All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:18 pm 

Owner

Medals: 14
Villain of the Month (2) Original Character (1)
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Slowly Veronica slipped into the shower behind Jared, her hands running lightly up his back to his shoulders. Leaning against him slight her lips pressed to his back while her hands rubbed and massaged at the tension in his shoulders. There were no words spoken from her at the moment, allowing her hands and presence to speak for her. So much of this was her fault that it often plagued her dreams at night. A guilt so heavy she would wake up feeling as if there was a weight upon her chest which hindered her breathing. It had begun bothering her in the waking hours, which was why she had not answered Jared when he first entered their quarters.

Standing there in the kitchen bracing herself over the sink as she tried to calm the sudden panic attack she was experiencing. The attack was brought on by the light wave of nausea which made her think of the child she carried, then about her future, its future their future....Jared. It snowballed from there and her chest tightened, while her heart race and a sudden beading of sweat formed on her brow. Fainting began to look like a possibility before she heard his voice when he first entered. Those simple words of “I'm home” calmed and soothed her. The world was brought back into focus as she moved to so that she could see him. There he stood tired, covered in filth and looking for all the world like some coal worker of the past.

Now here she was in the shower with him, hugging him lightly from behind trying to lend as much comfort to him as she could. Knowing that there were few words that could convey the right emotion or express her feelings to him right now. So she settled with hoping this simple gesture was enough, still after a bit two words did come to mind. Moving so that she was before her, hands cupping his face as the water cascaded down the pair.

She smiled softly and with love then whispered, “Welcome home” which she accent with light kiss on his lips.

Angela was in a slight daze as she made her way through the many decks and levels of the ship. Head cast down as she absentmindedly counted the tiny lights in the floor. In an emergency they were usually the only lights left, meant to aid in guiding crewmen about the ship. Some where about 1000 or so was when Kratos bud in.

*Where are we going?* He asked

*Heading to see the Captain* she replied, wondering how a computer could forget their destination so fast.

*Then why are we on the deck where our quarters are?* he asked making her sigh in frustration.

*Your sensors are mistaken we are....UGH!* she exclaimed as she made contact with someone. Lucky for them both she had not been moving too fast so the impact merely jostled each of them.

“I'm sorry...I was not watching where I was going...” she apologized as she looked up, her mouth frozen of more words as she took in the site of Dren. Someone she had been somewhat avoiding these past few days.

“Oh Dren....hey...um...” now suddenly confronted with him she was not sure of what to say or do. Looking about she tried to think of something better to say, “Getting settled in your quarters ok?” she finally asked.

With Angela distracted for a bit Kratos took the time to establish a private link with Yuri, *How has he been?* He asked the other A.I. Wondering if he was having as much trouble as Angela was recently.

"Any fool can write. It takes a genius to read"~Dadsky.
"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:14 pm 

Perusing the site to jump back in...

Medals: 5
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)

With most of his things now unpacked, a few pictures on the shelf of his old flight squad, now all dead besides him, his sister when she was alive, his parents, and one of his old sensei, who taught him to fight. A few Nekan Tapestries hung on the bare wall to make it seem less empty. Dren stopped once he was done to gaze around the room, knowing that this meant a sort of closure to his previous life. A symbol that he had given up any hope of returning home and a commitment to staying on this ship as a part of their crew, to help the Humans survive at any cost.

That reminded him. He needed to talk to the Captain as he barely spoke to her since he arrived. Perhaps he needed to formalize his allegiance to them or something. He wasn't sure. Regardless, he would need to copy his Nekan database as he was sure there was something in there that the Mankind's could use. His military training was screaming to follow procedure and to keep the secrets of his technology from falling into the wrong hands, but these people have proven to be good people. It was something he was thinking about for a while now and now that his room was somewhat decorated and he had a place he could now call home, he finally decided to trust them with his secrets.

"<Yuri, I'm heading to the Paladin to get a data core.>" he said, "<It's time I shared our database with the Captain.>" Yuri had been in the bedroom making the bed and poked her head out to talk.

"<Are you sure?>" She asked, "<We aren't supposed to share our technology with anyone. It's the Nekan most important law.>"

"<We aren't on Neka anymore.>" he said, "<I know we shouldn't, but the Mankind's are struggling out here. I think it could really help them survive.>"

"<I hope you know what you're doing.>" she said.

Dren left his quarters as Yuri vanished from the room, taking her place as a blue floating hologram over his shoulder. He walked for a bit, then turned the corner to collide heavily with someone. He recoiled and kept his footing as a familiar scent filled his nose. He felt his heart go to his throat as he saw Angela on the floor and it took him a moment before he leaned down to offer her his clawed hand.

"Sorry." he said, the translator kicking in, "Didn't see you there."

“Oh Dren....hey...um...” now suddenly confronted with him she was not sure of what to say or do. Looking about she tried to think of something better to say, “Getting settled in your quarters ok?” she finally asked.

"Yes. All finished." he said, feeling completely awkward. He never admitted to himself that he had been avoiding her, because some would think he was afraid of confronting her after what had happened, yet he did prefer to do other things rather than talk. He shook his head at the absurdity of it all. He liked her alot, but if he were to pursue that interest, pushing her away wasn't the answer. What happened between them was because of some uncontrollable urges, not because they chose to and made a mistake. He sighed and forced a smile, noticing that he still held her hand from helping her up, "Look, let's stop being awkward about this. We're both adults. Let's just start over and just be friends. I just finished unpacking and we have time off. How about you come over for some Nekan food. Yuri has programmed the replicator with the ingredients. I can cook for you." He said, jamming his thumb over his shoulder towards his quarters. and smiled.

Meanwhile on a private channel, Yuri's hologram remained unmoved by the whisper, keeping her friendly smile on her transparent face as she spoke.

With Angela distracted for a bit Kratos took the time to establish a private link with Yuri, *How has he been?* He asked the other A.I. Wondering if he was having as much trouble as Angela was recently.

"He hasn't spoken much." she replied, "But he was devastated. I can tell. Angela was the only girl he had ever confessed to."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:04 pm 

Owner

Krato sighed, *I am sorry for that. I tried to tell Angela to stop but...” his tone drifted off for a moment before he continued. “She was hurt bad by her last relationship and its been hard for her to open up to anyone else since then. I am sorry that Dren was hurt because of that* Krato said sincerely to Yuri.

Angela thought for a moment to try and come up with an excuse or something as to why she could not join him for a meal. In the end though he was right and they were both adults, usually anyway, and if they were going to be living together on the same ship they had to put what happened behind. Returning the smile she decided to force herself to not run away and start on rebuilding what bit of a relationship that they had.

“Alright sounds good. Though I have never been huge on veggies and stuff it would still be nice to share a meal with you” Angela said continuing with the smile as she entered his room once he stepped aside to allow her.

The room was down the hall from her own and on the same side, so it had the same view as her own. It was no surprise that she ended up at the windows looking out into the vastness that was space. Eyes somewhat fixing on the distance stars, that ever present thought of whether or not one of them had a planet orbiting it that they could live on. The sound of him entering and closing the door drew her attention back to him, a light smile on her lips as she turned to face him.

“So what's on the menu?” she asked in as upbeat a tone as she could muster, which turned out to not be too hard actually. Dren was nice and he did not make her feel like a freak. He was like...well he was like someone else from her past, with the added bonus of being more like her physically. It had been a while now so maybe it was time to really move on to someone new? Someone who professed his feelings for her right away. Who she did not have to worry about being transferred to another ship. Though there was the chance of him going back to his home world...

If they did have a relationship would she being willing to go back to his home world? She could not leave Eylandra to be with Jon but would she be willing to leave her universe to be with Dren?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thermos in one hand, with a data pad in the other Troy sipped her tea and made her way to engineering. Azzy was suppose to have a report for her and she felt bad for already being late, but there was still so much paperwork to look through from the recent battle. Supplies to be counted and rationed, reports to be made and sent out to the moon. Meetings to be held with various heads of her crew to check on this thing or that thing. It was a wonder she even had the time or forethought to make her tea this morning. Granted she was having to enjoy it on the go, but still it was better then not having it at all.

Entering engineering she looked around for Azzy....

"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:01 am 

Location: You wouldn't want to know all the places my mind goes... but my body is stuck in Dubai
Blog: View Blog (8)

An explosion, Mik was thrown to the ground by the force of it. He couldn't move. He could only sit there and watch in horror as the transport crashed to the ground and erupted into flames. His heart stopped beating, he was immobilized by the shock of all of it. Tears which should have flowed from his eyes didn't, he was numb to the core. Time slowly past and only one thing came into him. A thirst, a thirst for revenge.

Mik sat straight up from his bed, his head spinning from the images that had been playing in his minds eye. The same dream.... it always happened, he was always replaying the death of his family. It was the worst day of his life.... it was the day that changed his life. He felt sick. Throwing the covers off he got himself ready for the day still feeling tired. Sleep was not the restful thing it should have been. Mik stepped over to the coffee machine and put his mug underneath it. The smell was good and Mik could use the caffeine. He sat on his bed absorbed in his own thoughts, his warm mug resting between his hands.

Feeling restless Mik got up and left his room. He needed to do something.... he had been on the ship two days and now he needed to get out and do something. Take Casper out and do something. He needed to be occupied in work he could really throw himself into. Mik was never good having too much time to himself. Mik made his way down the ship making his way to the command deck hoping to find the Captain. He almost smiled, he had barely seen her since that first meeting in her quarters. He had stayed behind and shared some tea with her and merely talked. It was very strange but Mik found the Captain to be a very attractive pleasant person to be around. Too bad she was the Captain.... Mik shook the thoughts from his head and entered the command deck. He couldn't see the Captain anywhere.

"Can I help you?"

Mik turned around and faced the woman addressing him.

"I was just hoping to find the Captain here."

"She isn't here yet, she should be here soon. You can wait over there."

The woman pointed to a seat in the corner.

Mik smiled and took a seat staying out of the way waiting for the Captain and hopefully something to do..... and Mik just wanted to see her again.

~Master to Butler Vilora

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:55 am 

“So what's on the menu?” she asked.

Dren went to the Kitchenette and stood in front of the replicator. He could just make the finished dish there, but the machine didn't make it the way he liked, nor had that personal touch.

"Well, I figure I should take it easy on meat, so I'll make us some Guorin." he said, then looked up, deep in thought for a moment, "Um, Guorin is sort of like a vegetable stew I suppose, but there are things on Neka in it that you wouldn't classify as neither fruit nor vegetable..." He trailed off as he began working the console, pulling out large oddly shaped vegetable things and unidentified produce from the replicator, which he had copied the programming from the replicator in his new lab to. Moments later he was dicing and slicing them and another was cut up and put in a pan to fry. The rest was tossed in a large pot he pulled from the cupboard. As it began to boil, he began searching the drawers and cupboards for something in particular, yet couldn't find it.

"Yuri, have you seen my spice?" he asked. Yuri appeared beside Angela, crossing her arms as her form solidified.

"Still in that box you were supposed to unpack." She said, then pulled out the chair at the dining room table to sit down, "Honestly, what kind of Nekan Soldier carries around his own 'Secret Spice'?" Dren shot her an annoyed look and fished the bottle out of the box and stared as he shook a sparse amount into the pot.

"I do. I take the taste of the food I prepare very seriously." he said, "And I've never told anyone what this stuff is and never will."

"So secretive!" Yuri said with a laugh, "You're willing to share Nekan technology with these nice people, something punishable by law on Neka I might add, but won't even tell your sister what spice you use in your Guorin? It sounds a little fishy. Is it crushed up bugs or something?"

"That's just gross." he said, sticking out his tongue and he smiled, "It's nothing like that, nor is it dangerous to your health. If anything, it boosts your immune system." He looked to Angela's quizzical expression and laughed, "I think a Mankind would like it. We had to compensate for a lack of meat on my planet somehow. It makes the stew taste sort of meaty."

As he continued to stir the pot, he glanced out the window at the stars and sighed, "But I suppose it's time I sit down and talk to your Captain" he corrected himself, "My Captain now I guess. I know your engineers have looked over the Paladin to the best of their ability, but I'm going to unlock all of it's systems and share whatever technologies you want with the rest of you Mankind's. If I'm going to be a part of this crew, I can't be keeping secrets that could help us, besides my spice, of course."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:43 pm 
Savior

Medals: 4
Veteran Member (1) Supporter (3)

Jared was not sure how long he stood under that water before he felt Veronica sliding up behind him. His muscles tensed for a brief second when she touched him before they settled back down. Jared loosened up very slightly at Veronica's ministrations to his tense form, the muscles just refusing to fully relax at that moment. Then Veronica was moving him and her till she was in front of him.

Veronica's hands cupping his face as the water cascaded down the pair. She smiled softly and with love then whispered, “Welcome home” which she accent with light kiss on his lips.

Slowly, a smile creeped its way onto Jared's face and his arms found her form in that enclosed space. He hugged her close and gently, a silent thanks to her for her words and a reaffirmation of his feelings for her. He gives her a light kiss in return before responding with a soft loving smile, "Have I told you how much I love you today?" His body finally began to relax some, though still some parts seemed almost stuck in their tense form from the day.

For a while he simply held her as the water cascaded over their forms. The shower now seeming to form their very own world away from everything. After a while Jared decided to actually speak again. "How was your day? Getting used to the idea of being a parent yet?" Jared teased slightly but genuinely wanting to hear how his fiancé's day went.

Jon caught the scurrying of motion that came shortly after his call though it did not appear that his speaking is what got his captor's attention. He was able to make out most of his captor's/host's features beyond the glass and she appeared to be modified which boded well in his mind. Her words were garbled by the liquid that surrounded him (or at least that's what he figured the matter was) so decided to remain quiet for now. He did tense up though when the tube tilted back and moved into a horizontal position... He almost jumps when the blowers kick on and dry him.

Then the tube was opening and Jon could clearly see his host/captor. She went to get the mask but Jon became a little defensive and gestured for her to back up a little. Jon then carefully removed the mask, making sure he did not destroy it or himself before he sat up and shifted so he was sitting facing her. It was at that time Jon noticed the drone and he eyed it a little as he tried to ascertain its purpose.

Finally decided it was not a threat (or not something he could do anything about yet) Jon looked around the room from where he sat. It became clear it was not a Children's ship as it housed some advanced tech. It made no sense for the Children to truly try and make advancements as advancements meant they had a future. Shortly after that revelation came the conclusion that it was not an Earth vessel either. The writing and labels he could see were in a language he had never seen before and not of the specs of the devices he could see match up with his vast knowledge of tech... The final hammer in the coffin so to speak was his 'host's' uniform. Again it was no match to any branch he was familiar of... and he certainly don't recall any allowing for skirts that short.

Finally Jon focuses on the lady and cocks his head slightly with curiosity, silent for a bit longer as he decides on what to say. With nothing else coming to mind Jon settles for the simple solution, "Who are you?"... Jon was not fully convinced this was an alien ship... but it certainly was not of any group he knew of.

I am the darkness that surrounds me, I am the air that surrounds me, I am the land that hides me, I wait to strike, From the darkness, I wait to kill, From out of thin air, I am invisible, And I am silent death. Prayer of Invisibility from The Imperial Infantryman's Uplifting Primer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:25 am 

Rega jumped when the Alien pushed her hand away and took off the mask himself. She stepped back, watching him sit up slowly then he gazed around the room.

"Who are you?" he asked, yet Rega glanced at the drone for a moment, not understanding.

"<Oh! The language file!" she suddenly exclaimed, then dashed to a receptacle in the wall. The replicator deposited a translator amulet and she slung it around her neck, then rushed to a terminal to install the language, "<Kit, is this the best you can do with the file repair?>" The drone remained staring at the Alien but still spoke.

"<It is a complex language. Not something I can extrapolate easily.>" he said. Rega sighed heavily.

"<Alright, here we go. The very first communication between Nekans and an Alien race. Today will go down in history.>" she said. The download completed and the translator around her neck changed color. She stepped up before the Alien sitting on the open chamber, and took a deep breath.

"Hello!" she said, "Me Rega. I am people Nekan called."

"<That doesn't sound right.>" Kit said.

"<Well what did he ask before?>" she demanded.

"<I believed he asked who we were.>" Kit replied, "<You somewhat answered him, I suppose.>"

"<Cripes this is embarrassing.>" She said with a sigh.

"<I have re-catalogued some terms in the file and hopefully extrapolated the tense correctly. Try it again.>" Kit said. Rega forced a smile and tried again.

"I am Rega." she said, "My people are called Nekan. What is your name? What is your people?" Her eyes softened for a moment and she added, "Are you feeling improved?"

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:05 pm 

CF's Resident Drunk

Medals: 2
Veteran Member (1) Supporter (1)

“Sir, we’ve found someone”

What happened? Matt was walking back from scavenging with his mother, when the ground started shaking. A stray rocket detonated overhead, blasting part of a building off. Mother called for Matt to run, to run back home, before she was crushed by a falling steel beam. He ran about twenty meters and everything went black.

Two soldiers in heavy toxin gear pulled the slab of oak off the young boy, a third man ran over, rolling the body over. “He still lives, thank God. You two take this boy to medical immediately; we have a war to win!”

{Present time}

Saul had risen early that morning and said his prayers, cleaned up and put on his new clothes, an orange jumpsuit with CDS sown to his shoulder. Consuming the protein bar that had the distinct taste of horrible, watered down lemonade, He started his workout. With the upper half of the jumpsuit tied around his waist and his feet on the bed. He was doing elevated push-ups when NG entered the brig.

“You’ve returned?” he said with mild surprise, getting up, he untied the sleeves and zipped up the rest of the jumpsuit. “And you brought my Bible?” Saul grabbed a quick drink of water before walking over to the force-field. “You wanted to know more about my beliefs didn’t you?”

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:32 pm 

Owner

Angela could not help but smile at the exchange between Dren and Yuri, finding it to be well normal. Like watching a family tease one another because there was company around. It was refreshing to Angela making her relax and glad that she decided to not bail on the meal. Her sensitive nose began to pick out the rich foreign aromas and her stomach grumbled, reminding her that she had skipped her morning meal; with plans to skip lunch too. Moving closer to where Dren was so that she could see him working she leaned her back on the counter, making she she was not in his way.

“You know if sharing your technology is something that could get you in trouble with your people I am sure that Captain would not mind if you held back...” Angela said lightly trying to start up a simple conversation. “I mean while I can't exactly speak for her I do know her and well I know that she would not wish for you become a criminal with your people. Especially if you had plans of trying to return home in the future I would not want for you have to suffer for helping us. We have been managing alright and can continue to manage without you having to sacrifice your career” she paused after a moment watching him prepare the food. “I for one know how much a career is worth and what sacrifices one makes to maintain it...” her voice soft choking for a moment on unspent emotion.

Clearing her throat she went to try and change the subject, “So Yuri is your sister? Like a copy of your sister?” Angela asked. “We have some holograms but they are either confined to the holodeck or are generated in a smaller scale. I am actually glad for it because I could only think of how big of a pain Krato would be if he was allowed to have a physical form” she laughed.

Krato accessed the rooms comm system, “You know I can hear everything you say!” he growled out in annoyance. “Besides I am sure that Yuri would enjoy my company. I do have the ability to be a gentlemen, that was programmed into my subroutines sometime ago. At least I think so...” he said then laughed.

Angela just shook her head, “Can you imagine the two of them loose on the ship together? We would be getting called to the Captains quarters every hour on the hour” she says smiling at Dren.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:39 am 

Azzy was keeping a careful eye on the die machine that was spitting out threaded screws into a tray near his hand. For every two it dumped, he managed to cut the slots into the head of one. There was a box of nuts at the end of the table he was working at, and beside it, the box he was dropping screws into was nearly as full as the other. He never faltered or slowed in his work, but did wipe his nose once on his sleeve since he thought no one was looking.

The din the two machines made – the threading cylinder and the slotting machine – was nearly ear shattering, and he was wearing ear muffs to cut out the noise. So it was really no surprise that he didn’t notice right away that there was anyone else around at all. He’d honestly forgotten the time in the hurry to get this done. Bolts for the repairs on the inside were getting low, so he’d made due with melting down the scrap they’d pulled off before starting them.

When he did finally notice, he shut down both die machines and pulled the headgear off his ears. “Mornin’ Cap’n. Wha’ can I do fer yous?”

...For Man, no rest and no ending. He must go on, conquest beyond conquest. First this little planet with its winds and ways, and then all the laws of mind and matter that restrain him. Then the planets about him and at last out across immensity to the stars. And when he has conquered all the deeps of space and all the mysteries of time, still he will be beginning.

Rule #1, don't match wits with someone with an MBA in Psychology, you will ALWAYS lose, if only because they can **** you off in 10 seconds flat. True story...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:45 am 

Dren listened to her as she told him not to risk his career, yet she seemed to have some emotions behind her words, as if she sacrificed much to maintain hers. He decided not to press her on the issue as she continued on.

"Yes, Yuri is my sister, well my sister died, and I was issued her." he gestured to Yuri, "She was pretty much a blank slate for an AI when I got her, and she searched for her own identity and personality as all AI's are programmed to do at initial configuration." he paused for a moment and stopped stirring his stew, then continued, "What happened to Yuri, well the medical procedure they did to try and save her required a full backup of her mind into a storage vessel in case of brain damage. When she didn't make it, the storage vessel was put into the Archives. The AI I was issued did a search on all archives for my name, in hopes of finding something about me to form a personality that would be compatible with me so that our partnership would be most productive. She came across the mind of my sister and integrated it into her program. It took a few years for that massive amount of data to adjust properly to her programming, but now she's pretty much sorted through it all and merely identical to my original sister. She says this is how she wants to help me by not dealing with her death."

"Yeah it took a while, but I managed to come back to him." Yuri said with a wink, "Poor guy was a mess for those two years."

"And because she has the mind data of a person, she's now the largest AI in existence. The Paladin had to be equipped with another Data storage Vessel just to hold her." Dren said with a sneer.

"Are you calling me fat?!" She snapped, "Excuse me but compression can only do so much! I have all of her memories in here too, remember!"

"Yeah, because of the compression, her memory recall is about the same speed as a normal Nekan for long term memory." Dren said.

"Now you're calling me slow! You have some nerve!" she shouted, yet had a sneer on her face.

"Also she has a sense of humor, which made her more than tolerable over the years." he added.

"At least I do the grunt work you're too lazy to do!" she said, "Don't forget I saved your ass when you were starving out in space and found these nice people."

"Yes, sister. Love you too." Dren sarcastically said, then turned to Angela with a smile, "You know if you want Holo Emitters like the one's I've put up in here, I can install them in your quarters and we can design a body for Krato if you like, you know, for company or something.

With that, he grabbed a couple of bowls from the cupboard and dished up two servings, handing Angela one with a spoon, then guided her to the table where Yuri sat. Sitting beside her, he took a spoonful, blew on it to cool it off, then shoved it in his mouth with a satisfying sigh.

"That's good Guorin." he said, "What do you think?"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:58 pm 

Owner

Veronica's heart fluttered in her chest at his words and the kiss her returned to her. She was pretty sure that he had whispered that he loved her this morning before he had to be off for his shift. Still to have him pose the question that essentially answered itself truly made her swoon for him. Never did she think she would be in such a relationship with any, it was never part of the plan. Yet here she was in the shower with a man she loved more then....more....then....

something within stopped her from musing further, holding her back from confirming what she knew to already be true. Call it playing it safe with her heart, call it years of ground in mental training, but whatever it was it was still preventing Veronica from committing to Jared completely like she wanted. At his question of her day, her thoughts were roused and her smile intensified from the brink of dissipating just a heart beat ago.

“My day was fine. A bit boring but given my condition the doctor has requested I remain on light duty. So essentially I am confined to quarters until I have the baby....” she sighed though it was obvious she was not too upset about having to take it easy. At least if that meant for them to have a healthy baby she was willing to go through with it. “As for being use to being a parent I doubt I will ever get use to that idea” she teased him back, leaning into him to give him a kiss before pulling away to get out. “Come on. We will be prunes if we stay in there much longer. I am already going to have stretch marks, I would rather maintain my amazing figure and appearance while I can” she gave him a wink before she disappeared around the corner and exited the bathroom.

“Want to eat here or in the mess for lunch?” she called out from their bedroom. She was standing in front of a full length mirror trying to picture herself with a swollen stomach. “Ugh....I am going to look like a whale I just know it...” she mutters to herself as she stands there rubbing her still flat and tone stomach.

-- --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Troy smiled as she looked at Azzy, “Just trying to get caught up on how the repairs are going for the ship. I know that I don't have to worry with you hard at work” she says still smiling. “Figured you could give me a progress report on how things were going and if need be I can assign more people to help you to ensure that the repairs are done as soon as possible. I know you don't like the ship operating at less then her full potential anymore then I do” she took a sip from her thermos then looked down at the datapad she held when a message flashed across her screen. Without looking up as she tapped a few spots on the screen, “So tell me whats the damage and how long we going to be a drifting target?”

The message was from the councilor, Angela had skipped her session and then blown off her new duties in the messhall. Apparently she thought it would be fine for her to just goof off in the holodeck instead of doing what she was ordered to do. Not wanting to let Azzy know what she was doing she was having the computer track her down so that when she was done here, Troy could go and deal with her personally.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Angela followed him to the table with her bowl of Guorin, still not sure about it but figured he was willing to trust her with the meat thing. Following his lead she got a spoonful blowing on it as the rich aroma assaulted her nose. Looking at him once more before she took a spoonful of the alien cuisine, chewing it slowly so that she could get a real taste for all the flavors. It was not long before she gave a, “Mhmmmm....this is good!” and took another spoonful into her mouth. “Like I get what you mean about it tasting meaty. It kind of tastes like meat but then not, its good” she said with a smile, as she indulged with a few more spoonfuls before returning to their earlier conversation.

“Hmm...I am not too sure about the whole giving Krato a body thing....” she said the spoon sitting on her bottom lip as she paused in thought, getting moved away before she continued. “I mean like he is always here...”gesturing to her head. “I can't really ever shut him out, but over time he has learned to not pry when I request some space. Plus its not like he would be good for cuddling or anything....” she said with a smirk, “The old sap is not too big on cuddles....or so he claims” she winked at him waiting for Krato to respond.

“HEY! I am a warrior! I am part of a deadly machine! There is no times for cuddles!” though there was heat to his words it was not hard to sense the humor there either.

“See what I mean?” she said to Dren with a grin. “Nah but really I don't mind plus I have Codoe who is pretty good company” she said looking down at her bowl of food, her spoon twirling in it slowly. After a moment another shrug as she looked up at Dren seeking to change the subject.

“So with the whole download memory thing does that mean that you could basically never die? You know just have the file saved to a new body?” asking as she takes another spoonful to await his answer.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:30 pm 

The Captain was the only person that could make him feel small and funny looking. Azzy was aware of it all the time, but never so acutely as when it was just the Captain. But her compliments also made him feel important. Even if he knew that he wasn’t the only one doing the work. It looked like it at the moment, but Azzy didn’t sleep much until everything was done, so he was always around before, between, and after shifts. Just like now. Alone in the machine room again.

“I can ‘ave hull integrity up ta 80% in three days. Two if no one sleeps… After ‘at, the ship can be moved somewhere safer, to complete repairs.” He noticed she looked busy and didn’t want to be taking up any more of her time than he needed to. “I can send yous a full report soon as the rest’a the crew checks in. They’re between shifts right now.”

...For Man, no rest and no ending. He must go on, conquest beyond conquest. First this little planet with its winds and ways, and then all the laws of mind and matter that restrain him. Then the planets about him and at last out across immensity to the stars. And when he has conquered all the deeps of space and all the mysteries of time, still he will be beginning.

Rule #1, don't match wits with someone with an MBA in Psychology, you will ALWAYS lose, if only because they can **** you off in 10 seconds flat. True story...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:29 pm 

Medals: 7
Best Death (1) Funniest Member (1)
2nd Year (1) Most Dedicated (1)

Guy made his rounds through the mess kitchen, making sure everything was set to feed the crew. It was chicken stew tonight, so nothing special. Guy wouldn't let a bad meal go under his belt however, so he kept close watch on what went into his latest dish.

"Oi, Greg not to much pepper lad. Janet quit messing with the heat, leave the damned thing where it is." He cried out, barking orders to his crew as the stew neared completion. He gave it one more taste and... "Perfect, add nothing else. Good job crew, let it simmer for a few more minutes and serve it, I'll call 'em to mess." Walking out of the kitchen he went to the nearest intercom and did just that. "Attention crew, lunch is hot and ready. Come and get it people!" He called exuberantly. Satisfied he removed his hat and made his own way to the mess to see a group of men already there.

"Hungry so early boys?" Guy asked in a friendly tone. He didn't know their names but had seem them around here and there. They tended to stick together it seemed.

"Well unless you lied about that comm old man, we were just nearby when you called out, sit down why don't ya." Not one to refuse an invitation Guy did just that. The company made him feel like he was back in the days of the third war. Though he was not in the shape he was back then by a long shot, he could still fire a gun as good as the next guy. He continued stealing the spotlight within their group with old stories from the wars, and more than once the entire table was drowned in uproarious laughter. It was sure to catch the attention of any who walked in but what was he to care? The mess hall was supposed to be a place where you could forget your troubles and what better way to forget than with laughter?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:22 am 
Savior

“Come on. We will be prunes if we stay in there much longer. I am already going to have stretch marks, I would rather maintain my amazing figure and appearance while I can” she gave him a wink before she disappeared around the corner and exited the bathroom.

Jared smiles at her words (and the view a little) but does not follow. "I'll be out in a bit, I still need to actually wash myself off," He says with a smile, playfully shooing her out before closing the shower door again and actually setting about cleaning himself off. About halfway through a major headache started slamming at the interior of his skull causing Jared to lean against the wall again. He was starting to get them frequently, stress headaches from keeping (or attempting to) his strong and sometimes conflicting animal instincts in check.

He had been trying to blame the strain on the lack of downtime and the constant battles but in truth he could tell something was wrong. It was getting harder by the week, sometimes it felt like it was by the day but so far he was maintaining control. It was easier when Veronica was around, he clung on for her and her presence just seemed to soothe the beasts enough to make it bearable.

He knew something was wrong, and the looks he was getting lately from those who were/are in the loop on the project that made him just reinforced the idea. Unfortunately there was nothing he could do about it, if he gave up his wings for piece and quiet he would become antsy and unable to sit still with every attack. He could not retire or request a transfer back to the moon either to try and be put back to his original human DNA; they were too far out and were under attack much to frequently. If he tried to go back with Veronica the shuttle would most likely be attacked and they are not designed as sturdy as the Elyandra... He could not leave Veronica behind either, he was sure he would not keep his sanity for the trip back without her... His only option was to stay here with her and fight to protect her... to protect their life together.

Veronica's call to him from there bedroom helped put his head back on straight a bit and stuck his head out of the shower long enough to shout back. "I was thinking we could eat in... A lot less noise, and nobody to ask the million questions we will probably be asked everyday." He calls out with a slight chuckle at the end before stepping back in and quickly finishing up. He towels off enough so he will not drip water across their new quarters and before coming out he quickly pops a few pills for his headache.

Jared heads to the bedroom with towel wrapped around his waist and finds his wife to be looking at herself in the mirror with her hands running over stomach. He comes up behind her and kisses her on the neck, half hugging her with an arm as he looked at her through the reflection. "... You know... I'm realizing one more advantage of eating in. We get to decide the dress code," He teasingly jokes before given her a slight squeeze with the hug and stepping away to head for his dresser.

His upper body displaying the scars from his battles, all familiar to Veronica but once he turns his back one part draws attention: the back of his neck. The off color connection port for his mech, the discolored scar tissue from the burns and replacement surgery from his accident marked the site as if it was a bull's eye to draw the eye in. Just before reaching his dresser though, Jared took his towel and put it about the back of his neck, half taking a moment to make sure his hair and port were dry before contemplatively opening drawers in his half naked state. "What were you thinking? Formal, Casual, Informal?" Jared half joked as he tried to decide on how much he wanted to get dressed up for their dinner together... as well as biting back the urge to add 'Birthday Suits' to the list of wears.

I am the darkness that surrounds me, I am the air that surrounds me, I am the land that hides me, I wait to strike, From the darkness, I wait to kill, From out of thin air, I am invisible, And I am silent death. Prayer of Invisibility from The Imperial Infantryman's Uplifting Primer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:56 am 
Savior

((Forgive the double post))

The 'person' who had let Jon free of his container or whatever it was suddenly exclaimed in a language he was not familiar with... then again he did not study very many languages. It was slightly amusing though to see her suddenly rushing around for some sort of device that she put around her neck. He might have gotten up and looked around a little but that drone was staring at him emotionless. Last thing he needed was to provoke some security drone.

Though as he looked around form the spot he was in he found himself wondering where the rest of the crew is. The place just seemed empty... Shouldn't there be a security team or command crew coming in to secure or try and ascertain who he is?

Finally the female seemed to be done whatever she was trying to do and came back over to where he was still sitting. She had finally stop talking in whatever language she was speaking to the machine and seemed to take a deep breathe before...

"Hello!" she said, "Me Rega. I am people Nekan called."

Jon had a little trouble keeping a straight face after that as it just so... unbelievable but at the same time it made sense. Obviously though it seemed like something was wrong as the computer and catgirl started arguing slightly. The whole thing just went on to cause Jon a bit more confusion before "Rega" finally sighed and tried again.

"I am Rega." she said, "My people are called Nekan. What is your name? What is your people?" Her eyes softened for a moment and she added, "Are you feeling improved?"

Jon contemplates his answer a bit, going back and forth between seriousness and mocking before finally coming to a decision. "Best to double check your syntaxes before trying a new language," Jon commented before giving a small smile and holding out his hand in attempt of receiving a shake... in a sense a final test to see if they person really was not from earth. "My name is Jon... I am a Human, scientific name I do believe is Homo Sapien... As for how I'm feeling..." Jon takes a moment to double check himself over, mostly doing different odd movements to insure no pain or stiffness. "Compared to how I was when I made it to the pod I'm going to have to go with: yes I'm 'improved'."

After a small pause and still noticing no one else but the young lady before him and the drone, Jon's curiosity got the better of him. "Are you the only person on board or is your protocol prohibit contact to just one... member of the crew?" Jon asked with a slight curious **** to his head, refraining from using the word 'person' in case it would be misunderstood with cross species and languages.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:26 pm 

Rega smiled and opened her mouth to answer, but the drone moved between them and interrupted her.

"The crew regiment is classified information, restricted to Nekan Space Force personnel only." Kit said, clearly making adjustments to the language file as the Human spoke. After a moment, Rega gently pushed the drone aside and stepped forward.

"It is just me on board. My people did not want to risk sending more to this part of the universe." she said, "I had to come and explore."

The viewport of sickbay showed the flash of the exit from Hyperspace, then the endless sea of darkness that was space outside. The ship shuddered slightly for a moment, then Kit's drone turned around.

"<Sensors are detecting an energy signature that is comparative to hyperspace technology. There is also several fading energy signatures from objects of similar design to the Human's pod.>" he said, "<A battle took place here.>"

"<There was a fight?>" Rega asked, "<Do a deep scan of the area.>" A moment later, Kit replied.

"<Ether particles detected.>" he said, "<A Nekan Ether Generator was used here.>" Rega's eyes lit up.

"He was here!" she said, "I must go to the bridge!" She had been staring at the Human for a moment as she listened, and the translator activated when she spoke.

"What of the Human?" Kit asked.

"He can come too. Just keep an eye on him." she said.

A quick trip through the ship and they were all on the bridge, Kit had the drone follow behind the Human as he led him to a nearby chair, normally occupied by the second in command. Rega sat down in the captain's chair.

"On Screen."

The screen focused on the battlefield, showing chilled tombs of broken spacecraft and metal debris. No other large ships were around the area. Kit zoomed in on a particular wreck when Rega pointed, and the symbol for the Children of the Dying Son could be seen on the hull.

"Kit do a long range scan of the sector. See if you can find a ship or something." she said. There was a pause and Kit's voice responded.

"No ships detec.........Standby." he said. Rega sighed. Kit had a habit of this.

"What?"

"Hyperspace activity in the area is linked to a corridor containing a large energy signature." Kit said, "It is currently travelling at a speed in Hyperspace that the The Mauna Kea can easily catch up to in little time." Rega hesitated for a moment. Most conflicts are between good and evil, some are between parties of opposing thoughts. Whatever the case in this fight, the ones they detected could be good or evil, or simply someone who opposes another faction in the area. Still, she came this far. She had to continue.

"Proceed." she said.

"Plotting course." Kit said. A moment later, they entered hyperspace in the same corridor as the fleeing ship. Within the hour they would catch up and see who they are, possibly meet more of these Humans, or be targeted by a new enemy.

"Well, Jon. I hope these people are your friends." Rega said, "I really don't want to make a bad impression on your people if they perceive us as a threat."

------------------------------------------------------------------

“So with the whole download memory thing does that mean that you could basically never die? You know just have the file saved to a new body?” asking as she takes another spoonful to await his answer.

Dren swallowed his food and set his spoon down. Thinking for a moment, he tried to determine the best way to say it.

"The procedure is......somewhat expensive." he said, "It's only done for very important people or rich people." He left it at that, but Yuri decided to come out with it after a long pause.

"Dren gave up everything for me, or rather her." she said, leaning back in her chair.

"Yuri, she doesn't need to know what I gave up. It's not a big deal." he said. Yuri's smile faded and she leaned over, putting her hand over his.

"You spent all of your money, went into debt a million credits, sold your condo, and gave up all of our parent's inheritance just so they could do the backup of my mind. You did this to protect me." she said, "You gave up your chance to go to the Academy and ended up in the NSF."

"Yeah, I spent all my money, hit rock bottom, and my sister still died." he said, "I joined the NSF because they had her backup in archive and I wanted to have access to it to find out a way to get her back."

"And your first issued AI did what you wanted all along." Yuri said, smiling. Dren didn't return her smile.

"Yes, you came back to me, but it's not the same." he said, "If you take one step outside my doors here, you will disappear. I can't take you to see a sunset, or spend time with you by my side. A hologram doesn't really cut it when you're just a projection."

Yuri remained silent for a moment, then her brow lowered.

"So that thing you're making in your lab..." she began.

"Isn't finished." Dren interrupted her, "And is a secret."

"Right." She said, trailing off. Dren ate a few spoonfuls of food, then pointed his spoon and Angela.

"So, Angela. The next time you take your mech out, you may want to do so while not in actual combat. I did some repairs, adjustments and enhancements on it that you may need to get used to." he said, anything to change the subject.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:39 pm 

Owner

“Not sleeping is one thing, but...” she looked up from her datapad to smile at Azzy, “You are not going to miss a good meal. So for now you are done and are to accompany me to the mess hall for lunch” she smiled as she lowered her datapad, “Don't make me make it an order” she teased and turned to leave expecting him to follow after her.

As they walked together, “Azzy...why is it you are always working alone? I mean we are stuck on this ship until we complete our mission. So I know that many need the socialization, yet you do not seem to....” her voice trailed off as they entered the lift, preferring to not continue such a conversation in front of other crewmen. So in silence they made their way to the messhall with a small group of fell crewmen, Troy doing the polite small talk with them as they went along. Re-assuring those that needed it that the ship was going to be fine and they would be underway soon enough. Even taking the time to talk up Azzy a bit, basically stating that with him on the job they all could rest easy knowing the **** was in very capable hands.

After dealing with waiting in line, as the Troy refused to take advantage of her rank just for a simple meal, she went to the table that was essentially her table. The Captain's table where she usually dinned and occasionally held meetings with the officers. It was away from the others so that conversation could be had without fear of being overheard. Nodding for Azzy to sit across from her she waited a bit before picking up where she had left off.

“So...is it something with the rest of the crew? Anyone giving you a hard time?” she asked truly concerned about his apparent anti-social like nature.

–---------------

Veronica smiled when he held her, his body conforming perfectly to her, the feel of his lips on her neck making her heart race a bit. The smile did not leave her lips as she knew he was right, there were advantages to dining in. Though as she turned to make a dirty comment about such advantage her eyes landed on his port and the obviously scaring that he suffered there. Suddenly tears weld up in her eyes and she found herself stifling a soft sob at the surprising rush of emotion. She was forced to turn away, with her eyes closed so that she could not even see him in the reflection of the mirror. Such pain and suffering he has endured...and for what?

Taking a steady breath she walked over to the closet she had claimed as her own to get out something casual and comfortable to wear. “Casual sounds good” she said to him softly trying to make sure there was no extra emotion in her voice. Pulling on a t-shirt and sweats she waited till he was dressed before turning around, least she see the back of his neck again. “So what is on the menu for today?” she asked trying to sound a bit more cheerful, even though she was not truly feeling it.

–-------------

The senors crewman checked and then checked again to make sure what he was picking up was correct. He would hate to disturb his Captain with something that later turned out to be false, he did not want to have to deal with the repercussions from that mistake. Taking a deep breath he turned in his chair, “Sir?” his voice trembling a bit as he waited for an answer.

Michael looked up from a datapad to stare at the frightened crewmen, “Yes...” his tone showing his annoyance.

Swallowing and taking a moment to collect himself, “There is a ship....approaching us....fast...”

Michael motioned, “On screen”

The main screen was changed to show the craft that was following them, “Hmm....its signature is....alien...” Michael mused aloud.

“Yes sir. Similar to that alien vessel that was helping the Eylandra earlier” the crewman said with a bit of pride that he had done some extra work.

Michael nodded and smiled, “Hail them. Let's see if perhaps God has blessed us with a means of defeating our enemies”

A channel was opened and Michael spoke as calmly and kindly as he could, “Greetings Alien Vessel. This is the Rapture. Friend or foe?”

–-----------

Angela listened to Dren and Yuri going back and forth with one another. It tugged at the strings of Angela's heart to hear just what he had gone through to save his sister, which in the end was for nothing. Yeah he might have her as an A.I but like he said it was not the same. He was alone. Especially now in this world where he was the only one of his kind, Angela really felt for him. Yet, she kept this to herself as she ate and listened to them talk, the secret project peeking her interests a bit though she did not comment on it.

When he mentioned her mech she arched an eyebrow, “Oh? Like is it going to shoot fireballs or something now?” she asked with a grin as she stirred her spoon about in the left over liquid. “I mean I appreciate you fixing the Cat up for me, but tampering with my baby could give me grounds for kicking your butt” she teased as she smiled.

She paused for a bit before continuing, “So since you seem to have devoted your whole life to saving your sister, is it safe to assume there won't be some **** wife or mate coming through a space gate to kick me ass?” deciding to broach the subject of what happened to them with a bit of humor. “I can warn you now that Codoe is very cross with you and may have a go at your toes to try and sooth his injured pride” the smile still on her lips as she looked over at him.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:48 am 

What started as a dot on the viewscreen with a targeting circle around it, soon grew into a tiny, elongated shape of a speeding ship. Rega stared at the ship while gently tapping an extended claw on the glass panel of her armrest. In the silence, Kit startled her when he spoke.

"The targeted ship is aware of our presence and is hailing, Rega." he said.

“Greetings Alien Vessel. This is the Rapture. Friend or foe?”

"The Rapture? That's an odd name."

"Not much information on the name. The data file in the life pod has limited information, however, the term has a heavy religious connotation meaning to transport to the afterlife, a place this race refers to as Heaven." Kit replied. Rega continued to tap her claw on the chair and sighed.

"Any sign of Ether onboard the ship? Scan for Trinium as well. I believe they used it in the Paladin prototype."

"Scanning........." Kit stated, "No trace of either found."

"Zoom in on the hull." she said. The viewscreen switched to a close up of the hull plating, where the symbol for the Children of the Dying Son was displayed, the same that was on the chilled, floating wreckage left behind.

Rega still didn't know who Dren had done with. It could be another ship from this COTDS fleet, or he could have gone with the ones they were fighting. She didn't have enough answers. As a scientist, she was trained to study the facts and deduce only logical results. This wasn't Jon's ship, as a glance in his direction showed an obvious look of hatred and perhaps nervousness. None of the markings on this ship were on his pod either.

Besides, for Jon to belong to this ship or the fleet it was apart of, you would think his databank would have more information on it...

"Open a channel, audio only. Match speed so we're not approaching anymore." Rega said.

"We will not take hostile actions unless provoked first, however, our alignment to your vessel cannot be determined at this time due to lack of information. We're new to the area." Rega said, "This is the Nekan Science vessel, Mauna Kea."

Rega pressed a button to cut the transmission, sighing again.

"Jon, I take it by your expression that these people are not the good guys?" she asked.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When he mentioned her mech she arched an eyebrow, “Oh? Like is it going to shoot fireballs or something now?” she asked with a grin as she stirred her spoon about in the left over liquid. “I mean I appreciate you fixing the Cat up for me, but tampering with my baby could give me grounds for kicking your butt” she teased as she smiled.

Dren chuckled sitting back in his chair, letting his spoon rattle quietly in his bowl, "No, just a few calibrations and upgraded subroutines. The armor plating needed to be repaired in several places and I found my Nekan tools put it together better than Mankind types. You should find it responds better as well. There was alot of unneeded code in the subroutines. Too many limiters in there. I did leave the previous configuration in there but give this new configuration a try. Your AI can switch it back if you don't like it."

She paused for a bit before continuing, “So since you seem to have devoted your whole life to saving your sister, is it safe to assume there won't be some **** wife or mate coming through a space gate to kick me ass?” deciding to broach the subject of what happened to them with a bit of humor. “I can warn you now that Codoe is very cross with you and may have a go at your toes to try and sooth his injured pride” the smile still on her lips as she looked over at him.

Dren picked up the empty bowls to take to the kitchenette, pausing for a moment to stare at the floor, trying to figure out how to respond. He noticed her attempt at humor and forced a smile, then by the time he turned to put the dishes in the sink, his expression flawlessly depicted that nothing was bothering him anymore.

"Your friend will have to get used to me eventually. I am not going to purposely avoid him because he can't act civil." he said, "As for a mate, no, I never really had time to pursue such a thing."

"Ohhh?" Yuri said, her brow arching and a thin sneer on her face, "What about that scientist?"

"A professional relationship. Nothing more." he said flatly.

"Really? You two seemed perfect for each other. You mean to tell me you never noticed all the subtle signs she was basically heaving in your direction." Yuri teased, "She has the hots for you so bad. She almost called off this trip when she realized you were the test pilot."

"Rega does not think of me in that manner, I assure you. Never once did she make any advance!" Dren retorted, "Don't listen to her, Angela. She's just trying to embarrass me."

"Dren, I feel sorry for her really." she said with a sigh, "To pine over someone who doesn't look at you the same. It's heartbreaking really."

"Yuri, stop this." Dren said, "If she was really interested in me, I'm sure she will move on as I will. None of it matters now. It's not like I'll ever see her again..."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:44 pm 
Savior

Though Veronica tried to hide it, Jared's enhanced hearing caught the stifled sob and the shift in her breathing as she tried control herself. Jared's upbeat demeanor shifted to concern and his process of dressing came to a halt. In just a T-shirt and briefs he is standing behind her by the time she turns around.

Despite her attempt at a cheery mood, Jared face did not lighten and still looked upon her with deep concern. "Something is the matter, am I right?" Jared asks softly, nervously to almost the point of being scared about what it might be, "I was not sure at first but... whatever it is, it's getting worse and you're trying to hide it..." Before she can respond or move, Jared put his hands gently on her shoulders and looking into her eye with deep love, care, and concern. "What can you not seem to tell me? Is it really... that bad?" Jared's worried tone becoming a bit more apparent.

Of course Jared's thought were on his fiancé's health and the baby's. His mind spiraling through so many bad scenarios. Was something wrong with the baby? Was Veronica's body reacting badly to the mish mash of genes? Was she having second thoughts? Was she scared or uncertain? The more he thought, the more he worried about her, the baby... them. What was it?!

Veronica felt trapped. There he stood before her, nearly demanding an answer from her. The truth. Oh how she wished she could tell him the truth. Tell him every dirty detail of it all, so that she could finally be free and they could be completely together. Yet would that really be the case? Would he still love her even after.... Her thoughts drifting away from that to focus on answering, for she knew he would not let this drop. So she did the only thing she could do and was a master at; she lied. Looking away from his eyes she allowed herself to cry. Tears rolling down her cheeks as a soft sob escaped her lips, "I am just worried..." she began as she looked back to him. "Worried about our future....about the baby...I mean is right to bring it into this world? There is so much hate, so much violence and pain...." she closed her eyes and sobbed again as she tried to lean into him and bury her face in his chest. "I am just scared" she finished with another sob and she would continue to cry if he would allow her to bury her face in his chest.

Jared hugs Veronica close when she leans in to sob on him, feeling his heart ache at seeing Veronica so fearful and upset... It probably made it worse that she had no one else. She had told him how her family was dead and she never before the Elyandra really made friends with anyone. Even now when he thought about it, Veronica seemed to keep some small distance between her and those on board. He was all she had behind the tough and proper exterior she showed most of the time to others.

He was quiet for a bit, letting Veronica cry her worries out while he rocked her slightly in his hug in attempt to soothe her. "I'm not sure there is a right answer to that question, Veronica," Jared says softly, "Our parent's probably thought similar thoughts when they had us... The universe hasn't exactly been friendly in recent years." He is silent again for a bit before finally taking a half step back and looking her over. He leans in and gives her a light kiss just before giving the only suggestion that comes to his mind, "Maybe you should talk to the Captain..." Jared was not sure how well such a suggestion would go but generally speaking: if there was a problem the Captain was the one to see.

Jon was not sure what to make of the strange alien woman in front of him, her conversations with her computer making even less sense without translation. The AI seemed pretty protective and strict as he almost thought it was going to attack him or something after he asked about crew. "More to this part of the galaxy?" Jon asked but Rega and her AI were all ready on some new topic that just furthered some confusion with her sudden exclamation and need to go to the bridge.

Jon did not make a fuss or anything though that drone staring at him almost all the time was slightly disconcerting. He was used to AI and robots but it is always odd when it is someone else's... especially being of alien tech. Though he had to admit the chair he was led to was remarkably comfortable but that might just be him with being cramped in a pod injured for who knows how long.

When she brought up the image of the wreckage with the symbol of the Children on it, Jon lowered his face into his hand and wearily commented, "That would be the Children... those who seek our species extinction..." He voice was quiet and devolved into a mumble as he failed to realize his slipping into slumber. It did not seem like Rega heard him as she went right to searching for the ship they had detected. It was not long after that he completely passed out into sleep from the stress his body had endured as of late.

"Jon, I take it by your expression that these people are not the good guys?" Rega asked.

Rega only received silence back as a response but after a moment it would probably be clear that Jon was asleep. In truth, Jon's expression was one of someone having a bad dream in deep sleep. It did not long after her pointing out the symbol that he completely passed out into sleep from the stress his body had endured as of late. The likelihood of waking him easily was very slim as Jon was an engineer through in through. Having slept near the roar of engines or malfunctioning equipment so often had drilled his body into grabbing rest where ever it could... only waking to alarms, and sounds of something off in the machinery. This was especially the case now as this was the first real sleep he had in the who knows how long he had been in that pod. Being kept shifting back and forth from waking to unconsciousness by his injuries and the emergency systems. A murmur and a shift in the seat to get more comfortable was the most reaction she was going to get at that time.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next