PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:47 pm 

Sort of back.

Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)
Blog: View Blog (59)

Collab with Sojourn

London, England, 2016

“It’s so good to have you home, baby”, a middle-aged woman murmured quietly. Another voice sounded right after the woman’s. “It’s so good to be home”, a younger woman, probably in her mid twenties, replied, equally quietly.

The setting was a comfortable sitting room, and there were only two women inside. The older woman was sitting, and the younger one was laying on the couch, her head resting on the older woman’s lap. Looking more closely at the two women, it was clear that they were related. Thinking a little further, it was easy to come to the conclusion that they were mother and daughter.

“When are you going back to work?”, the older woman asked. The younger woman shrugged softly. “Not sure, mum. Whenever we are needed”, she replied, her voice very quiet. Josephine - that was the name of the young woman - turned her head to look at her mother. “I wish you wouldn’t worry so much, mum”, the woman murmured softly. After these words, Josephine sat down.

She was about to start speaking when her mother spoke before she could. “You know I don’t like this, Josie. It is so dangerous, dear”. Josephine opened her mouth once again, but didn’t speak right away. She knew that her mother was right. It was dangerous to channel, if you didn’t know which spirit you were channeling. And well… the last time hadn’t been a really good one. She knew how close she had come from something bad, and so did her mother.

“Last time was an exception, mother”, she finally spoke up. “It was a hostile spirit, and I was caught by surprise”, Josephine completed, in a defensive intonation. “It has happened once, it can happen again”, Mrs. Miller stated firmly. Josephine shook her head. “Mum… this is extremely rare. You know I am careful, you know I don’t just channel without preparation. And you know I never do this alone. But this is not something I can simply stop doing, mum. If I stop going to people’s homes and other places and helping them… the spirits would still seek me out. You know that”.

Mrs. Miller fell silent after her daughter’s words. She did know it. Living in the same house as Josephine - at least when her daughter wasn’t out of London doing her thing -, Mrs. Miller had seen enough to know that the spirits would never leave Josie alone. It had started after the accident, and it had never stopped since.

A long moment of silence followed Josephine’s statement, broken by a soft beep from her phone. The two women looked at each other. They both knew what that probably meant. “Sorry, mum, have to get that”, Josephine murmured, before heading back to the couch and sitting down.

As Katie Brooks waited for Josephine to answer the phone, she told her son.

"Sam, let the dog out, please!"

Their dog was whining to be let out. Katie was sitting with her laptop on her lap as she waited for Josephine to answer. Katie exchanged pleasantries with the other woman, before getting down to why she called.

As she had anticipated, it was a call about work. It should probably be a serious case, for her to be called in her downtime. As she heard what the case was, it was clear that it was indeed serious. It involved a family with children, and Josephine had a soft spot for the little ones.

It was an important case. Katie didn't like cases that involved kids. She was a mom, it always got to her when kids were scared of their own home. She never wanted Sam to be afraid. This had to be put to the top of list and be checked out as soon as possible.

After hearing about the situation, Josephine sighed and finally spoke up. “Thanks for calling me, Katie. I’ll get the first available flight back. Can you call everyone else, please, and leave everything lined up for us to get together before visiting the place?”, she required, wanting to get things moving as quickly as possible.

"You're welcome, Josephine and yes. I'll get both things taken care of."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:13 pm 

Medals: 6
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (1)
1st Year (1) Supporter (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

New Hope, Pennsylvania, 2016

Katie Brooks told Josephine bye and got on the phone right away to call the rest of their group. She didn't want to give a ton of details over the phone. It was better to do that in person, she always thought. Instead, Katie told them all enough about the new case to understand how serious the situation was. This case had to be a top priority. Any case involving kids had to be a top priority in her mind.

Katie was about to call the homeowner when her husband, Dylan, came in.

"Hey, babe, I was thinking tonight we could-"

Dylan had just gotten off work and was going to make a suggestion about dinner when he saw her face. She looked pretty stressed and Dylan knew his wife well enough to know it wasn't to do with her day job.

"You got a new case?"

He asked and Katie nodded her head. Sam was still outside with the dog. Now, he was just playing with her. Katie preferred it that way when she had to make phone calls like this. She didn't want Sam to be scared overhearing things.

"Yeah, it's bad. It involves kids."

She replied and he sat down next to her on the couch.

"When are you planning to leave?"

"As soon as possible."

Katie replied to him. As soon as everyone could all get in the same city. She hated leaving like this, especially when she had just got back home from the last one. Good thing the museum she worked at was run by her parents. She'd have long lost her job if it wasn't.

"I'm sorry, Dylan, I know I just back and we had plans this weekend but..."

Dylan took a hold of her hand and said.

"Well, I won't lie and say I'm not disappointed. But I understand. No kid should be afraid of their home."

Katie gave him a kiss. Her husband was understanding, especially when she had to drop everything because of cases like this. He was right, children shouldn't be afraid of their homes. She then called the homeowner to make arrangements for the group to meet with the family and investigate the house.

ImageImage

Last edited by Sojourn on Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:32 pm 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

New Orleans, Louisiana, 2016

Jean was ready to collapse when he stepped through the door of his shared apartment. He could hear his fiancee in the living area speaking quietly to a client. Not wanting to disturb them he turned his attention to the bedroom where his assorted objects and bits of clothing lay scattered, never really making it back to where they belonged between cases.

The bed springs creaked beneath him, betraying their age as Jean fell back upon it and rubbed his face with both hands. Letting them fall over his head he reflected on the last case, on how difficult it had been and what they could have done differently. It wasn't until sometime later when Anabelle gently shook him awake.
"Long day?" She sat beside him as he sat up.
"You could say that." The two had grown to be able to read one another so hiding anything was tricky at best.
"You are exhausted, was it really that bad?" She was warm against his side, her assortment of charms and necklaces cutting into his arm slightly. Jean wrapped his arm around her, kissing the top of her head.
"I would rather not speak of it, not yet that is." The two remained silent, simply content to be in each others presence until Anabelle spoke up.
"A call came in."
"Hmm?" Jean inquired, absently running his fingers through her hair.
"A new case. I wasn't given many details except that it's very serious and that children are involved." She knew her fiancee held a soft spot for kids.
"I suppose I will be leaving soon then?" Anabelle merely nodded, not meeting Jean's eyes. He knelt on the floor before her and lifted her chin forcing her gaze to his.
"You know I must go."
"I know." Was the whispered response. Jean kissed her and stood, forgetting how worn he had been before in favor of repacking the little he had taken out of his bags.

As he stood with his back to the room he felt arms around his waist.
"Take this." A small carved disk was pressed into his hand, the symbol of protection burned into the surface. He tucked the charm into his breast pocket and held Anabelle's hands before him, muttering a quick prayer to the spirits for guidance.

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:42 pm 

Sort of back.

London, England, 2016 - Austin, Texas, 2016

Josephine really wasn’t too happy to go back to the US before she was fully recovered, both physically and emotionally. On the other hand, she knew that she couldn’t afford the luxury of resting when she was needed. Had anyone else been able to take her place, Josephine might have felt differently, but as it was, she was the only one who could communicate with the spirits and sense their intentions. All she hoped was that she didn’t happen to channel any hostile spirit this time around. It never ended well for her.

For now, though, Josephine had more important matters to worry about - namely, getting to the house where the problems were happening and checking it out to see what exactly was going on in it.

After checking out where exactly the house they needed to check out was - a small town named Rockport, in Texas -, Josephine made sure to arrange for a plane ticket and a rental car. She would have to find a place to stay once they reached the town, if one of her colleagues hadn’t managed to secure a place for them already. And hopefully, the family would have already cleared off the house so she could work without interference.

For now, though, she needed to get there, see the house, and see what kind of a presence was actually in there. From the little information she had, Josephine was worried. It seemed like this presence fed off of fear, or at least craved to cause it. And that was never a good sign. In her experience, Josephine had known these presences to be either ghosts that had been trapped in the houses through some attachment or - and she really hoped this was not the case - demonic presences.

Well, she would have plenty of time to think about everything during the over ten hour flight from London to Austin, so Josephine focused on the practical matters - packing lightly for the trip and carrying the essentials - her blessed crucifix for protection, an empty notebook to write down whatever she learned and a small camera in case she needed to record something - and getting in a cab for the airport. She was so used to travelling on short notice that going through these motions was already second nature.

Once at the airport, Josephine booked the first flight to Texas - since she didn’t carry anything but carry on, it had been a quick process - before sending a text message to Katie, Jean and Byron, as to save the time she would spend in calling everyone. The message would read simply: ‘At the airport, booked up. Should be in Austin in about 11 hours. Rented a car from the airport there and going straight to the town. See you all there. Cheers, Josie’. Once she had sent the text, Josephine sighed and started doing some research in the town, as to know where they could find a place to stay, and the main places they would need - a library, the City Hall, police office and places of the sort, where they could find records. She also checked if they had a local hospital, as it could be a necessity, since they were apparently dealing with a hostile presence and someone could happen to get injured - more likely, either herself or Jean, as they would be the ones dealing more directly with the spirit or spirits.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:14 pm 

New Hope, Pennsylvania - Austin, Texas, 2016

Katie felt bad leaving her family so soon after coming home. She knew Dylan understood but she knew him well enough to know he was disappointed. Sam was disappointed too. She hated making her son disappointed. He was almost ten years old. He was growing up so fast, too fast. She gave Sam a hug and told him.

"I'm sorry I have to leave already."

Sam was old enough that she could tell him what happened sometimes on the investigations. She certainly didn't want to terrify him but she wanted him to understand why she left. Why she felt it was important to help people. Especially if it involved kids. Plus, it helped her son realize that spirits weren't something that the inexperienced should mess around with.

"I'll miss you, Mom. But I know you have to help those kids so they aren't scared of their house anymore."

"Your'e right, I do. No one, especially a kid, should be scared of their home. I'll miss you too, baby."

Dylan and Sam had driven her to the airport. She gave her husband and son a final hug and kiss, before boarding her plane. Promising to call when she arrived. Rockport, Texas was far too small of a town to fly directly too. Katie would have to rent a car in Austin and drive there. From her research it was a small town and she went ahead a reserved the whole team some rooms at a local but nice hotel. Katie did hope the family was not still living in the house. From what she was told...It wouldn't be a good idea to still be there.

Katie's own flight out of Philadelphia to Austin took less then four hours, non stop. She got Josie's message and replied.

'Heading to Rockport. Already booked us rooms at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites. They got free Wifi.'

The free Wifi had sold her on the hotel and it was reasonably priced. They could even have breakfast there.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:29 am 

New Orleans, Louisiana - Rockport, Texas, 2016

The flight from New Orleans to Austin only took an hour and twenty minutes, not bad for a last minute booking. Using the time during the flight to meditate, Jean thought over the few details he had been given. It was going to be dangerous, that much was obvious.

When the plane landed at the airport, he quickly arranged for a rental car for the nearly three and a half hour drive. The drive gave him time to clear his mind and get into the head space he would need -- namely driving away distracting thoughts and muttering the prayers he had known for years for protection for both himself and his team.

Stopping once along the way to check his phone and bring some feeling back into his legs he read the message Josie had sent and sent back his own.
'Nearly at Rockport, maybe an hour left to go.' Sighing, he leaned against the hood of the black Toyota Corolla and ran a hand through his hair and across his face, rubbing his eyes. Soon he climbed back in and drove the final stretch to the town.

Once in Rockport, Jean parked the car in the lot of a hotal and pulled up a map of the place on his phone and made a mental note of the important buildings and areas. He soon got out and decided to take a walk around to start getting to know the area, maybe meet some of the locals while he was at it. But first, he had to call Anabelle and let her know he had arrived safely.

"Jean! Are you okay?" The hasty reply met his ear as soon as she picked up.
Chuckling, he replied. "Yes, my dear. I have merely arrived in Rockport -- nothing more. I was simply checking in with you, letting you know I had arrived safely." He heard the soft sigh from the other end.
"Alright, but keep me informed. If you need anything let me know, okay?" Jean agreed and said goodbye, hanging up and sliding the phone back into his pocket. God he missed her but some things had to come first, that they both knew.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:37 am 

Sort of back.

Austin, Texas - Rockport, Texas - 2016

As soon as Josephine saw Katie’s message, already in Austin, she smiled. It seemed like they would have a nice place to stay. In such a small town, Josie wasn’t sure they would have a decent hotel. Having one always made things better. She knew that they would need a good place to rest at the end of the day. Especially being that their case sounded like a complicated one.

After checking Jean’s message, Josephine texted both colleagues. ‘I’m in the Austin airport. Renting a car, will meet you guys up at the hotel’, her text read. Once she sent the text, Josie took care of renting the car, and turned her phone off. She hated driving with it on, as she got easily distracted by it. And she wanted to use the drive to Rockport to focus on what she could see and prepare her spirit for the walk in the house.

The road between Austin and Rockport was shorter than Josephine had expected. She would have loved to have more time on the road, as driving relaxed her, but there wasn’t much she could do. Entering the town, she drove slowly to the hotel. It always helped her to take her time and get the feeling of the place. It felt… old. Not that it was a bad thing. But old places often had many stories, and many ghosts - real or metaphorical. Hopefully they would only meet one ghost and get rid of it easily. For now, though, Josephine wanted to get some rest and sleep some of the jet lag off. She needed to be with her senses sharp when they went to the house.

Once in the hotel, Josephine gave her name and took her keys, thanking the lady behind the counter. She went into her room and dropped on the bed, taking a deep breath. Already removing her shoes, Josephine texted her two colleagues. ‘In the hotel. Taking a two-hour nap to get rid of the jet lag. Will talk to you guys when I get up, so we can start working’. After making sure her text had been sent and setting her phone to wake her up in two hours, Josephine closed her eyes and fell asleep right away. They would have long hours or days ahead, and they should all try and get some rest if at all possible.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:39 pm 

Austin, Texas - Rockport, Texas - 2016

Katie didn't get Josephine's message until after she arrived at the hotel. She didn't believe in texting while driving. That was beyond dangerous and actually worse then drinking and driving. She parked the rental car in the parking lot and went to check in. Her flight wasn't too bad. Although she already missed her family. Sometimes it felt like she wasn't home long enough.

Dropping off her things in the room, Katie checked her phone for messages. Jean was on his way. And she got Josie's messages. She replied back. 'See you soon and rest up.' They would all need to be well rested for that house. Especially from what the homeowner said was going on.

Katie decided to go sight see a little. Not that Rockport had a lot going for it, being a smaller town. Still, in every place she went, she always brought a souvenir home. Someday Sam told her, he was going to come with her and see all these places. She wasn't sure if she'd like the idea or not. Not all ghosts were friendly and harmless. It could be very dangerous work. Especially for people more sensitive then she was to the paranormal.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:42 am 

Jean had ended up making his way back to the hotel after receiving the messages from the others. He had been uninterested in the small amount of the town he had seen, nothing had really jumped out at him and caught his eye, or even intrigued his mind enough to look further. Why did people choose to live in such places? He thought to himself as he entered the lobby and approached the front desk. Getting his keys to the room and checking in he thought about unpacking but decided against it in favor of sitting outside in the sun. It's not that he didn't want to unpack, it's just that he didn't want to get settled and be forced to 'uproot' again. Too many times before had he settled in one spot, on call or otherwise, just to have to pack up and move on.

Stretching his legs out in front of him and crossing his arms, Jean tilted his head pack and closed his eyes, letting the sun wash over him. The sounds from the town were quiet and easily tuned out, allowing for his thoughts to turn to lazy daydreams. It reminded him of home, a memory both bitter and sweet, but comforting in this time of the unknown. He soon ended up dozing off in this position, his head to one side and one hand brushing the ground beneath him.

When he woke his neck was sore but otherwise he felt good, checking his watch he nearly jumped out of the chair when he realized he had been out for nearly an hour and a half! Pulling himself from his seat he returned to his room to freshen up and change his shirt before heading to the lobby of the hotel to pass the remaining time before the team met. He browsed the shelf of brochures promoting various attractions around the area, including one for a haunted tour which made him chuckle. Turning on his heel, Jean stood before the window, gazing out at the lonely looking road, his hands behind his back.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:32 pm 

Sort of back.

Rockport, Texas - 2016

After a two-hour nap, Josephine woke up feeling refreshed. It was good to have gotten some dreamless sleep for a while. Lord only knew if they would be able to sleep without any nightmares tonight. Depending on what would happen in the house, they might not even be able to sleep at all, Josephine considered.

Trying to push these thoughts aside, as it would do her no good to dwell on them, Josephine got up and went into the bathroom for a shower. While she washed up, Josephine prepared herself mentally for the day ahead.

Once out of the shower, Josie sat on the bed for a brief moment of prayer and meditation, to prepare her soul. As soon as she was done, she got dressed in jeans and a button-up shirt and got her inseparable crucifix on before putting on her lace-up shoes and going downstairs.

Now with less tired eyes, Josephine took in the general area of the lobby as soon as she stepped on it. It looked like a pleasant place, and it seemed they would have a nice meeting place right there should they prefer not to be inside one of the rooms to talk. Or a good place to be if we end up scared of our own rooms, she thought to herself.

Her line of thought was cut when Josephine noticed a familiar figure. Seeing Jean always brought Josie a feeling of comfort similar of the one she used to feel as a child when she saw her father. It was something that made her feel safe. Probably the fact that he understood what it meant to have a closer contact with the spirits.

Jean and I are here, where are you?, she texted quickly to Katie, before walking up behind the man and tap his shoulder. It was her usual way of trying to get anyone’s attention whenever they weren’t looking, so Josephine hoped he would know it was her before even turning around.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:09 pm 

There wasn't much in Rockport. It was definitely a small town. But a nice one, Katie thought. Expect, of course, for the house they would have to visit. Katie truly hoped that they would be able to help the family that lived there. Children being afraid of their house wasn't right. No child should be afraid to go to sleep at night.

While Josephine and Jean ended up napping, Katie went sight-seeing for little while. There wasn't much to do here, but Katie was a small town kind of girl at heart. She grabbed a snow globe for Sam. He had a collection of different snow globes from her travels. She hoped someday that he'd want to travel too. Life was too short to not see other parts of your own country or the world.

Katie would have kept exploring the city, if she hadn't gotten the text from Josie. She texted back.

Just exploring the town. I'll be there in about 20 minutes, give or take.

She was true to her world and found Josephine and Jean waiting for her in the lobby.

"Hey, guys. I trust you both rested up from your flights?"

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:46 pm 

Rockport, Texas - 2016

Jean had more or less entered into a trance, the lack of external stimuli, as well as the stress to come playing a major role in his lack of attention. His mind absently wandered from one thought to the next, some completely out of the blue. A few words whispered through his lips resembled a prayer of sorts but upon closer inspection it would appear as though Jean were speaking to someone.

Swaying a little on his feet with his eyes half closed Jean's left hand rose to about shoulder height, cupping the air but otherwise remaining in place. He wasn't expecting anyone to approach him, as more often then not in small places like this people feared the unknown so it was a bit of a surprise when he felt the presence of a person standing behind him. He was brought back with the feeling of a finger tapping on his shoulder. Turning with a slight frown, a smile soon broke across his face to replace it at the sight of his good friend and colleague.
"Ah, Josephine! How nice to see you again." He wrapped his arms around the woman, giving a brief hug before stepping back. "I assume you are feeling refreshed after your nap?" He had lost sense of time and hadn't realized that the team would be coming to meet sooner rather than later. Not long after, the third member of the team joined them.
"Katie, how are you?" Jean gave her a brief hug as well before standing back to look at the two female members of his team.

"Come, let us sit." Lightly placing a hand, one on each of Josie's and Katie's shoulders, he led them to a couple of chairs situated off to one side, likely for people waiting for transportation or a fellow guest.
"Have you prepared for this? Do you feel we are ready?" Emphasizing the we, Jean made sure to stress that he was concerned for the team, not just physically but spiritually as well. A shadow passed over the man's face, making him appear much older than he was, but disappeared within seconds. Shaking himself mentally, Jean cleared his throat.
"Never mind, only time will truly tell. In the meantime, shall we discuss the details or wait until we have more fully settled?" His gaze wandered between the two.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:16 pm 

Sort of back.

Rockport, Texas - 2016

Josephine took a look at the text she had gotten from Katie and texted back with a quick okay, see you soon before focusing back on the current moment. A mix of excitement and fear was in her heart, as she wondered what they would find once they reached the house. Something told Josie they would need all of their faith and strength for the upcoming days. Hoping that she was wrong this time, Josephine tried to be optimistic. She would soon be with her colleagues and friends, and it wouldn’t do to look too scared or pessimistic. They had to keep their spirits up.

Seeing Jean’s smile when he turned around to face her made Josephine relax a little. She hugged him back, briefly, and nodded at Jean’s question. “I am, thank you”, she replied kindly. “It’s really good to see you again too”, Josie completed sincerely.

As Katie joined then, Josie took a moment to give the other woman a hug as well. “I’ve missed you”, she commented as a greeting. “How’s the family?”, Josephine completed, while allowing Jean to lead them to a place where they could sit and talk.

Once they were down, Josephine was happy Jean started speaking first. She needed time to collect her thoughts. Noticing that Jean didn’t seem too enthusiastic about the job, Josephine felt her concern grow a little. “I believe we have no choice but to be ready”, she stated quietly. Josie had a slight frown she only wore when concerned, but she didn’t bring her concerns up for now. “I think we can start discussing whatever information we have. I feel we should get this started as soon as possible. I plan on going there tonight. I really want to check this place out. You’re coming too, right?”, she asked Jean, before turning her attention to Katie. “How do you like the town?”, Josie asked, really interested in her friend’s impressions of the place. Since Katie didn’t have any gifts related to spirits, she was a valuable ally, bringing in the outside look. And, naturally, wasn’t as affected as Josie was, which could come in handy every now and then.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:27 pm 

Rockport, Texas - 2016

Katie was sure her son would be pleased to have a new snow globe for his collection. At least bringing him one from every place she had went made it a little easier for him to see her go. He had a new prize to look forward too. Katie kept her promise and didn't make Josephine or Jean wait too long for her to get back to the hotel.

"I'm good, Jean. How are you?"

Katie asked Jean and returned his brief hug. She then turned to Josephine and returned her hug as well.

"I missed you too. Dylan and Sam are doing good."

Although she missed them and they missed her leaving so soon too. It did make her sad but then she remembered why she had came here. To help a family not be afraid of their home. Katie let Jean led her to a chair and sat down. She had her laptop with her in a bag and pulled it out.

Katie frowned slightly at Jean's question. She never truly felt ready for an investigation. Of the team, she was the least open to spirits but she still saw some weird things happen. Things she could not explain. And she never truly felt ready.

"I think Josie's right. This family needs our help."

Katie said and logged onto her computer and pulled up information she had found about the house and a picture of it as well. When Josephine asked her about her feelings on the town, Katie replied.

"It's a nice town, it reminds me of home. I'm sure the kids around here might find it boring but...I could see a family thinking this is a safe place to live."

Although for one family, their own house wasn't proving to be safe.

"The homeowner is ready whenever we are to go there."

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:18 pm 

Jean could feel that the team was tense, it hung in the air around them, heavily like a fog. Jean, momentarily unfocused due to this feeling, centered in on Josie when she addressed him.
"Yes, I would like to get a reading for the place. See what it is we are dealing with." Deep down Jean was excited, sure he was nervous, tired, and not to mention a little frightened, but those were all part of the job -- something he knew when he took on the position. He also felt that the sooner they actually saw the house in person the better. It was always hard hearing about what was going on, from small scale haunts, to full on possessions, but it was always another story when they were up close and personal with whatever was going on, for better or worse. The excitement mostly boiled down to a new opportunity to chase the evil from this world, as well as to test his skills once more.

He felt ready at first glance, but looking deeper into himself was that true? Sure he hadn't had as much time to recover as he would have liked, heck, he hadn't felt completely back together in months! The mere thought of how much this might drain not just him, but the whole team was something Jean would have to watch and be aware of as the religious practitioner of the team. He didn't like seeing others in dangerous, especially spiritual danger. A doctor could fix physical wounds, a therapist could attempt to fix a mental wound, but a spiritual wound? That was a little trickier. Sometimes he felt like the whole team held each other up, leaning on one another more than any of them cared to admit.

As the ladies spoke Jean stirred from his thoughts.
"Do we want to go when we are done here than?" He asked, wanting both to go as soon as they could, but also wanting to postpone for as long as possible. He had with him his backpack in case they chose to leave right away, various amulets, herbs, powders, and candles made up the main contents, his own amulet though was safely tucked away in his pocket.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:43 pm 

Sort of back.

Josephine looked at the picture of the house with her usual curiosity. Simply looking at it didn’t seem to be anything other than a regular house. Of course, it wasn’t. If the family said there was something in the house, Josephine believed them. What was left to figure out was what exactly was going on. She knew hauntings were not that simple. Sometimes it was just place memory, like a movie going on. And sometimes, there were indeed conscious entities that stayed behind for some reason. From the family’s reports, Josephine suspected there was something conscious. What exactly it was, they would only know when they entered the house. It could be human or demonic, and Josie really hoped the latter wasn’t the case.

Jean’s question made Josie look at him. She was a little concerned about her friend. She also knew that she wasn’t completely recovered from the last time. The last haunting had been extremely draining for her, and she had felt mentally exhausted once they were done. This one was still anybody’s guess, but Josie knew she could always expect trouble.

“I would like to see the place as soon as possible”, she decided. Nights were usually better for picking something up, but seeing the house during the day wouldn’t be bad either. “Do we have a key?”, she asked, turning her attention to Katie. “I would really like to at least take a walk all over, and see if I can pick something up, if there is any actual activity, any better or worse rooms, you know. And see if there is something I can pick up for you to research, too”, Josephine explained.

It would be nice, she thought to herself, if they could pick something up on the house before night fall. Katie was always helpful with finding out information on the hauntings, to corroborate their findings, and the sooner they could start, the sooner - hopefully - they could clear the house of whatever presence.

Taking a deep breath, Josephine got on her feet and looked at her friends. “Should we?”, she invited, not wanting to lose her courage.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:03 pm 

Katie was tense, any case that involved kids made her that way. She was a mom and the idea of her son being terrified of his own home, terrified her. She'd never want Sam to live in fear and her heart went out this family. No one child should be scared of their home. She truly hoped they could help them.

Katie nodded her head when Jean said he'd want to see the place. She could research it all she wanted, but he and Josie, could get more out of just visiting the home then she ever would. A part of her was always a skeptic. While Katie believed in spirits, she did not believe everything was haunted. She tried to find ways to debunk things. Old houses made noises while they were settling, sometimes your eyes played tricks with you. Although she never doubted the things Jean and Josie told her. She couldn't see or feel what they felt, but she did believe in their gifts.

Katie nodded her head about seeing the house. The sooner they got in, the better. The homeowner wanted to find out what was going on soon as possible. Although Katie wasn't going to push either one of friends if they weren't ready.

"The homeowner said to call when we'd like to go and she'll give us a copy of her key. Her kids are going to stay with family while we investigate. I think she'd feel better meeting everyone before she lets us have free reign of her home. Not just because we'd be strangers in her home, but also because she's worried she's going crazy."

Katie had been chatting with the homeowner since they accepted the case. The poor women. Not only were her children afraid but she also thought she was going crazy. She had told Katie that she had never believed in spirits before and now something was making her kids too scared to sleep at night. Making her feel unsafe in her home as well.

"I think the sooner we go, the sooner we can ease her mind and help her out. If you two are ready, I'll call her and have her meet us at her house."

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:06 pm 

Following Josie's lead, Jean stood as well, slinging his bag back over his shoulder. He listened to what Katie had to say about the homeowner wanting to meet them first. It was understandable, no one wanted to think that they were going crazy, especially when it came to spirits -- that could just be dangerous. As well as them being strangers who claimed they could help with this problem, most people saw them as crazy, nevermind the people they worked for.

Jean nodded.
"Ready as I will ever be." He smiled despite how he felt, this is what he worked for after all. He had to be confident for both himself and the team, he had to know what he was doing, even when he didn't. "Will we all drive, or take one car?" He didn't mind driving if the others didn't want to, but if the others felt more comfortable driving themselves he wasn't going to intrude. Everything he thought he would need was on him already, sure he had extra stuff but until he figured out what they were dealing with he couldn't be sure what exactly they would need. Quietly he muttered a few words of protection for the team before they set off, for all he knew it would be too late to do so when they actually got there depending on what they were facing. His fingers ran over the smooth wood of his amulet in his pocket, feeling the ridges and inscriptions of the well known figures.

He was ready to help this woman who seemed in desperate need for there help. The poor woman was scared of her home, her family was likely terrified, and the whole thing was new to all of them. Going from a skeptic to maybe believing in the paranormal was never easy for anyone, even long time believers. Heck, Jean had times when he just wished he didn't know some of the things he did and that he could just go back to believing what he could see in the land of the living. But other times he was grateful, it meant he could help people struggling with this sort of thing.

Jean was starting to feel antsy the longer they waited, it wasn't a foreign feeling but never comfortable when it happened. He shifted his weight on his feet, drumming the fingers of one hand on his leg lightly.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:26 pm 

Sort of back.

Josephine listened to what Katie had to say. It made sense that the homeowner would want to talk to them. They were, after all, strangers. And she could understand better than most people how it felt to think you were going crazy. She had been there as a child, and could imagine how scared those little kids were.

“Poor lady”, Josie murmured softly. “I would say that it would be better if there was something wrong with her, but I don’t think there is”, she completed, her voice equally soft. Hauntings always made Josephine feel scared and somewhat sad. Being able to hear them made Josie know that those souls were sad, hurt and confused.

“I’m as ready as I’ll ever be”, Josephine said seriously. She never enjoyed cases that were bad enough for the family to have to leave the house. But there was work to be done, and she had to make herself open and available for these spirits, and handle them as well as possible.

Jean’s question made Josie think for a moment. She wasn’t sure she would be fit to drive after her walk on the house, so she decided it would be for the best that she didn’t take her car. “I would like to drive with either one of you - I would like you to take your car too, Katie, in case we find something that would be worth researching”, she decided. “We don’t know what we’ll find there, after all”, Josie explained.

Since they all seemed ready to go, Josie elected to drive along with Katie. She didn’t really want to discuss the supernatural while they made their way to the house. So, she would be quiet, not really talking much, until they reached the house.

Stepping out of the car as soon as it stopped, Josephine took a long look at the house. It looked old, but she couldn’t really tell anything for now. She would have to enter the house before saying anything. But first, they had to talk to the homeowner and put her fears at ease. With a kind smile, Josie approached the woman as soon as she saw her. “Hello!”, the young woman greeted cheerfully. “I’m Josephine Miller, but you can call me Josie. I would like to take a look inside, but before, I would like to know if there are any questions I can help you with”, she offered, knowing that the woman should probably have all kinds of questions to ask.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:28 pm 

"I know...It'd be easier."

Katie said to Josephine. Sadly she did agree with Josie that it would almost be better that it was something mental. Although Katie didn't think the woman was losing her mind. She sounded pretty coherent and intelligent when they talked on the phone. And terrified to be in her own home. That just wasn't right at all. Hopefully they could help this family out. Katie was glad her teammates were ready to go. She felt the sooner they went, the better. It would help ease the homeowner's mind and they could start to get to the bottom of what was going on.

"Two cars it is then."

Katie replied when the driving arrangement was figured out. She put the woman's address into the car's GPS and told Jean to follow her. She was sure there would things worth researching. She had made sure to find the town hall and the library on her little sight seeing tour.

It didn't take too long it seemed to get to the house. She didn't mind the quietness of the drive. Whenever heading to an investigation, Katie wasn't up for talking about the supernatural and it seemed wrong to talk about other things, like everyday life and family. Not when people had called them for help.

Katie looked at the house as she parked and frowned. While she wasn't sensitive to the paranormal, sometimes she'd still get the feeling that something was watching her from a place. This place definitely did that. The house was old and a little creepy. She grabbed her bag and her notebook. She wanted to talk notes of anything Josie or Jean felt or said that might require further research. Like a name that came to them. Or if the homeowner thought of something that actually turned out to be important.

Katie gave the homeowner a smile. She walked over and shook her hand.

"I"m Katie Brooks, it's nice to finally meet you in person. This is Jean."

She said, introducing the other member of their team.

ImageImage