All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bloody Shadows
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:05 am 
Savior

Medals: 4
Veteran Member (1) Supporter (3)
Blog: View Blog (0)

The city of Solace, most would agree that it is a poor name for this city. It started off living up to its name but steadily fell from grace. For the past two years the city has taken a steep fall, and now it seems as if crime, murder and gang violence has taken complete control. It get particularly bad at night when it seems that violence just completely erupts out onto the streets in massive gang wars that the police seem unable or unwilling to stop… Of course this is only what the general public knows, the truth is far worse.

The city is in a state of war with itself as supernatural forces (mostly werewolves and vampires) clash in hatred, intent on completely annihilating the other. The fighting has been bloody and especially fierce between the Black Rose pack and the vampires. Some of the other supernatural beings are calling to join one side or the other while others call for peace. The fighting has grown so bad as well that it is getting harder for the supernaturals to hide their presence. Fortunately for the moment the public is being kept in the dark by the supernaturals pulling threads in the media but an unexpected and dangerous mortal group is also aiding in hiding the presence of supernatural beings. A black ops organization called Task Force: Valkerie (TFV), group whose existence is kept secret even from the president, has arrived in the city to remove the supernatural dangers from the city… by any means necessary save for ones that would expose the existence of supernaturals and/or TFV…

It was a small church found in one of the poorer districts of the city nestled between some larger apartment complexes but it was a place that felt different from anywhere else in city. While the rest of the city you always had this uneasy feeling that you were going to die, be preyed upon, or just unexplainable hatred, the area around this church just seemed to radiate hope and strength of better days. The church almost was demolished a couple months back when a young man came by and purchased the property. Now the church was private property and the interior converted/added to allow for several people to now live inside.

Despite this though, the people who live there now will occasionally do charity drives and provide meals for the poor out in front of the church. Even this peaceful building has been touched by the violence of the city, and on more than one occasion since the young man bought the property has been attacked by gangs. It has always survived though and rebuilt from the minor damages it has suffered. Police have done investigations into the man, the group who stay at the church, and even the property itself to try and understand the gang attacks on the building but have turned up nothing.

As with most things in the city now, the church is more than it seems. The truth is this small church is the Chameleon’s base of operations, the only place where one can easily find a Chameleon. If the police were actually allowed onto the property and the rights to a full search… AND knew where to look they might have found a small armory with handguns and Kevlar vests that the Chameleons keep incase of emergencies.

At the moment though, the normal calmness that the churched filled people with was overridden as a small group came in through one of the back doors, some of them covered in dirt and blood. One man with dark blond and, at the moment, had a bleeding claw mark across his face carried a young woman with flaming red hair as well as a huge chunk of her shoulder missing… looking as if the flesh had almost been melted or burned off. Four more followed in behind them: One serious looking man with brown hair who stopped at the door as if keeping an eye out for trouble, A girl with deep black hair no more than seventeen years of age leading an almost hysterical blond in a tattered white dress, and lastly a man looking like he was not completely there in the head with his blue wizard robes. The dirty blond man put the young woman he was carrying down carefully on a nearby table now exposing his gray polo shirt covered in blood, bite, and claw marks.

“Danar!! Get over here now!!” he growled and the man in the wizard robes jumped for a second before nervously moving over to them. The man glared at Danar’s blue eyes with his own dark green eyes. “Can you heal her?!?!” He almost shouted. Danar looked at the wound nervously, “I..I… I’m…. not….” The man stammered. Brian had had enough at that point and grabbed the man by the robes and looked at him with his clawed face. “Simple answer Danar: yes or no which is it?” Danar took a shaky breath before nodding, “Yes, I should be able to heal some of it.” Brian let him go. “Get to it then.” He snarled before walking away towards another room, “Takara! Iggy! With me now…” The man by the door and the seventeen year old followed him. There was an old light that engulfed the red-heads shoulder as the mage Danar proceeded to heal what he could…

The other room was sort of like a living room with couches and chairs but the main piece that drew everyone’s attention was always the pure white worn cross hanging on the wall. The calmness and hope that filled the area all seemed to radiate out from that cross but no one at the moment was feeling particularly comfortable. Brian walked to the center of the room before turning around to face his subordinates. “I want you both to hit the streets and find out who those people were, who hired them, and how the hell they knew what we were.” The police detective and street hacker both nodded in understanding before they turn to leave. Detective Iggy left but Takara stopped at the door and turned around to face Brian. “Are you going to be all right Brian? She really did a number on you back there. Are you sure…” Brian butted in, “No I’m not going to do anything to Elizabeth. She had every right to lose control, a man pointed a shotgun at her sister. I’m just glad no one else got hurt… Though I wish she hadn’t rushed the man like that but hopefully she’ll learn from her mistake.” He let out a sigh glancing back to the kitchen where a member of his pack was lying on a table injured, “I’m going to head over to the Black Rose territory and see if this new information will change their minds or at least give them pause for a moment.” Takara started to say something but stopped herself and changed her response, “I’ll tell Danar then to keep an eye on Elizabeth and Natasha then.” And with that she left.

Brian stood there in silence for several more seconds before turning and walking over to the cross. Standing before it, he started to draw the spiritual energy that radiated from it and slowly his wounds started to close and heal until not even a scar remained. Satisfied that he was back up to full strength he went to his room to retrieve a different shirt and wipe any remaining blood off of him. He settled for a dark blue polo shirt but unlike the other shirt it wasn’t bound to him and thus wouldn’t change with him but he a shirt was just minor concern for him at the moment. Satisfied that he was ready as he’d ever be, Brian set out to face his former alpha and pack over the growing crisis in the city.

Through a combination of public transportation and good old fashion walking, Brian made it to the edge of the Black Rose pack’s ‘official’ territory as the sky started to turn to dusk. He stood there for a second before taking his shirt off to change into his wolf form to howl and announce his presence to the Black Rose pack. He was being honorable and giving the choice of seeing him there, leading him to her, or ignoring him entirely rather than sneaking in to force a meeting. He shifted back to his human for and put his shirt back on as he waited for their reaction…

Message to all TFV agents: Teams Helios and Luna will be meeting at prearranged locations at 0000 hours local time. Make sure all personal assignments are completed before this time because they will be suspended until a later date. As always, ensure security and secrecy of TFV… This message will self-delete in…………

eferhilda 08-28-2008 03:09 AM
Shey lay sleeping in a den in her wolf form, nestled in among her other pack mates when she heard his call. Brian. She thought to herself as her head raised as well as several of the large males who were her personal body guards. *I'll handle this. Patrol the area and let me know of any others.* she sent to them, they all nodded and got up disappearing out of the den to carry out her orders.

Her rich brown fur shown in the light of the moon as she exited the den, stretching first her front legs and then her rear; giving a yawn she shakes out her fur. Scenting the air she can get a faint scent of him, but no others. So he has come alone. It must be fairly urgent for him to do that, she thinks to herself as she gives a long howl alerting him to her intent to meet him. Then she is moving through the trees her fur blowing in the wind as she moves like a ghost among the shadows and shades of the forest night. There is not even the rustling of leaves or wild life as she moves through her forest, her home, the home of her people, her pack. She was the mistress of these woods and welcomed the cool embrace of the night air against the warm fur of her body. What she loved most was the pure joy that still came to her when she ran through the ancient trails and pathways from wolves come and gone. She loved being a werewolf, finding no shame in what she was born, deeming it a great honor to be so blessed.

As she neared him his scent grew stronger, as well as the scent of blood that was both his own and someone else; female from what she could tell and there was a lot of it too. They must have been in some kind of a fight, with something fairly tough to injure them so. This raised a bit of concern and sped up her playful run through the woods to one of some urgency. Though Brian and his pack were no longer a part of the Black Rose Pack did not mean she was not concerned about them and their well being. On top of that they were werewolves and anyone death of a werewolf hurt them all, it weakened the blood and therefore the pack.

Cresting a small hill she sees the outline of his silhouette his scent near over powering her mixed as it was with all the blood. As she approaches him she allows the change to leave her slowly one part at a time till her booted feet step into the clearing, her hands running up the length of her blue jeans before being tuck into the pocket of the jean jacket she wore over the black tee shirt. She tosses back her thick hair as she looks at him a moment studying him gauging his power before she speaks, "What brings you here Brian?"

I am the darkness that surrounds me, I am the air that surrounds me, I am the land that hides me, I wait to strike, From the darkness, I wait to kill, From out of thin air, I am invisible, And I am silent death. Prayer of Invisibility from The Imperial Infantryman's Uplifting Primer

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Bloody Shadows
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:05 am 
Savior

Forgotten Wolf 08-28-2008 06:54 PM
“What brings be hear is the fact that I almost lost a packmate today…” That was nothing new given the state of the city but the next part that came out was not as common. “… to humans.” Brian wasn’t in a good mood as was obvious in the way he spoke with seriousness and some slight tones of anger. He let that sink in for a moment before starting again to clear any confusion or misinterpretations that Shey might have. “And no this wasn’t some random drive by or mugging. These guys kidnapped Elizabeth’s little sister and were waiting for us with shotguns loaded with silver! They threatened the poor girl right in front of Elizabeth and Elizabeth went into a Death Rage… I had to step in before she hurt anyone in the pack but she had all ready taken a full shotgun blast to her shoulder… We’re lucky we have life mage living with us or else we might have lost her.” He actually starts pacing to burn some energy.

The sky grew steadily darker above them, it seemed nowadays as if the sun set just a bit quicker than it should to bring the night around. He looks over at Shey while he continues to pace but he reigns in his voice to come out calmer than he actually was. “Do you understand now Shey what you little war has done? The humans are learning of our existence now. One of our most sacred rules is to keep our existence from beyond their eyes. Is there really no chance that you could work out a peace or some sort of agreement with the vampires?” Brian was pretty sure his words would fall upon deaf ears but he needed to try before things got really bad. He finally stopped moving to stare Shey directly in the eye… The last time he did that was when he took some of the newly changed like himself to form a new pack before being forced from Black Rose territory.

A couple of TFV agents on the job**************************

A black Lincoln town car pulled up to and parked in front of abandoned warehouse near the edge of town before two men in black suits got out. One man was big, broad shoulders with his dark hair buzzed short, while the other one was shorter, paler and definitely not as intimidating but still had a serious nature to his figure. “So this is the place?” The big one inquired. “Yep,” the lighter man responded putting a folder down on the hood of the car and reading off some of the information contained within. “Five murders within the last week, no finger prints, DNA, or any sign that there was another person beside the victim other than signs of a possible struggle. All five were killed with debris at the scene.” The big guy just nodded for a second, “So I’m guessing that someone back at base found something that we need to take care of.” The pale man nodded before closing the folder and putting it back in the car, “Yeah, he found out that a serial killer died here a while back in a bloody firefight.”

“Ah.” Was all the large man said as he walked back to the trunk and popped it open. There were a few sounds like a clip being changed in a gun as well as some rummaging before he closed the trunk again; now holding what looked like two modified pairs night vision goggles. “Here.” “Thanks.” The two walk up to one of the regular doors with the goggles on though the big man stopped for a moment to look at his boss with a little confusion. “Aren’t you going to…” Was all he got out before he was interrupted. “Let’s get this over with all ready. You’ve got point since you’re the ex-special forces man, J.” J scowled at being called J and gave up trying to talk to his partner, drawing his Glock instead. His boss drew his Colt and kicked open the door, which J promptly entered and surveyed the area. The place was bare, nothing more than an empty building with pipes, crumbling supports, and other dangerous materials. The pale man entered one J gave him the clear, “Well, this is something there’s nothing here…” He was cut off as he was suddenly picked up by an unseen force and thrown across the floor. J and his partner both cursed as they pulled another set of lenses on the goggles into place. Their vision changed slightly from the normal night vision and now they could make out a hazy fog-like entity in a shape somewhat of a human floating near the pale man. The thrown man was first to react, pointing his gun a pulling the trigger repeatedly but the rounds found nothing to hit a just punch through the roof and siding of the building, The ghost went at him again, picking him up a started lifting him up towards the ceiling to drop the poor man.

J took aim with his gun and fired; a bright blue streak erupted from his Glock and actually struck the ghost as if it was actual flesh. The ghost in surprise dropped J’s boss at a still low height and went after him. J kept the fire up and within seconds of the first shot being fired the ghost let out a glass shattering screech as its form fell apart and dispersed into nothingness. Sighing, J walks over to his boss and helps him up before taking off his goggles. He just shakes his head for a moment before pulling the slide back on his Glock to eject an unspent round into his hand and held it up for the pale man to see. The bullet looked normal other than the weird blue glow at its tip. “I tried to tell you outside you probably should have loaded etheric rounds into your gun but you were.” “Shut up, J” The pale gentleman spat back at him before walking out the door.

They put their gear away but J spoke up before they got in the vehicle, “I really wish you would stop calling me J. You make me feel like I’m in a ****ing Men in Black movie.” The pale man looked over to him with a humorous and inquisitive raised eyebrow before pulling out a pair of shades from his coat and placing them on his face. With a smile the pale man opens his mouth to make a remark but J cuts him off. “Shut up… We have meeting to get to.” He mutters as he puts on his own shades and opens the passenger side door. Woe to anyone one who actually witnessed the events that just transpired…

eferhilda 08-28-2008 08:24 PM
Shey stood listening trying to keep the small amount of panic from growing larger. If even a small portion of what he was saying was true, then they were all in big trouble. Still even with this bigger threat is was going to be hard to just forget about the war with the vampires, to push aside ancient feuds. "Brian I'm sorry for what happened to Elizabeth and glad to hear that she will make it, but just because this happened to your pack does not mean it will happen to mine. My pack is larger and stronger then yours, it would be a lot harder for the humans to capture one of ours." she said with a bit of pride.

Looking at him meeting his gaze she spoke, "We will investigate this new development with the humans, but I will not go jumping into bed with another enemy just because a newer one may have appeared. No I won't do that and risk leaving the pack open to the vampires and their deceit." she nodded her head as if to emphasize her words. "Though I will send out some patrols to see what we can learn and if you want I will send some of my best warriors to help your pack during this time of need. That is all I can and that I am willing to do given the information." she says lowering her hand from her pockets, wondering what was it that made him leave the pack in the first place. She could not think of anything in this world to forsake the pack for, not even matters of the heart.

Forgotten Wolf 08-29-2008 09:26 PM
Brian’s anger just grew as he heard the words that exited Shey’s mouth until she finally finished and he almost lost it. “Her sister wasn’t part of our pack! She’s human! Have you forgotten how low the chances are of a person born from a human and werewolf mating to actually undergo their First Change is?!?!” He almost shouted. “She didn’t even know her sister was an Uratha until she saw her change before her eyes!!! I’m surprised the girl isn’t completely catatonic at this point.” He started pacing again, he felt that if he didn’t he might just lunge at Shey.

“Have you even taken a glance at the Shadow (spirit world) lately? The area around and in this city is overrun with death, pain, and anger spirits.” He glares at her accusingly. “If you keep this war up, there will be nothing left of this city to save. Don’t you understand that?!” He stops pacing to lean against a tree and take a few deep breaths to try and keep his rage in check. If he lost it here he’d end up limping away since he knew he was still no match against Shey physically. “Don’t even bother sending you people to watch out for us. More than likely they’d just end up starting a fire fight with the first vampire they see.” He said viciously as he stared at the bark of a nearby tree. “I’ve all ready got my people digging for information…”He shakes his head in disappointment and stands up straight. “I’ll see you around…” He half-growls bitterly as he turns to go…

I am the darkness that surrounds me, I am the air that surrounds me, I am the land that hides me, I wait to strike, From the darkness, I wait to kill, From out of thin air, I am invisible, And I am silent death. Prayer of Invisibility from The Imperial Infantryman's Uplifting Primer

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:06 am 
Savior

eferhilda 08-29-2008 09:47 PM
Shey did not like him shouting at her, in fact his whole attitude was irrational to her and she was not appreciating the hostility from him. "Do you think I sit here in my forest and turn a blind eye to whats going on every where else? That I'm so wrapped up in our war to not see whats happening all over the place?" she growls to him had she been in her wolf form her hackles would be raised as she takes as angry step toward him.

"So lets say I do as you say I should and make a pact with the vampires, the fighting stops. Now I'm focusing on this new supposed human threat and leave my back unguarded to the vampires. When I'm not here they burn down my woods and kill the younger members of my pack, blaming this human threat in the process so I let it be. After all they are my allies now, why would they lie to me?" she steps to him again, "The vampires continue to pick my pack apart until there is nothing left because I kept my part of the deal and those disgusting, honer-less bastards stab me and my pack in the back. Are you going to help me then? Are you going to step in and rescue my pack from this threat? Or are you going to hide in your church and wait for the vampires to come for you next?" she flexed her hands angrily at her side.

"Don't go telling me what you think I should or should not do or what is at stake here....for you don't know **** about what those beasts are truly capable of." she took a calming breath and looked up at the night sky. "We can't separate on this Brian, if what you're saying is true then we need to be together on this from all sides. If just one of us falls the rest of the pack weakens, how do you think that hundreds of dead Uratha will effect the Shadow?" she asked him wanting to see the error of his thinking.

Forgotten Wolf 08-31-2008 09:14 PM
Brian slowed a bit as he calmed a bit as some of Shey’s words make sense… though he didn’t like her saying his pack would stand by and do nothing if her pack was betrayed. He sighs and turns around with his anger still smoldering, waiting for the chance to flare up again. “Listen, I never said you needed to make a complete alliance with them but cease fire would be enough. You can then focus on defense mainly and send out feelers or let my pack do the foot work to try and find out if it’s an isolated issue or a more widespread problem.” He let that settle for a second before continuing, “If this turns out to be an isolated problem then the period of peace will insure that it doesn’t turn into a wide scale problem. If this turns out to be something much bigger, then you and everyone else won’t be fighting a two front war. This might be larger than just the werewolves; the changelings, the mages, AND the vampires might all be at risk as well. You asked me how the Shadow would look with hundreds of dead Uratha, and now I ask you: How would it look if the entire supernatural community was turned to ash?”

Brian kept quiet about the fact he had acquired a few friends in the vampire community feeling that it would ruin everything at the moment if she found out. Brian was tired of the fighting, it was becoming dangerous to the city in more ways than one and had all ready caused so many deaths. That was why he left and took a couple of other freshly changed weres with him, they weren’t strong enough for the fight and the war was quickly becoming pointless in his mind other than for revenge but he also knew he wasn’t strong enough to take the alpha position from Shey. So he did the only other option, remove himself from the pack that took him in after his first change and create his own pack.

Brian had thought long and hard after his pack was force quite rapidly from Black Rose territory towards the mountains in the east. He finally came to the conclusion that they couldn’t hold any territory inside the city with only five members so instead they would move amongst the shadows of the city out of sight of the other packs. It wasn with this thinking that he tracked down a chameleon spirit somehow and got it to agree to be the packs totem spirit and grant the pack its ability to hide/blend in as well as some skill to strike quickly as well as accurately in hand-to-hand combat (or claw-to-claw or jaws).

Shey wouldn’t know about most of the battles Brian and his pack fought for they kept them mostly in the shadows and far out of sight of the public. If it wasn’t for their regenerative abilities, Brian would probably have been covered in scars from gun fights or even more from teaching newly changed how to control their rage and form. Despite being still weaker than Shey, he was still far from being a poor leader to his pack…

eferhilda 08-31-2008 09:30 PM
Shey sighed raking her hands through her thick hair in frustration as she paced back away from him getting herself under control. She could feel the truth in his words but it was hard for her to admit to him and especially herself. Fighting the vampires is all she has ever known, all she has been taught to do and now with the death of her parents her driving force in life.

She turned her golden eyes regarding him as if for the first time, he did carry with him all the power and confidence needed to be a leader, to be an alpha. He was talking for the good of everyone not just the wolves and as much as she hated the vampires and her goal was to kill as many as she could, she knew that they were just as important a balance as were the Uratha. Sighing again hands again going through her hair in that nervous manner that she has never been able to shake she paced back to him.

"I will see about meeting with the vampire prince in calling a city wide truce at least till this new threat is identified and dealt with. You have the resources of my pack in aiding you in your mission, but I'm going to need your word that should the vampires double cross me that you will never again come to my woods preaching of peace with them...." her arms crossed her chest as she leveled her gaze at him, allowing just the smallest bit of her power to show. Wanting him to realize just how bad this could turn out for him and his pack should any harm fall her pack at the hands of the vampires.

Forgotten Wolf 08-31-2008 10:45 PM
“I just suggested a cease fire that doesn’t mean you need to trust them. It just means you agree to stop shooting at each other for a period of time.” Brian says slowly with partial relief. “You can keep the resources of your pack, my people are capable of finding the information and besides if the vampires do betray the cease fire you’ll need all of your strength. If they do betray you… us, I will promise you this: you won’t be seeing my pack in your woods for will be an invisible thorn in their side as you continue your war.” Brian meant these words, he believed in people staying true to there words and held great contempt for those who would betray another for no other reason than to seek harm.

Brian gaze was even with hers though his stare didn’t hold a threat hidden in them. He let his spiritual aura leak out a bit in response to Shey’s. His aura didn’t some much radiate out power but rather that of the impression of hidden wisdom and subtle cunning. It was two aspects that he built himself and his pack around rather than relying on direct force.

“Is there anything else Shey that you’d like to cover or ask while I’m here? If you want I can act as a middle man to set up the meeting with the vampire prince for you…” Brian offered trying to be nice though he had the afterthought that it could be interpreted another way but it was too late know to change his words. Brian couldn’t help but really wonder know if the other supernatural races were in jeopardy as well… and if they were going to start taking sides in this conflict…

eferhilda 08-31-2008 11:14 PM
Shey smirked humor coming to her gold eyes, "What else are you offering there Brian?" she teased him as she gave him an appreciative once over then nodded, "You would probably have a better chance of meeting with him without some blood being shed in the process." she shrugs as all of the tension leaves her body and she relaxes once again in the presence of someone whom was once a close friend.

"Glad to hear I can still count on you if complications do arise. The way your pack hides in that city I bet you could cause a lot of trouble to those uppity bastards." she smiled her gaze now relaxed and one of friendship. Placing her hands back in her jacket pockets, "My offer stands though on the help and the extra wolf power if you need it." she sighs as three large shadows emerge from behind her, going to one knee waiting for her to acknowledge them.

"Yes." she said to them not looking back at them remaining her eye contact with Brian humor still in her eyes though a bit of her power did flare a bit in the presence in her pack. "The area is clear, he came alone and no one followed him." came a very deep tone. "Very good. Call back our vampire hunting parties and have everyone meet in the woods we have a new enemy to discuss." she says inclining her head to Brian as if to say, *See...I do listen when you talk.*

"It shall be done." came the same voice and then the shadows were gone. "So I have begun my part in this truce lets hope you can get the vampires to sit down and meet with me in order to make it a two sided deal."

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:06 am 
Savior

Scambo 09-01-2008 12:12 AM
Jack slipped inside the house past the man standing in the doorway. Concealed in his sleeve was a small audio recording device.
"Thanks for getting here so early. The TV just switched off and wouldn't turn back on, no matter what I did."

"Don't worry sir. It may be the wiring. Some of Solace's older houses are having the same problem." He set the empty tool-box near the TV before following the wire under the couch and into the wall. He reached out and corrected the small error in the wiring that he had caused several days before. With that, the TV switched back on, bathing the room with soft ambient light. As he slid the sofa back into place, he reached beneath it and slipped the bug into the tiny slit that had been prepared by his client.

"Thats done. Is your bedroom experiencing any problems?"

"No. But do you think you could check anyway? I dont want to pester you when that goes out too. Jack grinned; he knew he would let him in.

"Sure, don't worry about it." After ascending the stairs, he crouched near the bed and reached for the wall, depositing the other bug within another niche created by his client. His job completed, Jack collected the empty tool-box and left. After walking a fair distance from the house, he stripped the cable jumpsuit off and deposited it in a subway locker before pulling on a pair of jeans, black T-shirt and a leather jacket. Before he closed his locker, he noticed his carpenter's dust mask lying within. It was a valuable disguise tool, allowing him both an inconspicuous face mask, and part of a disguise. He stuffed it into his pocket before leaving. As he proceeded up the stairs he saw a women, middle-aged, wearing sunglasses and a trench coat. As they passed, her hand emerged from the opening in the coats middle, passing him a thick roll of money. He grinned devilishly; two and a half grand in pocket. Between sabotaging the houses wiring, the Cable disguise and the bugs, that was about the right price. Things in Solace had taken a dark and unforeseen turn after he had left the Arrows. The supernatural community was restless, hostilities between Werewolves and Vampires had spiked and the violence was taking its toll on the city, supernaturals and norms alike. And while it was bad for the people, the restlessness and suspicion made it lucrative for a private investigator like himself. But this was overshadowed by what he saw during his other occupation. An investigator, but rather than of the private type, spying on wives and husbands, he looked into spiritual matters. The spirits were unruly, drifting like fireflies, winking and dimming through existence. A solemn weight at his hip reminded him that the city was no longer safe, not even in the blazing daylight. It was mid-afternoon when he departed for his other client. Watching a man as he came home from work. It was boring, the only thing he did on his way home was stop for a hot dog. He collected his payment and was on his way back when he looked over and saw that the sun was no more than a hazy ball on the horizon. Sounds floated from the next block over, and at first he could not make it out, but as he got closer he heard the screams mingling with crackling wood. He moved at a sprint, weaving through the crowd of people until he stood in front of a burning two story apartment. The firefighters had yet to arrive but he heard sirens in the distance. Too distant. Most of the buildings residents had vacated, but a woman was screaming that her children were trapped inside. He swore softly and thought about walking by. He dismissed the thought as he pulled on a pair of sunglasses and the dust mask. The less people that saw his face the better. He ducked into a nearby alley and entered through a blown out window. He rushed through the burning corridors, keeping the flames at bay with his magic. The rooms on the first floor were all clear, but as he reached the stairs, he saw that they were demolished. He wasted no time as he rushed back to a room and blew the door of its hinges with Force. He ran inside and smashed the window with his elbow before swinging outside and beginning his climb up the narrow drain-pipe. The climb was long and arduous made even more so by the drain's constant shaking and he dared not use magic to steady it while the crowd below watched. Finally, he came to the top and kicked at a window. A backdraft blew through, the flames melting the plastic frame to the building itself. Dangling from the rooftop, he swung through and once out of sight pushed the flames back. In the hall, a door stood open and he rushed to it. Rounding the corner, he saw a young boy and girl huddled in the corner, cowering from a dark figure that dominated the room. Its hands, visible beneath a black coat were pale and tipped with claw like nails. Jack approached slowly, calling a rote into his mind and hoping he could catch the mysterious figure off guard.

Forgotten Wolf 09-01-2008 08:41 PM
Brian just rolled his eyes a little at Shey’s humored remark and look back at him when she called off her hunts. He listens though and was content with what she decided. He kept his aura at its current level to avoid causing insult to Shey or her pack members. He kept quiet until her wolves disappeared before speaking again. “I’ll make sure things get done.” He says simply and calmly as he steps back into the shadows of the trees and quickly vanished. “You know where to find a Chameleon if you want to reach me but now I must be off to se the living dead. See you around Rahu.” These last few words slipped out of the shadows in the language of First Tongue with remarkable clarity for a werewolf who only changed at most three months ago.

Once Brian was back within the city limits he pulled out his cell and started dialing. Though he had friends in the vampire community, he was sure none of them could get him within the vampire Elysium and get him an audience with the Prince that night without issues… He did know a non-vampire who might be able to do it. “Hey, Chris I need a favor…”

A Cheiron Group agent************

He had been following that thing for a while now but it gave him the slip only moments ago. Kind of interesting since he was following from the roofs and the specimen was groundside. With a little patience, a little old fashion questioning, and tracking, he was able to finally locate the specimen… inside an old apartment building. He didn’t like it. He didn’t know the building lay out and that thing could be setting up a trap for him if it figured out he had been following it.

Then a solution hit him, and with haste broke one of the out of direct sight windows on the first floor and set the curtains on fire with a lighter. The thing the company had implanted around his heart gave a small squeeze of delight. Now I just need to wait for it to be smoked out. He thought as he quickly climbed to the roof of one of the next door buildings to watch for his paycheck to come running out. It didn’t though and the fire kept growing and soon he became aware of some lady yelling about her children… Wasn’t his problem, it was his job to be saving others… He got paid to capture the unusual creatures that lurked in this city.

Then that man came and went running into the burning building to supposedly find the lady’s children. Watching on the agent could almost tell there was something odd about the man and when he started climbing the drain-pipe the agent decided to make certain. Squeezing his eyes shut, he rolled his eyes in a particular pattern and the words Interface Chip Disabled appeared briefly before his eyes. Opening them, they now were solid gold (the whites, the pupils, everything) and his sight was flooded with new information that threatened to overwhelm him. Looking at the ‘hero’ on the drain pipe he could now make out his aura… and it told him he wasn’t truly human… Hmmm…. Well if one doesn’t make it I might have a nice new specimen for the lab guys to take. He thought without emotion and just continued to watch on… hoping to see one (or both) of his paychecks exit the building. After all he needed to eat… or buy a nice new car to go along with the three others…

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:07 am 
Savior

eferhilda 09-01-2008 10:43 PM
Shey smiled and shook her head as she watched him disappear; she knew he had been something more then just another wolf when he first joined the pack. Just by that little demonstration of his ability to so fully comprehend the First Tongue was enough to show him to be someone who would only grow stronger the longer he lived. There was a certain amount of pride and respect that she had always felt for him, which was now growing as she watched him be the concerned leader of his people. Being an alpha was a thankless job most of the time, long hours spent thinking and planning the lives and well beings of several dozen members of the pack. Having to settle small squabbles and differences to maintain the peace and tranquility in the pack. She began running into the forest, slow at first then faster and faster; finally she leaps a fallen log and when she lands she is on all fours. Her lupine body sleek and moved like liquid lightening as she moved through the trees her nose and ears telling her that the rest of the pack was already moving toward the central clearing where they held their meetings. The pure and simple joy of running brings forth a joyful howl, which reaches high into the trees carrying down into the city even. Her heart leapt with joy as she heard her pack answering the howl, sharing in her enjoyment and excitement. As long as she had them at her side there was nothing that she feared to face.

Coming into the clearing they all lowered their heads in respect as she passed, some of them in their wolf form, others in their human one. She changes as she nears the large stone that had been brought there years ago for the alphas to use while conducting gatherings. She passed her second in command Uriel, a large burly man of Russian decent who was as tough as nails to those he deemed deserving. He was completely loyal to his alpha who he thought was the a lot better then the last alpha they had, her devotion to the pack was enough to make him willingly give his life for her. She patted his shoulder as she passed then took the stone and began explaining to her pack that times were about to change. There was some bickering and some heated arguments that almost came to blows, but Shey used her power and dominance to keep everyone under check. It was about two hours later she was trotting to her private den now, wanting to be alone for a bit with her own thoughts. Her mind and heart were in turmoil worrying about whether or not she had just condemned her pack to a major double crossing by the vampires or if this as indeed going to save them all from this larger threat. Sighing she curled into a tight ball tucking her nose under her tail to keep it warm as closed her eyes and slowly drifted off to sleep waiting to see if Brian was going to come through with his end of the deal.

Scambo 09-01-2008 11:26 PM
The figure inched closer to the children, raising a hand towards the boy. Jack was about to loose a strong blast of Force when he noticed a closet door, on the right wall. Flames licked from beneath it, and he assumed there was no window to add additional air. Whoever the dark other was, they were close to the huddled kids, hand only inches from the boy's throat. Jack coughed and the other hesitated for a moment. Jack delved into pure mana, felt its ecstasy and exhilaration as he chipped a hole in the closet door with Force. There was a thunderous roar as the backdraft blew the wood-plastic door to splinters and flames leapt forward, the blast of hot air slamming the would-be murderer against the opposite wall. Bounding over the fallen vampire, for he could see it clearly now, Jack snatched up the kids, one under each arm and bolted back towards the hall. Out of his peripheral vision he noticed someone emerging from a room. Not wanting to discover a partner of whomever was attacking the kids, he skidded to a halt and sprinted the other direction. The hall ended abruptly, a blank wall and a window punctuating the monotony. Several rotes entered his mind, but could he risk using them? Heavy footsteps echoing towards him answered that.

"Kids, close your eyes and hold on to me tightly." He couldn't see if they did as he asked, but he felt them cling harder. He again felt the rush of pure mana as he loosed a small spell to shatter the window, and again as he leapt from the window. To a normal person, a fall from that height would have broken most bones in their legs if they lived. But as he fell, Jack wove a spell about his legs and the children. When they struck the ground, the spell transferred the powerful shock of landing from his legs, to the ground around him. Where he landed the ground was depressed and cracks ran for several feet in three directions. Peering around, he saw that he had landed in the adjacent alleyway, away from the crowd of people. A breath of fresh air mingling with smoke met his mouth and he coughed, realizing that not only the hat he had worn but also the dust mask had fallen off during his flight. His sunglasses however had remained in place, a fact he was very grateful for. Swearing over his lost disguise pieces, he carried the kids several feet, near where the alley met the street before setting them down.
"You alright? No cuts or burns or anything?" They nodded.

"Good. Now, who was that man who was in the apartment with you? Did you know him?" Before he could get his answer, the crowd surged to the alley, the mother rushing towards her kids as a voice in the crowd called: "Thats him! I saw him jump from the second floor and walk away just fine! It must be an angel!" The mother looked up at him through bloodshot eyes, sobbing and trying to thank him at the same time. Jack couldn't believe how the situation had turned on him. Hopefully, using his own mana and only several people seeing him using magic would keep Paradox at bay. Hopefully. As the crowd started clapping he held his hands up, palms outward.

"No no no, I just saw these kids standing here. Some guy dropped them off." Again, that same voice from earlier called out.
"No! It was you! Don't be so modest!" There was a large squealing of wheels and the roar of sirens as cars stopped nearby. A news crew rounded the corner, a woman with a microphone and a man with a camera adding to the din. The crowd was distracted by their arrival and Jack took that time to go, slipping away and into an empty lot.

Aviose 09-02-2008 11:12 PM
Deep in the darkest part of Solace, surrounded by the most filthy and foul humans, lay the vampire's den. It consumed three whole blocks, and unlike it's surrounding area the streets were clean and orderly. Most humans believed that it was one of the last bastion of civility left in the decaying city, but those in the supernatural community knew better.

In this foreboding area was the most powerful vampire the city had seen in over 75 years was pouring over paperwork, a grim look upon his face. The war was beginning to take a toll on his forces, especially since the new supernatural hunting human's arrived. Yesterday they exterminated a small force discovered while they slept, a few of them were elites. Wringing his hands in frustration, he finally gave up on the painfully dull work and stepped out into the dark night. Gazing out to the streets below the frustration he had been harboring came out in a vicious shriek that echoed down the street.

"What news do you have." Aviose said a second later, speaking to his scout that appeared behind him. Hearing the report of the human's attacking the werewolves did bring a smirk to his face, plans formulating in his head. He was slightly disappointed that they destroyed the ghost in the abandoned warehouse. He enjoyed the carnage that particular spirit caused. Once the briefing was done, Aviose sighed. "Ok, call back the scouts. If the humans are attacking the werewolves and ghosts we won't stop them. We'll go into hiding, no more hunting unless I personally authorize it." He said, turning back to the room and gliding back to his chair. "I've seen my share of supernatural hunting humans, but this new breed worries me."

Savior

Forgotten Wolf 09-08-2008 09:14 AM
Cheiron Agent**************************

Jack didn’t even make it across the empty lot before the sound of one person clapping in a slow manner would reach his ears. The Cheiron agent had easily followed him and emerged from the shadows so that Jack could see him. The agent actually looked like a normal mortal, both in his appearance and aura, wearing some jeans and some grubby old long sleeve shirt. His eyes by this point had turned back to their normal appearance and held steely blue color to them.

“I must say that was mildly impressive. The lab boys will definitely enjoy taking a closer look at you.” He slowly spoke with little emotion. The agent leans up against a wall and stare in a bored manner at his next possible paycheck. The mage could try and run but he knew that he wouldn’t get very far since he could easily outrun most with some of the muscles and tendons that had been grafted into him. “So do you want to do this the easy way or do I have to knock you out forcefully?” The agent almost challenged still looking mostly bored at the specimen before him. It was just another day at the office…

Brian*************************

It was dangerous for Brian to be in this section of the city without being hidden and if it wasn’t for his companion at the moment he probably would have been killed by an overzealous vampire by this point. Brian glanced over at his friend in his green suit with almost flame red tie and started to wonder if he really should have come with Chris to talk with the Prince.

Christopher Rosetalon was the ‘unofficial’ prince of the Spring Court and officially he was the changelings’ main diplomat when dealing with other creatures and held a lot of sway with the mages and changelings. In his human appearance, Chris had dark brown hair with splotches and streaks of dark red going through it, unnaturally sharp green eyes that partially reminded one of as if a bird of prey was looking right at you, and as for overall looks he was only out done by a mage by the name of Dherris who actually had been kicked out of the city not long ago.

In his true appearance, Chris’ face becomes somewhat more angular and his ears take on the pointed elven quality. His hair turns out to not be hair at all but rather a mixture of brown feathers and rose petals. His hands take on the appearance of something in between a human hand and a bird of prey’s talon. His clothes would even change in this instance from a green suit and red tie to a suit of emerald armor carved to appear as if made entirely of leaves with a phoenix feather tabard.

As they finally walked up to the entrance to vampires’ Elysium/nest or whatever they called it, Chris step in front of Brian and walked up to the guard. “We’re here to see the Prince regarding urgent matters having to do with the humans recent interest in our existence…” He noticed the guard eyeing Brian warily. “He’s under my protection for the moment. Now are we allowed an audience or do I need to keep coming back every night?”

Aviose 09-08-2008 10:02 AM
The two vampiric guards wore a scowl upon their faces as they measured Brian up, but they knew better than to attack someone under Chris's protection. The smaller one slipped inside, leaving the visitors alone with the guard. One could tell the larger guard wished to ask his own questions, but he wasn't high enough rank to know.

"A werewolf here!?" Aviose spat, glaring at the small guard who interrupted him. He was about to eat his meal when the guard burst in, without knocking, and totally disregarding proper procedure. "Come with me." Aviose told the guard, before standing up and leading the confused guard into a side room hidden by a large mural. Once the guard entered, Aviose instructed him to wait as he slipped back into the dining room. Flipping a switch next to the door, he could only imagine the surprise on the guards face as the UV lights activated and turned him into dust. Summoning another servant, he instructed him on what to do concerning the visitor.

Back down at the entrance, the guard kept his tongue silent, but his hateful gaze never left Brian, hoping that his stare would scare the lycanthrope. It was then that the servant appeared outside the door and addressed Brian and Chris, and unlike the guard his gaze held no hate.

"Prince Aviose does wish to meet with you, but not at this present time. He requests that you return tomorrow night, and he would be most pleased if you could return with the leaders of all the packs. After all, this does concern us all."

Scambo 09-08-2008 08:24 PM
Jack froze, the strangers words washing over him punctuated by the slow mocking claps. The lot was deserted except for the two of them, framed on one side by a tall wall, the other was blocked by a high-rise, and that left the way he had come which was blocked off by his strange pursuer. A single street lamp illuminated the empty space as best it could. He had mentioned studying him? Whatever he was talking about, Jack decided that he couldn't mean well for him. Keeping his eye on the stranger, he slowly approached the other, moving slowly making sure to appear non-threatening. Several rotes called themselves to mind, but he dismissed them; if the stranger knew that he was a mage, then chances were he had some form of defense from magic. He waited until they were no more than ten feet apart before he unleashed his spell. The whiplash of Force blew the bulbs in the lights out, leaving them in darkness. Before the stranger could react, he made a wall of Force and shoved it forward, not knowing if it struck or not. He was running, bounding from street to street in frantic flight, finally he rounded a corner and lunged upward with a blast of Force. Running across the roof-tops, he soon found himself nearing his home. After a brief consideration, he stopped in momentarily to grab several supplies before setting out. Chances were that whoever had tracked him had sufficient contacts within the supernatural community to do so again. He needed to find refuge with the other supernaturals but his choices were few. The vampires would take him as a snack and be done with the matter entirely. The werewolves on the other hand, might listen to him before ripping him limb from limb. Well, it depended on the pack. The City Lords were out; he had done one too many private investigations for them to be on good terms with him. That more or less left the Roses, and they weren't exactly fond of mages intruding on their forest. Hopefully, Shey wouldn't remember the little.....mishap...the Roses had with himself a while back. Hopefully.

braioch8201 09-08-2008 10:00 PM
Memnoch stood, the cool breeze whipping around him in a frenzy. The blood of his last kill, a pathetic newborn, coarsed through him, while the body lay crumpled and shriveled at his feet. He stared down at the city sprawled out in front of him. Lights lay dancing all around the expanse of the cityscape. The skyscraper he stood upon stood speckled by a few mortals who stayed up late doing their inane works.

The semiautomatics he kept with him lay against his side, the Uzi's pressed against his side. His small blades, throwing, hand, and other varieties lay hidden and strapped against his chest in a line. Two more short swords hung from his waist while his favorite, two katana's fell against his back. The comfort of the weapons was immeasurable, the need to kill pumped through him, blazing through him, emblazoning his body.

His glance shot down to the teeming sidewalk below him. Without hesistation he leapt over the edge. Face down he shot down towards the sidewalk, the wind howling around him as he plummeted to the ground. In a split second he had twisted himself mid-air and landed on the concrete with ease. Onlookers only noticed the good and odd looking stranger suddenly appear on the sidewalk.

With a turn, his coat swirling around him he disappeared into the crowd. The unease of the people around him caused by his appearance was sedated by the influence that radiated from him. Now people seemed drawn to this tan but radiating stranger, more than once he gained an approving glance from both genders. He smiled to himself as he moved with supreme ease through the throng of people.

He walked further, the city melting into one blurred image to him. His mind and eyes constantly sweeping the melding of images, always searching, always calmly. Within moments he was aware of three who followed close behind him. He had noticed the moment they had paid far too much attention to him when they had spotted him within the crowd. It took only a rapid appraisal for him to know who they were, WHAT they were. Were was going to be a key word within minutes.

Lycans, always ready to fight, never to calculate

He continued his stride, never breaking step. He allowed them to cover the distance that had stretched between them and himself. He could sense their eagerness, their bloodlust.

Silly young ones. So full of the need to kill, no the need to dominate. What a shame, with time it could be shaped to form them into efficient killing machines, instead their mindless beasts. Shame, but nonetheless a sufficient fight for a night such as this.

They had entered a plaza, the night's lighting cascading over the almost vacant lot. As soon as he had reached the center of the plaza, he heard their footfall reach a frenzied pace.

Memnoch spun around in an instant to face them, no talking, just the way he loved it. He grabbed the one who had rushed at him by the arm, jammed his shoulder into the Lycan brutes elbow, shattering it. The "man" howled in agony then cut off short as a small blade was embedded into his throat and dragged all the way across to the neck, severing the spine.

The other two began their transformation, but before the one on the left could finish. A flurry of bullets ripped into his body, tore him loose from his transformation as a short blade is jammed into his gut and wretched upwards through the man's chest, throat and face. Gore spilled across the concrete and Memnoch himself as he twisted with rapid efficiency.

His katana's were out in a flash and brought to the man's throat in a cross formation, the lycan half through the transformation. Memnoch's eyes glinted as his lips curled upwards coldly. With a jerk of his arms, the man's head and body fell to the ground.

Memnoch turned and cleaned his blades on the clothes of the men around him. He smiled to himself and strode off, his blood pumping easier through him, his mind at ease. He had killed, he was calm. He sat at a nearby corner, upon a bench, smiling up at the smog covered moon. He knew more nights like this would happen, the city was growing in tension, more death would be called for, and over the millenia he had existed his name had become well known and his skill called for repeatedly. He sighed contenedly to himself as he leaned back and relaxed for a moment.

Savior

almond 09-08-2008 10:02 PM
Azhar huddled in the corner outside the Elysium watching intently on the small screen of one his many tiny laptops. The live video feed hidden inside the Prince's court showed what had transpired, albeit in low quality. It was only a small camera that he normally discards after use anyway. All Kindred inside the Elysium are usually very lax and do not look to the shadows for hidden eyes. Azhar had no doubt that his voyeurism was shared among the Nosferatu clan as well.

He had known about the werewolf's arrival hours before, as well as the cause of his very risky endeavour. In fact Azhar was one of the many eyes that provided Prince Aviose with the report. There was something troubling about this group of mortal hunters. Azhar was certain that their numbers were not small and that they have an organized network as well as intelligence regarding their hunts. He has yet to infiltrate their network successfully simply because it doesn't exist. How could a giant organization that feasts on the creatures of the dark do not have a single database on them?

They certainly have done their homework. This makes them somewhat impervious to Mekhet and Nosferatu eyes and that fact annoyed him greatly. But their movements were still discernible on the field however. Azhar closes the small notebook and replaces it in his bag. He decided to take a little chance with the Lupine. Maybe even profit from the Courts as well.

He walked quickly pass the entrance of the Elysium and dropped a small piece of paper that's tied on a rock below the steps leading up to it and vanished into the shadows again.

The note read:

"New hunter movement history. Come with Chris. Rooftop of the old cinema."

He wasn't hoping for the Lupine to bite, but if he did, this would make for an interesting night indeed. He had to prepare for their welcome in any case... and for unexpected intrusions as well.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:08 am 
Savior

Forgotten Wolf 09-09-2008 10:25 PM
Cheiron Agent****************

The man only yawned slightly when the specimen destroyed the lights but he still needed to take a moment to disengage the interface chip again to be able to easily follow the mage in the dark. His muscles coiled for a second before he launched himself off into pursuit of his quarry, slamming into the wall of Force head on but the wall gave and soon snapped… the thing inside his chest coiling angrily at the magic.

The assortment of varies supernatural muscles and tendons propelled him at inhuman speeds but he needed to regulate his use of them or else he would quickly burn out. When the mage jumped to the top of a building, the agent snarled before metal claws slid out from under his fingernails and used them with the graft muscles to climb the side of the building quickly. He lost the man briefly when he duck out of sight but found him again as he left now carrying a few more items, the chase was quickly starting to tire the agent with the over use of the unnatural grafts. The specimen seemed to be heading to the edge of town oddly enough though.

It was only a short ways into the woods when the agent finally fully caught up with the mage and with a burst of energy surging through his modified body he leapt at him intent on knocking him to the ground. “Stop Running!” He snarled. If anyone were to look upon the agent at that moment they wouldn’t see something completely human as his eyes were solid gold with a design that remind one of a flies eye and metal claws glinting in the moonlight extending from his fingers. He was tired of this chase now and this paycheck was going to get in his pocket one way or another…

Brian & Chris************************************

Brian just sighed a shook his head at the vampire response; he was right he shouldn’t have come it just held things up. Something landed by his feet and he looked up to see another vampire disappear into some shadows. What the heck is up with that guy? Brian looked at the guard and then back at Chris before making a decision. “I’ll let you handle things here Chris… I’ll just get out of everyone’s hair tonight.” He says with slight tone of annoyance before stooping to pick up what looked like a piece of garbage. He turns and walks off, quickly disappearing as the Chameleons are very apt at doing.

Chris waited until Brian had disappeared before speaking again, “While your master’s offer is generous I doubt the werewolves would agree to meeting here. Is your master sure he can speak with me for a few moments to determine a suitable location for such a meeting as well as rules to be followed by both sides?”

Brian didn’t like the looks of the cinema and prepared a couple of his Gifts just incase it turned out to be a trap. He probably should have called for back up but sometimes you need to do things on your own… Hopefully he didn’t just screw himself over… Where was this guy anyway?

almond 09-09-2008 10:41 PM
Azhar made his way to the old cinema a couple of blocks from the Elysium. Though close by, Kindred seldom keep a watch there due to the negligence of it still being in the "safe" area, when he knew very well that it isn't. A Kindred is only safe inside the Elysium. Step one foot outside and it could be a bloodbath for all the Prince and the Primogens cared.

His upkeep of the Obfuscate discipline has helped him in keeping himself unseen when he doesn't want to. He made his way to the cinema slightly before Brian did. The cinema roof was rigged with explosive acid canisters in some areas prior and all Azhar had to do was hit speed dial on his mobile. But the trap wasn't for Brian. Azhar had no need to hurt or even kill the Lupine... for now.

He shifted uncomfortably in the middle of the rooftop while facing the doorway that led to it. He should be here soon. Azhar then proceeded to sit down cross-legged on the cold concrete surface and fished out a thumb drive from the folds of his leather jacket, rubbing it with his fore finger and thumb while waiting for his potential customer to arrive.

"You're going to love this morsel....," Azhar was speaking to no one in particular while he waited for the door to open.

Aviose 09-10-2008 01:33 AM
The guard watched Brian slip off into the shadows, obviously glad the creature had left. He hated not being able to attack werewolves as they approached, but after screwing up a hunt two years back he hadn't any other position. This made him rather irritable, and were it not for his friend who went inside earlier it would truly be hell. He silently wondered what was taking him so long.

The servant listened patiently as Chris again asked for a meeting with Aviose, who never did like being interrupted during his meals. But the man did have a point, so he excused himself and returned to Aviose's dining chamber, making sure to knock and follow his procedure.

"My prince, the werewolf has gone but his escort remains. He respectfully requests an audience, he wishes to discuss where a meeting could take place; fearing the werewolf leaders won't agree to meet here." He said once Aviose turned to him. The prince did not seem happy to be interrupted yet again, but sadly the man did make a point. With a nod, a second place setting was set and the servant returned to the doorway.

"Prince Aviose shall see you now, please follow me."

eferhilda 09-11-2008 06:31 PM
Shey had awoken a few hours later, her natural clock letting her know that the night was wearing on and she needed to get to her apartment in the city to get ready for work in the morning. The City Lords allowed this because they knew she was not interested in their territory, only in maintaining some form of a normal human life. She slowly emerged from the comforting warmth of her pack mates, dreading the loneliness of her apartment but knowing it was a necessary evil. Exiting the den she knew that her guards would follow her because that was their way, they never left her alone until she got to the edge of the woods. She wagged her tail as they came beside her, nuzzling against her shoulder to her chest in greeting. "Lets run!" she sends to them as she stands, stretches then takes off at a dead run.

The wind was blowing through her fur and she felt the same joy she felt when she ran earlier to meet Brian, though this time she had some of her pack mates with her; making it all the more exhilarating. This feeling was short lived as she scented something on the wind, making her skid to a stop. The others followed suit having smelled it too, something human and something not quite human. Nodding to the two they separate as they close in on the scent anger and rage in their eyes at the thought of someone trespassing in their land.

Nearing the edge of her woods Shey threw back her head and howled, her tongue hanging out in the side of her mouth, fangs glinting in the moon light. She leaps into the clearing snarling, hackles raised, eyes intent on the thing that stood over the human. Growling as she circled it she kept a weary eye on it as her other pack mates kept to the shadows, waiting for her signal to attack.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:08 am 
Savior

Forgotten Wolf 09-11-2008 07:14 PM
Chris ************************************************** ***

Chris nodded respectfully before entering the premises and following the servant to the prince. Once he is led into the room, Chris speaks to Aviose in a respectful manner. “I’m sorry to have disturbed you Prince Aviose but the times are very trying and I doubt that we would be able to work out the terms of the meeting effectively through your servant.” Chris remains standing unless offered a seat. He remains in his human form because to expose his true nature would either weaken him or possibly insult his host with a glamour (fae magic) saturated show. “Do you have any suggestions or concerns you’d wish to address before we start?”

Brian*************************************

“And what exactly would that be?” Brian’s voice came from over be the old fire escape rather than the doorway. He had chose to use the alternate route instead of the actually stairs because of the strong possibility of it being a trap. His form was somewhat hazy as he used his powers to wrap his body in the Gauntlet (intangible barrier between the spirit realm and mortal realm) for protection.

He takes a few steps towards the vampire, “Your note said you some information on the ‘hunters’ in this city… I hope you’re information is worth the effort and risk I’m taking.” Brian eyes the man with caution and also does a scan of the roof for any other indication of possible trouble.

TFV**************************

All around the city, the men and women of TFV began to vanish from there hunts to go to their appointed meetings scattered around the city though all would be receiving the same transmission. Once the time arrived, the video was sent: “Ok ladies and gents pay attention because you’re going to have a lot to do very soon…”

Cheiron**********************************

((I hope you don’t mind the minor control Scambo. I apologize for this and will leave your character alone for the future.))

The specimen stumbled and fell on a root or something as the agent closed in on him but as the agent was about to decide whether to kill or incapacitate the target a howl broke through the air. His eyes snapped up to see a wolf enter the clearing… no werewolf, its aura was all off. The agent eyed the beast and specimen with his insect like golden eyes, backing away. Dealing with one of them was one thing but two was out of his league with how tired he was from the chase. He looks down at what was going to be his paycheck and almost growls, “Next time.” His eyes returned to a normal look and claws retracted before he turned and ran at speeds impossible for a normal human back towards the city. He wasn’t happy but he will get paid soon… or else the Company might have his ass.

almond 09-11-2008 07:35 PM
Azhar merely looked at the man who climbed up by the fire escape ladder. Risky, seeing as how that's where some of the acidic explosives are. It was lucky that he wasn't too jumpy about pressing the speed dial on his phone to set it off. Though technically he didn't need to breath, he let out a deep sigh anyway and looked at the Lupine.

"An entrance is there by invitation because it is safe Shah. You were lucky not to be doused in acid by using that entrance. Come, sit," Azhar motioned to the spot right across him in the middle of the roof while giving Brian a small smile.

"And trust me, Shah Brian, I'm at more risk and at the mercy in your hands than you are in mine. I do not possess your immense strength nor ferocity. I invite you to sit before me because I would not have the chance to do anything to betray you if you decide to change and rip me limb from limb. Besides, it is safer than standing near the acid explosives that I have in mind for.... unexpected guests," Azhar waved the thumb drive in his hand and motioned for Brian to sit crosslegged opposite him on the rooftop again.

"Even the winds have ears if we are to converse orally in the open Shah Brian. Come, let us be civilized," Azhar fished out two eeePc's from his sports bag and placed one in front of him while he opens his own. Verbal conversations are risky, so they would have to chat via his means for both their security. It would be safer as well that if Brian had lied and brought any of his comrades, there's no guarantees that they will be betrayed by those that he trusted.

"It's a personal channel and network of mine. Not even a Nosferatu could break in. It's safer this way."

Scambo 09-11-2008 08:31 PM
Jack was sprinting through the tangle of brush and trees, hurling blasts of force back at his pursuer to no avail, flickering golden eyes somehow tracking the magic and guiding his body in unnatural twists and curves to avoid them. He was moving fast, faster than any human he had ever seen before. A clearing stretched ahead, and he had an idea. He would make his stand in the clearing, where he could have a clear view of the other. He twisted, one hand coming up, level with his oncoming assailant, but the ground beneath his feet seemed to give way and he slammed into the ground. The spell, only begun before the fall dissipated uselessly. On his back and vulnerable, he could only watch as his pursuer closed the small distance between them. The silver claws shone lethally in the glinting moonlight as he inched closer, enjoying the last seconds of his prey's life. A loud snap of twigs and resulting snarl shattered the tension. Glancing up from his prone position, he saw her emerge from the tree-line, mouth retracted in a snarl revealing all of the dagger-sharp teeth. His attacker froze, glaring first at the were-wolf then at himself.
"Next time." With that, the enigmatic assassin ran off, a blur of superhuman speed. Looking at his rescuer, he noticed that she was still snarling, her piercing yellow gaze focused on himself.

"Calm yourself, I forgot my rolled up newspaper and spray bottle and as you can see, I'm out of mana." He started to rise, but low growls echoed from the darkness of the trees.
"On second thought, that bruise on my ass isn't that bad. Now listen Shey, as much as I know you'd love to use me as a chew toy, I'm only here to talk and hide out for a few days. Don't worry about your 'territory' I've got a spot. Now, if you want to disembowel me than get on with it, if not there are some serious problems facing the supernaturals, that....thing being the least of it. Well?" He leaned back, hoping she would see reason and knowing full well what would happen if she didn't.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:09 am 
Savior

eferhilda 09-11-2008 11:06 PM
Shey watched as the thing left her woods, *After it!* she snarls to the two wolves in the woods who take off after the creature that befouled her woods. Though she had not bit the creature it still left a nasty taste in her mouth, once they were alone she focused on Jack and could not help but wag her tail at his comment as she shifted to her human form. "Why do you always bring trouble when you come to visit me?" she laughs as she goes to him holding at a hand to help him up.

"The newspaper would work, but the spray bottle is more of a cat thing." she smirks as she looks him over, "You do look like you have had a rough night. Whatever that thing was it sure as hell ran you down like some stray dog." she said as she over dramatized a grimace at his appearance before arching an eyebrow. "Well you caught me as I was about to head to my apartment for the night. As for this new threat, I already know of it been briefed on it and are taking steps to combat it. Though new information is always appreciated and welcomed." she said in a matter fact tone, sighing she ran her fingers through her hair in that tired habit of hers.

She starts to walk deeper into the woods indicating that he should follow, "Lets talk while I head back to the pack to let them know we will be having a guest in our woods for a few days, so that no one tries to eat you or anything." she teases him though that was a very serious possibility. "You know I am curious as to how you will be hiding in my territory in your own 'spot'...." she give him a side ways glance, "I did not know that you even had a spot in my territory. I'm not sure if I should be furious or impressed that you were able to obtain such a spot without my knowing it." she huffs to him as she continues to lead the way into the woods.

Aviose 09-12-2008 01:12 PM
Quote:
Chris nodded respectfully before entering the premises and following the servant to the prince. Once he is led into the room, Chris speaks to Aviose in a respectful manner. “I’m sorry to have disturbed you Prince Aviose but the times are very trying and I doubt that we would be able to work out the terms of the meeting effectively through your servant.” Chris remains standing unless offered a seat. He remains in his human form because to expose his true nature would either weaken him or possibly insult his host with a glamour (fae magic) saturated show. “Do you have any suggestions or concerns you’d wish to address before we start?”
Aviose motioned for Chris to take a seat, a plate of steak already being placed before him. He was glad that Chris was respectful, for sadly that was a trait that many of his servants were forgetting as of late.

"My chief concern is of course the new human threat, of which I'm sure you are aware. I received an interesting report from one of my more loyal soldiers that they are targeting all forms of the supernatural, which puts us all in a unique position." He said, before taking another bite of his meal, his steak rare of course. "My first instinct was to go into hiding while they assault the werewolves, allowing us to gain information. But, the fact that they wish to meet with me brings a new element, a risky one. I don't trust those dogs to keep their word, and I'm sure they feel the same." He commented, finishing the last of his meal and pushing the plate away.

"Normally, I would send an envoy to meet with the pack leaders to arrange a suitable meeting place, but time is a precious resource we can't afford to waste. Azhar can usually give me information on all my foes, but even he is having difficulty gathering intelligence on the human group. That means we can only study them when they move, and if they move against us, we shall be weakened. Make no mistake of our victory should that happen, but the werewolves would surely launch their own attack before we could recover fully. Now, with this weighing on your mind, what options could you give me to resolve this matter?" He concluded, reaching forward to take a wine glass of blood from the table and taking a sip.

Scambo 09-12-2008 04:31 PM
He smiled as he took her hand and stood.
"Hey, not my fault things enjoy trying to kill me." He said smirking. It felt good to be out of the city, away from the bright lights and loud noises and into the calming and serene forest. He laughed at her teasing.

"Well they'd have a fun time of it; I'm pretty high in cholesterol. And I wouldn't worry about my spot. Its a little....gift..I got from the Arrows way back when. Even I don't know where the hell it is half the time." The joke masked his surprise; he had figured she had found it years ago but lost interest when the Arrows had left it. As the two walked across the clearing he sighed deeply.

"The city just isn't safe anymore. I've been investigating professionally ever since I got back from the Arrows and things have gotten a lot worse since then. It used to be just a husband or a wife thinking their loved one was cheating and now, its looking for 'runaway' kids or missing people and the suck heads are only a small part of it." He related the story of the burning building and the children and the pursuit by the strange creature.
'As they say, no good deed goes unpunished. But what scares me most about the situation, is that whatever that thing was, it was able to tell I was a super just by looking at me. Our greatest defense has always been our power to remain unseen, myths in our own time. And something tells me that wasn't the last we'll be seeing of him or his kind." He looked at Shey as they picked their way through the thick woods, observing the play of the pale moonlight off of her features. It had been almost a year since he had seen her but she still looked as good as she had then. He stopped himself then, shaking his head and chastising himself for thinking it. Less than five minutes ago I was on the ground almost dead and now, I'm thinking of pick-up lines for a werewolf. Guess men will always be men. He trudged on through the forest, trying in vain to divert his thoughts elsewhere.

Savior

eferhilda 09-12-2008 04:58 PM
Shey nods her head listening to him knowing that what he spoke was the truth, the world as they knew it was changing and as usual it was not going to benefit the supers in the least. Change was hard for some of the pack, she was among those who was finding it hard to trust the vampires, but she knew that if the mages were having a problem this is was not just something that was going to blow over anytime soon. Sometimes she wished she had not taken on the mantle of being alpha, then she could just run; run until her muscles grew tired and her body wanted to rest. Yet this was not possible for her she had responsibilities to attend to and she knew that the pack was better off now that she was the alpha; so she was going to stick around and insure that everyone was safe.

Looking over and up, which was a rarity to have a male taller then her she smiled over at Jack her acute senses picking up on his arousal. Taking in his form she had to admit to herself that he was looking good, the Mohawk adding just that extra something and drawing attention to his blue eyes. She continued with the teasing, "You know damn well that there is not an ounce of fat on you. Which makes you a credit to your people, most humans are so out of shape these days." she says bumping him playfully with her shoulder.

Looking ahead she sees several glowing eyes in the shadows, sighing her face lost its smile though the humor was still in her eyes as she stopped and looked up into his eyes, "Try to be on your best behavior while you are staying here..." she glanced behind him the leaned forward a bit, "The pack is on edge at the moment so you will need to be careful and remember all of that werewolf etiquette that I showed you. Like do not look any of them in the eye, they will consider it a challenge and you are not pack nor are you a normal human; therefore you are accountable for your actions." Hands again running through her hair in a nervous habit, "I was going to go to my apartment, but then you would be here alone and well with that thing running around so openly in the city...." letting that sentence going unfinished she looked down over at a pair of eyes that were closer then they needed to be and she growled making them retreat back. "It will probably be best if the whole pack, myself included stay here in the safety of the woods until that cursed meeting with the vampire prince can be arranged."

She turns from him and starts walking back toward the clearing where the most of the pack was already gathering to meet her, having smelled the intruder themselves and being on edge because of it they were not a happy bunch. Steeling herself for the fight that was liable to happen she entered the clearing whispering to Jack, "Stay close." before she made her way toward the center of the clearing to address the pack once again on the dangers that were lurking in the city and now even their woods.

It turns out that Shey actually did have to stop a fight as one of the older wolves, one of the ones who thought she could beat Shey in a fight leaped at Jack all teeth and claws. Not to have her guest harmed, nor was she to be so blatantly disrespected she met her in the air, the two falling to the ground in a ball of angry fur. The fight did not last long as Shey went to end it fast and not draw it out, so the fight ended just moments after it had begun with Shey snarling in the face of the whimpering female whose ear was nearly torn completely off. Standing in her human form she glared out at her pack, "Does anyone else wish to challenge me this night?!" she stood for a moment to wait and see if anyone was foolish enough to do so before she continued, "I know that times are hard and you are all worried about our future, but know this..." she pauses to make sure that they were all listening, "I will not allow any of you to come to harm. I would die to save each and everyone of you. Yet you will not think to challenge me and my wishes, no more vampire hunting until further notice. And this human...." she gestures to Jack, "Is under my personal protection and if he gets so much as a dirty look the wolf behind it will be answering to me." again she waits to allow the weight of her threat to sink in. "Now go to your dens, the pack is confined to the safety of the woods for the time being." she said with a growl as she waits for them to meld back into the shadows of the forest. Then turning to Jack she let out a sigh of relief, "So you sure you're safer here with me and my pack then out there facing that thing?" she teases him.

braioch8201 09-12-2008 05:19 PM
Memnoch rose from his place on the bench. He could practically taste the tension in the air. Bloodlust, desperation, a need for revenge, all of these things brought him exactly what he wanted, more challenges, more beings to fight and kill.

He cocked his head to the side and began walking down the main street. He gazed around at the lights, the people, the life that seethed from everything around him. He marvelled at how much the mortals didn't know, and that which they did know they would go to great extremes to make sure they didn't notice what was going on.

He smirked as he approached a central hub of activity for the preternatural. He loved the irony of the fact that the place which had the most mortal attention also drew forth the most activity from the other realms. He smiled to himself and seated himself outside a dimly lit coffee shot and sat. If nothing came to him, he would find his own. It was nothing personal, it was just how he was.

Scambo 09-13-2008 03:49 PM
Jack resigned himself to silence as he and Shey walked through the surrounded area. Werewolf etiquette was something that had eluded him since he was the Arrow's diplomat and now was no exception. No looking in the eyes, snarling or inspecting ones mate. At least, that was what he remembered. He considered making a witty comment, but the peering intangible eyes froze his tongue. Shey began speaking to her pack, and he could feel their gaze on him, irritated that a stranger had dared to trespass on their territory. He loosened the .45 in its holster knowing that even with the enchanted bullets it would be little use against the Lupines. A snarl and rustle of leaves snapped his attention back to see a member of the pack hurtling towards him. He freed the handgun and aimed but a silver blur slammed into the oncoming attacker, bearing them to the ground where the two struggled for a moment. The fight was ended abruptly when his attacker's ear was ripped off, leaving several jagged lumps of flesh clinging to the head. He shuddered as Shey growled a threat his ears could not pick up, reverted to her human form and addressed the rest of the pack in a steely tone. And yet she still was able turn and joke with him. He smiled and walked up,peering at her through the veil of darkness.
"Thats the second time you've saved my skin tonight. I have to pay you back some how." He grinned as he leaned in close, speaking in hushed and solid tones.
"Besides, with you I would feel safe in the Abyss itself." Realizing what he had said, he coughed and stepped back.
"I mean uhh.....they're all pretty loyal to you right? And that little show you put on earlier will serve as an example any others." He smiled weakly and fought a sudden rush of heat into his face.

Savior

Brian************************

Brian walks up and takes seat across from the strange vamp. “Judging from your… mannerisms and accent that you’re Ahzar.” He states calmly picking up the device. “And it’s not the Nosferatu you should worry about hacking your system but other Mekhets.”

He finally starts typing on the supposedly secure channel, So what’s this information you wanted to share? Brian looks up from the screen to stare at the vampire as if sizing him up for a moment.

almond 09-13-2008 08:12 PM
Azhar smiled as Brian decided to condone his way... for now. He happily typed away at his eeePc.

I don't trust my clanmates either, blood relations take a back seat when it comes to politics anyway.

Here's what I want you to look at.

He uploaded a series of maps to Brian and it auto opened in a separate window, showing an animation of emerging and disappearing red dot on the map of Solace.

This was from a month ago. It garnered my attention when one of the Fae was expunged at first.

My Lord Brian, their circle of their activities grow larger and larger. But they always come from the same source, roughly.... here....

Azhar tapped a part of the map which enlarged itself on Brian's screen. It showed an industrial layout of factories.

The south quarter factories. I believe.... that this is Lupine jurisdiction? Kindred had no influence there so I couldn't get a closer look. As to where exactly, I've been unable to pinpoint it out.... yet.

This information is not free however. But something tells me you're going to love paying me anyway.

Azhar smiled as he thumbed his thumbdrive while deleting any information that he had sent to Brian thus far, no traces of the map remained on his eeePc now.

The map and their movement history is here in my hands. They more or less travel the same routes every night but their circle of patrols are getting bigger.

My payment would be being the Prince of Solace. I'm sure you're smart enough to know what it implies. A Prince who pushes away potential allies out of his doorstep is.... inefficient.

He then smiled patiently as he closed off his eeePc.

"A simple yes or no would do, Shah Brian."

eferhilda 09-13-2008 09:30 PM
Shey smiled as she actually felt herself leaning into him as well, "Well I try to do my best to protect those that I am 'fond' of." she smirks a bit though her eyes were serious without the teasing humor from before, *Why was it she had never before realized how blue his eyes were? Or the strength of his body and presence?* She thinks to herself for a moment before she looks away from him a bit unnerved by the sudden rush of feelings from her body.

"The pack is loyal to me, well most of them are anyway. Though with this new threat and me calling off the was with the vampires, some of them have begun to doubt my strength of mind and commitment." she gave him a side ways glance for a moment before she sighed again her hands running through her hair, "Now I'm letting humans stay within our woods. If this threat is not resolved quickly I will be getting more challenges like tonight. Jasmine will not back down from just one defeat, she will wait and gather supporters and then come at me again. Probably trying to hurt you to get to me or even some of the other humans that I associate with on a daily basis." she did not have to worry about Brian he could take care of himself, but the humans at her job they were free came and vulnerable to the attacks of even the weakest in her pack.

She turns back to face Jack looking up at him again with a tired smile, "So where is this spot of yours? That way I can walk you there safely then post some guards before I return to my own den to sleep."

The two wolves she sent to chase after the creature lost track of him once they got into the city, though they made it a point to recognize its scent before they went back into the woods to report Shey about them losing track of the creature in the city.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:10 am 
Savior

Scambo 09-14-2008 12:10 PM
Jack sneezed when he heard the two wolves come through and speak briefly before leaving again. He felt a cold coming on and wished he had left the leather jacket at home and grabbed a hoody or something. He frowned at her request.

"I dunno. I know can trust you and whoever you trust, but I think that the less people that know about it the better, that way I remain invisible but within reach and if I stay out of sight long enough, chances are your pack will think I got killed or moved on." He sighed before adding in a somber tone:

"I'm sorry that you had to stick your neck out and risk your place for my sorry ass. I really am." He looked into the luminescent gold orbs of her eyes before starting towards his safehouse. After a time, a clearing with a small lake came into view and he stopped. Rolling down the right sleeve of his jacket, Jack saw the silver arrow tattoo that reached from his elbow to the back of his hand glowing in the dim light of the forest. In hushed tones he spoke a rote and the arrowhead glowed fiercely, pointing towards the safehouse. He walked over and cast about, moving leaves and moss, searching. Finally, a marble block with an arrow carved unto peered up at him, apparently untouched by the ages. Speaking another rote, his tattoo flared again and he pressed it into the indentation on the stone. A barely audible 'click' echoed out, and the waters of the lake began churning as a doorway connected to a dimly lit corridor rose and set itself on the shore. He made a sweeping gesture with his left hand and said:
"And that, is why you couldn't find it."

Ladypuppet 09-14-2008 02:24 PM
*Cutra walked into the hall of the five mages. Her eyes slowly looked around the room. She saw that she was the frist to arrive out of the five. Cutra knew that she maybe the only one out of the five to show. Since the last time that the mage's had meet there had been no contact between them. Walking forward her tail slowly moved across the long mage council desk. Shivvering softly she moved her hand up and tsked at the desk. At the end of both sides there were stairs leading to the chairs. Each labeled for each mage. Her moves were almost as a gluide as she moved up the stairs and over to her chair leaning on the back of it she looked out.*
(Forgotten i hope that is okay. For now.)

eferhilda 09-14-2008 09:54 PM
Shey heard him sneeze and was reminded about the frailty of being just human, she would never get sick or even age like a normal human. She would remain strong for years and years, until most humans that she knew were long gone. Though she did wish she could offer him something to help with the chill of the weather, but all she had was her jean jacket and it was bounded to her body so she would not being giving it up anytime soon. Besides that she doubted that it would be much help against the cold nights here in the forests. Looking back into his eyes she shrugs, "Your ass is no more sorry then my own at times."

Following him into the clearing she waited as she watched him follow the glowing tattoo on his arm, the hair on the back of her neck tingling from the sensation of magic. Watching with curiosity as he moved around some of he leaves and foliage until he found a marble slab. He spoke another phrase and then pressed his glowing tattoo against the rock, her sensitive ears picking up the clicking noise as the waters from the lake began to churn and a pathway of sorts rose from the water.

He made a sweeping gesture with his left hand and said:
"And that, is why you couldn't find it."

Walking up to him with her hands on her hips she smiles before giving a low whistle, "Well I knew it had to be something special for me to not have found it." she says looking down the corridor at the door. "I guess you are as safe as you will ever be out here in this place then if you were in my den sleeping beside me." saying this without thinking.

Scambo 09-15-2008 08:56 PM
Jack heard her comment and unconsciously moved closer to her, standing only inches apart.

"Well, we'd have to see about that now wouldn't we?" The words had come out in a rush and modesty told him to step back but he found that he could not. From where he stood he could smell her, a heavy scent laden with the earthen smell of the forest and all that stood within. Her presence intoxicated him, and from the dim light still projecting off of his tattoo he saw a stray strand of dark hair marring her otherwise flawless features. Reaching up slowly, he brushed it aside but let his hand linger. The night's cold had been dispelled by a sudden rush of heat followed by the powerful thudding of his racing heart. His breath came in short fluttering gasps and he felt fire racing through his body. His mind raced with questions and inhibitions, but he ignored them all, trapped in the heat of passion. Silently, overlapped by the demands and desires of the body, his mind absently wondered just what he was getting into. But it was droned out by the thunderous roar of his pounding chest and by the realization that deep down, he knew that if he stopped now, if he hesitated in the slightest, he would lose her and forever be cursed to wonder what if? If it was not meant to be, than he could live knowing he had done all he could, and what more could he ask of himself? The question was lost to him as he found himself frozen, terrified and filled with a strange elation he had never known before at the same time.

Savior

eferhilda 09-15-2008 09:47 PM
Shey felt him move closer hearing his words she closed her eyes as she felt her body answer to his. It was almost like she could still see him as his hand moved toward her face, her body shivering from some deep core of her being. Before she knew it she was leaning into him more, her body wanting to close the gap between them as her hand went up to cover his on her face. She could hear, almost feel his heart beat as her body made contact with his own, her breath coming faster now as she finally opened her eyes and looked up into his own. So very blue, like cool depths of the lake in spring time. Pressed up against him she could feel that his chest and stomach mimicked his arms with their chiseled finest, breathing deeply of his scent she had to hold back a moan. He smelled of power and that all consuming aroma that was male, a dominate and powerful male that called to the wolf in her.

Steadying herself she takes a deep breath before she spoke, "But your den is so much closer then mine....plus there is less chance of someone coming to interrupt us..." her voice was a bit husky as she licked her lips slowly. She knew this was something that was not appropriate, not given the current times, nor the state of the pack. Yet she felt compelled to be with him, there was potential for him to be the one to answer the call of her wolf's song. He had all the makings to be the mate of an alpha, she only hoped that could all survive this new threat so that they would have time to explore this deeper. For now though she would content herself with spending this one night, under the gentle lapping waves of the lake, to be happy at least in body if not soul. Without the pressures of being the alpha to weigh so heavily on her mind....resting a hand on his chest with only the beating of his heart to lull her to sleep.

Closing her eyes she rests her head against his chest and gives into the her desires, her body relaxing completely in his arms; wanting him to care and watch over her in the way that the pack had her. Sometimes it was hard to be alpha, sometimes even harder when you were alone and had no mate with which to share those lonely cold stress filled nights.

Aviose 09-15-2008 10:04 PM
Aviose took in Chris's response with a cold stare, his eyes betraying nothing of what he thought. Truth was though, there was a large part of him that rejoiced at the thought of a cease fire. The constant battle with the werewolves wasn't going as well as he had hoped, and he knew that there were a few of his minions that blamed him. And, knowing most vampires, they probably wanted a crack at being prince themselves.

"That does sound fair, go inform the werewolves that we shall meet there. I shall be there before this night is out, so make sure they are as well." Aviose responded, rising from the table and nodding his head towards Chris. That was a sign of respect the prince rarely gave, and he hoped that the vampire wouldn't take it for granted. Making his way back to his office he summoned a runner.

"I need you to go into the city and locate Azhar for me, and tell him I need him right away." Aviose said, knowing his Mekhet information gatherer would be able to offer a gift of intelligence to the wolves. Not that he truly wanted to share it, but if it caused the wolves to do the dirty work before the vampires then it would be worth it. "I also need you to locate Memnoch and tell him the same. Have them come to me here, now run like the sun was nipping at your heels." He commanded, and the runner vanished out the doorway. He wanted Memnoch to be there simply for his love of combat. Aviose knew him to be a loose cannon, and surely the ceasefire would not be good news for him, but the one thing the prince could count on was that should things go south during the meeting he could be counted on to kill any who stood against him.

braioch8201 09-15-2008 10:16 PM
Memnoch sensed the being before he had even spotted him. The youngling ran up to him, if it were possible sweat would have been running down the young ones face. Memnoch raised his eyebrow at the youngling, he had patience in stock today.

"Yes?" his voice rang out and almost seemed to slap the boy.

"M-m-m-my m-ma-master requ-requests your pre-presence," the boy managed to stammer out.

Memnoch smiled at the boy, "well that's all well and good, but it requires you to specify who your master is my boy."

The boy jumped at the Memnoch's words, "Ah, Prince Aviose..." his voice trailed off as he slowly backed away from Memnoch.

Memnoch laughed, "Ah, I wondered how long it would take him to figure out I was here. Oh don't worry my boy, I have no taste for cowards, begone, I will meet your master by the end of this hour."

The boy ran off, terrified for his life, but relieved he had left the encounter with his life, he had heard enough rumors about Memnoch to know to avoid him.

Memnoch gazed up at the building. He was mildly curious to see what the Prince of his kind wanted, he had never had the "honor" of meeting the individual, but it seemed on this nights of all nights he would get his chance.

He smiled as he walked through the building and approached the door to the office. Ignoring all sense of civility and manners he swung open the doors and stepped inside.

Catching sight of Aviose he bowed out of polite respect. Then his nature came into play as a cold but somewhat playful smile and glint in his eyes danced on his face.

"You summoned?"

almond 09-16-2008 07:08 AM
Azhar's cell started to vibrate in his jacket pocket. Taking it out, he flipped open the clamshell phone and scowled after reading the contents. He swiftly replaced the phone in his pocket and lay the thumb drive between him and Brian.

"This display the information of their movement against the Kindred. I assure you, it is quite accurate if you wish to cross reference by setting up patrols on the routes. I will upload the information relating to your kind after you agree to my terms. But for now, I must be off."

He got up and dusted his jeans while smiling at Brian.

"Keep the computer. You'll be needing it. Further contacts will no longer require face to face encounters, as I'm sure that is how we prefer."

Any sentient beings that were to look at Azhar right now would simply not register him either in their sight, sound or smell. Azhar simply vanished from the mind's eye yet in reality he was still there, but walking slowly towards the edge of the roof. He stepped off the ledge and called upon the blood again to make himself more agile by landing safely on the pavement below. Though he felt the need to feed soon, he still could stave off for this night.

He walked a few blocks towards the Elysium and encountered a fledgling Kindred on route, the same one who tripped one of his motion sensors that alerted him earlier, no doubt.

"I know. I'm going."

He made his way to the familiar steps leading up to the Elysium's doorway. Inside, he slowly made his way towards the Prince. It seemed that someone else was already there before him. The Daeva, Memnoch, Azhar surmised. Unlike any other Daeva, Memnoch's own art addiction happened to be one in the form of murder. It crossed Azhar's mind many times that he was perhaps better suited to be embraced by clan Gangrel instead.

Still, whatever it is that Aviose was planning, Azhar knew earlier on never to underestimate a Ventrue. He stepped besides Memnoch and simply gave Aviose a short curt bow, speaking nothing.

Savior

Forgotten Wolf 09-16-2008 09:27 AM
Chris***************************

Chris waited patiently as the prince thought and stared at him coldly. If he so chose, Chris could easily have read if this was something the prince wanted but he kept his spring powers out of this negotiations. With the prince’s reply, Chris returned the respectful nod and left to contact Brian… and actually get permission from the mage council to use their halls since the prince decided to try and get this all done this very night!

Later…

Chris walks into the mage council chambers but finds only one of the arch-mages there… it would have to do. “Lady Cutra, I know this is very short notice but the vampires and werewolves would like to use these halls to negotiate a cease fire agreement tonight. I think you are aware of how much of an impact this can make on the city as well as the need for the negotiations to be held on neutral yet secure grounds.” Chris hoped she wouldn’t turn down the request out right or else these negotiations could go down hill very fast…

Brian***************************

Brian nodded along as the information that was presented, glad to have some pieces of data in this regard but also wary because vampires rarely if not never gave up anything for free. When the ‘payment’ did slip out Brian’s eyes snapped up at the man in anger. He was about to burst out and tell Azhar what he thought about what he wanted for payment but Azhar’s phone interrupted them.

The vampire made his farewells and walked off leaving the fuming Brian looking over the thumb drive and eeePc. He collected the things not out of the idea of the payment but rather for the information and possibly returning the things to that vampire. Shortly his cell rang… it was Chris…

Brian made a quick stop at his packs church to collect a simple lighter incase things got out of hand with the vampires since vampires are both terrified (the older/stronger ones can usually suppress the urge to panic and run) and badly hurt by fire. Brian probably wouldn’t use it to harm any of the vampire representatives but maybe to bring a bad conflict under control. He then went to find Shey after he left a message for Viktor of the City Lords knowing that the pompous wolf would probably show up if for nothing else but to antagonize him and Shey. Shey proved difficult to find though, she wasn’t at her job or her apartment despite what time it was. With no where else he could think of to search, Brian head back to the Black Rose territory and again howls to announce his presence. “They really need to get a phone line or something out here.” He mumbles as he waits for a response…

Ladypuppet 09-16-2008 05:37 PM
*Cutra looked back over her shoulder and tilts her head before truning around and looked to chris with an amost ice cold gaze.* This is very short notice, but alas i will see them. Tonight, if they wish this they will come and not fight in my present. This will be conducted in a civil manner. * Arching a brow she looked and narrowed her eyes.* Why are you still here, you have news that you need to be reporting. Now go and begone from site. *Truning she sat on the end of the desk as she watched the boy go. She didn't want to see another war on her hands. This had to be done tonight and be done right.*

braioch8201 09-16-2008 06:18 PM
As Menoch waited to see what the Prince wanted with him, his mind raced backwards to his immortal life.

Ever since he was even born as a mortal he had fought. He'd fought everything, from his parents, to his siblings, tutors, and then he discovered the Colliseum. From that point he'd found his purpose, that is until he had beaten almost everything it had had to offer him, then he was bored.

He would search and roam the country side, battling and slaying anyone that stood to fight against him. Then he had become an immortal on that fateful night. The youngling that as a human he had fought and lost, his first defeat since his youth. Then he was transformed, Memnoch then took his old name and through it to the side and became Memnoch.

Years later he found his maker, already a powerful vampire, fought and slew him. After that his purpose was still true, he fought, hacked and slashed a bloody path through the preternatural history. All forms of supernatural and otherworldy beings learned his name throughout the course of time.

He scoffed when called a loose cannon. He was not so young and impulsive to slay and fight at a whim, he knew when the time was, but as he got older, he no longer needed to fear things. All beings, vampires, lycans, mages and the like no longer posed a threat to him. His cold, merciless and precise fighting skills made him deadly. His lust for the fight, for the loss of blood was what struck the final blow in his legacy.

His name struck a chord of fear through many groups, fear mingled with respect and curiosity. Many few had had the honor of hiring his blades for hire and lasting through it. Too many of them had tried to either betray him or rip him off of his payment, whether the payment was monetary or otherwise. For this he slew them and their kindred.

The prince and the leaders of the Lycans and mages were well known for their hesitation in their dealings with Memnoch, but different leaders at a different time and point had come to call on him, and most, MOST had honored their end of the deal.

Memnoch stood with a cold smile on his face as another vampire walked into the room.

Could that be? Hmph interesting indeed...

Memnoch's eyes narrowed, an information gatherer in this place? Memnoch found himself wondering if it was his blades for sure that were needed, or if he was going to become a just-in-case.

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 12:36 pm 
Savior

Scambo 09-16-2008 08:02 PM
Jack took a deep steadying breath, trying in vain to calm his thundering heart. There had been a moment, a fraction of a second where he was sure that she would back away and leave him, cold and alone. In that moment, he had felt an emptiness open within him, a bottomless chasm that would take him and never let go. Her embrace dispelled the darkness and made him whole once more filling the gaps that his fear had formed. He could still remember their first meeting.

She, the powerful and respected alpha of a powerful pack and he, just a troublesome mage who's notions of morality and righteousness placed him at odds with the command. The morning had been cold and dreary, dragging a sticky dampness to the air and ground. It was that day that he and two of his fellow Arrows entered the forest, their goal to make peace and secure a possible ally against the darker things roaming Solace. In full battle regalia the three stumbled and blundered their way through the forest, trying in vain to decipher their position and heading. Eventually, they blundered into the clearing that he now stood in. There, they called forth the safehouse, not as large as a barracks but for its purpose, perfect. After concealing it in a nearby lake and performing the proper enchantments, they departed again into the woods. They had made the meeting place just before dusk and found a werewolf lounging leisurely atop a large rock outcropping. The form whisked into a human woman. She was easily one of the most beautiful things he had ever witnessed with his own eyes, a fusion of primal strengths and elegance. Jack had been thankful for the normally suffocating full helmet of the Arrows, concealing his awe and wonder of the strange creature that confronted him. The negotiations had begun slowly, and a brief intermission was taken. He observed from an outsiders view, seeing the efficiency of the culture and social structure. A vampire raid took the Lupine's and their potential allies by surprise and the body count was mounting before they managed to organize a defense. Of the diplomats, only he survived and only barely.
He returned to command, disgraced and dejected. Sometime later, he had been sent back and there he had stayed until he abandoned the cause. The night he had left had been one much like the one he enjoyed now, a cool twilight masked by stars and bathed in moonlight. A slight stirring of the hand on his chest brought him back, standing, frozen in a moment of passion and untold desires, cradled in Shey's arms. He closed his eyes, entombed in the passing seconds, intoxicated by her presence. He lifted her head from his chest and leaned in, kissing her gingerly. A howl penetrated the silence, echoing out across the forest, but he paid it no heed, enthralled by passion.

eferhilda 09-16-2008 10:50 PM
Shey too reminiscing about their first meeting, back then she was still trying to get the pack to think a little differently; especially after she lost Brain and the few wolves he took with him. She was trying to show the pack that there was more to the world then just fighting the vampires alone, that having allies, even human ones would be a good idea. So she had agreed to meet with the Arrows in hopes of forming some kind of an alliance with them and she had to admit she was a little disappointed when she saw the little group come lumbering into her clearing looking like some lost sheep. The negotiations were so going because she kept interrupting them with questions, mainly to test their resolve and how they handled to added stress. Jack was the only one who responded to all of her smart ass remarks with jokes and cleaver remarks of his own, when they had broke to allow some tempers to cool she went about her alpha duties and kept the other members from eating the mages. Just as the meeting was about to get underway again they were attacked and it was nasty, she lost a good many wolves that night and two of the mage ambassadors. Jack survived and there was that bond that came from battle between them and she had a new level of respect for him. When he left she had not really thought nothing of it, figuring that the Arrows were not going to seek treaty with them anytime soon and had gone about her life as usual. Then he showed up again a year later and that bond seemed to have blossomed so how into something more, perhaps it had been growing steadily all these nights as she laid alone in her bed at her apartment. That empty yearning for something more to fill it, often her dreams had been haunted by tired blue eyes that still held that spark from the battle. Eyes that at the time she had looked into with interest, but then the stresses and demands of the pack drawn her gaze away. Yet now they were alone and there was no pack to distract her now...

Tilting her head up to meet his lips, looking into those eyes again for one more brief moment before he kissed her and she felt her body flare with the intense passion and need for him. Leaning into the kiss, deepening it she began to give herself up totally to the moment when a faint howl on the air broke the silence of the area. Slowly and with heavy regret she broke the kiss as she looked up into his eyes, her hand cupping the side of his face "A few more moments and we would have been safely hidden away within the confines of your den..." she smiles sadly, "...but once again my duties to the pack summon me." Her eyes looked deeply into his for a moment more searching them, for what she was not sure but; perhaps understanding and acceptance. "I need to go see what news Brain brings, its probably about the meeting with the vampires he was arranging. You are welcome to come with me or stay the choice is yours..." she said to him softly, though deep down she wanted him to go with her, wanted his presence at her side to lend her some form of support. Depending on his answer she would go and meet Brain either alone or with him.

Sometime later coming into the same clearing as before she looked upon Brain with a bit of annoyance, "The hour is late Brain I would hope this is important enough to have called me here." she says crossing her arms over her chest, her whole body displaying her annoyance at having been summoned here while she was wanting to be else where, doing something else.

Aviose 09-16-2008 11:07 PM
Aviose was pleased with the quick response from Memnoch, though his manners were not quite up to par, at least the vampire warrior made an attempt. Offering him a nod, the vampire prince took a seat himself behind the mahogany desk in his office.

"Yes, I am in need of your unique talents and reputation. Once the others show up I will elaborate." He said, never one to repeat things. He didn't have to wait long for Azhar to appear, and Aviose noted how one of his top information gatherers fell in silently behind the warrior. "Ah, nice to see you Azhar. Now, down to business at hand. The werewolves have approached me seeking a cease fire in the fighting. As some of you may know.." He said, his cold gaze falling on Azhar with a slight grin. "There is a new group of human hunters seeking supernatural prey, and unlike the random fanatical group of jokers these humans are skilled. They have already taken out some of our kind, werewolves, and even ghosts. The meeting should take place tonight, once a certain intermediary returns. Azhar, I need you to gather all the information on the humans and bring it with you. Share it freely, and let them make the first move against the hunters. Memnoch, in case you haven't guessed you are to join us to lend your skills in case the dogs decide not to behave." He finished, before leaning back in his chair and tapping his fingers together. "Until the intermediary returns, feel free to have a drink." Aviose said, gesturing to a large decorative scotch bottle, though instead of scotch it had blood with a few scotch glasses.

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 12:36 pm 
Savior

braioch8201 09-16-2008 11:18 PM
Memnoch's face slanted sideways.

"Hmph, a guard dog? That's what you ask of me?"

He rolled his eyes slightly as he walked to the desk. His eyebrows raised as he glanced over at the bottle.

"Human or Vampire?"

He had heard of this new group. Their infamous rumor passing around like wildfire through the community. Actually he had met with a group of them not too long ago, he'd forgotten exactly how long it had been, but after living for a couple of millenia, time lost its meaning. They had been formidable, and well prepared, and extremely well-informed. They knew a lot about him, more than humans should have known, it bothered him slightly, but he enjoyed the new found challenge.

He cocked his head as he considered the prince's request. He moved his eyes upwards and thought about it. Lycan's were well known for their lack of patience, and quick tempers, not to mention it wasn't a hidden fact that they hated vampires. Then again if the meeting should go according to plan, Memnoch knew he they would be dealing with this new human group, and he wanted to be involved in that.

"Fine, I'll do it. 1.2 million, half in cash up front, and throw in a traitor youngling or so to satiate my thirst and we'll call it a deal. Deal?"

Memnoch's eyes glittered coldly as he waited quite patiently, pouring himself a glass.

almond 09-16-2008 11:37 PM
Azhar sighed as Memnoch tried to fish out a deal with the Prince. He may be more powerful physically but in here, his strengths and threats would amount to nothing. Instead he reached out and poured himself a glass while downing the shot in one fast motion. The liquid trickled slowly down his throat and he felt elated because of the sustenance. He hadn't fed yet and this was exactly what he needed.

Still, the Prince's request bothered him a little. Exposing everything he knew was never his style. Doing so would make his meeting with the Lupine alpha earlier a waste of time. He would have to divulge something new, yet not out of line with what he has shown two parties so far.

"I shall do as you ask, my Prince," was all he said to paint a very contrasting picture with Memnoch.

He did not trust others yet played upon it to survive. Then again, he didn't even trust that the Lupine would accept his proposal earlier. No matter, all of them were cogs in a wheel, incomplete by themselves but form a functional and wonderful machine when oiled together. Azhar would be that oil.

"I did gather something new tonight. I shall share it with the others."

He needed leverage. And tonight he would have it.

Aviose 09-17-2008 06:40 PM
Aviose stopped suddenly when Memnoch asked for payment, and a large one at that. The prince's facial features took on a much more sinister gaze, which focused on the mercenary.

"Perhaps you don't know who I am, or what I am capable of." Aviose hissed, anger lacing each of his cold words. "I am the prince, the most powerful vampire in the entire city, and when I ask one of my kind for assistance they do not ask for money. I don't care how strong or skilled you think you are, you will either learn your place in this city or leave. You will receive no money for your presence with me, which by the way most of my warriors would be honored to have, and you will do as I say. Unless of course you tire of your existence, which can be easily remedied if you so desire." He finished, his angered face staring directly at the upstart warrior. He would normally acknowledge Azhar's agreement to his orders, for he was being a proper vampire, but he was waiting on Memnoch's reply to his command. The prince was always prepared to defend himself, and since he began to suspect usurpers trying to take his throne he was well prepared to deal with vampires, especially in his own office.

Scambo 09-17-2008 07:25 PM
He stepped back and reached up to stroke her hair.

"Hasn't anyone ever told you not to ask questions you already know the answers to. Besides, if this actually works I get to be a foot note." He said with a wink.
"I just need to grab a few things before we go. In case the biters get....unfriendly." He strode through the doorway, skipping the opposite halls and doorways, moving straight into his old barracks. They hadn't cleared it out. Good. Reaching into the weapons locker he pulled a sword sheathed in the traditional blue-tan armor of the Atlantean guards. Reaching into his old chest, he produced a 44. revolver which he tucked behind his belt, on his left hand side. Then came a blue glowing vial of which he downed the contents, locking his jaw to not vomit. The mana potions worked but one would think that magic would be able to change its taste! After depositing several speed-loaders and pulling on his sword gauntlets, he went to leave before he noticed a spare armor locker lying dejectedin the hall. Approaching, he pulled the door open and saw his reflection in the tall mounted armor of the Adamantine Arrows. Blue under clothes, wrapped in tan enchanted ceramic plating. After a brief hesitation, he pulled the torso piece over his head and dragged the leggings on as well. For a moment, he eyed the helmet, the symbol of the order with Marks of arrows hurtling about, the thick ceramic unbroken save for the thin bar to allow vision. He threw it into the small messenger bag he strapped to his back, over the sword. After tugging his clothes over the armor, he returned to the surface, locking the enchanted tattoo into position and watching the base sink back beneath the waves, ready to return at his bidding. Turning, he saw Shey standing in the clearing, looking off into the trees. He felt his heart swell at the sight of her, and he found himself questioning the events that had brought them together. He had met her only several times, but this time had been different. When he last had the pleasure of her company, he had been a simple diplomat, observing from the outside but nothing more. Now, he was an equal, pulled to her as if by fate. It was only then that he realized just how madly in love he had fallen with the enigmatic pack alpha. Shifting the bulk of the bag, he started walking back towards the clearing. He could see her face, set in determination and irritation. He was nervous a and sweating bullets and he wouldn't even be a part of the negotiations! The fear on screwing up the deal and putting a screeching stop to any hope of peace held him fast like a chain, almost on the brink of driving him away. He prayed that he could borrow her courage in the hard times to come. But the love he felt for Shey far outwon his fear and the sombre knowledge that if something were to happen to her while he was cowering in fear, he would no longer be able to live with himself. Putting a hand on her shoulder, he spoke softly.

"Whenever you need me, I'll always be there. Always." After several minutes of walking, a clearing opened into view, a lone figure stood, silent and foreboding but Shey walked closer, venting irritation on them. Though he looked somewhat familiar, Jack did not recognize the visitor, and stayed carefully silent as the two spoke.

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 12:37 pm 
Savior

almond 09-17-2008 08:29 PM
Azhar shot Memnoch a sideways glance from his travesty. He maybe old, but he acted like a fledgeling.

"Money is useless to our kind, brother Memnoch, unless it is used as a tool. Besides....

....lift one finger within Elysium and you'll be hunted by every Kindred here or in any city that you go to the moment you step outside. Even the Prince is no exception to this rule. Elysium is the only place we can talk without violence anyway. To break that tradition would be costly," he did not pause to hear what Memnoch had to say, but turned towards the Prince and bowed again.

"By your leave, I must prepare for the presentation for tonight. Simply call me and I shall be with you post haste."

Azhar turned around and left for another part of the Elysium somewhere on the second floor of the building. His 'corner' if you will. Some of his equipment were stored here to gain trust from the Prince. Nothing ground breaking, just normal things like servers, some surveillance equipment. Most importantly, it houses his LCD projector and the screen. He doubt his point would be made clear with his small eeePc alone.

Before he left his storage room, he went to his server and typed a new command before executing it. Smiling with satisfaction, he proceeded to exit his corner of the Elysium carrying the equipment over his shoulders.

braioch8201 09-18-2008 02:12 AM
Memnoch's laugh boomed through the room. He turned towards Azhar first.

"If money were no problem then the Prince wouldn't have made it such,"

He turned back towards the Prince and smiled coldly, clearly enjoying himself.

"As for you your highness," his tone hinting at sarcasm, "I want nothing to do with your throne, so worry not. Also I am not a vampire with allegiances to anyone by nature, including yourself. So in order for me to have the "honor" of serving you, at the very least I expect to be compensated some how."

He leaned back, the humor erased from his face, and took a swig from the glass near him. He made a face at the taste and waited and thought to himself. Sometimes it was wiser to make a comprimise.

"Hmph, fine, no monetary value, but I expect to be involved in whatever you plan with the dogs in regards to this new human group. Also either permission to feed on vampire blood during all of this, or at least have a vampire deemed a traitor or whatever to me? I believe this of all things should be deemed acceptable, if not, I have no problem leaving this city behind on it's own. Their are many more who would gladly have me."

With that, his mind set, he leaned back and waited patiently.

Aviose 09-18-2008 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by braioch8201 (Post 229151)

"As for you your highness," his tone hinting at sarcasm, "I want nothing to do with your throne, so worry not. Also I am not a vampire with allegiances to anyone by nature, including yourself. So in order for me to have the "honor" of serving you, at the very least I expect to be compensated some how."

He leaned back, the humor erased from his face, and took a swig from the glass near him. He made a face at the taste and waited and thought to himself. Sometimes it was wiser to make a comprimise.

"Hmph, fine, no monetary value, but I expect to be involved in whatever you plan with the dogs in regards to this new human group. Also either permission to feed on vampire blood during all of this, or at least have a vampire deemed a traitor or whatever to me? I believe this of all things should be deemed acceptable, if not, I have no problem leaving this city behind on it's own. Their are many more who would gladly have me."

With that, his mind set, he leaned back and waited patiently.
Aviose stared hard at the upstart vampire, wondering if this creature was really worth the trouble he might be. But at least he had enough sense to not attack Aviose, in his office at least. Aviose did believe that he didn't seek his position, but one could never be too careful.

"Don't worry, you will have plenty of chances to spill human blood in the coming days. If you wish to be involved with the werewolves hunt for the humans then I give you leave to join them in their assault." He said after a tense moment of silence. "As for blood, we have plenty of human blood for you to feed upon while we shore up our defenses. I'm not fond of vampires feeding upon one another, no matter how strong it makes you." He said, a bit of distaste in his voice at the mention of diabllre.

"But if you wish to leave my city, I will gladly bid you safe passage to it's limits. The choice is yours." He finished, placing his hands upon the desk before him, a single finger tracing along the pommel of his blade that sat sheathed out of sight within. He almost found it a shame that he didn't get a chance to use it, but there would be other times.

braioch8201 09-18-2008 02:00 PM
The Prince's distate for his taste in blood made Memnoch smile again, he always loved watching vampires squirm at the thought of the cannibalism of it.

"Well that's not a no on feeding on vampires, so I'll take that as a whatever. For your sake I'll just stick to rogue vampires, I've found that I can no longer live on human blood any longer, a curse of having fed on Immortal blood for far too long."

He shrugged as he turned and gazed around the room, well decorated, finely done, a not so subtle hint of an age far gone. It was always the way with immortals, they never really do escape the age they lived in as mortals. Hell, he couldn't escape the cold, logical, and blood spilling days of his as a mortal, why should anyone else be any different?

An idea flashed in his head as he turned back towards the prince, he knew the idea might cause a stir, and he decided descretion might be the best option. He bowed curteously, keeping his face still and lacking any condescending or obscene emotion.

"Also my lord, I humbly request one more thing. Not a demand, merely a friendly request. That if you should so desire, that I receive one, and only one friendly battle between yourself and I, not to the death, or any real damage, a friendly battle, between two worth opponents? I will take no offense if you decline of course, merely a request...a curiosity."

Memnoch waited stilly and patiently for the response.

Savior

Aviose 09-19-2008 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by braioch8201 (Post 229504)

"Well that's not a no on feeding on vampires, so I'll take that as a whatever. For your sake I'll just stick to rogue vampires, I've found that I can no longer live on human blood any longer, a curse of having fed on Immortal blood for far too long."
Now Aviose was sure that Memnoch was truly insane, for it was impossible that human blood couldn't sustain him, no matter what he thought. That was one side effect of diabllre, it deteriorated the mind after too long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braioch8201 (Post 229504)
An idea flashed in his head as he turned back towards the prince, he knew the idea might cause a stir, and he decided descretion might be the best option. He bowed curteously, keeping his face still and lacking any condescending or obscene emotion.

"Also my lord, I humbly request one more thing. Not a demand, merely a friendly request. That if you should so desire, that I receive one, and only one friendly battle between yourself and I, not to the death, or any real damage, a friendly battle, between two worth opponents? I will take no offense if you decline of course, merely a request...a curiosity."
Aviose smirked at the request for a spar, though the idea did have merit. His normal sparring partners were getting predictable, a new blade to test his skills would be advantageous. That is, if his word about it being friendly was truth. Aviose knew he was a mercenary for hire, and he wouldn't put it past an overzealous vampire to hire him to hold a friendly spar, then have a convenient accident leaving the throne empty. Still Aviose was quite tempted to accept the offer, if for nothing else than to knock the upstart vampire down of his self imposed pedestal.

"Now that is an interesting request, one I'm inclined to accept, but now is not the time. Once the meeting is over, and you and the dogs have finished the humans we shall see what happens. Provided you survive of course." Aviose replied, a hint of an evil smile touching his lips. "We will be leaving soon, just waiting on word that the meeting is set." He continued, the hinting smile leaving his sharp features. He obviously didn't like waiting on others, especially with such important matters.

braioch8201 09-19-2008 12:33 PM
Memnoch said nothing as he turned and looked back across the room. He seen the doubt flash across the prince's face for a moment there.

Royalty always worried about their place on the throne, as if I really want to rule over our kind.

He turned back around and set a communicator down on the desk. He looked back up at the Prince.

"I have another matter I must attend too first. Should I fail to return here on time to follow you to the meeting, merely use this to inform me of everything, and I guarantee I will be there in an instant."

With a polite and curt bow he was turned and out the door and moments later on the street. He shot through the streets, rapidly moving until he had found his destination. There stood the derelict building, a well known hideout for rogue vampires, those who had not only no allegiance to the throne, but were set against it.

I'm sure the Prince won't mind if these ones disappear He thought to himself with a smile as he disappeared inside.

Moments later he was back on the streets, pumped full of blood. True he didn't need the blood of vampires to survive, but the taste and power were more preferable. He showed up at the place that he needed. In no time, he had all the weapons he needed. Added to his collection of weapons were two frag grenades, two incediary, and two smoke bombs around his waist. Also two more blades were added to straps right above his boots which containted their own hidden blades in the sole.

He was back on the streets and headed towards the Princes domain, it was going to be fun tonight. He was sure of it, and so he waited patiently outside for the Prince and his entourage, a slightl smile on his face.

Savior

Forgotten Wolf 09-22-2008 07:52 PM
Brian******************************

“Yes it’s important. The Prince agreed to meeting with the alphas but the bad news he wants it done tonight!” Brian counter with some irritation of his own at being thought of a pawn in some vampires political quest and at having to spend so long tracking her down. “The alphas are to come alone and the prince will be bringing two escorts to even the numbers out… We’re to be meeting in the mage council hall and if I didn’t have to spend so much time searching for you we would have all ready been there! The vampires are probably all ready waiting for us…” He practically growled. This really wasn’t turning out to be his night…He didn’t pay any attention to the mage.

Chris******************************

Chris’ sharp eyes narrowed back at the council leader though held his tongue at her treating him as just another low level messenger. As he turns to leave, there is a brief flash as the illusion that is the Mask is lifted revealing his true fae nature. The glittering emerald armor, the talon-like hands, the feather and petals that replaced his hair were only the start. From his back also sprouted two dark feathered wings and the very atmosphere change around him; the air becoming more like a cool spring morning complete with a the smell of flowers (actually there was always a slight though very intoxicating floral scent around him but now it was stronger) and dew. As a matter of fact, plants sprouted from his footsteps briefly as he walked away only to vanish without his presence to sustain them. It only lasted for a second or two before the vision of the business like man of Chris portrayed himself as left the room.

Chris waited in the entrance hall for the alphas and the vampire prince to arrive going off the impression the prince made that he was going to be heading right to the mage council hall once he had gathered his aids. Chris had told Brian also to come quickly as well thinking this was going to be a rushed introduction but as time started to go by and still no one had shown up… Finally he decided to at least call the prince to make sure this meeting was going to be done before the sun came up. He didn’t worry about Brian for the moment but he didn’t show soon Chris would start getting nervous for his friend’s safety. Now Chris was just waiting for the someone at the Elysium to pick up the phone…

eferhilda 09-23-2008 05:57 PM
Shey's eyes burned with well controlled rage as she met Brian's gaze, listening to him vent at her. Had Jack not been standing there she would have lost her cool and had it out right then and there with Brian for disrespecting her in such a way; the thought of Jack possibly getting hurt in the fight did not sit well with her. So instead she waits till he was done then she reached into pocket pulled out her blackberry pearl. Still meeting his gaze she held it to her ear then spoke very clearly into it, "Call Brian." A satisfied smirk comes to her face as she hears his phone vibrate and then begin to ring, "The wonders of modern technology."

Hanging up she looks over at him, "I make sure to get the best possible signal money can buy so that even here I can be reached. Though usually I would be at my apartment about now...." she gestures to Jack " but he ran into a bit of trouble and decided to bring it my way." she looks over to Jack and smiles softly before giving him a wink. Looking back to Brian "So he will be joining us since he saw this creature up close and personal. As for the vampire prince he can kiss my furry wolf ass if he is upset about us being late. Its rather rude for him to demand this meeting so soon and he will know of this and much more when I see his arrogant ass." she growled to him as she turned from him raising her cell phone to her ear again. She speaks quietly into it for a few moments before turning back, "Ok. The pack is aware of the meeting and my absence. They will be on alert but stick to my orders regarding no hunting the vampires while I'm gone."

With that she started off toward the meeting place, anger in her eyes for having to sink to such levels like dealing with vampires. The only good thing to come from this so far would have to be coming to realize her full feelings for Jack. If this should work out they way hoped then there would be more then enough time for them to spend loving one another. Experiencing the simple joy that comes from being with the one who completed your soul.

Sometime later the entered the council chambers of the fae, the feel of the magic and power made Shey nervous. Had she been in wolf form her hackles would have been raised, as it was she was already on high alert. She could hope that the vampires would be smart for once and not **** her off tonight, anymore then they had already for interrupting her and Jack. Had the prince not insisted on meeting tonight she could be, well doing something she would enjoy more then playing nice with those bastards. All well it was all for the greater good, right?

Scambo 09-23-2008 07:13 PM
Jack scowled as the two spoke, not enjoying being purposefully ignored. His mood only darkened further when the man said that he couldn't come but his spirits soared when he heard Shey's rebuke.He struggled not to laugh as she pulled her phone out, and returned her smile.
"Hey, like I said, things enjoy trying to kill me."

As they started out, he wondered vaguely who the third alpha was. There was Shey and Viktor, but who was the third? Was there even a third pack? There had been rumors and suggestions, but nothing concrete to go on. Whoever it was, they were smart enough to stay under the radar within Solace. He wondered absently if it was the man who had interrupted Shey and himself, Brian. They spoke like friends or at least equals, though it was apparent that Shey was upset. As he walked behind the two lupines, he found himself wondering just what we happening between himself and the enigmatic pack leader.

Sometime within the past three years he had fallen in love, though the when and why eluded him. What had happened in the clearing was spontaneous, the rush had overwhelmed him, drowning his senses and inhibitions beneath a tidal wave of forgotten desires and unfulfilled needs. He wanted to explore their relationship, see where it would take the two of them, but at the same time he was worried for her, afraid of what she would have to sacrifice for it.

Running a hand over his head, he decided to deal with the issue when the time came and focus on the present. He shifted the sword lashed to his back slightly, keeping the hilt protruding just over his shoulder. He fingered the Beretta sitting in its holster and felt the 44.'s handle jabbing him in the stomach. The mage council's hall loomed before them, a solemn monument to the Awakened. A nervous smile crossed his lips. It had been almost a year since he had last visited, and he hoped that the council didn't remember him or the little.....prank...he had played before abandoning the Arrows. As they approached, he saw that Shey was on edge. He moved beside her and squeezed her hand, drawing in the courage and power she seemed to radiate. As they passed, he notice the City Lord's alpha lounging nearby. Jack considered taunting him, but decided against it; the situation was too important to jeopardize for a few laughs. Taking a steadying breath, he hoped that his presence wouldn't endanger the peace.