PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 11:05 am 

Sort of back.

Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)
Blog: View Blog (59)

OOC thread can be found here.

August 1st, 2018

Roughly a month before classes started for the upcoming school year in Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, things seemed to be peaceful. The last War had ended twenty years ago, with several casualties that had been sorely felt by the wizarding community. But the sacrifice had not been in vain. With the fall of many precious lives, had come victory. The wizard who had renamed himself as Lord Voldemort had finally been defeated, putting an end to his reign of terror.

It took everyone in the wizarding society to start feeling at ease again. It had been a very long war, and it was hard to fall back in a routine without a Dark Lord. Without a threat looming over everyone’s heads all the time.

But it had finally come. Peace, calm and the regular life style every respectable wizard or witch craved. They could leave their houses and be sure they were to return. It was probably even more so for half-bloods and muggle-borns, as they were the main target.

Of course, as everyone knows, forgetting history was risking repeating it. And as that was a part in history nobody cared to repeat, everyone was in full alert. A team of aurors was kept constantly ready for the moment they needed to spring into action. Everyone hoped it wouldn’t be necessary, but it was better to be safe than sorry.

Bernice Carmody Kerry

While the world at large lived in peace, in that small cottage outside London, a couple lived the life of those prepared for any eventual change in scenery. Mr. and Mrs. Jonas Kerry had every reason to be on alert. He was an auror, one of the members of the team the Ministry of Magic kept fully ready for the event of a new war. She was a Hogwarts Professor, and had the events occurred in the school fresh in her mind, as probably the entire staff did.

It was a constant worry that the school might be targeted in a future conflict, which was why the protection barrier around it was kept in prime condition at all times. That was a task every adult wizard or witch was welcome and even required to help with. Aid on that was mostly voluntary, but calls for aid could be sent out if needed. For Bernice Kerry, a call was unnecessary. With her usual concern for others, Professor Kerry did her best to use her free time reinforcing the protective spells whenever she saw the need to do so.

The rest of Bernice’s time was devoted to Astronomy classes and counseling for troubled students. It was a good life, and she wouldn’t have it any other way. Her door was always open for anyone who needed her, and Prof. Kerry tried to keep good relations with everyone. Of course, not all of the other Professors were friendly. But with those who weren’t, Nice made a point of maintaining a neutral relationship, based on professional respect.

But right now, she didn’t need to think about the other members of staff, as she was home. Sitting on her favorite chair with a cup of tea, Bernice smiled as she heard her husband telling her how much he would miss her once classes started.

“Poor you”, she replied to his concerns, blowing the man a kiss. “I will miss you terribly too. But we will meet in Hogsmeade every weekend, even if just for dinner, right? It will be like our dates when we were students”.

Jonas smiled and nodded at his wife. “I think you have a point”, he agreed. Bernice was always so optimistic, always seeing the bright side of everything. Crossing the small living room, Jonas sat on the couch and gestured for Bernice to come sit with him. She did so, resting her head against his arm. “I worry so much about you, Bernie”, he said, now more seriously. “You think everyone is as good and kind-hearted as you”.

Bernice smiled. “No, I don’t. I know not everyone is a good person, and that I can’t trust everyone. I just choose to give most people the benefit of doubt”. Jonas sighed and kissed his wife’s hair. He nodded afterwards. “That is good, Bernie. But please, be careful. Don’t… I don’t know. Just be careful”.

Bernice’s smile faded at Jonas’ apparent hesitation. Her gaze went up to his gaze with a concerned expression. She didn’t know exactly what he was talking about, but it had to be acknowledged that there was something strange in the air. At least for those sensitive enough to realize it. It was like the calm before a storm. And storms were never a safe thing. “I know”, Bernice replied softly after a moment of silence. Standing up, the woman kissed the man’s lips. “Now, get out of here. We don’t want you getting late for work. And I have to go as well. I will spend a few hours browsing Diagon Alley for a few new spare books and charts, but I will be home for lunch”.

With these words, the Kerrys parted ways - Jonas out of the house for work, and Bernice in the couple’s bedroom, to get ready to leave. It would be good to be in the Diagon Alley again, and maybe she would even run into someone from the school, even though it wasn’t very likely. Regardless of that, it would be a fun day.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 11:50 am 

College is blah

Medals: 2
Completed RP (2)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Melony Stilinski

Melony Stilinski stood in the grand hall of Hogwarts. She remembered when she was little what it felt like to be sorted into a house and meeting new friends. But she grew upset when the thought of Lord Voldemort crept into her mind. It had been 20 years since that happened, and in those 20 years, she was placed as Headmistress in the spot that her dear Headmaster Dumbledore once upheld. To be honest, she had no idea why she was Headmistress, there were so many others that would fit the profile perfectly. But she didn't question the Ministry of Magic.

With a sigh, Melony glanced around the grand hall. She let out a smile, proud of the work she put in while helping restore Hogwarts to its former glory. She then realized that she was alone in the hall, her daughter must've snuck off. With a sigh and eye roll she left the hall to her new office, wondering where her daughter had gotten to.

Anastasia Stilinski

Anastasia is the daughter of the Headmistress and one of the top students in Slytherin house. She sighed as she walked through the deserted halls of Hogwarts, she had already been to Diagon Alley, but being the daughter of a Headmistress, she was dragged along to Hogwarts a month before the students and teachers showed up. She gave a sigh as she peaked her head into the Slytherin room where she had already chosen her bed. She wondered who she would be rooming with. Anastasia was alone in Hogwarts save for her mother, but she would admit that it would be nice for some kids her age to be there. She shifted her different eye colored gaze around the room before walking away and down the long hallway.

Winnie Quinn

Winnie was up in her room. She had already started packing for Hogwarts a while ago, and she was almost finished. But for now, all she did was sit in silence on her bed. Well the room was filled with silence, Winnie's ears were not, she had her ear buds in and music turned up loud. This was her way of dealing with stress and anxiety; music and her cat.

Saigon jumped on her lap and gave a small meow. The lynx point Siamese was adorable with his big blue and crossed eyes. He was her baby, after all, she did save him from the harsh winter. Winnie was so much in her music that she did not hear the knock at her door. Her mother poked her head in and smiled at her daughter, she was just checking up on her, for she had strong depression. Ever since she saw her father murdered, she had always been depressed and was always having panic attacks. She suffered from night terrors. The worst kind of nightmare. Often at night, Winnie would wake up screaming, from reseeing her father get murdered right in front of her young eyes.

viewtopic.php?f=74&t=48075
My Character's
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=45307

Last edited by LadyAsriel on Sun May 24, 2015 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 1:59 pm 

Medals: 1
Contest Winner (1)

Leandra Umbrax was walking down Diagon Alley, clutching a piece of parchment. She was on her way to Gringotts, to withdraw some money from the family vault. Her parents were indisposed - one of the thestrals was expecting - and so it fell to Leandra to do the chores in place of her father. She didn't mind much - she always liked visiting her uncle, muggle though he was, and he lived virtually right across the street from Diagon Alley. She looked somewhat out of place - with her gothic/victorian clothing and dyed hair she looked like an average witch, had it not been to the two plastic bags she was carrying as a result of her grocery shopping. Ah well. While she was in Diagon Alley, she planned on getting the books needed for the year, some parchment, and similar supplies. And of course, she was planning to buy candy at Weasley's.

Taking a few moments to get through the queue at Gringott's and make her withdrawal (with plenty of odd looks from the goblins, seeing the plastic bag), Leandra went over the list of things she had to do that day. Stopping by Weasley's for candy (and more than a few gag items to use at school and home), and by the bookshop for various pieces of paper and parchment, Leandra was almost finished. All that was needed was a new set of robes (her old ones were too small by now) and a copy of the Daily Prophet, as requested by her mother. All in all, it was a pretty normal day for Leandra.

As she was done shopping (all her items had been arranged magical transport to her home, so her uncle's muggle children wouldn't see and begin to ask questions), Leandra headed back to her uncle's place with the groceries. Luckily, the kids were outside playing, so leandra was free to discuss matters openly with her uncle. And thus she did, as she walked through the door. "Alright, groceries have been shopped, and I took care of Diagon Alley as well. I'm all set for this schoolyear." Her uncle came out of the kitchen, wearing an absurdly feminine apron with an inappropriate (though hillarious) quote. "Alright, Lea, I can take it from here. You should probably head back to my brother's, you might yet reach the calfing." Leandra dismissed the thought. "Nah, I'd rather stay for the day, help you out a bit here. Place could use a feminine touch," she said teasingly. Her uncle grinned, and sent her outside to watch over the kids.

The Shards United!..?
SuperVillain Weekly OOC / SuperVillain Weekly IC
Sengoku Jidai: Aspiring Daimyo

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 11:13 pm 

PLaying SQUAD with TASQ

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (8)

Martin Girard
Jacob was home from school. He attended the Albus Dumbledore university. An advanced institution had been created by the ministry of magic in honor of one of the finest headmasters; albeit wizards to have served at Hogwarts. This gave young aspiring witches and wizards another option, to further their education after finishing their secondary schooling.

Martin's sister, Gwendolyn was traveling abroad in Germany, France and Switzerland. She was working for Garrick Olivander, the famous wand maker. She has taken up the task of being his apprentice. Currently, she is on a business trip securing woods and cores for wands, Olivander will craft for future witches and wizards.

Meredith, the bespectacled Ravenclaw who studies excessively spends most of her time reading books. Not all of which were written by her father. Aside from meal times, the seventh year student at Hogwarts is rarely seen out of her room. It is said she can consume a 1000 page tome in roughly five hours.

Judith and Caiden, 4th and 2nd year students at the school, were out exploring the moors for insects and other magical creatures near their home in Penrith.

The family lived further from London than Martin's mother, Kaitlyn would like, but Philip, her husband wanted the family to remain near ancestral lands. He felt connected to the land here. It was his muse; helped with writing. He knew almost all of the muggles in town and felt comfortable with that. Kaitlyn, on the other hand preferred the company of magic folk in and near the Ministry of Magic. She had several hangouts she enjoyed visiting to meet with friends. Philip was right when he told her, she could always use the Floo system to visit. With that fact in place, Kaitlyn remained content so far north.

"What are your plans after school?" Philip Girard asked Martin Girard. This was a question, Philip had asked the 16 year old Ravenclaw on numerous occasions over the past few years to see what the boy was thinking.

"I dunno," Martin did not want to play this game. While some kids knew exactly what they wanted to do when they grew up, Martin had no clue. He would love to be Minister of Magic or maybe head of some department in the ministry, but he had no clue how to get there.

"Have you given it any thought?"

"Yea," Martin picked up a parchment he received from Leandra. He glanced at the words on the sheet hopeing his father would leave him alone.

"So what have you been thinking?"

She was in Diagon Alley today. Visiting relatives. "Dad, could I go to Diagon Alley today?"

"Stop avoiding this conversation. I am concerned about you."

"Well dad, I would love to be Minister of Magic one day."

Philip held back a smirk. It was a challenge, but he seemed to suppress it well. The smile slowly eeking its way across his lips, "would ye now? How exactly are you gonna accomplish that?"

Martin looked at the letter from Leandra again. "That's the problem. I have no idea how one becomes Minister. Where do I start? After school, I mean."

"Do any of your professors have experience in the Ministry? They might be able to give you some advice."

Martin knew who he should speak with. He knew Professor Jordan could help him. But frankly that man disturbed him. "Professor Jordan used to work on the Committee on Experimental Charms. He is very good at charms, but teaches transfigurations."

"Why don't you plan to schedule a meeting with Professor Jordan and speak with him about your future?"

"Dad, the man is a Slytherin. You know how those people are. Besides, he has some beef with Ravenclaws."

"Jordan, you say?" Philip Girard focused on Martin and attempted to remember him. "brown hair, blue eyes, slightly shorter than me?"

"Yes, dad. I figured you may know him."

"He was a year ahead of me in school. He was a dirty Quidditch player, constantly committing fouls. Pulled his wand on Percy Farnsworth during a match. Madame Hooch sidelined him for that one."

"Yea, well. Can I go to Diagon Alley?"

"We're all going tomorrow. You can wait till then and meet up with your friends. Send them an owl to let them know you are coming.

Professor Tyresius Jordan
"Oh bloody hell, what shall I do with you, Charlie?" Professor Jordan scratched the back of the Irish Wolfhound's head. "Would you like to go for a run?" The dog stood up, wagging its tail. "I will change my clothes and we'll hit the path around Kensington and Hyde Park. Professor Jordan's flat was near Bayswater Rd in Paddington. Kensington Palace and the Royal Albert Hall were a mere hop, skip and a jump from his home. He would often go for a run with Charlie around the Park. One lap is roughly four miles and one time, they made five laps around the park.

Within minutes, Professor Jordan changed into a pair of navy blue Addidas running shorts, running shoes and a yellow London Titans football jersey. Bonnie Prince Charlie followed the Hogwarts professor out-of-doors. They trotted across the street and found themselves headed west along Bayswater. They turned at Kennsington Palace Gardens and ran across the back of the palace. They couldn't see much with the high hedgerow concealing everything. Shortly after turning east on Kensington Ave, Tyre passed an entrance. The King's Guards manned the portal, dressed smartly in crimson and black. They remained frozen, like statues. Previous, the regiment guarding the palace had been The Queen's Guard, up until the death of the Queen Mother in 2016. But since William was coronated in 2017 after his father Charles abdicated, the regiment had been known as the King's Guard. William's son, George at age 5, was next in line of succession to the throne.

Professor Jordan was always amazed at the level of discipline of the King's Guards. They reminded him of the stone warriors who guarded Hogwarts. He'd never seen them active, but heard they were quite busy during the last wizarding war.

At West Carriage Rd., they turned into Hyde Park and headed for South Carriage Rd and eventually north on Park Lane and back home in Paddington. Tyre would take a shower and prepare for dinner and a concert at the Royal Festive Hall. The London Philharmonic was performing and Professor Jordan was quite interested in seeing them perform. It was always a pleasurable experience.

For dinner, Professor Jordan had invited a friend, Nathalie Woodbridge of Brent Park. She had also been a Slytherin when Tyresius was a student there. They had been friends forever and maintained their friendship. They both knew it would never be anything more than that and both were fine with their relationship.

Professor Jordan dressed in a dark Armani suit with black bow tie. He hailed a cab to meet Ms. Woodbridge at The Cut near Southwark. They planned to walk to the Royal Festive Hall from the restaurant. At no time during the evening's affair did Professor Jordan think once of Hogwarts or the upcoming school year. It was his summer break and he took full advantage of it.

ImageImage

My Characters
My Writing Styles
Galileo Corporation
Modern Wargaming Rules
Bakushima; Fantasy Feudal Japan

Best Days for RPing
Fri - Sun

Attitude | +
"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude to me is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than success, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, gift, or skill. It will make or break a company...a church...a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past...we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10 percent what happens to me and 90 percent how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our attitudes. "
~ Charles Swindoll

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 4:23 am 

Blog: View Blog (1)

Lillith Tobby Prince

A month. That was all she had before she had to go back. She had gotten her results from her O.W.L.s the day before. Her mother and father were proud, as expected. But she knew they didn’t know what she was like at school. The way she acted from school was the exact opposite of home. At home she talked often and laughed with her parents. School, she was quiet. Lillith enjoyed laughing, but she couldn’t at school. She practically had no friends there.

“Lily, you ready to go?” her father, Micheal asked her. She turned from the window to see her father dressed in dark blue wizard robes.

“I guess. Mum isn’t able to go again. It’s not raining,” Lillith answered, sounding slightly down. Her mother, Lenneth, couldn’t go out in the sunlight. She had, a condition, so to speak. Lillith had inherited some of the symptoms. Sharp canines, something she was taught to hide as a kid. She was pale, but then again she fit the stereotype of a typical red headed Irish girl. Then there were the blood supplements. Fortunately those looked like small pills. Lillith could count on one hand how many people knew her secret. Her father and mother, only living relatives now. The headmistress of Hogwarts, Headmistress Stilinski, of course, because of who she was. Professor Jordan knew as head of her house. Then their family healer, as he was the one to give her the blood supplements. Five people she knew of for sure.

“Lily! Stop daydreaming please, I’m talking to you.” her father’s voice finally broke through.

“Oh, sorry Da. I don’t mean to, I was just thinking ‘bout school.” Lillith explained as she blinked owlishly at her father. He sighed and rubbed his forehead.

“Yeah Ok. Go put your shoes on. We’re going.” He said and walked to the fireplace. Lillith had nodded and turned to grab her boots, slipping them on. She followed after her dad and flooed to the Leaky Cauldron. They spent the day in Diagon Alley getting her books and looking around.

Aaron Peter Morris

It was so dusty in the Leaky Cauldron. Dark too if he was honest. Aaron had started working as a waiter-slash-busboy almost a week after school had let out. Tom had been looking for someone young and strong. Also, preferably attractive. Though Tom claimed that Aaron wasn’t as good looking as him. He was just glad to be out of that stupid orphanage he was in. He also got the chance to make some wizard money. Merlin knew he needed it. The orphanage couldn’t give him money, only for his books. But he wanted extra for things like the Weasley shop. They liked to see him in there, something about being a Gryffindor. He also wanted money for while he was at school. Honeydukes was definitely a thing.

“Morris! Table four!” Tom yelled at him from the bar. With a roll of his eyes Aaron headed over with a tub to put dishes in. He wasn’t allowed to do magic outside of school for another year. So he had to do the cleaning the muggle way. He didn’t really mind, he grew up like this. But he did love the magical world.

As Aaron finished the table he heard the fireplace roar with the sound of someone flooing. He looked up to see an older man with black hair and familiar blue eyes. Then a girl tumbled out behind him wearing muggle clothes. She was a fellow student from school. One he had seen in a few of his classes, He couldn’t think of her name at that moment, but he knew she was a Slytherin, and that she was the odd one from the house. Always by herself.

He had seen another classmate pass through earlier. A Ravenclaw he thought. He wasn’t sure. She might have been on the team. He had seen her around the thestrals before. He’s heard a few people call her Gotha before. Aaron let out another sigh and shook his hair out. It didn’t really matter anyways.

Off through the woods I go, to see my sister Snow White. My red cloak flows behind me, bright splash of color among a background of dark green and black. Let the Wolf find me, I'll invite him along, hoping that maybe we can eventually be. This I promise because my life is no fairy tale.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 12:38 pm 

Evie Veltrom bustled around Diagon Alley with her parents and the twins. She had mostly everything she needed for school now save just one book for Transfiguration. The subject was her favorite but unfortunately, as a Ravenclaw, she was on the professor's bad side. She tried to make the most of it however. It took a lot to keep her down.

"Evie! Look at the pets!" Raiden cried out as he pointed to the pet shop. "Is that where you got Razor at?" Razor was Evie's pet dragon. She had gotten the creature from a friend in Romania who studied and helped raise dragons. He told her it would never get much bigger so it made the perfect pet.

The red haired girl snapped out of thought as the small boy tugged at her shirt. "No, i didnt get Razor from a pet shop." she replied. She glanced over at her mother.

"Think we can stop by Weasley's? I heard they have some neat pranks this year." Evie asked.

Her mother sighed. "Sure but i dont want you pulling any tricks at school. You have you N.E.W.T.s to worry about as well." Elaine explained. She looked at her muggle husband with loving eyes. "Just think, after this year we get a break from buying school books and robes for a little while." she joked.

Evie rolled her eyes and hurried on ahead towards the joke shop. She could hear the twins hot on her trail. As she neared the large shop she slowed to a stop and opened the wooden door. Things buzzed about her head as she stepped inside. A smile grew wide on her face. There were different smells and colors and many books towering as far as the eye could see. A giant purple glowing cauldron sat at the heart of the store. It bubbled and spurted, giving off a sweet aroma. Evie stepped closer to it.

"A love potion, that is." a man with red hair commented as he walked by. George Weasley, she remembered. A while ago when his twin was still alive she heard stories of the two brothers being confused for one another. She was glad the twins in her family werent like that.

"Proven to work!" a voice came from the back. Ron Weasley no doubt, probably there helping his brother.

She thought seriously about buying a vial. After all it couldnt hurt. Evie opened the change purse at her side. She unfortunately didn't have enough. So she sighed and continued to look around the store.

The Human/Doctor: But you made me.
The Doctor: Exactly. You were born in battle. Full of blood and anger and revenge. to Rose. Remind you of someone? That's me, when we first met. And you made me better. Now you can do the same for him.
Rose: But he's not you.
The Doctor: He needs you. That's very me.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 10:23 pm 

Owner

Medals: 14
Villain of the Month (2) Original Character (1)
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)

The familiar sights and scents comforted Alex, as they always did when he returned home. The smell of the salty air as it wafted it from the coast. His mother in the kitchen humming to herself, listening to the Beach Boys, as always, his father sat in the chair beside him his nose buried in the paper following paper. The only difference from his childhood was that Thanatos now sat beside him and there was the sense of guilt accompanied with fear of what could happen to them should he ever be around them on the night of a full moon. To his parents Jack and Catherine Winston, Alex was nothing more than their son. A wizard, yes, but first and foremost he was their son, their only son a miracle of modern science to even to this day they continue to thank whatever powers that be for.

If they only knew he was now also a werewolf.

Creature of myth and legend that stalked the night when the moon was high in the sky and full. A predator who only just barely kept his mind thanks to the potion he was able to brew most of the time. On the nights that he could not…he often awoke to the sensation of pain and guilt; the fresh taste of copper in his mouth and complete knowledge of all that he had managed to do in just one night. There was only so much that a man such as himself could take before it became too much. If it were not for his friends, the few that he still had, who knew what he was and tried their best to help him.

Alex is not sure he would have bothered to live life for much longer.

“Alex?” his mother’s voice always had a singsong quality to it. He often joked that she missed her calling to be a singer rather than the simple accountant that she was. Her response would always be that had she became a singer she would not have met his father and they would not have subsequently had him. Fate brought her to numbers and made it so that she could bring him into the world. With how often he made them proud she felt not being famous was more than worth the price of having the most amazing son in the world.

Then he would feel even worst for the thing that he now was.

“Yes, Mom?” he asked with a forced smile.

“I asked if you would be staying with us for the rest of the day?” there was hope in her voice that he would say yes though a part of her already knew the answer. Ever since he became a wizard their contact with him had always been restricted. However, after that big war that he spoke of, their time between visits had lessened considerably. As a mother she knew there was something wrong with the boy, she always suspected that the wizards did something to him. But what was she to do? Tell her grown son that he had to stay home? That he had to stop going to that place? That every time he walked out the door she worried she would never see him again.

“Sorry,” the word left his lips and he saw the hope leave her eyes. “I am meeting a friend today. We have a shopping date.” The tone he used was one of genuine enthusiasm, he just hoped that Nice had not thought he forgot their plans, given he had been a little off lately and less chatty than usual.

“Oh?” his father said for the first time from behind the newsprint. “Who is this friend? A talking toad?” he teased and his mother laughed even as Alex stood with a roll of his eyes and a shake of his head.

“She is no such thing. Just a friend from work,” the information given as he hugged his father and then allowed his mother to kiss his cheek and attempt to fix his unruly hair. “We had some plans to get some stuff before the semester started. Mainly me helping her carry stuff,” quick to downplay their relationship because he could already see the renewed look of hope in his mother’s eyes. “Just a friend though, ok?”

“Sure, honey,” his mother said with a smile that more than told him she did not believe a single word.

“Have fun,” his father returned to his newspaper though Alex could see the look of pleasure that was still on his face at the news of his son having a date.

“You two are hopeless!” Alex said arms are thrown up in the air for added drama before he stormed from the breakfast nook.

“More like just wanting some grandkids before we die!” retorted his father.

“Come on, Thanatos,” he said once he was outside and standing beside an old though well-maintained motorcycle with a side car. While he straddled the machine his wolf jumped into the side car, “Man do I enjoy some of the perks from my job.” The thought is given as he pulled down the pair of goggles before he stood and then sat down quickly to kick-start the bike, pleased each and every time the beast roared to life.

Down the small country road he sped, straight off the cliff and off to his “date”. The magical bike took the air like a bird and rose high up into the clouds, above the eyes of any potential muggles that might see. Think that was one thing he hated the most about this other life. The fact that he had to hide the wonders he had seen from the world he had grown up in. He supposed it was for the best, but he had to wonder what life could have been like if he were allowed to share? With the waves far below him and the occasional speck of a boat, Alex wondered if life would really be so bad to share the magic with the whole of the world?

After a careful job of landing and parking the bike, it was just a trip to the Leaky Cauldron and they were home free in Diagon Alley.

“Thanatos,” he spoke to the wolf to get his attention. “Find Nice!”

Like a bullet, the wolf shot off, his movements quick as he weaved through the crowd with Alex right on his tail. It was only a moment before Alex stopped her and Thanatos ran up to her just as she exited a small shop. The wolf eagerly whined at her and yipped, while he jumped though was careful to not actually land on her.

“Sorry, we’re late! And sorry for not confirming with you,” he said, his arms already moving around her to give her a hug along with a quick peck on the cheek. “I was almost worried you had forgotten our plans and yet here you are!”

It was clear that Alex was more than pleased to see Nice. She was one of the few in this world that he could count on as a friend and he more than enjoyed it when they were in one another’s company. She soothed him and his inner wolf. An aspect that made her nearly priceless to the troubled young man, “So, where to first?”

"Any fool can write. It takes a genius to read"~Dadsky.
"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 9:24 am 

Sort of back.

Bernice Carmody Kerry

Bernice was in a good mood as she reached Diagon Alley. It was always a welcome sight. And sound, and scent. There was something very special about that place. The fact that everyone around there was like her. And the memories of each exciting yearly shopping for the upcoming school term. It felt a little like home for Bernice.

And of course, there was the bonus of meeting Alex. Bernice had surely missed his company. He had been a little quiet lately, and that worried her. Had she done or said something wrong? Or did he have a problem he had not shared? With a sigh, Bernice hoped Alex would show up. Maybe she could delay her return home and treat him to lunch somewhere.

Either way, they needed to talk a little. But spending time with him alone was something Nice looked forward to. She didn’t really need his presence there, but she wanted it. His company was always appreciated, and he had so few people to count on… It made Nice feel special that he always - or nearly always - obliged when she asked for his company.

Feeling cheerful in thinking she would meet Alex soon, Bernice started browsing a store here and another there to spend the time. The shopping would be made once they were together, of course. Giving in to a small bit of female vanity, Nice had gone to Madam Malkin’s for a new pair of gloves. As she exited, a familiar sight greeted her.

With a broad smile on her face, Nice waited for Thanatos to land back on his paws and rubbed her hand against the wolf’s neck. She knew not everyone would be allowed to do this, but the wolf seemed to regard her as a friend. “Look who just found me!”, the woman exclaimed cheerfully. After the attention given to the wolf, Bernice moved to give Alex a tight and long hug.

“I was afraid you wouldn’t come”, she murmured before letting go of him. One of her hands held on to his. “I would never forget our plans! We don’t get to hang out outside the school often, after all”, Bernice completed, already moving. “First, sky charts. I need a stack of the kind you can bewitch the ceiling with, for when the weather doesn’t allow outside classes. Then about a dozen spare books. You know how someone always loses or ruins theirs”. She thought for a moment about what else she needed.

“I need new robes, too, and you will give me your informed opinion on how they look on me. Understood?”, she finished, tugging on Alex’s hand. “Now come on, a lot to do, not much time. Are you staying around for lunch?”.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 2:20 pm 

Wandering through uncharted space...

Location: Canada... Somewhere in the North of Kere's Domain...
1st Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (3)

Tiernan Mortimer yawned as he woke early that morning. He wasn’t a morning person. In fact he hated mornings, mostly because they tended to involve more sunshine then he particularly cared for. Being more of a night owl then anything else. He rose. Grumbling about having things to do that forced him up at the break of dawn. One month before class started, he would need to return to the castle to insure that all was ready for his class. He would also need the time to check over their basic potions in the Hospital Wings to see what needed to be brewed up before students arrived. A month was more then enough time for all that.

It took him a while to get going, but when he was finally ready to get off to the Castle and leave the estate where his elderly mother resided. Tiernan had always felt it necessary to return home to the estate during the summer and be with his mother. She had no one else to look after her except the house elves, who did an excellent job, but he still felt the weight of the responsibility. Seeings as his brother didn’t live at home any longer. He owned a flat down in London. Something that repulsed Tiernan. He scowled at those thoughts. Trying to figure out why his brother would desire to reside there rather then remaining at the estate. It wasn’t like the house was small. It would be easy to reside in the house and never see each other more then once within a few days if that. It was a choice that Eliarah had made that confused and infuriated Tiernan.

Tiernan was a professor at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and he was proud of this fact. He was a Potions Professor and it was truly something he was both good at and enjoyed deeply. The spare hours he had were either spent tending to the sick in the Hospital Wing as an aid to the full time resident healer there or spent his time gathering the ingredients, making potions, antidotes and various other alchemical things that stuck his fancy. It was on that note that he finally arrived downstairs after having showered and dressed to grab breakfast. The kitchen as always was empty and he realized just how lonely his life really was. He had no one he could spend time with. This as it always did made him think of the one true friend he’d ever known Nice. A girl he’d befriended in school and who he kept in contact with and spent time with over the course of the school year. Though their contact was always limited to non-existent during the summer. She was married. Something that although it didn’t please Tiernan he could accept.

That was his thoughts anyways. It was always how he tried to think. It was a lie. He’d fallen for her in school, but as their paths had diverged he’d lost contact with her. Until recently when their paths had crossed once more at Hogwarts. It brought a smile to his lips, every time he thought of how lucky he was to have her back in his life. The true reasons for his isolation and distance from others was one he kept to himself and didn’t even share with his brother. He regarded his reflection in the hall mirror with an almost angry dark expression clouding his features. He was a splitting image of his father and he hated that. Glaring at the reflection in the glass he moved away. He couldn’t to think of the father who wasn’t a part of his life because he had risked it all for a set a beliefs that were as misguided as his dedication to them rather then his family. Something Tiernan would never do. He would never put his ideals over his family. It was why he had so little of them.

He grabbed an apple and quickly left the kitchen annoyance and anger making his steps quick and purposeful. He went back up to his rooms and began sorting through what he would need and came to the bitter conclusion that a trip to Diagon Alley would be required before he could go to the castle and begin his preparations for term. Sighing he packed up his luggage. Once it was all ready he headed to the fireplace in his room, grabbed a jar of Floo Powder from the mantle he grabbed a handful and reset the jar in it’s place. Satisfied that it was still relatively full. He threw the powder into the fire and stepped in saying ”Diagon Alley” clearly and calmly. He closed his eyes. He didn’t like watching the trip. It didn’t take long before he stepped out of the fireplace and dusted the ash off his black robes. With a quick shake of his head to dislodge any soot from there he headed out to find the apothecaries that would carry what he needed.

Just as he was about to enter the apothecary he spotted a familiar female form. Nice. He turned in her direction intent on going to greet her in person, maybe offer to buy her lunch. Talk for a few hours. Until he saw the wolf race up to her. His gaze drawn away from Nice he saw a male headed towards her. She was meeting someone, he realized with disappointment. He watched as the male reached her and he realized, he recognized him. His eyes narrowed as he watched the man interacting with Nice.

When Alex and Nice hugged Tiernan felt the all to familiar rush of blood through his veins. Anger mounting as he came to a dark and ugly realization in that instant contact. He was jealous. And with those thoughts came the realization that he still had feelings for her, very strong feelings. He ground his teeth and resisted the urge to draw his want and curse Alex for touching Nice. It was evident Nice had feelings for Alex when she hugged him. And that made Tiernan even angrier. It wasn’t until he saw her hand close over his that he truly knew the depth of that rage. Eye narrowed and jaw clenched to keep from doing something stupid he pressed his hand firmly against the cane he used as an accessory. The crystal tip bitting into his palm. The smooth firm grip of the wood that hid his wand. What really drove him mental was the kiss and as they began talking he moved without even realizing he’d taken a few steps.

He stopped moving right before the two of them. He didn’t look at Alex as he met Nice’s gaze. ”I didn’t know you were coming today, otherwise I’d have arranged to meet for lunch,” Tiernan said in greeting to Nice. His words held an edge to them, but otherwise he didn’t show outwardly the anger that begged him to draw Alex’s blood.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 4:22 pm 

The Scarlet Harlot of CF

Medals: 9
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Most Dedicated (1)
Blog: View Blog (10)

Rita slammed her door shut in exasperation of the onslaught of a snake for an older brother. He had recently decided to take her panties and write slytherine's **** on it in some comical fiasco. In reaction, she decided to take one of the little Hogwarts jelly-beans that make a screeching noise so deafening that not even a train could out noise it. The scolding for this from her mother was beyond ridiculous. How come you two are both acting childish enough that I think you both need to go back to being in your first year in school? There was some other comment under her mother's breath that reminded her that father had left her two meddlesome hellions to deal with.

Her hands were firmly petting her ginger main-coon cat. His soft light orange fur riddled with dark orange stripes, and a strip of white that covered his paws was purring while rubbing against her feet. The cat was a protector to her. Always found his curious cat feet trudging the halls in Hogwarts. His bright orange eyes stood out among other cats.

Music blared through her ears. Beautiful strings of violin, and bass screaming the emotions that were raging in her heart. After a few pets for Spaz, she made her way to the garbage, tossing the forsaken underwear in it, and turned to face the trunk that needed packing. Her mother had already made arrangements for their few nights stay in Diagon alley for school shopping, and preparation for the school year.

She opened her closet that had hung up in it dresses, shirts, tube top, and witchery clothes with pants, shorts, skirts, and other various items that fell into that category. Her hands tossed the witchery clothes into the trunk. ( It was definitely time to buy some new outfits in Diagon Alley) Then proceeded to her desk where papers were riddled on it from her various needs to study some of her extra books bought in Diagon Alley. These books were thrown into the trunk as well for more of a safety measure. There was a carrying cage for her cat that was decorated in a soft blanket, with a small stuffed animal If only Spaz would eat that snake of a brother's parrot.

" Are you two ready yet?" Her mother's shout from downstairs was barely audible between the loud music that was drifting in her ears. The door to her brother's room slammed shut which must have been a resounding yes for an answer. However, her hands were still busy placing a silver necklace around her neck with a pendent of a key on it. A silverish- black top with a white fluffed out skirt was what lavishly adorned her athletically tiny body, and a small bracelet that decorated her caramel skin Then placed her cat into the cage trying to sooth his tiny cries because he hated to be caged.

She opened her door carrying a trunk, a cage, and a back pack to fit school items in it. The door shut as she switched the sign that said " No brothers allowed." to " Empty". Her feet walked on the soft rug of the hallway to be met with the smooth oak wood of the steps to the first floor of the house. Kevin, her snake of a brother, stood folding his arms as if she took an hour to get ready.

" Finally," He sighed as if it was painful.

" Finally? Finally what? I grew a brain?" Her mouth ran the words out without really thinking. Slytherines will be the death of her for sure.
The fire place was roaring as flames licked the enclave, and flickered with each passing second. Walking through fire never felt so much fun as this. They stepped through the fire( now a bright green) with their belonging, but mother did not follow. When they turned she was still at home. This was how it always went. Mother hated the leaky cauldron. It reminded her of father...at least that's what Kevin use to say.

The leaky cauldron was its usual self. People of the assorted kind talking about brewing, and magic. Kevin like the boy he still is ran off with his belongings to bring them up the stairs, and place them immediately in his reserved sleeping quarters. Her sigh left little to say.

Her feet carried her up the stairs to a room, where she dropped her belongings, and opened the door to her cat's cage. " Spaz, you better stay in this room, and not somehow end up in a stranger's lap. This is not Hogwarts yet." The cat nodded his head as if in agreement. He must know how dangerous this place is. Sometimes he'll even speak to her...but she often feels creepy at the thought of telling someone this.

Wesley's Wizard Wheezes

She scurried back down the steps of the leaky cauldron nearly knocking into a young man who looked almost familiar to her. ( But not so much that it made her stop.) Once outside the leaky cauldron, her eyes were met with crowds of beings shopping for school supplies, or other such important items. Her first stop was the Wesley's shop.

The weasley shop has been one of the most traditional stops for any good Hogwarts wizard or witch. Typically, teachers avoid the place due to the history of the owners. Her feet trudged up to the front of the story. Game, witty sayings, and magical objects danced in the window displaying an irrevocable need to enter such a luring and mischief place. It was beckoning her like coffee to a morning worker.

Inside the shop various items littered the floor. She was looking for a particular tool to cause some interesting mischief with. Ron who was fairly famous with the wizarding world tended to take over Fred's part of the shop after his death. So it was still family run, and rather popular. She had a particular interest in this shop.

After turning towards the very back of the shop she found one of the items. A Self-Writing Quill. A essential tool for any sixth year student trying to make it through Hogwarts. Next, she walked up to the counter. She placed a few other various funny items that may be useful on the counter. " May I get a Peruvian Instant Darkness Powder." George gave her confused look before handing it to her. She left after that. Not many witches have read up on certain items sold there. Heck, most go for the stupid girly stuff.

Flourish and Blots booksellers

Her sense of humor would typically cause people to look at her strange. She managed to avoid the spectacle of her head of house petting Thanatos. A wolf that belonged to a man of whom was named Alex. Anybody in Ravenclaw house knew of the pair. She just did not want to be caught wandering the streets without supervision, if that was even needed.

She skedaddled into the flourish and blots store. It smelled like must, and wonderful books. Her hands felt over the smooth bindings between the books. The list of books that sixth year students needed were ; The book of spells grade sixth, Advanced potion making, A guide to advanced configuration, Advanced rune translation, Confronting the faceless, and Flesh-eating trees of the world. Though the last bit was hard to really think of as a book. It made her giggle. After wandering the store she had a moment as her hand wavered over a book. A wisp of dread contorted in her stomach. A feeling that was similar to the day a teacher says there was a test today, and she forgot to study...

The feeling lingered there for a few before she managed to scrounge up a few of the books.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 3:42 pm 

Sort of back.

Diagon Alley

For everyone who was around Diagon Alley, taking care of their shopping needs, browsing stores, visiting friends, or working, that day was just as normal as any other. Clear sky, sunny, and a very light breeze, just enough to make for a nice feeling while one walked around.

The weather forecast, for those who followed it, spoke of a few sunny days ahead, and no hint of rain. Even those who didn’t follow this kind of thing - most of the wizards and witches, probably - could feel that there wasn’t rain coming their way soon.

At least, apparently. Or maybe really, as what came over the whole area known as Diagon Alley was not rain, but a strong wind - the kind of wing that dragged everything in its path. And, to make matters worse, all of a sudden, the sky grew so dark it was hard to see what was going on.

Hogwarts

Back in the grounds of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, something strange would happen at the exact same moment. The day was, as much as in Diagon Alley, sunny and pleasant.

Around the ancient castle, the skies didn’t darken, and there was no wind. Just a very quick - and strong - earth tremor, as the kind of tremor one feels when something heavy is dropped on the ground. The tremor would not be strong enough to cause structural damage to the castle - such as cracking walls. Still, it would be a pretty strong tremor, strong enough for anyone standing up and unable to hold on to something to fall down. And also, every object that could possibly fall off a shelf or a wall - including the paintings - would do so.

Every other area

Outside Hogwarts and the Diagon Alley, there would also be a sudden - albeit less dramatic - weather change. The sky, that had been sunny and clear up until a moment ago, would turn dark. Not as there had happened in Diagon Alley.

Clouds would gather quickly, and in no time, a heavy rain, accompanied by a thunderstorm, would fall upon the city of London and its surroundings.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 9:40 pm 

College is blah

Medals: 2
Completed RP (2)

Anastasia was continuing her walk in the halls of Hogwarts when a rumble was felt under her feet. It shook the whole castle, making her lose her balance and fall flat on her back. She hit her head pretty hard off of the concrete floor and saw stars. She knew she had a concussion immediately and decided to stay on the floor for a bit longer after the shaking had subsided. Anastasia heard nothing as she saw paintings and busts fall to the ground and get destroyed and shattered in the process.
---
Melony had felt the tremor as she walked about her office, swishing her wand to put things in order. As soon as she was almost done getting things all set and organized, the tremor happened. She fell to her knees and watched as everything she had just organized toppled and smashed to the ground. She looked up from where she was and furrowed her brow. "Something is wrong... Very wrong." She muttered to herself as she picked herself up off of the floor. She looked around the room before continuing to swish her wand about, putting things back were they were and fixing her shattered knick knacks.
---
Winnie had just gotten to Diagon Alley when the wind picked up. With her being so skinny, she was pushed against a cobblestone wall forcefully. She looked up at the sky in confusion. She didn't understand how the weather went from beautiful to shitty in two seconds flat. Her brow furrowed as she looked around holding Saigon close to her. The cat let out a growl but pressed himself even more into her arms. Winnie saw others running and taking shelter and watched as peoples belongings just shot away from them. She was definitely confused and most definitely had a bad feeling about all of it.

viewtopic.php?f=74&t=48075
My Character's
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=45307

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 4:32 am 

Medals: 1
Contest Winner (1)

All of a sudden, the weather around London took a turn for the worse. The skies darkened considerably, and in the blink of an eye, what had been a warm and bright summer's day had turned into a thunderstorm. Leandra, having played with her cousins a bit, ushered them inside. "Come on Grant, Melody, let's get inside." Something felt off, as if the natural order of things had been disturbed somehow. Leandra began to feel a little anxious. That's when her uncle's phone began to ring. He handed the phone over to Leandra. She took the phone and answered the call.

"Hey, Leandra speaking." Her father could be heard on the other end. " - how to use these things? Muggles never cease to - " He was cut off by Leandra's mother, who was more used to muggle gadgets. " - hand it over, I'll take care of it." Leandra waited patiently. This was usually the procedure whenever her father used a phone or similar. "Leandra! I think you should get home now, darlin'. Go over to Diagon Alley and get here by the floo network." Leandra perked an eyebrow before answering. "Why, though? I mean -" Her mother retorted instantly. "Don't argue. This doesn't feel right." Leandra sighed. "Fine. I'll go home in a few."

Ending the call, Leandra went over to Grant and Melody, patting them both on the head. "I've got to go, kids, but I'll see you around, okay?" The kids complained a bit, but eventually accepted that their cousin had to go. Her uncle just nodded at her, getting the gist of the situation. Leandra took one of the house's spare umbrellas, picked up her things, and headed for the Leaky Cauldron. Something tells me thing will get more than a little exciting, she thought to herself, dismal.

The Shards United!..?
SuperVillain Weekly OOC / SuperVillain Weekly IC
Sengoku Jidai: Aspiring Daimyo

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 11:48 pm 

PLaying SQUAD with TASQ

Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (8)

Professor Tyresius Jordan
As Professor Jordan considered his romantic evening with a friend, the clouds apparently had other plans. A deluge of rain splashed upon the pavement and brownstones in Paddington as well as all of London. Fortunately, he considered an umbrella prior stepping near the curb on Bayswater. He hailed the taxi and rode less than three miles past Buckingham Palace, Westminster, and Big Ben, then across the River Thames at Waterloo station. The rain appeared to intensify, the skies darkened. Tyre Jordan felt a bit uneasy about the storm. The skies gave off that pea green color associated with terrific summer storms, definitely unsettling.

When Professor Jordan arrived, Nathalie Woodbridge waited in the dry comfort of the restaurant. The couple enjoyed a quiet dinner listening to soft violin music while two performers presented a series of spirited one-act plays. The couple was mildly amused by their performance and when dinner was complete, they hailed another taxi in the rain and rode the brief half-mile distance to Royal Festive Hall. "It would have been a nice evening to walk, if the rain held out a while longer," Professor Jordan smiled.

"Tyre, I do not understand this rain. It came on all of a sudden. I was under the impression we would have warm, sunny skies the next three days. This is quite peculiar," Nathalie responded.

"Madame, not too unlikely to fetch us a squall like this, tis time a yeah," the taxi driver announced in a thick cockney accent. He stopped the taxi near the Royal Hall.

Upon alighting from the cab, Tyre paid the man in pounds. The couple quickly walked inside to find their seats in the auditorium. They listened to a wonderful performance by the London Philharmonic Symphony.

"I've always enjoyed Tchaikovsky. They rendered a smashing performance of that piece, wouldn't you agree?" Professor Jordan was excited about the musical display they witnessed. He forgot about the weather after being inside for two hours. He was annoyed it was still raining. They shared the taxi ride home, dropping Ms. Woodbridge at her flat before returning to Paddington.

The next morning, the skies were clear and Professor Jordan made ready to travel to Diagon Alley. He planned to bring Sir Charles Leslie with him. For that reason, he opted to walk. It is a distance just under two miles, near Soho, Covent Garden and the National Portrait Gallery.

Professor Jordan entered The Leaky Cauldron with Charles Leslie close behind. The proprietor gave a curt greeting, "morning, professor."

"Top of the morning to you, Thomas," Professor Jordan responded with glee in his voice.

The older man muttered an indiscernible comment under his breath that Professor Jordan failed to hear, nor would he have cared to hear. Charles Leslie on the other hand, heard and understood every syllable. He glared at the man as he trotted by on the way out the back door into the alley that lead to one of the few economic centers in the wizarding community.

After tapping the appropriate bricks, the two entered Diagon Alley. Tyre went immediately to Gringott's Bank to make a withdrawal. He located his vault, number 341 promptly. The vault itself contained very tidy stacks of gold galleons. Each stack, in perfect straightness, not a coin out of place. Each stack contained exactly twenty coins and all stacks arrayed in several rectangular patterns on tables arranged inside the vault.

The first stop after leaving the bank was Flourish and Botts. Since he taught seven classes on the subject of Transfiguration, there were no fewer than nine textbooks on the subject he arranged for the students at Hogwarts. The first years had an introductory text on the subject, written by Professor McGonagal of all people. Professor Jordan had the utmost respect for the former Headmistress and Gryffindor. Professor Jordan purchased several copies of each book to have on hand in case a student needed a copy.

Regarding the textbooks, it was the sixth year students he was most concerned about. They required two textbooks. The first covered Transformation and Vanishment spells. These subjects covered both human and inanimate object transformations, including animagi and werewolves. The second text, which covered Conjuration, and Untransfiguration were covered in the second semester after the Christmas break. Conjuration was a N.E.W.T level course and would require the focus of the students in this class. The sixth year students would be subjected to a strict regimen of conjuration spells come January and February. They would be drilled repeatedly on them for two whole months so they would be committed to memory.

At Madam Malkin's Robe Shop, Tyre looked over the variety of wizarding wear. He found a black twill robe with a silk green lining, he really enjoyed. The Slytherin house crest emblazoned upon the chest. He chose one with the house crest as well as one without. He also found a lime green vest, bright and colorful intended to be worn beneath the robe adding a hint of vivacity to an otherwise stodgy professor.

After each of his purchases, Tyre cast a transfiguration spell reducing their size to roughly that of a galleon. Each item placed carefully in a paper bag, he carried. Instead of teleporting them to a distant location like his flat or Hogwarts office, he believed it was safer just to make them smaller and carry them on his person.

Professor Jordan's final stop was Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour where he and Charles Leslie enjoyed a frozen treat. Professor Jordan preferred a hot fudge sundae, while Bonnie Prince Charlie leaned toward a caramel flavor to whet the palette. On his way back to The Leaky Cauldron Professor Jordan passed one of his sixth year students, Martin Girard with his family. Tyre attempted not to make eye contact, but the young man exercised initiative, "Good morning, Professor Jordan."

Tyre felt obligated to respond, viewing the entire Girard clan, he smiled congenially and nodded his head without a word.

Martin Girard
"Well he appears to be quite cheerful this morning," Jacob Girard sarcastically uttered about Professor Jordan as the family passed Hogwarts' Transfiguration teacher.

"Not too unlike Professor McGonagal if you ask me," Philip Girard stated. "She always seemed to have a sour puss plastered on her face and was very serious about her work. I imagine your professor Jordan is comparatively similar to the late headmistress."

Jacob and Martin shared glances, not wanting to contradict their father. Meredith acted as though she could not hear her father and brother's conversation. She was automatically drawn to the recent publications in the bookstore, vigilantly searching for this year's best selling fiction novels. The family made the rounds to the various shops gathering supplies for the upcoming school year, books, robes, magical items, pets, and other sundries including candies, and the odd joke shop item at Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes.

Inside the store, Jacob and Martin conversed briefly with Ronald Weasley. They may not have known who the man was or what his reputation regarding Hogwarts was. They acted as though he were just another middle-aged wizard in Diagon Alley.

Upon leaving the shop, their father asked the boys what Mr. Weasley said to them.

"He answered some questions about Ten Second Pimple Vanishers and he asked us about school this semester," Martin responded to his father.

"You do know who that was, right?"

"Yes, of course, Mr. Weasley," Jacob interjected.

"Naturally, you are correct, son. That man was Ronald Weasley, the auror. He is close friends with Mr. Harry Potter. They shared many exciting adventures at Hogwarts including defeating, You know who in mortal combat." Philip spoke as if Lord Voldemort still existed and could drop in on them at any moment. Some habits are hard to break.

Jacob and Martin looked at one another. Then Martin asked the question, "Who is You Know Who?"

"Right, he was a certain dark wizard who was responsible for the deaths of many during the second wizarding war abut twenty years ago. You really should read up on recent history of Hogwarts and our wizarding community in general. That man is very famous." Philip became excited when he saw Mr. Weasley or Mr. Potter for that matter. Mr. Girard was more than a few years older than these two aurors, but respected their reputations nonetheless.

The family finished their shopping and made their final stop at the ice cream parlour before heading back home to Penrith. Martin had not received an owl from Leandra and was concerned about her. Maybe he would receive a letter from her later in the day.

ImageImage

My Characters
My Writing Styles
Galileo Corporation
Modern Wargaming Rules
Bakushima; Fantasy Feudal Japan

Best Days for RPing
Fri - Sun

Attitude | +
"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude to me is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than success, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, gift, or skill. It will make or break a company...a church...a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past...we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10 percent what happens to me and 90 percent how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our attitudes. "
~ Charles Swindoll

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 7:00 pm 

Blog: View Blog (1)

Lillith

Lillith had spent all day getting her school supplies. Her father and her were in the Leaky Cauldron discussing the coming school year.

"I am looking forward to it though. We are going to start looking into the things I've wanted to know more about." Lillith said as she picked at her food.

"Well that is good. What about your house and friends?" He asked her.

"I...Da we talked about this before." Lillith looked away sadly, wishing that her family would stop asking her these things.

"Sorry Lily." Her father sighed.

Lillith shook her head, "Its fine. Can I come back tomorrow? I wanted to get some things for Ghost. And look around."

"Sure. Don't see why not. You just needed me to go to Gringotts. Just be-" Michael was cut off mid sentence when the back door of the Leaky Cauldron burst open with a gust of wind. His face paled slightly and he looked at the door in confusion. Lillith had jumped and spun in her chair to stare at the door. No one came in and Lillith watched as one of her fellow classmates went to close the door.

Aaron

Aaron's head snapped up from the table he was cleaning when the back door busted open. After a few seconds when no one entered he walked back there to see what was going on. Outside the clouds were almost dark as pitch and it was extremely windy. It unnerved him to say the least. With a shake of his head he closed the door and returned to work. It was an odd thing to happen. Last he heard the doors were enchanted. The wind shouldn't have been able to blow that door open. With a shake of his he went back to work and put it out of his mind.

Off through the woods I go, to see my sister Snow White. My red cloak flows behind me, bright splash of color among a background of dark green and black. Let the Wolf find me, I'll invite him along, hoping that maybe we can eventually be. This I promise because my life is no fairy tale.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:06 pm 

Evie made her way out of Weasley's Wizard Wheezes with a few joke books and some chocolate frogs. She found her way over to her parents and the twins, who were playing on the railing.

"Im hungry. Can we get some food now?" she asked her mother.

Elaine looked at her husband with a smile before turning to Evie once more. "Sure, lets head to the cafe." She then called the twins over.

Evie grabbed the twins' hands so they wouldnt run off as the walked. As they made their way to the cafe the clouds began to darken suddenly and the wind picked up viciously. Evie held the twins closer as they ran for shelter. All she could feel was that there was something wrong. As they reached the cafe, the wind subsided only a little. The red haired girl looked up at her mother with fear in her eyes as they pushed through the main door. Her father used all his strength just to close it behind his family.

"Mom, just what in the world was that?" she asked.

Elaine could only shake her head in dismay. "I dont know, but whatever it was, it's not good. I have a bad feeling about this weather. Please be careful when you go back to Hogwarts." she sighed. Her eyes seemed almost haunted by the strange happenings. "Lets try to relax for now. Perhaps you will run into some old friends here."

The Human/Doctor: But you made me.
The Doctor: Exactly. You were born in battle. Full of blood and anger and revenge. to Rose. Remind you of someone? That's me, when we first met. And you made me better. Now you can do the same for him.
Rose: But he's not you.
The Doctor: He needs you. That's very me.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:18 am 

Owner

Medals: 14
Villain of the Month (2) Original Character (1)

“I am flattered that my opinion is so important, but you know that I think you look great in everything that you put on,” he remarked with the genuine compliment. “I was thinking that we could gra…” the rest of his sentence cut off as another made themselves known within their group. Not so much as an Hello or even a look in Alex’s direction was given when Professor Tiernan felt the need to just interject himself right into the middle.

Thanatos growled, perhaps he felt the unease from his own as Alex’s jaw worked silently. The desire was there, to stand up for himself and make himself known, but for whatever reason when it came to this one professor he had the hardest time. Instead, while he basically acted as if Alex did not even exist he stood there with a glance down at his boots while he stroked the wolf that still appeared more keyed up than his Master.

Eyes cast about the street; Alex nodded and smiled to the various people who walked about. Content, for the moment at least, to watch the passer byes as they went about their lives. His creative mind wondered where they were off to after this trip shopping? Did they have more shopping to do? Was there a loving family waiting for them? If he were to shift, right there and then, would they run in terror from him? This thought was ever prevalent in his mind, even as he enjoyed the fragrant aroma of some baked goods that left a store further down. Followed by the pungent and salty scent of cured meat that all but made his mouth water, despite the large breakfast he had that morning with his parents. Perhaps, he will wander off to get himself something to eat? It was like he could not stay full for very long, his body nearly demanding the constant supply of carbs and calories least he become sick and often grumpy.

Just as the desire to leave became strong enough to act there was a change in the air. Thanatos, the wolf who had glared at Tiernan without waiver looked away now and up to the sky. Tail soon tucked between his legs, his ears laid back against his head as he whined and fidgeted nervously in place. Then the wind picked up and Alex reacted without thinking. The instinct of the wolf that lay hidden within him screamed for them to move, to get out of the open and get somewhere safe.

“MOVE!” he shouted to the people on the streets who had paused when the sky darkened but did nothing else. Next his hand went to Tiernan’s chest, the palm came to rest of the firm muscle beneath, a fact that caused Alex to arch his brow as if he had not expected to feel that when he touched the man. There was little time to dwell on it, however, for he shoved him in the next instant, “Move! We have to get off the streets!”

“Sorry,” the next word was uttered to Nice, even as he bent and scooped her up into his arms. Down the street, he ran with her in his arms, Thanatos at his heels with the grumpy professor at his side. Part of him relieved that the man had followed, the other part uneasy that he might retaliate when they got somewhere safe. At their backs, he could hear the wind and the destruction it brought with it. Those who had not been fast enough to heed his warning had been snatched up or had been knocked completely out of the way by the force of the winds. Metal against stone, the sound as countless items were dragged and forced down the streets at the behest of this unnatural wind.

To think he had thought to just enjoy a nice day of shopping with Nice and now, he ran with her in his arms, with a man that he wished would not make him feel so uncomfortable after he had to lie to his parents yet again. This had turned into such a great day.

When a space opened up between two buildings he went for it, “Thanatos!” the command barked to the wolf above the wind who ducked into the space without further instruction. “You next!” he shouted to Tiernan and used his shoulder to shove him into the space after the wolf, with Nice finally being set down and placed into the small space as well, which left Alex to block the entrance with his body as much as possible. Whatever had happened or was about to happen, Alex would at least protect those that he could.

"Any fool can write. It takes a genius to read"~Dadsky.
"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:41 am 

Sort of back.

Bernice Carmody Kerry

Bernice smiled at Alexander's comment and shook her head. He always said this kind of thing, but it was nice to hear it anyway. The woman smiled in advance, ready to accept the invitation for lunch. But before it could even be completed, Alexander was interrupted by a very familiar voice.

"Tier", Bernice greeted, blushing a little. That was, most certainly, an awkward situation. She really didn't expect to meet him there exactly when she had arranged to spend time with Alex.

"I didn't know you were coming either", Bernice replied softly. Her gaze turned to Alexander with an expression that clearly said 'I'm sorry about this', before turning back to Tiernan.

"You do remember Alexander, naturally", she stated, trying to get Tiernan to at least be civil to the other man.

Before anything else could be said, though, that strange change in the weather had come about. First, the skies had darkened, and then that strange and violent wind. Along with the wind, Bernice felt something else. Something coming from inside.

'Not now', she thought to herself, gasping in surprise in being lifted off the ground. Closing her eyes hard, the Astronomy teacher laid her head on Alex's chest while he took them to a safe place. Standing between the two men, Bernice felt as though she was about to faint, her body temperature dropping suddenly. Trembling a little, she closed her eyes harder.

'Hogwarts must fall', a voice whispered in her ear. She knew it wasn't the voice of either men, as it was a female voice. Next, she could see a figure walking down a long corridor. It was definitely inside the castle, though it wasn't possible to figure out which corridor by the vision alone.

Slipping her cold hands on Alexander's arms, Bernice squeezed them softly. "Hogwarts", she murmured weakly. "We must go there, now, if possible". Turning her head to the site, Bernice completed. "You too, Tier, if you don't mind".

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:18 pm 

Wandering through uncharted space...

Location: Canada... Somewhere in the North of Kere's Domain...
1st Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (3)

Tiernan didn’t notice, well that wouldn’t be quite accurate as he did notice he just didn’t particularly care, the beast growling at him. It wasn’t something that scared him. Meeting no resistance from Alex, even though Tiernan knew it was rude and probably petty of himself, he continued to pay little to no attention towards the other male. Vying for Nice’s attention. Well that was his plan anyways until nice pointed his attention to Alex. Now the only thing he could do was be friendly and acknowledge the male’s presence. At least that was his plan, until something very wrong began to happen.

Tiernan wasn’t one to like surprises, in fact he hated them. The sudden change in the colouring of the sky and shift from light to dark made Tiernan look up and away from Nice. Not glancing at Alex he looked instead to sky, even if his intent had been to offer a proper and friendly greeting to the other man he instead was met with something totally unnerving and he forgot all about saying hello.

It was then he felt the firm push against his chest. His eyes wide hand fists clenched he was reaching to pull out the wand that made the tip of his cane when he realized Alex wasn’t starting a fight. He was protecting Tiernan. That alone was enough to cause Tiernan to relax in shock. Only then did he hear Alex’s words. He didn’t realize he’d been pushed back until he found himself stumbling. Shaking his head as if in a daze he looked completely startled.

”What’s your pro-“ he started suddenly angry and itching to fight. So it hadn’t been protection when Alex had put his hand to his chest, he’d been starting a fight after all. No sooner had he thought that, then he felt the first gust of wind. A light breeze turning to something far far worse. He shook his head and called himself stupid for the thought as he fell into step a half step behind Alex. Realizing that he was acting entirely stupid. He berated himself for being so selfish. Tiernan was all too aware of the wind picking up at their back. Becoming fierce in a way that was wholly unnatural. He ran onwards even as he heard the cries of those being caught in the wind. There was nothing he could do right now, except get somewhere safe and see to it that Nice was taken care of first. Then he would worry about those who were caught in the storm. Jealousy forgotten in the mad need of survival and that drive to help those around him. Something Tiernan never understood, but was the reason he did work with the healers.

When they finally stopped running Tiernan turned around facing away from the alley that Alex had stopped in front of. He saw those who’d been caught in the wind. He was taking a half step towards the nearest woman sprawled on the street nocked over by a falling cart in the wind and looking desperately in need of help when he felt a sharp contact against his shoulder. He stumbled back and sideways into the opening and the sight of the chaos in the alley blocked from view as Alex filled the entrance with his body. Shaken he looked over to Nice to see that she was alright.

When he turned his gaze back to Alex he had a whole new appreciation for the man he’d all but ignored at Hogwarts and here again in Diagon Alley. He owed more then the apology he was going to give, for clearly he’d acted poorly. ”Sorry I didn’t greet you properly, it was childish and wrong,” it was clear his words cost him something. For Tiernan didn’t often swallow his pride and rarely did he ever apologize for his actions. Usually he didn’t much care to socialize with those his mother’s family would consider beneath him. Which was almost everyone now a day. Tiernan had often wondered if this was wrong, and maybe it was, but he’d been raised that way and habits are harder to break then simply continuing to use them. And he was not one to mention that he was wrong. He shook his head at his own odd thoughts.

It was then he head Nice’s words and turned to face her. Half of him was tempted to argue. To stay here and offer what help he could, but he could tell from the look on her face that his place was at Hogwarts. He nodded. He wasn’t entirely sure that he liked this idea. He looked over at Alex. ”I presume you have a mode of transport that will take the three of us?” he asked.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:58 pm 

The Scarlet Harlot of CF

Medals: 9
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Most Dedicated (1)
Blog: View Blog (10)

Flourish and Blots booksellers

The books in her hand suddenly slipped out as if someone gracefully knocked into her. Thump, thump, thump. A shiver like ice went down her spine. Smells of old, worn, and dusty books wafted through the air. Slam! The door that was used to enter slammed open, and a tiny bell on the door handle continued to ring. Gasps from a few others in the place reached her ears. A familiar wisp of dread contorted into her stomach.

She twirled around to see that there was a woman falling with her cart from the wind. Most the people were either slammed against the wall, or desperately trying to help the folks that were caught in the wind. Mutters of You know who must be back rang through the store. A lady at the desk jumped up and quickly ran to the door doing her best to shut it, even if the wind was pounding against the door. Her eyes veered for the shelf where that omniscient book was not resting. This was weird. How does a book just disappear?

Another worker in the store wandered over to the lady holding herself against the door, and helped her.

Her body bent down to pick up the scattered books on the ground to notice that similar book that was not on the shelf anymore. It glimmered for a moment before disappearing again. Weird enough no one seemed to notice a book missing off the shelf, or even the books looked rearranged as if the book was never there to begin with. The store was starting to suffocate her with the smell of must, and mold. A cough escaped the lips of another customer as they tried hard to act as if this was not happing by reading a book.

After a few dreadful moments of standing frozen like a spider was before her very eyes, she turned around to head for the counter. A man dressed in a robe, with a long brown cigar placed in mouth that putted gray circles into the air, leaned forward at her. " You look like you have seen a ghost, young lady." The eerie feeling of his grained voice, and cold eyes made her want to take shelter.

" Just a weird book. Did you know you are missing a book?" A huff of laughter passed through the man's lips.

" From what I can tell they are all in place." His hands reached out and yanked her school books from her. He looked each book over as if they were prized possessions of the store. " These are in good conditions. 20 galleons each." Her hands pounded against the wood in anger. What a rip off!

" You can't be serious!"

" I am very serious young lady." His left hand flew out in expectancy.

She groaned as she handed the money over in disdain. Then turned walking towards the two woman that were holding the door closed physically. Before passing by them she muttered " Do books typically cost 20 galleons each?" They both shook their head.
" Hun, there should be no one at the counter." One of the lady's responded. When she turned to look back the money was resting on the counter, and the man was gone. Odd...a shudder passed through her body before she walked out of the store, and just barely managed to hold onto her books because of the wind.

Her feet fought against the staggering gusts of wind as they made their way to the leaky cauldron. It was best.She could purchase her new broom another day. For now, being in safety was best. After that weird ..incident in the book store.

Leaky Cauldron

Once inside the leaky cauldron, people were tucked together in groups trying to understand the mess of today in fear. She found a squeaky wooden chair to sit in, placing her books on the table, and folding her hands. The same book that was missing from the shelf sat atop the rest of her books. " How-" The book shimmered this time before disappearing. Her eyes glanced around hoping no one saw that magic trick. Otherwise, they would all point at her, and call her an evil doer.