All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:13 pm 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Hearing the sounds of chaos coming from the direction Hera had disappeared in, Hephaestus couldn't help a small smirk. He had never been on good terms with the queen of the gods, and his own mother, and that wasn't going to change now. He was secretly a little pleased that she too had been kicked out of the hall. Hera seemed to always see herself above everyone else, and such took it the hardest when that status was pulled out from under her. 

Seeing Ares approach, Hephaestus wondered where the god of war had been, but decided it was maybe for the better that he had been late. Had he been here during the actual meeting, they Area would have no doubt sided with Hera. Sure it had been thanks to the god and his love of battle and war that had given him the most opportunity to work his craft and be recognized by the humans, but that didn't mean that the answer to their current problem was to fight.

Apollo heard Persephone comment on his own statement and laughed.

"Can't say I'm too fond of hanging out with the dead, and Hades doesn't strike me as the type to grace the light too often. Guess our date is off." The god wasn't completely opposed to getting to know the king of the Underworld, it just wasn't very high on his to-do list. And now with what was going on, it was slipping further down. Turning back to Aphrodite, Apollo once more answered her question.

"Starting over seems like a long shot, I mean, what's to stop humans from resisting? They've grown comfortable in their ways in much the same way we have." The sounds of Hera's anger also reached his ears, and Apollo couldn't help but jump on Aphrodite's comment.

"Seems she has no problem with a little change!" Apollo commented, not bothering to try and hide his grin, even as the god of war himself approached. "And right on cue as tempers rise."

Turning to face Ares, Apollo addressed the god's question.

"Just a little sibling bonding --" He paused as the sound of a vase smashing echoed towards them. "And the usual chaos that seems to follow you around."

Hearing the sound of the gong, Apollo's grin fell a bit.

"And now we get to find out the rest."  

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:14 am 

Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (1)
1st Year (1) Supporter (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

While Hera's rampage carried on, Persephone talked to her half siblings. All the while curious what their shared father would do. Persephone shook her head with a small smile to Apollo.

"You're right, he doesn't care for it too much. I guess there'll be no date for you two."

She knew her husband didn't care for Apollo anymore then her half brother cared for him. Actually, she knew Hades would prefer to stay in the Underworld most of his immortal life. She didn't share that belief. There were times when she missed the sunlight. Especially after months of being in the darkness.

Persephone leaned against a column and listened to the talks. Starting over seemed so extreme but what else could be done? Mortals didn't fear them as much as they once did. Or worshiped them as much either. It seemed like an impossible situation.

The gong was rang and Persephone stood straight up.

"I guess we'll find out soon."

-----------------------------

Hera's room was destroyed, if only she could have destroyed Zeus' face instead! She heard the gong being rang and debated not going. 'Screw him!' She thought. He didn't even value her opinion. She was the damn queen and she was treated like a lesser goddess. But she also wanted to know what the hell was going on. She hated being out of the loop.

With her head held high, Hera stormed out of her room and headed back to Zeus' throne room. She walked past all the gods without saying a word.

ImageImage

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:59 pm 

Hera's rage was the stuff of legends. Most were happy to not be on the receiving end of it. Zeus was capable of many things, but he had never been able to tame that goddess.

"Sounds like she'll need a new bedroom set."

Hades commented dryly to his younger brother. While Hera was right mortals didn't fear them, killing them all would not be a good idea. Especially since he'd have to deal with them all. He was glad that his younger brother did not agree with his wife on how to handle it.

"And how do you plan to do that?"

Hades asked, a little confused. He wasn't sure how the mortals would not fear them without taking some lives. Most mortals feared death. Only the very brave entered his kingdom with no fear. And those heroes were few and in between.

Hades was very curious to learn how Zeus planned to handled this. He would find out with the rest of them.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:33 am 

Medals: 1
1st Year (1)

Naturally, Ares would have enjoyed some good ol’ sibling bonding, but of course, only as tempers flared did he truly rise to the occasion. As Apollo had said. It was a sure fire attraction to him. Considering that he had happened to show while his mother had been starting a war of her own in her room which would mostly look like an actual battlefield. But if he had showed up prior to, whose to say he might have heard something particularly interesting.

Like, at long last... Being let loose upon the mortals... To start a war to rival all wars!

While he loved and ached for the chance to remind the world of his might and the gods, but war was not to answer to their problems. Unfortunately. But the thought never escape him. He IS the God of War.

The gong was rang and Ares stretched his neck as he was pulled from his… Restless thoughts.

He could only dream of starting a war. But what would be done to settle their matter. He was curious to find out himself.

Hello there. Despite calling myself a madman, I am quite friendly. My door is open should one need an ear, so feel free to consult me should life be getting on your tail. I also have a link to my resume here as well as a work in progress list of my characters here. I will likely be serving some plot cakes over the summer.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:47 pm 

Sort of back.

Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)
Blog: View Blog (59)

Athena was now quiet and serious, simply listening to her siblings. The Goddess of Wisdom was usually one for listening more than speaking, as it helped her learn of important information.

Aphrodite, unlike Athena, was very interested in conversations. She wasn't as worried as the gods with a better judgement than her own, and knew whatever happened, she would always have a place in the hearts of mankind.

When Apollo mentioned that Hera seemingly had no problem with a little change, the Goddess of Love laughed and nodded. "Redecorating seems to be a preference of hers when angered", she commented, trying to keep a straight face.

When Ares showed up, Aphrodite showed a big smile. It was too bad he had only now come around. It would have been very interesting to see him be a part of the previous conversation. Oh, well. There would be a new conversation now, and he would get to be a part of it.

Whent he gong sounded, Athena moved to walk back in, but stopped on her tracks when she saw Hera. She could almost see the other goddess's rage simmering, and thought best to let her go in first.

"She will not", Zeus replied when Hades remarked that Hera would need a new bedroom set. He was so tired of his wife's tantrums. Why could she not be like Athena? Quiet, kept to herself and respectful of him? No, she had to act like a child whenever she did not get her way. How could they expect to be respected and feared if they could not even keep a decent behavior?

Zeus would wait for all of the other gods to be in and seated before speaking. He did notice a new face, and remarked, in an intonation that did not require a reply, that Ares was late, before turning his attention to each of the other gods in turn. Only once he had looked at each of them did the King of the Gods speak.

"Very well. I hope you all have had time to calm down...", he started, glancing at his wife. "And I also hope you know this decision is not up for discussion. I have thought to myself about the reasons of the current affair of states, and what to do about it". Letting this settle in, Zeus carried on after a moment or two. "I have come to the conclusion that, should you all have been tending to your affairs as you should, matters would not have gotten as they now are". Athena and Aphrodite both looked at their father. Aphrodite seemed curious. Athena's eyes seemed extremely concerned. This did not sound like a good conclusion would come of this.

"And as you are unable to do your work, I shall take over and do it, and fix matters myself". Athena jumped off her seat as though a fire had been lit under it. "You cannot be serious, father!", the goddess protested, looking around to see whether or not she was the only one for whom this idea seemed like sheer insanity.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:11 am 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Before Apollo could turn to reenter the throne room Hera walked on past the group, seemingly ignoring the lot of them. Shaking his head with his usual smile on his face, the young god followed, though he kept a little distance between himself and the queen of Olympus. Taking the seat he had held previously, Apollo waited for the others so they could get an answer.

Silently, Hephaestus followed the others and took his seat. He too was eager to know what sort of decision, if any, had been made. 

When Zeus explained to them all that he would be taking over their positions, Hephaestus expected a great deal of turmoil, particularly from the more outspoken of the group. Crossing his arms, the god of blacksmiths waited for what would happen next. It wasn't his fault the humans had chosen other forms of crafting and technology other than his own.

Apollo nearly fell out of his chair he had been perched on at Zeus' statement. Staring at his father like he had grown a second head, Apollo heard Athena's protest and stood to join her.

"I second what Athena said. How can you say we haven't been doing our work? You make it seem like we haven't done anything all these years." Apollo stated, irritation in his voice. Had he not feared being severely punished, or worse, he would have asked what Zeus himself had been doing all this time seeing as the humans weren't exactly worshiping him either. And if he couldn't handle his own domain, did he really think he could handle them all?

"So what, we're just expected to do nothing while you handle everything yourself?" Apollo asked, his own arms crossed as he questioned Zeus.

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon