All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Daedalus Corperation
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:27 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

[^]Lean On Me, When You're Not Strong[^]
Around the corner of a rather crowded street in the heart of Queens, a large black van lazily makes its way. Its driver looked rather bored and unimpressed with the scorching summer day, with one hand on the wheel and the other halfway out the window. He took a moment to adjust the thick aviators which dawned his face and ran his hand acrossed his sweaty shaven head. God forbid the traffic actually move for once he thought to himself, laying on the horn.

"Hey! Let's get a move on up there!" He yelled into the crowded city streets. Truth be told he wasn't actually upset about the traffic. You see, our friend here happens to be a pirate. Different from what you would knowfrom the rum drinking ingrates so prevalent on the movie screens these days, but he and captain jack both shared one love, plunder. His usual glorious intakes have been halted, however, thanks to a gang of cyberpunk wannabes known as the Daedalus corporation. They've been at the epidamy of technology and cybernetics since anyone who knows about them can remember.

You know them, as the company Apple, but behind the scenes of watches that takes pictures and a phone that can talk to you in case you have no friends, they are the largest terror organization on the face of the globe. Now given normal circumstances, Gabriel here wouldn't give more than half of a rat's tail end about the battle between good and evil. However on a day like today, when the wind strikes him just right, and they are in possession of a microprocessor he needs for his H.A.R.D., he has decided to take part in just such a battle.

Wait Mr. Narrator, what in the name of the Arcadia ghost ship is a H.A.R.D. suit? Well our friend here isn't from our time, and while this certain piece of equipment isn't exactly high tech, it Is indeed advanced. The suit is wired into his body when he steps inside, being more of a bullet sponge than any kind of power armor. Gabriel took a peak into his rear view mirror, and smiled at the large behemoth hunk of metal hunched over in the back. It had been deactivated, and was mostly covered by shade so that anyone glancing into the van wouldn't quite notice it. Its bronze coating gleamed into his eyes, and he turned his head in a daze. Maybe if you're good you'll get to see it later.

But just one man against an entire organization? Not a chance, especially when these freaks have all manor of mechs and cyborg soldiers waiting to rip him to shreds next time they see so much as the sun reflect off of his suit. Its a good thing he's rich from years of plunder and the I very, and very ready to spend a great portion of it to hire a few fresh bounty hunters and get him his chip. Now, let's see who we can find, shall we?

[^]OOC[^]

Find some way to get Gabriel's attention and join the squad! Are you a well known criminal? A super powered vigilante whom might be using his abilities recklessly enough to catch his eye? Have you been stalking his movements and know what he's after? Or will we meet you later because you already hate the Daedalus corporation? Do you have an add in the paper? I don't friggin care, just join the fight! Although maybe you don't even want to. I wouldn't object to a cybernetic soldier showing up to oppose our cause by any means.

[^]End, Transmission. No one really likes that song anyways[^]

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:21 pm 

Medals: 2
Longest RP (1) Dedicated Partner (1)
Blog: View Blog (5)

Queens, New York, Niva thought as she walked a brisk but casual pace along the busy street, was the armpit of the Universe. People were rushing, and rude, staring into their iPhone or jarring one another, unseeing and uncaring of the other humanity that occupied their world. Her black tank top and blue jeans didn’t call attention to her for 75% of the other women were clad similarly. Her blonde hair was in a pixie cut, the better to accommodate a wig when needed, and her eyes were blotted out with black shades. The only spark of interest about her no nonsense appearance was the rhinestones glittering from the ear pieces of the sunglasses. Any one actually paying attention would peg her for one of the aspiring models who moved to New York to make it big but didn’t. A real nobody would be the assessment and that is how Niva Waldrin liked it.

Traffic jams always made her jobs so much simpler. Today was no exception. She stepped off the curb and walked between the vehicles. Horns were already blaring and no one seemed to pay her any mind for she certainly was not the cause of the congestion nor would she be the relief from it. At the shotgun side of the big black van, Niva jerked the door open and hopped inside.

Giving the big bald guy a quick and cold once over, Niva said,

“Relax, Gabriel. If the mission had been to eliminate you, you would have been dead before I slammed the door.” Her voice was sultry, like honey over a warm yeast roll. She stared at him from behind the black glasses before settling back against the seat. The seatbelt snicked into place.

“I won’t be around long but with traffic like this, better safe than sorry.” She said simply as if hopping into strange vehicles in the middle of rush hour traffic was an everyday occurrence.

“Let’s get this straight. I’m from the government and I’m here to help. “ she held up her hand. “Don’t speak. My futile attempt at humor. I am from the government and we do have a common enemy. You are embroiled in a mess with a certain corporation. The group I represent wants to fight terrorism without calling attention to the fact that said terrorists are being acknowledged. I’m off the books, so to speak. You have been dubbed, for all general and practical purposes, Iron Man, after the character played by Robert Downey, Jr, you know, Tony Stark. What can I say? We have lots of Marvel comic book fans on the squad. See, Iron Man, you are high profile and the corporation knows all about you. You need an accomplice who is a ghost, who doesn’t exist and that would be me.”

Niva crossed her arms and glanced out the window at the line of taxis drivers waving their fists out the window. She turned back to the bald man,

“Who am I? Some call me the ****ing. Some call me deadly. Others don’t call because they are dead. You may call me Niva. So here is your chance. Tell me you don’t want my help and I’m out of here faster than a fart can escape your ass. Tell me to leave and buddy, you will be on your own. No hard feelings. You will never see me again, and that includes if things go south on you with the corporation. Or you can just nod your head and keep on driving. I will be with you until we have a successful resolution. Look, traffic is moving now. Your call. What will it be?”

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:29 am 

A figure stood in the shadows of an alleyway, looking out over slow moving traffic. A least it was moving, unlike some streets at some times of the days that were nothing but stop and go traffic. THe figure didn't move, aside from it's long dark green hair that moved with the passing breeze, nothing moved about it. It just stood there, a hood up and something about it that kept the eyes from looking at it for too long. It wore leather in such a way that i was able to move any way it needed, however it was put to gether in such a way that when standing in the shadow it was hard for the eye to see the figure clearly. It wore knee high black boots how ever it had a suitable heal that could be used by a male or female. Nothing about this figure let on if it was male or female, and that was the point.

Beep! Beep! sounded in its ear, no one passing would have been able to hear it since the device making the sound was imbedded in the shadowy figures ear. On hearing the sound, the figure moved its head, looking behind it, and pushing off of the wall it rested on. Its target was near, the beeping had been barely noticeable till now, something had set it off, and the only thing that could have done such a thing would have been for its target to have moved into range of its sensors.

It turned from where it had been resting walking deeper into the shadows and seeming to disappear completely from sight. Once it was sure no one would be able to spot it, it removed it's hood to reveal that this figure was strangely human like though with more of an angular face and longer ears, but if someone from this time were to look at it's face, they would still be unable to tell if it was male or female. Though for it to look at the face of one of its own kind; it would be obvious; this shadowy figure was female. With the hood off, the shadows would meld around it, becoming stronger and distorting her form, and a blue holographic glow would come from her eyes.

BEEP! BEEP!... BEEP! BEEP! Became more insistent in her ear, making her give of a chilling smile as she took off towards the nearby wall. She would follow the beeping, knowing that it would only grow louder and more insistent the closer she came to her target. The only bad thing about this was that it would beep in the direction she would need to go, but it this wasn't an exact science, being as this was the first mission this technology had been used for.

When she reached the wall she jumped, holding her hands out in front of her, feeling the gravity around her instantly change, so that she could run in any direction. This suit had been made by the greatest minds of rogues, thieves, and assassins, for this one chance to change the future. As she ran along the sides of the walls, following the beeping and getting closer to her target she thought of home. War had broken out, the whole world completely controlled by the Daedalus Corporation. The company still hiding behind the name of a long forgotten fruit; that she had found in plenty since coming here; but now their devices were in complete mind control, and those that refused to partake in the items, were outcasted from the rest of the world, forcing them to live in radioactive cities, constantly fearful of the the next moment. This was why she was here, her only chance to stop the corporation before it was too late.

Four beeps consecutive beeps and a short pause, bringing her back from her memories and to the present. She was holding onto the side of a building, over an alleyway about three miles from where she had started, the beeping telling her that her target was close, and under her location. Without a thought or worry she scaled down the building, landing with a flip in the shadows as she looked over the area. There were about four two six lanes of cars in front of her, but her beeping earpiece didn't tell her how close the target was, just that she was within five meters of her target. She had been told that the beeping would stop the second she passed the one she needed, and pick up three steps away if she had gone to far.

The beeping she was hearing was coming from in front of her, so he was somewhere in front of her, and possibly on the other side of the highway. Taking a deep breath, she moved her hood back over her head, covering her face in a mask of shadows, exhale. Inhale, she pushed a few buttons on her wrist band, her suit changing to a grey and black hoodie, grey undershirt, black tight jeans and ankle high boots. This would help her blend in with the residents of this time frame, and the hoodie would keep people from instantly noticing that her face was different from their own, exhale. Inhale, she took off at a jog, breathing with every other step. She had to get to find this Gabriel before she lost him, and possibly lost her one chance to help him with this mission.

She dodged past three cars, the beeping in her ear becoming louder and so much more annoying, to the point that she was close to pulling it out and tossing it under a vehicle. She had passed the fourth vehicle when the beeping suddenly stopped, the last beep in her left ear. She turned her head, almost enough to snap it and saw him, her glowing blue eyes taking in his peripheral. 'That's him' she thought and started to stop, but wasn't fast enough to stop, when the car next to and a little behind Gabriel's door pulled forward with the traffic, making her slam into his passenger door.

With a curse she stumbled back, before Gabriel could move the van forward, just barely catching herself from landing on her rear completely. Once she had steadied herself she held her hands up, palms out. She was about to apologize to the man when he opened his window and started to scream curses at her for not looking where she was going, and plainly calling her all kinds of evil and unkind names. Almost instantly her body language changed, she stood up straighter, put her hands down and gave him her coldest smile ever.

"Well now, a tough guy," she said with her smile on her lips, turning to look at Gabriel. When she looked back at the other driver her smile had disappeared and her look became even more dangerous. "You have one second to either shut up and drive, or come out here and show me how tough you are." Probably the scariest thing about her, was not being able to tell if she was a man or a woman, nothing gave it away, not her form, or her voice.

This made the man stop and for the second that she counted, he looked like a gasping fish, before he turned his head away from her and rose his window. This brought a smile back to her face, which she turned back to the van, standing right where she was, arms crossed, not moving in the least despite being in front of his large black van, and the traffic was moving. "Are you Gabriel?" she asked, completely ignoring the person in the passenger seat.

So, yes, nothing but your spark will last forever.

I am having some reslly bad computer issues. For now all I have is my phone and tablet. My post length andnavsilability may suffer since all I have is my tablet and phone for the moment. If I am needed feel free to reach me on my skype account listed on my profile.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:19 pm 

[^]The Daedalus Downfall Part 1: Who are You People?![^]

"Relax Gabriel, if..." A strange woman had made her way into Gabriel's van, an instantly thought she ran the show. At first our protagonist was a little suspicious, but as she continued talking he began to realize that without any effort on his part, he had found what he was looking for. Well ain't life grand? The problem was that she seemed to think she was in charge from the get go, and Gabriel had a thing or two to say about that.

"You should probably check your surroundings before you assume you're the most dangerous thing in the room." He said, his eyes drifting downward. For a moment she might think he was staring at her rack, but she would dsoon realize he was motioning towards the strange gun on his lap. It was a laser weapon from the future which he rarely used, mostly because in comparison to his massive body and hands it looked like it was half a pea shooter. Nevertheless he tossed it in the back with the H.A.R.D. suit, a loud clatter accompanying the lurching of his wheels on ythe pavement as traffic began to continue. "Unless you've got an arsenal hidden amongst that, bodace, of yours, I'm disinclined to believe you can help me. What the government doesn't just hand out concealed weapon permits to all their agents? Obama must be pushing gun control hard up there, OH SH-"

He said this slamming on the breaks hard enough to jar himself forward, who knows about the girl half his size in the passenger seat. He had stopped short because of the small female whom seemed to be pouting in the middle of the freeway. What is this?! Make it harder to drive through new York day?!?! A few guys began blaring their horns behind him up until the point he put one arm out the window to flip them off, and his rippling biceps basically made them wet themselves and sit patiently. The girl asked if he was Gabriel, 'PSH, who does this guy think she is? No seriously, because I don't know. Why is this, the rocky horror picture show?' He thought to himself with a look on his face that said, seriously? 'At least Niko over here explained who the hell she is...'

"Yeah, I friggin guess! You want me to be the savior of the universe two?! Who else knows who I am?! It with you?" He said turning his attention back to Niva and raising an eyebrow. "Just get in dude. What are you anyways? Sorry if thats insensitive but whatever, looks like I'm a cab service anyways. But let's get one thing strait lady, and thing, I'm not in this for the good of humanity. I've got my own agenda, we're doing things my way." Now that he was in full view of both his teammates in this apparent planned meeting, they could see all he seemed to be packing were his gigantic muscles on his 6'2" body, and the clothes on his back. He wore a sweaty wife beater, not because that's all he wears, but because its friggin hot outside in the middle of June. He had a pair of simple strait cut jeans with a hole halfway down the right leg, and faded so that they were light blue. On his feet were a pair of tan workboots,. The back was still darkened from the harsh noon sun, so the hunk of metal would probably be unrecognizable to the second person getting in his van this afternoon. Man the guy behind Gabriel in traffic must have his jaw to the floor by now. Finally we can get this party started, and with that, Gabriel put his foot on the gas and hit above ten miles an hour for once today.

[^]I'm ready, I'm Ready, I'm Ready![^]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:36 am 

Niva just shook her head and crossed her arms as his look appraised her, either for her ability to take him apart at the seams or for her ability to satisfy a man’s lust. She chuckled inwardly. How very cliché, she thought. Men had often mistaken her for a femme fatale much to their detriment. Niva had no need to demonstrate her deadliness. She had nothing to prove.
“Looks can be deceiving, Iron Man. You look like you are all brawn and no brain, but my files say differently. I don’t care if you are in this mess with “The Corporation” because you want the Nobel Peace prize or because bringing those bastards to heel means you win the lottery. The end is still the same. The world is a safer place with them in check. For God’s sake. What out for the people on the street!”

The man was so busy flexing his power button, tossing weapons around and the like that he nearly hit the… What the hell was that? Niva was tossed around in the cab as Gabriel slammed on the brakes. Her quick reflexes allowed her to swiftly recover. The hood shrouded person came round to Gabriel, shouting out his name. The hood slid away to reveal long ears and a humanoid face. Niva cursed under her breath but the creature never looked her direction. Once again, someone made another sloppy mistake of seeing her as nothing but a “girl”. Once again, Niva smiled. How she loved being underestimated.

Before she could exit the van, the stranger had joined them and the van sped off, hurtling toward Gabriel’s intended destination. Raising an eyebrow, Niva settled back in the seat, interested in where this was going to take them.

“So I surmise you wish to take advantage of my expertise and contacts,” the blonde woman said, pulling down the visor to use the mirror as a means to scope out the stranger who had joined them. “I would say, someone, somewhere, is aware of you and has set plans in motion to assist your plan.” She half turned in the seat.

“ You are here because of “The Corporation?” she asked the other in the back seat. Niva narrowed her eyes, “or perhaps you were sent by “The Corporation” to take him out,” she tossed her head Gabriel’s direction. She directed a glare his way. “Are you in the habit of blindly accepting random people into your vehicle in New York City? Don’t you know that is a good way to get mugged?”

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:50 pm 

Continued to stand in front of the van, arms crossed, and waited for Gabriels response that he was indeed who she was looking for. People were blaring their horns left and right, everyone seemed to want to take off, even though the traffic hadn't moved to far forward. At Gabriel's acknowledgement that he was indeed Gabriel, she moved to the back of the van, her hood still up, as exposing who she was to a busy New York city street was an idiotic and suicidal idea, so her features were kept hidden in a cloud of shadows. Despite the wind moving around her with the passing cars, her hood didn't budge a bit. But why would it, her outfit might be disguised as human clothing, but in essence it was still her leather armor, and filled with tech that made it incapable of being moved by a pathetic gust of wind.

She didn't say anything when she walked into the van, opened the door and hopped in, slamming the door behind her. She took note of the hunk of metal in the back near her, but that was all she did, however the person in the passenger seat, was already starting to grate on her nerves. "All you need to know is I am from the future, and simply here to help," she said in her androgynous voice. "But if you must know, I am female, not like it makes any difference to..." she paused and looked from Gabriel to Niva, "ones of your..." she paused again and took a deep breath, taking in both of their scents, "species," she finished.

Since she was to ride in the back seat, she had lowered her tall frame till she was more squatting then sitting, arms resting across her knees, her body moving with the flow of the van, even the sudden stops and starts didn't throw off her balance in any way. The only thing that could be seen from under her hood, was the soft glow of chilling blue light, that turned to look at Niva, and the light would get darker and much more menacing. "Worry about your own skin, neanderthal." That was all she needed to say to Niva, she wasn't the kind to hand out empty threats or wave around her metaphorical phallus.

Turning her gaze back to Gabriel, she listened to what he had to say about him being in charge and how they would be there to do what he wanted, that they weren't there to save the world. "Only here to make sure you get in and out," she said, though it wasn't his business to know that he was just a means to an end. "Besides, to ease the loud one, why would I kill someone who hasn't done anything worth being killed over. As far as I can tell, you are in the stages of planning, but you must be very obvious about it since this... government has caught wind of your intent."

I am having some reslly bad computer issues. For now all I have is my phone and tablet. My post length andnavsilability may suffer since all I have is my tablet and phone for the moment. If I am needed feel free to reach me on my skype account listed on my profile.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:20 am 

[^]The Daedalus Downfall Part 2: PSH, if anyone's a Neanderthal around here its me![^]

Gabriel couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at Nova's comment. Slowly he raised his right arm, and gripped his fingers into a tight fist. The muscles on his biceps rippled, the thing was easily the size of Niva's head. "You're one to talk, besides do I look like I'm afraid of getting mugged?" That's when the little lady in the back began to speak, and he shifted to look into the rear view mirror again. He saw her saying something about being female, and the government knowing about his intentions. "Hey, that's a little harsh don't ya think? They can pull up your entire internet search history within the last four friggin years with the push of a button! Obviously there'd be a pattern if I'm planning to rob Daedalus. Which, ah, you didn't read that personally, did you?" He says with an embarrassed smile at Niva once again. Hey, a guy outside of his own timeline gets lonely? Don't judge!

"Just because the government knows doesn't mean Daedalus does-" The last of that sentence got cut off by a loud rumble coming from directly underneath the car, a beep, and an explosion. Holy crap Gabriel?! Its not like Daedalus is literally the most technalogically advanced corporation on the planet, masking as the leading pioneers in COMPUTERS. They're evil, not retarded. The C4 was placed just beside the tailpipe on the underside of the car, out of sight from both a mechanic working on the engine of someone opening the back hatch. As a result, the van had been sent flying end over end up the street, landing on its top side, crumpling slightly like an echordian. It had slid from its former speed of about 30mph and bumped rather lightly against the curb of the McDonalds nestled cozily on the corner of the urban city block. Towering above them on all sides was the stereotypical New York scene, thousands of windows on office buildings mirroring the city scape hundreds of feet into the air. While they had been talking Gabriel had drifted into the more Metropolitan areas of the city, but why set the explosion off here? In the middle of a crowded district? Why not when they were in queens or the Bronx just minutes before, with a whole crew of gangbangers and whores nobody really pays any mind to.

Well if a good narrator like myself had to take a guess, I'd say it was to make an impression. To show that The Corporation thinks they've transcended above the law, no one can track an explosive like this. Forensics and criminal law will chalk it up to another al-queda wannabe, and our friends here would be just a couple of victims. Or that's what I would say if there wernt footsteps coming in the distance. No not the pitter patter of screaming civilians, whom the cops were attempting to calm and organize. It was a constant boom, boom, boom Boom, BOOM BOOM. Finally about the time Gabriel came too, the cracking of cement beneath the massive weight of whatever was coming toward them could be distinctly identified over the now panicking crowd. The Police had been smart, beginning to motion basically everyone further down the street, by this time giving the large groaning contraption about two hundred yards to lumber about freely on any given side. Gabriel began to shake his head to rouse himself, trying to assess the situation, and unlock his seatbelt.

He thought of the woman in the back, 'Poor Shemale' He thought, 'wasnt even wearing a seatbelt." He didnt have time to even look at Niva, as that was the point that a humongous metal leg slammed a few feet in front of the driver-side door. A large hand gripped his door, crumpling the van like a pop can, and ripped the front side section of the vehicle off. It was all still a little blurry, but as Gabriel unbuckled himself from the top of the flipped van and rolled outwards he frantically scratched his feet to take off to the back of the black broken metal, not even taking a second look at the monstrosity that had just torn his door off like it was its Christmas present.

"OH COME ON!!!" Gabriel openly exclaimed. The back doors were wide open, and the back was completely devoid of his H.A.R.D. suit. That's when his back was connected with a gigantic fist, and he was sent flying into the Micky D's thick glass windows looking into the restoraunt and slid on the floor a couple feet. His attacker could finally be seen in full view, a huge mech who's torso was at least the size of a car. It was built as a tank, its massive hands good for only one use, smashing. The overall design was one of the more humanoid, although it lacked a neck. The head was more of a dome shape with its two massive glowing blue eyes staring at the fast food joint with a vengeance. The legs and highlights of the torso were painted with a dull blue, the rest left to its natural metal coat design.

[^]Man I Hope the girls are OK...[^]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:12 am 

Listened as Gabriel made it very clear that he wasn't scared of much, but she wasn't much interested in how the inner workings of how people interact and posture between each other. All she cared about was getting things finished and heading back home, if it was at all possible. Though finishing the next thought that came to mind was interrupted by the sound of an explosion powerful enough to fly the van they were in into the air, but not strong enough to blow the tank and send all three passengers to a burning grave. The moment the van started to fly into the air, and she started to float in the air, her suit's gravity took effect and pulled her back to the van's back doors, pulling her out of the way of the toppling metal suit that was left to bang against the inside of the middle of the van.

Then they were against the curb of the street, rocking back and forth a little bit from their nearly gentle stop. While they flew threw the air, the newest member of the group calculated the possibilities of making it out of the van alive, and with the pull of shadow around her, she managed to open with a small blast of her electrical pulse set in the wrist of her suit, it was enough to open the door and sent herself rocketing up to the sky. Following quickly behind her was the hard suit, but gravity soon grabbed it and pulled it towards the ground. Once she saw the metal suit wasn't shooting towards her, she pushed a few buttons and she was soon grasped by gravity and being pulled back down towards the streets hard unwelcoming surface. But she was expecting it to look as if she was going to make a very easy splat on the ground, screaming and flailing about as if she was falling from an impossible fall, and just moments before she was going to end up breaking her neck and the rest of her body, she activated the gravity suit, which pulled her up right and had her bouncing for five inches before set her down on her feet on the ground.

Standing at a crouch she looked about, she had landed in the middle of an empty New York street, at least at first glance it was empty, till she felt the ground shake with the force of the mech making it's way to the crumpled van and pull it apart. She moved towards a full dumpster and watched for just a few seconds, while doing so she let loose some of the shadows around her and did her best to make her armor look like common clothing, while at the same time sending orders for the armor to use up as little technology, just incase this robot was already equipped with the capabilities to sense the non mundane tech. Once she was sure that she looked normal, and her hood was up in place, she grabbed a brick and ran towards the mech. "Hey, why don't you pick on a moving target," she shouted at it, throwing her brick at it. She didn't expect it to do much more than it did, bounce off of its outer shell and fall to the ground, but she started running, hoping her taunt worked.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:04 pm 

The seatbelt is holding was the inane thought that kept flashing in Niva’s mind as the van went end over end. She could hear the agonizing shriek of metal begin compressed but as soon as the vehicle rested, her instincts coldly kicked in and she was out of the seat belt and crawling out the back of the van. She struggled through the bushes growing alongside the curb outside of McDonalds. She cursed some obscure landscaper as she rolled free just a heartbeat before the ground began to shake.

“****,” she exploded when she saw the behemoth intent on the van she had just vacated. Impatiently she wiped blood from her eye as she watched the mech rip of the side of the van and Gabriel manage to escape. The monstrous machine focused on him with the intent to kill him when suddenly the other rider attacked the thing with a brick.

“I’ve seen it all,” Niva said as she crouched in the shadow of the bush. “You rock.”

Niva didn't admire a lot of people and usually people lived up to the ideal she had of the general population. This new person, had she referred to them as a specie? well this new entity was pretty gutsy and innovative. Niva decided she would be honored to work with someone like that. The people looking on were screaming and cursing. Some of the idiots were standing on the street taking pictures with their phones.

"Probably putting this on You Tube," she though with irritation.

Niva looked around for something to use to neutralize the mech and finally settled on a garbage truck. The driver and his helpers had fled at the insistence of the police, leaving the doors open and the motor running. Niva ran for it and slammed the door. Grinding gears, she barreled toward the heels of the mech. If Achilles could be taken out by the heels, and cutting a man’s hamstrings could prevent him from walking, maybe, just maybe, she could at least impede this things forward motion.

Niva managed to get the massive blue truck up to about 45 miles an hour, only running over one vacated motorcycle in the process and rammed the mech in the back of the “ankle”. It stopped and turned to her, only to be distracted by the other rider. She backed up and rammed it again. This time, he did reach for the truck, but Niva had bailed and was running away from him at a right angle. Had it stopped it? She didn’t wait to find out. Her mission now was to find Gabriel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:10 pm 

[^]Tricks and Bricks, Gabriel Comes Too?[^]

The mech turned with a slight 'pink' sound on its outer shell. Then it got rammed in the foot by freaking garbage truck. Niva sure is resourceful, we'll give her that. However it did little more than trip the thing, allowing the robot to topple onto the vehicle, crushing it like a cardboard box. Thankfully Niva hadn't been inside, but it probably wouldn't have been so distracted had this other person not threw a brick at it. Seriously, out of everything you could possibly do, you choose to throw a brick. I love it. The monstrous metal man couldn't be knocked out though, so its quickly rose its body to face Niva, whom was apparently attempting to find Gabriel inside the McDonalds. Perfect, kill two birds with one stone then, thought the mech's pilot, whom was properly positioned atop the very building in which Gabriel now took shelter, against his own volition mind you.

The mech held its left arm up, not bothering to rise from its position on its comfortably metal bed made from a garbage truck. The fist on the end retracted into its for arm, and in a rather transformer way a rocket emerged. This rocket in particular couldn't fly very far, because it was just so freaking huge, so it rose and began to march its lumbering body towards the gaping glass hole in the Micky D's. It wouldn't be that close to Niva, but by the time she would probably make it to the front of the restaurant, two huge steps with its massive and undamaged legs would place it close enough to the place to fire.

Meanwhile, where is Gabriel in all this mess? You see, he had come to a while earlier, but had been devising a plan which was ten steps ahead of the enemy. He had landed in the kitchen area, admittedly with a few bruised ribs, and the first thing he saw when he awoke were the large industrial stoves and ovens needed for the large numbers of orders a new York restaurant would fill on a daily basis. He quickly rose from the floor, turning every nob in the kitchen and turning tale to run. He smashed a glass box on the wall that read "In Case Of Emergency, Break Glass" but instead of a fire extinguisher, on the inside there was a large fireproof blanket big enough for two people, even one of Gabriel's size. As he was about to cover himself in it and hide from the explosion in the front right corner of the building next to the shattered window, he cursed seeing Niva running towards the building.

He hadn't anticipated someone whom actually cared about his well being for once, even if it was just because she was ordered to do so. He stretched one of his muscly arms out the window and gripped her by the arm. He would attempt to yank her inside just as the Mech reached the curb and fired. By the time it reached the gas, if Gabriel successfully pulled Niva in, he would have them both wrapped in the fireproof blanket away from the blast. The propane would explode into a huge fiery mess, and at the close proximity the Mech was blown back a few feet and fell strait onto its back. Only the heat had a chance of harming the two, because the pressure from the gas would seek out the easiest point of relief, which was the shattered window, also being destroyed further.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:13 pm 

"Damnation!" she cursed when the brick didn't to much to the mech other distract it from the ramming of the garbage truck and tripping it onto its side. At least her action wasn't completely wasted. Running as fast as on who grew up in a radioactive climate can run, which to say is pretty fast, she was able to run up behind the mech, planning a little bit to see about setting a few electrical charges off on top of the mech.

BEEP BEEP BEEP went of in her ear, the holographic color of her eyes turning red, this was a warning. She could see the cloud of gas growing inside of the Micky D's, just as she jumped up into the air, turning her gravity off in her suit, she notice the huge rocket in place of its arm. She had that second to change her direction of flight, but it wasn't enough. The explosion from the rocket launching into the gas filled fast food place was enough to send her flying higher into the air, crashing her into the wall of a surrounding skyscraper. The glass she landed on cracked and threatened to break under her weight when her suit seemed become a little scrambled, and changed her gravity to the ground close to ninety stories below her.

Crashing into the glass wall had knocked her out for a few seconds, the feeling of falling rushing past her, and making her look around frantically for a foothold. She could tell without checking that her suit had powered off, something she expected once she realized that a powerful explosion was about to happen. She was still falling at increased speeds, the ground getting closer and closer when her suited double bleeped in her ear and powered back on.

"By the Rogue," she cursed. Punching in a few buttons on her wrist she was able to turn her gravity back off, but she was still falling. With another push of a couple other buttons she changed her gravity and was able to slow her descent before it was too late. Once landed she crouched down, gasping for breath and looking about. She had no way of visually telling if Gabriel and Niva were alive, and her suit was not made to be fire resistant. One thing she could do was make sure the pilot of the mech was dead, and the mech incapable of being used again.

Standing up, she started to walk very determined to the mech, her power sources showing that she was fully back online. With a thought she gathered almost all the power in her suit to her hands, making them crackle with black electricity. Se left enough power in her suit so it would be able to make her look like she was wearing clothing and not leathers, and to keep a small compartment from being unlocked prematurely. Once standing next to the mech she searched for dark scorch marks, finding the darkest spot to be near its center she moved with in range and shot the electrical energy towards the mech. This would fry it circuits, computer, and any living thing inside it. Once all the energy had left her hands, the strange female nearly crumpled to the ground, shaking her head and gasping for breath, the thought of finding a power source and surviving came to mind, but she was surprised to find that she worried about the two strangers who were in the van with her, and for a moment she worried that they had not survived the explosion.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:29 am 

Where the hell was Gabriel? The mech was striding this way, pointing one of those metal arms at the building.

“Gabriel?” she hissed, hesitant to call much attention to her whereabouts.

One minute Niva was standing by the broken window of the McDonald’s trying to catch her breath and the next, she was being hauled in said window, nearly ripping her arm open on the glass and then stuffed under a fireproof blanket. An explosion exploded in a huge fiery mess, at least that is what it sounded like but she was protected in the blackness of the blanket, her body pressed against a man. She felt around and found his face,Yes, No hair. Must be Gabriel.

Silence fell around her and although she could feel his face moving, she couldn’t hear anything. She did think that strange but then she realized she was deaf from the blast.

“Damn,” she said, at least she thought she said it, because she couldn’t even hear it in her head when she spoke. Irritated, she tossed off the blanket and looked outside in time to see that bad ass third rider zapping the mech back into the 20th century. Smoke rose lazily from the hunk of metal and the humoid with the long ears seemed to be monetarily drained. Niva found herself hoping that she/it suffered no ill effects in the aftermath of opening a can of whoop ass on that thing. She grinned to herself. Opening a can on that can. She laughed until tears ran down her face and she realized her body was releasing adrenaline. She instantly sobered.

“Who are you?” she thought she asked, as she turned around to look at Gabriel. Shaking her head, Niva wondered at the impact this man was having on the system. Who was he to have brought down the interest of not only the government and the private sector but people from other planets and some kind of mercenary army type?

Inspecting her arm, Niva realized she would live. She was hearing a buzzing in her ears now and something that sounded like a distant siren. She banged the side of her head but this did nothing to clear up the hearing. Time, she guessed would fix it. Next project would be to see Gabriel to safety and then plan how they would infiltrate The Corporation.

She checked her pockets and found her weapons were still intact,.Much good would small weapons for in close fighting do with half of a junk yard chasing you, she thought wryly. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw some heavily armored men running for the McDonald's parking lot.

"Gabriel!" she thought she said in a suppressed whisper but had the oddest feeling she was really shouting. "I don't know who those men are, but the way things have been going, I think we might want to get out of here."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:35 pm 

[^]Man, can no one stay conscious today?![^]

Gabriel sighed, seeing Niva step out from under the blanket. It was less of a 'Glad she's OK' and more of an 'good now I'm not going to be hunted down by the Corporation AND the government.' May be deep down he was happy, who knows? So he emerged from the McDonalds after her, squinting in the sun, and the saw her mouth something toward him. Wait, why wasn't she speaking.

"WHAT" He yelled, thinking it was little more than a requesting tone. He put one of his sausage links he called fingers up to his ear, and brought it back into view to reveal blood. "AH BALLS" he yelled in Niva's face once again. "I THINK MY EARDRUM IS BROKEN" He said pointing towards his head. Then he noticed the fried robot laying on the ground, sparks spurting from the gaping hole in its middle at regular intervals. He looked from it, to the girl thing half his size standing in front of it, then back to it. "WAY TO GO EARS, DID YOU DO THAT ON YOUR OWN?!"

That's when their pleasant moment of victory was quickly ended, as the swat team Niva had spotted would have reached them by now. They each raised their rifles respectively towards one of them, seeing all as a threat, but were cut off in an instant. One dropped head exploded onto the pavement, by a ball of light and heat. Dropping from the building above them was the Mech pilot, whom I stated was on the roof earlier. He had taken the necisary precautions, using remote control rather than the usual Mech combat, and now came to confront the team himself. Before the other S.W.A.T. agents could react to their fallen comrade, his shoulder mounted plasma cannons gunned each down with a constant stream of mini-suns.

Gabriel turned towards the sky to see the man, wearing only a pair of jeans, an unzipped parka showing his masculine body, and a pair of blue vans. He had rotated in the air to face them ground ways, and fired a single shot from each cannon at Gabriel. He barely moved his body to one side to avoid the first burst, and then rolled towards where his H.A.R.D. suit lay in a crater to dodge the second by his feet. The hard suit would have stood a full 6'11" if it were upright, and had a fine bronzetint which gleamedin the sun. The head looked like that of a Big Daddy from BioShock, and it was thickly plated on all major places sort of like football pads. At its waist were hung two huge guns which looked like Blunderbuss, and on its back was a huge metal warhammernearly the size of Gabriel himself. The hammer part took up as much space as did his broad shoulders, and the handle was about the same size as his Massive hands could grip. Regardless of the huge girth, and leather strap holding it to the suit, Gabriel ripped it off like it was paper with both hands. At this point the Pilot was about three fourths of the way down the building, though he was having a tough time aiming for Gabriel. Gabriel slung the hammer by its far end with one hand around, and sent it rocketing at the airborne opponent. He had no way of dodgeing, so when the hammer reached him his body seamed to mold around it like friggin clay. A hit like that could make a drill seargent crying from the sound of shattering bones, which obviously Gabriel didn't hear.

A spurt of blood peppered the street below, accompianing Gabriel once again screaming at both women "HEY, I THINK WE SHOULD GET OUTA HERE BEFORE THE NEWS SHOWS UP." Closing his eyes for a moment to prevent blood from staining them, and then looking between the girls and waiving a hand towards the alley way next to him as if to say 'After you.'

[^]Ouchy[^]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:37 pm 

The hooded figure shook her head and panted as she looked at the, for lack of a better word, dead mech. The smells of charred metal and burned gas was assaulting her nose, and for a moment that and her exhaustion had her gagging. With a flip of her hood she uncovered her face and ears, the glow of her holographic eyes flickering a little, almost to imitate blinking eyes.

Then she heard shouting behind her, the sound actually brought a smile to her lips as she recognized the voice of Gabriel. She turned her head to look t him and saw Niva standing close to him. She opened her mouth to respond to his question of if she had added to the damage of the mech, when she was interrupted by the sound of the SWATT team entering the area and surrounding them. With a near primal growl she pulled her hood back up and crouched lower. She was going to do what she could to take... 'Oh never mind' she thought when one after the other the members of the SWATT team were annihilated by the mech driver. Had she done a scan of the mech before she opened her dark energy on it, she would have notice that the mech was controlled from a distance, but she hadn't and now they were facing cert... no they weren't. This day was just getting better and better.

She barely had any time to react, what with the driver coming down at them and gabriel throwing an a... 'What is that, an axe? Hammer? Doesn't matter,' she thought as the driver was nothing more than blood splatter on the nearest building and concrete. She heard Gabriel shout that they had to get out of their, and if it hadn't been her feeling so tired she would have shouted for him to say it louder so the whole world could here them. Without a second thought to the blood that coated most of her back and hood she stood up and staggered for the alleyway that Gabriel had mentioned.

"Shadow's hide me," she whispered softly once she stepped into the shadows, a small prayer of sorts, and once the shadows were around her she smiled again, her hood being pushed off her face as she waited for the others to join her.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:46 pm 

Panting, Niva reached the alley but it seemed empty. Where the hell was the rabbit chick now? she thought with some irritation. She could hear out of one ear and that made her feel like she was walking sideways. She scanned the upper regions for anymore possible snipers. Clear, she said, or maybe she thought. This deafness was maddening. Out of the corner of her eye, she caught another black clad person. Her patience thin and her temper short, she just drew her Neos that had been reworked to hold lethal rounds and shot the bastard. Right now, she didn't care if he was an innocent bystander. She was tired of creepers. He hit the ground with a small hole in the front of his head. The back of his head was non existent.

The ground under her feet shook and Niva turned to see if Gabriel was joining her. Sirens were wailing now and she could hear that.

"Hey, Bunny, where you at?" Niva called and realized she was still shouting. Modulating her voice she tried again. "Hey, Bunny, are you okay? did you get hurt? We made it out okay. We gotta go. You coming with us?"

Niva looked around, seriously looked around, peering into the shadows but couldn't see anything. "Come on now." her voice rose a little again. Finally she shrugged and turned to Gabriel. \
Creeping to the end of the alley, she looked around to see no people and a few vehicles, doors standing open just like that garbage truck. Crouching down, she rushed for a red mini van. It was filled with stuffed animals and cookie crumbs and Niva put her hand in some fresh bubble gum when she leaned in to hotwire the car. No time to be picky, she thought with disgust as she scraped the goo from her palm. She jumped in, pealing out while she tugged her door shut. She hit the button and the sliding passenger doors glided open. "Full tank," she said in triumph as she squealed around in a 180 turn up to the entrance of the alley

"Gabriel. Come on. Did you find Bunny? Come on, man, we got to run."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:52 pm 

[^]Make up your minds! We're a team darn it[^]

Gabriel was just about to turn down the alleyway after "Bunny" here, when the other estrogen wridden member of their crew decided his mode of transportation simply wasn't good enough. Jeeze, women, am I right? His hearing had come around, eventually, just in time to hear the candy red van pull around beside the alley. He had just began to pick up his hard suit, and the hammer had clattered to the ground.

"Alright ears, overruled. We've got a new driver, and she looks angry." Gabriel hoisted the huge hunk of metal over his left shoulder like it was barely a duffle bag. The hammer he dragged on the ground with a tentive look toward the curb. Slowly he thought, a mass of fantastic ideas swirling about his minds eye at so rapid a speed it could make a normal man's head spin. Where would they go? Did they even have enough time to get there? Was the corperationeven serious with that last approach? No none of these were the things Gabriel was contemplating.

Behind the enigma that was his rigid face, a fleeting position on the hill of brilliance began to escape him. He must act fast, lest the taste of victory be taken from him by the hit and run of life, leaving him lying on the unhappy pavement of failure. The advirsary that faced him so possessed the ability to do so, I assure you, and Gabriel was not one to be beaten so easily. So our hero triumphantly proclaims

"SHOTGUN!!!" With a brisk walk towards the back of the vehicle. He slung its back trunk open, and lay the hard suit over its back seat like a shirt over the back of a chair. The hammer barely lodged itself beside its head, and Gabriel slammed the hatch on its butt, cracking the glass a bit. Well its not like she could see past the suit anyways. He took his throne in the passenger side of their new ride and, waiting for their third party to join the squad, looked in Niva's direction. "So where two miss 'I'm in charge now because I'm part of the government which technically is in charge of us but Gabriel isn't a U.S. citizen so technically im still not in charge of him' you know that's a long name you should think about getting it changed..." He said with his eyebrow raised to Niva, adjusting his Aviators which hadn't fallen off during all the ruckas, amazingly.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:25 am 

Rested against the wall, basking in the shadows that grew stronger and stronger around her, her holographic eyes were closed, hiding ever her blue glowing eyes in the shadows, but it didn't seem to have mattered when she heard the other woman calling out for some kind of rodent. If she hadn't been so exhausted and recharging in the shadows she would have said something.

It seemed the the human woman grew tired or too anxious to look for her further and ran off for another kind or bright van that totally didn't stand out, but she still wasn't used to this time, things were much different than back home. But enough of home, she thought and pushed up off the wall standing in semi light, and letting herself be more visible, which Gabriel seemed perfectly able to see her now.

With her hood up and her hands in her pockets she walked behind and a little to the side of Gabriel not really paying attention to what was going on and making her way to the van when Gabriel suddenly shouted out "SHOTGUN."

Frantically, the strange woman looked about from side to side, not really expecting the corporation to attack this soon. Usually they went home and licked their wounds bef... Then she saw how casually Gabriel was walking to the van. Why yell out the name of a deadly weapon? she asked herself. She had a few steps to completely recover her frantic body language and step into the van, slamming it behind her, not realizing that she just broke the mechanics in the door that automatically opened and shut the door.

"I resent being called Bunny," she said before Niva had the chance to respond to how long her name was. "And Ears," she said matter of factly. Since they were in the van she pulled her hood back revealing her pale purple skin and long green hair. Her holographic eyes were a light blue mixed with sickly green. "I'm a thief... or Assassin, or... Rogue... Rogue works better for me." Then sh he thought about it for a little, "my name has no real translation in this tongue. Closest I can figure is Shade. So lease call me either Shade, or Rogue."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:26 am 

Niva nodded in acknowledgement.

“I had to call you something. You look like a freakin rabbit. But I hear you. Rogue it is. That name suits you.” She said as she wove through and around abandoned cars and running people. “The name’s Niva. Assignments make for strange bedfellows”

"So where to, Miss 'I'm in charge now because I'm part of the government which technically is in charge of us but Gabriel isn't a U.S. citizen so technically I’m still not in charge of him' you know that's a long name you should think about getting it changed..." He said with his eyebrow raised to Niva, adjusting his Aviators which hadn't fallen off during all the ruckus, amazingly.

“ Gabriel, I don’t know where you want to go, but I know a hunting lodge in the mountains. I’m headed there. You got other ideas, just let me know. When we have some distance between us and that mess back there, one of you wants to drive, I will pull this puppy over.” She glanced over at him

“Nice shades, by the way.” she managed a bright smile and a wink.

They drove until out of the city and the sound of sirens was replaced by sound of pavement against tires. She tried to turn on the radio but a kid’s CD was playing “The Wheels on the Bus” and the radio was some far right political talk show. Niva turned it off impatiently.

“So somebody, say something,” she snapped, “or we are in for a long, boring ride.”

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:15 pm 

"Man wish I could have a cool 'nice ta meechya' moment with my newly-found teammate but EVERYONE KNOWS WHO I AM" Gabriel grumbled to himself as Niva introduced herself to the Rogue named Shade. They made their way down the road a bit, Niva failed at breaking the silence several times, and Gabriel realized he should probably prepair for their arrive. He had to have their arsenal ready if they were to stand a chance, when the fecies really hit the proverbial fan.

"Yeah, how bout we start with a bit of insurance. I'll call my ship in to that cabin of yours, no need to go get it ourselves. Coordinates?" He said, unbuckleing his seatbelt andmking his way to the back. His massive body might bump into Shade a bit, but mostly he wouldn't notice. He opened a hatch on it's left arm, a holographic screen placing itself in front of his face. That's when he said without turning, while listening for the coordinates from Niva, addressing Shade. "So Shady, where ya from?"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:26 am 

Shade didn't understand why conversation was so important to Niva, a person's silence tod Shade a lot about them, she had forgotten for a moment that humans couldn't read a person by their silence, not in this time though. However she wasn't even sure what to say so her silence was given in conversation.

And for a little bit she learned a little bit about her new companions from their silence, but it was soon ruined with Gabriel mentioning something about insurance and pulling her from the near meditation state she had fallen into. She moved to the side when Gabriel insisted on moving t the back of the van. The opening on the suit gave her a chance to stop and stare at the technology for a second, her eyes glowing a curious color of blue before she turned her head back to face forward.

She thought they would fall back into silence again but Gabriel asked her a question. It gave her pause and as the seconds turned into minutes, Shade struggled to find the right words to tell them where she was from. Finally she shrugged rested her elbows on her knees and answered. "Earth, at least what's left of it in the future." Normally Shad's voice was almost void of emotion or very matter of factly, this time her voice sounded sad. Seeing the earth as it is now, almost made Shade long to bring her close friends and family back in time to see it all. But she was taking a huge risk as it was just being here. Time travel isn't exactly legal technology where she is from.