All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: The Blood Trials
View Likes PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:11 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Icarus took another, careful step away from the jester as the commotion began around him. He watched the strange lady as she began to howl in pain; it looked like something had happened to her arm. Thoroughly confused, Icarus tried to remind himself that the rules of the reality he was used to might not apply here; wherever 'here' was. He watched as she crawled to the fresh corpse and did... something to it. He shook his head slightly as he looked around at the others, wondering once more why he was chosen for such a role. He listened to the final words of the gods, noticing especially the general attitude toward the jester. After they left, vanished really, (another allegedly reality breaking phenomenon Icarus tried not to think too hard about) he watched as the knight looking fellow ran off, followed by the angry woman. "Well, I suppose I should... hey now!" he stopped as he felt someone poking around his body. It was the jester of course, he knew even before he'd turned. He took another step backwards, this time putting his hands out in front of him as he said sternly, "You can't just go about prodding a fellow without permission!" He said, a little more loudly than he meant. He sighed heavily and looked the strange creature over, "Look, I'm not cut out for this. If you're going to kill me, sooner is better than later, but I'll have you know that I might be of some use to us." He continued speaking, looking for any signs that the jester understood him. He had no doubt that the being was intelligent, probably craftier than himself, but he was determined not to be stabbed in the back if he could help it. "You want to know what I have?" He asked, beginning to calm down. "Some tools, a set of binoculars and my..." he felt beneath his trench coat suddenly and furrowed his brow, "My hammer." he finished, swearing to himself inwardly. How could they just... make it appear like that? He shook his head, trying to embrace the insanity rather than argue against it, "I can fix things and make things... I'm good with machines" he looked around, surveying the land outside of the tower, "If there's anything like that out here. I guess you could say I'm resourceful, if nothing else." He frowned at the masked face, "I don't... have magic, if that's what you people call it, but I've got perspective." He finished, feeling like his argument was less than convincing. "In any case, I'm walking in some other direction than those who have already tried to kill one another," he said, not without a little glumness in his voice. He shook his head as he took a step forward, "And to think I'll never finish that combustion engine..." he muttered.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
View Likes PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:40 pm 

Medals: 1
Longest RP (1)

As soon as the gods began to fade from her vision Anna took off in a run as she began her journey towards the west. Her feet, well trained by her missions on Mars, naturally carried her at a brisk pace. Soon the a river appeared, she first noticed it in the south but she soon noticed that it twisted northward and she was brought to a stop as she took a moment to collect herself and figure out her next course of action. By now, in her mind, a minute had already gone by and no Railgun had magically appeared in her hands.

Is this a game within a game?” She spoke softly.

“Tell me thirty seconds and I get my gun and lie to me?” She asked as she spread her arms out wide.

Well?” She asked as her eyes turned towards the skies above.

In an instant her arms buckled under the sudden appearance of weight, and she grunted as she kept herself from falling over forward as she adjusted to the familiar weight added to her arms. Her eyes slowly moved downwards and a small grin appeared over her face as the familiar sight of her weapon came into view.

Dramatic pause?” She asked as her eyes looked back to the skies above. Whatever the case was for her weapon not appearing sooner, she soon laid it to rest. Her right hand's thumb flipped a switch on the side of the grip, causing a bright light to emit down the spine of the weapon soon followed by a nearly silent, yet equally audible, hum that helped signal the weapons readiness. She quickly raised her left hand up, as her right hand strained holding the bulky weapon by itself, and grabbed her goggles and quickly pulled it back down over her eyes. The all too familiar HUD soon came into view, but the amount of data she was seeing was nothing in comparison to the sheer volume of data she would normally get. No map in the upper right corner letting her know the area, nor was there any indication of her tracker that would give her an indication of potential hostiles in the nearby area. Those were just two of many things missing, many things she would soon learn to survive without.

But as she began to get comfortable with her weapon, something felt off in the nearby area. She quickly turned around towards the way she had come, half expecting to catch a glimpse of that witch from earlier, yet she saw nothing. Anna quickly raised her Railgun up as she slowly began moving.

Whomever is out there, show yourself!” She demanded.

"We all change. When you think about it, we are all different people, all through our lives and that's okay, that's good! You've gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:36 pm 

Medals: 2
1st Year (1) Supporter (1)

Mal dropped the charade of hiding and came out of the shadows. "Oh honey don't fret its only I." She looked at the gun closer bouncing herself right next to the human. "Is this your gun child?!" The succubus' hands slowly rubbed its stock and barrel. "Mmm and you treat it so well too..." Putting her lips to the barrel she gave it a light kiss. "You must stroke it and unload it almost every night..." she moved her lips up the barrel to the butt as her hands grasped the female's hands. "I would have you know..." Her hands moved up the girl's arms as her eyes met her prey's. "Looking at this big bad gun some people might very well say..." she gave the girl's arms a twist making her drop her gun to her side. "Well, that you are overcompensating dearest." Her Victorian voice whispered into the girl's ear as she was pulled down.
"Now then lets put our little chickens in a row." She let go of the girl and walked around her. "You have a big bad gun with good accuracy." she pulled out a doll with the girl's hair tied in it. "And I have control of your body so to speak..." The lady squeezed and twisted the dolls arm. "For now lets make a truce. You become my weapon, and I won't make you into a pile of flesh and bones. And if your a really good girl I will give you this back." The Victorian woman said with a wicked smile plastered across her face.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:47 pm 

Medals: 6
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (1)

Gemma could see how tired Ghaleon was. Although she had feeling her unlikely ally's mind was stronger then his body. Maybe it was even stronger then her own. Well, probably not her dragon body, but this pathetic human one, it might be. Gemma would have given anything to be home right now. She just wanted to be her true self, in her treasure horde, with her mate by her side. Not in some game devised by bored gods.

They had gotten off on the wrong foot, a lot of her it being her fault. She was a dragon and she had a great deal of pride. Dragons weren't used to have to rely on others. Generally they were the strongest beings around. Even she was willing to admit there was a time she needed an ally. In a game where someone was trying to kill you, an ally made sense.

"I have heard the saying that 'you should not judge someone before you know them'."

Gemma replied to Ghaleon. It was a saying she had heard humans say from time to time. She watched him jump down from the tree. She wrapped her arms across her chest when the breeze arrived. Feeling like a ghost was touching her. She made a face when Ghaleon told her his belief for himself in the game.

"I don't like that sound of that. I have things to live for, back home. And no, it's not just my treasure."

She had her mate, Gemma wanted to be with Blaine. She'd do whatever it took to get home to him. While Ghaleon didn't think he'd survive this game, Gemma planned to. She wasn't going to die here. She held out her hand to shake on the new alliance.

"I can, if you can too."

Gemma had not been the only who had been prejudice in this new 'team'. Ghaleon had judged her as well. Working together made far more sense then trying to take all the other players on her own. Especially in this weak human form.

Gemma followed Ghaleon and agreed it was best to put distance between themselves and the others. Especially until they had supplies and she had a weapon. She didn't have a probably keeping up with his pace. Although walking was already tiresome and she wished she could fly right now. She frowned at what he said about Mal.

"The Demon and her pet will be dangerous."

Gemma said, referring to the Jester. Mal was a demon and the Jester...She didn't know what he was, but he was definitely unstable. Unstable beings were dangerous ones. They got off on harming others.

ImageImage

View Likes PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:37 am 

World building for RPs that always seem to die

Most Creative (1)

Jester took on a disappointing stance when Icarus moved away, taking on the look of a kicked puppy when accused of planning to kill the man. As the man pulled out his hammer with what seemed to be surprise and confusion, Jester began patting his breast, gaining a surprised and happy appearance of his own as he found his cards within a seemingly non-existent pocket. Looking back up at Icarus as he talked about his skill with machines Jester merely stared back blankly listening to him. His mind began to wonder, the engineers words being lost on him, thinking back to the words of the gods and thinking of how he was going to win this game and have the most fun possible with it. Jester was jarred from his musings when Icarus turned to walk in the opposite direction of the other groups. He quickly moved to follow in his own way moving from one side of Icarus and to the other getting bored with walking almost as soon as he started.

Shortly into the walk Jester thought of a possible way he could help and began rummaging in his not-pocket. Moving to walk backwards in front of Icarus he pulled out what appeared to be a map and moved to show it to the engineer. The excitement of the map ended rather quickly however with the realization that it was a topographical map of Utah and not a map of the arena. Slightly put off by his own mistake Jester tried again this time pulling out a historically accurate map of middle earth. He stopped in his tracks for a moment confusion running through his mind and began pulling map after map out of his Mary Poppins-esk pocket. Maps of worlds and countries he had never visited began to pile next to him before he finally gave up, crossing his arms and kicking the pile of maps causing the map of the Soviet Union to fly into his face near causing Jester to loose his balance and fall.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:05 pm 

Icarus glanced sideways at the Jester as he continued to walk, "All right, how are we supposed to find these supplies they were talking about? I suppose one direction is as good as..." he stopped as the Jester moved up beside him and pushed it toward his face, "What? You have a map?" He asked with a tinge of excitement in his voice, "Where did you..." Icarus stopped once more, frowning at the map. It didn't look like any place he'd ever seen or heard of. Somehow, The Jester pulled out another map... apparently that one was wrong too. Icarus faced the Jester, feeling a little dumbfounded as he watched the strange creature break the laws of physics as he continued to pull up map after map out of seemingly nowhere. It was both comical and fear inducing. As the Jester finally gave up, Icarus shook his head and picked up one of the maps, thinking for a moment that it was some kind of illusion, but the paper felt as real as any other, "I don't think..." he said slowly. "That this is a place that can be mapped. It feels more like a fish bowl or a snow globe; I think this is another dimension all together, but what do I know?" He looked up toward the direction he was walking and shook his head, "Everything I know to be true seems to be of no consequence here... I don't think I'm going to make it if I try to be too logical." He smiled slightly, "Perhaps I should be more like you, whatever your name is. Let's go find one those boxes we were told about, we might be able to find something useful, if we don't get killed first." He continued to walk onward, assuming the Jester would follow him, since it seemed that he was stuck with him.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:10 pm 

Fate has failed to remove you, I am here to Rectify that mistake.

Medals: 5
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Supporter (1)

Ghaleon continued his long strides, His Influence over the air around him still keeping any wind from moving his body, giving him an unnatural stride. Despite how haggard he was, He moved effortlessly, as if the weight of the world was lost to him. As the words from his companion filtered into his ears, He nodded lightly. "Force of habit, I'm afraid. In my line of work, It's rare that intentions are pure. Judgment has saved me more times than I can count, I hope you know it's not personal..." He said softly with a tilt of his head. He hadn't looked back to her since he started walking, his eyes fixed on the road ahead.

As the talking ceased, His mood remained, calm and quiet, eyes taking in every detail of the world, committing every fall of his foot to memory. This world seemed so foreign to him, a well traveled being. Nothing sat abruptly right with him, Even the very ground seemed to react differently to his feet. He couldn't place exactly what it was, but the feeling of being watched was all over the shattered trail he traversed. When it became clear that he wouldn't figure it out, even with time, He chose to ignore it, if that was even possible and turned his attention to the woman who followed him. While he had hoped to tackle this beast of a trial alone, he was glad to have some form of company.

"The demon may be the only being that truly bothers me, Though that armored one seems to be a well prepared survivor. The advancement of her armor alone is cause for concern..." He said softly to her, Rolling his shoulder in protest to hiding his wings from the eyes of onlookers. He wished he had trained himself better in illusions, but never really had the aptitude for it. Such is life.

After a little while longer, He turned his head toward the brunette and smiled. "So, Would be Dragon, I suspect the others have gotten their weapons, as I have, I must say, I am curious to know what you have hidden away. A proud Maiden dragon is bound to have retained some form of her Glory?" His tone was laced with mocking, but his light hearted smile hinted at a minor jest, Not meant to enrage but spark a conversation. His body remained loose and aware, but seemed almost gleeful now that some of the fatigue had slipped away. The unrestricted movement was doing it's job well by making his stride pleasant and unwavered.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 7:01 pm 

Oh, how Gemma wished she could fly right now. The gods had been smart to place in her in this weak, pathetic human body. If she had been in her true form, she would have already laid waste to the other competitors. Which would make for a boring game for that trio. Gemma nodded her head to Ghaleon.

"Yeah, I get it. Dragons are pretty judgmental as well."

Gemma told him with a smile. It was true, dragons could be very judgmental. They had large egos and looked down at beings they thought were beneath them. She wished she could fly right now. She would have taken to the sky and gotten a good take of the arena. She also felt watched. She was sure the gods were watching their every move somehow. Waiting for the first blood shed to take place.

"I have never seen armor like that before."

Gemma admitted to Ghaleon. She had thought the armored woman was just a human and had been quick to dismiss her as a threat. But perhaps her armor could give her an advantage in the game. Gemma did wonder what weapon would be waiting for her.

"I have no idea. Back home, my weapons are my claws and teeth. Well, those and fire, but..."

Gemma attempted to roar and create fire from her mouth, which sounded pretty weak coming from her body. Of course, no fire came out.

"Looks like fire is a no go."

She said with a small life. They approached a case that had her name on it. It had a heavy lock but Gemma was able to get into it off rather easily. Perhaps not all her superior strength was gone. She pulled out a sword. The blade was silver and the hilt was dark red. It look like dragon scales. She showed the sword to Ghaleon.

"Maybe we were put on the same team because we have the same weapon."

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 12:04 am 

Longest RP (1)

"For now lets make a truce. You become my weapon, and I won't make you into a pile of flesh and bones. And if your a really good girl I will give you this back."

You are a powerful creature no doubt.” Anna said, still in shock at how easy the witch disabled her. “And if you were the murder I reckon I would already be dead before I could make an attempt at your life.

Anna was truly surprised at the ease in which her body was controlled by the witch, though she was slowly learning she was out of her element in these supernatural battlegrounds. Her eyes quickly darted to the doll, and in turn the hair that was strapped across it. While she could not make out any features for sure, she presumed that it was indeed her hair that was strapped around it. She figured this was the source of the witches power over herself. She knew she would have to try and get that from her before long, as she did not fancy the thought of that creature having complete control over herself.

Who knows.” She paused as she let her gun fall to her side. “Even if you will end up killing me in the end, my gun is yours for now.

She finished, knowing full well that the ball was forever in the demons court.

"We all change. When you think about it, we are all different people, all through our lives and that's okay, that's good! You've gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be."

View Likes PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 8:06 pm 

Fate has failed to remove you, I am here to Rectify that mistake.

Medals: 5
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Supporter (1)

Ghaleon's Stride slowed as she spoke, him listening intently to her every word. A judgemental Dragon, was there any other kind? Present company excluded for the moment, He had never known a Dragon to be anything else, either accurate or not, They always judged. In fact in some circles, Dragons were the judgement in the worlds they governed. Powerful creatures, carrying out the duties of a god in the endless expanse. Some may have even been Gods themselves. Though Ghaleon disliked them, Credit and due respect to their legend was never far from his mind. This Dragon turned woman was no exception.

As she spoke of the Armor, He nodded along. "Nor have I. I have seen something close to it from my home, but no were near as alien as that. It seemed sturdy and well designed, And from what I could gather actually allows full movement. So force and speed may not be of much help." He said softly, Trying to think of other options, but without the right information, there was only so much speculation he could do and still be right. "I suppose hoping that the Demon will continue her rampage and rip her apart may be our best bet. I don't want to rely on that, But then again..." He trailed off in his words, going into his own head. What other option do I have...' his inner voice sounded in his head, him falling to silence as he hurried his steps toward the north again, as if leaving the thought behind him and distancing himself from the entire affair.

Ghaleon turned fully to watch the dragon lady ponder his questions, As well as attempt to feel out what she could do to protect herself, Him almost glad that she couldn't breathe fire, at least one less thing he would have to worry about should she be the main target of this Godly game. He relaxed only a little until he saw what she did next, A new blade and a pretty impressive burst of strength to acquire it, his grip tightening around the hilt of his own as she offered her theory. He nodded slightly. "Tis possible, but I can't help but draw my own theory of our pairing..." He said softly, Taking a few steps away from the now armed lady and leaned back against a tree, crossing his arms.

"Drawing from their Appearance, and noting the personalities of each, Veleda, Our mistress, Seems to want no part in this game, gives off a gentle presence, while not weak, I can't think that she actually wanted this to happen. Then there is the Red Metaled one, Abbadon. He's angry, Crass and Overly confident. He carries a lot of the same weight of a God who relies on the hatred and pain of others to fuel his game. And then there is the Grey..." He said softly, closing his eyes and shaking his head with some annoyance. "No matter how hard I tried to pin it down, it eludes me, and he may be the most dangerous of them all. When someone cannot be read or Predicted, There is little anyone can do to stop him. It's pretty obvious as to the pairing, given what we have seen."

He said softly, finally looking up to Gemma, Sorrow showing in his eyes. "The demon and the Armored human, Models of evil. You and I, Our races' legendary for The mark of Purity. And the Grey... Who ties Light and Dark together. We are simply brought together by what we can represent." He said softly as the gloom in his voice remained as he pushed himself from the tree and continued walking. "Or they took their people for shits and giggles and didn't really care who was caught in the crossfire. I suppose we won't know until this damnable game is resolved." He said softly with a shrug. "Anyway, let's hope we can find a Cache soon, As good as I am with a sword, I can never be too prepared for what's to come." He said with a slight chuckle, noting how complicated this was going to get, and soon.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:41 am 

World building for RPs that always seem to die

Most Creative (1)

Boredom, pure unadulterated boredom bore down on Jester's mind as he followed Icarus. They had not been walking through the strange world the gods left them in long and his focus was already waning. Jester couldn't take this boredom anymore and that meant not following and leading. He puffed up his chest before his form seem to swept up in a tornado of movement. As his form settled again he stood dressed in what appeared to be the dress of a tribal shaman. Pulling what appeared the be a wooden divining rod and hunching over he began walking again. Walking faster than he appeared, his attention on the rod, Jester pasted Icarus.

Jester's foot struck the water of the river before he even saw the grass turn to cleared dirt. The instant his foot came into contact with the water surprise jolted him out of his inattention. Jumping back almost a foot from the water Jester looked around the area to see where he had ended up. The river split a few meters ahead with a forest across from him and another within the land between the rivers. Jester stared for a moment at the divining rod in his hand in surprise for a moment before tossing it in the river. With another spin like earlier he stood in what appeared to be a sailor suit and pulled out a toy boat. He stood staring at the wooden toy as the wheels began to turn with his mind before coming to a decision.

In an instant he began running closing the distance between him and the river before jumping in. As he Jumped he place the toy boat beneath him, sitting on the small object the best he could. Jester landed with a crash against the water and for a single instant it seemed to work. This instant ended almost as soon as it started as the full weight of Jesters body bore down on the small toy. The toy with him on it seem to collapse into the shallow water with a splash. The dejected Jester sat in his damp sailor suit as the water flowed around him.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:36 pm 

Sure Gemma was judgmental, what dragon wasn't? Although she felt Ghaleon was just as judgmental. Or even more so then her. He had judged her just as quickly. Well, to get home, she'd have to work with him. Hopefully they'd get out of here alive. Gemma had a feeling that the woman with the alien armor would be dangerous, like Ghaleon said. She might be pretty hard to kill. She made a face at Ghaleon's assessment of it.

"Great, so not only will attacks not hurt her, but she'll be able to easily dodge stuff too."

She also didn't like the idea of counting on a Demon to do some damage to their opponents.

"I'd say the Demon was the murderer but...I think that would be far too obvious. Especially in a game hosted by gods."

Gemma told her companion. Mal seemed like an obvious choice, but she was sure the gods would not make it that easy. It was probably the person you'd least except.

"Although, she might still be a traitor."

Or Ghaleon was one of them. Was it a bad idea to work with him, especially when he already didn't like her kind? Maybe he was luring into a false sense of security to kill her. Going home, far away from all of this, sounded like the best option of all. Too bad that wouldn't happen. Not until the three gods got their entertainment.

"What theory is that?"

Gemma asked when he said he had his own theory about why Veleda paired them together. The dragon didn't like the goddess. She had been quite content back home. Veleda may not want to be a part of the game but she still forced them here. She wasn't all innocent.

"Veleda's not that gentle...She still kidnapped us for the game. Although, she's not as bad as the other two."

Gemma had to admit. Abbadon was easy to read. The other one, he was dangerous. Abaddon seemed to act on emotions, but Cassius did not. And that made him more dangerous. She thought about Ghaleon's theory and said.

"So, you think it's good vs evil vs the balance. Winner take all. That's just flipping great..."

Gemma grumbled. Yeah, she definitely wanted to go home.

"Although either option sounds like a loud of ****."

She added, she hoped the damn game would be over soon. Gemma agreed they needed to find the Cache and get supplies. Gemma had no plans of dying here.

ImageImage