All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:44 pm 

Sort of back.

Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)
Blog: View Blog (59)

6:30 PM

That summer night was almost suffocatingly hot. The air was heavy, and signs of an upcoming storm were starting to be felt in the air. The soft rumble of distant thunder could be heard, and the air had started to give out the soft scent it often did when rain was about to come.

While the scent was soft, the rain that followed it was anything but. It was a heavy summer rain, the kind of rain capable of flooding any place after just a while.

And that was exactly what it did. Roads started to quickly become impossible to travel. Animals started crossing the road at some points, startled by the storm. Thunder and lightning accompanied the rain. One strike of lightning caused a tree to fall, cutting traffic at one part of the road.

For all the people who happened to be outside that night, it seemed like they would have to find shelter and wait it out.

A girl who drove a car north had planned to continue her trip at least until she could find a small hotel or some home where she could crash for the night. Her car, however, seemed to have other plans, as it decided to break down just a few feet away from a shabby-looking, apparently abandoned, house.

After trying to start it a few times - in vain -, the young woman murmured a curse and stepped out of her car. She looked up at the sky, and decided that she might as well enter the house and hang out there for a while.

Picking up the contents of her car, the young woman made two trips in the house. Only after the second one did she really stop to look at the place. Looked like an old inn, and it was obviously abandoned. Wondering if the place was structurally sound, the brunette decided to take a look around the first floor, not bothering to move her things out of the way.

It wasn't like there was anyone else in the house, after all.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:14 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

6:40 PM

Staring at the tree that had fallen across the road, the young man wiped the strands of hair that had fallen in front of his eyes away. He noted his hands were shaking and made a dedicated effort to still them. "Bells and Brimstone," he muttered, shivering slightly, "glad I saw that." Still, if the weather was this bad, even if he could find an alternate route up, he didn't want to risk being up in the mountains if it got worse.

Back in the truck, he managed to get it turned around, and drove down the road, watching for some sort of building, or any kind of structure that looked like it would hold up for the night. Finally, after a near miss involving a startled deer, he was out from under the canopy the trees made, and caught glimpse of a house with faded blue paint. There was a car near it, but it looked more like it had simply stopped moving, rather than having been parked there. So probably not an owner, but... A crack of thunder made him flinch, and decided the matter for him. Driving up closer to the house, he parked his truck about ten feet from the door.

Turning off the truck, and slinging his backpack over his shoulder, he slid out of his vehicle. Making sure the door shut behind him and that he had his keys in his pocket, he went to the door of the building. Knocking, hopefully loud enough that anyone inside would hear him, he waited a few moments. At the continuing silence, he shrugged, trying the door handle, only slightly surprised when it turned and the door opened. Stepping inside, he eyed the items on the floor by the door, then the board behind the desk, which held keys.

"An inn, huh?" He mumbled to himself, looking further down the hall as he closed the door behind him. It would probably be a good idea to make sure the place wasn't about to fall down around his ears before bringing in any of his stuff. That, and that the person who obviously got here before him wasn't going to freak out about him being here. Or any number of less than pleasant possibilities. Clearing his throat nervously, he called, "Hello? Somebody else in here?"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:37 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

6:49 PM

With her hair sticking to her face, the young women marched on, wanting to get to somewhere to dry off, and then finish her journey in the morning. She was shivering from the cold, and the fact that her clothes were soaked. It didn't help that she wasn't extremely practically dressed, she hadn't really anticipated walking in such terrible weather. In fact, she hadn't really anticipated much, she had just supposed that she would take things as they came, and then solve problems as she ran into them. That hadn't exactly worked as well as she could have hoped for.

Her journey had started out fine enough. She had managed to catch a ride out of the city, and she was on her way to new and better places. That is, until her ride started getting a bit handsy. She had thought that it was a brilliant idea to just punch the guy in the mouth, and then walk the rest of the way.

To be perfectly fair, then the rain hadn't started yet when she got out of the car, in fact, it started only seconds ago, soaking her to the bone in that short time span. Had she known that this was what she signed up for when she exited the car, she would have stayed and just told him to keep his big, greasy hands to himself. Now she had landed herself on a long, seemingly endless, road, with the ominous sound of thunder in the background. Honestly, sometimes she thinks that her mom might've been on to something, when she had that she never thinks anything through.

She had just started cursing at everything and nothing, mostly nothing, she was in the middle of nowhere after all, when she spotted an old house of sorts. It looked like something that could tumble to the ground, just by someone standing outside and blowing at it, but it was her only hope for a somewhat dry night. It also comforted her to see two cars in front of the house. One of them was neatly parked, whereas the other had clearly just broken down. She just hoped that this would mean other people, because she never really liked staying at any place too long, without having other people around. She was highly social, and she needed interaction with other people.

Feeling slightly better off, she started moving towards the house, even having it in herself to smile a bit. Even if the cars belonged to no one, and the house was abandoned, she would at least get the opportunity to change into something dry, and get somewhere to stay for the night, which was what she wanted the most out of this.

The door opened smoothly for her, which was surprising, because it seemed like no one had been in the house for ages. The woman ran a hand through her hair, looking around at house from the inside. It seemed like an old, abandoned inn, which would probably mean a lot of rooms, and hopefully a bed or two. Maybe this was just wishful thinking, but she allowed herself do dream for a bit. "Hello, is anyone here?" she called out, wanting to know if the owners of the cars were in here.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:03 pm 

6:55

The rain hadn't even been on the horizon when the girl had started out on her ten mile trail ride. It was stupid, maybe the whole idea was stupid, moving here, thinking she could pull this off. Some dream, getting lost in the woods then dropped on her but when Rose spooked at something that was hopefully not lethal. If she wasn't damp when she hit the ground she was certainly soaking now.

The skies had grown dark enough to be confused for night despite the day's early hour. She knew her mom wasn't going to be over til tomorrow, at least rose wouldn't be stuck with a wet and ruined saddle on her back all night. If she could just find a landline she could get a ride home.

She finally broke through the woods and found herself facing the back of what appeared to be a very large house. It was run down and maybe blue in color, at least what paint is left seems blue. Or grey. She trudged through it her combat books squishing in the water logged grass. So far her neighbours were fairly nice. The old lady several miles down the road from her had made the trek to come say high and even her closest neighbour, Old Man Jenkins who lived a mile away from her, said he wouldn't shoot her if he saw her. She took that as a friendly sign.

Coming around the front of the house she realized it was in fact an inn and appeared to have occupants if the car in the front said anything. She climbed the steps and looked for any other signs the building was open for business. There weren't any but noting said it was closed either. She pushed the door open and went up to the front desk. No one there but that didn't surprise her, neither was there a bell to ring. Peering over the edge of the desk she tried to look to see if there was anyone in the back but the building was dark.

"Hello? Are you open?" She called out to the silence.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:03 pm 

Wandering through uncharted space...

Location: Canada... Somewhere in the North of Kere's Domain...
Medals: 6
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)
1st Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (3)

7:00PM

Gabriel was driving down the dirt road on his way through town. The weather was turning worse by the minute and he considered pulling over, but voted against it deciding that if he carried on he could clear the storm. He popped the cap on a monster and began drinking when he saw the water up ahead. At first he though it was just a puddle until he was close enough to see that it stretched right across the street and then went on as far ahead as he could see. Spluttering and nearly choking he slammed on the brakes and swerved slightly on the slippery surface.

His rather fancy car skid to a stop and he shuddered to think of how close to driving right into that he'd come. He felt the dripping wetness on his hand and looked down. He had spilled a good bit of his monster all over himself. Thank god for dark clothing he thought as he set the now sticky can down in the cup holder and shook out his hand to get most of liquid off before rubbing it on his shirt.

Sighing he threw the car in reverse and proceeded to get himself out of the middle of the road. Once turned around he remembered the somewhat abandoned house a few minutes down the road and drove to it. Arriving at the house at 7:00pm on his clock he turned off the obnoxious noise that bled right out into the night announcing his presence. He parked next to the other cars and wondered why the house had been abandoned before and now it wasn't. Shrugging he got out and rummaged in the back seat until he had his snacks, drinks and weapons in his duffle bag. He slung the bag over his shoulder and beeped his car before heading up tot he house.

This isn't creepy at all, he thought to himself. Not like I'm in a horror movie or anything. He pushed open the door and entered the room looking around, "so anyone else feel like their in their very own scary movie yet?" he asked mostly to himself. Gabriel was a typical goth in the sense that he wore a lot of balck, had long black hair and tended to be just creepy as a guy. However, he was also a coward and tended to say random things that were comedic a lot of the time when he was scared. He was really scared right now.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:55 am 

Owner

Medals: 14
Villain of the Month (2) Original Character (1)
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)

6:00pm

Another glance down at his watch, another swear was uttered from his lips as he waited for the person on the other end of the line to pick up.

“John!” his voice curt and filled with barely controlled excitement. “Don’t let them leave the office!”

He paused to listen to his assistant, the man disgusted him with his lack of back bone and stammering nature, but he was reliable and eager to please his boss, which is what made Peter keep him around.

“Look I don’t give a **** if they want to leave! They are not going anywhere until they hear my proposal and sign the contract,” he looked at his watch, yet again, then held the phone away from his face so that he could berate the driver better.

“HEY! BUDDY! CAN YOU PICK IT UP PLEASE! YOUR SLOW ASS IS COSTING ME MORE MONEY THAN YOU WILL LIKELY EVER SEE IN YOUR ENTIRE LIFE!” he shook his head at the lack of professionalism with some people. “IF YOU CAN GET THE LEAD OUT I WILL MAKE SURE THERE IS AN EXTRA HUNDRED IN YOUR CHECK,” he held the phone back to his face though his next words were still directed at the driver. “I’m sure that will help you get off of food stamps or whatever.”

John had been whining at him while he dealt with the driver and so now, he tuned it. “SHUT THE **** UP! Ok?” He cut the pleas off from his assistant and looked at his watch yet again, “I will be there in like two hours. I don’t care what you do or what you have to say to them, but you keep them there. Understand? If they are gone by the time I get there, you can kiss your job goodbye along with any hope of getting another job in the foreseeable future. Understand?”

A cruel smile came to his lips as he nodded, “Good. Now, go do your job. Oh and make sure you buy…um…whatever her name is a gift or something. I think it’s her birthday or our anniversary? Or some kind of nonsense, but just get her something pretty, expensive and tell her that I’m going to want a blowjob when I get in. Don’t care what she is doing when I get there, but that is what I expect.”

No farewell or signoff was given, instead the call was ended and he was met with the flashing of the low battery indicator. “Great! Where the **** is the phone charger? Hey, you, driver I’m looking for my phone charger? You seen it?” when the driver didn’t answer or look back he snapped his fingers. “Hey! Hellooo! I’m paying you not to be an butthole to me. Now where is my phone charger? Did you steal it?”

The accusation was enough to get the man to avert his eyes from the road and look at Peter in the rear view mirror, “No sir. I’ve not seen it. Did you check the floor?”

“The…the floor? Are you serious?” he grumbled, though he did start to reach about on the floor. “Your attitude is not needed in this situation. Not at all. You wonder why you are only a lowly driver?” he asked though he did not expect nor want an answer from the man.

It was about this time that the driver opted to turn about in his seat, ready to let his “boss” have it, when Peter looked out ahead and saw the deer.

“LOOK OUT!” he shouted, the driver reacted, swerved and they ended up hitting a tree.

6:05pm

His head hurt and the world just felt off. A noise, the sound of the horn as it went off without seemingly an end.

“What the…?” he started to question only to stop when he noted that the driver seemed to be in the process of trying to free himself from driver seat. “Hey…where are you going?”

“To get help, sir.” A lie, but Peter had no idea if that was the truth or not and was content to believe the man despite how much he had just insulted him. “Stay with the car.”

Then he was gone and Peter was just left in the car on his own.

7:00pm

“That butthole is not coming back!” he swore under his breath and got out of the car into the pouring rain. A look up and down the road then he headed off in the direction the driver had gone. With any hope he would run into the bastard and give him a piece of his mind before he fired him.

7:10pm

Soaked to the bone and clutching his briefcase for all that it was worth, he spotted a house with some cars parked in front. Not another thought was spared or given as he trudged right up to the door and basically burst into the dwelling. There stood a gathering of misfits that he would push past on his way to the counter, if they did not move.

“HELLO!” he shouted to try and find someone who worked here, his fist brought down three times to try and drum up some attention. “You guys just going to stand there or is there like a maid or whatever on their way to get rooms ready for us?” he asked those gathered about, already he regretted that he left his car. The backseat along probably cost more than the whole place, not even counting the vagabonds that had gathered within with the purpose, what he assumed to be getting out of the storm.

"Any fool can write. It takes a genius to read"~Dadsky.
"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:00 pm 

Out of Hiatus! (:

The sky gave a warning rumble, the first signs of a storm brewing amongst the darkened clouds. That combined with the midsummer heat pounding down onto the earth created a wicked sting of humidity. One that was best avoided if possible. Apollo flexed his fingers underneath his fingerless gloves, tightening the straps on his wrists as he prepared to set off. The cracked pavement glistened with a sheen of crystal droplets, signaling rain had begun to fall. The man checked his watch, 6:50 PM, the post office was about half an hour away, if he’s lucky he might be able to outrun the showers.

Today isn’t his lucky day however.

Midway through the trip the rain has him soaked, his jacket is hugging his flesh for scraps of warmth and the wheels of his motorcycle slap against every puddle. Lightning illuminates the way every few minutes before the sky blackens once again, it’s dangerous but he’s gone too far to stop now. His engine lets out a rumble and Apollo frowns bringing down his hand to stroke at the metal softly, that couldn’t have been a good sign. Gradually his speed starts to decrease and now he’s getting worried, what in the world is going on? His eyes skim toward his speedometer and sees his fuel through the corner of his eye, the little arrow is all the way down pointing pitifully at the red bar.

Eyes nearly popping out of his head Apollo almost narrowly avoids hitting stray branch on the road in his shock, this can’t be right he had more than half a tank before he came and no way his trip would of taken up so much gas, there had to be a leak somewhere. The man groaned and pulled over onto a dirt patch, the road was empty and he had no idea where the nearest gas station was. His eyes caught a small path leading up to what could be a property, a house somewhere maybe? Asking for help would be his best shot, and he couldn’t wait by the side of the road in this weather. With a sigh he began treading down the path wheeling his bike along with him.

7:15

At first glance he would’ve figured he made the wrong decision, the house is old and seemingly unlivable but as he approaches the noise coming from the place and the cars parked outside tell him otherwise. Maybe he could get help after all. He parks his motorcycle a few ways away and slings his backpack over his shoulder, walking hesitantly towards the building. His instincts are telling him this is a bad idea but he can’t see any other options. As he approached the door he could see the figures of people gathered around, they didn’t seem to be the tenants of the house, maybe this place was some sort of inn? Either way he hung by the door and carefully observed his surroundings, mapping out any possible exits and seeing if anyone was exhibiting suspicious behavior. It seemed they where all waiting to check in some more impatiently than others. Apollo clutched his wallet in his pocket absentmindedly, he was glad he brought some cash this place doesn't look like they accept cards but whatever, he would wait his turn. If this place was even still in service that is.

| My Listing || Character Profiles |

Availability | +
Out of hiatus!
Available most days of the week

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:58 am 

6:45 pm.
An engine growled low, barely audible above the pouring rain that drummed on top the roof of an old 1987 Dodge pickup truck. The trailer behind it rattled like any other would and the navigation system, that to all due credit had been the perfect guide just hours earlier, now played like a broken record. 'Rerouting... Rerouting... Rerouting...' Though annoying it made Bo chuckle for it was a fitting chorus to today's symphony. Still, it didn't take him long to give into frustration as he pulled one hand from the wheel and turned off the device.

Without warning the radio was interrupted by a piercing static sound that made its way through the truck like a lightning bolt. Shock coursed through his chest and down his shoulders as Bo involuntarily gave a jerk at the steering wheel. He could feel the tires slip, pavement making way for soggy soil as he tried to correct the mistake. Behind his truck and in response the trailer swooned dangerously and pulled them further onto the slope that found itself next to the road. Not caring much for disappearing in between the tree's and into the gaping darkness to his right, Bo did the only other thing he could do. His short, brown leather boot stomped down on top of outer right pedal and a grinding sound rose up out of the back of the truck as the vehicle slid along a few more feet before coming finally coming to a halt. Bo had never suffered from high blood pressure, not medically at least, but if they were to test him at that moment the results would've gone through the roof.

The clock on his radio told him it was only 6:54 pm, not late enough for dusk to start settling in, but the dark clouds that loomed in the sky didn't seem to care much for the proper order of day and night. He opened the door and crawled outside, taking a moment marvel at how far his boots dug into the dark brown earth. Truck and trailer,- the latter looking a little lopsided,- seemed to have fared no different, positioned at right angles to each other they looked to be rather reluctant upon having to move any further. Even if he could manage to prevent the tires from sinking deeper into the mud, one of them would topple over and fall down the slope. It was clear to him that he needed help. The old cell phone he had,- one that had neither color nor touch screen,- beeped tauntingly, capital letters boldly stating 'No Signal' as if it was playing some form of sick joke on him.
Bo reached over the driver's seat and pulled out a duffle bag and a cowboy hat. "If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is to stop digging." He murmured, it was an old saying he had learned from his grandfather. The thought of having to sleep in the truck at night didn't bother him and it might have been a better idea to wait out the storm, but he would have to get out and find someone eventually. With the weather they were having he doubted anyone else would venture outside any time soon and the last place he had seen someone was a good few miles back. Having made sure his truck was properly locked he decided to press forwards, theoretically if he was to follow the road it should lead him somewhere useful, or so he reasoned.

7:15 pm.
After a while he noticed a small path, concrete pavement making way for a dirt road that had the potential to confirm his theory. Bo rubbed his arms, more out of habit than against the cold. He didn't usually bring coat, today had been no exception and even though he did wear the cowboy hat and a pair of faded blue jeans with a bootcut, it provided little protection against the rain. In all honesty and with a little bit of exaggeration, it felt as if more water was in the process of soaking him to the bone, than there was falling out of the sky. Even when squinting his eyes he could see no further than 50 feet through the frog-strangling weather that obscured his vision, when at last he could see the outlines of a building. It seemed he still had a bit of luck left after all.

As Bo got closer he did a quick inspection of building, at first glance it didn't seem to be suited for habitation yet that conclusion was betrayed by the vehicles that found themselves on the 'property'. Moving towards the entrance he noticed Apollo first, a smile edged the corners of his mouth while he took place next to the man. His eyes scanned the entrance hall and the people that were gathering in it, making note of the register counter he concluded the building had once served as a hotel. With emphasis on 'had once'.

"Lovely weather we're having, don't you agree?" Bo's voice held a deep ring and a light Texan accent. The sentence was directed at Apollo more than anyone else, but it wasn't an attempt to exclude others, frankly, it was because the man was closest to him.

Last edited by Loralyda on Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:47 pm 

Sort of back.

Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)
Blog: View Blog (59)

Marianne was still busy in checking out the house when someone else entered the place. By now, the brunette was sure it was an abandoned inn. She hadn't gotten a chance to go up the stairs yet - or even to check if they were sound. But the first floor looked okay, if old and dusty.

When people started arriving - apparently she hadn't been the only one to be in the area and think of the house for shelter -, Marianne was checking the kitchen. She could hear voices, and people coming in, but nobody seemed to be walking around like she was. Maybe they had been thinking about whether or not they would stay?

After some exploring around the kitchen for something that could be used to cook - a night in there seemed very likely -, the girl finally went back to the entrance area, a large frying pan in one hand. Standing there, she started counting the people. Wow. There were many more than she had expected. Looked like everyone had decided to be around the area on that night, of all nights.

"Nobody told me we were having a party", the girl couldn't keep herself from commenting. "Answering what I could understand from the questions there... Looks like this place is dead, so I guess we can all crash around? You, sweetheart", she carried on, pointing at Peter with her pan, "can find a place for yourself if you want to sleep here, nobody will babysit you".

Her gaze went to Gabriel. "As for you... if you are right about the scary movie thing, maybe one of us is a mad killer. I guess we'll find out while we sleep". After this comment, the girl laughed and moved to the counter, leaving her pan there and leaning down to collect her things. "Now, for real, my car just broke down not too far from here. What happened to you all?", she inquired curiously. "Looks like everyone and their mothers decided to be outside when the storm struck".

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:12 pm 

7:30
The occupants of the house seemed to be having a good old time. Nathan's own car had broken down after a particularly insane hydroplaning event on the road behind the inn. Marianne had just given her adress to the current occupants of the house when Nathan emerged from the treeline about 100 meters away. He couldn't see their parked cars through the ungodly rain currently freezing his ill-prepaired body. His superboy tshirt was plastered to his chest by the liquid bullets.

When he finally reached the back porch of the inn. Nathan tried the door, and was genuinely heartbroken when it didn't open.

"Oh come on, it's abandoned. It's supposed to be earily unlocked." He hadn't had much luck tonight. The only house he stopped at to ask for directions an old man threatened to shoot him on the spot. He took that as a bad sign.

He squinted through the darkness and icy downpour. A couple feet to his right a window taunted him. 'come on mate. No.' He started a mental conversation with himself. 'But nobody's inside.' 'This is the third most illegal thing you've ever done.' 'It'll be fine. Should have grabbed the tazer.' Without further debate with himself he walked over to the window. It slid conveniently open. He hefted himself off the ground and through the window. Once he entered he caught only the last of the murmured conversation Marianne had started. He couldn't exactly register that it was more people. In fact our sad little dork here kind of freaked. He flailed a bit, likely causing a lot of commotion. He finally fought himself free, falling onto the floor and feeling around simply to add a third word that starts with f to this catastrophe.

The tile told him he was either in the bathroom or the kitchen. The island he was currently pulling himself up on told him it was the latter. The rusty knife he almost cut himself on freaked him out again and he backed up, falling again. The leather jacket he wore cushioned his fall only minimally. Some light would really help about now.