All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:11 pm 

Medals: 2
Longest RP (1) Dedicated Partner (1)
Blog: View Blog (5)

Niva snapped off the coordinates that was somewhere in the back lot of Northern Maine. She noticed they were low on fuel and pulled into to gas up. The station was a Quik stop with enough stalls to gas up the entire NASCAR line up at the same time. People were coming and going as if they had not a care in the world, carrying large Styrofoam cups of soft drinks and travel cups of coffee. Niva lined their red van up at the end pump.

“Should we steal another vehicle to throw them off or keep this one?” she turned to ask her two companions.

While she waited for an answer, she caged in on what Rogue had said. She noted the wistful look on her odd little face.

“It took me a second to figure out that you said you are from the future. Like a for real time traveler. ****ing’. So is this thing with The Corporation what changed everything in the future? Is that why you came here to avert the disaster?

“Gabriel. What did you mean insurance? What people of yours? Here is something the government didn’t know about. Bet that makes your day. So do we drive from here or will your people pick us up here and take us the rest of the way. And before you say there is no us, you need to reconsider. We, all three of us, are in this up past our eyeballs. The Corporation must be stopped.”

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:41 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

|^|No us? Are you kidding? You guys are a riot!|^|

Gabriel popped in the coordinates and snapped the wrist shut right quick. Niva spouted off something about his people. "People? What people? I said ship dude... Youre the only one with contacts In this time. Im from the future too, but i'd bet its even further in shady's future." He said with a sad look in her direction. He leaned over to her, whispering something only they could hear. Thats when he realized they were in the parkinglot of a huge gas station. Before Niva could say anything about finding a new vehicle, Gabriel was out of that hunk of junk in a second. Screw wheels, this man needs SNACKS.

"Huh? Sure Niva whatever!" He yelled accrossed the parking lot from the mini-mart doorway. He began browsing the candy isle, filling his tree-trunk arms with as many candy bars, gummy worms, and tic-tacs he could carry. He lay them all on the counter and the no life teen with a million piercings sighed having to bag all of it. It would take a few minutes, and Gabriel began to dig in his pocket for a hundred dollar bill. He carried it at most times, as well as the rest of his money stashed in a secret compartment in his Hard suit. Needless to say he doesnt trust banks. The guy lived through the great depression after all.

That's when a screaming child began its incessant wailing at the back of the store. The poor mother grew candy red around the face, as everyone was staring by this time. She had another baby on her hip, and the situation only grew worse as the child began to scream "How much she hates her because she wont get her the new iphone anyways"

Now this will just not do will it. The sweet single mother looked absolutely exhausted. Likely works a dead end job, barely makes ends meet. If only we had a lovable behemoth with a heartof gold to help out. OH WAIT. Gabriel began his path to the back, and as he came the woman looked half terrified, and began to try and hush the child silently. His shadow blocked out the lights, and the child grew confused before turning to see what must have been one hell of a sight.

Gabriel's unchanging face handed the woman the five hundreds left in his pocket, plus the one in his hand, with a small goofy smile and a pat to the child's head. He exited the mini-mini-mart once more, and searched the area for his comrades.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:28 pm 

Shade gave a half smile to Gabriel when he whispered something in her ear. Before he could jump out of the car, she placed a hand on his shoulder, her grip was much stronger than one would think for someone as lanky as she was. "I sure hope you're right," she said before lifting her hand up off his shoulder and letting him go get whatever he needed from this place. She stayed in the van, hood pulled up and shoulders slumped till she was almost bent over, right hand holding her forehead, the way someone would do when they had a headache and just wanted to keep a less light flow going into their eyes.

Shade's facial expression didn't change much, even after Niva started to ask her questions about how the future was changed by this event and why she had come to stop the disaster. She didn't really know how much to say or not to say. So she just shrugged and looked up at Niva. "The Corporation has a tight hold on everything from the time I am from. To the point where they require all forms of life to have a microchip implanted so they can.. "Monitor" their everyday lives. Those who refused to become chipped, live in the radioactive cities of old. That is where I come from. As far as time traveling, it's illegal in my time, to the point of instant death." Shade spoke in her monotonous tone, though for a half a second it would seem that fear flashed before her eyes and quickly vanished.

"As far as changing vehicles, it might be a good idea to, but not here, to many people watching," she said in response to Niva wanting to change vans. "What are we doing here anyways?" she asked looking a little confused and looking out the window a little bit, but she wasn't moving around too much. "I will have to leave the driving to you and Gabriel, I haven't been in here long enough to learn how to drive these... mundane automobiles."

Mundane would be correct, when even in the cities she lived in, they all had different kinds of gravity defying vehicles that could be taken anywhere really, even inside of a home and driven on the roof if they so choose. THe way you would control a vehicle like that and the way you control a vehicle here are very very different.

So, yes, nothing but your spark will last forever.

I am having some reslly bad computer issues. For now all I have is my phone and tablet. My post length andnavsilability may suffer since all I have is my tablet and phone for the moment. If I am needed feel free to reach me on my skype account listed on my profile.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:43 pm 

“In the future you guys are driving hovercrafts?!” Niva expostulated. “****ing’. We had books in art class that depicted what future generations would be driving and that was one of the ideas. I always dreamed about driving one, swooping in and out of traffic.” She stepped out of the van to take the nozzle from the gas tank and get back inside. She hoped Gabriel was paying cash for the petrol since they didn’t really need to leave a paper trail.

“We had to stop to refuel this vehicle. Engines like these run on petroleum. Maybe in the future the fossil fuels have been depleted and you don’t depend on them but now we do. Gabriel also seemed to need to refuel is own tank, if what I can see of his movements inside are any indication. He is buying some kind of food.” Niva craned her neck to see him juggling some packages and talking to the locals. She turned over the motor and slowly crept into a front row parking space. Three men in hunting gear walked past and one fat woman with a steamy cup marked Hot Chocolate.

Niva turned to look at Rogue. She seemed to be in a lot of pain or something.

"You okay? You aren't going to be carsick are you? Got a headache? I have some Advil for pain if you need it." she frowned in concern.
When Rogue didn't respond to a question of personal nature, Niva switched back to business.

“The Corporation has long reaching arms to be so prevalent that far into the future. They really have over stepped their boundaries, though, by micro chipping people like they are animals. I wish Gabriel would hurry. There are too many people here and I have an idea on how to leave the roads. “

PostThis post was deleted by Laughingstok on Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:45 pm.
Reason: didnt mean to post
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:51 pm 

[^]Gabriel... you forgot the snacks[^]

Gabriel had since emerged from the mini-mart, given to the less fortunate, left a poor emo kid with a bunch of snacks to restock, and didnt even get the snacks! This idiot is getting on our old narrator's nerves. He found the crappy red van, and Niva didnt seem to have switched cars just yet. If Gabriel had to guess he'd probably assume they just didnt feel like lifting the H.A.R.D. suit. The thing did weigh a ton, so he really couldnt blame them. He began his stroll to the end of the front row of cars, to their home on wheels. It isnt much, but its theirs, right? He opened the creaky passenger side door and the van rocked as he took his seat. Upon slamming the door shut, his eyes widened with excitement.

"That's It!" He said, turning fourty five degrees so that he could face both the girls at once. "Let's name this thing! Mane is a long way, right? Might as well get comfortable. Lets call it the Red Rocket!" His face was marked with a grin as he slowly contemplated the new christening of their ride. Then it slowly faded to a blank expression as he turned back toward the dash board and stared strait "Oh wait..."

Oh Gabriel, for an I.Q. of over 200, you're pretty reatarded. Good thing that doesnt carry over into battle strategy huh?

"Let's just... get a different car. Are we taking the highway or what? And what exactly is in Main? If it's backup we arnt picking up anymore freeloaders, so we might as well turn around now." Gabriel seemed to flinch a bit at his last remark. Insensitive prick. "I mean, no offense to you or Shade that is."

He turned back to shade to see if she caught that, but she seemed to be experiencing a little problem.

"Whoa, you doing alright back there? Ive got some Oxyconten if you want some." He looked towards Niva in alarm for a moment before giving her a nervous look. "Prescription of course! For... ah... muscle aches?"

[^]Not a drug addict i swear[^]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:27 pm 

For the first time, Shade gave a smile that was actually warm, mixed with the pain she was feeling. With a deep sigh she looked up and painfully shook her head. "I just drained my suit, letting out the radiation that is... feeding me," she couldn't find the word that would really explain what it was, since this time frame didn't have whole cities that were completely filled with radiation, like what she was used to living in. "I will be fine, once I recharge my suit."

She knew it wasn't much of an explanation, hell she even felt like kicking herself for even mentioning that she had a weakness, but there she was, showing she was in pain, and she knew not much would fix it. The sooner they were where they needed to be, the sooner she could find a power plant, or better yet a nuclear plant.

"Gabriel, I think that if we find a different, less vibrant automotive would be in our best interest," she said looking up, her holographic eyes were looking a little pale, like less power was being put into them to make her look as if she had eyes, showing that behind the hologram was nothing but flat, paler skin the the rest of her body. The image flickered a bit, giving an almost creepy look to her face before she lowered her head again, pressing her head against her forehead once again. It wouldn't do to completely gross out or upset her comrades.

I am having some reslly bad computer issues. For now all I have is my phone and tablet. My post length andnavsilability may suffer since all I have is my tablet and phone for the moment. If I am needed feel free to reach me on my skype account listed on my profile.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:06 am 

Niva buckled up and hit the auto lock on the van. She carefully backed out of the space and headed for the highway. She thought she caught Rogue talking about radiation, something about needing to refuel radiation? She shook her head, that couldn’t be right. Gabriel was regaling them with stories, most quite humorous in dry wit sort of way, almost like British humor, she thought.

A half formed plan tickled at the back of her mind. They needed a helicopter or a plane to get off the roads. Even a van this old had a GPS tracking system in it and The Corporation, if they had a clue about Gabriel or her or Rogue, could be tracking them this minute. To buy time, they needed to get off the road and off the grid.

Turning off the main highway, Niva drove like a bat out of hell, hoping no local corn bread fed Highway Patrol were out trying to make their monthly quota. Finally she hooked back up with Highway 5, rolling through Brattleboro, Vermont. In the near distance nuclear reactors chuffed smoke into the atmosphere

“Okay, here is the deal. We are going in here. Rogue, I’m going to gamble that you can find some way to refuel here. Gabriel, maybe you might need to help her. I’m going to steal a helicopter. I know a guy here,” she stopped and blushed a little. “ He will lend me the chopper after helping with modifications. He owes me, Don’t ask.” She said with a stab of a finger at Gabriel. “He will also dispose of this van in the Lake after he does some modifications on it also. We don’t have to kill him. He is useful and won’t, can’t talk to anyone. I have a fake ID that will let us gain access to the facility. Meet you guys back here in 15 minutes. Be here or I leave without you.”

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:57 pm 

Gabriel was a little confused as to what the plan was, but he was PRETTY sure Niva slept with this guy. He was also pretty sure he'd end up in a government prison if he commented on it. Of course, our fellow here couldnt just let the group split up without at least one smart comment.

"Leave without us, HAH. You so need me." Before he could recieve a death glare from Niva, she would find that he timed this comment perfectly so that they would arrive at the security gates exactly two seconds before she would need to flash an ID to the security guard. Once inside Gabriel got out and stretched a bit, his mind a bit hazy from the dreary car ride and bullcrapping his way through social hour with stories. It was actually kind of fun.

Something kept nagging at the back of his mind for some reason, however. He felt as if he might be going crazy, honestly. He felt that while he was talking to Shade about refueling that he saw a flickering image. It was as if she had no facial features, like a pale purlap sack stretched over the face of a girl with the elasticity of skin. He was afraid that if he brought it up, it might cause a few issues of his credibility, so he decided to keep to himself.

"So Shady, how does this work exactly? Do you need to like, change, or something... do I need to drop you down a smoke stack, what? Lets do this im ready." He said turning towards her in the Plant parking lot. His wife beater had become progressively dirty throughout their journey, however the cool air of, well, whatever state they were in at this point kept sweat stains from forming on him. There were some dark red spots acrossed his left pec from the beating he took from the robot. Overall his jeans remained intact, but he really could use a change of clothes.

[^]Cuz She's Radioactive, and he's hyperactive[^]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:08 pm 

Shade didn't look up as they traversed across the country side, she was actually quite unresponsive the whole ride. She sat in the back seat, only moving when the van moved, but not once did she sit up straight from her hunched over position. Yet as soon as the van came to a stop she looked up and about a little, almost a little alerted to the reason why they they had stopped. Her heart beat picked up a little bit when she could smell the distinctive sting to her nostrils of radiation in the air. This radiation was controlled and very minimal at best, but to her it was like smelling coffee in the morning.

Opening the sliding door in a hurry she jumped out even before Niva pulled the van to a complete stop, Shade barely even noticed that Gabriel was with her till she turned her flickering holographic eyes on him. "All I need is to be able to... plug into the source. That should work." Now she was hyper, there was nothing like the smell of fresh gamma radiation after a nap to get this future girl's motor thumping.

She didn't keep her eyes on Gabriel for long, and with a nod of her head, and her hood pulled up to keep her face covered in shadows she walked towards a door that was locked by keypad . This primitive locking mechanism wasn't much match for a rogue who could get in and out of one of the the most heavily guarded facilities with the highest level of technology in her time. A flurry of motion from her hand and she was pulling the door open, the green light flashing that she was authorized entrance. "Old technology," she laughed and waited for MR Hyper to follow her. "This is going to be so much fun, not even a challenge," she giggled coldly while petting the door like it was beloved pet.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:07 am 

Niva didn’t bother to watch Gabriel or Rogue slip into the facility. If she had, she would have been impressed, something she rarely was. She saluted the guard and drove around back to the maintenance yard where the few vehicles and aircraft were stored. Almost before the red van rolled to a stop, she was out and headed toward an Apache chopper that was in the hangar’s rear bay.

“Hey, Dave,” she called to the man who was in the cockpit, tightening the last bolt on the control panel.

“Babe,” he said as he wiped his hands on a red grease rag. Without missing a beat, he wrapped her in a steamy embrace and whispered some provocative phrases in her ear. She laughed in response and gave his ass a little squeeze but then immediately was all business.

“Need this bird to fly blind and I need this van to disappear with not so much as a bubble to trace her.” She ordered.

Dave nodded and tossed the GPS mechanism to her.

“Tweetie is ready and Lucy will be gone in a few.”

“Dave,listen. If you see anything going down, you work your way around the back, enter through the service door. Hit yourself in the head with a wrench and lay down on the floor. You don’t want to be implicated. And besides, I might need your services again soon.” She grinned at the double entendre.

He nodded to her and then to the red van. “Babe.” And he was running toward the van.

Niva didn’t waste any time but hitched the Apache to the tug and drove it out to the helipad. She jumped in and switched on the controls. The blades began to slowly turn, picking up speed. She checked the time.

13 minutes had passed.

Niva noticed some personnel beginning to gather in the windows overlooking the flight line. One man used some big binoculars to examine the area. She hoped she wasn’t just being paranoid because it sure looked like he was pointing those things at her.

14 and a half minutes. Where were Gabriel and Rogue? If any of those people made a move toward her, she was out of there. She saw movement around the edge of the building and moved the throttles toward full on for take off.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:01 am 

With the door now opened, she had a really good understanding of the layout of the security features. If she could just make her way to the gamma radiation that would be ideal, and her suit would recharge faster, but she doubted this place had such a spot, so nuclear would have to do. "I just need an open vat of the radiation, doesn't matter what kind, my suit will absorb all it needs and we will be good to go. Don't worry you won't com in contact with it from me or my suit," she explained as she jogged down the corridor. She passed up the first three doors on either side before stopping at the fourth door on the right and punching in the numbers for the keypad. She could hear footsteps coming down the hall and her fingers worked faster. Green light and approval beeping, signalling her being able to swiftly open the door and run through, She held the door open long enough for Gabriel to grab it and push through.

This went on for the next eight minutes, jogging down a hallway, pushing in numbers at keypads at a random door before going down another hallway. It would be questionable as to how she knew where she was going. It wasn't like she had a map of the area, or could access it from the keypads. No her nose was picking up the scent of her quarry and leading her right to it.

At the last door it took five extra seconds for her to get through and once she opened the door she let out a MMmmming sound and walked right in. THis was even better, portable canisters filled with exactly what she needs. "Gabriel, grab a few, please," she asked. The first can that she came across she lifted it up, and this assortment of wires dropped from her elbow and magnetized onto the can. There was a small sound of metal grinding on metal and the release of pressure.

It took a whole minute for Shade's suit to pull all the nuclear power from the small can, the wires moving back into her suit. When she turned around she smiled, "That's better," she said and grabbed a few more canisters, holding them in the crook of her arms. "Now we won't have to come back for a few weeks," she mumbled.

An alarm went off somewhere, making Shade look up and nod to Gabriel, time to go, she thought and dashed for the door. They couldn't go out the way they came, since that way could be blocked. With cans in hand she raced for the other door, pushed it open and saw the huge vat of bubbling green goo in it. With a little calculating she went to the nearest computer, finger flying over the keyboard she found two things at once, a faster way out, and a distraction. With the way out memorized she punched in the code for a small explosion to take place on the opposite side of the base that they were at and going, and unlocked all the doors in their path out.

"We have five minute till Niva leaves," she said grabbing all the canisters she had a moment before, and dashed for the doors out. The rout was a little twisted and turned, but she never got them lost, and soon they were standing outside, the sound of a whirling helicopter not to far away from where they stood. "One minute," she said not really for anyone's benefit but her own. She was counting down in her mind, the seconds now flashing in her minds eye pretty much telling her to hurry her steps. Taking the chance that the helicopter was being controlled by Niva she ran towards the sound.

Thankfully she was right, and the sight of Niva in the pilot's seat, looking more than just a rushed and ready to take off. Shade increased her movement ands ran as as fast as she could, at twenty second left, she felt the ground rumbling. "Hurry up!" she shouted over her shoulder at Gabriel and dashed into the helicopter, hand reaching out the the big man to help him into the bird. "Let's get out of here," she said with some urgency.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:18 pm 

They were off in a couple of seconds of course, probably leaving a couple of scientists with a reactor in critical condition and scratching their heads. A hit like this cant be ignored, the Corperation would likely be right on their heels. In the back seat of the apache Gabriel had to stock the H.A.R.D. suit, and this meant the idiot had to hang from the side thousands of feet in the air for the entire ride to main. All three of them had most likely been in worse situations, so there probably wasnt much sympathy. Halfway through, Gabriel did begin to whine, and I swear Niva looked like she would have crashed the chopper if the fate of the world hadnt been relying on this ride.

"Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?" Was all that peppered the constant chopping sound of the aircraft, until finally the cabin Niva had described was well within view. Thats when it actually began to get a little wierd. The chpper pulled down beside the building, a sizable structure big enough for a family of four for somewhere so remote. The three would have just barely gotten out of the chopper and retrieved their gear when a strange groaning sound began to emit from the forest surrounding.

The cabin was on the apex flat of a rising hill, surrounded by lush green pines on all sides. These pines began to ruffle, and then shake violently. Their leaves were ripped into foreward positions as four figures rushed from the foliage. They all had their arms thrown back, propelled by something causing the air to shimmer behind them. This force was actually bursts of sound, causing the air to vibrate at such an intense rate it was visible, and capable of propelling their movement.

This group was known as The Killer Vibes, probably named by someone's 13 year old cousin in the lab where they were created. All four looked exactly alike, given the fact that they were all the same model of Android. Their attacks were sound based, mainly coming from powerful Speaker-like components placed about their foux-bodies. Their fingers allowed for piercing blasts capable of penatrating heavy metal with wounds only about the size of a pin. Upon their chest was a large central speaker, meant for emmitting a sound widespread for a concussion effect, able to send opponents flying back drastically. Of course on their shoulders were the speakers allowing them to travil at superhuman speads, two of them to be exact. Upon reaching the parked apache, all three used their chest speakers like a freaking fus-ro-da from skyrim to send the chopper flying at the group headed towards the house.

Thankfully Gabriel had his H.A.R.D. suit over his shoulder like a dead body, but god forbid he should actually put it on for once. He grabbed it by its helmet, hooking his fingers underneath its chin, and threw his arm above his head like he was chucking a grenade. The power and mass of the suit slammed into the side of the helicoper's back end of the main body, crumpling it like paper mache. It threw it off course so that it rolled strait passed the three barely missing them, and tearing at the untouched green ground and into the earth. It was clear that the shirtless men were there for blood, so Gabriel prepaired for battle. The three men would activate their back speakers, and a loud burst of sound propelled them toward the group.

[^]If You Ask Me, That's Noise Pollution[^]

[^]ACDC REFERENCE[^]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:44 pm 

Niva was thrown off her feet in the wave of sound that erupted from the peaceful green forest. She covered her ears with her hands as if that would do some good. Someone caught her under the arm and drug her into the cabin. The walls were moving as if they were breathing and the glass sprayed across the room as the sonic waves shattered the panes.

She managed to get her equilibrium, now that there was somewhat of a barrier between her and those , those, things. Damn The Corporation! Her mind was searching at warp speed in the filing cabinet of her brain, what the hell were they supposed to do now? This cabin was a safe place, off the freakin grid. The sound seemed to roll relentlessly forward, creating havoc in its pathway. Niva realized that conventional weapons would not work, at least with a frontal assault.

“Flank them. Get behind them.” She tried to shout but her words were lost. The stones in the walls were starting to break loose and mortar crumbled at her feet. With a wave of her hand and shake of her head, she crept along the floor to the back room. Lying on the floor, she pulled the floor boards loose to reveal a gun safe concealed under the rug. Here she found a rocket launcher and a stockpile of ammo.

Using crude sign language, she indicated a plan to leave from the back of the house and circle around behind the Boom Box Brothers.

“Or we could just run for it,” she thought with a grim smile. That probably wouldn’t work.

“Who are you people?” she asked “and why don’t you put on your suit, Iron Man? Isn’t that what you do?”

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:39 pm 

In the helicopter ride over the land, Shade pretty much ignored Gabriel, part of it was there wasn't much she could do to bring him into the copter, another part was because the copter had an empty duffle bag attached to one of the seats, making it so she could store her canisters in the bag, and carrying them without losing an of them, and the main reason was because she was so enraptured with how the land below them looked. Everything looked so very healthy, not dead or growing back as a dangerous plant.

When gabriel did start complaining she just ignored him all the more, it wasn't that hard to hold onto a flying helicopter with just your arms, of course she could cheat if she really wanted to and use her suit to hold her onto the belly of the vehicle and fly upside down, but she didn't feel like letting on that she could do such a thing.

Soon they were landing at a small cabin far away from any civilization, and for a second she felt that this place was safe. Grabbing her bag she hopped out of the belly of the helicopter and started to walk towards the cabin. Thats when a noise to powerful and annoying started to pierce her ears, making her grit her teeth to keep from shouting out loud in pain. She saw the three sound beasts and looked on in a little bit of fear.

Without warning they were being blasted with the sound, and Gabriel was throwing his suit behind him to throw off the coming copter. The sound was getting louder and louder, almost paralyzing her, till she felt pulled into the cabin, there the stone dampened the sound a little bit, but to her ears it was still defining and painful. She could see that Niva was shouting about something, but she could not make out the words. She even tried to place her hands over her ears, but it did little to help. With the noise continueing she let out her own scream, her hand shaking by her ears, the smallest trickle of her discolored blood started to leak out of her ears and disappearing into the collar of her suit.