All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:18 pm 

Apologies to my Partners. Life is a bit hectic.Thanks for being understanding.

Blog: View Blog (0)

You wake to find the light is pouring in through the window. It’s a little warm. Sitting up, you blink several times. You feel groggy and odd. It’s a sensation you can’t quite define. Your head hurts slightly, you know that much. Maybe you overslept? You take time now to look around you. The room is a small bedroom with wooden floors and paneling. The single-man bed you are laying in is under the window on the far wall, opposite the door. There is a table with a chair on the wall to the left. The wardrobe is on the right wall. It's now that you discover that you have no idea where you are. No, maybe you do. It's strange. It is a feeling almost like that of deja vu, but not quite. It further adds to the odd sensation. You get out of bed, taking note of what you are wearing which seems strange to have gone to bed in. This is getting stranger and stranger. You walk over to the door and open it. Stepping out into the wooden paneled hallway, you slowly follow it towards the sound of people and music.

Strange Lands & Stranger Company IC OOC
InuYasha: The Demon Army of the Daimyo IC OOC

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:28 pm 

Razmus Deepsunder sat at the bar, rather dismal. This whole mess was just far to complicated for him. He took a swig of his stout. He glanced at his mug. Could the headache be from a hangover? He scratched his head. It would explain the memory loss, too. Bah, it didn't feel like a hangover though. He frowned deeper and took another swig.

The inn was not very busy at the moment. The owner was behind the bar. He is a middle-aged, short human named Raff Halden. His hair was a medium brown with streaks of gray. His eyes are steel gray. He was starting to wrinkle and show his age. He looked as though he had lived a full life and would probably have a great story for anyone who asked for it. His wife, Flora, was in the kitchen behind the bar. She was busy preparing the breakfast meal for the patrons. Taking a quick break, she appeared in the small archway that separated the bar from the kitchen. She was about the same age as her husband. She had tawny hair with gray peppered throughout it. Her eyes are green as spring grass. She smiled at her husband as she passed him.

She smiled as she patted Razmus on the shoulder. “The wheat porridge and bread are done, dear. I know you’ve had a rough morning, but maybe some food will help.”

Razmus nodded and searched his pockets. He pulled out a handle of coins and held it out in his open hand. After a few seconds, Flora smiled a small smile and took the 3 coppers from him. She dropped it into her apron pocket and then moved on to tell the other patons that the meal was done.

There were only three other patrons awake and in the tavern. There are two male Halflings. One is rough in appearance, with red hair and sharp brown eyes. He wears robes of uncertain origin. The other has silver hair and sharp hazel eyes. He wears leather armor and wields a short sword. They face each other at the same table, barely even acknowledging Flora as she talks to them.

The other patron is a female human off at her own table. She is clearly a warrior. However, she is much more friendly when Flora talks to her. They have have a brief, friendly conversation. The woman hands Flora three copper pieces and walks of to the kitchen. She returns a few minutes later with two bowls of porridge and one tankard of stout. Flora smiles as she sets the porridge in front of Razmus. Razmus smiles briefly and starts eating.

After handing the warrior her food and drink, Flora sits down at the bar. She doesn’t even have time to strike up a conversation before the floorboards in the hall creak under the weight of an approaching patron. Flora smiles widely and rushes towards the sound.

“Morning, sweetie.”

Last edited by Teal88 on Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:18 pm 

Medals: 6
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (1)
1st Year (1) Supporter (1)

Raine Protos had no idea where she was. She remembered her parents, the lord and lady of Reinbolt, telling her to have a safe journey. She was heading to the land of the dwarves on a diplomatic mission. It was a long trip from Reinbolt to Kal Vosk. She remembered her and her guards stopping in an inn to rest for the night. They had dinner with the kind innkeeper and headed upstairs. Although, that inn was not this one. This place didn't look familiar to her at all. Nor did it make sense of why she would have fallen alseep without changing into a nightgown first.

"Leon? Saul?"

Raine called out, looking for the two guards that were to accompany her on the trip. Raine's parents had made sure their only child knew basic self defense but they had sent two of their best soldiers to come with their only child for the journey. She found neither man. She frowned, very confused about where she was and where her guards had went. She heard music and people talking downstairs. She slowly walked down the steps and was greeted by Flora. The woman appeared to be very nice and eager. Flora would quickly see that Raine unique eyes, one was blue and the other green.

"Ummm...Hello. Where am I?"

Raine asked, as she pushed some of her brown hair behind her ear. She wondered if Flora would think that was a crazy question. But the human woman truly had no idea where she was.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:31 am 

...looking for some new RP's.

Medals: 2
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

~"Rai..ye... Rai..zel...RAI!"~ A voice that was only in his memories woke him up from something like a dream.
Or maybe it was not a dream. He blanked out for a little while, and focussed on himself, to gather his thoughts, before he looked around.
"What happened..?" a slight whisper left his lips. He was not sure about anything. At least he still knew his name. Raiye.. Ze... Raizel Dawn.. ..? . To solidify it, he repeatedly murmured, not quite grapsing where he erred. He settled for Raizel, then stilled, to look at the simple room. His head was still ringing and he could not really recall ... anything but a vague feeling, that this time he made a serious mistake and got injured very bad.
Checking his body, he did not discover any liablities, besides the major headache... it could be a phantom pain, after all, if he did not know that he had hit his head previously.
Checking the functionality of his limbs, he stood up and walked a little. His body did not seem to be weak at all, he should be in best condition. All the things on his body were still the same as before.
~Wait, how do I know how my things were before?~ Rai asked himself.
Maybe it was instinct. He touched the moonstone around his neck, calming down a little. There is nothing that could be done about the memories, for now, but he was sure, that his instinct would tell him what was necessary.

Checking everything, he took a look at some of the things in his backpack, trying to pick some clues up, but there was nothing major that attracted his attention, just some slight memories about using the things, now and then.
He put on his cloak, hiding his long hair and ears with the hood.
Frowning slightly about the strange action, the Elf noticed that it might be a habit of his - but he did not change it, just took a note to find out why. Now that he paid attention to it, his hair did seem to be longer than previously. Strange.

It was very quiet, and a strange feeling crept up to Raizel. He was not familiar with the fact that nobody else was around. Then he realized, that before he lost a big part of his memories, companions were always next to him.

Feeling a little listless and lonely, the elf carefully walked down the stairs, and sat quietly on an empty table in the inn, trying not to attract attention. From what he could see, not many people were here. Not taking off his hood, he scanned the room, but none of the faces seemed familiar. Nobody tried to approach him as well.
He felt a little lost, as he thought about what he could do from now on. The faint bitter feeling that his companions had - for whatever reasons - abandoned him, crept up, but he suppressed it. Maybe he had been kidnapped? He was not sure where this assumption even emerged from. But he remembered somebody telling him, that he should be careful not to get kidnapped by elven-traffickers, because of his racial features and his face. Deeply frowning, Raizel tried to remember, who that brazen person was. After another wave of his headache, he let it be for now. Besides, it was very unrealistic that a kidnapper would first kidnap the person and then just leave him somewhere with his belongings.
Gazing outside a window, he blanked out again, looking at the unfamiliar landscape.
~Where am I..?~ he was just thinking that, as a female voice mirrored his thoughts perfectly.
A slow turn of his head, and a little curious glance shot at the speaking girl, and his lips curled slightly in a wry smile. "~What a perfect question at a perfect timing, young lady.~" He did not speak out loud, instead he listened to the dialogue.
He did not seem to be the only one, who listened not amused, but understanding into it, as he also paid attention to the others inside the inn.

Actually, at one point during the month, a group of a dozen or so Cultivators belonging to a different local power group showed up. They desired to slay Meng Hao and take his medicinal pills by force. A single cold snort echoed out from within the Immortal’s cave, causing Heaven and Earth to shake, and instantly killing half of the group.(from ISSTH)

How to beat a Machine gun with a Laser sword. | +
(sig made by Eferhilda)

MtG | +
ImageImage

Nodiatis | +

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:41 am 

Medals: 7
Best Death (1) Funniest Member (1)
2nd Year (1) Most Dedicated (1)

Fire. His vision was full of it. The heat was unbearable but he stayed hidden under a strong beam, crying. The roar pierced the shrill sounds of his cry's easily, so loud he could see the flames themselves quake at its might. A single claw, massive in size, slammed down in front of him and clouded his vision in ash. A single eye peered from above as it's cat-like pupil turned razor thin. "The trespassers breeding? No this wont do." The beasts jaw opened and he could see the flames leave the gaping maw just before they burnt him to a crisp.

With a quick intake of breath Kevkas opened his eyes. He was lying down on a straw laid bed with a hand behind his head and one across his side on his dagger. He didn't move aside from his chest heaving up and down slightly, and quickly scanned the room from his prone position. 'Straw bed, old wooden rooms, strong scent of smoke with music below. Lingering smell of salt.' He knew this inn. The Silver Goblet, in Cardy. His trade had brought him here before, though usually it was on his own terms. Why he was here now was beyond him, but at least he had the where when it came to his sudden lack of memory.

Why, however, was the question he wanted to answer most. The last thing that could be remembered was tracking a herd of deer to the South, recalling the size of the bucks within it and cursing whatever pulled him from his chase and brought him to this inn. Looking around the inn, Kevkas was at least relieved that his possessions were all intact. It truly was the 'why' that plagued him alone. Laying about in a straw bed would provide no answers, he concluded, and rose from his position to gather his things and head below towards the music. If nothing else, he was sure that his companion Fenris was well. He needn't bother to look around the city for the wolf never entered a populated area. As soon as he could make sense of this, he would reunite with him outside the city walls.

Strapped up and ready, Forest green hood well over his head covering his slightly pointed ears, the half-elf made his way down to the inn proper, where he was greeted by some familiar faces. 'Nothing seems out of the ordinary. I can hazard a question to the innkeep as to why i'm here I suppose.' he thought to himself, and strode over towards the man's wife, Flora.

He made a point to wait and call her over where he would not be heard by others in a corner of the inn, and when he had her attention he asked, "Excuse me, Flora was it? Forgive me but might I ask how I got here last night? I'm afraid i've no memory of it."

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:43 am 

SHE'S DEAD!

Close them.... Keep them shut tight.... and... "Open!" Penny said aloud as she looked wide-eyed at the ceiling. hmm... still not ringing a bell. she gave a sigh before trying one more time.

Think Penny think, we left from the.... we went to.... a small whir and the feeling of cold metal against her cheek made her give up "I think we might've done it again squeaks," Penny brought her hand up to meet her little buddy which affectionately bumped into her before climbing into her palm. The bed gave a small creak as she sat straight up and placed the small machine on her shoulder. She gave the room a quick sweep with her eyes before placing her feet on the wooden floor. Light streamed through a small window above a night stand at the head of the bed. Her pack and equipment were neatly stacked on a desk against the adjacent wall. After taking a quick moment to lace up her boots, Penny sifted through her pack and pulled out a coin satchel, and a some tools. She gave a small sigh before exiting the room, the heavy feeling of guilt nagging her with each step.

Each step down the hall and to the stairs was announced by the jangle of her pack, the tavern's unusually quiet patrons and low music didn't help cover up her entrance either. She gave each person in the room an awkward smile before placing something at their tables. She didn't have time to make everyone a customized gift but she hoped they would like it all the same; each box held a small glass orb with a shifting blue flame in it. She quickly spotted the woman in charge. She jangled hurriedly behind the woman as she made her way to attend to one of the patrons.

"Umm, Excuse me, ma'am. Oh!" she exclaimed before quickly pulling out a small box and handing it to the hooded man before turning back to the woman

"I'm sorry about the damages," she retrieved her coin pouch and held it out to her "I can take care of the repairs but I'm sure I've been here quite a while if last time is any indication. At least, that's what they told me; I guess they could've lied but that doesn't really matter. I still blew up half the tavern; I wonder if their dog still coughs up smoke. I mean, it's not impossible. My mother sent me a message saying that the Davarians still have to catch a flying carrot here or there and that happened... how long ago? " she looked back at the woman

"Oh! sorry!" If you could just point me to the damages, I could get started!" she looked about the room curiously before frowning confusedly.

"I don't see.... wha- what exactly happened?"

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:55 pm 

Flora smiled at Raine.

“Why, sweetie, you are in the Silver Goblet.” Her smile faded as she realized that the inn was not ringing a bell with the girl. “Do you not remember?”

Flora was a little surprised, and ever the mother, worried. “You and your friends arrived last night. Are you ok? You weren’t drinking at last night, dear. None of you did, yet you and the dear dwarf at the bar both can’t remember anything.”

Flora was scared for the poor girl. She led her to a table and had her sit down. “I’ll bring you some food. Just relax here.”

Flora took note of Raizel as he sat down, wondering if he was suffering the same strange symptoms as his two companions. She could tell by the way that he was acting that he did not want to be disturbed. She frowned. He had issues when had come in last night. He had been asking for people that no one knew off, not even his current friends. At times, he had seemed inconsolable.

Flora noticed Kevkas motioning to her. She smiled and approached him, leaning in close enough to hear. She pulled her head back after her question. Him, too? She sighed.

“What happened to you and your friends, dear? You all arrived last night, as a group. You were all chatting and hanging out. After some time, you all asked for rooms. Now this morning, three of you have no memory of it. I suspect a fourth doesn’t either. I don’t understand.”

She nodded at a table. “I’m worried for you kids. Have a seat and I’ll bring food.”

She turned towards the kitchen to get the food and almost ran right into Penny. She smiled and it was then that she realized there were gifts on all the tables. The two halfings acted as though they didn’t care but in reality they were fascinated. They each wished that the other would pick up the trinket so that they could pick theirs up. The warrior was inspecting hers gleefully. She gave a heart “thanks” and smiled widely. Flora chuckled at Penny as she chatted. She really loved gnomes. They were great folk.

“Oh, there are no damages, dear. You never drank or made a fuss. If you want, I’ll bring you some food.”

She smiled and disappeared into the kitchen.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:15 pm 

Flora seemed like a nice woman, but Raine was sure she had never met her before. She gave the woman a look of total confusion.

"Silver Goblet? I never heard of this place."

Raine said with a frown. She shook her head when Flora asked if she remembered.

"No, I don't."

When Flora said her friends were here, Raine asked.

"You mean Saul and Leon are here?"

Those were the only friends she had been traveling with. Not that Raine saw either of her parents' guards now. Nor did she remember them stopping at this inn last night. She looked around the inn and did not recognize anyone that was gathered here. When Flora said the dwarf didn't remember anything, Raine thought maybe she could talk to him. She followed Flora to the table. Almost on cue, Raine's stomach growled. She felt very hungry, like she hadn't ate in a year.

"Food sounds good. Thank you."

She watched as other people asked Flora the same questions as she had. What the hell was going on?

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:48 am 

It did not matter if he wanted or not, Raizel accidently caught Floras eyes, when he was listening in. The woman did not speak quietly, instead it looked like she spoke louder than necessary instead. A small sigh escaped him, as he noticed the look in her eyes. That would be the most pitiful look a human had ever given him. Ranking somewhere between pity and suspicion... suspicion that he had some great mental issues.
~ If I had not already known that something was wrong, totally wrong, then this would be the moment where I am certain that something is wrong with me.~ a small sigh escaped his lips, and Raizel was the first to lower his eyes, to break off the painful eye contact.
The name "Silver Goblet" did not ring a bell with him as well.

Since the human woman did not bother to lower her voice, as she continued on to unmask Raizels apparent travelling comrades, and that they all seemed to have no memories of yesterday, the Elf was suspicious, that it might have to do something with the tavern at hand.
After a while of stealthily looking around and probing for magic, he did not find anything, besides, his murky memory was not just a loss of one day, but a lot more. He did not know how many, days, months, even years, were lost. Even if he had touched alcohol - for he was not a very strong drinker - this would not have that grave of an effect on his mind.

Stealing a glance at the two at the counter, as well as the one at another quiet table, Raizel did not feel any familiarity.
A curious glance and an involuntary appearing tweak of his lips in a smile at the apparently confused but endearing behaviour of the gnome girl, as she walked past him, leaving an orb at his table as well. "Thank you, Miss." his whisper should reach the ears of that child, even if the tavern picked up on noise since she whirled in.
Raizel wondered if that one was also among his apparent comrades. But, he still was not familiar with any of their faces or auras. The two girls seemed to be quite young, while the dwarf had an aura of a seasoned warrior. He could not see the fourth persons features, but the hood reminded Raizel of himself. The probability of it being an elf was high, but it could also be a human or halfling.
~ I do not recall other elves being my comrades, lately.. this is getting more and more confusing.~
Resisting the impulse to put his head in his palms, and pushing his desperation back, the elf instead focussed his eyes for a bit on the tavern owner, gripping his fists, mentally preparing himself to go over and talk to the man.

After a moment of silently watching the Orbs flickering flame, he decided to still try it - he slowly stood up and moved infront of the man at the counter.
"Excuse me?" Raizels voice was not loud, but melodic and distinct instead, so it could be heard even through the noise. After he had the full attention of Ralf, he continued.

"Do you have any map of these lands?"

The elf frowned at the wording of his own words, but to his inner shock, he could not remember the name of the lands he was in. Le...?

Actually, at one point during the month, a group of a dozen or so Cultivators belonging to a different local power group showed up. They desired to slay Meng Hao and take his medicinal pills by force. A single cold snort echoed out from within the Immortal’s cave, causing Heaven and Earth to shake, and instantly killing half of the group.(from ISSTH)

(sig made by Eferhilda)

MtG | +
ImageImage

Nodiatis | +

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:36 am 

Friends? Though Kevkas had acquainted himself with many people throughout his life none of them could really be considered as close as she implied. He had traveled solo for a good portion of his life, and he remembered faces well. None of these four were familiar except maybe the dwarf. Kevkas seemed to recall him being a regular in the tavern. Reluctantly he started to realize that this was a problem that would have no answers if he were to remain in his preferred solitude. Moving his hood to show a bit more of his face, the mix of human and elf that it was, he proceeded to the table where his "friends" seemed to be convening.

"Well lads, it's clear that whatever relation we have with each other is related to this memory loss." He spoke plainly, not one to mince words. "How about we pool together what we all know and try to figure this out?" The other hooded man asked about a map of the area, and Kevkas quickly tried to ease his worry by telling him that his memory of the area was still strong as he had hunted and trapped around the forests for many years. Kevkas sat down with elbows bent on the table and began speaking quieter once he was sure he had everyone's attention. "Now, last thing I remember was laying my head down for rest after a poor hunt. Was a full moon that night, near the end a' spring. Good start would be to find out if we lost our memories around the same time I think." He ended whilst looking to each member of their group one by one, and waited patiently for the rest to speak up after him.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:27 pm 

Razmus looked around the room. He gazed pointedly at each of the other confused patrons. It was clear that something had happened to a handful of them. He was very curious to what it was. He was deep in thought as he watched the scene play out with Flora. After the woman left, he watched as Kevkas stood up and called everyone together. There's a good lad! Nothing like calling the troops together. He sauntered over to the halfling and raised his hand in greeting.

"Hey, lad. I'm Razmus Deepsunder." He sat down with Kevkas at the most central table. He waved the others over. "Come on, folks. He's got a good point."

Raff nodded and approached the table. He laid a map on the table. "You folks are sitting in the finest inn in Cardy."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:18 pm 

SHE'S DEAD!

“Oh, there are no damages, dear. You never drank or made a fuss. If you want, I’ll bring you some food.”

Penny blinked. No damages? Then why don't I ...? Penny looked about the room as if she might have been mistaken and simply missed a scorch mark or a hole but there was nothing. It should've been comforting, but instead, it made her worry even more. Her memory was a bit sketchy at times but what she forgot where usually ideas, names, trains of thought; not entire days. Something wasn't right here. Other patrons seemed to be having the same issue. Maybe the tavern had an enchantment on it? Penny opened her mouth as if she were about to speak but was quickly interrupted by another hooded man who had suddenly stood approached the counter and requested a map of... these... lands?

"Do you have any map of these lands?" Penny failed to stifle a laugh at this. The way he'd said it with such confidence made the awkward phrasing all the more amusing. But that did bring up an important point. Where they were exactly, She felt like it was on the tip of her tongue.

"OH!" she shuffled excitedly towards the man and pressed against the counter. She rested her chin against the counter top and drummed with her fingers for a moment as she hummed.

"Hmm, Lorrienne!... no....Daeveril? Anlowe?.... it definitely has the 'Llll" sound... llllLor- Loo- Loopy! No that's my uncle... I think." she mulled over the sound a bit more making sure to loll her tongue as she thought. If it were on the tip of her tongue, it had slipped off by now. She silenced her noise making as the sound of the hooded man she had been near approached and announced what she had been thinking.

"Well lads, it's clear that whatever relation we have with each other is related to this memory loss." He spoke plainly. "How about we pool together what we all know and try to figure this out?" Penny had some suspicions that this was somehow her fault but she'd wait to see how this all unfolded before she remarked. She hopped onto a seat and looked curiously at the two men talking. They looked somewhat similar and even as they conversed, their tones were careful and far from the boisterous, booming or harsh she had been so accustomed to when traveling in human and dwarven cities.

"Now, last thing I remember was laying my head down for rest after a poor hunt. Was a full moon that night, near the end a' spring. Good start would be to find out if we lost our memories around the same time I think."

"Ya didn't say your name!" Penny piped up "Pop always told me to start with names when I meet someone new.... or at least, someone that seems... new...!" She cleared her throat and looked at everyone before smiling.

"Hello! I'm Adelaide Pennywhistle. Most people call me Penny- but it's okay to use other names! It's okay, Pen, Adela, P, the whistle, I don't mind. Just let me know because otherwise you'll say 'Hey Penapenwhis' and I'll have no idea what that means and I'll think you're shouting a curse at someone and then you'll say it was directed at me and I'll go 'what did I do?' so... yeah..." she gave an awkward cough before starting again.

"Anyway! Penny here. Umm, I travel a lot as a craftsman; I hope you all like the gift by the way. The last thing I remember is going to a city that was rumored to hold a werewolf. I think I had whipped something up I wanted to try"

She lowered her voice as she thought aloud "Was it a cure or a detector? Hehe, Werecure? Lycantector?" She shook her head and spoke up once more.

"I remember that there was a lot of fuzz- er fuss about it, so I'm guessing it was around the full moon," Penny thought this over for a minute before realizing that she had probably doomed a town, or at least their live-stock.

The mechanical mouse crawled down Penny's arm onto the table as if to present itself "oh, how could I forget?! This is Squeaks!" the machine gave a glidy twirl on the table, it's black eyes devoid of expression.

"He's loves attention,"

A man named Razmus sat heavily into a nearby seat as he introduced himself. Penny smiled warmly and looked at the others expectantly. Squeaks glided rapidly away and into her chest as a large map was laid across the table top nearly 'suffocating' the poor thing. The machine scuttled 'curiously' over the edge of the map before doing little circles over the name "Cardy". Most of the names sounded off to Penny.

Wha- What is this a map of? There... Where's my town, where's?" she made a sweeping motion over a section of the map "shouldn't there be mountains here?" Penny shook her head as she looked about the map.

"This isn't Lenovia at all! How am I supposed to get home to my parents?!"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:42 pm 

Raine didn't know what to do, but at least it seemed like wasn't alone. A few other people in the Silver Goblet, a place that she still never heard of, didn't know either. Maybe some kind of sorcerer sent them here. But why would be question...Nothing made sense. When Kevkas suggested they all come together and try to figure this out and Razmus, Raine nodded her head. She headed over to their table, assuming Flora would bring her food over there. She took a seat and waited for her turn to speak.

Kevkas seemed like the type who didn't talk more then he needed to. Penny on the other hand, seemed to be a very open person. She didn't know what to think of Razmus, since he hadn't said much. She smiled at the mechanical mouse and said.

"Hi, Squeaks."

Raine looked at the map Raff presented them. She had never heard of the town of Cardy or any other towns on the map. When Penny brought up Lenovia, she said.

"I'm from Reinbolt."

Which she didn't see on the map. She coughed to clear her throat and added.

"I'm Raine Protos. My parents are Lord Orion and Lady Serene of Reinbolt. Myself and my two guards, Saul and Leon, were heading to Kal Vosk, when we stopped in an inn for the night to rest. It wasn't this inn, though. It was called the Serpent's Tooth."

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:21 am 

Raizel registered the small laugh, from one of the girls, but he was prepared to face ridicule about his question. While he was pleasantly surprised, that Raff really had a map, his fears got confirmed as he walked near the table and looked over.
I do not recognize it.

Either all his memories were gone. Or they were never there. Feeling the phantom pain of his head surging in he bit his lips and clenched his fists.
Looking away from the unfamiliar painted landscape, he turned around to Raff: "Thank you very much."
He sighed, then asked. "Would you be so kind to bring me a glass of water?"
After that, he pulled an empty chair and sat down, resisting the urge to bury his head in his hands.
Contrary to what he was feeling he sat down straight and graceful, resting his body a little, before he focussed his eyes on the others.

As the little one - Penny, cried out in shock, he heard a familiar word for the first time .."Lenovia" he mouthed the word, frowning a little. Yes, this was definitely familiar. Like his Name. Contrary to that, Cardy was not familiar at all.
After everyone told each other their names and in some cases even Family histories or cities, he realized that he must be the only one who was lacking so many memories. It was definitely something that was unusual - not that the situation at hand was normal.
The suspicion of illusion or memory magic still haunted him, as he looked around and felt for traces of magic. Sadly, there were no abnormal traces. The magic energy was very weak...maybe he could try to look later, when he was outside.

"Rai..zel, Raizel Dawn." He still felt even his own name was strange to him, stretching it out a little. Smiling apologetically and shaking his head slightly at any possible expectation of him continuing to talk about himself. "There is not much I can remember. Only 'Lenovia' seems familiar."

(sig made by Eferhilda)

MtG | +
ImageImage

Nodiatis | +

Last edited by Ari on Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:45 pm 

Razmus took time to look between the small group gathering around the table. They were an odd bunch. There was no getting around that. However, that was precisely the issue. Something had to link them together for this...condition to happen to all of them. The woman had said that they had entered together. From what he heard, it had sounded like they had been friends, talking and drinking. He shook his head. It didn't make any sense.

Razmus was a bit excited to see that there was a map of the area. Finally, they could get an idea of where they were. He leaned over to inspect it. His face quickly fell. Penny was right. This clearly isn't Lenovia. He needed a smoke but he wasn't sure how well that would be received. He watched Squeaks zip around and it gave him a bit of amusement. He scanned the edges of the map for any sign of familar lands or features. There just weren't any.

Flora appeared, dispersing food and drink again.

Razmus looked down at his food glumly. This was ok for human food. He frowned as he picked some up with his spoon before dribbling it back into the bowl. It was not Dwarven cooking though. More importantly, it wasn't Mama's cooking. Mama was the best Dwarven chef in the world. No, literally. She was the Royal Chief Extraordinaire. She had won five royally sponsored cooking competitions. The were Dwarves from all over the country there. Her recipes and her abilities were considered a royal resource. She wasn't allowed to cook for anyone other than the royal family or her own without express consist from the crown. Often, her cooking was used in diplomatic envoys much like any other gift an aristocrat would offer to his peers. Now he may never have Mama's barroot bread again. Razmus suddenly didn't have an appetite. He pushed his bowl away.

Razmus shook his head. This was no time for getting depressed. There was a mystery to be solved. He racked his brain. The last thing he knew he was carting furs and hides from Sudbury to Digh Kalduhr. The spring hunts had gone well and they were needed up north before it was too late to work them into winter clothes. His brow furrowed. That reminded him. Where are his mules, men and carts? He scratched his head.

"Hey there! Innkeep! I didn't happen to say anything about my load, did I?"

Raff shook his head. "Not a word."

Razmus huffed and his brow wrinkled with frustrations and confusion. Well, that wasn't like him at all! Plus, his men would have been inn patrons, too. He didn't leave his men out in the cold like some traders did. This just keeps getting weirder.

"Well, folks. We have a mystery on our hands."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:10 am 

The map's appearance ruined Kevkas's sense of control. This was not his hunting grounds, this was not a familiar inn, and more importantly, this was not where he assumed he was originally. "That we do. Kevkas, by the way." He said, nodding to Razmus. "I'm from Lenovia as well. It seems that's another common factor that binds us." Putting two fists to his temple, Kevkas began to think. He sat in this peculiar way for a moment or two as the others spoke amongst themselves before rising once more. "Ah, Innkeeper? You spoke of us arriving together yes? Could you recall anything in detail about that?"

He hoped the question would not raise any suspicions among the locals, or unwanted attention. Strangers with amnesia would clearly be seen as easy targets. Kevkas knew this because in their shoes he'd have seen just that. Having the rolls reversed, however, was none to his liking, so he brought his pride down enough to work with these "companions" for the time being. The dwarf seemed like a capable fellow, and the hooded gentleman seemed highly aware of things around him. 'Probably an elf, or haughty half-elf. I'll have to wait and see.' The little one and the human however, they seemed too distraught to be anything more than dead weight. As with all things though, time would tell.

He proceeded as before, leaving only one worry un-answered completely. Nor did he dare to ask anyone about it, for civil folk do not normally appreciate talk about wolves as kin. But Fenris was much more than a wolf to Kevkas, and if all these people had made it to this inn without their memories, he feared how his long time companion would be faring on his own in this strange land.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:15 pm 

Raff looked at Kevkas. He had to admit to being hesitant to get involved. Something about this whole situation made him uncomfortable. They could be trouble. He had had to offer something for these poor folks. Damn his bleeding heart! His wife would be even worse. I swear, with all she fusses over our patrons, you'd think they were all our children. He set his towel down on the counter and walked over to the table.

"Yeah, you all wandered in here at about half past six. You were friendly to us. However, we could tell that you were uneasy among yourselves. You spoke in hushed voices. Something was wrong. Bless my wife, it took everything charm I had to keep her from hounding you for your life-stories." He smiled, "You were talking about this 'Lenovia' place then, too. Also, you kept mentioning the King and some dastardly traitor. I can't believe that you know the King! Is he well? Is he in this 'Lenovia' place? We have all be so worried about him. The Grand Duke is the only one tells us that the King is hard at work trying to unite the rest of the world. But its been so long since we've had new news."

Raff and Flora look at them, hope filling their eyes. Politically instability is a hard thing, especially when your ruler is MIA. The prayers of the people of Askana were always with the King.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:32 pm 

Raine didn't know what to think of all of this. Nothing made sense to her, she just wanted to get back home. She wondered if Saul and Leon were okay. She didn't care what Raff said, all she remember was entering the Serpent's Tooth with her companions. It had been getting late and the moon already began to rise. His story didn't go with her memories at all. It was definitely a mystery. When Flora returned with the food, she said.

"Thank you, Miss-"

Raine realized she had no idea what Flora's name was.

"I'm sorry, I never got you or your husband's names."

She was embarrassed admitting that. One of the first things her parents had taught her was to learn people's names. It was terribly rude to not know their names, especially when Flora and Raff were trying to help them out. Even if they probably this group was a little crazy for not remembering anything. She certainly didn't remember meeting these other people before. She frowned listening to Raff talk about King Alastair. She had no idea what to say, because she didn't remember any of this and knew nothing about the king and a traitor. As far as she knew, Lenovia was at peace. King Alastair was a good king, loved and respected his people. Through her parents, she went to parties at the king's castle from time to time. She wouldn't say she was a personal friend of his. He was friendly to her, as he was all the nobles and their families. She could tell the couple was hopeful, though. They seemed so nice...She didn't want to speak up and upset them. Especially not when they had been so nice to them all.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:32 pm 

Raizel felt the man's uneasiness to get involved with their story. They might be in danger, not even from not having sufficient memories, but simply from any enemies they might have met before... - before they entered this state of confusion.
He was grateful for every little bit of information, though, and memorized the words, as well as the maps contents. His mind was like a dry sponge, with the information being the water.

He contemplated a little about what Raff was telling them, for a while. Not that his murky mind would give him any clues, so they possibly needed to follow their own tracks, to find those clues. Backtracking was a thing the other elf ..or half elf should be familiar with. Raizels eyebrows rose a little, as he noticed the faint smell of an animal on Kevkas' clothes, as that one stood up.
A dog..no.."...wolf?"
A slightly surprised smile framed the corners of his mouth as he wispered the word. He could now vaguely sense that the group did share some common scents, that only would be possible if they travelled together... He just did not notice as of yet, because he himself was carrying the same odour.

A sharp pain in his head reminded him of his injury, and he took some slow gulps of water, that Flora brought him, before breathing in and out slowly. Raizel noticed that his senses were on the verge of going berserk just now. Not only the magic sense, but his heightened senses were sharpening and dulling back and forth. A very uncomfortable feeling.

Calming himself down, he turned his attention to Raff, since the man decided to help them, Raizel knew that this was not the situation to hold back. He decided to go for a desperate attempt to combine everything he had heard so far, deducing the most possible situation from Raffs words.
"I am sorry, we cannot be certain about anything as of yet. Trusting the Grand Dukes words for now might be the best." He tried to calm down the couple, before he continued. "We might be related to that matter, though. Especially if what you say is true and he is really in Lenovia." Raizel nodded and spoke slowly in a low voice, so that only the people around the table and the two Innkeepers could hear him.
"We might need to backtrack our own activities to make sure of that. For that we need to know where we came from, and where we planned to go."
Showing his honesty, the elf stood up and gently pushed his hood down.
His pale golden hair was still half hidden under his cloak, but his green eyes and a pair of long slim ears, would be enough to identify him as a member of elvish race.
Smiling softly as he looked at the couple, Rai said: "Anything you remember might help us."

(sig made by Eferhilda)

MtG | +
ImageImage

Nodiatis | +

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:35 pm 

SHE'S DEAD!

"Raine... Protos.... Protos! I know that name!" Penny piped up "... I think..." she said before humming in thought "Oh! yes! Madeline's son works for your parents!" she gave a small bounce. The feeling of remembering something was almost invigorating "his name was..." she slumped a bit in her seat "Paul?" she shrugged before leaning on the table and supporting her head with her arms "I forget things occasionally, but this is upsetting." she said with a pout. She studied the map for a while as the group continued trying to figure things out. She was only half paying attention when the man who had provided the map said something very strange.

"I can't believe that you know the King! Is he well? Is he in this 'Lenovia' place? We have all be so worried about him. The Grand Duke is the only one who tells us that the King is hard at work trying to unite the rest of the world. But it's been so long since we've had new news."

"The king?" Penny said aloud "I know the king?" she said excitedly "Or... I guess I knew the king." she ended with a sad chuckle. She watched squeaks dance and glide about the map for a bit as she thought. Suddenly something sparked in her mind and she looked up at the group with a twinkle in her eye

"Sooooo... we're all here in some place called Cardy, the king's missing, and apparently we were talking about him yesterday as well about a traitor, the Grand Duke is saying he's off hard at work 'rest assured' and the like, and today we all have memory problems," Penny picked up squeaks and let him scurry up to her shoulder "This sounds to me like we were on someone important's trail and they didn't like it and had our memories wiped!" Penny said before tucking her knees under her in her excitement

"If this is someone's doing, that means they wiped everyone here they thought would be a threat!... but if they were doing someone else's bidding, they'd be told where to go, what to look for and what to do when they saw what they found!" The statement didn't make much sense but Penny was assured it did "but what if they forgot some of us?" She said in a low voice, barely containing her excitement. She lifted Squeaks out to them and the Clockwork mouse stared vacantly. She was quite pleased with herself. She lowered him back onto the map and looked at him expectantly

"okay Squeaks!" she started "we're gonna play our little spinny game okay?" the mouse's shiny black eyes betrayed no emotion "perfect!" Penny said before clasping her hands together in front of her chin. "Alright, right spin for yes or okay, left spin for a no, right spin then a left spin for each number, alright?" the mouse gave a counter-clockwise spin "great! Penny said giddily!

"Let's do a test first... is my name Penny?" the machine whirred to the left and Penny clapped "okay, were we here yesterday?" the mouse spun right "are we missing anyone?" the mouse spun to the right and then to the left more times than Penny could keep track "ummm... did anyone catch how many spins that was?"