All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 1:38 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:50 am
Posts: 37
Location: Wilmington, NC
Blog: View Blog (0)

Offline
You slowly wake up on your back in an unfamiliar, alien environment. By that, I mean you don't ever recall seeing this field before. In fact, the last thing you can recall is lying down in your bed to go to sleep for the night. And now you woke up in this strange place.

You gradually come to, seeing the bright blue sky, not a cloud in sight, and feeling the moist lush grass beneath your hands. As you look around, attempting to keep calm and not freak out, you realize there is another individual lying in the field, a few meters away. But before you can take in his alien appearance, your hear an ever-so-light whisper. In fact, it's such a small voice, you ignore it at first. But then it becomes impossible to ignore as you begin to hear a husky, feminine voice in your mind.

"What is happening? Who has taken control of my body? Please, answer me."

Sitting there in the grass, you realize you are possessing someone, and she seems more concerned and curious than upset. You look down to investigate your body, but you can't make heads or tails of it. Like the other person, this body seems to be of an unknown origin. The flesh has a light glow to it, and the skin cells seem to be much larger, almost like scales. After closer inspection you realize that it is the individual cells that are emitting the evanescence. Your skin seems pale, but it's difficult to discern the actual color due to the light coming from them. You gaze down at your hands specifically; there doesn't seem to be anything amiss about them, aside from the skin. Is this even skin?

You take a deep breath, and notice that breathing seems to be a lot easier in this environment. You might also notice some other things, if your perception is high enough...


Quote:
You may choose to do anything. However, before you do anything, roll a d20 for a perception check.

The voice your head, rather the original occupant, feels a little uncertain and unnerved about your presence. Since you do not know how to do that vacate their body, and the other personality quickly figures this out, they suggest you remain calm, and investigate Anani, who you can easily determine - by the fact that nobody else is here - must be the other person, who seems to be unconscious.

However, if you wish to flee the area, or do nothing, or even something completely random, you may do that as well. No matter what you choose to do after you roll a perception check, you make the decision and allow me to describe the outcome.


Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 5:23 pm 

*slow zombie walk towards you...*

User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:35 am
Posts: 369
Medals: 1
1st Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Offline
Opening her eyes, just like after a deep sleep, a blindingly bright blue sky awaited her. The grass seemed to be whispering and rustling, and she felt a slight wind. She freely breathed in and out , as if she slowly awakened from a relaxing sleep.

However, an unfamiliar sensation, a little numbness and weakness filled her body. Like being wrapped in cotton, in something like a cocoon. ...
~ Is this... a dream?~ were her first thoughts, as she slowly raised her body to look around. Blinking repeatedly, she felt that something was not right, but she could not put the finger on it. At first, she wanted to pinch herself, but then again, she might as well let her dream continue. Was there a faint feeling of danger? It did not seem to be so. But as well as her body, even her senses seemed to be wrapped in something like cotton. An unfamiliar feeling rose inside her.
The place was gorgeous, but she could not remember ever being here. Surely, it could have been a dream, but everything apart from her own senses seemed to feel real.
All in all, this was a very pleasant and relaxing atmosphere that would not invoke any negative feelings from her.

Blinking her eyes a few times, she suddenly realized what unsettled her. Her own body was unfamiliar and ... scaly? It was also glowing strangely, but not unpleasantly. Frowning about this strange dream, she inspected the glow a little, as simultaneously a voice rang out in her head, shocking her in the first moment, then, relaxing her a little. At least, she did not transform into anything - well maybe she did, but it was not very likely. Still contemplating if it was dream or reality, she mused what she could do now.
Starting to communicate with the 'little voice in her own head', seemed like a good idea.

"This... is interesting." she voiced the words in her head, concentrating a little, and specially addressing back to the owner of the body. Shouldnt this communication work both ways? Using her voice would be too weird no? Even if this was all a dream. "Is this something like a dream, or .. out of body experience? Uh..who are you? And.. " She stopped addressing the voice.
It did not seem weird to her, trying to talk with the voice in her head. Instead, she contemplated more, if it was reality or a dream. ~ And... who am [i]I actually?~[/i] This dream was really weird. Why would she not remember who she was?

Glancing around, she spotted another figure lying down further away. Squinting her eyes, she glanced in that direction...

Ari rolled 1d20 and got a total of 15:
15


Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:33 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:50 am
Posts: 37
Location: Wilmington, NC
Blog: View Blog (0)

Offline
As a rabbit bounces through the tall green grass a few dozen meters away, it appears that gravity is much lighter here, in addition to the increased oxygen in the atmosphere; the rabbit leaps into the air, soaring higher than what you would have thought normal, before landing and then lunging again and disappearing into the ancient strong trees of the forest that surrounds the field. Your sight is not your only sense that seems to be heightened. You can clearly hear various animals distantly in the woods, birds high in the sky, and critters and insects crawling in the field around and beneath you, but not in an overpowering way. Looking down, you feel a red ant the size of your middle finger crawl over your hand, but it merely looks up at you and skitters away harmlessly. It seems nothing here is dangerous.

There also seems to be a calming influence upon you. Fears and worries slowly ebb away as the serene scene unfolds before you. If you focus enough on your fear however, you realize that the otherworldly serenity does not negate your emotions, or those of your host. Free will is still a thing here.

"We should check on Anani. Something like this happened...before...recently. Our community received...visitors. A woman named Christine possessed by body for a time. My name is Ari, and I am the leader of the Arelim Warriors; Christine managed to convince our King to create this squad of guardians to protect against future invasions from outside our dimension. Our city, the City of Peace, is just north of here, but we must check on Anani. She should not even be here..."

As Ari is speaking, you are still taking in your surroundings. The beauty is most definitely otherworldly. You hear it before you see it; fast-moving feet on the forest ground. Peering into the woods, you realize that no sudden shock or great fear overtakes you, even when you recognize what appears to be a relatively small Tyrannosaurus Rex lumbering in your general direction through the woods.

This seems to either be an adolescent T-Rex or you, and everyone and everything else around you, are much larger than normal. Recalling the finger-sized ant, the latter must be true.

"Fear not," Ari said. "That is Suchos, Agares' mount."


Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 7:30 am 

*slow zombie walk towards you...*

User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:35 am
Posts: 369
Medals: 1
1st Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Offline
She was a little taken aback, as a prominent sentence cleared up a bit of her own confusion, like taking away a piece of tull or muslin from her memories again.
~My name is Ari.--- In her own head, she continued, not noticing, that she was addressing the entity in her head as well "Ari Walker... and my full name is Arixaya de Talilndra Walker!" ~
Then, as if the mull got pulled over her again, like a blanket, she could not remember more, besides, that she had known somebody with the name "Ari" already..
The uncomfortable feeling of her mind, clashed with the strange comfortable and calm feeling of her body.
She was used to something else, but its not like she had any abilities to leave her body... besides, jumping out of her skin to become a ghost wasnt anything appealing to Arixaya.

"You are the third "Ari", besides myself, that I know. " she whispered to .. well.. to herself, with the body of somebody else. A slight sarcastic smile appeared around the corners of her (?) mouth. It was a strange feeling.
Looking at the hare jump high up in the air, she missed the feeling of her own body. Her ears would have twitched and her muscles tensed at the sound of jumping, and her hands gripped a nonexistant weapon, only to find nothing that could have secured a meal... So she only followed it with her eyes, looking around at the scenery for a little bit, unsure what to think of the situation at hand.
Ari's voice inside her head brought her back to the reality at hand quite quickly, though.

Interrupting her own thoughts, she tried to move her temporary new body, to get used to it, following her other minds suggestion, scurried closer to the person lying on the ground.
Before she could take a proper look though, at the one called 'Anani'

- ~ Is names starting with 'A' a thing here? ~ she thought to herself, quietly -

her body tensed again, as she felt the stomps of a big creature, reminding her of a scaled lizard, dragon or crocodile with a small head big body and a tail... Feeling approaching danger, Ari assumed a batlle position with her body infront of the lying down person. It was quite the pity that she had no weapons, but she instinctively half crouched and tensed herself to be able to have a bout with the creature in front of her in case it attacked.

Frowning, as she heard that this lifeform, which was called 'Suchos' apparently, was a mount, tilting her head slightly.
"Suchos? Who is Agares?" she murmured, eyeing the mount, but not easing up her defensive stance completely just yet.

Then, she frowned another time, as apparently either she or her hosts body was familiar with combat - It might be her own reactions, but then again, she did not know any abilities of her hosts body...
"Hey, Ari." She asked inwardly "Does your body.. i mean do you have combat abilities? Or any other abilities? "

Just in case more strange things appeared or any attacks followed, the two Ari's should better be prepared and protected. Who knew what happens if the body died. Neither she herself nor the other Ari should become a wandering spirit, right?


Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:40 am 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:50 am
Posts: 37
Location: Wilmington, NC
Blog: View Blog (0)

Offline
"You do not have to speak aloud to communicate to me," Ari told Ari, "However, I cannot read your deeper thoughts, so you do not have to worry about any secrets. I only hear what you want me to hear. This was useful before with Christine because if she spoke in public, she would be found out. Eventually, she was found out, and put on trial with some other visitors."

Despite her tactical stance and her mind assuming the reality of danger, her anxiety about the dinosaur remained at a mild level, a noticeably mild level. The 8-foot-tall lizard came to within about a dozen feet and then stopped, and began eating some of the tall grass. Apparently, it was a herbivore. Seconds later, the T-Rex sniffed at Ari from a distance before moving off to the nearest tree and ripping into it with its large sharp teeth.

Ari answered, "Agares is a former Duke of Philos City. He retired his title and joined our community as a brewer." After she was asked about combat, the visitor would feel both a sense of confusion and of dread come over her host. "Now, yes. Before the visitors, eons had passed since our creation without any conflict whatsoever. However, we recently discovered a conspiracy in our government...and that forced us to act. Abilities - even combat abilities - is a vague term that can be construed in many ways. I sense your...apprehension. I truthfully tell you that we have nothing to be concerned with in this world. The other worlds, however, may provide more of a...conflict. According to Christine, she has been to at least two different realities, but was uncertain if they were dreams, hallucinations, or actual worlds she visited."

Your ears picked up another sound in the forest surrounding the field. It came from the same direction the beast came from, and sounded more humanoid.


Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
cron
Powered by phpBB ® Forum Software © phpBB Group; All Material is the Express Property of Creative Freedom RPG and Its Members | DVGFX2 by: Matt

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Penalty Protection