All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sylus Academy:First Year
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:29 pm 

Location: Second star to the right and strait on 'till morning!
Medals: 1
Supporter (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

The city-island Endorserate had always impressed Darius. Maybe it was because it was built by the earthy magic of it's founder and ruler, Constantine Sylus, but it was a perfect size for the population on it, with enough space for one very large city and several farms. It was almost always a pleasant temperature, never too hot in the summer, but never quite cold enough to snow in the winter. It was positioned near important boat routs in the Atlantic ocean, so it had plenty of trade, and as was important to people like Dare, it had awesome waves on every beach. It was, in a word perfect.

So as he stood there in his official school shirt (which was heavier clothing then he normally liked), his trusty dragon Char standing at attention at his side, with a group of brand new students, Dare decided that he wanted them to appreciate the island as much as he did. He wanted them to understand this might be the best island in the world, and that was coming from an expert on islands.

"Good morning, new students!" he said as cheerfully as possible. "And welcome to Sylus Academy. My name is Dare, you're student body officer, guide and mentor. I'm here to take you on a tour of the island, answer your questions, and be of whatever help I can be for you."

"And speaking of questions," Dare continued on his prepared speech, "are there any before we get started?"

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Tyler didn't like islands.

He'd had an exhausting flight to get to Endorserate, and he couldn't understand why the old man who made the place couldn't have been sensible and placed it closer to anything else. No, he had to make sure everyone had to fly out in a cramped metal tube to get to him. Tyler managed to get settled in with his family (something other students probably didn't need to do) despite the jet lag and exhaustion of traveling, only to be told he had an outdoor meeting the next morning, bright an early. He was only thankful that unlike some of the other students, he had gotten there a day early or he'd have to deal with everything at once.

The meeting was, as it turned out, badly named as it was in fact a tour. The guide looked like he belonged on an island, probably one without anyone else on it, and had what looked like a small dragon at his heels, scanning the group of students as its master spoke.

And then the blond beach boy asked for any questions.

"Sure, I have one." Tyler said, "can we just skip the tour? I'm sure I can figure out where the bathrooms are on my own."

Dare gave Tyler a sour look. Dare already could tell that this one was going to be a problem. "The tour is required," Dare said testily. It was the canned response, or he would have added 'you little ****,' to the end. The kid was what, sixteen? And with his preppy clothes and fancy hair, Dare immediately disliked him.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:40 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Fray had spent his whole savings coming to Endorserate. He knew all about the programs to bring the "Hero Children" there with minimum hassle, but handouts weren't his style anymore. The island seemed a fitting move. He'd decided that his armor was probably the most fitting attire for the first meeting as a reflection of the world he'd visited and left behind. He'd gotten a house meant for a family, but had left it empty aside from a suitcase full of trinkets.

The tour was an opportunity for him to see what was going on here. Assess weaknesses. Figure out how to do things right. He didn't have any questions yet. The questions that he did want to ask weren't the questions to ask among others.

He fixed his eyes on the dragon at the guide's side and wondered where such a creature would belong.

Then he heard Tyler's question about skipping the tour. This is why you were supposed to work for things. You learned more that way, and when wearing clothes so audacious, it was obvious that this guy had things far too easy.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Sylus Academy:First Year
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:02 pm 

I have returned

One Week Earlier-

Archer opened the door too the small one-room apartment he and Farril were currently renting. First thing he noticed was the letter on the bed. Walking over to it, he carefully place his bag on the bed and picked the letter up. The name of the letter said Sylus Academy, and Archer turned towards Farril as she walked in and collapsed on her bed. She was dressed in a pair of grey cargo pants with a red long sleeve shirt, a small black fedora perched atop her bright red hair. Archer held out the letter towards her.
"You have any idea who this is from?" Archer said as he handed her the letter. Picking it up in her hands, she turned it over, looking at the name.
"Oh, I think I remember hearing about this place! It's supposed to be some kind of school for people like us. Remember we got a letter from them right before we got on the plane. You know, the one you burned." Farril gave Archer an eye, then turned back towards the letter.
"These guys are really persistent, don't you think? You sure you don't want to go there? Maybe people will leave us alone. I've been wishing you hadn't burned the last one ever since those guys in suits stopped us at the air port." 'Stopped us' was putting it lightly. The idiots had tried to put them in hand cuffs when Archer said they weren't interested. They even tasered him when he resisted. The air port security had to get involved before the guys left them alone. It was getting really annoying.
"Yes I'm sure, we don't need anyone's help to protect ourselves. We've done it fine for eight years before we got dragged here, so I see no reason to look for help now. Besides, we're back in America now. Land of the free and all that."

A knock came from the door. Archer got up off the bed and looked through the little eye hole. Nobody was there. His senses went on high alert, signaling to Farril, Archer slowly opened to door to look around. As soon as it was opened, a small tranquilizer hit Archer in the neck. Caution to the wind, Archer literally throw the door off its hinges into the offender, revealing four more guys all in black suits and armed with dart guns. The closest rose his gun to fire, only to have get a kick to the gut and his head smashed into the wall for his efforts. The other three were able to fire off their guns into Archer's chest, his vision was already starting to go. Spur of the moment, archer grabbed the dropped gun of the first assaulted, as quickly filled the other three with darts. His legs have out under him as they dropped unconscious.
Farril ran up behind Archer, her arms partly converted to their weapon form. On her half of the hall was another three unconscious foes. There was a dart in Farril's neck but thanks to her magic she was relatively unaffected. As he slipped in black Archer got out a few words.
"The letter, we go there." Then he slipped into a deep sleep.

----------

Now-

Archer stood near the back of the group, his travel bag strapped across his cloak. Hid jet black hair hanging down his back in a small pony tail, Farril's idea. She stood right next to him, white shirt and skinny jeans, with a wide brimmed straw hat and red glasses, her hair was also in a pony tail. The two had arrived on the island three days ago, having left the USA with a complimentary guard. The FBI was denying any knowledge of the attack, and was all too happy to help them get to someplace where they wouldn't have to guard the pair. They hadn't seen or heard anything about their assaulters other than they weren't talking. Farril was looking all over the place, her usual happy-go-lucky smile plastered on her face. Archer was looking around too, except he was looking for anything that could be trouble, and he was smiling, or frowning, or anything. His face was blank and empty of emotion, like always.

Archer was assessing the other students around him, in particular was what looked like a somewhat older man in armor. Upon closer inspection he could tell he wasn't actually all that old, his look and scars spoke of a grizzled old war commander, like many Archer had met, but his posture was that of a young man. He has likely seen more combat that most, keep tabs on him for sure.
When Darius walked out with his dragon, Archer tapped Farril and pointed out the beast.
"What's your assessment of that man's dragon?" Farril was good with these kinds of things. Being a magic expert was part of her job. Turning her head towards the class president, she put a finger her lips for a second before coming to a decision.
"That dragon is a familiar, only a baby as far as dragons go, at least from our world. There is a magic connection between the two, powerful too. This is definitely somewhat to watch for." Archer nodded, filling the information away. Darin had the bearings of a leader, authority was in his voice. His stature and posture spoke power and speed. Definitely someone to watch for.

Archer gave the smart-ass a look over. High class from birth, high intelligence, and a really high ego. Archer decided to side with Daren on this one.
"Don't be a little **** now junior, maybe he can show you where the gym is, heaven knows you could use a work out." The flat tone the insult was delivered in made it sound like it was intended as good honest advice. Much laughter was had.

Last edited by Jack Spade on Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:27 pm 

Supporter (1)

Tyler mentally bristled at the new voice. Out of reflex he, instead of turning around, mentally brought up a magic code program that changed the reflective properties of the air in front of him to make a mirror only he could see. He saw the guy calling him out without having to move, and he disliked him. They guy was big, well built, and had a pretty girl at his side. He was also older then Tyler, but that was par for the course as far as he was concerned. Tyler was used to dealing with people older then him. But as he opened his mouth to speak, Dare interrupted.

"I should also let you know," Dare said loudly, "that I'm also in charge of disciplining new students, so I'd appreciate it if you guys at least tried to get along." He gave first Tyler, and then Archer a meaningful look, which char punctuated with a spark-sprouting snort.

"Any other questions?" Dare said again, a little less friendlier this time.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:23 pm 

The Scarlet Harlot of CF

Medals: 9
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Most Dedicated (1)
Blog: View Blog (10)

Cathrine had to re-read the invite to stylus academy over and over again before it made sense. There were others out there like her in some way? It made her feel strange in some manner to have to be invited to a school for gifted children.

This invite brought her to an island. The island was beautiful. Waves crashed against small sparkles of sand and gray rock. A village met the beach and further on there was a forest. She was taken by boat to get here and then forced to figure out where to go from here. The village was obviously the first spot that her eyes saw. Her legs picked up as she ran towards the village. of course if she was lucky she would make it to school in time. Though being fashionably late was nice too.

Before reaching her destination there was a man. He was standing tall with a Stylus Academy shirt on and some sort of dragon next to him? The dragon looked to be about the height of a greyhound and was covered in red scales. Those were real?

"Good morning, new students!" She planted her feet into the sand skidding to a spot at the words. "And welcome to Sylus Academy. My name is Dare, you're student body officer, guide and mentor. I'm here to take you on a tour of the island, answer your questions, and be of whatever help I can be for you."Her eyes met with the man’s as she tried to read if this was a truth or a lie. But it seemed it was neither a lie nor a truth from the way his eyes fluttered. Not that she had the power to actually tell the difference. "And speaking of questions,"are there any before we get started?"

She had a few questions but before jumping down his throat she chose to wait for someone else to ask a few questions.

"Sure, I have one." Her head spotted the thin black haired boy that had oval glasses.There was an item in his hands while his hair was shaved on the sides but long on the back. He was strange but no as strange as the men that she had seen in Olympus or even the demons. "can we just skip the tour? I'm sure I can figure out where the bathrooms are on my own."A jumble of laughter and hushed agreements washed over some of the other students. This boy was full of himself surely?

"The tour is required," A smile crossed her face at the words of the tour master or president of the school probably. He did look like a surfer man but there was nothing wrong with checking out your superiors right?

"Don't be a little **** now junior, maybe he can show you where the gym is, heaven knows you could use a work out." She darted her eyes to the next person that spoke fully aware that this person was taking daren’s side.

"I should also let you know," Before the other boy could reply Daren interrupted him. "that I'm also in charge of disciplining new students, so I'd appreciate it if you guys at least tried to get along." A huff escaped her lips. Show’s them to start fights."Any other questions?"

“ I do have a question. How did you find out we traveled to another world? “ This question was probably one that everyone else was going to avoid. But her curiosity was bound to take control.She placed her hands into her jean pockets allowing the wind to freely blow her long brown hair around. Oh god, The work it will be to fix that mess. She waited a second before asking another question. “ Where is the school exactly and where do we sleep?”

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:39 pm 

Supporter (1)

Dare smiled a little bit at the girls new question. He remembered what it was like to make it back home. The world had changed a lot.

"That's a good question," he said, "let's answer it as we move. This way, if you please."

The island looked fairly frosted from the dock, and the port area looked like a small town, but only a few yards into the tree line, the rest of the islands city became visible. The whole thing was actually very impressive as well. None of the buildings were very tall, three or four stories at most, but all of them had many underground levels, making the whole thing fare less noticeable. There were, however, a few impressive buildings, such as...

"Here to your left is the main signal tower," Dare explained as they passed a fairly tall building with all sorts of antenna's and dishes on it. "While it's possible to tune in to most radio signals most anywhere on the island, this tower is the main way we receive cellphone reception, internet access, and the receiver for our own local radio stations." Dare turned to address the girl form before as he added, "It's also attached to the Academy's computer system that scans for any Hero Child related news. It might have been kind of obscure when some of you left this world, but now a Hero Child's departure and return is a newsworthy occurrence, and we make it our job to know about it."

In truth, Hero Children were a well known phenomenon when Dare 'left,' but some children were taken earlier or from more obscure parts of the world, and were still making it back to earth (if they did at all). Dare was sure that this girl must have some reason for not knowing this, and decided to let it go without mention. It was bad enough of a time coming back, it wouldn't do to make it harder on her by drawing too much attention to her ignorance.

Dare noticed Char flying overhead and already heading in the direction of the school grounds. The little dragon always seemed to know where Dare was going to be, and often times Dare used him as a sort of compass as to where to go and when. Now was no exception.

"This way if you please," he said, motioning towards a path up the hill.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Much to Tyler's chagrin, he had to admit that the tour was interesting.

The main town/city (it was hard to gauge the real size, as most of it was underground), was interesting on its own, being so ecologically sound, nothing like the buildings in Neo Angales. The whole island seemed to be made to be some sort of paradise, which was pleasantly calming. Tyler didn't trust it in the least. The last time he was told some place was a utopia, he ended up getting shot at a LOT, and leading a rebellion against the standing government. He was hoping this wasn't the same way, that this place was actually working towards a real kind of peace, but that was yet to be seen.

It was when they made it to the Academy Campus that Tyler really started to appreciate the tour however. The whole campus was built into the side of a rather large hill, each building seemingly made part of the land scape without disappearing into it or being difficult to spot. From the specks and statistics the tour guid was spouting off, it seemed like they were impressively stocked with all sorts of research equipment and staff as well. Tyler didn't need anything explained more then the tour was providing, but he was curious as to what questions the others were going to ask. A man's (or woman's) questions could tell a lot about them...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:35 pm 

The island was hitting all the wrong notes for Fray. The buildings made part of the earth just like Halter in the mountain. He wondered what was going to make this place safe enough now that they'd painted such a large target with the gathering of Hero Children. There was no wall, there was no magical barrier. He couldn't help but feel that somewhere in the lower levels he'd find Ameria's corpse butchered. The blood and flesh that was exposed by casting spread across the stone floors into grotesque patterns.

The wind that should of been pleasant in his sun-baked armor just enforced how exposed this place was on the surface.

He burned off the stubs of hair that were just peaking on his head leaving a thin silvery smoke behind. There was no way that Fray could live next to the reminders of how he'd failed and went for an unlikely question that Ameria had scolded him for when he was homesick. "Can you scry into the worlds we came from?" If he knew for sure whether he'd succeeded or failed, he might at least sleep soundly tonight. He wouldn't have to imagine the horror he put them through by failing.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:37 pm 

I have returned

Farrin tapped Archer on the shoulder after his retort to the smart-Alek. "The kid just used some magic. He basically turned the air in front of him into a personal mirror. The magic is odd, I've never seen anything back." Archer nodded, filing the information away for later. If Farrin wasn't familiar with the magic who knew what he could do.

Dare's response to Archer's retort was firm, and likely to be followed through if needed. Archer was perfectly fine to obey. Dare was definitely used to being the authority figure, and pretty good at it. Archer nodded his head in Dare's direction, content to step back an listen.

Archer turned toward the girl when she mentioned one of the many elephants in the room. Archer himself hadn't made such a big fuss about his return and yet apparently everyone and their grandmother knew he had come back. And brought a girl home with him. Maybe some other questions, like who the heck wanted to kidnap him, would also be answered here.
Archer turned towards Farrin, "What about that girl back there." The people who are willing to ask questions are usually worth notice. She turned backward, and her eyes widened slightly.
"God magic, though at a lower level than I've seen it. My guess is she's a demigod of some sort, or she was blessed by a god. I'm seeing two kinds of magic so he was most likely blessed by two separate gods. Keep an eye on her." Archer's mind thought back to the few gods he had met. Hopefully her gods were more like Nicholi and less like Xaniff. Archer had enough of devil worshipers for one lifetime.

As they entered the city, Archer was reminded of the dwarf cities he had visited, with everything being under ground. Hopefully it was more like Gerand with lots of bright underground caverns and massive carved pillars, and less like Silver Mountain with its claustrophobic tunnels and lack of light. Either way, since it was underground they could have all sorts of defenses that nobody could see. Both of his experiences with Dwarf cities had been well defended, and could and had held off a few dragons. He expected this to be a trait shared with this city.

As they neared the campus, the grizzled war commander asked his question. Archer was personally interested in this as well. It would be nice to know how Navi and Sullivan were doing. What kind of trouble were those two getting into trying to find him and Farrin. If he could somehow contact them and reassure them that they were ok, that would be great.

As Archer looked around, he saw an extreme lack of defenses. If this place was supposed to protect him from those men in black, how was it going to do it. "Hey, Farrin," Archer turned towards her, "what kind of defenses does this place have?"
Farrin turned towards Archer and tilted her head slightly. "You mean from those suited guys? I don't see much, but that's besides the point. Every person here is a skilled fighter of some kind or another. If someone was to attack this place, they'd have to fight the greatest fighters of hundreds of different worlds. Unless they got their own army of Heros, they'd be in for one heck of a fight." Farrin then turned back towards Dare and left Archer to his thoughts.

As he looked around, Archer realized that she was right. This small group was only new comers, there was probably hundreds of people just like them, all fighters, all experts in their craft, and all capable of kicking butt and taking names. There had to be some kind of sparing club around here, some place he could do some sparring, a dojo or a fight club of some kind.
"I also have a question, is there any kind of sparring club around here. I'd like to keep my combat skills honed." Archer called out to Dare. The

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:41 am 

Supporter (1)

Dare frowned at the first question. He had honestly never wanted to see his old world. There were a lot of things he would never want to experience, like Water Boarding and listening to a whole Beaber Album. At the very top of the list was even thinking too much of the Wild Lands, let alone seeing it again.

He still had to answer the question.

"Ahh..." he said awkwardly, "That's not something I've heard much about, but the Theoretical Magi-Physics department would be the people to talk to."

Tyler scoffed a little to himself at that one. The idea of tracking down a specific planet on a specific dimension that a specific person lived in at a specific time and just hoping you even got someone who remembered you was like trying to thread a flying needle with a spider thread shot out of a cannon, riding on horseback backwards and blindfolded. Twice. He didn't say anything this time though. The level of information it would take was just to much.

The second question was actually pretty easy.

"Well, fighting clubs are pretty common here. As you can imagine, a lot of hero children want to keep up their hard earned skills, so almost every kind of combat club imaginable can be found on campus, as well as magic combat, parcore, and other similar activies. Making a new club based on a specific combat style, magical, or physical activity is fairly easy, and can be formed with only a little organization."

It was a comfortable speech at this point, Dare had practiced it with Char reading from a page and making sure he did it right.

Speaking of the little devil, Char took that particular moment to glide in and prance at Dare's side. Char mentally nodded, letting Dare know that he did it right.

"On with the tour then?" he asked finally.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:38 pm 

Medals: 3
Most Patient (1) 1st Year (1)
Most Helpful Member (1)

Rudolph walked through the halls, yawning. He had gotten a late start to the day, but he wasn't too worried. A memo had been sent around that the new students were coming in today and that Dare would be taking them on the tour. Rubbing the back of his head, he turned the corner that would lead to the entryway of the school and froze. He heard Dare's voice and groaned inwardly. It wasn't that he disliked the other guy, it was just that he really didn't want to meet the new people to the island.

Though it didn't look like he had much choice as he did his best to try and ease out the front door and around the tour group. He wasn't holding out hope as the entrance was pretty exposed to the group but maybe...Just maybe he could get by. Though as Dare announced on with the tour, Rudolph sighed in defeat and moved towards the doors to help hold them open in case that was the next stop on the tour. "Hey Dare. Have you got to the type of classes yet?"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:40 pm 

Supporter (1)

Dare noticed Rudolph coming around the corner and smiled inwardly. The guy was probably hoping to avoid the tour, and he walked right into it. To be honest, Dare was about to ignore him with a fierceness in an attempt to mitigate Rudolph's discomfort, but the little guy almost literally threw himself into the tour when he held open the door and then his mouth.

"That was next on the tour," Dare admitted before turning to address the new students. "This is Rudolph, an engineering student here. As he would tell you, the Academy's classes doesn't just specialize in magic, but in fact has wold class teachers for every subject and level of education. The point of classes here at the Academy is not to simply hone your skills earned on your various adventures, but also to help all of you catch up with your studies, the things you've missed. Classes range from theoretical physics to fifth grade math, and recent world events to modern technology."

Dare smiled at the end of the required shpeel, and added, "There's even a few class set up to help you catch up on popular media, the most popular class on campus."

Dare motioned the group into the main building, giving Rudolph a friendly nod as they passed. The building inside was well lit, and actually fairly roomie for being underground. The wall colors were a pleasant tan color, and the whole thing was meticulously clean. Doors lined each hallway with classes already in session behind them. They walked for a while, Dare explaining what each classroom was for, before he turned around.

"Any more questions before we finish the tour?" he asked.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:15 pm 

The Scarlet Harlot of CF

Medals: 9
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Most Dedicated (1)
Blog: View Blog (10)

"That's a good question, let's answer it as we move. This way, if you please." Cathrine watched as he lead them into a city like area past the trees. There was a city? She did not see the city coming in .There were a few buildings that caught her eye."Here to your left is the main signal tower,"The buildings was fairly tall with all sorts of antenna’s and dishes on it. "While it's possible to tune in to most radio signals most anywhere on the island, this tower is the main way we receive cellphone reception, internet access, and the receiver for our own local radio stations."

The tour guide then turned to look right at her. "It's also attached to the Academy's computer system that scans for any Hero Child related news. It might have been kind of obscure when some of you left this world, but now a Hero Child's departure and return is a newsworthy occurrence, and we make it our job to know about it." A hero child’s departure? She blinked for a second. Was this a hint that she could find out who was the evil man from the world she just came from? “This way if you please,”The guide directed them up the hill.

It seemed the campus was built into the side of a rather large hill. It seemed each building blended in with the landscape not standing out too much. A few questions were thrown out to the tour guide as they went along. Most of the questions gave her a good idea of wha t she is expected to know.

"Hey Dare. Have you got to the type of classes yet?"A man held a door open asking the tour guide a question. This person must be some sort of a teacher. "This is Rudolph, an engineering student here. As he would tell you, the Academy's classes doesn't just specialize in magic, but in fact has wold class teachers for every subject and level of education. The point of classes here at the Academy is not to simply hone your skills earned on your various adventures, but also to help all of you catch up with your studies, the things you've missed. Classes range from theoretical physics to fifth grade math, and recent world events to modern technology." In an word groan came out of her lips. Math would not be an issue for her considering the world she came from taught her enough about math, reading, philosphy, and other stuff. However, engineering ...she would rather dive off a cliff than do that class.

She had no more questions for the tour guide. Really..It was best not to make it too obvious of where she came from. Who knew..Maybe that evil boy was in the crowd. Just the thought sent shivers down her spine as if someone gently caressed her back and muttered words of death in her ear. Her eyes darted around awaiting for the tour to end.

“ I do have one question. What do we do when we are done with the tour?Everyone just stared at her mouths agape. Of course she would be the one to ask obvious questions. Someone had to. She was smart to know she would find something to do. But there were plenty of shy classmates that needed a little shove in the right direction.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:40 pm 

Supporter (1)

Dare could almost FEEL the angst coming off the smart ass kid with glasses with the last question. Dare knew the kind of snarky comments someone like him would unleash, so he jumped on the question quickly.

"First we have a short speech in the main lecture hall from our Dean, after which you are free to spend time around the island as you see fit until classes start next Monday." The answer was, again, a canned response, but it was the best answer he could give them. They were all probably very much used to being pressed for time to save the world or some such mission. Having free time might be a little odd to them, but it was something they were just going to have to get used to.

As Dare answered the final question, Tyler rolled his eyes. He couldn't believe he was being toured around the place like some sort of freshman at collage. He'd done this already, TEN YEARS ago. The only plus side to this was he was getting a good look at the students that he, if he agreed to do so, was likely to teach in a few years. The idea of being seen as one of their peers was a little negative feeling to him, but it was seemingly inescapable. He simply resigned himself to his fate of a long boring speech sitting on the wrong side of the podium.

They group rounded a corner and saw themselves facing a large set of double doors.

"Ok, last chance for questions before Dr. Sylus' speech," Dare announced.