All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Manifest
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:26 pm 

SHE'S DEAD!

Blog: View Blog (1)

Earth is inhabited by immense amounts of life.
Moving, breathing, thinking stardust.
All the result of chance, all so adamant to establish, thrive, dominate.
Create.

Humans have the power to create, their minds work ceaselessly. Ideas come and go in a neverending stream.
Some of these thoughts are strong enough to be placed into existence:
cars, planes, towers, ships
drawings, songs, stories

And the others?
Even if for a moment, they existed.

Light streamed through a thin series of windows into an otherwise unilluminated room. Dust danced above the cold stone floor. From what, it was impossible to tell; the room was empty save for several large pillars arranged in rows on either side of a thick wooden door.

A small creature grunted as it pushed open the door. It tottered giddily into the room and sucked in a deep breath.

"HEY!" it shouted playfully "Can you hear me!?" it could barely contain its excitement.

The dancing dust suddenly stopped as if time had frozen. Suddenly, all the particles darted towards the door. The dust arranged itself into the silhouette of a man as it advanced until what appeared to be a man had slammed the door hard with an outstretched hand.

"Yes, I can hear you," the black swirling arrangement tiredly remarked.

"Someone must've-"

"Yes, I know what must've! Go figure who it was before things get any worse, okay?" the dust said irritably

"yessir, Mister book!"

The tiny creature saluted with mock seriousness before turning and slowly pulling open the door once again. It turned to look at the silhouette once more a giddy grin plastered on its face.

"Are you gonna use the big voice?" it asked in a low voice hardly containing its ecstatics.

The dust chuckled "I think this is a situation that calls for the big voice," it said as if this was common sense.

The creature giggled and bounced before rushing off.

The dust closed the door harshly. As if fresh air might kill him. " Pfft 'Am I going to use the big voice' she asks,"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace