All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Welcome Back to the Team
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:33 am 

Blog: View Blog (2)

Welcome Back to the Team
( A one on one between me and Rain )

It was a late autumn day in Quantico, Virgina.

The leaves were in their final stages of turning color. Jennifer Jareau was already wide awake by 7:00 am. The blond was making her coffee and reading the paper as she she sat at her table. JJ was the liaison for the BAU and she often tried to show up to work early to get things ready for the team. JJ got up and checked her coffee, it was almost done so she went to finish getting dressed. Jennifer had put on a blue blazer and pencil skirt. Under her blazer, she had on a white turtle neck blouse and a sapphire necklace her mother had given her a few years ago for her joining the BAU.

It was a wonderful gift since JJ loved the stone since it matched her eyes.

Once she was done getting dressed, she headed back out to her kitchen and poured herself some coffee and checked the time. It was now 7:12 am. She knew she had to leave for work in about five minutes or so. JJ headed back to her room and got her things and took them out to her car. She drove a silver simple Camry. Getting back inside, she turned off the lights, turned on her alarm system and headed out into the cool air. JJ locked up her house and walked to her car and got into the driver's seat. She put on her seatbelt and turned on the radio.

A light jazz played in the background and she smiled. It was a nice Monday morning so far. Halloween had just passed, which was her friend Spencer's favorite holiday. His quirks had always amused her. JJ started for work now, it wouldn't be too long, it usually took the woman 15 minutes with little to no traffic. And soon she could be seen pulling into the underground parking lot of the BAU FBI HQ. Jennifer parked and got out. She glanced around and saw Hotch getting out of his own car. "Morning Hotch." JJ smiled to him as they both headed over to the elevator.

"Good morning JJ." He said as he pressed the up button for them. "Strauss has given us an urgent case to take care of today, so we'll be taking it before anything else." Hotch told her as the elevator doors opened and the pair stepped inside and pressed the three button and were taken up to their floor. "Also, David Rossi is coming in today, I assume you and the team already knew he was replacing Gideon." He spoke as they headed out of the elevator. Hotch was a very curt person. He rarely smiled and he was the leader of the team. And even though he was strict, he did have a heart and that showed through in how passionate about work he was.

"I know sir." JJ smiled as she headed through the pen up to her own office which was by Gideon's empty one which she assumed Rossi would take.

"When everyone gets here, we can start." He said and went to his own office to wait for his old friend. JJ nodded and sat at her seat and went to replying to e mails. Outside of her window she could see Elle and Derek arriving around 7:45 am. JJ smiled and shrugged and went back to her work. Soon Reid wandered in and all who was left was Rossi. JJ got up and went into the pen and chatted with Spencer about Rossi. Spencer of course was very eager to work with such a man, as was everyone else. JJ was too of course, she never told anyone but she had a brief encounter with Rossi when she was in college.

He was the one who inspired her to apply to the FBI.

Even though Reid was excited, she could tell her friend was still rattled by the sudden retirement of his mentor, Gideon. But in their line of work, they had to move on. JJ glanced to Hotch's office and saw him on the phone with someone. She was also curious about the case that required their utmost attention. Either way, the team would get to see Rossi in action and that was an honor.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:22 am 
I Helped

Blog: View Blog (0)

Blackness. That's all he saw when his eyes opened and began to peer through his sleepy haze. The room was hot too and there was a warm, sweaty body laying alongside his. The sickly sweet smells of a long night hung thick in the black as well. "Time.." He grumbled before sliding out from beneath the sheet and out of the woman's arms. Checking his wrist watch after scooting it up off the night stand, he muttered a profanity before opening the heavy curtains.

Stirring when the sun shone in through the window, the woman shields her eyes from the sun with a hand while proping herself up with an elbow. Her hair was long and the same color as the light the flooded the room. Her smooth and round features shone in the light along with her bright green eyes. "David... Where are you going." Piling his pants on, he just gave the woman a blank look while picking up his shirt off the floor. His response before grabbing the rest of his work related belongings was short and without pause. "Work." Closing the apartment door behind himself, he didn't see the obvious look of annoyance on her face.

Pulling his windbreaker on over his shoulders which was navy blue and had only three simple letters to adorn it, FBI. Clipping the handgun he always carried with him behind it before leaving the stairwell, David Rossi, a criminal profiler for the BAU, stood outside in the cold autumn wind. "Where's my car..." Muttering things that would have a drunken sailor gaping in astonishment, he finnaly locates and enters his issued Bureau vehicle.

Starting the engine and pulling out into the busy street before he'd even gotten his seat belt on, David looks to the clock the radio. It read 7:26 am. The briefing would begin soon and he knew he'd be overdue by the time he stepped through the door. Making it to his destination, David pulls into the offices and hastily dismounts and enters the building. Flashing his I.D. while trying to remember where he was supposed to be, David flies through the door and into the Brief room. "Sorry I'm late, I had a long night..." Sitting after his half-truth of an announcement, David settles in for their assignment.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:52 am 

JJ and the rest of the team were now in the conference room when Rossi came in. Derek glanced to Hotch and just smirked a little at Rossi's statement. Of course Derek could relate to Rossi's implication. "Glad you're here." Hotch just said. It seemed Reid was the only one who didn't seem to get what Rossi had meant. "Anyway, there is a case in New York City we'll be taking on. I've been asked by the NYPD personally, that's why it didn't go through JJ's desk first." He explained. "And we can run introductions on the plane Dave." Hotch added to his old friend. "Anyway, it seems there are two unsubs who are targeting wealthy married couples who are new to the area." Hotch said as he passed out some files for everyone to go over.

"So far the two unsubs have killed five couples." Hotch continued. "They fit the profile of a typical blond, probably considered a trophy wife, and a male. All couples have been married for at least a year, but have recently moved into one of the more higher up neighborhoods of the city." He said.

"How do we know we have two unsubs?" Derek asked as he looked over the file, of course with Reid's speed reading, the nerd was already done with the file.

"There are two different signatures." Hotch said. "And with two killers, there's usually a dominant and submissive." He said. "Anyway since the murders are happening every week, we have been asked to take some extreme measures." Hotch said slowly and his dark eyes flickered to JJ for a moment. JJ didn't seem to notice, or if she did, she brushed it off. "Chief Strauss has asked our team to pose as a couple and go undercover and pose as potential victims for the unsubs, while the rest stay on the look out and wait." Hotch said.

Reid's brain was quickly putting everything together as usual, "Wait so some....someone like JJ might have to..." He trailed off.

"Actually I do mean JJ." Hotch said and stood up. "Strauss also believes David should pose as her husband." He added. "As extra protection." He said.

Derek let out a snort, he was sure since Rossi had been married three times he should know a thing or two about being married. "So he gets to pretend to be married to JJ on his first case back?" He muttered. "Jeez, maybe I should leave and go become a best selling author and come back." He laughed a little and got up. And at the moment JJ was still a little be taken aback. Their boss's boss had asked them to do this? For her and David Rossi to pretend to be married so some killers could try and kill them?

"I...when do the unsubs strike?" JJ asked as the group headed for the elevator so they could make the short drive to the jet and head to New York City.

"At night, it's usually near the weekend but recently it's hard to say." Hotch replied. "Don't worry JJ." He said. "Dave will be with you and the rest of us will keep watch in shifts..." He said. "For now, you two need to decide on aliases and everything." They had to make it convincing after all.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:23 pm 
I Helped

Following the team into the elevator, David chooses to ignore his colleagues while going through the case file. "Do we have any possible identifications on either of our suspects?" Looking up at the team, their silence gave him the answer. Walking out into the parking lot, David unlocks his car. "Hotch, I'll give you a ride." Looking up with some confusion, Hotch begins to respond. "But I've got my..." Noticing Davidson want to talk with him privately, he nods once and pockets his keys.

Opening the door and seating himself next to David, Hotch looks at him expectantly. Waiting until they were under way to begin, David slows considerably before beginning. "I'm not sure about this Hotch, It's my first day back. I've been retired for a while and it's been even longer once I've done any kind of field work. I don't want to compromise the assignment and I sure as he'll don't want to get somebody hurt. Especially not Jeniffer." Taken aback by David's unexpected moment of doubt, Hotch take a few second to recover before giving a soft smile and placing a hand on David's shoulder.

"Rossi.. David, you of all people shouldn't be worrying about this. I mean, you've done this enough to write three books and catch countless killers. You don't need to worry about screwing things up and you sure as he'll don't need to worry about JJ. She'll take care of herself if things get bad and I have no doubts about your ability to handle any situation that goes bad."

Patting David's shoulder a few times, Hotch sits back in his seat and turns on the radio. "It'll all work out, I know that already." Pulling up to the gate, David shows his I.D. to the man at the gate and pulls up next to where the others parked. "Thanks Hotch.." Climbing out of the car, David and Hotch join the rest of the team. "Alright, we'll have to come up with our Aliases now. Anyone have suggestions?"

Seeing the contemplation on Spencer's face, David acknowledges the look. "Have an idea Dr. Reid?" He asks Spencer. The obvious surprise on the young mans face was priceless as he was directly acknowledged by David. "W-well I was thinking p-perhaps using Agent Jareau's last name..." Nodding in thought, David thinks on the idea. "I have no objections, what about you Agent Jareau?" David asks out of the blue.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:53 am 

As they all seated themselves on the plane, JJ looked to Spencer a little surprised but just nodded. "Sounds fine to me." JJ said to him. "Do you think it would be easier to just use our own names as well?" She asked aloud. Derek shrugged, still a little annoyed that he couldn't go undercover as someone getting close to JJ. Of course she was a hottie after all.

"I think that'll be fine." Hotch said and handed them each a wedding band. "Morgan and Reid will be at the station, I'll be patroling around the house every hour." He explained. "The unsubs probably keep watch on their victims for several days, planning when to attack so the two you will have to be as convincing as possible about this..." Hotch said as JJ slipped her ring on. This was just work but the girl couldn't help but become slightly flustered at the thought of working alongside David Rossi.

He was like an idol to her, and she did have a small crush on him and now she had to pretend to be his wife? JJ wondered if she picked up a four leaf clover on accident on her way to work or something. "We'll only be doing this for a couple of days until the unsubs strike right?"

"Correct." Hotchner replied as the plane took off. JJ glanced to Rossi and then looked down at her lap. Soon enough they landed in New York City Air Port and they all got into their usual rented cars that the BAU provided for them, black SUVs. "You two will head to your house and get settled, I will be texting JJ every so often to keep tabs." Hotch said and handed them their suit cases and then a set of keys to their house. "You two will probably want to pretend as if you had just come from vacation or something." He said and headed off with the others to go to the Police Department to set up.

Jennifer nodded and licked her lips. She then helped put their things in the car and they headed to their house located in a wealthy side of town. JJ of course wasn't used to lavish experinces but sure Rossi was. Once they arrived at what almost seemed like a mansion to her, they got out and headed inside. It was odd, JJ could already feel eyes on her so she supposed they had to get in 'married mode' so to speak. "It's so good to be home, honey..." JJ said as they walked inside and looked around.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:55 am 
I Helped

Picking up on JJ's change of pace, David smiles and wraps an arm around her waist. "Oh yes, it's nice to be home." With her close, David gives her a quick kiss on the cheek before taking her bag and wandering upstairs. Looking around him with interest, David couldn't help but have the unsettling feeling of someone watching. After a few minutes of exploration, David finally found the master bedroom and began to unpack his things. For the moment, he felt as though he had some privacy, so he removed the shotgun he had in his duffle back and slipped it underneath the bed until he could find a better place for it.

When he'd finished putting his belonging in their respective places within the room, David looked over to JJ's bag and decided it best to leave her things alone. Walking over to the large panoramic window that was beside the bed, David flung over the curtains to find a spacious and well maintained back yard. There was a considerably large sand garden and even a hedgerow maze that surrounded everything. Smiling to himself he began to wonder how long it would take him to find the center. He'd have to take JJ and see who would get there and back first.

Opening the door to the master bath, David found a room that looked almost as big as their bedroom. There was a spa bath with water jets and a walk in shower that shot water from the walls and ceiling. He couldn't help but be impressed with their accommodations. The Bureau must have paid a small fortune to use this place. Distracted by his stomachs sudden complaints for food, David finally heads back downstairs. Finding the kitchen and opening the fridge, David couldn't help but wonder where JJ had gotten to. Taking a soda, he decided to wait out back for her, she'd probably end up there sooner or later.

After waiting about fifteen minutes, David's ceriousity finally got the better of him and he entered the maze. Strolling leasurly through the high walls of the maze, David admired the quality of work that had gone into making and maintaining the hedges. Venturing into the sand garden without realizing it until he'd stepped off the slight ledge into the fine sand, David smiles and picked up the artists rake. After the first few strokes, he began to lose all sense of time and before he knew it, he'd completely changed the surface of the garden. Being the same size and shape as a basketball court, David was astonished at how quickly time had passed. It was time to find JJ.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:10 pm 

When they walked inside, JJ smiled to David and let him go upstairs. She headed to the kitchen first. She looked around, everything was spotless, the sleek polished countertops had some up to date applicances on them. She leaned against the counter and rubbed her eyes. It was only mid afternoon for them. JJ was a little hungry though. She just pushed those thoughts aside and wandered back into the large living room.

It had a big screen tv and a few tan leather couches and tables. JJ was more of a simple kind of girl but she supposed she had to act sophisticated. Jennifer then decided to check out the rest of the house. The woman found a study/library that plenty of books. JJ wandered over to one of the long floor-to-cieling shelves and pulled out an old leather bound book. Surely this was a place Reid would like to hide out. Smiling, she put it back and walked out and found a small bathroom and a room with a pool table and darts and a small wet bar.

She grinned.

She loved darts, back in her hometown they were played religously. JJ turned and headed back into the main part of the house and went upstairs. Rossi wasn't there. She put her things away and sat on the bed to think. Maybe she was still in a little shock. But that should be understandable. JJ ran a hand through her hair and got up and looked around. If she really was in shock, she needed to snap out of it soon.

Heading back down, she ventured outside and noted how vanish it was. JJ saw the maze and wandered into it. Somehow she still couldn't believe how people lived like this. Maybe it was just because the small town girl hadn't really had the chance to be spoiled. Or maybe it was just that she wasn't one to make a fuss over anything. Jennifer looked around, seeing some beautiful flowers around. She soon came across David and she stood back and watched him just finish up with the rake.

"I hear doing that is pretty relaxing..." JJ finally spoke up.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:17 pm 
I Helped

Startled enough to jump a bit and give an involuntary curse whirling around to face JJ. "For the love of..." After taking in a deep breath and blowing a heavy sigh of relief, David shakes his head and smiles. "You scared me there darling." Strolling over to JJ, David pulls her close to his side. Turning to kiss her cheek David stops before making contact. "Watcher, left side, across the street." Tugging her a bit closer before walking back inside, David inwardly curses not being able to catch a full glimpse of their watcher.

Now safely inside and out of direct sight, David let go of JJ and reached into her pocket. Ignoring her surprise and annoyance, David takes the phone Hotch had given her and starts texting him. One watcher, female, no description. Handing the phone back, David smiles at JJ and picks up the keys to their car. "Let's go out to dinner." The look of surprise on her face only made the idea more enticing. Taking the phone from her pocket again, David began to text Hotch again. Going out to dinner. Slipping the phone back into her pocket, taking her hand, and grabbing their coats; David hauls her out of the house.

Opening the door and helping her in with one hand, David closes it for her as well. By the time David had seated himself and turned on the car, JJ's cell began to ring. "Don't answer it." He instructed her with a smile. "We're a married couple doing out to a nice dinner together. Do you like Italian?" Pulling out of the driveway, David heads into town. "You know, it's been a while since I've had a nice quiet dinner. Who knows who we'll meet." With a little mischievous smile, he continues to drive. Once silence had fallen between them, David chose not to disrupt it quite yet. Once they had arrived at one of the more high profile restaurants in the area, David pulled into a parking spot and helped JJ out again. "Shall we?"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:51 am 

The sun had begun to set, creating an eclectic mood of mystery around them. This ambiance of liminality was lifted once David’s observation was whispered into her ear. It might have been foolish to have thought that there would be any moment of relaxation while working on the case. JJ walked inside with him and when he slipped his hand into her pocket and took out her phone so casually, she tossed him a look of annoyance and glanced off. In the background of her mind, she could hear a grandfather clock from somewhere starting to chime off. One…two…three…four…five…six. Six. It was six o’clock. Jennifer was about to ask David if he had seen anything else but she decided that now wasn’t an appropriate time for such conversation.

As she was whisked into the car, she buckled up, still able to shake the feeling of ease. Even though she was sure that she was being watched, she didn’t feel any threat yet. JJ wasn’t sure why, maybe the girth of the case hadn’t yet hit her. JJ looked to David and then just slipped her phone back into her pocket and clicked the buttons on the side of it to silence its erratic ringing. “Italian?” She repeated and tried not to grin at his comment. She wondered if there was a double meaning to what he had asked but after a second thought, JJ knew she was just being foolish. There was surely no secret meaning to what he had asked. It was a simple question which only required a simple answer. “I do.” Jennifer nodded to him and glanced out the window.

The sun had now vanished over the horizon, creating a blur of dark purple in the sky. JJ shrugged at his second comment and just continued to watch the cars and people they passed on their way into the inner heart of New York. Once they parked, JJ got out with David and they headed inside. Once inside, smells of cilantro and oregano filled her nose. Typical Italian smells. They had to wait a few minutes to be seated and as JJ was looking around, just taking in the environment, a couple came up to them. JJ turned to face them. “Hi.” JJ smiled. The couple seemed in their mid to late thirties. The male had dark curly brown hair that was slighting graying. He was dressed in a gray and navy blue argyle sweater and tan slacks. The woman had long curly brown hair and brown eyes. She was dressed in a hot pink, rather blinding similar to bubble gum, dress.

In the back of her mind JJ wondered if these were the unsubs who had killed couples. They looked rather foolish. Though that could easily be a front that was executed on purpose to throw suspicion off of themselves. Jennifer gave a quick look to David and took his hand slowly. “Hello there, it seems great minds think alike.” The woman in the dress commented. She could see the look of question on JJ’s face and continued. “We live across the street from you actually and we both ended up at the same restaurant. Imagine that.” She laughed.

“Yeah, that is something…” JJ said.

“My name is Pam and this is my husband Steven. We often go here.” Pam said to JJ.

“Oh how lovely…” JJ said and glanced to Dave. “Isn’t it?” JJ shrugged. It was pretty obvious they had already been picked as a target to be stalked and killed. Now the reality was settling back in. JJ turned when their name was called. “Excuse us.” JJ said softly and she and David walked to their table behind the hostess. Once the man parading as her husband had helped seat his lady, JJ looked at the menu and then glanced over to see Pam and Steven being seated close by, which meant that she and Rossi would have to watch what they say, in case something could be overheard. “Do you think we should get some wine?” JJ asked.

It was also vital that she didn’t give off too much of an IQ at the moment if she really had to be just some blond trophy wife. That annoyed her but she kept her anger at bay and looked to Rossi. They were being treated by work to go eat in New York City, she wouldn’t mind taking advantage of it and surely David wouldn’t either. Surely. “Perhaps we can even do some shopping after this, dear.” JJ suggested to him and reached over and placed her hand over his. “Remember the last time we went shopping together? I believe it was for a swimsuit.” JJ said after a moment of thought.