All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 12:00 am 

Medals: 1
Dedicated Partner (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

The black uniform was crisp and not a single wrinkle could be seen on the freshly pressed material. H. Tabbin shined in silver lettering that was delicately interwoven into a patch of navy blue expertly cut in the shape of a shield. Above that, Athena was embossed in gold. It added an air of royalty to the already pristine uniform. Upon the right breast the words "Security, Novice Level, 01-257" could be seen, but were a more plain decoration.

"Hosster Tabbin report for security detail." The words still sang in his ears. In immaculate melody. For many years now his primary concern was fending for his family, providing for siblings and an ill mother. With this opportunity he had hoped strongly to get them out of the poverty stricken environment they had seemed to be lost in. With two months of pay he could do just that. They wouldn't have to worry and they wouldn't have to fight anymore. His mother could just rest and his brother and sister could go to decent schools, something Hosster himself never had the chance to do. He would gladly sacrifice five years of his life to the depths of space for that. He would sacrifice more if it was required.

The announcer spurred him from his thoughts as the last of the names were drawn. The next lot to come onto the stage were the ones meant to be passengers, the men and women he would be either policing or protecting. However, the amount of people that approached the stage after the calling was surprisingly small. Not the worst thing in the world, Hosster mused, less people to watch over. An odd thing though, a kid walked up with the crowd. Wearing a white t-shirt and black jeans Hosster would have sworn it was his little brother Jared, but the black hair threw off the resemblance.

The rest of the people in the crowd were silent. Almost unnervingly so he thought. Hosster began approaching the spot he was told to stand in so that he could lead the passengers out when the people running the event gave their dismissal. He took proud strides, his black boots making soft beats as he walked. The collapsible baton and stun gun hung from his belt and bounced lightly on black pants as he went. When he reached his destination he stood with his hands behind his back awaiting the command.

"Who put bacon in the soap?!?!?!" - Zim

I'm writing this story! It's called The Legends of Kal'duune. You can comment about things you like or hate, but preferably the first thing, here!

This thing is my resume! Reeeeaad iiiiiit...

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 1:27 am 

Blog: View Blog (1)

Starina sighed as she waited for the rest of the members that would be joining her on the Athena station. She tugged at the bottom of her black skirt, wishing that maybe it would have been a bit longer. She brushed at the end of her red short sleeved shirt, trying to be inconspicuous about it. Her white lab coat was laid over her arm, pressed against her stomach. Her red hair was held up high in a ponytail, her black bangs brushing across her eyes. She tugged at the back of her hair as she tapped the heel of her knee high boots.

She couldn't believe she made it in, several people had applied to the same job as her, and she made it. This was her chance to get a better job, move up in the world. She could get her training on the station. She knew the book strategies, but now she needed the experience. And serving several people on a station, being on of the very few medics that would be on the station, would get that experience. She hoped that she would become sought after, for one of the other, more permanent stations.

Starina looked up as the names of the passengers to the station were announced. She studied the people who would be joining her on the station. These were the people she'd be serving, helping. She hoped that here, maybe with these people, she'd be able to start over, begin her life. Find someone to talk to....to love. Gods, she was such a girl.

She studied her crew mates and the passengers. She was struck when she noticed a young boy, clearly still in school. She studied his black hair, noticed his shocked expression with bright blue eyes. She frowned then continued looking. Starina raised a brow when she saw a man with blond hair and green eyes. He was in line with the security team. He stood in a way that suggested that he was proud to be there, combined with how crisp his uniform was. He held himself in a way that suggested he could be a soldier easily.

As a crew member, she knew that she was suppose to be one of the first onto the station. She looked up as the doctor of the station nudged her and nodded backwards. She turned and followed him to where they were suppose to go for boarding. As far as she could tell, the ceremony was still going on.

Off through the woods I go, to see my sister Snow White. My red cloak flows behind me, bright splash of color among a background of dark green and black. Let the Wolf find me, I'll invite him along, hoping that maybe we can eventually be. This I promise because my life is no fairy tale.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 1:34 am 

Dedicated Partner (1)

Novice Security Agent Hosster Tabbin followed his superior officer into the massive atrium that would be their transportation to the Athena space station. It loomed over them like a slumbering beast. It's entrance the maw into a place you could never escape... And one by one the passengers and crewmen alike entered the hungry chasm.

A sense of foreboding overtook Hosster in this moment. A twisting knot rose from the pit of his stomach and wrapped icy tendrils around his lungs. The air escaped him and he could feel his heart begin to race, a rapid pulse that threatened to smash through his ribs. He closed his eyes and focused on his breathing. Everything's fine, his thoughts came to him halfheartedly,nthere is no reason to panic. He told himself to do his job. There was no choice anymore; he needed the money and if he didn't get it his family would be the one's to suffer.

The message over the intercom took him by surprise. "Two months?" His words were but a whisper in the storm of voices that swirled around him. The people running the operation had said only a couple of days. Not months, but it was too late for anyone to back out now. The door slid shut and sealed them all to whatever awaited them.

Panic only increased. Hosster did the best he could to try and be a calm breeze in the cyclone around him, but no one heard. He began to yell for order. "Everyone needs to stay calm and remain seated!" Again no one listened. One of the passengers attempted to open the sealed dorr and even threw a punch at Hosster, but Hosster was quick to dodge out of the way and even quicker to subdue the man.

I'm writing this story! It's called The Legends of Kal'duune. You can comment about things you like or hate, but preferably the first thing, here!

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 1:56 am 

'Two months?' Starina's eyes were wide and the doctor she stood by was silent. "What do they mean two months?" she asked no one.

She started hyperventilate before she could stop herself. The doctor she had stayed close to stood in front of her, talking to her. Then she understood what he was saying.

"Breath with me Starina. In. Out." Star calmed down quickly, slowing her breathing down as she watched his chest. She looked up at him and nodded.

He sighed and nodded back, "These people are panicking. We need to get to the ones that are having panic attacks and calm them down." She nodded and closed her eyes.

"Yes sir," she answered. Star spun and started going through the crowd. She was looking for those who would be curled up on the ground most likely. Star cried out in shock when one man attacked her.

"You work for these people! Why are they doing this? Why are you doing this?!" he yelled at her. He forced her to stumble backwards. He was still holding onto her and yelling when she bumped into someone. Star screamed in slight fear with her eyes wide.

'Oh Gods, she was going to die. No, she had to calm down. Think rationally.' She grabbed onto the mans wrists and tried to shove him away but she was too weak.

"Please help me!" she cried as she was shoved into someone again. She grabbed onto the material of the person's clothes that she was shoved into. She hoped that they would help her.

Off through the woods I go, to see my sister Snow White. My red cloak flows behind me, bright splash of color among a background of dark green and black. Let the Wolf find me, I'll invite him along, hoping that maybe we can eventually be. This I promise because my life is no fairy tale.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 5:17 pm 

Fallon growled as another a man tried hitting her. She grabbed his arm and shoved him against the wall. Unfortunately for her, she was still in her soldier uniform, therefore the passengers tried taking their anger out on her. She could hear a booming voice over the intercom through the rioting passengers. Shouts still rung out as the captain spoke. So Fallon let out a loud booming howl to get everyone to shut up.

The Worgen looked back up that the Captain on stage, her hand still pinning the man who tried fighting her against the wall. She listened to the man use the space execution threat and stayed silent. She wasnt afraid of dying, after all she put her life on the line every day. But the thought of killing everyone on the ship by suffocation seemed just a little wrong. Then again, cutting the troublemakers down one by one would take too long.

Her attention was caught by the little girl who fell. Fallon almost shook her head. The tiny human wouldve been trampled in no time and killed on sight without any word. Indeed, two months was a long time but this was supposed to be a vacation after all. Why couldnt everyone just enjoy themselves?

The Human/Doctor: But you made me.
The Doctor: Exactly. You were born in battle. Full of blood and anger and revenge. to Rose. Remind you of someone? That's me, when we first met. And you made me better. Now you can do the same for him.
Rose: But he's not you.
The Doctor: He needs you. That's very me.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 12:23 am 

Dedicated Partner (1)

The world around him was a blur as he methodically worked in restraining the more violent members of the panic stricken mob. By the time it would die down Hosster knew he would walk away with a decent number of bruises. Some of the passengers put up a pretty hard fight, but Hosster had fought harder. Scared philanthropists were nothing compared to the cold blooded killers he had become accustomed to.

The voice came suddenly, its only warning was the howl of a wolfkin that was also working to restrain frightened passengers. Despite the power of the voice its origin was still a little shocking. The same black haired kid from earlier, the same kid that reminded Hosster of his brother, shouted commands boldly into the captain's microphone. Hosster turned to his commander who only nodded in agreement to the kid's order. Passengers were now lined from one end of the shuttle to the other and the silence that fell over the ship was tense to say the least. Once all of the passengers were all off the floor Hosster and the other security members fell in on the left wall to keep an eye on the men and women who would go to the Athena space station. The kid's threat to space someone was a ballsy move and it seemed to shut some people up, but he knew it was mostly for show. None the less no passenger was going to risk being shot out of an airlock.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 4:46 am 

Starina leaned against the wall, holding her arms. She could feel the bruises forming from the man who had held onto her. That boy, he could lead, but he was a little rough around the edges. And that howl, there was more then humans on this flight. She sighed to herself, after all that happened, many were bound to be hurt.

Turning to the woman beside her she gave a concerned look, "Are you hurt ma'am?" The woman looked at her in confusion before holding out her arm.

"Something happened. I can't tell what's wrong with it." Starina nodded and took her arm gently. She probed it gently and stopped when the woman flinched.

Star gave her a smile, "Ok. You dislocated your elbow, ma'am. Hold still and I'll set it." The woman took a deep breath and nodded. Star nodded back and got the woman's arm into position. The woman yelled as Star relocated the bones.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 1:12 pm 

Fallon shuffled in behind the other passengers. She was by far the tallest so it was easy to pick her out in the crowd. She looked bored, taking in the sights as everyone else. She couldnt wait to get to her dorm room. The worgen was exhausted. She pulled an all nighter the day before and she was beginning to get grumpy.

A passenger behind her slammed into the worgens back. She turned her giant wolfy head and snarled at him. The man quickly apologize and tried backing away. Fallon could smell his fear scent. The stench was overwhelming and very delightful. She took a step towards him, the wold animal side taking over. Her jaws began watering as she thought of his blood dripping down her muzzle and his bones crunching between her teeth. She grew closer and closer, forcing the man to take a step back each time. The tantalizing fear scent was overwhelming. She wanted him, needed to feed on him.

Then she stopped. She shook her giant wolfy head, banishing away the thoughts. She couldnt eat the stupid humans.

The Doctor: Exactly. You were born in battle. Full of blood and anger and revenge. to Rose. Remind you of someone? That's me, when we first met. And you made me better. Now you can do the same for him.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 1:44 pm 

Dedicated Partner (1)

The tension began to calm down as the crowd began dispersing into the dormitories. Many of the passengers still held an air of aggression, but at least now they were controlling it. They would need to find a way to make amends with their patrons before there was a full blown mutiny.

"Agent Tabbin."

A voice came from behind him. Hosster turned to see his commanding officer Agent Royce approaching him. "Yes sir? What do you need?"

Security Agent, Advanced Level, Jackson Royce looked Hosster Tabbin up and down as if appraising him. When he spoke his voice sounded with confidence. "I need someone to assist the medical personnel. We don't need any of them getting hurt while trying to give medical attention."

"Yes sir." Hosster said. Shoulders were held high as he watched Agent Royce walk away. Whether or not he was specifically chosen for this task he was given his first order.

Hosster wasn't sure if she was the first doctor that he saw or he went to her for other reasons, but he approached the red haired woman all the same. Her identification badge hung loosely from her coat. Starina Menning. "Ummm." He stuttered a little as he spoke. A quick second of breathing helped him compose himself. "Do you require any assistance? I was asked to help assure no harm came to the medical personnel as they made their rounds." Hosster felt like his words came out a little awkward.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 3:45 pm 

Star was fussing with her bag when she sighed and dropped it. She shook out hehe lab coat and but it on before stooping to grab her bag. She started walking when she was stopped. She looked up in surprise when the man she had seen earlier in uniform approach her. She bit her lip and tried not to giggle when he stuttered. So much for being a proud soldier. The man took a deep breath and Star raised an eyebrow.

"Do you require any assistance? I was asked to help assure no harm came to the medical personnel as they made their rounds." The man asked, a slightly awkward look on his face. She glanced at his chest, to his name tag. H. Tab in shined on the tag brightly.

"Mr. Tabbin, is it? I would like someone to help me. Whenever I tried earlier I was attacked," Star rubbed her arm where the bruise was still forming.

"I would like to put my luggage in my room first if you don't mind." She stated to the blond who stood above her. She studied his face for a second and took in his green eyes before turning. She started down the halls and towards her room, with so few people she knew shed either be by herself or with one other person.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 5:16 pm 

Dedicated Partner (1)

Starina walked down the hall and toward her dorm. Hosster was soon to follow and as he took his first step the kid with the black hair walked head long into his chest. "Sorry sir." He mumbled as he turned to walk away.

"Hey kid? Are you all right?" Hosster asked as he gently grabbed his shoulder. His voice was genuinely compassionate. "You look a little sick. Do you need anything?"

The kids eyes looked a little glazed over. It was a familiar sight. Countless times Hosster had seen his parents with that same stressed out look, but for them it usually revolved around money. He had no real idea what would be bothering this kid. Unless maybe it was the news that the trip would take two months, but that didn't seem very likely. Hosster watched this teenager humiliate the captain by besting him at his own duty.

"Doctor. Go get your things." Hosster turned to look at Starina. "I'll be here when you're done." Turning back, he found the kids eyes. "So what's your name kid?"

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:52 pm 

Nikolai's eyes flashed with mute surprise as the captain's words sank in, resounding with great importance in the deathly-quiet place. The program had claimed that the U.S. Columbus was supposed to be at Athena within two days, not two months. Not that he was complaining; the more time he spent away from civilization, the better. Yet something about the whole thing made him uncertain.

Why would the captain only reveal this information now? he thought, uncertain fears skittering about in the back of his mind.

Standing at the back of the group of crewmembers that had filed into the room some time after the beginning of the assembly, Nikolai made a few furtive glances at the equally-shocked faces of the crew and passengers. He adjusted his standard-issue technician's uniform uncomfortably, unused to the stiff, tight clothing. To him, it was a costume. A falsehood. He had lied to get his position on board the U.S. Columbus; doctored a résumé and invented an identity just so that he might leave Earth and flee the underworld that welcomed him no longer. With this new information, he wondered if the lies were worth it.

Looking back up, he saw the panic spread like wildfire among the passengers, forcing some members of the crew to step in and control the situation. Skirmishes broke out among the passengers and crew until someone had stepped in and made threats of execution if the objectors did not comply. It was too late to flee, so crew and passenger alike had nothing to but accept the situation, whatever that may be. Nikolai didn't plan to revolt any time soon, but that they were so quick to announce execution as an option worried him greatly.

Resolutely dragging his mind back to the matter at hand, he stood back as the security and other crewmembers put the passengers against the wall and let out a hesitant sigh of relief as the passengers began to calm down, signaling the end of the first of what he expected to be many incidents in the weeks to come. His bright blue-green eyes scanned the scene, agitation beginning to subside.

Once the passengers had been calmed and brought back into line, the captain showed them around the vessel, indicating the dorms and other such utilities. As Nikolai had already taken the time to study the vessel's layout before boarding, he was already aware of these things. Following the group with short, even strides, he was preoccupied with the reason behind the captain's deceit. His footfalls fell into a rhythmic pace as he considered the possibilities, but in the end he could only hazard guesses at what the agenda might be, or if there was even an agenda at all.

He paid for his concentration when he crashed into a passenger in front of him. Nikolai looked up in surprise to see the large, black worgen towering over him, staring down at him down with furious crimson eyes. He stammered out a quick apology, remembering the ease with which the worgen had subdued one of the rioting passengers.

"Oh, sorry. I... I wasn't looking where I was going. Completely my fault." Nikolai said as he took a prompt step backward.

Snarling and unappeased by his apology. the large creature made another graceful step towards him. Nikolai made another step in retreat, but she stepped even closer until she quite literally standing over him. Her nose twitched at she took in his scent, and her mouth looked like it had begun to water. Nikolai looked about to see that all the other passengers had moved on, leaving him alone with the powerful worgen.

After a few torturous seconds, she shook her head and left Nikolai in her tracks. As he watched the worgen's powerful stride quickly leave him behind, he hoped that the display was simply a demonstration and not genuine anger.

I don't want to make an enemy of her, he thought, not brave enough to say it aloud. He stood alone in the empty hall for a moment, struck frozen by uncertainty, before running after the other passengers.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:35 am 

Fallon made her way over to her designated dorm room. She had to have been tired out. That could be only logical explanation for wanting to eat the kid. Either that or the thought of being trapped with a bunch of humans was making her go insane.

The worgen laid down on the bed. It was nice for the most part. The room was a bit small for her taste but at least she didn't have to share with anyone. She turned her wolfy head towards the window and gazed out. The view outside was beautiful. She could see every star and planet in their galaxy. In all honesty it was quite surreal.

Fallon sighed again and let her head fall to hit the pillow. It wasnt long before her body relaxed enough to nap.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:25 am 

Star nodded back to the kid she had seen earlier, the one who had calmed everything down. She turned to Mr. Tabbin who stopped the kid to talk to him. When he turned back to her told her he'd be just second she smiled. Doctor huh? Maybe she should let him know she wasnt actually a doctor. Medical personnel yes, doctor no.

She turned and started down the hall to her room. Walking in she placed her bag on her bed before opening it. Star sighed as she pulled out a couple of things and placed them next to the bag. With a quick glance in the mirror she made sure her hair was up in a ponytail and out of her way. She grabbed her stethoscope and wrapped it around her neck. With a sigh she turned back and walked out of the room and looked around.

She watched as the female worgen walked into a room, clearly hers. Star was curious about her, she didn't know much about her kind, but she had always liked wolves.

As she started back down the hall she stumbled as a man ran past her. Slightly pale, as if he had just been scared a second ago.

"Hey! Becareful you prick!" She yelled after. She was tired of these people running over her. She did not want to have so many bruises all over her. With another sigh Star continued on her way back to where she had left her current officer.