All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dark Destinies-IC
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 2:32 pm 

Location: You wouldn't want to know all the places my mind goes... but my body is stuck in Dubai
Blog: View Blog (8)

~Prologue~
Hearken now to me! Listen to you doom! For light and dark shall conceive, twins will be born, one will bring about the return of evil and he will fall by his own blood. The other shall try but his fate can not be escaped, for he shall slay your only hope against his own will. One more shall be born unto you! The stars will grace her birth, she will have the true power and her death will be nigh. For the dark one will slay her and evil will rule.

The Oracle sat down in her chair feeling weekend. Her eyes swimming with images of great horror. Those in the room with her stared at her for a moment theirs mouths hanging open. Everyone there looked around wondering what the words meant.

“The king must be told! Quick send word to him that the oracle has spoken!” A man stood up and wrote down on a piece of parchment what the oracle had uttered. They sealed the scroll and sent it to the king.

Midnight lay over the land, the king sat in his study pouring over documents. Work as usual, he was about ready to retire for the night and get some sleep. There was a man sitting in the corner of the room reading a book. No one could see his face, it was hidden behind a hood, the black cloak he wore covered his frame. He seemed to blend in with the darkness around him. The king looked over at the man, “Well I don’t know about you but I am tired and all these documents are blending together, they all look the same! Lets call it a night!”

The man merely shrugged and stood up, there was a sudden loud knock on the door. The king looked surprised for a moment, “What could be going on at this time of night?” In a louder voice the king spoke, “Enter!”
A man of about 20 entered the room looking as if he had run many miles. He was gasping for breath, “My lord an urgent message for you from the place of the oracle.” The king took the scroll the man had and dismissed him. Opening the seal the king stared at the writing, his face paled, he sat in a chair a complete look of horror written across his face. The cloaked man moved closer to the king, the king merely held out his shaking hand giving the scroll to the cloaked man.

“What does it mean? Is it true?”

The cloaked man finished reading and set the scroll down. His thoughts were dark, “I believe this is the dark prophecy…. It was spoken long ago, I have read a little that mentions a prophecy about the end but no one can remember it. I think its time for fulfillment has come, if the oracle has spoken then the time has come for the prophecy to be fulfilled. We should keep this to ourselves though, it would not be good for this to be known to everyone. It would cause a state of panic and any child deemed dark is in danger. We can not allow such chaos to spread. I must go to Evaras and inform the king and queen there. They may know more about what the prophecy means.”

The king nodded, “I believe you are right, be careful.”

The two of them shook hands and the cloaked man left right away, he road away on his black stead riding with all haste to the land of the elves. His thoughts were troubled, he needed to talk with the king.

Two weeks of hard riding and he had made it to Evaras. He was admitted to see the king immediately.

The two greeted each other like old friends, the king’s wife came in a moment later and greeted the man. The queen was beautiful and seemed to be pregnant, she smiled at the man, “It has been too long, much has happened since you were last here, as you see we are graced with a child.”

The queen beamed at her husband and rubbed the spot where her child was. “I know this child will be special! I can feel it.”

The man smiled at the queen, “ I am very happy for you. This must be a wonderful time for you. Unfortunately I bring news of a dark nature, it concerns the dark prophecy.”

The king and queen frowned and looked at each other, the king looked at the man, “There is not much we can do, no one knows what it actually says, though some say that the prophecy tells of the end of this world and the final end of Anora.”

The man nodded, “Yes I know you have told me before but something strange has happened, the great oracle has spoken and she has repeated the dark prophecy.”

There was silence in the room. The king and queen stood still for a moment and the man told them the prophecy.

“I was hoping you might help me in knowing what it means.”

The queen shook her head, “This is very dark, but this much I do know. There will be three children born, two will be related, they will be opposites but will both carry out an act of evil. These twins will be born to one of the races of light and the other of darkness. One will bring about the dark lords return and will be killed by its brother. I believe it is safe to say that. Then that child will carry out the worst act, it seems to imply that the child will be taken over or he will be turned. This child is the most dangerous. He will be in disguise, he will seem to be good and will turn out evil. As for the third child she will be powerful and a threat to the dark lord, she will be hunted to death. She will also be the easiest to find, it has been thousands of years since the stars have graced a child’s birth. We need to keep watch and act fast for this child’s sake lest she fall prey to evil.”

The man nodded his head, “It seems we are of the same mind. We must act fast I will go to Anora and warn everyone there.”

The king nodded, “Good idea, I would feel better knowing you were there to take care of things. You should stay with us though for a little while. You have had a long journey you should rest.”

“Thank you, I will stay for a few days then go to Anora.”

The man left the throne room and ate a good meal and went to his room to sleep.

That night the queen woke with a start, pain laced through her. The king woke with a start, “What is wrong my love?”

The queen had sweet on her face, “I think…. I think, I am about to have the baby!” A scream of agony escaped he lips as another wave of pain went through her. The king quickly got up and rushed out and summoned the maids. The night was long and painful for everyone. The king sat in a chair on the deck outside his room. The sky was cloudless and the stars shone with a dazzling brilliance. The king looked up and tried to calm himself. He breathed deeply smelling the night air. Everything would be fine he told himself. He heard more screams from his wife and then the most wonderful sound in the world, the small cry of a newborn baby. The king stood up joy written all over his face, one of the maids came out of the room the small baby in her arms. The king smiled as he looked at the beautiful little girl before him. He held her in his arms. As soon as the baby was in his arms there was a bright flash in the sky, the stars shone with a great light and right above the palace a single star swelled with a dazzling silver light and let forth a single beam of silver. The beam touched the child in the kings arms, for a moment the child was bathed in the perfect silver light, another moment it was gone. Te king stood in absolute horror. This was supposed to be a sign of great blessing and that his child was destined to be great but for the king he knew it was a death sentence. His child was now marked for death, the palace was already full of shouts of joy for the new child and her amazing blessing. The king couldn’t prevent the news from spreading, it was too late. The queen laid on her bed the same look of terror on her face.

The next morning the king and queen packed their things ready to run away to protect their daughter. The cloaked man stood in their doorway a look of disapproval on his face. The king glared at him.

“What would you have me do? I will not let my daughter be killed! I will do whatever it takes to save her!”

The man stared right back at the king, “leaving the safety of your palace will only make you an easier target!”

“Well keeping her here is suicide too! No security is good enough with something like this! At least abroad we can stay hidden and no one will know where we are!”
“Foolishness!” The man breathed deeply, “I have another idea…. Give me the child and I will take her t Anora, we will train her there and no one will know who she is. To keep her safe you will have to say she died, I can make an illusion of her dead body and we can hold a funeral. I will then secretly take her to Anora.”

The king and queen stopped dead in their tracks… they thought for a long moment, then the queen spoke, “My love, I believe this is the best choice, we must give up our daughter to save her.” Tears ran down her eyes. The king nodded his silent agreement. “Very well, we will do as you say. But if she ever needs to come back here after we are dead she must have this.”

The king handed the man a bag with a crown, documents and a few other things, “These items will allow her t return home and take up the throne if need be.”

The man took the things and bowed, “I will take good care of her, she will be safe.”

The man packed all his things and the news was spread that the young princess had died. The land was cast into mourning for the loss, and at the end of six days the man left with the princess.

The king and queen saw them off, tears in their eyes they made their last goodbyes. The king looked up, “I put all I hold dear in your hands. Take care of her and be safe… I only wish we had more time with her. Be safe my young one.”

The queen in return bent down and kissed the princesses forehead. “Fare well my sweet and you be careful too…. Eckl.”

The man nodded and rode away on his horse, the child slept soundly and it took them a few days to reach a port from whence they departed to Anora. That same night the princess fled from her home tragedy befell the elves, their king and queen had been murdered in their beds. With no heir to the throne the nation was plunged into confusion and grief.

--

The oracle sat in a chair all by herself. The room was empty, the oracle was never to be left alone but her caretaker had abandoned her. She sat motionless, shock on her face, the one she had trusted had turned on her, and now he was gone. Her prophecy was now in the hands of evil. Her eyes glazed over once again, Listen now! Hope is not lost, not all is dark, evil can be vanquished! The dark prophecy ended. Hope remains, for in the hour the heart is brought back evil will die and destinies will be reversed.

The oracle fell out of her chair on the floor motionless. No one had heard his or her only hope.

~17 years later~
Morning dawned on Anora. The birds soared through the air making music wherever they went. The small school was bustling with activity as students went around doing their chores and practicing their magic. Elleth sat in a large study. A large desk was in front of him and on the other side of the desk sat his teacher and mentor. Eckl sat there looking at Elleth.

“Well it seems you have done extremely well this year, you have mastered the art of making illusions. I am impressed, normally illusionists are weak, but you have a gift with them. I am very impressed with your progress. Now I called you here today because I believe that you hold the power within you to make you illusions come to life. I am sure you have heard something about this.

Elleth nodded, he had heard rumors and wasn’t sure if they were true, he was sure Eckl knew how and that he was about to learn if he could too.

“Good, now before we begin you need to understand that you cannot make life! For example we can cast illusions of people but we can not give them life, we can make illusions of trees, birds, and all sorts of creatures, but we can not make them real. Now that being said there is plenty we can make, such as fire, water, a sword even.” A sword appeared in Eckl’s hand and he gave to Elleth.

Elleth stared at the weapon in his hand, it was indeed real. “How can I do that?”

Eckl smiled, “It isn’t easy to master this art you must first master the object you wish to create. You must know every aspect of the thing you want to make real.”
Elleth nodded, he knew about the art of mastering an item, it wasn’t easy either, you had to learn its true nature and understand it. “I think I understand.”

“Good now I want you to pick something and learn to master it, once you have come back to me and we will see if you can master this.”

Elleth stood up and bowed to Eckl. He had a lot on his mind. The sun was high in the sky and Elleth let it warm him. He sat at the waters edge thinking about what Eckl had said. He didn’t know what he was going to master. He figured he had a little time to figure it out. Meanwhile he would enjoy his day.

---

Oriana looks around the school. She was so very confused and lonely. Dreams of a place she'd never seen before haunte her sleep. She sighs as she looks around. She needed something to do. Something to keep her mind off of the dreams that were occuring more and more frequently.

She decides to go for a walk. She had nothing else to do today. Her teacher was busy dealing with other things. So that gave her time to go exploring. Something she'd been itching to do for a long while now. But had never had a chance to do it. She smiles happily. She was walking absentmindedly.

Staring at everything around her. Sure she'd grown up here...but the didn't mean she knew this place like the back of her hand. There was still so many mysteries that surrounded this building. That surrounding the people who resided here also. She starts humming. She liked to hum when no one was watching. Liked to sing when no one was around.

As she's walking she finds herself on the waters edge. Snapping out of her daydreams and thoughts as she sees someone else on the waters edge. She walks towards the person. And sees its Eckl's student. She smiles. She'd heard rumors that he was one of those progidy kids. Ones that were talented extremely in the magic they were endowed with.

She steps next to him. Sitting down next to him. "What you doing all by your lonesome?" she asks in her soft voice. Smiling at him. "You done with your studies for today?" she asks. Trying to start a conversation with him.

-----

Elleth turned around and smiled. He had seen Oriana over the years; she was one of the few here at the school that was given the power of raw magic. Most students who had the raw magic went through tough training and weren’t out much. Elleth on the other hand figured he had it just as bad, Eckl was one tough taskmaster and he always expected his absolute best. Elleth liked it though, Eckl was tough but he was very kind and caring, he was the best mentor, teacher and father figure Elleth could have wished for.

Elleth looked out across the ocean and let the air warm his face; he loved the smell of the sea.

“Kind of… Eckl dismissed me early because he doesn’t need to be around for this lesson. I am finishing up the last year of school and Eckl is pilling on the work. So seeing as I have a little time on my hands for this task I figured I would relax for a day and clear my mind. I am trying not to get to nervous though, I don’t think I have ever been assigned such a chore.”

Elleth breathed deeply and looked back at Oriana, “I have to learn the true nature of something, not an easy task in of itself but Eckl is making it harder… he’s got a lot of faith in me and I don’t want to let him down.”

Elleth frowned a bit, the more he thought about it the harder it seemed, it took most people years to master something and Elleth had much less time than that, plus he needed to make the item he mastered! Elleth kept that part to himself; no one seemed to know that the rumors were true and that some illusionist could actually create. That was big news to Elleth and he was an illusionist. He looked forward to mastering this art and going out into the world and doing something good, Eckl seemed to be preparing him for something big.

“What about yourself, you not doing much today? You must be nearing the end of your training too, we can’t be far apart in age…. Though I think you were here before me.” Elleth looked at Oriana again and noticed how elven her features were. She had the soft pale skin, the pointed ears, the eyes that seemed to pull you in. Elleth looked elven…. To any one who took a quick glance at him one would automatically assume elf. But upon closer inspection one could clearly see that Elleth was not a pure elf. He had slightly slanted ears and deep eyes, his skin was just a little darker than elves but still white. He did get facial hair though, not a lot but enough to cast a shadow on him. His body was lean like an elf but he looked like he had some muscle. Elves had muscle, you just can’t notice it, with Elleth you could kind of see it. Elleth wasn’t sure what his other half was…. He assumed human. It wasn’t that uncommon for elves and humans to marry. No what bugged Elleth the most was the fact that he never even knew his parents! All he knew was that he had been found by an elderly mage in the wreckage of an abandoned temple. The man took care of Elleth for a few years and then he had written to the people here at Anora telling them of his strange powers. Eckl came right away, took Elleth in and had been training him ever since. Simple but vague. Elleth just wish he knew who his family was. Elleth mentally shrugged, thinking about these things wasn’t going to help him with the task at hand.
--

Eckl stood in his room looking into the embers, Elleth was growing into a powerful mage, Oriana was almost of age. Elleth Eckl had his doubts about, there was something wrong about his past and Eckl was feverishly trying to learn everything about his parentage. But he had hit a dead end. Eckl was afraid though, he knew Elleth could very well be one of the children of the prophecy. He wouldn’t say it to anyone though… there was no proof, and Eckl did in fact care about Elleth, he had never seen a mage so powerful and yet stay pure. Elleth was not power hungry and wanted to do good. There was hope for him. Then there was Oriana, Eckl had kept her past a secret from everyone including her. She was in danger and if Elleth was one of the children of the prophecy he posed the greatest threat to Oriana. Hence the reason Eckl had never introduced them, on the other hand though Eckl had trained both of them and knew that their powers were great and they could make a powerful pair. Eckl looked out across the school his thoughts running around in many different directions. Something was moving, he new when Oriana came of age something was going to happen… the dark had already started moving, a mage of unnatural power was causing trouble. Eckl didn’t have much time to prepare Oriana and Elleth, it was time for him to talk to Oriana about her past, and give Elleth a mission.

~Master to Butler Vilora

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Dark Destinies-IC
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:52 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

" My master is busy with other things, and I'm close to finished with my own studies as well. Try not to worry about the task at hand. Stress is bad for the flow of magical force, according to the professors. Besides, if he didn't think you would be able to master it, he wouldn't have given you the task. It's definitely a sign of your potential that he did. "

She smiled for him, and the facial expression made her light up. Her own studies were finished excpt for her closing exams, After that, she hoped she could leave here, travel the world. Oriana felt like these walls had once been a shelter. Now they were like strangler-fig, choking her with the proximity and the loneliness of the world she lived in.

At least if she was on her own, and she was out of this place..

It wasn't that she wasn't treated well, she was just restless. Her dreams were filled with green, wild plants that clung to her skin and soothed her but also smelled so.. raw. Dangerous. Oriana longed to find that place. The other dream she wouldn't think about. Just that smell, the smell of plants. The smell of the wild outside.

" I'm Ori, by the way. Oriana, to everyone who doesn't know me swell, but I think it's a little formal."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:13 pm 

Location: You wouldn't want to know all the places my mind goes... but my body is stuck in Dubai

Elleth smiled warmly, "Nice to meet you Ori, my names Elleth by the way. Care to sit down?"

Elleth shifted some making room for Ori, "I am trying not to stress too much, hence the reason I am sitting here, listening to the water helps me think and focus."

Elleth glanced out across the great blue expanse, it was beautiful and Elleth loved the sound of the waves against the shore.

"So what are you going to do once you finish training? Your master got any big plans for you?"

---

Eckl sighed and walked outside, something was bugging him and he couldn't shake the feeling something was about to happen. He looked up and saw the dark mountain, long shadows encircled it creating an ominous presence. The shadows seemed to be lengthening, something was not right, something was stirring and it wasn't good. Eckl walked down to the beach, there he saw Elleth and Oriana, he stood still watching them, it was time for them to go, there wasn't any more time he could feel it. He only hoped he was making the right choice. He stayed out of sight for a moment waiting for the two to finish talking before he called them.

~Master to Butler Vilora

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:22 am 

" He hasn't mentioned anything to me, but I hope to go exploring. My gifts would help sustain me in the real world, and as long as I was careful I think I could handle things well enough.. But who knows? Do you have any plans for when you finish schooling?"

She didn't want to think about how she would react if she was somehow forced to stay here. The green world around them was calling her, and like sailors in the grasp of a mermaids song she knew there was no escaping that inexorable pull.

Oriana watched his face, completely absorbed in conversation.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:25 am 

Elleth nodded, "Well Eckl keeps making side remarks about some plan he has but i have no idea what it is! So am pretty much sitting by waiting to be told. Eckl is like that though, he wants me to stay focused in the here and now and not worry. I guess it is a good idea." Elleth shrugged a little.

"Exploring sounds fun though, I want to see stuff too, not that I don't like it here it is just that I want to see the rest of the world and learn a few things about myself."

Elleth shut his mouth after that, he hadn't meant to say those last few words, he didn't like talking about his past and stuff. It was always awkward.

--

Eckl stepped out and made his way to the beach, his feet could be heard on the rocks and Elleth turned around.

"Sir!"

Elleth jumped up and made a slight bow, "Is anything wrong?"

Eckl smiled, Elleth seemed a little flustered, "Everything is fine Elleth I just wish to speak with you and Oriana."

Elleth looked over at Oriana a questioning look on his face, he slowly nodded his head, "Um alright."

Eckl smiled again, "You two aren't in trouble I just need to talk with you about some important matters. So if you would follow me to my study." Eckl motioned for them to follow him and he began walking.

Elleth helped Oriana up and followed Eckl, leaning over to Oriana he whispered, "Well this sure is odd...."

Eckl opened the door to the study and stood in the doorway for a moment. "Elleth could you wait outside, I need to speak to Oriana first." Eckl smiled at Oriana and showed her to a chair across from his desk. Closing the door he cast a powerful charm to prevent anyone from listening.

"Now Oriana, I have something very important to discuss with you I need you to pay attention and to understand."

Eckl grabbed a ivory sack and started to pull out some items from it, a silver crown, some documents, a bracelet, a necklace, and a ring. Seeting each item on the desk Eckl looked over at Oriana.

"Oriana I have been keeping something from you for these past many years. I did this to protect you so please understand that the choice that was made was made for your protection."

Eckl leaned back in his chair a slight misty look coming over his eyes, "Many years ago a prophecy was made, the prophecy concerned three children, two would help bring about the end of the world while the other would have power to challenge the dark lord. Now for the child that would challenge the dark lord there was some detail as to her birth, the stars would grace her. This happens rarely and it is usually a blessing. Many years ago I visited the elves and spoke with the king about this prophecy. That very night the queen gave birth to a daughter and the stars indeed graced the child's birth. The king and queen were going to run with the child to hide but I told them otherwise and took the child myself and we faked the child's death. The king and queen died soon after."

Eckl sighed heavily, "Oriana that child is you, you are heir to the elven throne and are one of the children of the prophecy. This means your life is in grave danger. If anyone were to learn of this you would be hunted down and killed. I have kept you safe for as long as I could but Anora is no longer safe for you. Something is moving. I want you to go back to the land of the elves and reclaim the throne. War is brewing and the elves have to be united to withstand the tide of evil that is about to befall us. Perhaps this will be your task in stopping the dark lord I don't know..... but understand that you must travel in secret and reveal nothing of who you are."

Eckl placed the crown and other items back in the sack, "These here will help prove who you are, take them. You won't be going alone though... I am going to send Elleth with you. He is powerful and I believe he will be very helpful to you. You can trust him, perhaps he will learn a few things as well."

Eckl looked behind him out of the window, the darkness was growing, fear gripped Eckl. A loud crash of thunder was heard and in one bright flash a building caught fire. Soon large shadows crawled around the entire school causing havoc. Screams could be heard and people were running everywhere. The teachers assembled and began fighting the monsters. Eckl looked directly at Oriana, "This is too fast, forgive me for being so slow. Take Elleth and run! Do not look back don't stay and help run!"

Eckl stood up and ran out of the room, Elleth was standing in the door trying to protect who he could. Eckl placed a firm hand on Elleth, "Elleth I am very sorry but time has been taking away from us. There was much I wanted to say but i am afraid that I have little time. In Erech there is a man named Treck, find him in the magical artifacts shop. He will help you. Go with Oriana. I am truly sorry about all this."

Pain was written across Eckl's face and Elleth stammered, "I am not going anywhere! I am staying here and helping!"

Eckl looked back at Oriana and then at Elleth, "No I have given you my orders you both will carry them out, no more questions! Now RUN!"

Eckl marched into the fray creating illusions to confuse the enemy and killing them with his sword. Elleth quickly grabbed his pack which he had left in Eckl's office, "I don't care what he says! I am helping."

Elleth turned to fight and what he saw chilled a figure of shadow stood before Eckl, he was tall towering over everyone. His presence sent utter terror through everyone. Only Eckl stood undaunted.

"Where is the child Eckl!! You cannot hide her from me now! I have returned! Soon my true body will be returned to me and no one will be able to stand against me."

Eckl stood resolute, "You will not have what you want, not back to the abyss with you!"

Eckl flung a silver orb at the apparition, light enveloped them and Elleth could hear Eckls voice in his head, 'I said run Elleth, there is nothing you can do! Be strong, take the boats and leave! Don't let me die in vain, I am doing this to save you and Oriana.'

Tears streamed down Elleth's face, he turned around and grabbed Oriana's hand, "Come on!"

Eckl sighed knowing the last of his strength would only put a temporary halt on the dark lord, with the last of his strength he spoke to Oriana as well, 'I know you wish to be free, but duty has been laid upon you! You must rise up and except it. Be careful and reunite the elves!'

~Master to Butler Vilora

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:55 pm 

Oriana let him tug her along for a while, her eyes still latched on the scene behind them. It was two minutes later that she came out of her fugue, broke free from Elleth's hand, and started running freely through the treeline to the lakeshore. The copse of oaks was like an old friend, and just as she got to the front of it she heard a sound like fracturing glass, and the world behind them went quiet for a moment.

That silence had the taint of madness in it, if she listened too long or carefully. The boats were two-person recreation vehicles, but she knew there had to be a trademen's boat somewhere, they used it to go on long trips..

After a few minutes of frantic searching, she decided the drying boat-racks were a lost cause and ran to the shoreline, ignoring Elleth in her panic and desire to flee that awful lack of sound. The boat she was looking for had been anchored under a willow, further off then the rest of the boats and mostly obscured. She could see from here there was light cargo on it, but she knew they could dump off what they didn't need to gain speed.

Dragging it out form behind the willows, she got in and got the oars ready. It was only when she was about to push off that she remembered Elleth, but apparently he'd been with her the whole time, looking and flipping boats. It's amazing what fear can do to you. He must have pushed them off of the soft shoreline, because suddenly the river was carrying them, Oriana working the oars unceasingly, refusing to stop and hand them off to Elleth until they were safe.

About twenty minutes later, the hairs on the back of her neck quit standing on end. She passed the oars over without a word, and started to look at the cargo in the boat, trying to decide what to toss over and what to keep. They would travel faster without half of this junk. Her mind ept carrying her back to what had just happened, but Oriana was shoving it aside as hard as she could.

After a while, she spoke. Her voice was entirely different, emotion thickening that musical voice.

" Once we hit civilization, we part ways. Eckl and his cause can rot for all I care. He lied to me my whole life and I don't owe him a damned thing."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:30 pm 

Elleth looked at Oriana, he continued rowing. He was in shock, it was still on his pale face. Eckl had said he was giving his life for them!!! How could Oriana not do what he asked. He shook his head a few times, "I...."

Words failed Elleth, he opened and closed his mouth a few times, finally he pulled the oars in and set them down. The boat stopped moving.

"Look I am literally in the same boat as you! I have no idea what just happened but my master just died! He was the only family I knew! And he is GONE! Gone! His last words were spent with you!!! Not me, I don't have anything! Just a mission to protect you! By all the powers in this world I will do that! Not for you but for Eckl!"

Elleth's face was red now and he could feel a torrent of emotions flowing from him, the sea started to play illusions that were on Elleth's mind. All around them suddenly the air was filled with the scene from the school, Eckl running against the dark lord, people falling dead.

Elleth gasped and closed his eyes, trying to gain control he closed off his flow of magic, he gasped, the sudden flow of magic being stopped took his breath away.

"I.... I.... i'm sorry, I have never lost control like that.... I just can't believe it, he's gone Oriana! Gone!" Tears poured down Elleth's face, "Please tell me what he said to you. I need to know!"

~Master to Butler Vilora

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:00 am 

" I'll show you. It will be easier for you to hear that way, I'd imagine."

She touched the surface of the water outside of the boat with her hand, and in the sidewake of the waves coming off of the boat the image of Eckl appeared. Every ripple distorted his face, but the faint facsimile of his voice was so real it gave her goosebumps. He was dead now. Eckl, who had taught her how to walk, was dead.

She was holding the bag with the crown, the papers, the bracelet. While Elleth heard Eckl's last words her mind drifted to the prophesy that had made her an orphan. That wasn't what Eckl had told her, buit the ring of truth to it was disturbingly accurate.

Then Eckl's words cycled to him telling Elleth his mission, she cancelled out her spell wordlessly, leaving her hand to trail in the water. Her fingertips were already numb from shock, so she wasn't uncomfortable with the cold.

" That's what he told me. And we may be in the same boat, but unlike you, I just found out that the man who raised me did it because he had an agenda. Because I was important. And he kept us a secret from the other on purpose, can't you see that? We were both orphans, both his direct pupils, and somehow we never knew or met?"

Her eyebrows were narrowed in barely reigned back fury.

" I am not a puppet. Nobody tells me what to do, where to go, or to let soemone else protect me like I'm some sort of child."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:23 pm 

Elleth stared off into the water, everything he kinda understood Oriana, their worlds had been turned upside down, hers more so than his. He shook his head, "Look I am sorry! I don't understand it all either! But I know Eckl meant to protect you! Listen to the prophecy! He couldn't let us know each other because it would be natural for us to form a strong friendship! The prophecy talks about that! Someone close to you is going to be the end of you! This prophecy speaks of you death! How could Eckl not be careful! But at least you know now who your parents were, at least you know where you are from...."

Elleth brushed his hand across his face to get rid of the tears, "I still don't know, and I probably never will. Please let me go with you and protect you. Not because Eckl told us but because we want to. You can't go off on you own, you heard it back there! That.... dark lord was looking for you! You aren't safe and you will need help. Please.... we can decide about going to the elves later okay but at least let us go to Erech and find these people Eckl spoke of."

~Master to Butler Vilora