren swung his racket and hit it square in the middle of the ball, with the flat, metal edge of his racket, a sheer impossibility to return decently, but it flew back to bounce off the wall between the lines again, this time heading in Angela's direction.

This time, he watched more closely at how she hit the ball and thought himself silly to try and hit the ball with the narrow side of the racket, while the shape clearly indicated that the purpose of the widened surface area was to better return the ball. This time, he hit the ball without letting it bounce at all, but with the added force and accuracy, not to mention his proximity to the wall, made the ball rocket forward, then quickly change direction straight back towards his face. The ball caught him on the forehead and he fell backwards onto his back. This was why they wore the eye protection! It made sense now!

Yet his head rang from the impact. He groaned and forced himself to sit up, "Point for you, I think?" but the ringing didn't go away. It took him a moment to realize that it was an alarm...

-----------------------------------------

Rega stared at the ship as it loomed closer, the walls of the hyperspace tunnel zipping by. She glanced over to Jon, who was asleep in the commander's chair and thought about waking him, yet the sound of alarms seemed to do that for her.

"<Vessel is powering shields and weapons, Captain.>" Kit's voice snapped over the speakers.

"<Raise ours!>" she barked, "<I guess they aren't friendly after all. I picked the wrong signal to follow.>"

"<Shields are up.>" Kit reported, "<Orders, Captain?>"

"<This ship has too much valuable equipment, Kit. We can't let it fall into the wrong hands or be destroyed.>" she said, "<But if it comes down to it, I would rather destroy the ship than let a new threat have the means to reach Nekan space.>"

"<Orders, Captain?>" he repeated, "<They are on an intercept course.>"

"<Exit Hyperspace.>" she said. The corridor vanished and they entered normal space, hoping that their sudden stop would make the other ship fly on ahead, "<Quickly change course and go in a different direction, then enter Hyperspace again. They will have to exit Hyperspace and re-enter as well. Let's just hope these people won't be able to be as agile as us.>"

"<Acknowledged.>" Kit said. Again the ship lurched and shot off again towards a new heading. Rega hoped the ship they encountered had fallen behind.

"<Captain, I detected several signals broadcast by the enemy ship.>" he said, "<Sent through subspace.>"

"<Probably calling for reinforcements.>" she muttered.

"<Detecting another signal on the perimeter of our scanners. This one seems to be stationary.>" Kit said.

"<Is it their reinforcements?>" she asked, her heart catching in her throat.

"<I am unsure unless we exit Hyperspace within the range of our short range sensors.>" he explained, "<Because they are not moving, we can catch up to them rather quickly.>"

"<So they could be more of the Children Faction, or the people belonging to Jon here.>" she mused aloud. Not alot of options. The Children's ship wasn't on their sensors yet, but they left a clear trail for them to follow. Nothing she could think of would erase their trail, so she could either avoid this new ship and hope to lose them both, or take a chance and stop to see if it is really the 'good guys'. There was a high chance since it was the only other ship in the area of the wreckage they found earlier, but her instincts pushed her towards stopping.

"<I don't want to scare them, but this is an emergency.> she said, "<Exit Hyperspace off their bow and come to a full stop. Keep shields up but no weapons. I made the shields thick on this so if they are an enemy, we should have time to fight back.>" For once, Kit's logic subroutines made him speak up.

"<Are you sure, Captain?>" he asked.

"<Affirmative.>" she said sternly, "<Ready hailing frequencies and transmit audio only in their language as soon as we exit.>"

"<Yes, Captain.>" Kit replied, "<Exiting Hyperspace in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...>"

The shining walls of Hyperspace vanished and the ship lurched to a halt, nearly throwing Rega from her chair, if her claws weren't already embedded in the leather. The ship before them was dangerously close and she felt sorry for some poor navigation officer aboard her as she suddenly appeared. After this was all over, she promised herself she would apologize and offer the officer a clean pair of pants, perhaps.

"<No Children of the Dying Son Markings detected on the hull.>" Kit said quickly, "<Hailing frequencies open.>"

"This is the Mauna Kea. We need your assistance. We are being pursued by a hostile faction known as "The Children of the Dying Son." We require assistance and apologize for our sudden appearance." Rega said, then added, "Also I am sorry for possibly leading them here. We should both go as soon as possible if you are able or assist in our defense." Rega looked at the sensor data and noticed a slight trace of Ether inside the ship, from the look of it, behind a large door. A cargo bay perhaps? She tried to keep her emotions in check because Dren might not be aboard just from this. His mech might have been taken from him, or maybe he traded his generator for something. Too many unknown variables.

"I repeat, this is the Nekan Space Force vessel Mauna Kea. Captain Rega Ganor speaking. The Children are coming!"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:14 pm 

Owner

“Fuck!” Troy swore the ship was, once again, blaring with alarms. “Can we not get a ****ing break!” the anger and bitterness in her voice evident enough to silence the bridge crew. Sighing and massaging her temples, Troy took a moment to collect herself. “Alright. We know Nekan thanks to our alien friend, but I wish that for once people would stop bringing trouble to our front door” After a final deep breath to compose herself she focused on the task at hand, raising her head and opening her eyes the look of calm determination is a familiar one that put her crew at ease.

“Full alert! I want all non combative crew to be placed into the inner hulls of the ship! Divert all power from the empty decks to the shields and the engines! We are going to have to fight again while our engines are powered up and hope to God we can get a good enough jump in to get us the hell out of here!”

In a flurry the crew rushed to work, even with the extra power the shields were only going to be at 80%. Needless to say many were not too hopeful of being able to make it out of this alive, but they knew that they had to try.

“Veronica...” Troy speaks directly to her, using her first name and waiting till she had her full attention.

“Yes, Captain?” Veronica answered, her stomach a nervous rush of butterflies at being so personally addressed in front of the rest of the crew.

“I need you to make this ship dance. You understand me?”

Veronica smiled and nodded, “I am a leaf on the wind, Captain” she replied with confidence as she turned back to her station her fingers flying over the controls as she prepared to move this ship with all of the skill that she had. A hand resting on her stomach she rubbed it slightly, “I am not going to let you down,” she whispered softly to her unborn child, before her focus was back on the battle at hand.

“All Pilots! To the hangers! We are going to be flying somewhat oldschool but I know you guys can handle it!” Captain Troy continued to give orders to her crew before finally addressing the Nekan ship.

“This is Captain Meredith Troy of the United Mankind Forces. I wish this was under better circumstances that we were to be meeting, I do hope you forgive me when I say, go **** yourself for bringing this down on my crew!” the bitterness in her voice there was genuine and many of the crew kind of snickered at how vulgar she was with the alien ship. “Alright. Now, that the pleasantries are out of the way and I have gotten that off my chest. We are going to need time before our engines are ready to jump. I hope you can help buy us that time...”

--------------------
Meanwhile down in the hanger Angela was suiting up, “Hurry up, Dren!” pulling on the helmet she climbed up the body of the rather outdated but still functional mech. “Lt. Jones beginning flight preparations” she said over her com to the flight crew as she made herself at home in the cockpit and began to power the mech on.

*I can only just connect to the mech, Angela* Krato informs her, *If you thought flying Jared's mech was a pain.... * he huffed which made Angela smile.

“I have faith in you and your skills. Just watch my back and I will do the rest” she informed him as the systems for the outdated mech began the slow process of powering up.

----------------
“ETA on enemy ships?” Captain Troy asked.

“Less than 5 minutes. It is hard to tell exactly but we are sensing several ships as if they are all converging on this one part, Ma'am.” came the officer at the sensors.

Troy sighed but held her tongue as she focused on the currently blank screen, “The moment they are in range I want a visual” she said after a moment.

“Yes, Ma'am”

-------------------------------
Michael sat on the bridge of his ship a brilliant smile on his face, “Filthy alien abominations, thinking that they are better than me. Better than my ship....” he scoffs, the smile on his face merely deepening as he stared intently at his screen.

“Sir, we are getting reading of another ship,” came one of the officers.

“What's the signature?” he asked, eerily in a good mood.

“It is known. It is the Elyandra, Sir”

“Perfect,” the cold and yet pleased tone of Michael’s voice had several of the crewmen swallowing back the lump of fear that had found its way into their throats suddenly. “I want all pilots to launch the moment we exit hyperspace. I want a straight course to be made for that ship, shields at maximum and weapons free” he chuckled, “They are not going to escape me this time”

----------------------------

“5...4...3...2...1” Angela gripped the controls tightly as she is launched into the vastness of space, the rush getting her heart pumping as it always did. “Alright....time to make a stand” she said to Krato as they positioned themselves and waited. Unfortunately or fortunately, their wait was not long before the crackle of power and the shimmering of space itself became apparent as a large war ship appeared.

“For the future!” Angela cried out before gunning her engines to meet the enemy head on, prepared to do whatever she had to in order to give the ship enough time to escape.

"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:15 pm 

"<Response from unidentified ship.>" Kit responded after a nervous silence after Rega ended her transmission. She was hoping for a friendly response, but it wasn't quite what she expected.

“This is Captain Meredith Troy of the United Mankind Forces. I wish this was under better circumstances that we were to be meeting, I do hope you forgive me when I say, go **** yourself for bringing this down on my crew!” the bitterness in her voice there was genuine and many of the crew kind of snickered at how vulgar she was with the alien ship. “Alright. Now, that the pleasantries are out of the way and I have gotten that off my chest. We are going to need time before our engines are ready to jump. I hope you can help buy us that time...”

"At your service!" Rega chirped with an uncertain smile, forgetting for a moment that the transmission was audio only. The ship she was looking at sprang to life, it's engines lighting up and cargo bay doors opened to eject a robotic mech, akin to the six paladin class mech's in her own cargo bay.

"<Kit, we have no choice. We ended up dragging these people into our problem. By the sounds of it, they're worse off than we are. Can you confirm?>" she asked.

"<Confirmed. Friendly ship is running on diminished power for its equipped systems. Shields seem to be almost seventy percent, armor effectiveness approximately sixty three percent. Hull integrity at eighty nine percent. They are heavily damaged, Rega, however, they are holding together. We should not have come here with enemies in pursuit.>" Kit advised.

"<Battlestations. Shields to full. Energize armor plating.>" she commanded. Alarms went off and the lighting on the bridge turned orange. She ignored the sleeping human beside her for the moment. She was focused, "<Put the ship between where they should exit hyperspace and their ship. Our shields are the best Nekan technology has to offer. We need to cover them until they can jump.>"

"<Acknowledged.>" Kit replied, "Captain, I thought you would like to know. There is an ether signature detected leaving Miss Meredith's ship. It is the Paladin. Nekan life form detected on board....>"

---------------------------------------------------

“Hurry up, Dren!”

Angela had beat him to the hangar and was already in her flight suit by the time he had opened his locker. She called to him before closing the cockpit of an older model mech, Dren now cursing his decision to stop working on the Stalking Cat, still unable to fight. Once again clad in his metal flight suit, he quickly ran into his Paladin cockpit. It quickly started and Yuri appeared on the console projector.

"Dren Fallon ready for launch." he said over Comms. Below a crewman waved him to the launch platform after Angela had already launched. Once he received a green light, he launched out into open space to meet up with Angela as the Children's ships began to arrive. to his right, a massive hulk of a ship drifted ominously between the oncoming fleet and the Elyandra.

"<That design looks familiar.>" he said, "<Is that a Mankind ship?>"

"<No.>" Yuri said a broad smile spreading across her virtual face, "<I'm getting bombarded with a rapid, repeating hail request with NSF security codes. It's a Nekan ship that's extremely happy to see us.>"

"<N-Nekan!? Here?>" he stammered. He froze for a moment, his heart in his throat but incoming fire from the Children's ships snapped him out of it. He watched the shots harmlessly splash into the broad back of the Nekan ship the shields shimmering for a moment but holding strong.

"<Paladin, this is the Mauna Kea. Captain Rega Ganor speaking. Dren, is that you?>" her face appeared in a small window on his hud. He hit a button and connected the two way video communication, but she was met with the blank stare of his combat helmet.

"<Rega! What are you doing here?!>" he exclaimed, leaning forward. His helmet bobbed as he spoke.

"<I came to find you! I came to prove my theories right! I came for science!>" She exclaimed, her finger raised in the air, "<But regardless of why I came, right now the most important thing is to protect that ship you came from. Did that prototype have a drone interface installed?>"

"<Yes.>" Yuri replied for him. Her face softened on the screen.

"<Yuri. It's nice to see you again too.>" she said, smiling.

"<Likewise, Rega. But what about the drones?>"

"<I'm sending you the frequencies of the production Advanced Dual Mode Stryker's in my cargo hold. They can be operated remotely. I'm sending you the remote for them.>"

"<We can do that.>" Yuri said. Dren watched as a cargo door opened and six Paladins shot out into space, quickly falling into formation beside his own. These were painted in red stripes, while his was blue.

Once he was ready, a large warship appeared before them and Angela sped off into battle. Gripping his controls tightly he followed close behind, the red Paladins keeping formation beside him.

"<Don't worry Dren, I have you covered.>" Rega said hitting a button on her chair. The large energy turrets at the bow of the Mauna Kea quickly charged and shot forth a ray of purple energy which collided with the battleship's shields. Dren watched his sensors and a smile formed on his face as he saw the amount of damage it caused. Pushing forward, he sped off behind Angela into the fray.

-----------------------------------

"<It's him! It's actually him! I've found him already!>" Rega swooned. Communications had just disconnected when she nearly jumped for joy and in her fit of glee, she began pacing the bridge, "<Oh, but first thing's first. That ship. We need to help it. Yes. Yes. What can we do.....Oh I know! Lets get the ship really close to theirs and extend our shields around it...>"

"<Their ship is too big.>" Kit replied.

"<Well how can we reinforce their shields?>" she responded, "<Energy transfer?>"

"<We can try, but I am unsure if our energy systems are compatible.>" Kit said, "<Stand by. Requesting connection permission from the Elyandra for download of energy schematics.....Request denied.....Retrying with passcodes obtained from Mankind escape pod....Access granted....Downloading and analyzing....Configuring transmission array for transfer of energy......Transfer in progress....>"

Rega watched a reading on the arm of her chair as the ship's main capacitor discharged a bit, but then the main reactor recharged it quickly. The transfer of power was smooth and steady but barely caused any strain on the Mauna Kea due to the Ether Generators recharge rate. Hopefully this would help the Elyandra get away quickly...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:43 pm 
Savior

Medals: 4
Veteran Member (1) Supporter (3)

Jared hustled out to the hangar, flight suit on and helmet in hand, running for the mech that was being set up for him. “I thought we melted these things down for scrap ages ago!” He commented at seeing the nearly forgotten design, a part of him idly wondering how many layers of dust the flight crews had to clear away from the things in the prep time they had. Whatever the case, they were functional and would be carrying them into battle and with luck is normal piloting skills had not gone rusty.

Waiting for the thing to boot up was agonizing; both due to the delay and the fact he was not connected so he had no clue where in the boot up it even was. “I swear I’m going to kill her for messing up my Orion...” He grumbles to himself though also knowing it was an empty or mostly empty threat. By the time it was finally done booting up and he was positioned on the launch platform, Jared was practically jumping out of his skin with impatience to get this over with. “Bowman, ready to launch,” He announced as he was locked in place. He watched as the lights began switching to green until finally all indicated he was good and given permission to launch. “Launching!” and with little else he gunned the controls, sending him careening into the speckled darkness of space.

He immediately joined the others in their formation and defensive positions of the ship. “So… anybody else worried about these things suddenly going blue screen on us?” Jared joked trying to lighten the mood slightly. Despite the joke, he was all serious and had every weapon system on the hunk of junk armed. His eyes blazing yellow but not lost in some predatory haze, completely focused and determined. He did not hesitate a moment when the Children ship appeared, gunning the engines and firing weapons. He was going to hit them before they even had a chance to react, put the fear of the devil back in those bastards.

It was another battle… Another fight… He was not going to lose it this time though, he couldn’t with what was at stake. He had a future. Not just the constant droll of combat and death that prevented any semblance of a normal life, but something more. He had a wife (well soon to be wife) and in nine months they would be parents. Whether they found a new home planet by that time or not did not matter. He had to be alive for them. He had a reason to keep fighting… a reason to continue to live.

Jon practically leapt out of his seat when the alarms started sounding, his head snapping around in confusion for a moment before he remembered where he was and slowly returned to his seat. As his eyes found their way back to the main monitor, Jon could only groan and pinch the bridge of his nose. “I see you’ve met the Children of the Dying Son,” He grumbles as Rega turns the ship around and flees.

The flight from the Children was… infuriating to say the least. Rega and her AI continued to speak in their native tongue which meant that Jon was left completely clueless as to what was going on other than they were fleeing the Children. Even more frustrating was the fact that everything on the blasted ship was written or displayed in Nekan, so the most he could do was sit there as he had no clue what anything was. Eventually he just buried his face in his hands in frustration and of course right when he was going to say something they switch back to English briefly.

"This is the Mauna Kea. We need your assistance. We are being pursued by a hostile faction known as "The Children of the Dying Son." We require assistance and apologize for our sudden appearance." Rega said, then added, "Also I am sorry for possibly leading them here. We should both go as soon as possible if you are able or assist in our defense… I repeat, this is the Nekan Space Force vessel Mauna Kea. Captain Rega Ganor speaking. The Children are coming!"

Jon’s head snapped back up at the sound of the familiar voice and beheld the sight of the Elyandra on the screen. His long lost home now floating there before his eyes again… though anger bubbled up in him at the sight of the damage she had suffered. How long had she been like that? When did she get attack?... Was She all right?

"At your service!" Rega chirped with an uncertain smile, forgetting for a moment that the transmission was audio only.

And just like that: Rega and her AI went back to talking in their native tongue leaving Jon in the dark about close to everything… Then she was talking with some others that Jon had no clue where they were or what they were talking about. After she had practically danced around the bridge, Jon had had enough. “Excuse me!” Jon’s frustrated voice finally erupted out from his long silence, “but I can’t understand a word you are saying! That is my ship out there and I don’t have any idea what the hell you are planning or what anything on here does!” After his little outburst, Jon takes a deep breathe to calm down before speaking again. “Sorry it’s just very frustrating not being able to do anything,” Plus you’re dancing around after talking to your boyfriend or whatever before battle didn’t help things, “So could I be clued in a bit here as the only thing I can figure on help the Elyandra is using your AI’s processing power to help speed up the jump computer’s plotting or trying to jam the Children’s sensors to they effectively would be firing blind.”

I am the darkness that surrounds me, I am the air that surrounds me, I am the land that hides me, I wait to strike, From the darkness, I wait to kill, From out of thin air, I am invisible, And I am silent death. Prayer of Invisibility from The Imperial Infantryman's Uplifting Primer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:38 am 

Medals: 2
Animal Companion (1) 1st Year (1)

"Coming in at full speed. Multiple targets online. The ship Elyandra and her crew, A CDS battleship, and an unidentified ship." The metallic voice rang in his head while marking each blip on the battle grid displayed across his helmets visor, a different color for each faction the various ships and mechs represented red for CDS, green for Elyandra, and grey for the unidentified ship. The display on his helmet came and went as he needed showing him ship and pilot vitals or any other information he wanted as he thought about it or when his AI thought he needed to know. His ship was twenty meters colored black with red trimming the edge around his ship's wings up close to the cockpit and the guns mounted on the back above the engines.

"Focus all resources on the CDS bastards whether the unidentified ship is friendly or not we will at least wipe out these CDS scum." All he heard was a small ding as the Children of the Dying Son ship started growing brighter on his grid. More lights began to come out onto the grid as the CDS mechs were deployed. Perfect more scum for him to destroy and salvage. His suspicions of the mysterious ship was soon put on the back burner when it shot a purple beam at the CDS battleship. One less thing to look out for in this battle he mused to himself.

"Same drill as always J mark any defeated mech for pick up later." His ship tore through space heading towards the battlefield aimed right at two of the enemy mechs that had grouped too close together for their own good.
"Estimated time of impact is 10 seconds."

He turned on the headlights knowing that it would distract them and draw their attention for a small while opening up their defenses for his attack.

"9, 8, 7, 6, 5."

A smile broke his lips as the two mechs turned his way just as he killed the lights and hit the switch to change his ship into a mech. In what seemed like the blink of an eye his shipped had changed from a rather odd looking twenty meter ship into a twenty meter humanoid mech holding a great sword. the momentum he had gained from coming in at full speed in ship mode shot him right past the two mechs as he swung his sword at them. The 450 km/h speed he had gathered helped his sword cleave cleanly through the mechs cutting them in half. He smiled as two of the red dots turned yellow, looks like he had something to come back for. He directed his speed so his mech would slow down as he aimed his mech for the Elyandra. Pulling his great sword in half and putting one of the half swords into its sheathe on the back of his mech he slowed his mech to a stop near the ship keeping an eye on the enemy mechs.

"J open a communication line with the Eylandra."

"Working on it now."

"Ship Eylandra good to see you are still up and running. My name is Radulf Masters from the UFH I was sent to bring you supplies. Though seems like I arrived just in time for the fun." Radulf's grin was hidden behind his helmet as he analyzed the battlefield preparing to attack again.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:50 pm 

"AI, open the main cargo hatch." Reaching above his helmeted head, Isaac flicked switches with a practiced ease that made looking at what he was doing unnecessary. As one hand worked above, the other made itself busy strapping into the harness that would hopefully prevent him from bouncing about the cockpit like a pinball.

"Beginning pressure equali-"

"No time. Open the main cargo hatch."

"Ensign, the cargo container is currently outside of the enemy sensor range, it is unnecessary to risk losing equipment from explosive decompress-"

"Everything in here is bolted down, and the Elyandra is a sitting duck. Blow the goddamn hatch, that's an order!"

Safe inside of the cockpit of his machine, Isaac heard the sound of the air within the cargo pod rush out into the void, sounding like a tempest even through his helmet before it all went quiet. Arms and legs gliding into the control gauntlets and leg braces, the Halberd slowly sat up, the HUD screen before him flickering from screens of diagnostic data to a live feed of the outside. At the same time, the green visor flickered alight, as if the mech was opening its eyes. "Set Input Sensitivity Ratio to 3.5, and patch into friendly communications." The free arm of the Halberd reached out and gently pushed the mech out of the cargo pod before gunning the throttle. Taking in the scene, Isaac's eyes quickly darted from the Children's ship to the Elyandra on his sensors... then to the signature of one the likes of which he had never seen.

"We in visual range?" Sweeping the HUD projecting the view of the outside, all he could make out at the moment was stars, despite all of the hits lighting up his radar.

"Negative... at this speed, visual contact will be made in one minute, seventeen seconds."

As the cockpit fell quiet, Isaac found himself replaying the countless simulator missions in his mind's eye. Maneuvers, tactics, strengths and weaknesses of enemy mechs, everything he had absorbed in the past few months of his training. He had been on patrols before, sentry duty and the like, but this unexpected development would be his first time in actual front line combat... And from the looks of it, against a far more superior force. Isaac could hardly tell of his heart beating in his throat was out of anxiety, or just plain excitement!

"Now within visual range, Ensign."

Squinting his eyes, the HUD followed his eyes and zoomed in on the ships he was now approaching at nearly top speed. There was the Elyandra, whom seemed like she had seen better days, and there was the Children, rapidly bearing down on her and... The unidentified ship. "What the hell is that?!"

"Scanning... Unknown. Ship does not meet any make or model in the UHF database. There is a large transfer of energy in progress between the unidentified craft and the Elyandra in place. The Elyandra is badly damaged. Energy from the unidentified craft appears to be bolstering the Elyandra's systems."

"Mark the unidentified craft and its assets as friendly. Let's not kill the good Samaritans."

"Affirmative. Units marked. Incoming hostiles." The AI pulling the HUD out of zoom and panning to a cluster of fast-approaching specks, arms and legs rapidly starting to sprout from their forms as they came into focus.

"Set the GAU-9's rate of fire to level 1 and activate the Sensor-Assisted Targeting System. Arm the AVMs. Countermeasures will be launched via mental cue."

"Affirmative."

Isaac waited impatiently as the cross-hairs traced across the HUD, the Halberd's sensors aiming the massive Gatling gun bolted to its right arm, the left hand gripping a handle fixed above the barrel assembly for stabilization. As an eternity seemed to pass for a lock to be established, Isaac veered hard to the right, evading the hail of rounds now sailing at him from the trio of Children's mechs closing on him. Dancing through the void, the cross-hairs on his HUD finally merged, lighting up in that lovely shade of green announcing a successful lock-on. A manic grin pulling at his lips, Isaac flexed his index finger. The Halberd copying his movements exactly, it pulled the trigger on the massive weapon in its clutches. The deafening roar of the Gatling cannon might have been lost in the vacuum, but there was no questioning the power of the weapon. The entire cockpit shook as burning white tracers belched from the weapon. Without any air or gravity to slow them down, the rounds the size of a small child's forearm would hit just as hard at any distance as they would if Isaac shoved the muzzle down the enemy's throat. This was demonstrated to lethal effect as the tungsten-tipped depleted uranium rounds slammed into the Children mech in the center of the formation. The first to the shoulder, the next to the hip, before the rest of the burst tore the cockpit asunder and struck the reactor.

Isaac had to resist the urge to continue firing into the dead hulk as it exploded, finding himself still unsatisfied with the how quickly the pilot's death must have been. As he watched the pieces of mangled plasma-sheathed metal pelt the remaining Children mechs breaking formation, it finally dawned on him that he had just taken a human life. He had killed, but the only feeling that seemed to come to mind was disappointment at how the pilot had not suffered enough to his liking. What was happening? What was wrong with him? The memory of the last moments of his family gave him the answer: Absolutely nothing. The Children of the Dying Son were NOT Human... They were animals, vermin, a plague to be purged... A plague he would personally cure Humanity of.

"AI... Make sure the Elyandra and its pilots know we're out here... Let's see if I can't become an Ace before formally introducing myself to the Captain..."

"Affirmative, Ensign."

With that, the Halberd surged forth into the void, chasing after one of the remaining Children mechs like a hawk diving upon a hare.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:45 am 

Owner

“Weapons free! Weapons free!”

There was something to be said about the chaos of combat. It was in these moments that one was truly tested. When courage, faith and loyalty were truly tested. When it came down to it, in the moment of life or death that one would know their destiny, would know what they were meant for.

“On our right! Our right!”

Blood. Pain. Chaos.

“Shit! ****! No no!”

Love. Hate.

“On your six! On your six!”

This was what made up a battle. This is what made up life and the desire to preserve or destroy it.

“AAHHHHH!!!” Angela screamed as her mech went tumbling through space from an explosion.

*Angela! You ok?* Krato's panicked voice reached out through the ringing in her ears.

“Yeah....yeah....” the pain in her side ignored, while she checked the mech. “Systems?”

*Functional*

“Weapons?”

*Operational*

“What of the ships? How many do we have out there?” she coughed, the spittle of blood ignored.

*Enemy ships now number in half a dozen....each of them still have combined, over 3 dozen enemy mechs. The aliens are boosting our shields....but the Captain needs another 5 minutes until the engines are even ready to attempt a jump.... *

Another cough and the world was a bit hazy now, “Alright. Then let's help them get that 5 mins,” she managed to get out while she got the old mech back into gear. Engines hot, gun blazing she once again went back into the fray.

--------------------------------------

“Veronica! Keep this **** moving! Let our alien friends they need to dance our dance or get the hell off the dancefloor!”

The voice of their Captain warmed and encouraged a many a crew, just by her words and the playful banter. Even if they were surely screwed, at least their Captain was there with them and doing whatever she could to make them feel safe.

“Aye! Aye!” Veronica replied as she sent over the Captain's message verbatim, then focused on keeping the ship moving. If they were hard to hit, they would last longer. There was only a few more minutes that they needed to get through this. If they could last just a bit longer.....just a few more minutes....

"Captain, message from friendly vessel."

"Patch it through."

"Ship Eylandra good to see you are still up and running. My name is Radulf Masters from the UFH I was sent to bring you supplies. Though seems like I arrived just in time for the fun." Radulf's grin was hidden behind his helmet as he analyzed the battlefield preparing to attack again.

"Good to hear from you, Masters. You have shown up at an...interesting time. We are preparing to jump in five minutes. You need to make it to our ship before then, or I fear you will be left behind. Our pilots are out there giving them hell, do your best to get through the chaos we will send you the security codes to allow you to enter our docking bay. Eylandra over and out," Troy signaled for the link to be ended and focused back on the combat at hand.

“Shit....” someone swore in a whispers that cut through all the noise and chaos.

“What?” Troy snapped.

“The Rapture....they have changed their course....”
-------------------------------------------------------------

“Ram them,” Michael said without hesitation. “I want that ship brought down at all costs. Ram it! We will take out those human heathens and the aliens all in one swoop. The war would be won and we would be heroes! Rewarded with an blessed afterlife in the light of our heavenly father! This is our time! This is our destiny!”

Though a cheer went up, Michael would never know he was the only one who truly felt that way. The rest of the crew were far too scared to speak out of turn and just figured that at least with death they would be free of him. It was better than dealing with him for much longer. God would save them and protect them.

They had their Faith.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:54 am 

Rega finally sat down, if only on the edge of the captain's chair on the bridge. She jumped slightly when Jon spoke.

“Excuse me!” Jon’s frustrated voice finally erupted out from his long silence, “but I can’t understand a word you are saying! That is my ship out there and I don’t have any idea what the hell you are planning or what anything on here does!” After his little outburst, Jon takes a deep breathe to calm down before speaking again. “Sorry it’s just very frustrating not being able to do anything. So could I be clued in a bit here as the only thing I can figure on help the Elyandra is using your AI’s processing power to help speed up the jump computer’s plotting or trying to jam the Children’s sensors to they effectively would be firing blind.”

Rega's face lit up even more. "One or the other? Kit, can't you do both?"

"Affirmitive." he replied sharply.

"Do it."

"Computer link established with the Elyandra. Allocating processor banks 102 to 150 for jump drive calculations." Kit stated, "Phase two: deploying ECM array. Targeting enemy ship. Target jamming initiated."

Before Rega could open her mouth, there was another alarm, "Warning! Enemy ship has engaged in collision course with the Elyandra. Estimated damage would be terminal."

"What? They're ramming them?" Rega exclaimed. "Can't we.."

"It would be unwise to try and block the ship. Doing so would result in the destruction of the Mauna Kea and the destruction of the ether generators on board would cause significant damage to subspace in the area, preventing any faster than light travel for quite some time."

"I have an idea." Dren said. She had forgotten the channel was still open and his motionless helmet finally moved in the small window in the corner of the view screen as he listened intently. The view changed to the group of Paladins darting around in space while they danced together and destroyed various targets. They then converged and shot toward the enemy ship.

"I need your ship to shoot everything you have to drop their shields and kill their engines." Dren said. Rega jumped from her seat and ran to the con to start targeting, but her frustration with the system began to show after a few seconds. She slammed a fist into the smooth glass surface then snapped her fingers with an idea.

"Kit, interface with the Elyandra, copy their weapon control console layout profile and program this console with the same interface, connecting it to our own weapons systems." There was a lengthy pause as the terminal went blank, then reappeared written in English and configured strangely.

"Jon, let's see if you can shoot." she said, gesturing for him to take the controls.

--------------------------------

Dren sped through space, dodging shots and burning mechs and shot towards the bow of the ship. Perfectly timed, there was a shot from all cannons from the Mauna Kea that hit one spot on the shields, penetrating and piercing the armor of the enemy ship. The hole in the shields let the small squad of Paladins through, and he landed the mechs on the hull.

Guns quickly pivoted and pointed at him on the hull but quick firing jets moved out of the way of the massive shot and they closed in, taking out the turrets along the hull that were a threat.

"<Dren, what are you going to do?>" Yuri finally asked. Tapping a few controls, the other remote Paladins took up positions all around the bow of the ship, spread equally apart forming a ring around the bow.

"<Yuri, activate the ether generators of all squad members and expand hyperspace bubble as far as it will reach around this section of the ship.

"<It will never reach to cover the whole ship! Are you trying to jump this ship away from the Elyandra or something?!>"

"<No, just the front half...>" he replied casually. There was a pause and a devious grin formed on Yuri's holographic face.

"<This is evil. I almost pity these people.>" she replied.

"<I know it's bad to kill so many, but this is a war.>" he said. He looked up and the Paladin's head turned to see the ever nearing Elyandra as it grew bigger as they neared.

"Mauna Kea, get those shields down and engines stopped!" he said, "We're running out of time!"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:56 am 

Administrator

Medals: 13
Best Death (1) Best Group RP (1)
Completed RP (1) Dedicated Partner (1)

The order to prepare for battle had been given so suddenly that Edwin had barely any time to react to it. Here he was, late having been doing other things that prevented him from launching right away, trying to get to the hangar. It was all because of some strangers leading the Children here while the Elyandra was still recovering from the last encounter. Where in the hell did these people come from? It was enough that they had the Nekans thrown into the fray with them, they didn’t need any more weight on their shoulders. It was unfortunate Den and his friend had been tossed into this unwillingly, yes, but Edwin truly believed they were more trouble than they were worth some days. He kept the opinion to himself since he hasn’t interacted with them much, but now he was grinding his teeth cursing whatever un-corrupt God was watching them for doing so.

But, he shouldn’t take his anger out on them or anyone else for that matter. It wasn’t right. He was just angry at everything. Sooner or later those damned Children would have come at them again and cause more chaos; he needed to save his energy for them. The whole reason he joined the Elyandra’s crew was to help in ending this ****, tired of seeing people die. While he may be a bit rough on the outside, the truth was he was a softie. The thought of losing people, even if he didn’t know them well, hurt him and damn it they have lost too much already. If the Elyandra was lost… if the entire fleet was lost… no… he was not going to think about that right now. The Children were here and that was what he should be focused on. As long as his head was in the game, he would be fine.

When he got to the hangar, no time was wasted in getting ready. His mech hadn’t been fully repaired since the last battle, but if he didn’t get out there they would lose more people. He just couldn’t have that.

Are you sure you want to be heading out in Phoenix? Edwin heard Underdog chime in, taking him away from his thoughts. The two had an odd relationship, they rarely spoke and when they did it was often strange or brief. Underdog had to be completely reconstructed, like Phoenix, so traces of the ‘old Underdog’ still were noticeable. But, the AI has always pulled through for him; he had complete faith in it. The only thing was, instead of being something like a close friend, it acted, well as an AI. He’s been trying to work on that but so far no luck, and he wasn’t sure if he would want to change Underdog either way. There was just something comforting about how blunt it was sometimes.

“Yeah.” He replied curtly.

I suggest reconsidering-

“Fuck that. I need to get out there and fight!”

With Phoenix’s current condition, I predict a seventy percent chance of survival… Weapons systems and shields, though output is only able to reach eighty five percent of maximum capacity at this time, are stable enough, however the wings are still damaged; Phoenix is handicapped and unable to move at full speed. Mobility is decreased by-

“I don’t care.” Edwin cut the AI off once more, this time with a growl laced in his voice while he flexed his fingers a bit. “Moves fine enough for me.” The truth was that he knew the risks before Underdog had even spoken. He knew he was being reckless. It was probably suicide going out there as is but they (the people who were already out there fighting) had their hands full and needed all the help they could get right now. “How many times have we been over this? I’m aiding in fighting for the future for mankind here. If Phoenix falls apart, I’ll rebuild it again."

What if you lose your life? Concern was rare for Underdog; it was a very dismissive AI, for the lack of a better word. Perhaps that was why Edwin began to feel a little uncomfortable. However, he refused to allow that to deter him.

“Right now, the Elyandra is in danger and I need to help protect it. If I die then so be it.”

I understand your determination, I simply wish you wouldn’t be so reckless whenever the Children are around. Underdog paused for a moment, which was a bit surprising to say the least. This was usually where it would give him some snarky remark or something. It was a little unusual but he didn’t question it. Suddenly a display of Phoenix was shown in the HUD, pointing out all the weak points, power levels, and everything else Edwin needed to know. Do what you must, I see no reason to hold you back. Edwin could sense a sadistic edge in that seemingly nonchalant and perhaps sycophantic remark and couldn’t help but smirk.

Closing his eyes, Edwin gave a nod and then a few minutes later he was launched into space. The ride into the endless sea of stars was a lot rougher than he would have liked. Dodging projectiles with limited maneuverability was hell, but somehow he managed.

Just like with every battle he gets tossed into, his hands were shaking from the amount of adrenaline moving through his being currently. Sweat formed on his brow and he became extremely focused on the current situation. He no longer considered himself a novice, even if didn’t have nearly the experience some of the others had, and treated every battle like it was his last. Phoenix’s sleek, black paint scheme enabled it to blend in some but these blood-thirsty Children of the Dying Son bastards were clever and extremely unpredictable, as he had found out the last time he had faced them. If he made one little slip up, he would be seen as an easy target and they would be all over him like white on rice. That was exactly why he was going to get them before they got him. It was survival of the fittest out here.

He wasted no time in turning the Children mechs into space dust. Even with limited mobility, Phoenix was very nimble. Coming into contact with a Children mech, however, he realized just how much of a struggle it was to keep up. The enemy pilot gave him a good run for his money. Once he had the ****ing in his crosshairs, however, he didn’t hesitate to let loose, managing to get in a few good hits that would cripple the mech severely, but was caught blindsided by another coming toward him. He barely managed to get out of the way in time, the shock from the attack pushing him away from his initial target. By the time he recovered, his target, which he was hoping was no longer mobile or he would probably be screwed, was nowhere in sight and he let out a foul curse before charging back into the chaos.

Edwin managed to dodge a few more attacks, one grazing Phoenix, throwing him off a little, and took out a few more Children mechs in the process. When he was given a moment of peace, he decided to check to see how things were going with both his mech. Moving his arms and leg a little, he gave a small sigh of approval when everything seemed to move smoothly. Then his gaze fell to the Elyandra, and everyone else fighting out here to protect it. He also took notice of the unidentified vessel, working to help the Elyandra as well.

“Underdog, what exactly is that ship?” He asked. It certainly was a curious thing. He has never seen a ship like that before; it didn’t belong to the fleet, or have any markings on the hull indicating it belonged to the Children. “Don’t tell me… is that the ship that led the children here?”

Correct. The alien vessel is the one that was being pursued by the Children and ultimately thead the Children here, but shows signs of being friendly since it’s aiding the Elyandra.He was about to question it when Underdog spoke up again suddenly. Edwin, the Children seem to be changing tactics and plan to ram the Elyandra. I don’t know how if it will be able to survive the impact, even with the boost from the alien vessel.

“You can’t be serious…”

I can’t tell a lie.

Edwin frowned at the light joke, swearing under his breath. This was no time to be humorous, but that was Underdog for you. “Why are you bringing this to my attention? What do you suggest we do?”

Unfortunately no answer can be provided at this time.

“So, you’re saying we can’t do ****? We have to wait around and see what happens?”

That would be the wisest action, yes.

“Then why bring it to my attention in the first palce?” Sighing heavily, Edwin rubbed his eyes. He couldn’t believe the Children would actually stoop to doing something like this. Then again why should it surprise him? Holy people his ass. The Children were nothing but murderous demons that crawled out from the charred walls of Hell. And Edwin was certain he was not the only one with this sentiment. The only thing they wanted was to destroy everything in their path… No. He couldn’t let his emotions get in the way right now. Sometimes he didn’t understand Underdog. The AI would often bring things to his attention, but not have an answer right away, especially during battle. It got annoying sometimes and left him wondering what he could do but he supposed it was better than being left in the dark.

Just as he had predicted, Underdog said, I wanted you to be aware of the situation.

He would have said something in response but was startled when a projectile from an enemy mech caught his attention. He had been sitting around too long. The impact was enough to send him flying back a few feet. He felt a little disoriented and there was pain in his arm. “Damage report!” He barked as the screen displayed the mech in full detail. He was seeing double for awhile, and the lights weren’t helping the headache that formed. After seeing the damage he did feel a small pang of regret for coming out here; left arm was almost completely out of commission and shield energy was almost drained.

On the other hand, much to his relief, Phoenix still had a bit of juice left to hold back the enemy mechs. Growling lowly, and ignoring the ringing from his ears caused by the impact, he went after the mech that shot at him and fired off a few rounds of his own, satisfied with the sound of the enemy being pumped full of bullets.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:43 pm 
Savior

Between fury and rational thought, between territoriality and duty to protect... between need to protect his mate and the desire to defend his soon to be wife; Jared walked the razor thin line between his bestial instincts and his human mind. The old piece of junk mech he was stuck in did not aid in his mental state but he would not lose it this time... He could not lose it this time. Veronica was waiting for him back on the Elyandra, and if he lost it again then he would lose her in one way or another.

He was not going to let that happen, even as the razor edge got thinner and thinner as the battle went on threatening to split him in two, he just gripped harder to maintain control.

Though his reflexes were at their peak, Jared's mech felt sluggish in his hands as being disconnected from the machine around him and the blank slate AI in it tried to keep up with/predict his actions. Normal grumbling and taking frustrations out on the mech were pushed aside though as the Children were thick in the void around them. On the upside, with the Children so thick aiming was not as much a problem... dodging on the other hand was damn near impossible.

“****!” Jared shouted as another explosive round hit him, twisting his controls hard to maintain control and just barely avoided a Kami coming at him. “I just lost a leg... Adjusting stabilizers to compensate.”

Jared's entire control panel was covered in red: red tide sweeping across his radar and HUD, red lights appearing as systems broke and went critical, and a splotch of red where he cut his hand after one hit. Another hit shook the mech causing another red light to spring on and alarm to blare.

“Weapons hit! I've lost control of missile pod 3, jettisoning it now!” The pod blew off the mech to be promptly snatched by one of the arms and thrown at cluster of Children mechs before detonating. The arm the performed the move was promptly turned to Swiss cheese as the action presented an opening in his defense.

“Ammo is just about gone, switching to secondary energy weapons. Veronica will you PLEASE step on on the goddamn gas pedal all ready!” A growl entering his voice as he smashed two Kamis together and quickly dashing away before they blew themselves up. While in the back of his head he knew yelling at Veronica probably did not help things, the desperation of the situation was growing with each passing second. Most of the mechs they had out there were at the point of being help together by shear determination of the pilots and dumb luck... On any other day some would have probably punched out by this point.

“Not sure how much life is left in this bird. I hope someone has a plan.”

Rega jumped from her seat and ran to the con to start targeting, but her frustration with the system began to show after a few seconds. She slammed a fist into the smooth glass surface then snapped her fingers with an idea.

"Kit, interface with the Elyandra, copy their weapon control console layout profile and program this console with the same interface, connecting it to our own weapons systems." There was a lengthy pause as the terminal went blank, then reappeared written in English and configured strangely.

"Jon, let's see if you can shoot." she said, gesturing for him to take the controls.

“I'm not exactly a gunner...” Jon replied though a smirk started to form as he moved over to the controls, “I am however an engineer and that provides me with some insight on how to pull this off.”

He quickly adjusts the controls and bringing up scans of the Rapture. The ship design was familiar to him and even if they reconfigured it internally, there was only so much of the power system that could be moved around. He had only one problem... He did not know the yield of the weapons he was about to use.

“Rega... you might want to tell you friend to be careful cause I'm going all or nothing on this and I don't know what your weapons are going to do,” Jared said seriously as he worked as fast as he could to target shield weak points and critical power junctions with as equal a weapons spread as possible. He was not sure what was going to be effective so a little bit of everything at each point should cover his bases.

“I hope this works... Firing!” He pushed the button and held his breathe.

I am the darkness that surrounds me, I am the air that surrounds me, I am the land that hides me, I wait to strike, From the darkness, I wait to kill, From out of thin air, I am invisible, And I am silent death. Prayer of Invisibility from The Imperial Infantryman's Uplifting Primer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:05 pm 

Owner

War was never something to be proud of, though who sought to do so were foolish in their endeavors. There was no pride or glory among the pain and screams of those as they died. The panic and fear that struck each and every member of the crew to the core. What glory was there to behold, what glory was there to see?

None.

The only redeeming quality that came from War was the determination of the people, their hope and perseverance in face of what should have been the impossible. That was what people should tell about later, when the smoke cleared and pain filled cries died down. Those people, who in the face of impossible odds, did the impossible and lived to tell the story another day.

Lived to protect another day.

–-----

*Angela! * Krato shouted in her head and it took a moment for her to come to.

*Yeah...what...What's up? * Her ears rang something awesome and she could not even begin to make sense of anything.

*The captain, is calling for all ships to return to the Eylandra! Now! Come on! Get this heap moving! *

*Wh...what? * Still dazed she tried to remember the last thing before this moment. The harder she focused the clearer it became, with flashes of the last series of events played through her mind.

The combat had been hot, heavy and for a moment there she had thought that this would end good, that they would get out of this no problem. Then one of her engines were struck and she spiraled out of control. An impact later, some machine gun fire followed by a desperate struggle and then....now.

*Angela! Angela! You hearing me?! Get your ass back on that ship! Get it back there now! *

A shake of her head, made her groan in pain, but it seemed to help her focus none the less. Hands that shook from pain and the after affects of adrenaline moved across the controls and got the battered mech on it's way back to the ship. It was time to get the hell out of this place.

–----

Ever have that sensation like the whole world around you was in motion? That you were caught in the center of nothing but complete chaos, but for some reason it all moved slow?

Veronica experienced that right now. With the battle going on outside and the ship a flurry of activity, she felt as if she were in the eye of the storm. A large and powerful storm that would only get worse over time.

“All pilots! Return! Return to the ship now!”

The message sent out over and again over all of their channels, while the countdown till they jumped continued to tick away.
“What if one of them does not make it back?” Veronica spoke into the chaos.

“They know the risks for being a pilot,” the Captain now stood beside her and watched the display that showed the deadly ballet between their pilots and the enemy mechs. “We jump at the end of the count down....”

A hand was placed on her shoulder, for sympathy at the emotional turmoil Veronica likely suffered at the worry over Jared.

A shuddered breath taken, Veronica composed herself and began the manual countdown. “Hyper Jump in T minus 30 seconds....29...28....27....26....” the countdown continued while she prepared the navigation systems for the upcoming jump. Jared.....better get your ass back to me....

–----

“REPORT! WHAT THE **** IS THAT ALIEN DOING?” Michael shouted at his men, who were panicked to the point of hopelessness as their engines began to sputter and fail. Then their shields went down, “What in God's name are you all doing? Why are our systems going down?!” panic and anger now in his voice while he tried to make sense of it all.

“Our systems...they are....doing something to them...” one of his men reported while he struggled to compensate for the interference from the alien technology.

“Fix it!”

“I'm trying....”

“FIX IT!”

“I'M ****ing TRYING!”

Silence, save for the continued sounds of combat filled the bridge as all watched the two men to see what would befall the sudden outburst from crewman. How much time passed no one could be sure, but what happened next was what to be expected.

The near deafening sound, in the otherwise silent room, of a single shot fired from Michael's second in command's pistol.

“No one speaks to the Captain like that,” is all that was said before he holstered his weapon.

The tension remained and even Michael did not move. No one moved or did anything until the alarms started to to go off anew as the senors detected a build up unfamiliar energy along the hull of the ship.

“Sir,” the second in command whispered to Michael. When the leader looked to this subordinate he continued. “We need to get you to one of the Mechs, they have their own environmental systems.” Michael looked like he would interrupt and the second in command boldly cut him off. “Please, sir. I just have a bad feeling about this.”

A sigh left his lips, Michael closed his eyes and looked away for a second before he looked back to this second. Hands clapped firmly on his shoulders, “You will find absolution and peace in the after life at the side of God for your bravery and loyalty.” Then he brought the other man toward him in a hug, followed by a kiss on the forehead. “May God be with you.”

“And with you, Sir.”

The crew watched Michael leave and they knew they were doomed. Funny none of them were sad about it, the lot of them were pleased. Finally they would be free from this life, free from the fear and the pain inflicted on them by their Captain. It had started as something they believed in and wanted to see succeed, but as time went on and they were more and unsuccessful those of his crew felt his wraith as if he was God. Now, at least they would be free.

At last Michael was in the bay that held the Mechs, a final look was given down the hall toward the bridge and where his officers were about to give their lives in service to their God.

"As it should be" He thought to himself before he sealed himself in the Mech and waited for the tragedy that his second felt was on the way.

–----

The old mech touched down in the hanger and Angela was helped out by some of the crewmen, “Where are the others?”

“The others are on approach now, Lieutenant. Captain wants you all on the bridge,” the crewman said.

Medics brushed off she rushed to the bridge where the countdown continued.

“15...14...13...12...11...10...”

“All pilots save for one present and accounted for.”

“Who is missing?” the Captain asked.

“The alien pilot, ma'am.”

“Dren?” Angela caught the end of that as she entered the bridge and rushed to the Captain's side while the image of Dren atop the Rapture's hull came on screen.

“Someone tell him to get back here! Stop the countdown!”

“Angela, you know we can't do that,” the Captain said.

“But....we can wait just a few more....”

“No. I'm sorry. We have a whole ship of people to think about.”

“5...4...3...2...1....Jump drives engaged!”

Just like that they and the alien ship that had been tethered to them were jumped to another section of space. Away from the battle, away from Dren... to what they hoped would be safety.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:23 pm 

Dren gripped his controls tightly as the Paladin shook, a violent explosion from weapons fire shook the hull beneath him. The Mauna Kea had broken the shields, and his sensors showed that their engines had died.

"<Dren, I calculate that their new trajectory and the Eylandra's jump schedule will result in a near miss.>" Yuri said as his senses sharpened after the shake, "<Unfortunately, we cannot stop the linked hyperspace jump at this time.>"

Frantic orders spewed from the comms, “All pilots! Return! Return to the ship now!”

"Dren, you can stop now!" Rega shouted over comms, the hull beneath him shook even more and with his mech attached firmly with high powered magnets, he was shaking just as much, "The Mauna Kea will jump with the Eylandra. They need our link to the last nanosecond. Get back here now!"

Dren let go of his left hand control and furiously tapped on a keypad to override the jump. He was only met with errors and Yuri was unable to help. Frustrated, he slammed his fist on the controls and gave up.

"What if I eject?" Dren asked, watching the countdown of the Eylandra's jump along with one for his own. They seemed to be about two seconds apart now, with the Elyandra going first.

"You can't. There's too much Ether radiation outside to survive. Your suit wouldn't protect you."

Panic gripped his chest as he yanked on the controls and his mech remained frozen in place.

"<Dren, I can't give you our exit coordinates or activate a homing beacon when we get there because the enemy could get it and find us later!>" Rega shouted over comms in Nekan, "<You have to do something!>" Every attempt was futil and the two ships still neared each other.

"Eylandra to jump in 5....4....3....2....1....Jumping!" Yuri announced. There was a flash of light and the Eylandra seemed to stretch into a thin line of light, then it was gone. Two seconds later, all hell broke loose.

It was a combination of the hyperspace wake left by the Eylandra when she jumped, plus the activation of a shaky hyperspace jump in almost the same spot that caused a few odd things to happen. Dren knew his Hyperspace physics fairly well, but he knew for a fact that hyperspace drives were not designed to work in tandem with others. Yuri had the jump calculations perfect so all Paladin mechs jumped at exactly the same moment, so the area of the enemy ship they had encompassed with the hyperspace bubble did jump with them....sort of.

Alarms were blaring from every system and light streaked by his display of a familiar hyperspace tunnel, but she ship he was attached to seemed to contort and twist beneath him. The Paladin's head turned to see that the back half was indeed gone and pieces were flying off, no doubt spreading debris across sectors of space. It was in mid flight did Dren realize he never thought of calculating an actual flight plan and hoped Yuri had, but by the failing systems around him, he doubted it.

There was a flash of light and they exited into normal space. His Paladin had finally come free from the remains of the ship's hull and spun out of control, just as his controls went dead. The Paladin had entered sleep mode as designed when there was a massive systems failure, only life support, minimal sensors and AI systems remained online. Silence fell and he just heard his rapid breath in his ears as he watched his viewscreen. Images of twisted metal, mangled bodies, and the other Paladins in pieces as he slowly spun in space.

"<Dren, are you alright?>" Yuri asked, unsure as her link to his suit was severed and could not read his vitals. Dren slowly nodded as he watched wide eyed at the damage he had caused. He jumped when the Paladin turned and a body of a woman landed on the Paladin's face, her face frozen in fear as it filled his view screen. Tears began to stain his fur as the full force of the repercussions of his decision sunk in.

"<What have I done?>" he muttered. Yuri opened her holographic mouth as she hovered over her lens in the air, but stopped trying to think of what was appropriate to say.

"<You did what had to be done. To protect your friends.>" she said quietly, "<I thought the plan was sound, or I would have objected. Casualties are a part of war, regrettably.>"

"<This isn't even my war!>" He yelled, feeling even worse for saying it. True, he thought these Children of the Dying Son were lunatics, but their beliefs didn't make their lives any less worthy.

"<It has become ours now.>" Yuri said, "<We have chosen a side and become involved. We can't change what happened.>" Dren nodded and took a breath.

"<We...We need to get back.>" he said, trying to muster himself. He tried controls, but none would respond, "<Where are we?>"

"<No idea. I didn't have time to calculate a route. Four of the six Paladins are intact, yet in the same shape as us. Only sensors functional.>"

"<Can you repair the Paladin yourself?>" Dren asked, "<Do you need me to go outside?>"

"<We will have to manually repair the.... New contact at one one three mark six two mark five!>" she suddenly interrupted, "Looks like a single enemy mech.>"

"<Is anything working to fight?!>" Dren asked straightening up.

"<No! Nothing! We're sitting ducks!>" she exclaimed, "<Unit four's long range sensors are picking up a small scout ship incoming of similar configuration to enemy ship. The Mech is emitting a distress signal. It must have survived the jump!>" Dren closed his eyes and waited for the mech to blast him apart, but it didn't happen. It simply closed in on him and grabbed hold, waiting for the other ship to arrive.

"<Yuri, self destruct all Paladin units.>" Dren said, closing his eyes. She knew they couldn't be captured by the enemy. If their technology fell into enemy hands, their friends would pay the price.

"<Executing.>" she simply said. Dren watched as all six Paladins around him exploded in turn, then as the last one went up in flames, he waited for his own to follow...

Nothing happened.

"<Malfunction in Self Destruct mechanism!>" Yuri yelled, "<What? It's missing!>" Dren almost smiled. Rega had a hand in designing this mech. It was the prototype after all and was probably missing several standard systems a production mech would have. He felt an odd wave of relief wash over him, quickly being replaced by dread when the scout ship jumped on them. All he could do now was wait.

-------------------------------------------

The timer dropped to zero and the Eylandra jumped, at the same moment, the Mauna Kea jumped as well, yanking away the dreadful scene before them, and the comms channel with Dren snapped off with a start. She stared blanky at the view screen for a moment at the light of the Hyperspace tunnel go by, words escaping her at the moment.

"Dren.......no.." she muttered, "I just found you.....You can't be lost again!" Tears began to well in her eyes and stain the fur of her cheeks. She sat back in her chair and covered her mouth, her mind racing with some idea of how to find him again, to make sure he was safe, but nothing would come. She began sobbing quietly as her scientific mind calculated the chance of survival for the stupid stunt he just pulled, not liking the odds at all.

"Captain Rega." Kit began, but stopped. She had recessed even further into the captain's chair, hugging her knees and curling into a ball, trying to make herself as small as possible on the large and empty bridge. There were several minutes of silence afterward until both ships exited hyperspace and slowly drifted to a halt.

"Captain Rega, we have exited hyperspace." Kit informed her. She quietly nodded in acknowledgement.

"Deploy repair drones to help the Eylandra, initiate docking procedure after receiving permission from them, and offer use of our medical facility to anyone who needs it. Deploy internal drones as well to perform repairs and first aid aboard the Eylandra" she gave orders in a monotone voice, barely audible but the bridge's sensitive microphones were able to pick it up.

"Understood." Kit replied. Rega remained where she was, her knees to her chin as she stared at the screen, little flecks of light an motion could be seen as small drones slowly drifted over to the other ship and began repairing the hull in random places.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:31 am 

Blog: View Blog (7)

"The L-One and L-Three boosters have been repaired, and that upgrade to the sensors is finally finished." The engineer spoke, walking towards Dana. "Not that all the jostling has made it any..."

"Thank you," Dana interrupted in an overly professional tone, "And the AI?"

"Fully functional. Will you be trying her out soon?"

"Negative." Her eyes locked with the engineer's, "Though that's up to the Captain... Is that all?" With a nod, she accepted the dossier on her newly repaired Mech, turned and made her way down the narrow hallway. She paused, taking a deep breath, "And... thank you... for all your hard work." Her voice shook slightly, and she was visibly uncomfortable. She straightened her shirt and resumed her professional posture, before continuing down the corridor to elevator. She poked her nose into the beige folder containing all possible information on her mech. She took a deep breath, the enormity of the information almost daunting, and read a few lines...

She mindlessly wandered into the elevator, continuing to read about the mech her mother designed. She took in every word, focusing on strategy... how would she use these to form a tactical advantage? She ran through maneuvers in her head, posing new challenges and trying to think her way out of them. To her, this was a considerably more constructive use of her time than talking to the numerous people who rode the elevator from floor to floor. Dana donned a thin, wiry headset, and with a gentle tap to the side, a soft chime rang in her ear.

*AI designation: Alice, establishing long range communications with pilot: Dana Surell.* The AI connected to her earpiece.

"Hello, Alice." Dana replied quietly, "I didn't think your long range communications would be functional so soon."

*My radial sensors and communications were upgraded, thus required little delay in activation.*

"I'm glad to hear that, Alice. I'm actually on my way to give your dossier to the personnel officer." Dana glanced up at the flashing red numbers on the elevator floor display. 'Bridge' it finally rang. "Cease communications." Dana murmured, before exiting the elevator, having to push past the few bodies that tried to board the elevator. She made her way onto the bridge, where many of the critical officers were often located. The air on the bridge was a tangibly tense atmosphere. Given the recent battle and hyper-jump, Dana was hardly surprised. She stood in awe for a moment before slowly pushing further into the bustle of the bridge. She stood, an awkward blockade of the ebb and flow of rushing forms, tense, she glanced around the room, her gaze finally falling on the captain. She took a deep breath, and swallowed the knot that developed in her throat.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:40 am 

Administrator

Edwin, I believe we are to head back to the ship. Underdog’s voice came in loud in clear after the message had already been sent.

Edwin let out a sigh, “I know… I heard the message.” The message had been a huge relief for him, his heart still pounding from adrenaline, sweat on his brow, he was not sure how much he or his mech could take out here. “Underdog… will we be able to make it back in out condition?” Silently, he was hoping and praying that they would make it back in one piece. It was like he had been thrown into hell, and a feeling in his gut told him it was about to get worse. With all of this excitement it was difficult to tell where the hell he was. It was just like the last battle. The more he killed, the more seemed to pop up; it was like there was no end to them. He was unaware of it at the time, but soon he might not even have to worry about the Children.

Soon everyone might not have to worry.

It is possible. However, I would advise avoiding any confrontation. Phoenix might only be able to survive a few more hits.

“****.” Edwin lowered his head slightly and took in a deep breath. The decision was beginning to become regrettable; he knew he shouldn’t have launched out here. On the other hand, if he had not come out here, he would have felt like he meant nothing to this crew. Fighting was the better option in his end, for if he did not fight then who else would. He didn’t care how selfish that could possibly sound. He was proud to fight and would willingly die if it meant that Mankind would be saved in the end.

Would you like some reassuring news?

“No, no. I’m fine… I… I’m just thinking. That’s all.”

Edwin, don’t worry… we will make it.

“Of course we will.” Edwin smiled a little. He still had a bit of doubt in his mind, but he had to think positive. “Now let’s go!”

For what it was worth, he pushed Phoenix to head back to the Eylandra. He concentrated. All of his focus was placed into getting out of here alive. Maybe he would not be in once piece but at least he would live to fight another day. Dodging through enemy fire was not as easy as he wanted. At one point, when a fragment of an enemy met flew near him, he thought he was done for. He paused, shaking, trying to catch his breath. Once he recovered he continued on as if nothing had happened, ignoring Underdog’s remarks but acknowledging any warning that it presented to him. If it were not for the slight change in their pattern, he might not have made it back at all.

The ship had jumped right when Edwin managed to get to the hangar. He was one of the last ones back. Everything looked full and the bay seemed chaotic as people scrambled to make sure everything had made it back alright. Maybe everyone did make it back…

Edwin didn’t dwell on the thought too much, not wanting to think about how many, if any, were lost. He wasted no time getting out of his mech to assess the damage. The first thing he did, before anything else, was take a look at himself. He really felt like ****. His head was spinning and it took a moment for him to find his balance, it was almost like he had been hit by a train, his arm felt numb, and he had a bloody nose. Nothing he would not be able to recover from. From what he could tell, nothing was broken. His mech on the other hand, definitely looked like it would need some more time to recover. It looks like it had been completely torn apart and the only reason it was functional was because some miracle reached out to him. Whatever that miracle might have been, he was grateful.

“Hey, captain wants everyone in the bridge. So move your ass.” One of the engineers, who apparently did not feel like being friendly at the moment, shouted, taking him out of his thoughts.

“Alright, fine. Just one thing--” Edwin didn’t even have time to ask any questions about his mech. The guy had practically shoved Edwin, not the slightest hint of politeness anywhere, out of the way and began working on Phoenix. He didn’t need this **** right now but he said nothing, this was no time for anything heated, it was pointless and he had other things to worry about right now. To be honest he really did not blame the guy for being so grouchy anyway. With everything going on right now, there was surely a lot that needed to get done; this was no time to smile. They couldn’t just sit around and shoot the breeze. Something was obviously about to go down, something important. Well, the only way to find out was to get his ass moving to the bridge, he thought to himself.

Running a hand through his hair, he left the hangar, not wanting to keep the captain waiting. He was a little nervous, having only spoken to the captain in person maybe a few times, if that, and wondered what she had to say. Everything in the ship seemed so tense right now and it had him a little worried as well. This much tension was never a good sign, especially after a fight like that, however, he tried to ignore it. While he walked, he tried to keep his stride as confident as he could, keeping a cool head, even though there was not much to be proud of. He was fighting for a good cause but it was at the cost of so many lives. Killing, having blood on his hands, was never anything to be proud of no matter how much he blocks it out or tells himself otherwise.

He decided to stop at the bathroom and clean up a little, and splashing water on his face would help. He was shaking. Partly from anxiety and partly from the adrenaline that was still in his veins. He took a deep breath to calm down.

Upon entering the bridge, he stood as straight and attentive as he could, prepared to hear whatever the captain had to say.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:38 am 

Medals: 2
Animal Companion (1) 1st Year (1)

"God damn't they are jumping already!? I was hoping to kill some more of these delusional bastards. ****! J, start the tow ship moving towards the Eylandra How long until it will arrive at the ship?" Radulf slammed his fist against the Children's bible he had in his cockpit. A light blinked on at the very edge of his grid display, the light moving slowly towards the ship Eylandra.

"The cargo should arrive at the ship within four minutes." Radulf grimaced and took a deep breath as he headed towards the tow ship.

"We are going to be pushing our luck on this one J anyway we can speed up the cargo. Doesn't matter if it grabs attention I will cover it from any enemy not busy being killed out there." There was a small silence as the tow ship came into view.

"I think I can make it go a bit faster and cut the time off by a minute but it will kill the engines." Radulf swore under his breath as he surveyed the battle.

"Fine, lets do it we need to complete our mission there will always be more of these fanatical ****ing. J prepare the docking codes and increase the tow ships speed." Radulf clenched his teeth as he followed the tow ship the lights dancing across his grid a poor way to watch a battle Radulf thought. The minutes dragged on like hours until finally they arrived at the ship Eylandra.

"J send out the docking codes and let's finish our mission." As Radulf finished his sentence A red warning light flashed on his display.

"The tow ships engine has burned out we have less than two minutes to get it in the dock before the ship jumps."

"****!" Radulf cursed loudly maneuvering his mech behind the cargo hold Radulf started pushing it towards the docking bay. As it started to move slowly Radulf increased his engine power until he was pushing it to the red line.

"Only one minute left." Warnings started going off as Radulf pushed his mech's engines even further the heat in the cab increasing due to cooling failure. With only thirty seconds to spare Radulf finally managed to enter the cargo hold pushing the container in front of him. Setting the mech down beside the container Radulf shut off his engines and slowly let his muscles relax.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 6:23 am 

The singer snuck into the Eylandra's hangar bay with seconds to spare before the ship took off. He moved into the corner of the great area and into the shadow of a bulkhead before powering down the singer and disembarking. A few engineers ran over to his mech but most seemed unaware that he had arrived at all as he preferred it. One of them spoke as they passed him, "Captain wants all pilots at the bridge." He nodded his head in thanks.

He wondered how many of the ship's crew actually knew of his existence. It wasn't a secret but he had never openly shown himself to them and did everything the same way, quietly, so no extra attention was drawn to him. Doubtless only the engineers dealing with his Singer had noticed its arrivals, the rest too busy repairing the others. And they wouldn't notice it when they were done thanks to where it was. He'd taken relatively little damage this battle somehow and was thankful for the lucky break. Mulling the question over he walked into the ship's corridors.

He wondered how many of the other pilots knew of him. He guessed most, if not all. You didn't survive the kinds of battles they had been in by missing even the smallest of details. If not they'd see him at this meeting and probably have some questions about him. Before arriving he took the opportunity to change into some more casual clothing that was comfortable yet formal enough not to embarrass him before the captain.

Upon entering the bridge he noticed another man was there before him waiting. Eska turned to the rigth immediately and moved a few paces along the wall before standing to attention and waiting.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 12:26 am 

Owner

“No!” she practically roared and slammed her fists down on the table she had refused to sit at. Once all the pilots had been gathered on the bridge, the Captain turned command over to her second in command and had them join her in her ready room. Before they could even fully begin to discuss anything, Angela had lost it. There was only so much even the most battle hardened and determined warriors could take. She had reached her breaking point when Dren was taken.

Why? Given she had only just met him and sure they had shared in something that was physical, it was more than that.

“We are not going to just leave him!” she roared again, this time she took the time to pace away from the table and everyone else in the process. Like a large agitated cat that would pace in their cat for hours on end, that is how Angela felt at this moment. Ignoring the physical pain, which still burned but had been pushed aside for the moment, there was the emotional pain to be dealt with. Trapped, lost and uncertain in a world that had begun to unravel about her; what was the world without order? Logic? Or any means at all to trust in and plant your claws in firmly?

Though they were in the military, this was not some routine mission, it was a mission meant to save those left behind. However, that does not remove the pain and stress of the here and now, which is why the Captain allowed her to rant and would allow each of them to rant. To get what was on their chests off before they went any further.

---

Michael’s mech spiraled in the vastness of space, alone and damaged. It was only by the grace of God that he survived such an incident, just more proof that God wanted him to carry out his will. What was left of the computer had sent out a homing beacon and while he waited for rescue, another blip showed up on his screen.

“What is this…” he said aloud to himself. A few quick jets from his engines and he was able to grasp the enemy ship. “I am truly blessed indeed,” he said again to him. “If the lord spared just this one alien craft for me, then he knows that this could be a weapon for me to continue carrying out his might.”

While he waited for pick up, Michael recited the Lord ’s Prayer, on open com. This way, anyone who was within range could listen to the true word and know that the end of days was to come. That the end of man was at hand, but that he, Michael the profit of light, would lead them into the future.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 6:00 am 

Administrator

The longer Edwin was here, waiting, the more unbearable this was starting to become. The bridge felt a bit cramped, a suffocating feeling threatened to come over him, his heart racing, even though there was enough room for everyone. A small bit of relief came over him when it looked like things were about to happen.

Then, instead of just speaking where they were, everyone was taken into another room once the surviving pilots had gathered. A tense atmosphere lingered heavily over the entire room. It was like that every time the crew was summoned by the captain, he was use to it by now. He was sure everyone was use to it to some extent. But there was something that felt very different about this particular meeting. This time, the tense atmosphere seemed amplified.

Naturally, this made the suffocating feeling a lot worse.

Edwin was finding himself to be extremely restless and unable to stay still on top of it all. He had not taken a seat, but instead stood leaned against one of the chairs with his arms folded over his chest, his expression showing a mixture of eagerness and exhaustion. His eyes continued to dart around the room, mostly gazing at the crew. He hoped that everyone had in fact made it back safely in spite of all of the risks. Yes, there were risks, but that did not mean it was impossible to survive. So many had been lost in this damned war, and there were sure to be more, that was how war was, it didn’t hurt to have a little bit of wishful thinking. Or was such a thing frowned upon these days?

“****…” He murmured shortly after Angela, had her outburst, sighing heavily, feeling the need to break the silence. It took some amount of self-control to keep him from going ahead and punching something. “Just… **** them…” The sooner they got this over with, the better. This was beginning to drive him mad, if that was even possible at this point. He might as well already be mad as far as he was concerned. Who kept their sanity during times of war? Certainly not him, that was for sure. Nonetheless, he knew that if he contained himself any longer, he would most likely be in the same boat as Angela, pacing the room. There didn’t need to be two people ready to tear something apart, or three or four for that matter.

He had only met Angela a few times in passing but he was well aware that she was not someone to cross on a bad day. Nobody needed to question why she was upset. Looking around, it was obvious that there was one person missing. Dren, the Nekan. He knew that Angela had a formed a fairly strong friendship during his stay here on the ship. That was really all he knew, however. He had not really spoken to him outside of a few things here and there in passing. But he could sympathize in a way; nobody wanted to lose friends. Everyone was tired of losing people, no matter if they were liked or not.

Edwin has always thought that Dren was just more trouble, and this event had not helped his suspicions any. But even he felt like there was a piece of him missing, not seeing him standing here with them.

On the other hand…

“It’s all their fault.” Edwin snarled, lashing out for the sake of releasing pent up energy. If the captain wished for them for vent, then so be it. “They lead them to us… Damned alien ships…” There was a lot more on his mind than just those few words. However, he found himself unable to speak. He ran a hand over his face and stared hard at the floor, seething.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 12:16 am 
Savior

Screeching metal on metal ground into Jared's head as came to a grinding halt from its emergency landing, the crash netting cradled his mech as he cradled his throbbing head. It was a miracle the mech had lasted to this unsavory end, with more pieces missing than he dared guess, but at last it was over. He sat in the cockpit taking deep breathes to calm his body and try to ease his headache while the emergency crews and engineers set about getting him out of the mass of twisted metal, only to have to pain grow in his head. When the hatched was finally popped, Jared was in anything but a good mood.

“Captain wants to all pilots to report to her ready room,” One repair technician informed Jared as he started to walk away.

He whipped around and practically snarled at the poor technician,“NO ****ing ****!” A menacing animal-like growl working its way into his voice when he snapped and his eyes showed a vicious predatory yellow in them. He growled at the man for a second longer before snatching some painkillers out of a medpack and storming out of the hangar.

By the time he made it to the captain's ready room, Jared had calmed down significantly though still fairly tense with a throbbing migraine. He did not have his helmet, though he had left the hangar with it still on, having discarded it... somewhere, he couldn't quite remember where. There were all ready several pills missing from the bottle of painkillers and as soon as he got the formalities out of the way he popped a few more.

He took a seat and set the bottle out in case the others needed some... and partially to keep himself from taking more. Of course, Angela was not allowing this to be a simple debrief and decided to blow up at that moment. Jared could understand why she was doing it, Dren being the second male she has lost in this war, but at the moment he could not give a rat's ass... still he restrained himself from leaping up and socking her one. He was all ready on thin ice after their last fight and breaking out into another in the Captain's ready room would be far worse.

Despite this, Jared face was scrunched up in restrained frustration as he pinched the bridge of his nose to focus on keeping himself calm. It worked to a degree... though he did not realize or even notice when an angry animal growl started to emanate from his throat. He was about 2 seconds away from blowing up at his superior again unless something changed real soon... and then Edwin started ranting.

Jared couldn't take it anymore, Angela started getting in Edwin's face over what was said when he snapped. “SHUT UP!!!” He roared almost incomprehensibly as the animal blurred with the human voice. A gentle rattle announced the fall of the pain pills as the rounding bang on the table went away though the arm shaped mold of where Jared hit remained. His eyes lifted up and glared at them with deadly gold burning in them as the next few words came out in growls of murderous intent rather than angry vent, “I don't care your reasons and I don't care your pain. Just. Shut. The. ****. Up.” Jared's body was tense and ready to leap out of his seat to kill the next person who started arguing or yelling. He did not care that the captain was sitting just s few feet away anymore, he wanted quiet or he wanted blood.

He bared his teeth slightly and growled low in challenge... oddly his canines look a bit longer and sharper but that could not be the case. The only indication of Jared's modifications were his eyes otherwise he was normal looking... that couldn't be right.

Jon took a deep breathe before letting out a exhalation of relief that the plan had worked though it had cost them. He looks over at Rega who slowly seemed to break down at the loss of her... friend? Brother? Boyfriend? He did not know her connection to him other than being of the same species but his sacrifice seemed to hit her hard. He was not sure if he should be surprised or not her human-like reaction to the loss, but maybe dealing with loss was similar despite their difference in race and culture.

With this in mind, he walked over to her and knelt enough to be eye level with here in her curled up state, “I'm sorry,” was all he said at first just letting his sympathy and sincerity reach out to her in his voice and eyes. It was a long moment before he sighed and took a seat on the floor by her captain's chair, resting his back against it with enough room to be close but not to touch her unless she wanted it. “I know how you feel... I've lost a lot of people such as the ship whose wreckage you probably found me in. Welcome to the ****ing war.” He spat that last line out with venom before going back to a solemn tone and nodding to the Elyandra. “That is my home... or rather I think of her as it but I doubt it will feel the same. I had to leave someone on there a long time ago... She was a pilot.”

Though I did not see her mech and I don't think she would be caught dead in one of those rust buckets I saw out there.” He thought to himself but did his best to keep it out of his body language. He forced a small sympathetic smile on his face and looked up to Rega, “Your man gave hope back to the people of that ship and with it another spark of hope to my dying species... and you both gave me at least a chance to see her again.”

Jon goes quiet for a a bit before standing back up and offering his hand to Rega. “I'm sure the captain of the Elyandra would like to talk to you have all that has happened... and staring at a screen is not going to help bring your friend back. I'm sure there are people on the Elyandra who miss him as well, better to share in the mourning than to suffer alone.”

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next