All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fae Romance IC
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:10 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

“This is a big honour for our family William. The King and Queen have personally chosen your wife themselves.”

William stared at his mother in the mirror, watching as she tamed his hair with a bit of magic. He knew what was expected of him, he had accepted years ago that he had no control over who he was going to end up with. He trusted that his parents loved him enough to marry him to someone he would at least be happy with.

“Tonight you will be introduced to her and her parents formally and we will arrange the wedding.” His mother babbled on further but William stopped paying attention. He was finally allowed to stand and straighten his loose purple tunic. “We should go before we’re late.” He took his mother’s hand and gave her a gentle smile, “I promise to make you proud.”

When they arrived at the palace the family was lead to the dining room. William had to force himself to keep his hands from fisting at his sides lest they think him rude. William was seated to the right of the Kings seat, with his father beside him. There was an empty setting across from him, with his mother across from his father and the Queen at the end. William frowned when he took in how little settings there were, but he couldn’t concentrate on that too long when a servant announced the arrival of the King and Queen and he was forced to stand. He took a deep breath and let it out slowly, he was going to meet his future wife, and he was pretty sure he already knew who it was.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Fae Romance IC
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:44 pm 

College is blah

Medals: 2
Completed RP (2)

Rosalie sighed as she stood on the small cushion. She stared at herself in the mirror as her royal tailor made his way around her, his hands working quickly to dress her and make sure she looked perfect.

Armand smiled and backed up to look at his creation. Rosalie stood and turned to face Armand. He had put her in a beautiful golden dress that flowed from her chest to her feet. The male fairy gasped and put his hands to his mouth and basically screamed in excitement. "You look beautiful, Your Highness!" Rosalie was about to answer when she was pulled from the dressing room and brought to the dining room. Her wings were spread wide behind her back as she fluttered gracefully down the stares following her parents. She was surprised to see William standing there in her dining hall. Her parents had told her that she was being put in an arranged marriage, but they didn't say with who. Image
[img]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161105/ed8ac1236fe4d7219ae76919ba10bf1a.jpg[/img]

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

viewtopic.php?f=74&t=48075
My Character's
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=45307

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:35 pm 

William couldn't help but stare at the Princess when she came into the room, he had seen her hundreds of times, but tonight was different because he wasn't just seeing her as royalty, she was being introduced as his future wife. If he had known he was marrying the Princess he would have chosen a different tunic, one that was a little more flashy than simply being formal. He felt pale in comparison to the beautiful fae standing before him, and for the first time in a long time he wished he was fae himself so he had the easy grace they possessed.

He offered a gentle smile before giving a shallow bow at the waist. He straightened once more when he was allowed to, his eyes shifting to his mother to see if she had been at all aware of who he was being set up with. She didn't look surprised, so he could only guess that she had already known, or at least suspected, and had kept it from him.

William wasn't sure what he felt about the whole situation, he knew so little about the Princess in comparison to the other fae he had thought he might be married to. He wasn't object to the marriage, even if he was he knew he wasn't going to get out of it, but he wasn't sure how he felt about having to form a relationship with his future wife almost completely from sctratch.

Sitting down once more William settled himself in for what he was sure was going to be an interesting night.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:52 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Rosalie watched as her fiance had bowed to her and her parents. A smile played at the corners of her lips. He was poorly dressed, but that wasn't what he was here for. He was here to meet her, to get to know her a little bit before they were to be married.

The Queen smiled down at her daughter and then to the boy that would soon be her son-in-law. "Darling, this is William. William, this is Princess Rosalie."

Rosalie looked at her mother as she fluttered towards William, she landed and looked at him closely.
"Hello..." She said softly, her blue eyes staring into his eyes. The Queen smiled at her husband. "Why don't we all have a seat." She walked gracefully to her seat and sat, gesturing to the seat her daughter was to sit in. She blinked softly and turned, walking to her seat and sitting as well.

My Character's

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:10 pm 

"Such a pleasure to meet you Princess." William glanced around at the others in the room. "Thank you for inviting us tonight. It is such an honour that you have chosen me to marry you daughter." He bowed his head once more in the King's direction.

He sat back enough for the servant to place the food down in front of him, turning to glance at them and offering a small smile and quiet thanks when he recognised the girl as one of his brothers friends. He felt his father nudge his side and he glanced over, "Don't talk to them, keep your attention on the Princess and her parents. You are here to impress them, not the staff." His father scalded quietly.

"Sorry." He looked embarrassed and turned back to his plate, looking over the entree that had been placed in front of him. It hadn't even been five minutes and he was making a foul of himself and his family simply because he forgot his education of court etiquette.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:42 am 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Rosalie didn't eat much during dinner. She didn't talk a lot either. She had never been close to a human before, so naturally she was curious. But for now she had to be royal as usual.

She would delicately lift her utensil to her mouth, chew slowly and swallow her food. The table was silent. That is, until the Queen decided to strike up some lighthearted banter.
"William, tell us a little about yourself. The King and I are curious and I assume the Princess is as well." The Queen smiled at her daughter who only glanced at her mother and father before turning her attention to William.

Rosalie wanted to know more about him, but on her own time when it wasn't forced. She wanted to be able to be alone with him, talk to him by herself without her parents getting involved. If it was appropriate, she would have rolled her eyes at what her mother had said, but she refrained.

Setting her fork down, Rosalie then folded her hands together and set them on her lap. She was no longer hungry and wanted to pay attention to the man she was to be marrying.

My Character's

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:28 pm 

William put his fork aside when the Queen spoke, sorting through what he wanted to say in the presence of his parents and the King and Queen. He didn't like this awkward, forced formal setting he was being made to learn about his new wife.

He took a deep breath before letting it out and looking back up again. "I currently spend most of my time helping out in the apothecary on the edge of town. I help with gathering the ingredients that won't affect my human skin and cleaning the store. It's quite a bit of fun, and I am learning ways to protect myself from the ingredients that have a dangerous affect on me. The owner is also beginning to teach me to brew some basic tonics and potions." He leant back just enough to be more comfortable without being rude and slouching. "I really enjoy the work. It's both physical and uses my head. I also get to spend a lot of time with my brother, Cameron, since we both help out there."

"William is very close to his brother. He practically helped us raise him along with some of the other human children. He was a large help in bringing the fae and human children together more peacefully and forming friendships between them." His mother stated, William could hear the proud lilt in her voice.

William frowned a little at his mother having jumped in. He didn't want Rosalie to hear everything from his parents, he wanted to talk to her himself and learn about her through her. He offered a charming smile to the Queen, "I will admit I would like to get to know the woman who will become my wife, and I'm sure you can understand that dinner with our parents is not a..." he paused for a moment to come up with the right word so as not to offend or get in to much trouble, "not the most comfortable place for us to ask questions of each other." He turned his head to Rosalie, "Might I ask you out on a date so that we can get to know each other properly."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:30 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Rosalie smiled at William as he spoke. He seemed to be compassionate and caring for his family, a fine quality to have in search of a husband. Upon hearing his final words, the table went silent. Laughter and chatting had disappeared when he asked his question to the Princess. The Queen had set her fork down and glanced at her husband. "Well... That would be lovely..." She said a bit hesitantly. Rosalie threw a glare at her mother, sensing the hesitancy in her voice. "She accepts." The Queen said a smile on her face and a nervous tone in her voice.

A sudden slam was heard by the Princess, it was her hands that had slammed on the table. Rosalie stood, her face red with anger and her hands balled into fists. "You are already choosing who I marry. Can't I at least choose my date with my future husband?" She yelled in anger at her mother. The Queen was astonished at her daughter's sudden outburst. She didn't know what to say, she just looked at her daughter.

Rosalie looked at the people sitting at the table. "Excuse me..." She said softly as she fluttered away. She was embarrassed with what she had said. She exited the castle and fluttered to the garden. She sat on a stone bench and sighed, her hands fell to her sides as she held onto the bench as she felt like she was going to fall over.

My Character's

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:00 am 

William opened his mouth to reply when the Queen accepted for her daughter when he was stopped by Rosalie slamming her hands on the table. He watched in surprise as she yelled, flinching slightly at the anger.

When she left he stood quickly, ignoring the attempts to get him to return to the table. He followed the Princess through the halls out into the garden. He stood at a distance for a moment and just watched. When he saw her grab the bench he stepped forward and put a hand on her shoulder, ready to grab her if she fell.

"Are you okay?" He asked softly. "I'm sorry about all of this."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:50 am 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Rosalie sighed softly before jumping when she felt a hand on her shoulder. She stood and spun around, almost hitting William with her wings.

She gave a relieved sigh when she saw it was him.
"Yes. Thank you." She paused softly, thinking of what to say.

"I'm terribly sorry about dinner. I just don't like that my mother speaks for me. She's already chosen who I marry, I might as well have a choice in getting to know them on my own time." She gave a soft smile to William as she pointed to the maze. "Would you like to walk with me?" Rosalie said as she fiddled a bit with her dress. The golden dress was beautiful, it fell perfect on her, making her more beautiful than she had even thought she was.

It was true, the Princess had low self esteem. She didn't see how everyone could think that she was so beautiful. She was told every day since the day she was born, but for some reason she just couldn't see it.

My Character's

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:50 am 

William smiled a little. "I would love too." He held out his hand in an offer for her to take it while they walked.

"I hope you realise that I was asking you to go on a date with me. I wasn't asking your mother for permission." His gaze followed her hands and he smiled softly, fully taking in the dress and the woman in front of him. "I'm very lucky that you are my chosen wife. I'm sure it's frustrating for you not to get to chose, and I'm sure your last choice would have been a human, we may never love each other but I hope that we can be friends. I can't wait until I get to know you better. I'm sure you get told a lot that you are beautiful, but it is true."

"So you already know a little bit about me, although that's the boring part that parents want to hear." He joked, "So, now that our parents aren't around how about we ask each other some questions. I'll start, what are you most passionate about?"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:40 am 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Rosalie would hesitate before taking William's hand. She would walk next to him, her wings folded downwards and were pressed against her back. They were so long that they practically dragged on the ground behind her. The dress had a bit of train, so it protected her wings from getting dirty.

Rosalie looked at William when he spoke. She did understand that he was asking her on a date and not permission. She liked that he decided to ask her directly. It meant he had the will to possibly be a King one day. Since she was marrying him, he would be King. Of course he wouldn't have as many rights since he was a human, but he would still be King.

Rosalie smiled as he asked what she was most passionate about. She had to think about the question for a minute. She loved to paint, always has but she never really let anyone know, not even her parents knew. Mostly because they didn't really ask.

"I love to paint and draw. Ever since I was little, I've always been good at it." She smiled at William as they continued to walk, her arm looped into his as they walked.

"What do you like to do in your spare time?" Rosalie was just starting to notice how beautiful the garden was, especially in the evening time.

My Character's

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:59 am 

William couldn't keep the smile from his face as they walked. "I'm not very artistic at all. Maybe you could try and teach me how to paint sometime."

"Well, like I told you earlier I spend most of my spare time in the apothecary." His eyes fell on a small bed of purple flowers, and he had to smile a little. Irises, a royal flower that he wasn't surprised to find in the garden here, but that also showed faith and hope. He let her arm fall for a moment while he leant over to pick on of the flowers. When he stood again he turned her head gently to look at him, before tucking the beautiful purple flower behind her ear. "I do really love spending my time there. But I love being outside the most, exploring, finding beautiful and rarely visited places. It's so much fun to just start walking in a direction and getting lost. Working in the apothecary means I have the opportunity to do just that while I'm out gathering ingredients." He let go of her and took her arm back into his.

"Can you dance?"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:04 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Rosalie knew that he had answered that question. But she wanted to know if he was just saying that to impress her parents. Flowers really were beautiful, she loved them along with everything else in nature.

Blush crept its way onto Rosalie's cheeks as William put the flower he had plucked from the ground in her hair. Her heart began to race faster for some reason. 'At least he is kind...' She thought to herself.

She laughed softly as he asked if she knew how to dance. She nodded and then spoke her answer. "Of course I know how to dance. What kind of Princess would I be if I did not?" She followed up her rhetorical question with a soft laugh.

"Now I know you are human. But I must know. Do you know how to do magic?" She asked inquisitively. She knew that not many humans could produce magic, but some did. So naturally she was curious if he knew how to use magic.

My Character's

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:52 am 

William laughed with her, enjoying the easy atmosphere instead of the formal stuffy atmosphere of the dinner earlier.

"A little, but it is unpredictable and most of the time so draining on me that I don't do it often." William admitted, wondering if she would be dissapointed in his answer. "I haven't really practiced it because it takes so much energy out of me."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:33 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Rosalie had instantly become intrigued. She let her feet hover just above the ground as she floated. This often happened when she was happy or excited.

Her eyes lit up and her red lips broke into a smile. "What can you do?" She asked, an excited tone in her voice. She had always wanted to actually see a human do magic. Most could only brag that they could but never show it. She wanted to see if he could, but she didn't want to see it now. She would wait a while to ask him to show her. He was her guest, she didn't want him to be drained of energy. Especially on the first night of meeting each other.

Although she didn't really agree with arranged marriages, she was starting to think that William was interesting. Perhaps they would be great friends. Perhaps it would blossom to an even greater relationship. It isn't truly decided until it actually happens.

My Character's

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:56 pm 

William laughed when she began to hover just in front of him, happy to see some joy on her face. He bit his lip softly and thought about what he might be able to do that wouldn't drain him to much.

"I have some aquakinesis abilities. Like I said I don't really practice it to much." He concentrated on his limited magic, feeling a small bubble of water form around his hand. He held it for a moment before letting it go, along with the breath of air he was holding in his lungs. "I usually leave the magic to the fae, it's easier for all of us if I don't exhaust myself half way through a job."

"What magic is your dominant? Do you have a dominant ability?" He asked curiously, he knew there was magic all fairies could perform but he could remember that some of his friends had different abilities to each other.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:00 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Rosalie watched as he formed a small bubble of water in his hand, her eyes widened in awe as she witnessed first hand what she didn't believe before. She listened as he said that he usually left the magic to her kind, but it wasn't necessarily a race specific thing. Any race could use magic, it all depends on how determined the user is when starting off.

She had to think for a moment when he asked if she had a dominant ability. She didn't really know to be honest. She could do a lot of magic, all kinds actually. But she didn't think she had on specific ability that she used over the others. She then remembered that she does use plant manipulation often, along with light manipulation. She smiled and gave a soft nod.

"I don't really have a specific one ability I use over the others. I did however realize that as of late I have been using light magic more than the others." She smiled at him, but then she noticed a flower behind him that had died. The rose drooped over, it's petals almost completely fallen off. She frowned as she walked over to the thing, she plucked it from it's place on the bush and held it in her hand.

"Watch..." She said as she closed her eyes. She focused her mind, picturing a beautiful rose in her mind. One that would bloom in the most graceful of ways, it would be a vibrant shade of red, one that would remind anyone of the Princess' lips if they knew her well. The dead and wilted rose began to shake as Rosalie kept her eyes closed. As she was picturing the rose bloom, it started to bloom, regaining it's color in the process. This only took about a minute, when Rosalie pictured the rose finish growing and becoming healthy again, she opened her eyes, the color in them changing from a beautiful gold back to their regular shade of blue. She smiled as she held the rose in her hand and offered it to William. "For you..." She said softly, blush coming in on her cheeks. She struggled to get the blush off of her face but nothing worked really. The color in her cheeks stayed as she smiled.

My Character's

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:59 am 

Seeing magic being performed always amazed William, even if he grew up being surrounded by it. His eyes kept flicking between Rosalie's face and the rose in her hands, admiring the beauty of the whole thing.

When she offered the rose to him he took it carefully in both hands, simply staring at it for a few seconds and admiring the simple beauty of it. He had never seen magic quite like that before. When he finally did lift his eyes back to hers his smile was soft. "That is incredible." He stepped a little closer to her and pressed his lips to her cheek. He pulled back after the soft contact, his own cheeks flaring with red at his bold move. His smile turned shy and his eyes went to the ground.

He had every intention of pressing the rose before it could wilt and die again so he could preserve it forever. Or maybe he could ask one of the others if they knew a spell that could be used. He shook his head a little to clear his mind from that, he would think about it later, instead he turned all his attention back to Rosalie.

"Do you think maybe we should head back inside? Our parents are probably starting to worry. They might think we've run away to escape the marriage." He would like to stay out here a lot longer, but they would have to return eventually before someone came looking for them, and if that happened he was sure to get a lecture from his father about it. He was already going to be lectured for leaving the King and Queens presence without permission, and for not returning with the Princess as soon as he found her, as well as causing the whole issue in the first place by bringing up asking Rosalie on a date. He knew his father would blame it on him some how, that was the way he always was when he thought William wasn't following all the unwritten rules.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:08 am 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Rosalie smiled, she could feel her face turning red as he said that her power was amazing. Their eyes would meet for a brief moment before she would shyly turn away from him. She wondered if they would get closer if she could teach him some more spells. it was worth an ask anyway even if he refused. She was not expecting to fall in love or grow feelings for William. In fact, she didn't want feelings for the human she would be marrying. But she felt as if feelings would arise in time if they kept looking at each other the way the already had.

She was about to propose teaching him some more magic, when he suggested going back inside. Rosalie smiled and nodded, it would be best to go back in. She would rather face her parents sooner than later, and it was getting a bit cold outside. She gave a small laugh when he joked about them running away to escape marriage. Even if they did run away, they would never escape. Their world was only so big, and they would find them. Consequences would be great for the both of them. Rosalie took William's hand and started to walk back to the castle entrance from the garden. She silently walked through the halls with him by her side, ready to face a lecture from her mother and father.

Once in the dining hall, her parents turned and looked at the couple. Rosalie let go of William's hand and approached her parents. Even in times of great stress, she was still graceful.
"I am sorry, my parents. I just became so very overwhelmed and needed a breath of fresh air." She bowed her head to show her respect to them. She looked at William over her shoulder and then turned to his parents.
"I am also very sorry to you both as well. William was just worried about me. And I thank him for that. He is very kind, please do not punish him." Rosalie's gaze rested on William, a small smile on her face as she turned back to the parents.

"I know that I did not have a choice in this matter, or to whom I was to marry. But I believe William is a great fit. I accept marrying him and fulfilling my duty as Princess and future Queen to this land." Rosalie looked at her parents, who were smiling widely. The pride in their daughter almost radiating off of them.

My Character's