All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Immortal Coworkers
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:46 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

St. Gardner's University was a moderately sized university; not too advertised, but not stuck in a small town. That was part of Avonia's criteria when finding a place. She needed enough nightlife to fill her evenings and feed her every night without double dipping, but she couldn't work anywhere that might get her recognized. This was becoming more and more difficult with the availability of the internet; but she still had a few more options before she'd have to take a break from teaching the somewhat hopeless youth of the 21st century.

The semester was starting in 2 days, her office was already stocked with her collection of books and she had finally found a place to live since for the last month she had been sleeping in a dingy motel bathroom since it was the only light tight place she could find in her room. She hated sleeping in the ground; she'd bear silver for an entire day before she'd agree to go to ground. Thankfully, she wouldn't have to deal with either the bathtub or the ground now that she had found a place that suited her liking.

Her things had been moved in during the day by a moving company thanks to a very helpful human she had retained over the years. Monica had made all the arrangements for the delivery over her furniture, clothes, and books; then she had supervised their arrangement in the apartment and taken a flight back to New York City, where she lived permanently. Avonia paid her handsomely for doing work like this over the last 20 years; enough to send her two children to very nice universities and finance a vacation or two. It was a shame that she'd pass away in a few decades and Avonia would have to hire someone else.

Tonight Avonia was armed with the keys to her new apartment and a very attractive girl who was a little tipsy and very easily convinced. They had started making out at the club where they had been dancing and hadn't stopped until they were getting out of the cab outside the building. They started again in the elevator ride up to her floor, only parting lips when they got to the door of the last apartment in the hall. Avonia pushed the key into the lock and tried to turn it with out success. She tried again, still being careful not to break the key off in the lock as the blonde kissed at her neck. "What's wrong?" The girl breathed and Avonia rolled her eyes. "It's a new apartment... my key isn't working. Hold on." She grumbled.

She pulled her phone out and dialed Monica, still rattling the key in the lock. When Monica's sleepy voice answered, Avonia growled. "I can't get into my apartment." Her human asked her whether she tried both keys, saying that they had worked that morning.

"Monica! What am I supposed to do? Screw this girl in the hallway? Break the door down? I don't think my new landlord with like that." She was close to giving an actual hiss.

The blonde who had stopped kissing her when her temper had started was quietly asking if she should leave, but Avonia's eyes darted to her, "don't you dare.... ugh... I'm not in the mood, Monica! What do I do?"

Little did she know, she had the wrong apartment.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Immortal Coworkers
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:26 pm 

I have returned

Armond stood at the metal desk that stretched across his apartment lengthwise, working the screws into a piece he planned to show his new class in two days. It was a ornate candelabra, with a firm wooden base and gothic designs along the arms. He’d ordered the base online weeks ago, but shipping delays made the project a down to the line matter. His backup piece, a somewhat less fancy metal cooking set, was scattered across the table next to him. He liked to bring something fancy for the new students to gawk at, usually got their interests peaked and brains working.

Giving a satisfied grunt on reviewing his finished piece. He heard a scraping coming from his door, metal on metal scratch like metallic mice. Turning towards the door, Armond tilted his head in mild disbelief and amusement. If someone was trying to pick his lock, they were doing a poor job of it. After weighing whether to greet his new guests at the door or wait for them to actually open the lock, he decided it would be better to stop them before they ruined his lock.

Unlocking and opening the door in a single motion, he came face to face with his new neighbor, Avonia. His eyes narrowed for a second, but he quickly noticed the second girl and the scent of alcohol.
“Hello neighbor, I believe you’ve gotten the wrong door. Your’s is over there.” He nodded his head to the left, trying to force a smile. He hoped he didn’t scare the normal girl away, that could cause problem, but he wouldn’t be surprised if he did. Standing at 6’8” with shoulders as wide as his doors, his size alone was intimidating enough. His head was shaved bald, with a full but lightly trimmed beard of dark brown. His eyes were a deep green, and devoid of any mirth. He was wearing a pair of jeans and a black tank top which showed an impressive set off muscles.

He had a nice thing going in this town, having figured out a method of settling down for an extended period. Avonia had only arrived that morning, and he was still figuring out how she would complicate things. If he was lucky, she’d move along. If not, hopefully a truce could be made. All previous dealings with her kind had gone south, but there’s always a first. He’d hate to start from scratch again.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:22 pm 

As the plain door opened before her, Avonia's eyes lifted, and lifted. This man was huge, but that was not the first thing she noticed. The opening of the door brought a wafting of the scent that filled the other's apartment. It wasn't the most pleasant scent she had encountered, and at the moment she couldn't place what the scent belonged to.

"Never mind, Monica, I had the wrong door." She muttered into the phone. Monica's voice could be heard through the phone just before Avonia hung up on her saying, "didn't you check the messa--"

Avonia shoved the phone into the pocket of her leather jacket, looking the other up and down again. His height didn't bother her in the slightest, he didn't frighten her, as a vampire she had very little to be frightened of. But lack of fear didn't mean she lacked caution. "Sorry, about that. I haven't even been in my apartment yet. I just got in." She hadn't taken her eyes off him since the door opened.

"You are huge!" The blonde's audible shock cut through the stiffness, forcing her to glance at the youth. Avonia rolled her eyes and held out her hand, palm up, toward the man. "My keys, if you would." Her tone was polite, but her face was stiff.

"Sorry, again. My name is Avonia. Nice meeting you?" Her fingers clasped around the keys if they were handed to her. If he didn't remove them from the door and give them to the, she stepped into his space to reach the lock and pulled the keys from the latch herself.

Either way, she turned to her blonde blood bag with a flirty smile, "let's get back to what we were doing." She pulled the girl by the wrist, gently guiding her into a kiss while moving toward the correct door. She made quick work of the lock and they disappeared into her apartment. While they were out of sight, they would definitely not be out of mind.

It was probably 3 or 4 am when the sounds of extasy dissipated from Avonia's apartment and the girl did her walk of shame to a cab. When she was alone, she thought to her neighbor who's scent was fresh in her memory. She rose from her bed and went to the bookshelves of her living room. She had books on all kinds of things but her eyes looked for those on magical beastiology; mythological beasts, some of which she knew were real.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:52 pm 

I have returned

Armond was used to people being surprised by his size. It was far more surprising for Ms. Aviona to be unfazed.

When she introduced herself Armond nodded. “Yes, the women who moved your things was kind enough to tell me your name, even gave me a description so I’d be able to help you.” He’d picked up the scent then, like a fresh corpse surrounded by fresh flowers. While it had only lightly clung to her, it practically rolled of Aviona. Though, he doubted most people would smell more than the flowers.

Pulling the key from the door, Armond handed to Aviona. “I hope you ladies have a fun evening. I’ll be seeing you around.” He closed the door softly but firmly. Walking back into his room, he glanced at his closet, standing in silent contemplation on whether to check its contents. Waving the thought away, he pulled a pair of earbuds, and noise cancelling headphones from his dresser and went to bed.

At sunrise, he woke up and went to the diner across the street. He could smell the other ladies scent on the elevator down. That boded well, his newest neighbor was already better than others of her kind. Sitting at a booth and ordering mainly meat, he digged in.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:52 pm 

Avonia had been limited to the amount of research she could do that morning before dawn, but a stack of books sat on her coffee table, all open to the possible being she was dealing with. She only had 2 things to go off and only one was definitive. His arrogant height was partially included; but that smell. It was like an animal, but also not. His blood wasn't the least bit appetizing, so he definitely wasn't human.

She thought back to their conversation in the hall. She was trying to pick up every little detail she could from the encounter. He'd said 'kind enough to' Her eyes narrowed. His face wasn't wrinkled, but he was too polite to be a youngster like the ones she partied with and taught. She looked to the notes she had been scribbling as she searched through her mountain of books. She still only had his scent, and now his age. This was frustrating, but she couldn't dwell on it further. Dawn was already creeping its way into view and she had to sleep.

Avonia stood from her spot on the couch with ease, no extra movements or weight shifting as she moved to her bed. She laid in the center on silk bedding because enjoyed the feel of it over her skin which she had been told was always smooth, even though it lacked the cushion-y bounce that a human's skin did. She looked up at the ceiling for a moment and heard snoring that echoed though the wall. "you've got to be kidding me." She grumbled.

When her breath came back to her that evening she sat straight up. The first breath of the night always hurt, there was no changing that. She rose to her feet and went to he closet, She had laundry to do since she couldn't readily wash things at the motel she'd stayed. Such a mundane chore but it wasn't as though she could justify not doing it. She also couldn't just leave it for a maid in case she had blood on anything. So she was let to do it herself. Monica's message (which she had neglected to read yesterday aside from the address o the place) listed that the building had a laundry room on the first floor and that the machines didn't lock so unless she wanted her designer clothing stolen, she should not leave them unattended.

Rolling her eyes at the annoyance, she pulled on a pair of sweat pants, not bothering for a bra under the camisole she wore. She then hefted her load along with her laptop and the laundry detergent Monica had bought. In the hall she smelled her neighbor again, mixed with a number of other people. She had gotten used to being able to smell so much and differentiate between different scents a very long time ago, it no longer distracted her. Loud noises on the other hand were less tolerable. So After putting her laundry in the washing machine, she sat outside the door, on the floor with her laptop: She checked her emails, her student roster, and her lesson plans.

She wouldn't go out tonight since it was the Sunday before the start of the semester; The bars would be bare. She had fed the night before and she could go without feeding for a week without incident. To avoid this she usually fed 2 or 3 times a week. That way she could take enough to last without causing too many side effects to her victims. She couldn't live as open as she did if she killed. And She enjoyed living in the open. It meant nice apartments and things.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:36 am 

I have returned

Armond had spent the day preparing for school tomorrow. Checking his classroom to make sure all the proper tools and materials where there. Picking up his only suit from the dry cleaners for any assembly’s or staff meetings. And walking around town to see where else his newest neighbor had been the night before. He found Avonia’s scent at only one club, so she couldn’t have spent any length of time in town before picking up that girl. Which likely meant she was unaware and of him.

Returning to the apartment after dark, he entered the building to find her at the laundry mat. Stopping across the hall from her Armond have a slight bow in greeting.
“Greetings neighbor, I trust that your night was satisfying?” He didn’t smell any other residents nearby, and he could hear anyone approaching from a good ways off, so they were free to speak plainly. “I’m glad to see that your guest left no worse for wear.”

As he talked Armond stared Avonia down with half closed eyes. His irises, which had been a dark brown the previous night now looked more like a dark green. It wasn’t a angry glare, but a cautious one, with a hint of what might be called hope.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:22 pm 

Avonia could work at a much faster pace than what an onlooker might see, but she was careful not to let her fingers pick up too much speed. she had made the mistake once or twice before; it wasn't the biggest problem since she just had to glamour the viewer but that came with its own complications. When she heard the door of the building open, she glanced over and then immediately rolled her eyes when she noticed the abnormally tall male darkening the doorway.

"In some ways much more than others." she leaned back against the wall so she could look up at the other more easily. When she heard the other's following statement, her arms went across her body, folding below her chest. "i've been known to break a back or two, but the girl gave as good as she got." She knew the other's statement wasn't so innocent. she stood from her crosslegged seat on the floor with ease. she shut the laptop gently and hooked it under her arm. Her eyes narrowed a little. His comment was accusatory to an annoying degree. She didn't even know his name!

"while she was satisfying, I learned a particularly tall neighbor of my snores. Very loudly; so the rest of my evening was... frustrating to say the least. I realized that I couldn't even curse him thoroughly, because he was never taught to reciprocate when someone gives their name" she shifted her weight and combed her fingers through her hair before letting her eyes meet his. Her glare wasn't deadly, it was, however, sassy with a side of ****ing and full of expectation. If she couldn't ask him outright what he was; she wanted to at least know his name.