All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:24 pm 

Sort of back.

Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)
Blog: View Blog (59)

"Yeah, I'm home, what's up?".

The person who was saying these words was a young brunette. She was wearing sweatpants and a spaghetti strap blouse, as she wasn't going anywhere for the day. Her hair was tied on a ponytail, and the girl was busy writing another article for her lifestyle blog.

For those who didn't know what was actually going on, it could seem like the girl was a lazy, unemployed person, hooked on writing a blog nobody would read. In reality, the girl did have a job. The blog was her job. She had been hired by an online portal to write it, and it involved a lot of hard work. She had to visit places and do things she otherwise wouldn't, and then write a long review about the experiences. Some of those experiences were requests by readers. Those were usually the most interesting ones, but they were often the hardest ones as well.

Cassandra's latest experience had been a pretty pleasant one, though. She had been asked to visit a new restaurant and review it, and the place was so great she would love to go with her boyfriend some other day.

"Sure, I can definitely do that. When? Okay, set it up and I'll be there. See you later!".

As the girl got off the phone, she made a note on her calendar. She would have to remember to call back and see when they had managed to make the reservations for this new hotel she was supposed to review.

Once she was done with writing her review, Cassandra resumed writing her post. It didn't take her too long to finish it, and she submitted the post after making sure it was properly formatted. Her work done, Cassandra went for her phone and texted her boyfriend, Carlos.

'Hey, baby. If you're coming over, can you pick up some ice cream? Also, would you like to have dinner tonight? I have a new place to show you'.

As soon as the message was sent, Cassandra wandered off to the bathroom for a shower. The day wasn't too hot, but Cassandra set the water for a cool temperature and enjoyed herself in there for a while, just letting the water fall over her while keeping her attention out for her phone.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:10 pm 

Medals: 1
1st Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Material was spread all over the floor, taking up most of the space in the open plan apartment. Each different material had some scribblings on the edge, mainly a note of what measurements were needed in each. Beside a black leather there was a laptop and a cup full of coffee along with more papers.

Erin was stood in the kitchen area, frying off some bacon whilst she picked at a bag of grapes. She had been working all day, assignments had seemed to be piling up lately. She was in the middle of making some leather pants when she decided she should probably eat something.

"Should I stay or should I go?" The redhead sang along to the radio. She was in some comfy Star Wars pajama bottoms, with a black vest top and a blue dressing gown wrapped round her. Really, she should have gotten dressed by now, but it's not like she had any plans to leave the apartment today.

Moments later, a bang could be heard coming from the living room area. As Erin turned her head to look, she saw one of her roommates - Charlie - standing beside her laptop, looking concerned. Charlie had shoulder length blonde hair that fell in curls to frame her face. She was wearing a red jacket and jeans. Moving onto her tiptoes, Erin noticed the coffee had spilled over the materials near it.

"Oh, no, no, no!" She called, switching off the hob before rushing over to her materials. She picked up the mug and moved it out of the way before feeling over her fabrics.

"I'm so sorry!" Her roommate called, bending down to move the laptop out of the way before the coffee ran underneath it. "I told you not to leave all your materials on the floor!" She added, watching the redhead.

"I know, but I haven't got enough space in my room to lay them all out." Erin responded, clearly stressed. She stood up, putting her head in her hands for a moment as she sighed. "I'm going to have to go get replacements." She muttered to herself, checking the time. 2PM. That would be enough time to run to the materials store, it was only a couple of blocks away.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:00 pm 

Contemplating existence

Medals: 3
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1)

Carlos gesticulated at the trees in the park, his back to the path where he knew strangers were staring at him, even though he couldn't see them.

"I'm fine, I'm trying to open this champagne, you see the twisty thing is broken but I'm gonna open this damn champagne-"

Carlos' flow was interrupted as his ringtone overpowered the music coming from his earbuds. He swiped right across the screen, a soft smile tugging at his lips as he read Cassandra's text message. He turned back around to face the people walking along the path, some of whom had still been staring intently at him. Carlos gave them a big smile and waved, which prompted a confused reaction from one group where some waved back, some gave a nervous smile, and others immediately looked away. Carlos rolled his eyes, the smile still on his lips. All it took was a donned hood and some verses of rap to intimidate people nowadays, apparently.

He plopped down on the bench and stretched his legs out in front of him as he typed a response on his phone.

'Sure thing, babe. Mint flavor, right? ;p
Dinner sounds good though. Just let me perform a song for you before we leave, yeah? I think I'm finally getting it down but the show opens in two weeks and I'm getting just a liiiiiiittle stressed...'

He closed his phone and began to saunter his way to the store, earphones in and hands waving once more as he finished the song. It was his first time being in a musical, and although he was loving it so far, mastering songs for a performance was a lot of additional work he wasn't used to engaging with. He didn't mind the extra work, he just wished there were a few more rehearsals before the play opened.

He hardly noticed all the people staring at him anymore. Carlos liked to perform in the streets while he walked from place to place, and he stopped being ashamed about how awkward it could look at times. He knew half the people that saw him thought he was crazy and the other half probably kind of admired his happy-go-lucky attitude, and that was fine by him.

Carlos skipped a little on the sidewalk as the song's tempo sped up, tripping on a slightly raised crack in the process. He fell face forward onto the floor and just barely managed to get his hands in front of him. Doing a little pirouette on the ground to save face, he jumped back up as if it had all been a choreographed dance move and almost slammed into a girl walking in the opposite direction. Now he was a little embarrassed.

Carlos put a hand on the back of his head and smiled nervously.

"Sorry about that," he said, scrunching one side of his face up slightly.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:40 pm 

Sort of back.

Cassandra smiled when she read Carlos' reply to her message, shortly after she had stepped out of the shower. Good thing he already knew her preference when it came to ice cream.

'Yup, mint flavor it is. Thanks, baby, I love you'.

She sent that message and smiled again at the rest of his reply. She was really excited about this new place, as she absolutely loved Italian food, and the place had a pretty good band to boot. So, of course she would invite her boyfriend over there for dinner.

'I'd love to hear you perform for me, and I'm sure you're getting it down before then. I'll even add in a massage after dinner, if you wanna spend the night, how does it sound? Hope you're in the mood for Italian, too, but if you're not, we can go to one of the usual places'.

Once she sent that message - it wasn't urgent, so Carlos could read it whenever -, Cassandra finally went in her room - which was practically their room now, as she had some of her boyfriend's things just lying around - and got dressed into a simple dress. There would still be a lot of time for her to pick something out to wear. She did check her clothes around, though, and left a little red dress with white polka dots on the bed. She would wear it in case they would indeed go to the Italian restaurant, and pick out something else in case they changed their minds.

Deciding she needed to plan for that as well, Cassandra chose a black skirt and a white blouse for the case they chose somewhere else. Satisfied with her picks, Cass went back into the living room and start doing some research on her laptop, about things she wanted to write about in the future. Every now and then, she would take a look at the time, but since they had a lot of time before dinner, Cass wasn't really worried about time's passing for now.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:57 pm 

1st Year (1)

Erin had changed out of her dressing gown and grabbed the mug holding the rest of her coffee before she left for the fabric store. She had kept on her pajama bottoms and vest top. She didn't care how she looked, she was about 10 stress levels too high for that. It would be okay, only a short walk to the store. Quickly zip around and pick up the needed fabrics and return home. She tried to reassure herself, though it didn't soothe the feeling of stress at all.

The redhead was in her own zone, looking down at the ground as she power-walked towards the store. That was until some strange dancing man almost knocked in her. She jumped, knocking the coffee she was carrying down herself. "Shiiiit." She muttered under her breath, stopping in her tracks to look down at the mess. Coffee had poured down her vest top and onto her PJ bottoms.

Brown eyes looked up to the man who was apologising to her. "It's.. fine." She stated, crossing her arms. "Do you dance like that all the time?" She asked. It was a bit foolish to dance so enthusiastically in the middle of the street, she thought. This couldn't have been the first time he nearly barged into someone by mistake.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:00 pm 

Contemplating existence

3rd Year (1)

Carlos rubbed the back of his head a bit more vigorously as it sank in just how annoying it was to have hot coffee spilled all over your clothes. The girl seemed upset in a distracted sort of way, which, in his book, was much more preferable to the hysterically screaming sort of angry he had anticipated. She even told him that it was fine, though she didn't look particularly convinced of the words she was saying.

Carlos thought for a moment as the girl prompted him about his dancing. He pursed his lips, put on a concentrated face, and looked up to the sky for a quick two seconds before coming up with the most accurate response he could give. "Most days I do, yeah. It'd have to be a really lazy day for me to not have some movement happening in my life. But definitely not always on the streets. Only on days when I feel particularly inspired or when the weather is really nice... and the weather is pretty nice today. I kind of also have an excuse to do it today because I've been practicing being in character for this role I'm gonna do in a play, and moving all fluid-like through crowds helps me get in tune with him, you know?" he said, finishing his statement with the last breath he had and feeling like he had talked for far too long. His hands had been gesticulating a bit as he spoke, but now he put one hand on the back of his head again. He felt his phone vibrate in his pocket and was reminded of the date he had with his girlfriend, but found himself to be more concerned with fixing the current situation.

"As for those clothes," he began, "I could... uh, what would you prefer? New clothes? Just money? Want me to do your laundry? We could grab some foo- I mean, I could grab you some food..." his speech was pausing and stuttering a bit more than usual, but the moments when he did speak still sounded like his regular, playful and controlled voice.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:10 pm 

Sort of back.

While Erin and Carlos were at the store, Cassandra, unaware of what was going on, decided she would spend some time working. Since Carlos wasn't around, and she would want to give him her full attention when he got to her house, Cassandra started doing some research.

Remembering her boyfriend would probably be dressed casually, she went back to her room and fished some of his clothes out, checking out it they needed some ironing. Taking a moment to iron out the shirt, Cass left the clothes next to hers and then went back into the living room.

Taking a look at her phone for the time, Cassandra decided to start booking some places she wanted to review. Work had to be done, after all, and she needed to plan ahead. That, and seeing new places was always nice, since she could then come home and invite her boyfriend to see the best places she went to.

Once she had finished booking some places she would review, Cassandra laid on the couch and started taking a nap, waiting for Carlos to come to her house and, hopefully, wake her up so they could go out.

While she slept, she was dreaming of something strange she couldn't really quite explain. In her dream, she was walking down a road, initially alone. As she was walking, she saw someone join her, and start walking by her side. It took her a moment to identify the person, but she soon noticed it was Carlos. Holding his hand, she continued walking with him. Everything seemed perfect, until someone came into the road from the other side. This person, even when closer, was someone Cassandra couldn't identify. She knew it was a woman, but it was impossible to see her. She could see that the other woman was holding her boyfriend's hand on the other side, but she didn't seem to be trying to pull him away. It seemed simply as though she wanted to walk with them, and the dream would go on like this for a while longer.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:20 pm 

1st Year (1)

A smirk played on the redheads lips, watching him splutter over his words was quite amusing. It really did make up for him causing her to spill coffee all over herself. Even if they were her favourite PJs that had been ruined.

But he was kind of cute, she tilted her head and thought for a moment. "I have the perfect thing you can do to help me out. If you have time?" She offered, brown eyes watching him. Well, he did offer. She needed a hand anyway, when she thought about it. She wouldn't be able to carry all the materials she needed by herself. Too many had been ruined earlier this afternoon. Plus, she always ended up buying more than she needed.

"I've got to go to the fabric store, would you help me out with carrying them?" Erin asked. It was a rather strange feeling, asking a complete stranger to walk around with her. Seems this bad day could turn itself around.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:17 am 

Contemplating existence

3rd Year (1)

Carlos was acutely aware of how hard he was trying to put on a serious expression. It was more or less working.

"Yeah, I have time," he responded a bit too quickly, almost biting his tongue as he remembered that Cass was waiting for him back at her place. He felt he should be approaching this situation differently. He had a date waiting for him, so the natural thing would be for him to mention that and offer to either help another time or just give her money for the trouble and whatever she needed to replace. The redhead girl had momentarily arrested him, however.

He flicked his eyes between her eyes and hair as she requested assistance carrying things from the store. "Sure thing," he said, smiling at her. "I have plenty of practice being a pack mule. How far away do you live?"

Instinct wanted him to look at his phone, as he knew he shouldn't take too long, but he didn't want to seem like he was in a hurry. Which was strange, because he did have time constraints and it shouldn't have mattered to him whether a stranger thought he was being rude. He was already offering to help her, after all.

He opted to look over at a building that periodically shoed the time in neon letters. He had some time, though he knew this would probably make him late.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:45 am 

1st Year (1)

Erin smiled when he agreed, nodding her head and pointing in the direction she was walking. She hadn't noticed him checking the time and began walking alongside him, her pace fast.

"Oh, I can get it back to my house. It's just carrying them up to the counter. After that, they cut the material so I'm sure I can manage that." She explained, leading him into a large fabric shop that was at the end of the block. It was two stories high, filled with shelves of various types and colours of material.

"Hello, Erin. Back so soon?" The cashier smiled from behind the counter, waving towards the redhead girl.

"Spilled coffee over half my materials." She sighed, placing the mug down on the counter top.

"Oh, you clumsy girl." The woman laughed. It was clear the pair knew each other well.

"I'm Erin, by the way." She piped up to Carlos after walking down one of the aisles. She guessed he'd heard the cashier say her name, but thought it polite to introduce herself properly anyway. She ran her hands over the materials, feeling each one as she tried to pick between them. She paused at a black cotton, turning over the label to check the price before smiling. Hands wrapped around either side of the roll as she pulled it from the shelf. "Ready for the first one?" She asked.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:35 pm 

Contemplating existence

3rd Year (1)

Carlos began to observe the redhead a little more carefully. She had caught his eye with her red hair already, as he was partial to colored hair, but he was partial to a lot of random things, like big earrings and whimsical natures. The shop owner knew her by name, so she must frequent this place a lot. His mind took a few guesses as to why she'd need fabric; she might be an artist, or a fashion designer making clothes, or maybe she just needed the material for some side project that had nothing to do with what she did most of the time.

He smiled back at her as she introduced herself, and he realized he had been more curious as to every other aspect of her other than her name. It was, however, nice to know. "I'm Carlos," he said, nodding to her slightly. "A pleasure, given the, uh, circumstances." He offered another smile. He was definitely smiling too much.

He glanced over at the fabric as she pointed to the first piece of material she wanted. "Yup, always ready," he said, putting his hands on it to help her hoist it down. He grabbed one side of the roll and pulled it down, holding onto it tighter as the weight of it shifted mostly towards Erin. He quickly pulled it more towards him to take on the brunt of the weight.

"So, what's all this stuff for?" he asked. "Are you an artist?" His voice was curious, genuine.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:41 am 

1st Year (1)

Erin spun round after he'd taken the roll, moving along the shelving until she found the next material she needed - a dark leather. "What do you think it's for?" She asked, raising an eyebrow and smirking at the man. Carlos. It was a fitting name, he definitely looked like a Carlos. Her tone wasn't sarcastic, more teasing.

"If you had to guess, what would you think I am?" She continued, stopping her search momentarily to face him properly. She had almost forgotten that she was still dressed in just her Pajamas. Woops. Her lower left arm was decorated with a tattoo sleeve, mainly filled with a skull and some flowers surrounding it. Her eyeliner was winged out in a dark black line and she had red lipstick on, a darker shade than her hair.

"Clearly, you're an actor. Do you just do stage plays?" She asked, not wanting the conversation to be fully focused on her - that would be boring. She wanted to get to know him, as well.

Before he had a chance to answer, she was passing him the next roll of material. The black leather she'd been looking at moments ago. That was all she technically needed, but it wouldn't hurt to keep looking for a little while longer.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:26 pm 

Contemplating existence

3rd Year (1)

Carlos looked sideways at Erin, still carrying the roll of material, as she asked him to guess what she was using the material for. She was smirking, and her tone was playful, and Carlos could barely stand to look at her. Her mannerisms were painfully cute. Slowly, however, he was beginning to feel comfortable.

Erin turned to face him and asked him what he thought she was. She was in full splendor, and he noticed all the details about her, from her tattoo to the red lips she so often twisted into a smirk to the coffee stains on her pajamas. He raised his eyebrow and smirked himself.

"Probably a bum," he said, walking past her and rubbing his right arm and shoulder against her as he looked a bit more carefully at the next piece of material he had seen her considering. It was a roll of black leather, supple and begging to be cut up. He looked down at the roll of cotton he was carrying, then turned back to Erin with a less teasing smile.

"My guess is you're... a curtain designer!" he proclaimed, exaggerating his excitement and looking at her for a reaction. "No, obviously not," he amended quickly. He looked to her coffee stained pajamas again. "It looks like you make clothes, right? I don't know much about fashion, though, so you'd need to tell me more about it. Are you studying it or doing it for a living? If I'm even right, that is."

"Nah," he said, responding to her question as she handed him the roll of black leather. "I'm Cedric Diggory from the Harry Potter movies, don't you recognize me?"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:56 pm 

1st Year (1)

"Hit the nail on the head." Erin grinned, nodding her head. "I'm studying it, in my last year." She explained, turning the corner and heading along the back wall, the materials that lined the shelves were much more fancy. Silk, satan, embroidered fabrics. Nothing she could afford right now.

"Though I consider myself a part-time bum." She laughed, going along with his teasing. "Ah, Cedric. You're looking a lot more... alive." The redhead continued. She run her hand along the rolls of fabric, now she was just killing time. Not that she had time to kill. Right, the assignment. It had somehow slipped her mind.

"I think I'm done. Just need to take it to the counter, then you're free of my company!" She explained, standing idly in front of him. Hazel eyes rolled over his features and she wondered if they were going to go their separate ways. He seemed cool, she considered asking for his number. Would that be weird? She'd judge the situation a little more before making her mind up. Maybe he was just being polite and couldn't wait to get out of the shop.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:12 pm 

Contemplating existence

3rd Year (1)

Carlos closed his eyes and nodded briefly in satisfaction at having guessed correctly.

"Seems like you're never far from coffee, so I figured," he said, flicking his head in the direction of her clothes.

He laughed softly as she went along with his teasing. "Shhh," he said, putting a finger on his lips. "No one needs to know. About your part time job or my fake death." He gave her a friendly wink. He felt his initial nervousness fading by the second.

He noticed her eyes looking over the section with the pricier fabrics, though she didn't make any motion to get any of them. He had the impulse to offer to buy her something but didn't want to seem overly accomodating.

Carlos frowned at her final words as she turned to face him once more. "Free of your company?" he asked. "You weren't exactly holding me prisoner. I might not even mind," he added, looking up at the ceiling with feigned thoughtfulness.

He thought of Cass. He was looking forward to their date, definitely, but surely that didn't mean he couldn't meet new people, make new friends?

"If you insist, though, I suppose it might be time to go. I'm sure we've both got things to do. Buuuuuut, I wouldn't mind seeing you again," he said, looking at her red lips once more. "Come watch my play once it opens?" His mouth was positioned in a half smile, and he had one eyebrow slightly raised. "I'll buy you fancy fabric if you need convincing..." he let his words hang in the air.

View Likes PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:54 am 

1st Year (1)

A smile spread across her face at his suggestion, nodding. "I'd love to." She stated, pleased that she'd be seeing him again. They seemed to clicked instantly and she was somewhat pleased he'd almost ran into her today. Even if the incident had ruined her favourite pajama bottoms. She headed back the way they'd come and towards the counter.

"I'll need some details. Who, what, when and where?" She added, taking the rolls of fabric off of him one at a time and placing them down on the counter.

"How much, love?" The woman asked, pulling Erins attention away from Carlos.

"Umm..." The girl pondered, spreading out the cotton and looking over it. "3 Meters of each, please." She confirmed, turning back towards Carlos whilst she waited.

"Thanks for helping me out by the way. Your debt has been repaid." She chuckled, pointing towards the coffee stain. "...and I promise I'll turn up to your play dressed properly." She pursed her lips, suddenly very aware of her attire. Oh well. She could have worn the dressing gown too, that would have been worse. She'd dress nice for his play, really nice.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:15 pm 

Contemplating existence

3rd Year (1)

Carlos could almost feel his eyes glittering more brightly than they had any right to as Erin accepted his invitation. He hadn't felt this excited about meeting someone new in a while, and he hadn't looked forward to seeing someone again like this in even longer, apart from Cass.

"Ah, of course," he responded, putting on a face of concentration. "The play opens this weekend and runs Friday through Sunday, and if you can't make it this weekend we have a second showing next weekend, also Friday through Sunday. It's going to be at the big downtown theater, I think it's called the William Saroyan Theater? I'm pretty sure you know which one I'm talking about. Doors open at 6:30, and the shows starts at 7. I'm gonna be on the stage, you're gonna be in the crowd. And you're gonna let me know when you're there, as well as where you're sitting, so I can look straight at you when I'm singing. Then, after the play's done, you're gonna come congratulate me and tell me I did good whether you actually thought so or not. And maybe afterwards, if you don't have anything to do, we can grab some drinks and get to know each other a little better. Sound good?"

He gave another soft laugh as she began to gather her materials. "I've never been more happy to make up for spilling someone's coffee on their clothes. Well, maybe I've never done that. Still enjoyable though. And you'll dress nicely, huh? No idea what that looks like, but I'm looking forward to it," he said, smiling at her as the clerk took her money and handed her the materials.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:39 pm 

1st Year (1)

Erin laughed along as Carlos answered her questions. She paid the clerk and took the bag off of her, slipping the receipt inside before bringing her attention back to her new friend.

"Telling you my seat number would be boring. Just look for the red hair." She teased, walking out of the shop and onto the street - completely forgetting her mug that was on the counter. "Saturday. 6:30. Big downtown Theater." She repeated, confirming the details. She pulled the bag over her hand and hung it off her shoulder, pausing for a moment to look him over once more. "Well, see you Carlos." She smiled.

The redhead turned around, beginning to walk down the street and towards her apartment. After a couple of seconds, she turned around, walking backwards and waving her hand to him. "Oh, I forgot! Break a leg!" She shouted, before turning around once again and walking down the street, blending in with the crowd.

Once she got home, Charlie was sat on the sofa, eating the bacon Erin had left in the pan. "You took your time." She greeted her, sitting forward. "It's almost like you're unconcerned with the deadline you have on Monday." She reminded her, eyes trailing down to look at her pajama pants. "Is that coffee?"

"Yeah, this guy bumped into me and I spilled my co- argh! My mug." She muttered, putting her hand to her head.

"You are the most forgetful person I know." Charlie laughed, standing up and heading to the kitchen sink to wash up the plates.

"If you'd have seen the guy that bumped into me, you'd understand." She smirked.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:12 pm 

Contemplating existence

3rd Year (1)

Carlos eyed the Erin's hair, fighting the temptation to twirl one end of it with his finger. "Right, I forget, you're anything but boring," he said, grinning at her.

She finally grabbed all her things and said her farewell. Carlos smiled at the redhead, waving goodbye himself with only two fingers, his typical way of waving to people. "Bye Erin! I'll see ya soon."

He watched her walk away, distracted by her red hair to do anything else. She suddenly turned around, catching him still staring at her, and offered her encouragement for the play. He responded with a smile, nod, and a wink. He had the odd impulse to run up to her and lift her onto his shoulders. Weird impulses weren't new to him, but this particular one felt stranger in that it felt wrong and right at the same time. The thought brought him back to reality.

Damn, Cass is probably waiting for me, he thought, biting his lip and chewing on it.

Quickly shaking his head from the giddiness of having met Erin, he began to walk towards the market to pick up a tub of ice cream. He checked his phone on the way and responded to Cassandra's message: "I was actually craving Italian, you freaky psychic. I'm running a bit late, but I'm on my way to pick up the ice cream and I'll be there soon."

He put on a light jog to the store, powerwalked his way around it, and headed for Cassandra's place. He knew the door would be unlocked for him; the hinge was stuck somewhat, so when people tried to open it they were met with the same resistance as if it was locked, unless they knew how to work it. Carlos slid his license in between the hinge and the door frame and pushed it open with a firm but slow movement.

Cass was napping on the couch, looking more angelic than usual. Erin's visage flashed into his mind momentarily, and he shut his eyes instinctively even though the image was inside his head. I'm not sure I know what I'm getting myself into, he thought.

Shaking the doubts from his mind, he quietly padded his way over to Cass, climbing onto the couch by stepping in the small spaces he had left on either side of her legs. He put his hands down so that he was in a push up position right on top of her and slowly let his body fall onto hers. He put a hand on the back of her head, playing with her hair for a bit before planting a few kisses on her neck to wake her up.