All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Animal Rights - IC
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:48 am 

Owner

Medals: 14
Villain of the Month (2) Original Character (1)
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Angela took one final steadying breath before she took the small trip to the water's edge, the colder temperature making her shiver a bit. Still she knew the only way to get over the sensation was to just dive right in and get it over with. So with a final deep breath she pushed off and dove into the water, the cold water stealing her breath away though at the same time filling her with a kind of exhilaration. With breath held and her strong limbs working in perfect unison together it was not long before she found herself with the others.

Coming up for air she treaded water easily as she looked between the two Ferals whom she could possibly call friends. Never really had friends before, sure she use to run around with the Poachers and she and Cody even had somewhat of a things before. Still throughout all of that she was never fully open, never truly herself. Always guarded and defensive, even with Cody, the thought of opening up and letting someone get close to her to know the real her was a scary thought to Angela. She worried that if she let them get close she would get hurt when they would eventually leave her; just like her parents. So why was she here swimming with Ferals? Those whom she was suppose to hate, here she was having fun and relaxing. What had gotten into her? Why the change?

Maybe it was just that, it was time for a change...Angela knew that she could not have kept up the hate forever. It was not something that her parents wanted for her, she knew this, felt this to be true. Holding onto hate for so long was not healthy and ended up hurting the one doing the hating more then those whom the hate was directed at. She had a future of some sort to get ready for, one involving a career and hopefully a family to call her own one day so she needed to let go of the past and look to the future. Like that Disney movie she watched that one time years ago, she had to "Keep moving forward". The past had been holding her back and now was the time to change, time for the first step toward her new life.

With this in mind she swam to her new friends, it was with this in mind that she spoke to Kat "Don't worry about your scarf. You wont be able to help me splash and dunk Donta if you are worried about it" the smile upon her lips was a genuine one as she winked then made a b-line for the still floating Donta. There was no hesitation as she began to splash the somewhat helpless Donta, her laughter ringing out true and clear as for the first time in a long time Angela was just being Angela.

"Any fool can write. It takes a genius to read"~Dadsky.
"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:13 am 

The Scarlet Harlot of CF

Medals: 9
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Most Dedicated (1)
Blog: View Blog (10)

Kiara stood stareing at the ocean. Her eyes focusing in on the small group at shore. Splashing, and swimming without a care in the world.She sure wasn't dressed for going swimmin. What with a green dress on. Plus she absolutley hates the idea of getting into water and ruining her pretty dress. However, she loved to soak her feet in the damp sand,and feel the water brush over her toes. This trivial arguement in her head lasted about 2 seconds.Ahh what the hell couldn't hurt to sit a little closer to the water.

The past few days have been hectic for her. With no where's to go since her parents left. They told that they would be back in a couple of days.And yet never returned. Fact is their either dead, or don't care anymore.Giveing up their battle on the feral council to make a better future with ferals, and humans.Her being a only child made it worse. She couldn't rely on anyone to keep her compuny. So instead, she travels around the town. Constantly thinking about joining the school. But a recent terriost attack happened, and now her ability to even think of going there is ruined.

So kiara often wandered aimlessy around the own. Avoiding humans, and some ferals. Trying in vein to find a nice,decent friend. All the friend's she would make...would laugh, or run away after a while. It wasn't as if she was left with nothing. Her parents owned a house, and left her as owner. Plu a good stack of money. Yet, all she really wanted was a friend.

She often came to the beach because it was a nice place to sit and think for a while.

She wandered closer to the group. But not enough to actually be considered part of the group. Her respect for them as whole to just freely be friends surprised her. For she was a loner, and very rarely found a friend. But she yearned for that kind of relationship with friends.She yearned for the freedom to not cae about wheather you were a human, or a feral.

How lucky of them.She sighed. Allowing her bare feet to soak in the sand. While resting her back against the heated gold sand.The sky was a perfect blue,not a cloud to be seen.Birds flew carelessy, and the wind was like a cool kiss on the cheek.But she felt awkward wearing her long dress. Yet, this was the place she commonly came to getaway from being lonely, and just listen to the waves crashing against the sand.The ocean sparkled with how the sun hung above it.Just so that the ocean looked like a deep rich sapphire blue.

She laughed. I must seem like a such a werd feral. Dressed up highly while on the beach. Probably think im a noble feral.Her green eyes wacthing with admiration as they splashed other.This world...if only we could live in peace...but then what would the humans have? They fight proudly to prove who's the best.Again she laugh at what a fool she was. She there was little hope of a world like that. Yet, she wished for one...so bad.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:32 am 

My hands sliced into the water and I frantically kicked my legs behind me, pushing my body through the cool waves of the ocean in an attempt to get as far away as I could. I had been swimming for hours, and though my body ached from the physical activity, I wasn't tired. Instead, my mind was overwhelmed with what had just happened, replaying the events over and over again, in an attempt to comprehend what took place earlier. I couldn't understand, let alone believe what I had done.

"What have I become?" I thought to myself.

I tried reliving the last few years in my head, trying to understand what would have brought me to take a life, but everything seemed like a blur. All I could remember were the chants, the drills, the constant yelling and hammering of the words "No pain" being yelled into my ear.

My body felt different, heavier than I remember, and I couldn't remember the last time I slept. A thousand things were going through my mind when suddenly I began feeling the temperature of the water change. Sounds of laughter, chatter, and splashing filled my ears. I didn't have to exert as much energy as I swam and when my senses finally came to, I realized I had reached the shallow shores of a breath taking beach, filled with life.

I brought my feet to the wet sand underneath the water and lifted myself up, only grown out in pain. My hand immediately went to my left side where I realized I hadn't been stitched from earlier, but the bleeding seemed slow. It was then that I noticed I was completely unclothed.

As I made my way onto the warm damp sand, my tail scooped up a towel lying on the beach. I brought it up to my arm, wrapping it quickly around my waist to cover up as much of myself as I could, while trying to remain as inconspicuous as possible. There was a group of ferals, accompanied by a woman, all of them in their late teens, swimming in the water not too far from where I was now standing. They all had a mixture of emotions on their faces, but I tried not paying much mind to them as I did not want to be noticed at this point by anyone.

I attempted to blend in the best I could, trying to get my bearings, but I couldn't help but feel like everyone was watching me. It had been far too long since I had been come into contact with anyone outside the facility, and even longer since I felt the warm rays of the sun penetrating my fur and blanketing my skin, or the crisp breeze whirling through the air. I attempted to take in as much of the weather as possible, when a newscast brought my ears to attention.

"......was attacked yesterday by a group known as The Poachers. Many ferals lost their lives but the resolve of the school stays strong as classes are in session. The Principal was adamant about continuing school as scheduled in an attempt to sh....CLICK"

The man in the beach chair changed the radio station to an uplifting song. I began walking up the beach, but after a few steps, realized that my body desperately needed rest. Noticing a set of rocks at the far end of the sandy shores, I started making my way towards them, my hand firmly cupped over the now bleeding gash in my left side.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:53 pm 

SHE'S DEAD!

Blog: View Blog (1)

(sorry it's a bit short)

A light ocean breeze rolled by filing his nostrils with it’s calming scent.

“Dan” his mother called

“Dan, Come help me with this last box”.

Dan let out an annoyed grunt and then walked towards the drive way to help out. He grabbed one end of the large cardboard box and lifted it onto his back. “What was the point of moving anyway” he said “We’re in the same place, and being near the beach is kind of dangerous.” He said which took extra force due to the weight on his back. “Oh come on” she said “It’s a better house in a great location and the orphanage is only ten minutes from here” before he could counter she continued on “there’s also a school going through an integration period over here so you can make lots of human friends too”. He smiled.

Once the box was unpacked the house was set up so he decided to head off to the beach before heading into the stress of an all new school. He walked to the beach in his plain red trunks and took in the sight. He set up his stuff before finally rushing at top speed and diving into the cool water. The beach was one of his favorite places, which was admittedly one of the good points of living so nearby. Dan walked to where he set out his towel but the smell of blood brought his attention to a man wearing a towel.He traveled over to where the man was and his eyes were instantly drawn to the slow stream of blood flowing from his side. His eyes widened in surprise “Sir. Are you alright” he said, knowing that it was kind of a dumb question. “Do you need some help sir” he said. Another dumb question

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:07 pm 

The smell of the sea air was intoxicating, and despite the burning pain from my side, I could not help but find a great deal of serenity knowing that I was free. I walked towards a desolate group of rocks, where I could tend to my wound, enjoying every bit of sensation that the warm sand underneath my feet sent up, through my body.

This was freedom...freedom at last.

And then, reality set back in, I felt as though I was being watched still. I had to get towards a quiet secluded area, and quickly, before my wound got worse, and I had to do so in a manner that wouldn't draw any attention.

"Sir. Are you alright?"

The sound of a young voice, male's, suddenly filled my ears, causing them to rise to attention. I stopped, dead in my tracks, not sure how to comprehend what was said. There was a genuine sense of concern in the teenager's voice, a sense of concern that I hadn't heard in many years. I looked over at him. He was a feral, some sort of canine type, wolf, perhaps a fox.

"Do you need some help sir?" He asked again.

I took a moment to respond, perhaps instinctively weighing out my options before opening my mouth.

"I'll be ok," I said quietly. "But, you wouldn't happen to be able to get me a First Aid kit...would you?"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:41 pm 

SHE'S DEAD!

Blog: View Blog (1)

Dan was confused for a moment having heard that word used in history books and then realized what it meant. "I have a mitotic regenerative unit at my house, but it's too big to carry out of my house" he said pointing towards his house. "My house is right over there, but if you can't make it there I can bring my car over" he said fearing that it might come off as offensive. He caught the man's gaze. It was steely, hard gaze flecked with both relief and remorse. Emotion so opposite yet so clear; not on his face but in his eyes. Suddenly the world snapped back into it’s place and he realized the situation.

Dan shook his head breaking the awkward stare he was doing. He stopped worrying over formalities and turned toward his house. “I’ll be back with my truck” he said before running off.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:07 am 

Perusing the site to jump back in...

Medals: 5
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)

He felt comfortable floating in the water, a little chilly for his taste but his fur did its job and kept him warm. His pink wings stretching out under the water feeling the currents beneath the surface. He felt the current get stronger, as if something was swimming beneath him, then Kat surfaced beside him.

Donta looked over, noticing the missing scarf right away and he smiled, "There you are." Embarrassed she went under to search for her scarf, but he was faster, grabbing her arm to pull her back to the surface, "Leave it. I'll get you a new one. You don't need it, really." Donta kept treading water in front of her and he put a hand on her shoulder, "Don't be so shy. There's nothing wrong with you."

His words were cut off by a wall of water that had crashed over his head. He coughed and spit out water, turning to see Angela deviously preparing another barrage of water.

"Hey now. Be nice." he said, slowly backing away. A slight land breeze drifted from shore and he caught a slight scent of blood, but then another spray of water hit him in the face, this time salt water went up his nose.

Coughing he struggled to catch his breath but something seemed to grab his legs and wrapped around them. At first he thought Kat was joking around like Angela, but when he slipped under the water, the current seemed to drag him down sharply and the blurred images of both Kat and Angela above him got further and further away.

He first cursed his idea of coming out so far to where it was this deep, then he tried to calm down to get out of this mess. The worst thing you can do is panic. That's when people drown. His lungs were burning as he struggled to break free of whatever had grabbed him, his paws doing little to pull him up. Moving his wings were useless too, all that did was make him tumble over so he was upside down. Now staring at the bright sun above the surface, he finally saw what it was that had bound his legs.

His breath finally let go and rose in a torrent of bubbles to the surface, the last sight he saw was Kat's scarf wrapped tightly around his legs before passing out.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:39 am 

Blog: View Blog (7)

"Leave it. I'll get you a new one. You don't need it, really."

Kat's hand flew to her face, she was self conscious, almost ridiculously so about her face. She had always been told she had lovely eyes, but the rest of her face was too close to animal to be considered pretty, at least by some. A squall of water rushed over her and Donta before she could react to his sort-of compliment. Eyes wild, Kat looked to see the source, a smiling, laughing Angela. With a great laugh, Kat's arms glided through the water, a w all of water following in their wake. She looked at the result, Angela thoroughly doused, she turned to see Donta's reaction, and launch an attack on him. Where was he?

With a smile, "I think Donta is trying to outdo us, Angela, well... it... won't..." She turned slowly, "WORK!" She slid quickly under the water, prepared to spray a jet of ink. What she saw was not Donta readying an assault, but Donta, drifting away with the current, her scarf wrapped around his hind legs. With a deep gasp, She breached, "Angela, get on land, get a towel." With this she dove once more under the water, her slender form jetting towards Donta's limp one. With almost too much force, she collided with him, her arms wrapping around his waist, her tentacles blossoming, spinning her and Donta, entwined. With her one solid movement, she launched herself towards the surface, Without slowing, she breached, a sight to see indeed. 20 or so feet of tentacles followed by a vaguely female torso and head reminiscent of squid and woman, along with the limp body of a creature, doused, covered in wet fur breaking the surface of the water with enough force to make it a good distance before once again meeting the water.

Within seconds Kat and Donta were on the beach, Kat's back had a number of small scrapes from the rocks lining the beach, "Angela!" She called, hefting Donta onto his back. "Can you do CPR?" Kat had never taken the class, and her lungs were currently full of water, so she doubted she could help very much.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:50 pm 

Owner

Angela smiled at her handy work of getting both Donta and Kat, Donta was trying to tell her to play nice which she was really given just who it was that she was playing with. Those who knew Angela would have never thought that she would be playing and socializing with Ferals yet here she was doing it and trying to make the best of it too.

Donta dove down for what she assumed to be a sneak attack but she was unable to do much of anything about it with Kat suddenly, practically drowning her in a rather large wave of water. Sputtering a bit as she came back to the surface she blew the water from her nose as she pushed her hair back from her face.

"HEY! Now that was really not fair!" she said in mock anger while she grinned watching Kat slip underwater to get Donta who had still not surfaced yet. From there it was when things took a turn for the worst, Kat came back up telling Angela to get to shore and to get a towel. She knew it had to be about Donta so she wasted no time in thinking or trying to get more information instead she powered back to shore, literally. With the aid of her artificial limbs she was able to get back before any normal human could have possibly done, though getting there she noted how one of the towels was missing this information being put to back of her mind for later as she grabbed another.

The sight of Kat breaching on the shore was a rather impressive one, goes to show someone just how strong a person could really be despite their outer appearance. Still she was ready and rushed to the pair as she rolled Donta over asking if she knew how to perform CPR. Crap, she knew how, hell she even made it a point to take the class that taught Feral CPR but that was out of curiosity not with the thought of ever actually using it on a Feral. But Donta had helped her and she was trying to be a new person so with that in mind she set to work...

Tilting his head back, she opened his mouth then began the chest compressions remembering what she learned in class about Feline and Bat ferals their bone density and such so that she could apply the proper amount of pressure to his chest without cracking ribs. Counting off five she then leaned down pinching his nose closed and breathing into his mouth for two breathes, then she went back to the chest compressions. She knew given the time he had been under had not been too long so they had a great shot at reviving him and she was not about to stop the CPR till someone pulled her from his body.

"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:22 pm 

Cypher was aware the three were playing in the water, and when Donta slipped beneath the water, he stood up and scanned the spot where he vanished, counting the milliseconds he was under. Alarms started going off when he passed the time a normal person could stay under and he started forwards but stopped short when Katrina burst from the water with Donta in his arms.

He stood over him as Angela performed CPR, realizing that without a pair of lungs, he was pretty useless to help.

Pain surged through his chest as he suddenly spewed up salt water, breaking out into a fit of coughing he rolled over, lying on the knees of whoever was kneeling over him. His head still swimming he coughed up more water and his vision cleared, finally noticing the crowd he had attracted. Looking up he saw Angela hovering over him and he rolled off of her legs, feeling drained and he groggily stared up at the sky.

"Thanks, Angela." he muttered. Cypher kneeled down and looked him over, taking Donta's wrist in his hands.

"Vitals returning to normal." he stated, "He's going to be fine. Angela. Katrina. Thank you. You've saved his life."

"Yeah that was stupid of me." Donta groaned, "Lucky you two were there to help." he turned and forced a smile to reassure them that he was fine, but his eyes fell on Katrina's scrapes, "Are you alright?"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:32 am 

"Vitals returning to normal." he stated, "He's going to be fine. Angela. Katrina. Thank you. You've saved his life."

"Yeah that was stupid of me." Donta groaned, "Lucky you two were there to help." he turned and forced a smile to reassure them that he was fine, but his eyes fell on Katrina's scrapes, "Are you alright?"

Kat sighed heavily, the hand falling from her chest, she had been gripping in fear. "I'm glad you're alright." She mumbled, her voice cracking. She sighed once more, relieved that everyone was alright, and that she had managed to help. It felt good, she felt confident, somehow powerful.

"What?" She moved a hand over her back, she hadn't felt them initially, but now tiny beads of blood outlined the scrapes. "I'll be fine, I'll just have to remember to tell my parents so they can desalinate the house... Salt water and wounds don't mix well." She laughed, passing off the slight injuries as nothing. Her skin, thicker than others', was slow to heal, but didn't bleed much, her circulation slow. She looked from her back, to Donta's legs, the scarf had been removed by the force of the breaching, but she still felt guilty. In an attempt to shake herself free of it, for now at least, she spoke up, clearing her throat, and forcing another smile, "So I think it's lunchtime, right?" She laughed a bit, but her stomach grumbled slightly in acquiescence. She laughed slightly, she would have blushed, her hand moved over her stomach, covered by the black one piece swim-suit.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:52 am 

Cybernetic ears had no trouble catching the grumbling of Kat's stomach. Cypher left Donta's side to go to Kat, kneeling beside her to examine her injuries, his face not showing a hint of emotion.

"Minor lacerations. The bleeding has already stopped." he stated, "It is currently already past the normal lunch time for most people. Perhaps we should eat."

"Yeah good idea." Donta said, sitting up. The crowd now gone back to their own business, the lifeguard only now showing up after weaving through pitched umbrellas and the many coolers and things scattered across the beach.

"Who was in trouble?" he asked. Donta raised his hand lazily. The Human looked him over with a quizzical look, then said, "Are you alright? Anything broken? Can you breathe okay?

"I'm fine now." he said.

"Alright. Take care then." he said, grabbed his float and ran off back to his station to resume his duties. There was an awkward silence then Donta stood on shaky legs at first, then stretched, his pink wings extending to their fullest.

"Yes. I'm hungry too. Let's hit up that burger place over there with the patio." he said, "My treat."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:03 am 

Owner

Angela knelt there for probably longer then was necessary, trying to get her thoughts and feelings together. She had done it....she had saved him life by giving him mouth to mouth...by being so physically close, almost intimate with a feral. Oddly enough she was not sick or anything like she thought that she would be, instead she was just confused. Looking down at Donta for the brief moment as he rested his head on her legs she felt herself blush a bit, from what she was not sure but it was there and then gone as quickly as it came. She knelt there in the sand somewhat numb to the conversation around her. Her mind slowly catching up to everything around her so that she actually jumped a bit when Donta stood then extended his wings.

"Yeah...lunch would be cool...specially if Donta is treating. Though I think that its going to be a couple of lunches before we are repaid for saving him" she teased lightly as she grabbed up a towel and wrapped it about her waist.

Not saying another word she went and got Kat's chair for her so that she could climb into it, her mind now wondering again why her foster parents were not at home earlier. She was having a bad feeling about it all but was not sure what to do about it or if there was really anything for her to be concerned about. Perhaps after she got done with lunch she would head home, they should be back by now as her foster mother was not one to be out and about when there was house work to be done.

Once Kat was ready she would help her along through the sand and walk with everyone else toward that burger place that Donta had suggested.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:40 am 

Kat edged herself into the chair, smiling, she had successfully pushed guilt from her mind. She sighed as she looked from Donta to Angela, She was so proud that Angela had changed, but was still unsure of how much she had actually changed. She didn't like the doubt that tinged her view of Angela, but it was something she just couldn't shake. Angela was miss popular, pretty and well-liked, not to mention outspoken against ferals, and yet, here she was, saving Donta's life... the kiss of life. She had done so much to help, why were these thoughts still there?

Kat escaped her mind as her stomach gurgled at the mention of burgers at Donta's treat. Kat laughed, "Sounds good, They have a new Cheeseburger with eight strips of bacon and three slices of cheese, it's supposed to be the most unhealthy item on the menu... I kinda want to try it." She laughed, she had done enough to work of the nearly a thousand calories of the artery clogging sandwich. With a dull whir her chair dug into the sand as the motor clicked in protest, "wha?" She looked down, The wheels had dug tiny graves of their own as the motor tried it's best to push the girl's girth. "Oh, sand bad..." After a second, Kat let out a hauntingly pure laugh, she was sincerely enjoying herself. A feeling that should have made her uneasy, it had before, it always lead to disappointment, but she was so happy to have friends that it was easy to enjoy the salty air, the cool breeze and the jokes.

With assistance from Angela, Kat's chair began moving again, the beach's sand a death trap for the motor, which expelled the sand easily enough. Upon hitting the concrete, the motor kicked in and Kat was propelled forward with a sudden jerk that caught her so off-guard that she released a slight yelp that was stunningly uncharacteristic. She laughed once again, her face buried in her palms. "That was graceful." She commented, wrapping her tentacles around the legs of the chair, and pulling her towel over her lap. She felt for the scarf that normally adorned her head... With sudden realization she remembered it was gone... but... no one had said anything. She had felt so normal that it completely slipped her mind. With a glance back at Angela and Donta, she noticed a gaggle of girls on the beach staring at her. She clenched her jaw, determined she wouldn't let them ruin her day, but she felt so bad, what if Angela still didn't want to be seen with ferals, what if these girls would remark on her skin... or face... or mouth. She was so self-conscious, and it showed as her shoulders tensed, and her arms crossed protectively in front of her. She looked away from the girls, to the van, "I think Donta owes us food?" Her voice slightly more somber, she wasn't going to force a jubilant tone, instead she simply wheeled off to the van, not wanting to hinder the day.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:50 pm 

Donta led the group across the parking lot to the burger place and took a large patio. As they sat down, the menus appeared under the surface of the glass table and Donta tapped an order of burger and fries, then turned to look at the coast.

So much had happened in the past few days. He had saved the school, and almost died in that short period. Never before did he ever even think of doing such a thing to stand out. He always ran out when fire alarms rang, looked the other way when he saw muggings in the street. He never joined any clubs or sports and rarely socialized at all because both he and his mother were worried his secret would get out. Now it was different. He had friends he could trust.

"Donta?"

He turned around to see Kate standing beside the table, pulling up a chair to sit beside him.

"What'cha guys up to?" she asked.

"Just ordered. You want anything?" he asked. Kate skimmed the menu and tapped a milkshake, making the menu vanish from the surface of the table.

"Thanks." she said. A lady wearing an apron came by and served the drinks, then went back inside the restaurant, "So I suppose you guys are here trying to keep your mind off of what happened?"

"Yeah I suppose. It's going well so far." he said.

"You call almost drowning 'going well'?" Osiph snapped from his arm device. He knew it was waterproof which is why he didn't bother taking it off, yet he was confused as to why she decided only now to say anything.

"You almost drowned?!" she gasped, "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine now." he said, "Kat and Angela saved me. I was lucky they were there."

"Angela helped save you?" she asked. She knew Angela to not like ferals much but as she glanced across the table at her, she seemed to be enjoying herself with them. Then there was an odd boy sitting across the table wearing an odd helmet. In fact, he seemed to be wearing some sort of armor, "Who's the kid?"

"I am not a child, miss." he said, "I am Cypher. An android." Again, another surprise. Being from the country, she had only heard of technology so advanced. It was a while before she caught herself staring.

"Donta, you have interesting friends." she said. This made Donta smile. The whole having friends thing really made him happy. His smile slowly faded when he heard a familiar van pull up to the restaurant. Then he smelled his mother's familiar scent before she rounded the corner in an almost frantic rush. She stopped to catch her breath once she saw them sitting around the table.

"Yes, Mom. I'm fine." he said before she asked. He knew she was overprotective and didn't have to ask how she knew about it. Osiph was probably staying silent because she told on him, yet it didn't matter. He patted the seat beside him and she walked over to sit down, not saying a word. Still, the screen she was carrying had his current vitals. He smiled softly to himself. She was that worried about him, yet didn't want to make a scene about it in front of his new friends.

"So you're Donta's mother? Hi, I'm Kate! I live next door." she said, holding out her hand across Donta. Rane took it and smiled,

"Yes, it's nice to meet you." she said, "Donta, won't you introduce me to the rest of your friends?"

"Sure. Mom, this is Angela and Katherine. They're both in my class. And this is Cypher." he said, "Everyone, this is my Mother, Rane."

"Oh, I've met Cypher. He came by this morning after you left for school." she said, "He just sent me an email about what happened. I was worried so I came over, but it looks like you're fine."

"I have good friends." he said. His mother smiled, her eyes welling.

"Yes. It's about time too." she said, "I should let you guys continue your afternoon." She went to get up but Donta caught her shoulder.

"Stay. Order something. I'm sure you won't embarrass me too much." he said. She nodded and turned on the menu to order something as Donta eyed Cypher from across the table, surprised it was him instead of Osiph who had told his mother.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:16 pm 

Owner

Angela sat there watching those around her and wondered just what it was that she was doing? A person could not change over night, forget about everything that she had stood for and fought for. Yet here she was...sitting with Ferals and even shooting those nosy girls from school a dark look which got them moving along. Perhaps...just perhaps she could do this, could live her life like this and put the past behind her...maybe?

Though when Donta's mother arrived Angela could not help but tense up as she watched the two interact, remembering how she did not have her own parents because of ferals. Anger and pain flared up for a moment though she managed to control herself, still she no longer had an appetite and decided that she had enough fun for one afternoon. Standing up from the table she manged to smile, though it was somewhat strained as she looked around the table.

"Sorry guys...but um...I think I should get home. Just...you know...its been a long day...and I had some stuff to do at home. So...I will just grab my stuff and catch the bus. That way you guys can enjoy the rest of your afternoon. I will just see you guys in school tomorrow...or whatever..." she rambled on in an uncomfortable manner before giving a small wave and heading back to the beach to grab up her clothes and get dressed.

Glancing at her phone she saw that she could probably get home in about an hour and not be in too much trouble for being out without them knowing or their permission. With that in mind she continued to get dressed before heading off to the bus stop, her hands tucked into the front pockets of her jeans as she walked.