All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:08 pm 

Sort of back.

Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)
Blog: View Blog (59)

Crossroads, 2016

The words “small town” could have been written with Crossroads in mind. With a little over three thousand people, it is fair to say that everyone knows everyone else. If they don’t know each other personally, they at least know that they are there. Others meet in church, the local farmer’s market, the local school… basically, everyone knows a little about everyone else’s lives.

Being this small, the town didn’t offer much in terms of entertainment. The only place designed for entertainment was the social club, which was geared towards the younger people, so they had a place to go. Most of the time, though, people would go somewhere for a cup of coffee or just meet up at each other’s houses.

Most people who lived in the town were locals, with one or two people having moved from other places due to marriage or work - not that there was much they could do in there to make money. And the town itself seemed to choose those it wanted. Some people were not allowed to leave at all - something always happened whenever they tried - and some found out that, once they left town for something, they were not allowed back in.

That had been the case with some locals, and with some who had moved in from the outside as well, as the man who had married the keeper of the only Inn in town, Mrs. McCoy. The man had not even had the chance of getting to know his baby daughter, and his wife had been devastated at knowing that he was out there and being unable to reach him.

Unfortunately for the town, it had been just one more case. There was something - a curse, people said - that caused these strange events. Nobody knew why, how or who exactly had placed the curse over the town. But they knew it was real, and it was getting worse, as though the person who had placed it had been getting stronger.

Crossroads was no stranger to the supernatural. There were witches, wizards - both light and dark - and even werewolves in the town. Some of them wanted to lift the curse, and others wanted things to be kept as they were. And those were definitely about to come to a final clash. It was getting closer, and neither side knew exactly when it would happen.

The Inn - 9:15 a.m.

The small Inn was one of those place where people stopped for a cup of coffee, a meal or even to have breakfast with friends, so it wasn’t a surprise to see people who were not staying in there drop by just for a meet up or to hang out with the young Innkeeper, who had lived there her entire life.

Whoever came in was usually welcome, as they were all old friends, or at least acquaintances Arianna had a good relationship with. Not this morning, though. This morning, The Cottage, Arianna’s inn, had some unwelcome visitors.

“What do you want here?”, the young woman asked from behind her counter, her voice clearly exasperated.

One of the men who were standing at the other side smiled. “You know what we want, dear. We just came here to kindly invite you to a meeting tonight. Oh, and we would like to see the baby as well. I have heard she is beautiful”.

Hearing these words caused conflicting reactions. Arianna felt her heart freeze and her blood boil at the same time. Threatening her child, even remotely, was not something she was willing to take lightly.

Stepping outside the counter, the woman stood face to face with the man who had said these words. “Don’t ever mention my daughter again, you dirty ****ing dog!”, she all but growled. “I want all of you out of my Inn, now!”.

The three men laughed at the woman’s bravado. “...or what, sweetheart?”, the man who seemed to be the leader of the small group completed, brushing his fingers against Arianna’s cheek. The young woman’s hand pushed the man’s away. “...or I will make you leave”. The men laughed again, and this time, it was another one to speak. “Oh, really? You and what army?”.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:33 pm 

Medals: 6
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (1)
1st Year (1) Supporter (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Crossroads, 2016
The Inn - 9:20 a.m.

Crossroads was definitely a small town, it fit what anyone thought of a small town to a "t". However, there was no where else Ingrid Edwards would rather live. She had never dreamed of living anywhere else then this little town. Her husband, Gabe, had been born and raised here too. Thankfully they had been on the same page about that. Although their two children did find it boring at times. There wasn't much for two teenagers to do in a town like this.

Although, it wasn't totally safe. Not since the curse. Crossroads had always had some supernatural beings. Ingrid was a witch, but she was a light witch. She had healing powers, she used them to try to help people. It was fitting she had became a nurse. Her sixteen year old son, Hunter, was like Gabe, though. Gabe was a normal human and Hunter had never shown any powers. Eliza, her daughter, was a different story. She was thirteen and she was starting to show some powers.

Before the curse, Ingrid would have been thrilled one of her children was becoming a witch. Although she loved Hunter just the same, even if he was just like his father and was a normal human. However, since the curse and the increase actions of the dark witches, the idea of Eliza having powers too, scared Ingrid. Eliza was so young, they could easily manipulate her. She wanted to protect both her children at any cost.

Ingrid tried to have Eliza interact with light witches. Show her that powers were a gift, that she was meant to do good with. Help other people with them. Arianna McCoy, the Innkeeper, was another light witch. Ingrid was taking Eliza to talk to her. Plus, the Cottage, was always a good place to get something to eat.

Ingrid had no idea that when she and Eliza walked inside, that Arianna had some very unwanted company.

"Mom? Who are they?"

Eliza asked, a little afraid when Ingrid told her to get behind her.

"Not the type of people we associate with."

Ingrid said with a frown on her face.

ImageImage

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:35 pm 

Owner

Medals: 14
Villain of the Month (2) Original Character (1)
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)

The Inn 9:22am

The bell to the inn chimed in time to the chinking of the spurs on his boots. The corncob pipe between his lips burnt bright as he pulled a long slow drag. A plume of smoke allowed to lazily escape his lips only to be reclaimed by his nostrils. Not a word was said, because there did not seem to be a reason to right off, plus Kurt was one for the dramatics at times. Especially when there was a chance to scare some little pups into proper respect and manners. The smoke, once again, made its escape from his lips as he removed the mirrored aviators that had hidden his eyes up until this point. There was dangerous amusement that danced there. Wolf and man, both intrigued by this situation and nearly tickled with delight at the notion of some rough-housing.

“Good morning, Ladies,” the greeting said to the whole room as he tipped this wide brimmed ten-gallon black cowboy hat. More enjoyment taken from the anger he saw flash through the eyes of the men who did not take too kindly to being called Ladies. “I heard someone asked for an army?” pipe removed slowly with intentional measured care, he tapped the contents into his palm despite the heat and burn of the still hot embers. “Must be someone who thinks far too highly of themselves, don’t you think Arianna?” a chuckle left his lips. “I would think it would have to come from a couple of whelps who thought their dicks were big enough to mouth off to anyone but their own ****ing friends. Sounds about right, right?” slow almost lazy steps were taken to close the distance between himself and the three interlopers.

“Now,” once he was face to face with the “leader” of the bunch. “This can go one of two ways. Try to be pay attention as I am not in the mood to repeat myself and if I have to well, then the most obvious and violent choice will be chosen. You paying attention?” the male he addressed made the mistake of looking away, so that earned him a swift and sharp slap across the face. “I said pay attention!” Kurt barked this time, eyes hard as he stared into those of the man who had a look of anger mixed with fear now. “Good. Now, you can leave and go home to jerk one another off. Or, I can remove you and when I am done, there won’t be anything left to jerk off with. Choose.”

The two underlings looked more than a little startled, but the wanna be Alpha tried to save face for as long as possible. “She is not worth my time anyway,” he finally spat out before he and the other two carefully skirted Kurt, Ingrid and her daughter before they finally left the Inn.

“Man, I was hoping they would have allowed me to use option two. I never get to use that one anymore,” the sheriff replied with much disappointment evident in his voice. “All well, I would have hated to mess this place up for you Arianna. And little Eliza does not need to see me castrate a couple of cowards either. How’s the coffee today?” he asked, the conversation topic moved right into the next point of importance as if the standoff had not even happened.

"Any fool can write. It takes a genius to read"~Dadsky.
"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:39 pm 

SHE'S DEAD!

Blog: View Blog (1)

The Store 9:00 am

The muffled sounds of the town slowly coming to life filtered in through the front window. The warm rays of the sun softly gleamed off the polished wooden floor and counters. The light betrayed the interior's age as was care and commitment put into it. "Antique" was a good word, maybe "Vintage" was okay, but old lady DuHart would rise from her grave and take this place with her before someone could call it "Old". T.T. cleaned the countertops unhurriedly, her hands moving carefully over the surface with a thick yellowed cloth. It was therapeutic, the low noise and lazy work. It's what kept Charlotte here all these years... Atleast, that's what she told herself.The sharp creak of the wooden door followed by the tired ring of the old bell pierced the air. The door slammed harshly of its own volition. A small panting figure stood in the doorway, his arms barely able to contain a thick wooden crate. Charlotte sighed audibly, an amused smile tinged the corners of her mouth as she watched the boy struggle.

She rested a hand on the counter and watched the boy struggle into the store a bit more before dropping the box with a resounding thud in front of the shelves

"We got atleast five dollies and you're carryin' that thing around by hand?" the incredulity in her voice was apparent. The boy stood up and scratched his head.

"Naw, T.T., John an' Foreman an' them took 'em for somethin'." he replied in a winded but sheepish manner "said I wouldn't need it for a few small boxes."

Charlotte stopped in her tracks "Now, next time you see Foreman tell him that he'll be stockin'. I got a few words for that old sum'," she motioned to a small crate sitting next to the door "how 'bout you take this one right here and follow me over to the inn for breakfast." Charlotte slowly stepped from behind the counter without waiting for a response. The boy hopped up and shuffled over to open the front door for T.T. before hurrying back in to heft up the crate and follow.

The Inn 9:23 am

Charlotte arrived just in time to miss a commotion. She watched a group of men walk indignantly away from a familiar scruffy man toward the door. One of them gave her a hard look. She returned a warm smile without flinching. The small boy whitened as they passed and Charlotte placed a firm hand on his shoulder.

"Do me a favor, Alex. Take that box on over to a table and make sure it doesn't walk off."

"Yes ma'am," he nearly whispered before shuffling away.

"'There won’t be anything left to jerk off with.'? You been spending too much time around them teens, Kurt." she chuckled before focusing her attention on Arianna. She looked particularly upset. Charlotte had a feeling why, but she made a point of not addressing the matter.

"How you doin' this mornin', baby? How's the little one doin'? I brought some preserves and honey over for you to try: Tell me how the Rose Hip came out when you get a chance." she was diverting. She knew where this congregation's focus would shift otherwise, especially with Kurt and all these witches around. She was surprised he hadn't torn his beard out trying to deal with the nonsense going on in town.

Ingrid was standing stark despite the shift. It was hard to pretend when your children were at stake. Charlotte smiled at her "If it ain't little Eliza and her Momma," she announced theatrically "Pretty little girl, Ingrid. Looks just like her momma," she chuckled. Charlotte could feel the magic coming from that girl. It was strong, uncontained. Ingrid had good reason to be worried.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:55 pm 

Sort of back.

Crossroads, 2016
The Cottage Inn - 9:24 a.m.

Arianna was a little torn. At one hand, it was good to have company so she wouldn’t be alone with the unwanted visitors. On the other hand, though, having more people in there could put more people at risk. Adults, while concerning, were less scary for Arianna, as they could, even if simply normal people, defend themselves. Children like Eliza and her own baby, though, made Arianna feel her blood run cold in fear for them.

She was about to say something, when Kurt’s “Good morning, Ladies” rang in her ears. Thank whatever god is around now, Arianna thought to herself. His comment on someone asking for an army made the woman smile and nod. “It seems so. I just think nobody expected one to come so quickly”, she replied, her voice still betraying her tension.

Taking a few steps back - her eyes still locked in the visitors -, Arianna resumed her place behind the counter. Just in case some action happened. Or in case some of the dirty dogs decided to try and step inside, from where he could reach the area upstairs where the rooms and her living quarters were. And if someone did try to get anywhere near her child, there would be hell to pay. “I guess you do have a point, Kurt. And my mother used to say those who think too highly of themselves are often those who can never amount to anything”, she answered to his comment, trying to collect herself and calm herself down. She wasn’t alone anymore, after all. Between herself, Kurt and Ingrid, they should probably be able to deal with the wolves. Hopefully, it would not come to this, though, as Eliza was there and could get hurt.

As the three men left, intimidated by Kurt’s posture, Arianna let out a breath she didn’t even realize was being held. “Thank you so much, Kurt”, she mumbled, feeling her knees weak. “The coffee is strong and boiling hot, as usual. What else will you have?”, Arianna asked, trying to get back in track. “Good morning, Ingrid and Eliza. You will have breakfast as well, right?”, she asked, already moving to set two tables. What was happening to Crossroads? Things seemed to be getting worse by the day.

When Charlotte finally got to the Inn - luckily missing the worst part of the commotion -, Arianna was still shaken and a little pale, but trying hard to pretend nothing had happened. “Good morning, T.T.”, she greeted, trying to smile. “I’m fine, thanks, and Moira is fine too”, the young woman replied. “She’s getting over her cold really quickly”. After this comment, she smiled a little more sincerely. “Thank you so much, T.T. I will definitely let you know, but I’m sure everything is great as usual. How much do I owe you today?”, Arianna asked, starting to feel a bit better. “Come on, everyone, please take a seat, and make yourselves at home while I check on Moira and come right back down - you too, Alex”, she completed before excusing herself and taking a quick run upstairs, and coming back down with her daughter, as the baby had woken up and gripped her tightly when she had leaned to check on her.

“All right, what will everyone have?”, Arianna asked, now relieved that everything seemed to be all right - at least for this morning.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:47 pm 

The Cottage Inn - 9:25 a.m.

Ingrid glared at Arianna's unwelcome visitors. She didn't like what their little town was becoming. Especially not these type of people. She didn't want them anywhere near her children. Especially not Eliza. Eliza was becoming a teenager and her powers were start to show. A young girl, with untrained power...Ingrid was very concerned about it all. She was also glad for the arrival of Kurt, the town's sheriff.

"Morning."

Ingrid replied to him, not as friendly as she normally was. Eliza nodded her head hello. Eliza picked up on her mother's worry over the men in the Cottage Inn and didn't know what to think. Eliza's eyes got wide hearing what Kurt said to the people threatening Arianna and her baby. She thought to herself to never get on the sheriff's bad side. Ingrid normally didn't like that type of language around her kids, but right now, she didn't mind. Especially since he scared off the group. At least, for now, he did. They'd probably come back. People like that always did. Ingrid watched the men run off and gave Kurt a small smile.

"Yes, I'd prefer she did not see that today."

Eliza nodded her head in agreement. When Charlotte joined them, Eliza gave the older woman a smile.

"Thank you, ma'am."

She said, when she complimented her and Ingrid told her.

"Good morning, Charlotte. And thank you, she is growing up too fast on us. I just accepted Hunter is old enough to date. Now, Gabe and I have to watch out for her."

Ingrid said as a joke. Her son was sixteen and helping his father unload a delivery at the pharmacy. Although Hunter could start dating, he didn't worry her as much as Eliza. Gabe and Hunter didn't have supernatural gifts. Hunter's biggest worries were girls, sports, and school. While Eliza...Ingrid was worried about her. Her powers were start to show themselves and with the dark witches around, she didn't want someone to harm her little girl. Or use her for their own purposes. It wouldn't be hard to manipulate a young witch. Ingrid had to keep her daughter close to her. To protect her.

Ingrid could tell from the look on Arianna's face, that she had been worried. A mother could always tell. Ingrid was glad that Kurt had arrived when he did. To protect not just them, but also Eliza and Arianna's little baby from those men.

"Good morning, Arianna. Yes, we're here for some breakfast and we'll be taking something to go for Gabe and Hunter."

She had offered to get her husband and son some food. Ingrid always made sure her family ate. She and Eliza took a seat.

"Mom? Why does everyone call me little? I'm thirteen, not a little kid now."

Eliza asked Ingrid quietly. Ingrid smiled at her daughter.

"Sweetie, you'll be little until you have kids of your own. I was called 'Little' Ingrid until Hunter came long."

Eliza mumbled she still didn't like being thought of a kid. And Ingrid thought to herself that she wished she could keep Eliza little longer. They ordered omelets and bacon for breakfast.

ImageImage

View Likes PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:52 pm 

Owner

Medals: 14
Villain of the Month (2) Original Character (1)
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)

Kurt shrugged, “Well T.T you know what they say. Change with the Times, or whatever.” The large man strode over to one of the tables to take a seat. Heavy booted steps caused the wooden floor of the Inn to creak and moan under his weight though the man hardly cared or seemed to notice. At his table, he took a seat with a heavy plop, the wood of chair made the same protest of the floor. “This place is going to hell in a hand basket,” the sheriff mumbled as he leafed through the morning paper which had been tucked at the back of his waistband.

When Arianna returned with the baby, Kurt set the paper down and gestured, “There is no way in he-..” a glance at Eliza, “heck…that I am just going to sit here and let you serve us while you hold that baby. Hand her here or allow me to work in the kitchen. I do warn you that I’m like a bull in a china shop when it comes to me being in a kitchen. Plus, there is the chance that I could cause a fire….”

There was only the briefest of moments where the young mother weighed the options between the two before her daughter was handed over with a sigh. A surprising measure of care the giant of a man used t hold the precious child in his arms. A pang of regret gnawed at his heart with the knowledge that due to the curse on his life this would be something he could never have for himself. It would be irresponsible of him to do so. Have a child that he could harm…or even a family at all that were in danger of him whenever the moon was full in the sky. No. This was not for him, it would never be for him and over the years the pang grew less and less. At some point, it would be gone forever, and he expected that would be the end of it. Were it not for his position as Sheriff and the people he had taken under his care, Kurt doubted he would have managed to live so long. A bullet to the brain would have been the way out for the grizzled old man some years ago.

Without a family or a support system to lean on the world would have been bleak and pointless. Filled with lonely nights and dread of the full moon that was to come. At least now when he shifted he had people like Arianna that would sit with him. Even though he demanded that she leave him be, he knew she stayed. There on the other side of the bars of his cell as he paced and snarled like a monster. The young mother would sit and read to him. Voice soft, steady and ever present even when he threw himself at the bars and howled his fury. Never did she flinch or so much as bat an eye in his direction. Just the even tone of her words as line by line was read to him. There was no reaction from him, as the beast was always in complete control. However, on the security cameras, there were moments, brief though they were, where he would stop the thrashing, halt the violence and just listen. Head pressed against the steel bars as a pitiful whimper would croon out from his throat and fill the station. As if the man was there for a moment and was pained by the state he was in.

These moments rarely lasted long and in the next instant, Kurt would be back at it. A slobbering beast that wanted to rip the flesh from Arianna’s bones. It was her blind love and support of the sheriff that endeared her to his heart and made him want to help her however and whenever possible. Even if it would be something as simple as holding the baby while she worked.

"Any fool can write. It takes a genius to read"~Dadsky.
"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:51 am 

SHE'S DEAD!

Charlotte was so concentrated on little Eliza and her momma that it took her a considerable amount of time to register Arianna had asked her a question. She waved her hand dismissively "Now sweetie, I may be a woman of business but what kinda person would I be if I charged you for a product you ain't ask for?" she gave her a knowing look. A lot of people appreciated Arianna, she did a lot of good for this town, despite the danger. It was getting harder and harder for T.T. to keep taking in all these people. Alex sat at the table, his chin resting on his hands as he stared boredly at the wooden crate. It'd been three months now since his parents had "disappeared". Charlotte looked at him for a moment, a pained expression coloring her features before she shook the thoughts from her head.

"Think of it as payment for a consultation," she gestured for Alex to come over. He slipped out of his seat and scooped the box up before shuffling over to Charlotte. "Put it right on the counter here and take a seat, sweetie. What you wanna eat?". The boy complied silently before looking up at her. He fidgeted a bit, unsure of what to say. A meek voice finally squeaked out with a request "Can I get some bacon and pancakes, Miss T.T.?"

Charlotte gave him a warm smile before looking back up at Arianna "Just some tea for me and add a side of apples to his plate." She took a seat at the table next to Kurt, leaning her elbows into the table with her arms crossed in front of her.

“This place is going to hell in a hand basket,” the grizzled man grumbled "Mhm" Charlotte affirmed almost reflexively, a touch of harshness crept into her tone. The instant Arianna came out with little Moira, Charlotte exclaimed with barely contained excitement. Arianna had resigned to letting Kurt hold the child. It was like watching a bear cradle a chick. "Now if that ain't the cutest little face I ever seen," she said as she tickled the little baby.

"Speaking of help in the kitchen, are you alright back there? Let me know, baby." her words were directed toward Arianna but the baby still had her attention. "Matter of fact Alex, go on and tell Foreman to watch the store real quick then come right back, okay?"

The boy scooted from his seat and with a "Yes ma'am" he zipped out the door into town. Charlotte focused in on Arianna now, her smile was genuine but the offer wasn't truly altruistic. They needed to have a talk. Charlotte was old and she knew it, but she got that way because she knew a thing or two.

"I'll be back to help you in a minute,"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:38 am 

Sort of back.

Arianna was still shaken, but now that the men were gone - at least for now, as she didn’t really think they would be gone for good -, she was starting to calm down and become more like herself again. Once she had Moira in her arms, Arianna felt her heartbeat come back to a steady pace. Her child was in her arms, she was safe now.

Smiling at Ingrid, the young witch nodded when she said they were there for breakfast and to take some for her husband and son. That wasn’t uncommon, and Arianna was used to that. “Great, I’ll make sure they have something warm and delicious to eat, so I’ll make it fresh once you’re done”, she offered with a smile. “By the way, you and me. Dinner, just tell me when”, she added with another smile. Arianna really did like Ingrid’s company, the other witch had been really great to her after her husband had left, and Arianna now considered her a good friend.

When Kurt basically ordered her to hand over the baby - Arianna knew it was a request, and a kind one at that, but Kurt’s tone always made everything sound like an order -, Arianna pondered for a moment. Having Kurt try to help her in the kitchen would probably be almost as dangerous as having the werewolves around, so the young woman chose to hand little Moira over to the man. “Yeah, sir, you stay away from my kitchen”, she replied, allowing the sheriff to hold her baby. “You have just saved me from a pretty unpleasant situation, but that doesn’t mean I will let you burn my Inn to the ground”, Arianna completed with a smile.

Despite her comment, Arianna would have allowed Kurt anything he wanted. She considered everyone in town - at least everyone who didn’t follow the Wizard - a good friend, but there was a stronger bond of friendship she felt with the sheriff. For different reasons, they were both lonely creatures at heart. He was lonely because of his curse, which made him dangerous to be around. As for herself, she had lost her parents, her sister had turned a dark witch, and her husband had been prevented from coming back into town, leaving her to fend for herself with their child. It was easy to understand someone else’s loneliness when yours threatened to swallow you whole the moment you had no company to keep your mind off things.

When Charlotte said she wouldn’t charge her for the items she had brought, Arianna was about to protest. What shut her up was the older woman’s comment about payment for a consultation. That alone caused her to nod. “Very well”, she replied, wondering what said consultation would be about. Despite her curiosity, Arianna knew better than to ask what the matter was in the middle of all these people. She knew Charlotte wasn’t really keen on the whole thing with witches, so it should probably be something serious.

While little Moira let out some giggles at being tickled, her mother moved to the kitchen to start work on breakfast, looking through the strategically placed window so she could see and hear what was going on outside. Knowing that Charlotte’s offer of help might mean more than simple kindness, Arianna decided all she had to do was accept it. “Thanks, T.T., I really appreciate it”, she replied while already moving around to set down all of the ingredients she would need before starting with the process of cooking what everyone had ordered.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:02 pm 

Ingrid thought it was a good thing they had all showed up when they did. Ingrid didn't trust those dark witches as far as she could throw them. She was glad to see them leave, for now, anyway. Ingrid had a feeling they'd come back to harass Arianna again. They gave Ingrid the creeps around town. And she didn't like how they looked at her daughter. She knew Eliza was starting to mature and her powers would grow. It scared the woman to think about it.

Ingrid smiled when Arianna said she'd have fresh food made for Gabe and Hunter.

"Great, thank you. I know they'll be very happy. They were jealous that we were coming and they couldn't join us."

Everyone in Ingrid's family loved eating here. When Arianna suggested they have dinner, Ingrid replied.

"How about tomorrow night?"

She enjoyed the other witch's company and she knew Gabe wouldn't be working. The kids were older, he could handle them on his own. Plus, he did tell her to get out and spend time with her friends.

Ingrid's smile got bigger seeing Kurt told the baby. Although their werewolf sheriff was right. Their town was going to hell in a hand basket. She used to think Crossroards was the best place in the world to raise kids, but since the Wizard...She wasn't as sure. She looked at her daughter with a worried look on her face.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:52 pm 

SHE'S DEAD!

With a final tickle under little Moira's chin, Charlotte stood up and strolled into the kitchen. Though her movements seemed unhurried, her hands moved expertly through the cabinets. Within a moment's notice, a set of pots and pans were warming on the stove and she had taken up station at a nearby counter, making quick work of whipping up batches of batter. The pair worked in near silence as the kitchen hummed to life with the sounds of whispering flames and running fans. The occasional crack of an egg and clank of metal against metal rang out followed by the hiss of a running sink, the open and closing of the fridge; the warm up before the symphony of the kitchen truly began.

The sizzle of the meat as it hit the searing cast iron filled the kitchen "How're things goin' sweetie?" Charlotte started. She was standing next to Arianna and so didn't raise her voice to speak "with all this dark witch business goin' on, there don't seem to be an end to the chaos." she never looked up from what she was doing but her attention was definitely in her words.

"That boy Alex... 'nother one ain't seen his parents in two years now" She quickly grabbed a spatula and reached across Arianna to flip a batch of pancakes "They had it in their blood," she spoke with no more surprise or conspiracy than one would about some unseasonably warm weather.

"He's still young enough, so he's been stayin' at the store most days," to an outsider that would've been confusing but everyone around town knew that trouble didn't happen at T.T.'s.

A long pause followed this statement as the two continued to cook "Makes you wonder if all this magic nonsense is really worth the trouble it brings," she began to pull out a set of plates as she talked. She was getting at something, like a door-to-door saleswoman trying to coolly get her next customer.

"I got a book at the shop, think you might get more use out of it than me these days," she began plating the food as it finished "I'll give it to you in a bit, you tell me what y'think, and we'll be square." The two had finished making several meals and the kitchen quieted for a moment.

"Sound good?"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:25 pm 

Sort of back.

Arianna took a deep breath and looked at the people waiting to have breakfast. Those people were her family, she had to admit. The only one she could rely on, as there was nobody else who shared her blood and hadn't gone to the wrong side in town.

"You're welcome, it's a pleasure", she responded to Ingrid's thanking her for arranging fresh food for her husband and soon. Arianna believed everyone should have a fresh meal, even if they couldn't come to the Inn. Smiling when her friend suggested they had dinner next night, Arianna agreed right away. "Sounds great. I'll see if I can convince T.T. to baby sit for me... and to hand my baby over when I get back and want to pick her up", Arianna joked gently. She knew it wasn't hard to get anyone to watch Moira for an hour or two, so she wasn't really too worried about that.

"I'll find someone, whoever it happens to be, so it's settled, tomorrow then", she reaffirmed, keeping busy with getting everyone's orders.

Having Charlotte help her in the kitchen was comforting. The woman always gave off a motherly feeling, and Arianna really missed having a mother figure since her own mother had passed away. Sure, maybe Charlotte would be more of a grandmother, but it didn't really matter. She was someone who brought her comfort.

When the woman asked how things were, Arianna sighed. "Well enough", she replied after some hesitation. She then nodded about the dark witches. "Gods, I know, you have no idea how much I know, honey", she replied, as though there was more that she knew than she was willing to say.

With a sigh, she looked outside when Charlotte mentioned Alex's parents. "Have they been locked out?", she asked, hoping the Wizard had not taken them, either by seduction or by force.

Arianna showed a sad smile when Charlotte mentioned magic being worth the trouble. "I know you don't really like it", she murmured. "But I can't just ignore my calling, you know that". As she paused, Arianna helped Charlotte plate the food and started setting the cups of coffee. Now there was nothing more to do than the fresh food for Ingrid's boys, and she would take care of that once they had finished eating.

"I'm not sure I will like this book, T.T. But fine, we have a deal. I will look at it whenever everyone is gone. Does it work?", she asked, wanting to get everything settled before returning to the main area.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:30 pm 

The food at the Inn was always worth the wait. Ingrid was sure her husband and her son would be happy with a meal from it. Sometimes she thought that they thought Arianna's cooking was better then her own. Actually, it was probably true. Ingrid enjoyed Arianna's cooking a lot herself. Ingrid smiled at her friend.

"I'm sure you won't have to work too hard to convince her. In fact, you'll probably have to work harder on convincing her to give your baby back."

Ingrid ended the sentence with a wink. Moira was an adorable little baby. Everyone in Crossroads seemed to love her. Ingrid was sure Arianna would have no trouble finding a babysitter. Arianna would probably have to turn people down at the opportunity to spend a few hours with the little girl. Ingrid was fond of the baby herself. Not that she wanted to start over again. Her son was sixteen and her daughter was thirteen. She was well out of the baby phase. Although she had no problem helping her friends spoil Moira.

"Tomorrow night it is."

Ingrid said with a nod of her head in agreement. She let Arianna get back to her work and took a sip of her drink. She looked at Eliza and suddenly wished she was little again. Her daughter had just entered puberty and was taking after her...Which meant as her body matured, so were her powers. It worried Ingrid greatly, she didn't want the dark witches near her child. But she also knew it was impossible to protect her twenty four hours a day.

ImageImage