All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Trinity
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:00 pm 

The Blood Trials have officially begun.

Blog: View Blog (1)

King Trystan

The day in Linloch was just like any other. The seas were calm, the ports and markets were bustling, and the weather was warm and fair. The fish markets were in full swing, and the guard was on their toes. They'd been told to be on high alert for some pirates that had been going around and raiding docked ships posing as the sailors who manned them. There were people from all walks of life scattered about the streets. Families from the Free Cities, thieves, merchants, magic users of all walks, and natives to Linloch plus and abundance more. Seems the streets never slept around here.

Inside the castle, King Trystan was already up and at it. Seemed he rarely slept anymore as he was overcome with worry for his two younger siblings. Since their father's death and the kingdom of Azeroth split into the three that they now were, there had been trouble between the trio. Mainly the action had occurred between his two younger brothers, but he had had his fair share of squabbles with them as well. He worried that they'd make some sort of rash decision and wind up destroying their kingdom. They were both young and inexperienced in handling things that went along with a kingdom. Mostly economic and diplomatic aspects. He longed for the days when they were just boys again and they were all friends, but he didn't expect to see that day return again before he died.

He had looked over new reports on both of the "rival" kingdoms this morning and observed what had changed from the last set of reports he'd been given. He needed time to process the information. So he did what he always did when he needed to think. He hunted his violin, and he began to play. He found music helped him think, and over the course of the few years that he'd picked up this habit of playing the violin, he'd become rather good. He stood on his balcony and played that way he could overlook his city whilst he did and observe the bustling streets and busy people that resided within his domain.

Seraphina Octavia

In the mountains of Mekova, the weather was doing what it always did. Pouring the snow in the mountaintops, and raining in the valleys. There was no bright sun this morning. Instead, the skies were dull and grey. They were covered in dreary clouds and it didn't look like the snow was going to blow over any time soon. If anything, it looked more like there was going to be a harder snowstorm to come later on in the day.

The people were going about their daily lives as they always did in spite of the weather, and Seraphina was no different. She had gotten up early and bundled up. She then placed her enchanting books she packed with her, along with the clothes she'd sewn to sell into a cart and hooked it up to the horse to take into town and sell. She hadn't enough money yet to buy her own shop, but she was working towards it. She'd become rather popular around town as a seamstress and an enchantress despite the lack of magic in these parts. It made it so she had a decent flow of business for magic users in the area were sparse.

She stopped the horse outside of a little stand and she got her things situated on the countertop. She pulled her hood up over her red hair and waited to see if she'd have any customers. It was cold, but perhaps someone would stop by on their way by her.

@Ghost @Aria @GoatBoy19 @turtleteapot @TheMadAce @Blackmarket Salesman

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Trinity
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:39 am 

Medals: 1
Most Patient (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

When Syrille entered the stables, she was greeted by the whinny of all the horses but loudest of all her favorite stallion, a gold and white palomino. She smiled. Over the past few weeks since he'd been brought to the palace, she and the stallion, whom she dubbed Atticus. formed a strange kinship. She swore up and down (metaphorically of course, she'd been a lady once and a lady, mustn't swear) that he understood her when she spoke to him.

"Good morning to you too." She grabbed a brush and approached the stallion's side. She held her hands open to reveal that she wasn't in fact hiding any treats, then gave his nose a pat before beginning to rub him down, chattering conversationally to him all the while.

"-and i'm sure your rider, whenever he comes along, will be excellent. It's a shame no one's claimed you yet, poor thing. Anyone can see that you're a grand, noble beast." Atticus recognized her praise and lifted his head proudly.

"If I could, i'd ride you myself," she admitted. Syrille had daydreams before of riding through Alderion's fields (they didn't have fields like those back in her old home) with the wind in her hair and the sun on her back but they were silly; she had a job to do and there was no time for such indulgences. She was servant, after all. She would never be allowed to borrow one of the castle's horses.

She finished up looking after Atticus and moved on to the next stall where a black and tan pony waited, ignoring the stallion's looks of betrayal.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:04 am 

World building for RPs that always seem to die

Most Creative (1)

Gabriel

Gabriel sat sprawled out on the edge of the open window sill of his bedroom within one of the towers of the King's castle. An empty bottle of Maghrebian wine at his side as he looked out at the large city that rested within the castles outermost walls. He wore only a pair of pants and an undershirt, the fireplace and alcohol being the only thing keeping him from shivering in the cold winds. 'What a beautiful city, almost reminds me of the grand bazaars within the major cities of the deserts,' a smile graced his face as the thought ran through his mind. After a few moments he got up and closed the window slowly as to not make a sound as he turned to get ready for the day.

His room was heavily decorated with various tapestries and treasures he had acquired during his time as a mercenary commander in the desert. The normally grey stones of the rooms walls had been replaced with sandstone by Gabriel to remind him of his true home. With a yawn he moved over to his dresser to put on his armor and strap his sword to his waist with a dagger resting on his lower back. Once dress he made his way to the door, giving a brief glance to his bed were a squire boy lay fast asleep in tangled in the sheets a small smile returning to his face, and exited his room as quiet as he could. As he walked out he looked to the two Iron Wolves on guard and spoke, "I have some errands to run if he wakes up before I get back you know the drill." The two merely nodded in acknowledgment as he walk away.

Rafiq

Rafiq's day was going going rather well, a patrol had just taken out a group of bandits that had attempted to set up shop in the kingdom, the next batch of recruits were on their way to join their new units, and he was told that Saladin had agreed to a meeting in person. The fact that his happy mood would soon turn sour was displayed by to him by the smile on Gabriel's face as he walked toward the old general. "Old man," Gabriel spoke with great enthusiasm as he approached, "what are the odds I was just thinking about how I needed company for a trip down to the market for some supplies."

Rafiq looked at the chipper young man with a stoic expression as he spoke, "If by supplies you mean alcohol I have better things to do besides facilitate your drunk escapades. I hear you have moved on to corrupting promising squire now."

"Come on old man its not like I am hurting anyone its all in good fun," the care free expression on Gabriel's face only reinforcing Rafiq's growing annoyance.

"I will go with you if you will refrain from talking about your personal activities, I have something I need to talk to you about anyway." a sigh escaped Rafiq as he turned to walk toward the gate to the city.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:26 am 

Depressingly Melancholy

King Ramsey Cailot / Rudiach Ivontoch

A falcon flies over the vast plains of southwestern Alderion. The cool morning air sent a refreshing chill across Ramsey’s face as he and a retinue of guards strode across the country on their warhorses. Two banner men flanked them with the Alderion green and white flags flapping in the wind with the sigil of an oak tree embroiled in white on the green background. The King’s guards are armed with bow and arrows and swords at their side to be ready for any threat.

The Kingom of Alderion pride itself over its cavalry expertise since it lacked the large and diverse standing armies of the other two Kingdoms. The great steppes further south were rich with horse culture and held grand annual steeplechases that immersed the lands around it to embrace the prestige of horse breeding and ranching. As agrarian as Alderion was it wasn’t without other enterprises that made it a power in the lands. To be the land’s bread basket Ramsey took it seriously to invest in a large merchant fleet to distribute Alderion’s exotic agriculture to other lands while it practically fed its neighbors albeit reluctantly. Ramsey had no love for his brothers and it sickened him that they got all the privileges instead of him. He was the forgotten brother. At the very first attempt to have ownership of anything when he came of age, he had his heart set on Alderion. It was more of a home to him than his father’s palace ever was. This was his Kingdom, his Alderion. And he would go to any means to defend it.

“Fall is near, your grace.” A weathered man with graying black hair spoke up as his falcon landed on his leather bound wrist.

“Indeed, Rudiach.” The King nodded. “The great harvest will be there with it.” Ramsey pulled on the reins to stop as did his retinue at the crest of the small hill overlooking a wheat field.

“Any reports from the border?” He inquired.

“It’s all quiet, has been for the past two fortnights, your grace.” Rudiach replied.

“Calm before the storm.” An old man in a hooded cloak opined. Ramsey nodded.

“We should use this time before feeding the bellies of our adversaries to prepare. If they’re dumb enough to bite the hand that feeds them, then they shall be greeted with Alderion steel when they come marching on our lands.” Ramsey swore then snapped the reins to get going again towards a nearby Hamlet to pay his subjects a visit.

I can hear what you're thinking, all your doubts and fears. And if you look in my eyes, in time you'll find the reason I'm here. And in time all things shall pass away in time, you may come back someday. You know your days are numbered. Count them one by one. Like notches in the handle of an outlaw's gun. You can outrun the devil if you try, but you'll never outrun the hands of time. In time, there'll surely come a day in time, all things shall pass away. In time, you may come back, some say. To live once more or die once more, but in time, your time will be no more.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:52 pm 

Medals: 3
Adaptive (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1)

King Alexander Cailot

Alexander woke up early that morning, The fire place in his room giving of a soft glow from the embers. So Alecander removed the very thick layer of fur blankets and got up. He walked towards the fire, only wearing he had gone to bed in. So this left the king rather exposed to the cold wind that whipped through even the tightest of buildings, the king felt this as he had only his underwear on. When a harsh cold wind blew through into the room, the young man shivered softly. But that didn't stop him from relighting the fire.

Once the fire was blazing again, the king went to his closest and put on his thickest clothing and thickest furs. Most of the furs he had were as white as his hair.

Many assumptions were made as why the king had such white hair, some say his mother was some kind of demon it witch, Or that he actually was the undead, but in truth it was cause his mother had white hair as well, she had it from some kind of curse that a witch put on her. Or st least that's what the young man was led to believe from stories he was told.

Though at the moment there was no time to waste on trying to figure out why he had white hair, he had a kingdom to run and brothers to crush. So he strolled to his door way and stuck his head out to find his guards. He sighed softly, he would rather stay in his room then deal with anyone. So he told the two, "one of you go get me my breakfast, the other go get the reports of the boards, the reports from the master of coin, and someone find the general and master of guards. I need to talk to both of them." Before either guard could react, Alexnader closed his door and went to his balcony. He thrust open the doors and stepped out, slowly walking to the railing the king looked down on the large walled city that he called home. Though as he turned to leave the view, the sun started to slowly rise over the mountains, bring a new day to Mekova.

Lili MacNill

Unlike the king and many of the citizens of Mekova, Lili was still awake. Though of course she did not spend the whole night reading a book, the young woman spent the whole night in bed with a woman she had picked up the night before.

Lili smiled devilishly at the woman who was awake with, though that was simply just to be playful. Then in a soft sweet like honey voice, Lili spoke. "Alright my dear, I'm sure we both have lots todo today. So I think this is where we must part ways, it was lots of fun. Maybe I'll see you later." She winked, before getting up and started to get dressed in her usual clothes. Which conside of mostly leather armour, and some furs. But her heavy furs were tucked away in her saddle bag, which were back at the castle.

As Lili left, the other woman blew a kiss to her before calling out. "I'll make sure to come see you at the castle some time!" The woman told Lili before she let out a small giggle.

Lili made the long walk back to the castle, though as she walked. She took in the amazing architecture that Mekove was known for, each house and shop something to behold. Though the castle was much more impressive then anything else, it was truly amazing.

Lili soon came to the castle gates, where two guards stood. They stopped Lili and looked her up and down, with a questioning look. "Who are you and what business do you have here?" The guard on the right asked, Lili let out a loud sigh. "I am Lili MacNill, I am the messager of the kings. I was just out for the night and now coming back." She said, one of the guards disappearing to go make sure her story checks out. Though once it was, Lili went right up to her room.

Lili saw Termagant, the loyal dragon steed. The girl walked over to the dragon and hugged her tightly. "Mmm good morning! How did you sleep?"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:37 am 

Still awaiting my easy button for life.

Skyler Machia walked out of her cottage and breathed in the fresh air. The only sounds in the early morning was the sound of the wind whipping and the faint crunch under her boots. Skye cursed herself as she walked towards her small stable. She was actually running late. She usually got up earlier to hunt. It was harder to find game up in the mountains, but that was why Skye loved it. When she approached the stables, she begs to untie Starks reigns, patting the horses neck. He was a young steed, a pure black mountain horse with a white nose. Skye had raised him from a foal, and as a result, he would let nobody ride him but Skye. Skye led him out of the stable and began to sadle him. She fastened te straps, making sure nothing was loose. She then mounted him and they sped off towards the castle.

The king had summoned her for a meeting that day. Skyler had no idea why. The messenger only said to meet him at the castle by morning. It wouldn't have been such a hastle if she had stayed in her room AT the castle. But sometimes she just liked to get away for a while. Noble life wasn't really her thing, and she wasn't much for crowds. Skyler tapped her heels into Starks sides and clicked for him to go faster. Skye was still wary of her king. He had been the one who had sent men after her, and now they were suposidly good friends. Skye snickered at the thought. Royalty and nobility couldn't be trusted. And the three kings were the worst. They were at war with each other, fighting against their own brothers. If you can't trust family to stay together, who can you trust?

Skye finally made it to the city, show proof of identification once again, though most of the guards recognize her by then. She stabled her horse and began to make er way towards the castle. Though it was early, merchants were already setting up shop. It was funny. It used to be that the only time Skye came into town was to steal. Skye did not stop to talk to anyone, her face focused on the task at hand. When she finally approached the front doors, the guards looked at Skye cautiously. "What's your buisness here, thief?" One of them asked tensly. "I'm here to answer a summons by the king." Skye answered in a clipped tone, showing him the message. The guard sneered but let her pass. She was greeted by a butler of some sort. He led her down a long hall and into a small room off to the sides. "The king will be with when he is awake." Said the man as he bowed out of the room. Skye turned and began observing everything.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:33 am 

Medals: 2
Original Character (1) December 2015 (1)

Termagant

Termagant spent the late hours of the previous night exploring Mekova’s valleys to the north of the kingdom. After her usual companion Lili had informed the dragon that she had to ‘take care of some business’, the beast decided that she too would spend the midnight cloaked sky away from the castle walls for a bit. Thick coal claws sinking into the sloping rock underneath her, she fumbled her way down to the very bottom of the harsh valley, sitting by the still water and rolling on her sturdy back to peer at the gleaming stars above. The dragon had to admit; at current, Mekova was a precious kingdom to her, mainly because the vast rocky terrain, in her eyes, connoted to her past home. If she listened carefully enough, she could almost hear the diaphanous, echoey calls of her dragon parents rebounding off of the rock, the cries of her ancestors which would go otherwise unheard, the soft pitter-patters of dragon offspring stumbling their way into a long, proud life. Though Termagant bore a soft spot for living life amongst Broken Rock Isle, the dragon reckoned this was as far as she was willing to go back. The mortal world now had a place for her; the Trinity gave her love, protection, a purpose; no longer a misfit, Termagant felt like family to the royals. And so, the creature rolled over to sit upright, straightened its back, and growled a dragon howl in the glorious name of King Gabriel. “I can’t believe six moons have already passed in your absence,” Termagant huffed, stretching out wide, velvety wings to soar back into the shining night sky.

As she flew back towards the castle, Termagant’s species granted her with night vision - a useful skill for a messenger and as a commute in urgent nighttime affairs. Staring out into the seemingly never-ending sky, she briefly reminisced on the time she spent with King Tryston, King Ramsey and King Alexander when they were all but cute, waddling, little baby princes. A vivid memory involved Gabriel allowing them to hop onto her back for a ride one evening. The dragon was new to the human world, and tenacious of how she should act, but the royal children instantly eased her nerves as they excitedly gripped onto a tied-on saddle. They merely glided a few metres above the grand castle rooftops, but by the time they had landed, the princes beamed in such an open, welcoming way that it brought warmth to Termagant’s initially cold reptile heart. It brought a strong sense of woe to Termagant as she realised that now, with three separate and agitated kingdoms, the three boys would perhaps never want to go for a ride together with her again. She wondered if they even remembered her and those golden times, when peace was at its peak to the point that even an intimidating looking dragon could find a home here! Ah, just like her dragon origins, such memories were now lost in the midsts of time, hidden in the corners of the family’s minds but all memories hoarded and treasured to the growing ancient that was Termagant.

Slipping into a wide open window of the upper castle walls, Termagant retired the night in Lili’s vacant room as to not disturb the rest of the building. The reddish brown creature snoozed eagerly, dreaming of past memories made animate like a theatre in her mind. When dull day skies rose upon Mekova, the dragon slept well into the morning, until she was gradually alerted to the sounds of Lili’s footsteps approaching the door. “Mornin’ Lili, dear - you’re glowing today. I suspect you had a good night?” A friendly smirk stretched across the dragon’s leather face as she propped up on her hind legs to give her messenger buddy a scaly hug, lightly nudging Lili at her remark. “I slept well, though you were probably too busy for sleepin’, hmm?” The dragon’s voice was gravelly yet not deep in tone, distinctly a husky female voice that she had developed over the years in learning the common tongue. As Lili went about the room, Termagant walked out of the door, peering about the increasingly stirring castle. “I sure hope they’ve good breakfast.” She dryly commented, feeling her gut growling. Being a royal pet, she could barely remember the last time she went out hunting like a normal dragon. ‘Aye,’ she thought, ‘I can’t go back to Broken Rock Isle, for sure. They’d think me a complete lazy ass.’

Last edited by turtleteapot on Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:53 pm 

Most Creative (1)

Gabriel

Just as the two neared the gate a young Iron Wolf walked up to them as Gabriel greeted him, "Morning kid, I am assuming this is about the king?" "Yes sir, the king requested General Hakim and your presence as soon as possible," the young man replied respect over taking pride. Gabriel merely clicked his tong in response before turning to one of the wolves at the gate and tossing them a bag of coins, "I expect some good wine in my room by the end of the day, and keep the change." After the short exchange he quickly turned and moved to catch Rafiq who was already moving toward the castle to find the king. 'No rest for the wicked I guess,' he thought as he caught up to Rafiq moving into a leisurely pace.

As Rafiq and Gabriel stopped in front of the doors to the kings chambers he made to speak to the two guard. This lasted only a moment however with Gabriel blowing past the guards and strait into the room. "Good morning your majesty, as beautiful as ever I see," Gabriel said with great enthusiasm in his voice and a smile on his face, "of what do you command of your humble servants," he finished the question with a faux bow.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:19 pm 

2nd Year (1)

King Alexander Cailot

The young king was seated at a desk that was pushed against a wall, though it had a large window to the right of it. So he could look over the city while he worked, though this did sometimes district the man from his work. On the desk Infront of Alexander was a stack of reports, his breakfast, and a few other Items that he would need, like a pen. Though when Gabriel burst his way into the room, the king didn't flinch. Instead he put his hand and one finger, telling the man to wait one moment. With the moment the king gave him self, he took a sip of his coffee. Only when the king put his cup down did he turn and look to Gabriel and Rafiq, he gave the men a smile. Then gestured to two chairs that he had waiting for them.

Though Alexander still didn't talk to them, he waited till the kingdoms Master of Coin had arrived and taken a seat with the men. Usually the king would call the whole counsel together when he wanted to talk matters of the kingdom, but today was different. He had to talk to just these three men, and once they were all seated he gave them another smile. Before he started to talk. "I've called you three here so early as I want to talk, though the others don't need to know of this meeting for the time being. Everything that is said here will not leave this room, I know the people love the army much more then I, but I won't hesitate to take any to the city square and cut your head off..." Alexander stared at the men coldly, his eyes slowly moving from Gabriel to Rafiq, then to Edward, the master of coin.

Once he was sure each one understood him, Alexander continued. "I want to know just what kind of military equipment we have available to us, how many men we have, how many men we have that protects the city. Finally I want every last piece of coin counted, once that is done I have something for you Rafiq. Once you report back on the men and equipment, I need to know what we need, and I need to know what kind of metals or whatever it is that we need to fully equipped everyone."

Lili MacNill

Lili gave a soft giggle as Termagant said that Lili was probably to busy for sleep. "Indeed I was to busy, though I think i should be good for the rest of the day. But do be a dear and catch me if I suddenly fall asleep while I walk." She laughed as she went to the dresser, pulling open the doors the girl looked through the few items of clothes she actually own. "Hmmm... What do you think Termagant? Should I dress in my usual clothes? Or shall I dress to turn heads as I walk?" Lili then pulled out a beautiful black dress that would hug her shape tight, though it still leaves much to the imagination. Her other set of clothing was her pair set of what she was already wear. Which was a pair of pants, a loose shirt, a long leather jacket that reached her knees, a pair of knee high boots, and her underwear. Though of course there was her leather armour that was sitting down at the bottom.

Lili laid the clothes down on her bed and tapped her cheek, did she really want to brother with even changing now? So Lili looked to Termagant, before saying. "Or maybe I should just stay in my clothes that I have on now?"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:45 pm 

Amaltheia

Amaltheia had woken early as she usually did; taking her time in her morning rituals was meditative, and helped calm her mind, which always made scrying easier. Bathing, dressing, pinning up her hair - all of these things were done in a deliberate, steady way. Finished with her morning ablutions, she set about her first task of the morning - scrying the king's younger brothers to make certain they were still well. She opened a case to reveal a small, polished silver bowl, perfectly smooth. Setting it on the table, she poured water from her ewer into it and waited for it to still. She hardly breathed as she leaned over the bowl, going into a trance-like state where the visions would come to her in the vessel before her.

It was half of an hour later when she roused, sitting back up and letting out a soft breath, coming back to herself. Both were well, which she would be glad to report to her own king. She stood and took the bowl to the plants in her window, watering them with the clear liquid before carefully drying it with a soft cloth and storing it away once more in its case.

She then walked quietly down the hall and tapped on the king's door to give her morning report, smoothing her skirt absently. She could hear the sound of him playing the violin, and enjoyed the music while she waited. She hoped he was in a decent mood today, knowing he had been sleeping little since the kingdoms had split. There was more than enough worry to go around, with the conflict between the three. A part of her wished things were simple as they had been when she'd been a child, and the brothers had run about while she was in lessons. If nothing else, though, her abilities had taught her that everything must change.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:29 am 

King Trystan

Hearing a knock on the door, Trystan's violin stopped. He looked to his clock and saw that it was precisely nine chimes. Right on schedule. Dropping the instrument and the bow, he spoke. "Come in Amaltheia." He said in a soft, yet authoritative tone. His voice held a natural tone of authority. Perhaps it came from babysitting the two younger boys so much when they were little. But in his entirety, he was as soft and adaptive as the water which he controlled.

He took a seat at his table that was set that morning for tea as it usually was for himself and Amaltheia so he could listen to her report. He took the liberty of pouring them each a cup whilst she came in and he dropped a couple of cubes of sugar into his own before stirring at it.

"How are you this morning?"

@Rethwyn

Seraphina Octavia

After sitting in the cold for approximately two hours with no takers for her wares, Seraphina sighed and began to pack up. But an idea struck her. What if she were to go sell near the castle? That seemed like a good plan. Wealthy noblemen hanging around, perhaps some guards in need of enchantments for their armor and weaponry... It was perfect. And she couldn't very well go home with nothing lest it be a wasted trip. A girl needed money to eat.

She hurriedly packed up her wares and headed off. Looking around as she got near the castle, she found an empty stand closer to the walls. "This seems like it will do." She began to set up shop again, but this time, another patron, one who was late had come along, and she didn't seem happy to see that someone had beaten her to her usual spot.

"Excuse me, but what do you think you're doing on my stand?"

Seraphina looked rather shocked. "I'm just preparing to sell me goods miss..."

((No one has given Seraphina any activity yet, and I wasn't sure if anyone would be game, so I just tagged the peeps I knew had characters in mekova currently.))

@Blackmarket Salesman @Goatboy19 @turtleteapot

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:53 am 

Amaltheia entered at his call, coming in and settling down at the table that had tea ready. "Thank you," she said with a smile when he poured. She added lemon to hers while he busied himself with the sugar. "I'm quite well, Trystan. Your brothers are well, also, so that's one less worry for the day. There's a storm brewing fairly near to here over the ocean, so we'll have some poor weather coming our way. I'll make certain a notice is sent out to the ships in the harbor so no one leaves port and heads straight into it." She nodded towards his violin. "Did you have trouble sleeping again?" She took a sip of her tea, leaning back in her chair as she studied him. She'd known him for a long time now, and worried about him with the added stress of his brothers both looking to fight for more. "Are you doing all right, Trystan?" He had to have been up as early as always. She wished there was more she could do to help. She suspected many were frustrated with the current state of affairs, though.

@Lewi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:30 pm 

Most Creative (1)

Gabriel and Rafiq

Rafiq merely ignored the insult to his honor and sat with a stoic expression mentally listing off their military assets in his head. Gabriel on the other hand smiled with an internal laugh before moving to speak, "the Iron Wolves currently have approximately 10,000 men, 100 or so are trained in magic, all of which are fully armed and equipped and either stationed here in the city as castle or town guard. About 150 of them are currently back in the desert looking for new recruits and taking small jobs to bolster our budget."

Shortly after Gabriel finished Rafiq spoke up to continue the brief, "The army currently stands at nearly 750,000, however with patrols and other basic needs of law and order only around 100,000 to 50,000 could leave their current stations even with minimal manning. Along with this only half of those men could march at this moment due to equipment that would need to be replaced, the supplies that would need to be mustered, and most of the armies siege equipment needs completely rebuilt due to weathering. I also need to know when would be the best time for Saladin to make the trip to the kingdom to meet with you about the trade agreements." As their reports ended Gabriel made to stand and pace the room, boredom getting to him, well Rafiq merely stayed in his seat with his usual stoic expression.

Rashid

The desert sands slowly dwindled and turned to soil and grass as Rashid walked the small road leading into Alderion on his pilgrimage west. The hood of his robes hid his features as he made his way toward one of the small border villages to rest for the night before continuing west. As he entered the town people seemed to ignore him and move about their days, from returning from the fields to beginning to close shop for the night, most ignored the robed man. One of the shop keepers making her way home, oblivious to her surroundings, bumped into him causing her to lose her footing and fall, loosing her grip on the basket of clothes in her hands. "Sorry, sorry I..." she was cut off as Rashid moved to begin gathering up the clothes she dropped merely smiling at her as he spoke, "It is fine, I should have been more aware of my surroundings."

As he handed her the clothes the woman beamed as she spoke, "Thank you, again sorry for running into I was just in a hurry and..." again she was stopped as he spoke up, "It is fine, though you should probably slow down life is two short to ignore its beauty as you rush about." The two stood and began walking together as they spoke.

Micheal

Micheal lay with small smile as he slept entangled in various sheets, thoughts of the night prior filling his thoughts as he slept. As the sun rose through the window and curtains the pile of sheets stirred as Micheal's rested form rose with a slight shiver from the cold air hitting his bare back. A yawn echoed through the small room while he moved to get out of the bed, suddenly stopping when he noticed the person missing from the room. Micheal quickly rose from the bed and moved to the door sticking his head out to see the guards standing their. "He left to run errands on the town and won't return till late tonight. Your effects should be in the room so please get dressed and leave," the guards words came out stiff as if they were rehearsed or had been said a hundred times before. Micheal simply sighed as he reentered the room and began getting dress, he understood the message loud and clear. 'Get your **** and get out' could almost be heard in place of the guards words. Micheal shook away the thoughts and put on his clothes before moving to leave.

Thoughts of the previous night continued to plague Micheal as he walked through the castle, unable to forget the night even after realizing how little it must have meant to Gabriel. 'Get over it, to him it was just another one night stand you heard the guards,' he stopped in front of the castle gates as he realized where he had walked, 'so why can't I just forget it.' Oblivious of his surroundings, being engrossed in his thoughts, Micheal walked right into a young Seamstress who seamed to be being harassed by another merchant.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:21 pm 

2nd Year (1)

King Alexander Cailot

Alexander listened to the men talk, including the master of coin with listed off how much hold they had at the moment and just how much was coming permonth. The total good count was more then enough to re-equip the men, and enough to rebuild about half of the siege equipment, which was less then what the king had hoped for. Once he had taken in all the men had to say, he gave a soft nod before speaking. "We won't be putting anything into action right away, I can't have my brothers catching on to what we are doing. With that said, I want the royal guards to help with the rebuilding of the siege equipment. Tell them we will give them double there pay for everyday they help with the rebuilding, but make sure it's all done in werehouses. Also if to many men say they will help, give them shifts. That way there will no fighting over who gets the pay, though if there is still fighting over who gets what shift, either dismiss them from rebuilding duty, or find someone else to take that shift." Alexander said to Gabriel, before he looked to Rafiq. "As for the army, start moving men slowly. We shall be making a move on Alderion, just to make sure that they won't cut our food if we attack my oldest brother. Thus this way we can still get some food from Trystan." Alexander took a breath and closed his eyes for a second, before responding to the last thing Rafiq said. "I would send Saladin a letter now, saying that the soon he can come the better."

The young king then turned around and picked up a letter with the royal seal on it, it was address to his eldest brother Trystan. "If one of you will to Lili's room and see if she is there, and if she is. Give her this, inside is a letter asking my brother for three thousand logs of there best wood, that should cover th siege equipment and leave us extras. But if you think we need more speak up now." He waited till someone either said something or not, then placed the letter on a small table that was infront of the three men. "I do have other things I have to see to. But I'll be calling for you three again before the day is through. So stay close to the castle if you can." Alexander said, before he stood up. "You three should get some breakfast by the way, that is if you haven't ate yet." He then went to the door, opening and walked out into the hallway. Leaving the men in his room.

The young king walked down the long hallway and down a stair case. He came to the next level of the castle and walked down the hallway again. He then opened one of the last doors that had a guard on either side of the door. Sitting inside the room was Skyler Machia, the woman he had called to the castle. Alexander walked into the room and sat down in a chair, he looked to Skyler smiled. "Hello Lady Machia, do you know why I have called you here today?"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:16 am 

Depressingly Melancholy

King Ramsey Cailot / Rudiach Ivontoch / Sheriff Roscoe of Glennvale

The little Hamlet of Glennval was like any other small farming community: quaint, rustic, modest and everyone knew each other and most of all they’re among the most loyal to their king and to their homeland.

“Good mornin’, your grace.” A burly man accosted Ramsey and his retinue. “Good morning, indeed Sheriff Roscoe.” The King dismounted to shake the Sheriff’s hand for he wasn’t fond of people bowing to him, he preferred a different formality altogether. Rudiach and the hooded figure followed along on foot leaving the bannermen to stand guard outside the town center.

“We have been worried about the growing tensions between Mekova and Linloch and I had to personally dig into my own coffer to train additional watchmen at the border.” Roscoe spoke over a cup of tea and fresh baked biscuits. “We’ve been apprised of the situation at the border, Sheriff. I’ve doubled the patrols to the northern border last week.” Rudiach assured him. “Perhaps the Sheriff would like to be reimbursed? Why didn’t you send for funds from the master of coin?” Ramsey’s tone hid a hint of agitation at the thought the master of coin was pulling the purse strings too tight.

Roscoe’s mouth moved as to say something but was having difficulties finding the words because he knew he was tempting the King’s worst temperaments. “We do not want to burden Alderion’s reserves. We are an agrarian Kingdom, your grace. We don’t exactly have lucrative markets like the rest.” His words were like nails on a chalk board to Ramsey at the thought his only inheritance and his true home was nothing more than a poor farming country. Alderion was much more and he was going to prove it.

“You’ll be surprised at the revenue we get annually from trading with our…”brethren” to the north and west.” Ramsey scoffed at the idea of Trystan and Alexander was anymore brotherly than a petty thief or highway man that hang on the city gallows. “The trade partners we have across the sea have been generous with their deals. I assure you, Sheriff. Alderion’s expenses should be the least of your problems.”

A hooded ranger in forest garb approached Rudiach to give him a rolled up parchment and exited as soon as he entered. The ranger master unfurled the parchment and tried to read it then sighed. He muttered something about getting old and retrieved a pair of spectacles from his pouch to read the writing. After a moment he cleared his throat, knowing everyone was waiting for him to say something. “What is it?” Roscoe spoke up. “I have a contact in the north and they spotted Termagant flying about in Mekova.” Rudiach replied and crumpled up the parchment. “We may have a dragon problem if Alexander has a tantrum.” He said.

“She always had a soft spot for the little bastard.” Ramsey bit into a biscuit bitterly. "What else?"

"Large armament shipments and large training camps have reported which leads to one conclusion. Invasion."

I can hear what you're thinking, all your doubts and fears. And if you look in my eyes, in time you'll find the reason I'm here. And in time all things shall pass away in time, you may come back someday. You know your days are numbered. Count them one by one. Like notches in the handle of an outlaw's gun. You can outrun the devil if you try, but you'll never outrun the hands of time. In time, there'll surely come a day in time, all things shall pass away. In time, you may come back, some say. To live once more or die once more, but in time, your time will be no more.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:21 pm 

King Trystan

Amaltheia was one of the few people allotted with the privilege of calling Trystan by his first name. They'd known each other since they were mere children, and even though her brother's had too, she was closer to Trystan's age, therefore they'd clicked more as friends than her relationship with the other two.

Upon hearing that his brothers were well, he visibly relaxed a bit. He took a sip of his tea whilst he mulled over the situations between the two. If he knew his brothers, Ramsey wouldn't strike unless provoked, and Alexander would be the first to make a move because of that temper of his. If he had to choose on which one Alexander would strike at first, he would choose Ramsey because he'd then be able to cut off food supply. It wouldn't be that hard for him to receive food should he do that, however. They had the sea which was abundant in fish for them to eat, and if they had to, they could import the things that Alderion offered from the trading posts across the seas.

"I did have trouble sleeping..." he admitted, "And I am alright for now. Just had a lot on my mind. It's been quiet for some time now, and if I know my little brother as well as I think I do, that screams trouble. At least when we were children, silence meant he was doing something he wasn't supposed to be." He told her as he took another drink of tea.

"What are the current reports with the guard?" He asked wishing to know what the numbers were like and what they were doing.

@Rethwyn

Seraphina Octavia

Seraphina stumbled when she was walked into, and turned. She offered a sheepish smile feeling that she'd been in the way. Perhaps it had been a bad idea to come here... It seemed she was agitating everyone around and causing a disruption. The people at the other stands around were beginning to give her looks for setting up in another, familiar merchant's stand, and they were also waiting to see if a fight would break out.

"O-oh...I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to get in the way..." she spoke to Micheal before turning to the woman harassing her, "Look, I just want to sell my wares the same as you do, and this stand wasn't reserved for anyone."

The woman glared still not happy about having her spot taken. "I set up here every day. And I haven't ever seen you around these parts, get back to the lower half of town where the common filth belongs."

@Blackmarket Salesman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:34 pm 

Amaltheia

"He always did get into mischief," Amaltheia agreed with a hint of wry amusement. She took a sip of tea, going over the numbers and placements of the guards, before reporting them. "Is there anything else you would like me to scry on?" She could just as easily take a look at what either brother was up to. She often looked in on their own borders as well, to make sure things were still secure. "It seems as if things become tenser every day. I've been hearing reports that something is brewing. I just haven't heard what, yet. People are nervous, especially those that travel between realms. The merchants especially have been changing their minds on whether to stay in one place or continue trade as they have." She shook her head, giving her tea a stir, and looked into her cup contemplatively. "It's difficult to prepare for uncertainty." She looked over at him again. "You know your brothers better than I. What do you think they will do? Is it safe to keep the borders so open?"

@Lewi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:24 am 

Medals: 2
Original Character (1) December 2015 (1)

Termagant

Termagant snorted a burst of laughter, folding her wings upward as her muzzle touched the floor to produce an over the top, purposefully dramatic bow. “I’m here to serve, Lili dear.” Raising her head back to her human messenger companion, Lili inquired about a choice in clothing. The creature tilted her head at the various options, more confused and just as initially indecisive as her friend was. “Humans have it tough; I thought I had it bad, having to tend to my scales,” she scratched a claw at her scaly skin, briefly polishing a section of the burnt umber surface before continuing, “...Though I suppose we are going to talk to royalty today, so they may appreciate the formal attire.” She motioned her jagged head toward the dress. It would suit her nicely, Termagant thought, before walking to the castle window and peering into the distance. Life had started to breathe into town, various stalls lighting up and the sounds and smells of hard work wafting through the morning air. Although somewhat gloomy, it seemed like a decent day for Mekova, and the ever growing cravings of breakfast became apparent to the creature’s growling belly.

Termagant frowned at the thought of a particular food she had desperately been craving. “That’s it, Lili - I am going on a quest to determine if any of the stands ‘ere have any of the nice Alderion pudding that I’ve not had in ages! Get dressed, and I’ll come and find you when justice has been delivered,” the dragon smiled, humour glimmering in her emerald eyes as her morning wits started to liven. Before her partner could respond, she opened the lock and bursted through the large open window once more, sailing carefully down to the castle gates. Guards and castle workers of the like didn’t pay much attention to it; Termagant’s name was now well familiar over the many years of her travels amongst the three kingdoms. Many anticipated the scratching sounds of claws hitting the ground, the faint crackles and pops of her joints and heavy bones as she stretched her padded limbs forward to walk, the soft growl of a dragon eager to eat her favourite human food. Her eyes beamed as a line of stalls came into view. “Let’s see if anyone is selling some foo-”

“-get back to the lower half of town where the common filth belongs.” A stranger’s voice cut through her musings, her head darting to the direction of the noise. It seemed a scene was beginning to unfold, featuring a distressed seamstress, an angered woman, and a young, lost-in-thought squire boy who had just stumbled into the situation. Termagant sighed, taking assertive steps toward the trio. “Is there a problem here, ladies, young lad? I don’t think the castle would be very pleased with an early morning riot.” The dragon’s deep voice hummed, swaying side to side as she looked down to eye each of them. About the size in height of a smaller horse, it didn’t require much effort to view them. “Don’t mean to intrude on your little quarrel, but I’m in a bit of a hurry here - does anyone happen to have some pudding on them?” Lowering her tone carefully, she leaned into the group as though exposing a worthy secret. “It satisfies my cravings for human flesh...” She snickered, gave a cheeky wink to the seamstress as she’d seen witty, mortal charmers practise, and sat upright to observe and perceive the group’s response. Of course, the creature hadn’t dared eaten a single human for most of her existence, but being a clunky, imposing, sharp and toothy creature did have certain connotations that the dragon liked to use to her advantage - and daresay, entertainment - once in a while. Especially without Lili to correct her otherwise.

Last edited by turtleteapot on Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:10 pm 

Most Creative (1)

Micheal

Micheal's day just seemed to be going from bad to worse, first that bastard tosses him aside like some common trash and now he had gone and walked right into what seemed to be the start of a fight between two merchants. He had made a step toward the merchant to put an end to the woman's childish fit over a public spot when he was interrupted by what he assumed was the dragon the royals kept around as a pet. 'I can't tell if it is asking for a knight to put it down or if it really is that stupid,' he was dumbstruck that this glorified carrier pigeon would have to audacity to threaten not only a squire but a noble, even if he was from a less renowned house, in front of the castle. "Do you have a death wish or something. Threatening a noble in the middle of the city square is not something that is just ignored," the dragon had never directly threatened anyone but in his current state the suggestion behind the dragon's words was all that was needed to set him off. As he gripped his sword pulling it and its sheath down slightly in a manner to be ready to draw an Iron Wolf from a nearby patrol moved to find out what was going on and put an end to the fight before it could start.

Gabriel and Rafiq

"I'll have some of the reserve set up shop in a few warehouses in the lower districts. I am sure everyone will enjoy the extra spending money and don't worry about fighting, my men are born soldiers not just some two bit mercs they will get the work done as fast as possible," with his words Gabriel stood and made his way out of the room closely followed by Rafiq who had merely given a quick statement of understanding after the king finished. As the two walked down the hall Gabriel spoke up, "Ready for some action old man?" his words fell on deaf ears however as Rafiq ignored him in favor of his thoughts on what would come in the following months. 'Can't take the stick out his ass for one day it seems,' Gabriel thought as he left Rafiq and headed toward his room to send a runner to inform the reserve captain of his men's new orders.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:12 pm 

King Trystan

Trystan knew his brothers. They had changed over the years, but he felt he could still read them decently enough to predict certain reactions out of the two of them. He knew his littlest brother was looking for conquest. However, Ramsey would likely be content left to his own in Alderion as long as he wasn't provoked. He had to play his cards carefully lest he get swept straight into the center of the whirlpool they were creating.

"I don't fear any sort of unannounced attack on us from either of them. Alexander is loud and proud, and Ramsey is at least civil. However, if it will make my people feel more comfortable, we'll tighten security on the borders. Alert the builders that I would like a security wall build on our jungle side, and that I want watch towers at key intervals. There will be one way in and one way out from that direction. If my brothers want to play this game of fear tactics, then I must do what I can to make my merchants and subjects feel comfortable."

He didn't use a stirrer, he simply waved his finger over his cup of tea and a miniature vortex was created in the liquid stirring it for him as he stared off into space thoughtfully. After a moment's silence, he spoke again."What about the pirate situation? Has that been dealt with yet?"

He paused as another thought hit his mind. "What about those people who've been coming into the city from the desert? What did they call themselves? Zoneys or something? They come from around Mekova, can you scry on them for me?

@Rethwyn

Seraphina Octavia

Seeing things were about to turn ugly, Seraphina stepped into the fray more than she already was. She gathered the last of her belongings and held them in her arms looking to the apparent nobleman who'd just decided to threaten the huge dragon who seemed to appear out of nowhere. She moved in between the two knowing the dragon had only made a friendly joke, and she spoke.

"Let's not get rash now...she was only teasing...." The woman still stood there looking very angry. "I will just get my things and leave and we can look over this entire mess." She spoke to the group around her trying to solve the problem that she inadvertently created.

@Blackmarket Salesman @turtleteapot