All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:43 pm 

Finally threw in an OC sheet in my blog been meaning to do that for a while. Hope it helps.

Blog: View Blog (4)

In 1949 Albert Einstein said "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." None of ever thought it would truly be possible, but that was before they had been discovered. The night world beings, everything our parents had told us was fake growing up, they didn't exist. They were wrong. Humans had discovered witches around 1020 AD and they were something that as time went on, we could handle. Disbelief was our best friend, they claimed they were witches, they held no power no true danger to us, we thought we were safe. That wasn't the case, only some were safe but it took us longer to learn about the others. The Vampyres that haunted the city streets the shifters hiding right under our noses, the hawk on the line, the tiger at the wild life park. The new dog next door, or the once in a blue moon wolf pack that showed up only to vanish into thin air. Everything from Angels and Demons to vampyres and warlocks, sirens and fey. They all truly exist.

It was thirty years since the world leaders had pressed their big buttons. Thirty years since the governments had, had enough. The mortal world had learned the truth, that there was a world that existed right along side theirs and it didn't just go bump in the night. For centuries the night world had influenced that of the human world. Through politicians and government leaders clear down to parts as small as gangs and mobs. When one country tried to accept them another tried to destroy them and the united nations declared a clean sweep.

As debates and arguments went on buttons were pushed out of anger, fear, and spite. Billions of lives taken, and that was World War four. Solders had only died with civilians never having to see the face of their enemy. Some people survived healthily and lucky. Some survived only to pass from the poisoning from radiation and filth in the water.

Thirty years later the world is slowly rebuilding itself, trees have begun reclaiming the land and the water systems have become once again healthy for the creatures. the supernatural world has come to out number the human race causing fear to spread like wild fire not only for the humans but for those who feed from the human race as well. How will the human race survive without going extinct because of those that hunt them. How will the supernatural beings survive when the largest part of their diet had nearly been annihilated by itself?

The world is now a great forest with very few villages made from remains found and overgrown by trees, in some places it is dry and barren for miles where each ground zero had been. The weather has once again leveled out over the years, the spring rains are hard, the summers roasting anyone in the plains alive and the winters able to freeze anyone unprepared for them.

Chessa was panting as she ran in her human form. It was easier in the daylight to go about unnoticed if she looked like a human, sure the other supes could smell her but what did she care? She'd roast them if they challenged her. Running through the lower level of the forest she was happy to see that Gaia had grown strong and warm again. When she was a hatchling it had been cold more often than not. Pausing beneath a large Ash tree she wiped the sweat from her brow and brushed a loose strand of strawberry blond hair back into place. "Lilian is gonna kill me if I'm gone much longer." She mumbled setting off again.

Cole sat in the shadow of an overgrown building he had found the shelter barely a week ago. The small settlement that the others had started had been found and destroyed by the monsters. Everything he had been told used to be a myth or legend that the adults had been foolish enough to dismiss without thought. He worked on sharpening the branch he had been using as a walking stick. He had been waiting, wondering if the monsters that had come that night would follow him and end him as they had the others. Images of that night drove an icy spike through the core of his spine as he sat his work aside and leaned back against the slowly crumbling wall.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:35 pm 

Contemplating existence

Medals: 3
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Mesaraih opened his eyes as his heightened senses picked up running from underneath him, on the ground of the thicket of trees he slept on. He peered down to see a young woman who looked like she had just run a marathon pausing to catch her breath. He pondered the wisdom of capturing her for a few moments before his stomach gave a low growl. It seemed his decision was being made for him.

Mesaraih didn't live off human flesh. He didn't need them to survive. His actual food source, however, was kept in rations by an army of trolls that had hoarded the last bit of energy crystals inside a cave to the east of here. There had to be more, but going on a journey to find other sources of food could easily mean his death. In the meantime, trading live humans in exchange for the crystals would have to do, at least until he felt he had regained his strength somewhat.

He poised his legs and jumped off the tree, giving his wings a couple of powerful flaps just before hitting the ground so as to not land too heavily. He immediately found himself unable to approach the woman in a threatening way. She wasn't causing him, or anyone around as far as he could tell, any harm. He was hungry, true, but up till now he had restrained himself from abducting humans that weren't actively being pieces of ****. His practical side and his stomach argued against this notion, but he couldn't bring himself to attack her.

He made a small flame dance on the palm of his shoulder, and walked around the tree to face her. "Running from something?" he asked, keeping his voice level, non-threatening.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:40 pm 

Finally threw in an OC sheet in my blog been meaning to do that for a while. Hope it helps.

Just as Chessa had taken the first couple steps a figure had moved around the tree the large trunk had hidden the being well and she had stumbled back a few steps noticing the small flame as it danced. "I'm running from nothing, I'm simply returning home." She said with her normal defiant tone. "How does that not burn you?" she asked already having a feeling that the being before her was an Elder one, true as it was, it wasn't as if there were many left but the few that had, were strong enough to out live the rest. She was doing no more than looking for simple confirmation to the threat or not, If there was no threat she would simply be able to continue her run home, however if there was a threat she would end up having to prove that she wasn't as weak as her small form showed.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:22 am 

Contemplating existence

3rd Year (1)

Mesaraih eyed the seemingly young woman, a bit taken aback by her abrasiveness. She seemed confident and poised, as if she were ready to run at any moment... or fight.

"Returning home, huh? That's a luxury most of us don't have nowadays. Can't say I'm complaining about it too much, though. Trees and caves suit me just fine for the most part."

He smiled a little as she asked about the flame dancing on his palm. "It's a bit of a long story," he said, choosing his words carefully. "For now, suffice to say that just as you wouldn't expect fire to burn a phoenix, you can't expect it to burn me, either." He let the flame on his hand grow into a thin stream that wrapped itself around his arm, then thrust it to the ground at her feet, leaving the ground charred in the place of impact.

"Don't worry, I'm not going to hurt you, at least not yet. Hungry as I am, I find it hard to abduct sentient creatures for my own gain, unless they're particularly nasty. Have you killed a lot?" he asked abruptly.

A small gust of wind blew by the clearing, rustling the leaves on the trees and making the first tangible noise apart from their voices that broke the otherwise silent and desolate glen.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:57 pm 

She took note of the way he had scanned her, returning home being a luxury was true. "Home is only temporary it is simply where you and others like you stay, whether it be one night or many. She looked between his eyes and the fire as he spoke.

"You're right old one. Caves and trees are a comfortable home. " She said still not sure if he really was an old one, but willing to test the waters. She watched as he played with the fire as it moved about him. "I have the time to hear a story no matter the length my sir." she said stepping back but not running like half her instinct demanded she do. Glancing up at the man she felt her inner fire churn "Label me what you will, but I have rarely killed, unless you are a deer." she added with a chuckle.

The breeze that came through the clearing was refreshing, wiggling her fingers and feeling the air dance between them she wondered if she would have to go to her full form in the little clearing or if she would be cleared to go. It was always harder to tell how the older ones rated your innocence level or what he intended to do with her if she was declared a heathen. He had said something about being hungry.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:52 pm 

Contemplating existence

3rd Year (1)

Mesaraih thought it rather curious that the girl didn't seem to be in the least bit intimidated by him. She mentioned something about killing deer, and the way she said him struck him as odd. He began to get the sensation that this was no ordinary human huntress.

"You have the time, eh? Funny, it almost sounds like you're actually curious about my story." He gave her a small smile, almost playful.

"These powers aren't natural. They're the product of being a lab rat for human scientists. I've always found it both fascinating and infuriating how they're convinced their experimentation with life can overcome nature, but by now I just find it funny, particularly when I look at where it's gotten them: a role as prey for all the creatures they refused to believe in all those years ago. But anyway, my brothers and I were captured, because one of us thought we could help these scientists. They had been performing unethical experiments in a hidden laboratory on other humans. They were trying to recreate life in the crudest of ways. For the benefit of everyone on the planet, they had to be stopped. Turns out, they were some of the few who believed in our existence. They knew someone would try to stop them, and we were their real prey. They shut the lab down so tightly that even they themselves would never be able to escape. They electrocuted us, put us into filthy tanks whose smell I still can't wipe from my mind. And there, we sat for well over two hundred years, in a bath of chemicals that were meant to transform us. I'm the only one who retained my shape and survived. My other brothers, they... they turned into grotesque creatures, and went mad. The scientists had probably expected this to happen sooner, because they were dead before any of us were changed. I was able to gather enough strength, and, with the flames they injected inside me, I was able to break free from the tank. I broke my brothers out, but every single one of them attacked me in a blind rage. I had to kill them all. One of them turned into a sea monster that couldn't even survive without water, so he died by himself once I let him out..."

Mesaraih was staring up at the light filtering through the trees, nearly losing himself in the sour memories.

"Ever since, I've been stuck with this fire inside me. I've learned to control and harness it pretty well by now. I'm also waiting for the day when I turn into a blind monster myself. Sometimes I can sense something inside me stirring."

He turned back to face the girl. "Well, now you know," he said to her. "Hope you enjoyed the story. Seeing as you know so much about me, however, I feel it's only appropriate for me to ask your name, and to tell me a bit about yourself."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:33 pm 

Hearing the bit of his story that he had shared before pulling himself back from memories that were clearly more heartbreaking than any being should have to hold she gave a brief nod. "My apologies for your losses. It is true that the human race is cruel but sometimes they are necessary to wear their skins as to hide from others, some have a magic that is helpful even to my kind." She said knowing that although he was not an ancient one, they were still both opposing sides to humans.

"I have many many years beneath me although I am still very young, you see Dragons live a very long life and I am trapped between species at times, when the human hiding that my clan has done over time tries to come back. I am apparently well practiced enough that you believe me to be human." She said thinking that if he had stumbled into their current encampment that he would have been very confused and possibly roasted if his fire didn't make him fireproof.

"When the threats were rising we gathered food, we moved below ground into a series of tunnels and caves that we had found. In doing so we had found one of the few safe places remaining. We all went to sleep and when we woke up, Gaia had already started taking back her surface, we had flown a few nights to see what could be seen, the air was lighter, cleaner than when we had gone below. Then we learned who was where and how many had survived, we found ourselves a source of water and thick forestry to create the first of many places we would go. Now we blend in with humans but we hunt with the supernatural side as well, we keep to ourselves and only run into others such as yourself when you cross our paths." She said with a grin.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:53 pm 

Contemplating existence

3rd Year (1)

Mesaraih waved away her condolences for what had happened in his past. "There's no need to feel sorry for me. No one likes tragedies, especially when they happen to them, but I like to take the bad things that happen to me and others and treat them as lessons. If not for those lessons, I'd never learn, or grow. And you're right in that regard. I suppose we all have our role to play, in some way or another."

He continued to listen to the woman speak, raising an eyebrow when she mentioned she was a dragon. He had definitely not been expecting that. As her story went on, he began to find the way she spoke rather curious. He felt she meant the planet when she referred to it as Gaia, though she couldn't be sure.

Mesaraih eyed her for a bit when she finished speaking. "Well, my name is Mesaraih," he said finally. "It's actually been quite a pleasure running into you. This shelter of yours sounds quite nice. Are there more dragons there?" he asked, curiosity creeping into his voice. "I don't think I've ever met one before. Maybe I should have been the one to be scared when we first met."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:40 pm 

"It is nice to meet you Mesaraih, my name is Chessa. As for you fearing when we met, would you consider this one of your lessons not to judge a being by their shell?" She asked wondering what he had planned had she actually been a human. As for his question of more dragons she had never counted how many of them there were but there had been multiple clans collecting food when everyone had gone underground. There was a chance that more dragons were walking around the forest than she even knew.

"Yes there are other dragons, possibly more than I'm aware of, however I feel I must ask. You were originally asking questions as if you wanted me to be a cruel individual in a cruel world. Very few of the mortal race stand a chance at being innocent in today's world. They must fight and kill to survive, otherwise they will die surely your search shouldn't be all that hard. What would you have done had I not been human?" she asked wondering how a being such as himself hunted, had he decided only to hunt those of dark hearts?

((My apologies for being away so long I know I should've posted that I would be away but I had no idea work would be a crazy as it has been since the last time I posted. I've been one of two places, work or asleep. My job doesn't follow you're normal 9-5 work day we run 24-7 365 depending on what customers we have and January is usually busy but I never thought it would be like this. so again my apologies. ))