PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:30 am 

Sort of back.

Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)
Blog: View Blog (59)

Date: December 25th, 1536
Place: The Royal Palace

The preparations for the Christmas celebrations were almost ready, as there would be a feast for all those who had been invited to the palace at night, in the Throne Room. Many nobles had been invited, from England and other kingdoms, and it seemed like it would be a merry evening. Queen Esther was happy to share this moment with all the people they had invited. Some of them were mere acquaintances, but some were relatives and dear friends, and having her sister in the Palace made everything much better. It was a point Esther had made since she had moved to England, to invite Isabel to spend Christmas with her whenever she could, since the sisters were very close. After little Cosimo had been born, Esther had made even more of a point, as it was her chance to spoil her nephew as much as she possibly could.

Of course, some of the people around them were not exactly desirable. But those should be tolerated, in the name of tradition and politics, and as a means of keeping the peace. Politics. That was the worst part of being a Queen, in Esther’s opinion.

Tradition didn’t really bother Esther. She had been raised by her parents - mostly her father - to respect traditions, and they were a part of her life. The ones in England were slightly harder to navigate, as she had needed to learn them, but having lived in the country for a few years, Queen Esther could say she had gotten most traditions down.

Christmas wasn’t too different from the celebrations back home. There was a feast, gift giving, well wishing… it was all very cheerful. Esther loved picking out gifts for friends and family members, and the one for the King was always her favorite one to pick. For this year, she had picked her mind for a long time, and decided on a falcon for hunting, as she couldn’t think of anything else he didn’t have already. And, as had become a personal tradition, she always loved to surprise him with his gift before it could be seen by the public eye.

With that in mind, Esther had woken up early. Not that she did not often jump out of bed early, but this morning, she was up before the sun was even out. With the help of one of her favorite ladies in waiting, she picked out a dress and got dressed, having her hair braided with some small white flowers as ornaments, and made sure she looked as well as she wanted to look for her husband. Since she could not give him a child - at least as of yet -, Esther had decided she would be the best wife she could possibly be. She didn’t want to be cast aside, after all. Having seen what had happened to other queens who couldn’t provide heirs, that fear was always present in Esther’s heart, and she did the best she could to make herself valuable and lovable for her King, as she loved him too much to accept being cast away without putting up a fight. And choosing to please him at any chance she got was a part of that. One day, she would be able to give the King a child, she was sure. For now, though, she had to choose other ways of making him happy.

Once she was happy with how she looked - in her lady in waiting’s words, “like a rose”, with her dark green dress accentuating the color of her hair -, the Queen stepped out of her room, her other ladies now accompanying her. Tradition had to be kept, after all. Once she reached the King’s chambers, as was proper, the Queen had one of her ladies knock and ask the servant who had come to the door if the King was already out of bed, and waited, anxious to spend time with him before anyone else got to.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Court Intrigues - IC
View Likes PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:07 pm 

Medals: 6
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (1)
1st Year (1) Supporter (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

It was Christmas morning and there was no where else in the world Isabel de Medici would rather be. While Tuscany was her home now, a part of her heart was in England. Her beloved younger sister was the Queen of this country. They had been very close growing up and tried to still be close through letters and visits after their respective marriages.

Although Isabel's own marriage was different then Esther's. Esther had been betrothed to the Braiden, the current king. Isabel had been betrothed to another man but met her husband at engagement party for her sister. It had been a scandal in the making, especially since Fernando had been betrothed as well, but thankfully her father and father-in-law had given her and Fernando their blessings to marry in the end. Unlike some noble couples, they shared a bedroom where ever they went. At home and on trips. Isabel loved that Fernando was the last person she saw when she went to sleep and the first person she saw when she woke up. Isabel smiled at her husband as he began to wake up.

"Merry Christmas."

Isabel told him with a smile, leaning up on her elbow. Fernando replied in a heavy Italian accent.

"Merry Christmas, il mio amore."

Fernando put his hand behind her head to lower her head down to give her a kiss. Pretty soon their son, Cosimo, would wake up. He had been very excited to come to England with them for the holiday. He absolutely adored his auntie. Fernando and Isabel had no doubt that Esther would spoil him as much as she could during their visit too. For a moment, the couple decided to enjoy their peaceful moment before Cosimo woke up and they would all have to get ready for the formal traditions.

-------------------------

Victoria Dumont sighed as she woke up. It was Christmas morning but she would not be getting what she truly wanted for Christmas. She might live in this palace but it wasn't hers. It should be hers. She was married to the king's uncle, Thaddeus. The illegitimate, first born son of King Francis I. Born to the king's mistress, Thaddeus had no claim to the throne. Not once Francis had a legitimate son with his queen, who then went to have his own children. Thaddeus should be the king and she should be his queen.

So, once again, Victoria didn't get what she really wanted for Christmas. Instead, she'd have to play nice to her nephew, the current king, and his Scottish wife. Especially since her husband didn't seem to mind that Braiden had what should be his. She sat down in front of her vanity and grabbed a brush.

"Well, it is Christmas. I suppose I can be a little nice to Braiden and his little wife."

Victoria told her reflection as she began to brush her hair. Although the idea of being nice made her laugh out loud. Nice wasn't a word many would use to describe her.

ImageImage

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
View Likes PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:48 pm 

Laughter woke Thaddeus from his slumber. Not the light melodious laughter of his favorite plaything, her name even he didn't remember, but the deep, mature laughter of his wife. Thaddeus didn't hear it enough anymore, in his opinion. He loved his wife's laughter, although it was usually brought on by something less then humorous.

Thaddeus rolled over in the bed and eyed Victoria as she sat at her vanity, brushing her golden hair. She truly was beautiful, even now in her older years: And even though Thaddeus took several lovers, it didn't diminish the love...and lust he had for his wife. Quietly, Thaddeus rolled out of bed, the sheets and covers rubbing together with his movements. "Victoria. My love." He stood behind her, noticing the slight lines on both their faces. To him, it only added to Victoria's mature beauty.

"It's will be easier to be kind to Braiden and Esther with time." He brushed aside the hair from her right shoulder and kissed the nook at the bottom of her neck. He didn't understand her ambition for the thrown. Well, a part of him did, but not a large enough part to reach for it. Thaddeus massaged his wife's shoulders for a moment before stepping back and heading for the closet.

"It's is Christmas and I have a gift for you." He reached into the far left corner and pulled out a velvet box wrapped with a royal blue ribbon. The inside held a rather ornate piece of jewelry: blue Sapphire and white Diamond cushioned in white gold. "This belonged to my mother." It's had been a gift from his father to his mother when Thaddeus was born. He laid the box on her vanity and stood behind Victoria, waiting anxiously for her to open it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Date: December 2nd, 1536
Place: The Royal Palace of Savoy in Italy

Annalisa had been awake long before the sun. Her morning had been spent mostly pacing between her balcony and her room. She had a very important diplomatic trip ahead of her and, honestly, Annalisa was a bit nervous. A few times she had caught herself chewing on her nails: a habit she thought she had broken back when she was a child. After the 4th, maybe 5th, time catching herself, Annalisa gave a sigh and made her way to her closet. Most of it had already been packed up for her trip, but there was plenty still to chose from.

Once dressed, Annalisa made her way to the Courtyard. She was to begin her trip from Italy to England. "My dear Annalisa. Sending you will surely strengthen our relationship with England. You will write often?" The Queen, whom Annalisa had become great friends with, asked as she hugged the lesser ranked woman.

"Of course, Your Majesty." Annalisa smiled, curtsied, and climbed into her carriage. Her trip ahead was a long one.

December 25th, 1536
Place: The Royal Palace of England

Annalisa had shown up in the very wee hours of the morning, long before many of the Royal family had been awake. Of course, with it being Christmas, Annalisa didn't expect to greet, or be welcomed by, the Royal family. Today they would be enjoying themselves before their duties would resume, at least that's what Annalisa expected. For now, Annalisa decided to nap before awaking around midday and getting dressed.

Annalisa chose a navy blue gown, inlaid with gold along the bust and sleeves. It brought out the brown, or was it red, of her hair. She had decided to take a walk in the gardens and enjoy a day of relaxation before her more diplomatic duties would resume.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:43 am 

Wandering through uncharted space...

Location: Canada... Somewhere in the North of Kere's Domain...
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)
1st Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (3)

Braiden was looking forwards to spending time enjoying the Christmas celebrations this year and seeing some foreign friends he hadn't seen in a long time. Braiden always thought about how different things were for Princes and Kings during this time of year. How his mother used to tell him tales of friendships that spawned adventures and life threatening disasters, monsters and castles. He had always wondered why his father said friends of princes were only vying for a position in court, when his mother believed in the goodness of all hearts. It had always confused him as a child. Now as a man and husband he could see the flow of politics involved in friendship. Which is one of the main reasons he kept his friends and enemies close, but never really trusted any of them. Even his family was a hundred percent trusted. He was weary of them. Weary of betrayal and schemes. It felt more like navigating rough seas then it did a celebration. How he wishes he could be like his mother and see the world as a place of kindness and love. He sighed and pushed his mind away from these thoughts. He would enjoy the celebrations as he did every year, but it always served to remind him how lonely life could be. In the same light it made him grateful for his wife Esther. His light in the darkness.

Everything Braiden did was weighed and calculated and he didn't always enjoy the constraint this placed on him, but he silently did as he was expected. Present the king you want them to think you are, his father had always told him. Be the king they deserve you to be and always work for your people's greater good and not your own selfish desires. The lessons from the whole of his childhood rang in his ears. Why did he always feel the weight of ruling on Christmas?

The one tradition added to his household since his marriage was his wife coming to see him the morning of Christmas, regardless of tradition and dictate. He loved that about her. She did everything to be a wife worthy of the crown. He knew the gossip of the court that said she was barren. He didn't care. He wouldn't cast her aside for anything. There was other ways to get an heir even if he had to break tradition to do it. He wouldn't allow such a perfect Queen for him to leave his side.

He had just finished buttoning the thick rich deep almost black purple coat trimmed in maroon and silver. With silver embroidery spinning up to decorate the edges and panels of the top. Turning to his desk he picked up the missive he'd written last night:

Greetings and welcome to England Ambassador,

I offer you all blessings and warm wishes on this Christmas morning. Due to the traditions of our land I am unable to meet with you personally today, however, I would like to invite you to join my court in our celebrations. My servant who I sent with this letter will see that you are settled. Do not hesitate to inquire of him whatever you need to make your stay comfortable.

I have schedule a private meeting to hear your request with my advisors tomorrow at 10. A servant will come to your rooms to show you to the throne room.

His Majesty
King Braiden Lesnar

Turning to a servant near him he told the man, "Take this letter to the Italian Ambassador. You are to remain to insure she is settle and her needs seen to. Her mission here is one to further our alliance with Italy I require that she is shown all England's hospitality and especially the wealth of my kingdom."

"Yes Majesty," The servant said bowing taking the missive from his king and leaving quickly. Turning to his desk once more he regarded the crown that sat there. Deciding he didn't feel like wearing it right this second while he was still in his personal chambers. He left the crown he would wear for court later sitting on his desk next to the stack of paperwork he had been working on late last night when he heard the knock on his door. He looked over at one of the servants who were making his bed.

"Answer the door," he told the servant, by way of instructing him that he was awake and wished to receive visitors. The servant bowed and ran quickly to the door to open it and admit his guest. Announcing as he did so. He looked over at the table that held his small stack of gifts he had prepared specifically for certain people he cared deeply for. There was the gift for Esther, Isabel, Fernando and his nephew Cosimo in that pile to name a few who he had personally gotten gifts for. They were of course his immediate family. He couldn't help but laugh lightly at the thought of what Cosimo would do when he saw the golden wrapped box, never mind the books and toys that lay within. Though his duties kept him too busy to spend much time with his nephew he loved his nephew dearly and therefore wanted to insure the boy knew it.

"The Queen has come to see you Your Majesty," the servant announced his visitor while bowing her into the room. Braiden turned from his mirror to look over at his wife a wide smile spreading across his face as he faced her. She was resplendir in her dress.

"You look stunning my love," Braiden complemented her.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:15 am 

Sort of back.

Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)
Blog: View Blog (59)

The King's chambers

Esther waited with contained excitement for her husband. Despite having wedded him through arranged marriage, the Queen had fallen in love with the King, and could not be happier. Well, she could. If only she could provide her husband with a child - at this point, even a girl would do -, Queen Esther would consider herself the most blessed woman alive. Other than that, Esther could not wish for more. She lived in a beautiful palace, had lovely ladies around her, and was married to a loving husband who had refused to cast her aside due to her inability to conceive. She had wonderful siblings and a good father, and an adorable nephew who made her heart melt every time he called her ‘auntie Queen’. What more could she want? Well… a child, but that would have to happen in God’s time, not her own.

Deciding she would not think of problems now, Esther focused on the day ahead. She had to give her husband his Christmas gift, after all. She had ordered it from Scotland, as a means of ensuring she had the right one, as her father would choose and make sure it was a good bird, and also because she wanted it to be a symbol of her own company when they were apart for his hunts.

Hearing Braiden’s compliment made Esther’s heart race. This was the power her husband had over her. A simple compliment by him was enough to make her sigh and blush. “Thank you, my love”, the Queen finally replied, once she found her voice. Her ladies were waiting a few steps behind, as it was proper, one of them watching the King and Queen like a hawk. She needed to memorize every move and word she could, after all.

Not even remembering anyone else was around, Esther finally moved to make her usual courtesy to the King. “Would you allow me to lead you to your Christmas gift, my love?”, she asked, her voice betraying the excitement she felt. “I believe you will find it to your liking”, Esther completed, knowing that Braiden would probably like anything she found suitable for him, as he did every year. Giving him his gift first thing Christmas morning was her favorite tradition, she had to admit.

After requesting what she did every year, Esther waited, anxiety clear on her face, for Braiden’s response. With a soft smile - that caused the lady who was watching her to close hers -, the Queen offered her husband a ‘perk’. “If you are kind enough to accompany me, I may even dismiss my ladies for a few moments”, she completed before falling silent to, now, wait for the King’s answer.

The lady who had been watching the Queen wondered whether or not it would be a bad thing to be left behind. She would like to follow the royal couple around, but maybe this little time would give her the chance to add the events of this morning to her report and slip it under Lady Victoria’s door. It had been a while since she had sent the latest one, and the current one confirmed that the Queen was not yet with child, which was probably important information for the woman.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:49 pm 

Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (1)
1st Year (1) Supporter (1)

It didn't take long before Isabel and Fernando's private moment was interrupted by their little son. At almost three years old, he was a handful. Cosimo jumped into his parents bed and exclaimed.

"Mama! Papa! Get up! It Christmas!"

His parents smiled at him. Fernando grabbed Cosimo and told him.

"Yes, it is and I bet you want your presents."

Cosimo nodded his head eagerly.

"Yes, Papa!"

"Hmmm...I did not hear a certain little boy say please."

Fernando gave Isabel a wink. Isabel nodded her head with a smile.

"Nor did I."

"That is not proper manners, young man."

Fernando told their son and then started to tickle him as a 'punishment'. Cosimo, who was very ticklish, began to laugh.

-------------------------

Victoria had not meant to wake up her husband. She looked up at him in the mirror.

"I am sure you are right, dear husband."

Victoria replied to Thaddeus, not sharing his affection for Braiden or Esther. She did not understand how her husband could be content with his place in the country. He could be, should be king. He was the first born son of King Francis. If only his mother had not been the old king's mistress...If Thaddeus' mother had been the rightful queen, then Victoria would be queen right now. Not that little Scottish girl who was surely barren. She couldn't even give his Majesty a girl.

Victoria sighed contently as he kissed her. She knew he had other lovers, younger then her, but it did not bother Victoria. As long as he remained discreet and didn't try to replace her, she'd let him keep his playthings. After all, most men needed some variety in their bedrooms to stay happy in life. She watched Thaddeus grab her gift. Victoria opened it and gave something that few people rarely saw, a genuine smile. Her gift was truly beautiful, fit for a queen.

"I love it, Thaddeus. Thank you."

Victoria replied to him, carefully taking it out of the box and put it on. She noticed from the corner of her eye in the mirror, a note slip under her door. Not wanting Thaddeus to see it, Victoria asked him.

"What gift are we giving his Majesty this year? And may I see it before you give it to him?"

Not that really cared if Braiden liked his gift or not, but she did know that Thaddeus had deep affection for his nephew. If he was distracted with the king's gift, she could grab the note.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:45 pm 

The smile that spread upon Thaddeus's face as his wife put on his mother's necklace was nothing short of pure happiness. It looked absolutely beautiful on her, fitting perfectly between her collarbone, as if it had truly been made for her the entire time. "Nothing can compare. Neither the sun, nor the stars." When Victoria asked about his nephew's gift, Thaddeus gave a thoughtful nod.

"It, too, is a more sentimental gift." Thaddeus stated as he walked towards the desk on the other side of the room. "I'm afraid our relationship has become very...strained...since my brother's passing." There's was more then a hint of sobriety in his voice. "I'm hoping to help rebuild what we once had." In the midst of his talking, Thaddeus unlocked and pulled open the top drawer.

"This belonged to his father. It was left to me when he passed, but I feel it would be more appropriate for Braiden, as he has taken his father's place at the throne." As Thaddeus turned he held in his hands the late King's name engraved bible and jewel inlaid rosary. "It's not a very expensive gift, but it holds much emotional value." A part of Thaddeus didn't want to give it up, but it WAS Christmas: he could think of no better gift for his nephew.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Annalisa was rather enjoying the quiet of the Royal Garden when it was interrupted by a soft clearing of the throat. Annalisa turned to find a servant who bowed respectfully before handing her a letter. "Thank you." Her accent thick. She read the letter silently as the servant explained the reason for the interruption.

"What is your name?" Annalisa asked as she folded the letter up. When the servant only stared at her, Annalisa asked once more before he seemed to utter out "Kilian."

"Well, Kilian. You may start by showing me around. I would love to see the different..scenes that England has to offer." The woman followed the servant, taken in by the beauty of England. It wasn't home, but England had its own charm that drew Annalisa in.