All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:09 pm 

Blog: View Blog (2)

Aito kept her eyes forward as the two slowed their pace. “I am sure Raymond will accept those stimpacks gratefully after having to use some on KimRae. After all, He is sort of the doctor of the group...” Aito smirked subtly once she heard about this so called Raymond. “Doctor huh...” she thought to herself. “Just- when we meet up with them you should let me do the talking, I will admit that I am not sure what Raymond might do if he sees you...” Her smirk faded, and her eyes rolled as she heard Victor's warning. Once the two rounded the corner, the subtle sounds of chatter caused her stomach to cringe. Seeing the two from earlier brought little guilt in the back of her mind, and she found her hand gripping her gun holster, but with Victor in the way, her grip loosened.

Listening to the Ranger's explanation caused irritation to build up. Biting her lip and crossing her arms prevented her from saying something out of line. Her eyes traveled to the ground waiting for him to finish, until the ranger spoke to the woman up front. The woman she unintentionally shot. Guilt built up making her avoid eye contact with the woman.

If you cannot trust her...trust me” Aito sarcastically chuckled under her breath at the remark, and with KimRae's rebuttal an awkward scratch on the head, helped ease her confusion.

”As for you,” Aito shot her head up staring at the woman, waiting for a reaction. Her muscles tensed up. As she stood her ground. “I'm KimRae

A deep breath shortly followed and out of habit she subtly bowed, before extending her own.

“Aito Kurosawa.”

With a quick glance, she averted her eyes towards Victor then to Raymond. Reaching into her satchel she grabbed a stimpack, tossing it to the male.

“Nothing Personal... Doc. That is my last stimpack... I don't expect you to trust me after I... you know... but that can help you in the future, just in case. It's better in your hands then in mine. Maybe we can start over you know... without wasting any more bullets...?”

An awkward smile appeared on her face as she tried to explain herself.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:24 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Bite discreetly pursued the NCR and their Brotherhood charge for a while longer, watching them regain a semblance of order while lying behind a mass of weatherworn monotone bricks. Bite had grown complacent in a false sense of safety. It seemed like, in a single movement, the last trooper abruptly turned to face Bite's position, scanning the area with his service rifle at the ready. Bite's heart leapt into his throat and he froze in place, breathlessly hoping that the soldier would not see him. He could only wait until the other man moved on lest he be seen and likely shot dead. Seconds seemed to pass like hours, and minutes appeared to pass between each beat of his heart. A resounding crash shattered the dire silence, breaking the stillness as one might break a pane of glass. It took all of his will not to break into a dead run in the opposite direction of this new threat. The sound was a single gunshot, loud and powerful. He saw one of the troopers crumple over, shot dead by some unknown assailant. Bite crawled over the bricks on which he lay to take cover behind the meagre remains of the building beside him. He took a moment to catch his breath and steady his mind.

This event was unforeseen, and he was unsure how to proceed. Bite didn't particularly care what happened to the NCR troopers, but he was greatly concerned with the power armor that one of their group wore. He guessed the sniper must have allies nearby; even a high-caliber rifle would have difficulty penetrating power armor. Not many are brave enough or stupid enough to fight a man wearing power armor on their own.

He took up his shotgun and checked the shell count and the safety. Finding them satisfactory, he began his slow approach to the tall building in which he guessed the sniper had made his camp, taking care to circle around the NCR troopers and stay our of their way. The crawl was arduous, stopping every few meters to check that no hostiles were waiting for him and that the sniper had not spotted him. He saw nothing, and the sniper gave no sign of notice as far as he could tell. He crouched outside the ground floor of the sniper's five-story building and readied himself to enter.

If he guessed right the sniper had nowhere to go, unknowingly cornered in his camp. It was kill or be killed.

Last edited by Tarkil Indoril on Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:45 pm 

Medals: 6
Best Couple (1) Dedicated Partner (1)
Supporter (3) Contest Winner (1)
Blog: View Blog (6)

Between the two groups, looks were exchanged. Mostly between their leader and Philips. With a nod coming from his superior, Philips raised his head slightly, over the cover of the car. His head was raised for only a few moments before another loud sounds came from the sniper, Philips darted his head down, just as the sound of a ricocheting bullet came to life. The bullet narrowly missed him, though it was the sniper's shot that was the cause, not the speed of cover.

Philips sunk deeper than before, and breathed heavily in relief for a moment. He worked to catch his breath for a moment before managing to calm down, and looked to his superior again. Signaling with his hand, he held out three fingers then pointed up. He then held out four fingers and point to the right.

Hanesen shot a confused look at his superior. "Third floor, forth window from the right." The superior clarified, in a whisper. Before any of them poked their heads up again, more sounds could be heard, this time automatic. Though, they weren't the sounds an assault riffle made when firing. These sounds resembled higher tech more. Lasers from a gattling gun soon began bombarding the cars. Worry began peeling out of the soldiers, as they all wondered just how much these broken cars could handle.

The superior, with speed, raised his head and gun up for a moment. He opened stray fire into some of the lower windows, though he only got a small burst of fire in before taking cover again. "Multiple targets, first floor! Laser weapons and guns, possible explosives!" The superior yelled. Bursts of lasers and bullets began firing at the cars.

---------------

Raymond did what he always did, he made a puzzle in his head while he listened. He was almost surprised at how things played out. It was beginning to look like he had a group of people he was going to be travelling with. He'd still yet to tell any of them of his intent and reason for being in this city. Even now, he registered KimRae's anger towards Victor and her trust towards himself. He almost wondered what that was like, to be able to look at someone and decide they were more valuable than another person. Trusting someone in the wasteland was a death sentence, which had Raymond wondering how either one of them were so open to bringing this new person with them.

Raymond almost spoke, saying it didn't serve anyone right to be shot. Though, he wasn't so sure, getting shot was a good way to teach a lesson, he decided, looking down to his own bullet wound for a moment. He ended up not speaking, allowing the newcomer to speak instead. He picked up her full name, though he couldn't place the origin of it, it did mean she had a surname. That meant she had some connection to her parents, at least he assumed. On his travels he'd met people who lived under false surnames, or ones they'd assigned to themselves. There weren't so many that lived under their parent's name. Though it was too soon to know if Aito was like himself in that aspect.

He caught the stimpack that was thrown his way, he took care to look at the contents he could see. The color was right and he couldn't see any red flags to make him think it was poisoned. He gave it a final look before he looked back to her. His look was still not trustworthy and it was cold. It was then that she said "without wasting any more bullets" and Raymond struggled against himself for a moment. His expression became uncertain as she referenced his words when he wanted to negotiate. There was silence afterwards, until he finally tucked the stimpack away.

"Okay." He said. "Okay." He reasserted. "They're willing to take you along, so I guess you're in. You got two targets with one bullet, so I won't take it for granted, you're a good shot." Raymond said, almost as if to confirm it with her. "My name is Raymond. Just, one thing. Don't call me 'Doc."" He said, giving her a nod afterwards. "I'm in this city on business." Raymond announced. "High risk, but high yield. Half a million caps, and that's the bare minimum." Raymond said, he wasn't sure how they might react, but it was, after all, one of the reasons he needed them. "It would be in exchange for a key, marked with the digits 0-8-1-3-1-9-4-2. I think we'd have the best luck finding this in the larger parts of the city." Raymond said, looking around for his new teammate's reactions.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:29 pm 

"Aw, that bugger almost took your head off!"

He was referring to Philips and his attempt to look over the car.

Cyprus looked over the car again, trying to spot the source of the shot for a second time. This was what Cyprus was used to, the thrill of ambushes and shootouts, not being mashed into the ground by a Super Mutant. He saw Philips make some weird hand gestures towards another soldier not too far from where they were taking cover. The hand gestures were pretty complex to him, first he held up three fingers and then he held up four, concluding with one index finger sticking out to the right.

The man he was directing the gestures to could not seem to make sense of it either. Philips quickly forgave his companion's ignorance and quietly told him what the sign language had meant: "Third floor, forth window from the right."

Philips could have told him that he once shared a drink with a Deathclaw and his pet Radscorpion, Dingo, and it still would not matter as the intensity of the gunfire increased to that of automatic weapons and what seemed to be laser fire, a sound Cyprus knew all to well.

Needless to say they, ducked back down behind the safety of the cars and Cyprus could not control his laughter. "Ha! Would you look at that? I guess these gents like to play rough!"

More laughter was heard from him as the unknown attackers relentlessly fired upon the battered vehicles. How much longer would those things hold out before their nuclear cores gave up the ghost? Cyprus was concerned under all of the laughter.

The man that Philips had gestured to seemed to have caught his second wind as he stood up from behind cover and answered the assailants with his own show of fire power. It was not to last however, and in due time their guns had him cowering behind the car yet again. "Aw, I though you could do it!" Cyprus shouted to him.

He ignored the Knight's jeers and yelled to Philips: "Multiple targets, first floor! Laser weapons and guns, possible explosives!"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:59 pm 

Crossing my fingers to see some familiar faces here soon

Medals: 2
Best Couple (1) 2nd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Admiring of her professionality in her answer, Victor nodded to KimRae, that was when he realized her upset behavior toward him. He wished he could have told KimRae exactly what he was thinking. Everything such as that he just simply had not been able to get a solid opinion about KimRae and that she was just too mysterious in his mind. Victor also wished, that he could put his thoughts about Aito into word without revealing what happened to him in his past. It was not a lie that he was not too good with words, in fact. If he could have a serious conversation that relied on intimidation instead of calmness and charm he would have prefered that. As it stood at the moment- it would be hard for him to figure out how he would explain the reasons he brought the girl along.

It was not that he trusted Aito completely, it was more so that he saw his younger self in the girl. When he had actually worked for the Rangers on a professional level and had not set off on his own. There were many reasons Victor did not like to gain friends or the like- and that was because he knew he would eventually see them die. Everyone died in this world eventually... there was no stopping that. So when he accidently made it sound like he trusted the girl over KimRae... and when KimRae got mad at him. Her sharp tone made him wince slightly under his helmet. Victor knew that they could not see his expression under his helmet, but out of instinct, he hardened his gaze like stone "You are right KimRae. I promise to offer an explanation later and a proper apology."

That was the first time he said an actual sorry to anyone since he went off on his own. Though maybe it was just because he felt guilty for letting her get shot in the first place- for letting a civilian... get shot. 'I suppose I am not much more than a Civilian now in truth, as well...' he admitted to himself. Victor looked behind him at the girl when she said her name to them, and he decided to step aside. Aito had tossed Raymond the last of her stimpacks just like she said she would. He was nothing but surprise when KimRae shook her hand and Raymond accepted her into the group. Silently, he nodded to the girl "Well Aito, I guess you are with us now-"

"Half a million caps, and that's the bare minimum." It was Raymond who had spoke, and it was then that Victor had stopped speaking to Aito and had directed his speech to the helpful doctoring fellow. "So that is what you are here for..." he said in response. "I am just going to say it now... but how in the world can human instinct allow you to trust other people you hardly know into helping you acquire such money... that amount of currency could keep you set for a long time after all" Victor asked. "Also, I must ask you this out of my own personal rules... but... you don't plan on using this currency to do anything besides survival... do you? I mean, you don't plan on doing anything that could harm people..." he raised his hands "Just asking... like I said, it is in my nature and personal law to protect innocents and stop those whom wish to harm, not help one cause any unqualified misdeeds. I hope you can understand that and put my mind at ease. I promise- that I will not do anything to get in your way if you tell me it is for dark reasons... only because I owe you one. But I cannot help if it is such a case." Victor explained "I know you understand that as well."

"Don't Lose That 'Little Spark of Madness' "-Personality Test Website.
And you thought I did not fit in here. =)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:06 pm 

Raymond looked cross eyed at Victor, he wasn't sure why. After all, if there was anyone that was going to survive this city, it was a ranger. Perhaps it was the implication that Raymond was a crook, at least, that's how he took it as. Or perhaps it was the questioning of if Raymond would use it to hurt people. Either way, it had Raymond's head tilted, in what was almost a hint of rage. He took a moment to look at his surroundings, the last thing he wanted was for something to be around them. But, there was nothing. With a displeased look on his face, he finally acknowledged everything Victor had said with a few nods. Though, even with emotions in the way, Raymond didn't go without taking anything from Victor's words, much like he did from everyone else's; Victor didn't fear war, but he feared greed, it appeared.

"Excuse me?" Raymond opened up with, on near defensive instincts. "I haven't seen a working mirror in a long time, so I'm not sure what it looks like. But if it looks like I just came out of a chem lab with a fresh batch of Psycho, just let me know." Raymond said, sarcasm lined his words. While unpleasant emotions lingered on his face. "I do what I have to in order to survive, that isn't even a second thought. But if I was about whatever it is you're thinking I'm about? Your wrist would still be pretty twisted and Kim wouldn't be awake right now." Raymond was lost in his own rant, he hadn't realized he held such a dis-fondness for travelling with others on this level. "I also wouldn't be shot." Raymond added, with more disgust than usual. It wasn't the lingering burn of the bullet wound though, it was the principle.

He regained his composure, he hadn't realized how such simple words conflicted him so much. The ranger always spoke his mind, Raymond would hand him that. He took a deep breath before speaking again. "Look, all I'm asking for is some credit. These things, right here." Raymond said, holding up the stimpack that Aito had thrown him. "They're valuable. Real valuable. They can easily be the wide bridge you need to walk from death back to life." And even still, Raymond wouldn't insist that they owed him anything. Debts didn't exist in the wasteland, in his mind.

"I could be lying." Raymond said, he oddly was fixed on making this man see, he couldn't be the way he was in this world, it was a death sentence just waiting to happen. "But maybe I'm not either. Doesn't really matter, I'd have figured you'd be more suspicious of the fact there are people willing to pay that much for a simple key." Raymond suggested. "I personally am. But I don't think it's any of my business, if they'll pay, I'll play. But yeah. My share of these caps won't be hurting anyone. I could live for the rest of my life, comfortably, with that kind of money. And I need your help for that." Raymond finally admitted.

His expression had finally returned to a more neutral one before he looked around again, still nothing. "Come on, we should get off the streets if we're going to talk more." Raymond said, nodding his head towards the building Aito had previously hidden in.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:25 am 

The feeling was odd, and unsettling to her. Maybe her tolerance was at an all time low. Maybe the harsh reality was too much for her but as the ranger continued to speak, her emotions grew harder to control. "Yo Ranger? Can you shut up with this civilian Bullshit.... I don't know... Just... We have our own asses to worry about. I didn't come here to hear this... Can we just go?!" The last thought made her fingers tap her sides out of irritation. The argument fought with Aito's patience. Angst built up with her standing in one spot. The need to leave the streets cluttered her thoughts, but her gazed switched over to Raymond. Flattery brewed in the back of her mind, as her neutral expression nodded to his respond. The wasteland was rough on the pale skin and every second Aito found herself fiddling with her clothing she was wearing. Easing the tension from her mind. Easing the thoughts in her head.

"Well now that's that. Wherever this key is, I am willing to help find it...Raymond. Whatever helps me get the hell out of here..." Scratching her head she began walking towards the building. "Damn this place...."

The habit of walking beside others came to play. Perhaps it was from what her dad taught her. Perhaps it was just from angst, but the origin of the matter wasn't important. Whatever the key Raymond spoke of, was the key to help Aito move forward.

Last edited by Hobado on Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:32 am 

Longest RP (1) Dedicated Partner (1)
Blog: View Blog (5)

KimRae put her hands on her hips and wagged her head back and forth while using a catty tone of voice, mocking the ranger,

“"Just asking... like I said, it is in my nature and personal law to protect innocents and stop those whom wish to harm, not help one cause any unqualified misdeeds. I hope you can understand that and put my mind at ease. I promise- that I will not do anything to get in your way if you tell me it is for dark reasons... only because I owe you one. But I cannot help if it is such a case” then in her own sardonic tone, KimRae said, with a toss of her head,

“Like Raymond said, we need to get off the street and back to the house where we found Aito.”

She followed the others down the street, acting as a rear guard while allowing them, especially Mr. Its Just My Nature, in his armor, to provide a shield for her as they marched along. KimRae kept feeling a prickle on the small hairs along her spine as if someone had her in their sights and she had long ago learned to rely on her small hairs.

KimRae was thinking fast about Raymond and his desire to have a large quantity of bottle caps. She couldn’t imagine why. When you had things, people stole them. Sometimes people were killed for their boots or coat or weapons. She couldn’t wrap her head around wanting lids in abundance. Finding them at random around was always good news but not necessary to survival. Most of the things she needed, she could get, stealing mostly but sometimes by barter.

“Would you guys hurry up? I have a creepy feeling that we are being watched.” a

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:50 pm 

Raymonds reaction was close to what he figured would happen, only it was a little more heated than he admittedly guessed. He was not offended by him or the pair of girls, in fact he was amused. There retaliation proved to him that they had plenty of fight left in them which put his mind at ease. The only thing he did not like was that they reminded him so much of his old comrades who have long since been gone. Raymond even acted somewhat like his brother and nephew, while this stirred up some old memories. He threw them to the back of his mind and nodded- just hearing KimRae speak. Her comment made him uneasy due to the fact that he felt the same. Although he always was a paranoid person, but he was also usually right about his feelings. All Victor could do was hope that KimRae was not the same when it came to such things. As they walked along, Victor decided it may have been a good idea to put his revolver away and bring out the big guns.

Sheathing his revolver in it's holster, he pulled his Anti-Material rifle from over his shoulder. Aiming down the sights to a near by building for a minute to see if his hit with the wall had affected anything. Gratefully it was not affected much besides a slight grazing on the side of the scope and an ever so slightly small scratch on the lense. Something he could quite easily work around when sniping a target in his sights. Flipping the safety off, he loaded the gun- ready for anything that could happen on the way to the building. It was not too far away, but in any case he went into full on combat mode. Subconsciously he noticed the notches he put on its barrel. Then cursed to himself slightly out of spite "Forgot to put them on..." he muttered. He was referring to the fact that he forgot to notch in two new lines on his gun for killing those raiders earlier. Victor had a... habit, he has a habit of scratching in his gun a single tic everytime he takes a persons life. It is to remind him of his deed, and he promised himself not to forget it, it seems he had for a split moment. 'I will have to do that later when we get to the house...' he thought to himself in a quick and easy decision.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:07 am 

Bite took a furtive glance through a shattered window on the ground floor of the sniper's building. Seeing nothing but an empty hallway, he climbed through. He was mindful to not make a noise on the tile floor, the surface of which was fractured and discolored with age. He heard a muted, dull thud from above, accompanied by a shower of dust as a vibration shook the building. The sniper was here. Bite took a moment to delicately exchange his shotgun for his ripper; a chainsaw-like weapon held in the same manner one would hold knife.

He had barely begun his ascent up the building's main flight of stairs when the sounds of gunfire filled and permeated the once-silent halls. The deafening echoes made it difficult to tell the number or location of the shooters, but this overwhelming noise also worked to his advantage. He continued up the stairs with greater speed, confident that the activity from the first floor would mask his approach. From the stairwell he could hear the sniper's rifle with a greater clarity, and quickly progressed up with a haste born of impatience. He entered the doorway leading into the third floor.

Bite didn't notice the tripwire in the doorway—or the gun it was rigged to—until it was too late. As his boot hit the thread, it gave way with a tell-tale splitting noise. He had barely registered the trap before the thunderous sound of a shotgun filled the enclosed space, battering his left arm with a shower of birdshot and sending a shock of burning pain throughout the limb. Had he entered the room any slower, or had been in a different position, he would probably have a hole in his stomach large enough to to fit an arm through. He glanced at the wound and released a string of creative epithets of all manner, and attempted to stem the flow of blood. He was peripherally aware that the gunfire below him had seemed to have stopped abruptly, but this seemed like irrelevant news for the moment.

He could hear a scrambling from the room adjacent to him, wrenching his attention back into his current peril. Both of hands were now colored an alarmingly dark shade of red and were slick with his own blood. Fresh pulses of crimson trickled down his left arm. He felt lightheaded and faint, and he struggled for clarity.

He seized his dropped ripper, pulled a syringe from his belt and, with a shaking hand, injected himself in the crook of his right arm. The effects were immediate. His heart sped up to a breakneck pace, his breathing became more rapid, and he could barely feel or notice his wound any longer. He let the syringe drop to the floor, held his weapon with both arms, and readied himself to fight his foe. He entered the adjacent room, ready to face the sniper.

The sniper was clearly ready from him as well; as soon as Bite entered the room the sniper immediately leapt upon him, knife in hand. The man was surprisingly strong for his relatively small size and collided with Bite with full force, knocking Bite to the ground. Bite swung violently at the man's midsection before his foe could get close enough to dig his knife into his throat. Bite's ripper, now roaring like some malign creature of metal, met only thin air, its intended target having jumped back at the last moment.

The full effect of his chem had begun to kick in, and Bite's mind became barely recognizable as his own, overflowing with ephedrine and epinephrine. Every instinct cried for him to fight.

Bite leapt to his feet and furiously pressed his advantage, driving the smaller man towards the great opening into empty space on the other side of the room. Although the sniper was able to avoid most of his attacks, it was not long before he saw that his tactical advantage of surprise was lost. The sniper bolted for the exit, deftly unpinning and releasing a grenade as he fled. Bite's every urge said to intercept the fleeing man, but even in his chem-induced bloody haze some small part of his mind was aware that to do so would be suicide. He darted behind a wooden set of drawer between him and the explosive, reaching cover barely in time to avoid being shredded by burning-hot shards of metal. A agonizing ringing bounced around the inside of his head, but the grenade had not harmed him any more than that. He lay there for a moment, back against the wooden piece of furniture, breathing in ragged gasps.

Last edited by Tarkil Indoril on Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:32 am 

Jasper pulled the pin on the grenade, tossing it into the room. He had seconds to beat a hasty retreat. He was well out of the building when he heard the satisfying bang. Too bad about the guy. He was one tough bastard, Jasper thought as he melted into the streets with his guns, knives and gritty disposition. Once, he might have been interested in knowing a guy who could hold his own in a fight with him. Not many could who had been ambushed. Jasper cursed to himself, knowing he had had the drop of the guy.

“It’s all KimRae’s fault. If she would just die, then my mind could be freed up from thinking about her. Weak, selfish good for nothing..” Jasper was halted in his rant about her personal habits and profession when he saw the Brother of Steel coming. Not having any information to trade and not in any mood to be polite, Jasper ducked his head and entered the nearest building.

Keeping his head low and his senses alert, Jasper did what he always did. He made his way to the nearest place, whether stairwell or just stacks of rubble, where he could gain the advantage of height. From here, hopefully, he would make his way to a window or a gaping hole where he could observe the street. He and his prized sniper rifle. This baby was accurate, although not scoped. What did he need with a scope when he could see precisely for up to a mile? It was a heavy weapon with an extreme damage-per-bullet rate balanced by a low fire rate and small magazine. The small mag was sometimes a problem but the Brothers kept him supplied and he didn’t waste his ammo.

He settled in. It was a good day and he had lived to fight another. Soon, his mission to make KimRae pay would be over and then who gave a ****?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:23 pm 

Among all the chaos, the men could hear so many things. An explosion, constant laser fire, gunpowder and bullets, and even the insane laughter coming from the brother of steel. The leader was beginning to wonder if it was a mistake bringing him along. He was one tough son of a ****ing, but bullets cut down tough sons of ****ing. Things weren't looking so good. The noise would start attracting attention to them real soon, and their cover was one way only. One thing was becoming clear to him, they needed a plan, and they needed it now. But nothing entered his mind, as the sounds of bullets and lasers got louder. They were getting closer.

The leader flicked a switch on his service rifle, training in the NCR always suggested single shot mode, as to conserve ammo. In this case, saving bullets wasn't a luxury they could afford. These raiders clearly had the firepower to waste, it looked like fire with fire was the only solution. Raising himself from a crouched position, he opened up fire onto a group that wasn't far from him. He only had his head up for a moment, but some able bodies were now on the ground when he crouched back down. He figured they weren't dead, but they were down, that was all that mattered. Something else would come along and get them, and if was the death they deserved, it wouldn't be humans that found the bodies.

With only a brief look to Hansen, the superior didn't have time to say a word before a third body darted towards him from behind the car. He wasn't sure how he possibly missed him, but it was too late, and he witnessed yet another death of a soldier he felt close to. The raider used a fire ax, it was now lodged in Hansen's lifeless body. The superior darted at the raider, throwing his body against the car, a loud thud following, as the body made contact. A grunt of pain came from the raider's mouth, but that was the last thing that ever came from his mouth, as the superior yanked out his combat knife and put an end to the raider. It was with a heavy heart that he reached over to Hansen's body and took his dogtags. Anger now replaced any fear that rang through his body.

Hearing another thud, his instincts quickly took control, as his eyes darted towards the noise. "They're throwing smoke!" He yelled, louder than he may have ever yelled before.

---------------

The walk back to the house was a short one. They hadn't made much distance from it, as KimRae didn't make it far with the fragment in her. The distance wasn't what concerned Raymond, only the noise. He was certain the house was somewhat safe, Aito had been hiding inside of it after all. Even with only a short walk, Raymond couldn't help but take view from a perspective he hadn't before. He knew this place was hell from the moment he saw it. So how could anyone call this hell a home? His expression didn't remain confused for long. His guilt was replaced with logic; this city was just the wasteland in a more rapid cycle. Nobody lived anywhere. But people survived everywhere. Even here.

Not to mention the shooting he'd heard begin moments prior. Sure, it could potentially be the NCR or the Brotherhood of Steel. But even then, they could have kill on sight orders for all he knew. And if it wasn't them, if it was raiders or the Legion? Death would be waiting for him, if not death, then worse than death. He tried not to think about it, one side would win, and they'd move on. And with that though, he entered the same building as before, with his new allies. Thankfully, there didn't appear to be any sort of life in the building still. It was dark and gloomy, but he actually fond himself to like it more than the bright streets of Manhattan.

"Okay then." Raymond spoke. "I guess now, if anyone has questions, I'll do my best to answer them. I think we should head to the larger parts of town though. We'd have a much better chance of finding a lead. Any lead." Raymond spoke, and then waited, for others to react or speak. It was odd, he admitted to himself, working with people. It wasn't what he did. Of course, a move as bold as walking into this city wasn't something he did either.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:06 pm 

He entered the building, eyeing the darker spots of the inside room. Anything could have happened while they were gone, but he soon gave up his attitude toward the situation. Holding his sniper tightly in his hands he moved to sit against a wall, his legs crossed as he lay his gun on his knees then took off his helmet. He sighed for a very split second as he set it down and picked up his sniper again. Victor looked up and listened intently as Raymond discussed his allowance for questions at this time. Also, on how the group should head for larger parts of town... Victor smiled grimly at the words. "Or, we could find even more super mutants..." he murmured "But I do agree, a better chance at finding a lead is better than no lead at all."

Eyes peering at Raymond, Victor scratched the back of his neck and he nodded slowly "Fine, I am with you on that one... but..." Victor took out his combat knife, then laid the end on his snipers frame. "- I would like to offer my skills to stay a good amount of yards away from you guys, I have good senses and I am very good with my sniper, if I stay a good distance away, any threat will not spot me and I can take them out... that is, if they raise a threat to your life. Especially if it is in such a place with so many Mutants or enemies." Victor use his knife to engrave two small tallies next to some others on the frame of his sniper. There was so many there, Victor did not bother counting them any more. What he did do, was keep scratching on tallies whenever he did kill someone though. He sheathed his knife, then looked at the tallies once more before putting his gun down again. "Sound good to you? or would you prefer I stay close in case you need me to take something out silently? I would mention my sniper does not have a silencer... so if you are going for a stay out of silent approach, I am a very stealthy person and me using my sniper from a distance would not be the best approach. Whatever your choice just say so and I will go along with it." Victor said all this because he wanted to bring up as many possibilities as he could for Raymond. Telling him what ways he could utilize his abilities would help the man plan for the future and any jams or issue that may occur. This was what it was to have a mission, and Victor easily fell back into his old colors of taking orders. Hopefully, Raymond would not ask him to kill anybody unnecessarily.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:15 pm 

KimRae was starting to come down from the high provided by the stimpack. She was just worn out. No two ways about it. She had not slept since that last night in the park and food was a luxury that had not been available. Now that they were inside the relative safety of the building, she slid down the wall to listen to the men making plans.

KimRae had not been part of any missions in her life. The only mission she had ever had was to feed the children and get them through to another day. She snickered quietly to herself: that had been a bust. Jasper had taught her to trust no one, no, that wasn’t right, she corrected herself. He had taught her to depend on no one else but herself. KimRae pulled her knees up and rested her arms on them. Soon her chin nestled in her arms. The deep rumbling of male voices in congenial tones soothed her into a quasi- sleep.

She caught,
"Sound good to you? or would you prefer I stay close in case you need me to take something out silently? I would mention my sniper does not have a silencer... so if you are going for a stay out of silent approach, I am a very stealthy person and me using my sniper from a distance would not be the best approach. Whatever your choice just say so and I will go along with it."

The voice was coming from the direction of the Ranger, she thought. Drowsily, she murmured,

“Stay close. I never been close a Ranger before.”

She sat up, wiping spit from her mouth, horrified at the dreamy sound of her voice. Wiping her wild hair back from her face, she looked around and hoped that no one had heard her. How on earth could she explain her romantic fantasy of Rangers in general without looking completely stupid? Besides, she didn’t really know if she wanted to trust this one Ranger who definitely had feet of clay. Remember, she heard Jasper’s jeering voice in her head. You can’t trust no one. Don’t ever be fooled.

Clearing her throat, she listened to them outline the rest of Raymond’s plan. She coughed and stood up, where she paced the floor with her hands jammed in her back pockets.

“Look. I know I have been nothing but trouble, but I come with a major complication.” KimRae said defiantly, squaring her shoulders and thrusting out her chin. “I wouldn’t want any of you to be shot because of me. See there is this sniper. Evidently he isn’t as good as he thinks he is since I’m still alive, but his mission in life is to kill me. He had taken a few shots at me and I know he follows me around. So, I’m being square with you guys. If you want me to leave, I would understand. Raymond has an important mission and I wouldn’t want to screw it up.”

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:44 pm 

Most of Cyprus' life in the Brotherhood was filled with hours upon hours of back-breaking work, whether it was doing hundreds of push-ups in the sweltering post-apocalyptic heat or standing around for hours outside of an outpost making sure that the Brahmin caravans that tend to pass though the wasteland were legit. But now, with these Rangers, he felt as though he was doing something of worth for once.

So behind the old car he crouched, he head low and his finger resting easily on the trigger guard. But before Cyprus could even get a shot out, the leader of the group got up from his hiding spot and unleashed a torrential storm of bullets in the direction of the raiders who had somehow managed to get a little closer to where they were taking cover.

"Whoa! Easy on the trigger there!" He shouted over to the leader and followed with a cackle. "You might kill someone!"

After the leader returned to his crouched position, Cyprus looked over the car to take note of the damage that he caused. "I don't think you got 'em, but it'll do for now."

Just then, seemingly out of nowhere, a third raider stepped out into the light, brandishing a fire ax. There was nothing the leader could do at that point in time to save Hansen, who just happened to be the one the raider was running towards. In two shakes of a radscorpion's tail there was a large ax protruding from Hansen's chest, his crimson essence escaping from the giant wound that the weapon made. With rage fueled by witnessing the death of another of his soldiers, the superior ran towards Hansen's killer and grabbed him, throwing his body into the car. The raider let out a yelp and with lightning fast reflexes, the superior reached for his combat knife and swiftly put an end to his cries.

The leader then went over to Hansen's body, removing the dog tags that hug around his neck. These guys have more of a soul than I thought, thought Cyprus.

If it was not for the sudden appearance of smoke, the two could have gone on to deal with the survivors of the leader's gunshots. In just a matter of seconds, the surrounding area was filled with the obscuring gas, making it difficult to see anything at all.

With his visibility at an all time low, Cyprus was growing increasingly agitated at the fact that these raiders would not give up. So, with vigor in his heart he jumped over the car and charged into the smoke, ready to take on any raider even though he was not prepared to do so.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:31 am 

Bite lay on the floor, bleeding, with his back against the wooden furniture that had shielded him from the grenade. His chem-addled mind was beginning to lose the focus that it had previously possessed, and his ears were still ringing from the explosion. He looked down at his still-bleeding arm with a detached interest, watching the blood pool around his hand as it rested against the floor. Fortunately, it appeared that the lead shot had passed completely through his upper arm without shattering any bones inside. It hurt like all hell, though, and would probably leave a permanent mark on the flesh.

Bite pulled his backpack off of his body and began to tend to the wound, first cleaning it, then placing a clean bandage around it. The wounds were too small and irregular to try and close with a suture, so he could only hope that the alcohol was enough to fight off possible infection if he bandaged it. Every so often he would raise his head and glance behind him, checking the doorway and listening for footsteps coming up the stairwell. He could hear the sounds of intense gunfire coming from below, but could not tell who was winning. He didn't particularly care who won, NCR or raider alike, but he was sure he wanted whatever gear they carried. Especially the Steeler.

In front of him was a gaping hole in the wall that allowed grey light from outside to enter the darkened third-story room. Bite took up his shotgun and crawled over to the edge of the void, looking down over the ruins at the battle below. The fighting was obscured by smoke, but the occasional flash of gunfire or light from a laser could be seen behind its grey veil.

****ing hell, he thought. What am I doing? Are the caps worth getting shot for?

He knew the answer to this question, of course. He'd asked himself the exact same thing many times before. He picked himself up off of the ledge, put his backpack on, and retraced his steps down the shadowed stairwell. From what he could tell, the first floor was clear now. The raiders must have advanced on the NCR through the smoke screen. He knew that going into the smoke would probably be suicide, that both sides would think him a foe and shoot him on sight.

He would have to wait until the smoke subsided before he could make a play. He took up a position in one of the windows, watching the battle with restless impatience.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:31 pm 

Fiddling with the knife in her hand, Aito tuned in to the conversation Raymond, and the Ranger were having. Jealousy started roaming her mind seeing she was the only marksmen without her rifle. It was just her, her knife, and the battered pistol carried in her holster.

What does it take for a woman to get a damn sniper around here...? Aito glanced around the room when subtle word's left the woman resting near her causing a terrifying grin appeared on Aito's face. Torturing the women would be nothing less, but cruel. After all it was her who shot the woman.

The smile on her face faded when Isolde revealed that a sniper was after her life. "So, I’m being square with you guys. If you want me to leave, I would understand. Raymond has an important mission and I wouldn't want to screw it up." The thought of leaving the others behind trailed her mind. Leaving them behind like the former group did to her was the easiest option, but something blocked Aito to follow through with her thought. Whatever it was, it caused her to ball up her fist.

" If what you say is true. Then maybe we should show him what it means to be a marksmen?" Her shoulder's relaxed as she placed her knife on her side. "Maybe I didn't learn a thing or two from the past. Trusting others lead me into the dirt stripped of my weapons, my caps, packs, and almost my life. I'd rather die with someone that I can trust, then a lone with no one to care about my absence. I am with you Isolde... Plus my hands are dying to carry a sniper again." the sudden need to help someone threw her off in the back of her mind. This hypocrisy felt weird to her.

"So how about it Doc? Vikki? Shall we help a wolf fellow member in need?!" Throwing Isolde into her, Aito imitated the look of a puppy. "Vikki! Doc! How can you say no to this precious face?"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:25 pm 

KimRae started when Aito kept calling her Isolde. She had not told the others of the twin sister she had had. That thought was too painful. Had Aito known that hot headed sister of hers? They did resemble each other some. She shrugged.

“It’s KimRae, not Isolde, but thanks for the compliment,” the small dark young woman said diffidently. KimRae stood up and shoved her hands into her hip pockets to still the urge to cave into violence. She could be civil, for a few minutes anyway.

“Hey, don’t do me any favors.” KimRae said defiantly. Already the thrusting of her chin signaled her bristling irritation. “I said, I would go and I will. They,” she nodded with that obstinate chin toward Raymond and Victor,” have an agenda. I’m sure I don’t figure into that equation. So I will just wait til nightfall, if it is all the same to you guys and be on my way. That way if Jasper is around, the dark will interfere with his creeping.”
The gunfire out on the street had abated and the entire world seemed to be holding its breath. Bad events happened in threes, KimRae believed, and usually the third one was the worst. The beasts and the feral ghouls, the gunshot in her own side and the gunshots on the street.. What next? The hair on the back of her neck began to raise of its own accord, her intuition, she knew.

“Shhh,” she said, signaling with a finger to her lips, “Can you hear that?”

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:30 am 

Victor turned his head to KimRae, surprise filling his gaze as he just heard a comment ever so quietly. This was exactly one moment that he wished he had not had good senses "Erm, KimRae? you alright over there-?" the ranger quit talking as soon as she got up. Acting a bit flustered with herself if only slightly, though he had also commended her ability to recuperate in an embarrassing situation. Victor decided to pretend he did not hear what she had said, it is not his fault if she has a thing for Rangers... any young women could but if she knew just how much they killed- no... how much he had killed in comparison to others. She would be most probably disgusted with Rangers in general let alone someone like Victor himself. He cleared his throat when he realized no one else seemed to notice what she said about Rangers.

"want me to leave..." she was saying, "I wouldn't want to screw it up..." KimRae was continuing with her words. Victor did not know why, but it really made him angry... or rather, bothered. He was really itching to say something in response to her words, but it seems Aito had beat'n him to the punch in a rather peculiar way, she had gone from being uneasy and serious to playful and helpful... which somewhat impressed the ranger. Someone able to switch gears like that may be unreliable, but she was definitely interesting nonetheless. Even everything she was saying, was more or less along his thoughts. The only difference, he would help- not just because that was what he was here for- but because what the hell. KimRae seemed worth helping. "I would help you out without a second thought about it, though I would hope Raymond does not mind since I should be owing him first and foremost. In any case KimRae. In the extremely short time I have known you I have come to a single conclusion, which is that-"

“Shhh, Can you hear that?” KimRae interrupted. Victor released his breath and let the words fade, a smile forming at his lips for a moment. "Looks like she is already the KimRae from before that wound which i had known for a few good hours..." he had whispered. His smile also faded though, just like his words when KimRae pointed to situation out. No matter what he heard, KimRae had heard it first- it seemed like she had extremely good ears. She would have made a fine sniper if she had his Anti-Material rifle with those ears and senses. Even the instincts she had were most probably better than his own. Put a sniper in her hands, and there was no telling what could happen, as it seemed with her there could only be two possibilities... which was she could be very good with it- or very bad. Afterall, using a sniper rifle was not just about accuracy- but it was also about your shots themselves and knowing when to shoot, or when not to shoot. He moved up beside her, than nudged her shoulder "What is it KimRae?" he asked quietly. Hands gripped around his sniper rifle.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:12 pm 

"You'd be a lot more convincing if you weren't calling me 'doc,' you know." Raymond spoke to Aito, his tone was pretty bitter. He figured it was probably her calm nature towards such a dark situation. In that sense, he could tell it was jealousy. How someone was able to remain happy in the world after the great war was beyond him. As far as he knew, the point to life was to live, and to contribute to ensure that humans survived over all the monsters of the wasteland. Some of those monsters were human themselves.

"I don't know if any of you have gotten shot in the knee with a sniper rifle before? I don't know worlds about them, but what I can tell you is that a big bullet in the knee cap is a lot worse than a big bullet to the head." Raymond said, honestly. "Prosthetic bones and muscle aren't cheap either, and that's if you're lucky enough to run into someone that knows what they're doing. But, it doesn't matter, the risk is definitely worth it, you're the only local here, Kim." Raymond said, he'd made up his mind. "It looks to me like you've traveled this city for sometime now. You know how things work here, how to survive and thrive. We need you on our team."

"Shh, can you hear that?" KimRae spoke after some short conversation, and Raymond didn't hear a thing until the room was dead silent. Then he heard it in the distance. Raymond's hand practically gripped the handle of his revolver in the holster from instinct. "Gunfire." He stated, though, he was sure the others could hear it in the distance too. An explosion sounded shortly after, and Raymond could even hear lasers in the distance. His expression remained the same serious that it always had.

"We should try and move quickly and quietly. I don't care who gets the sniper, but Victor, you're up front with me. I know we both can take hits if it comes down to it. Aito, if you want to stay behind with the sniper, that's Victor's call. Kim, we're going to need you close to us. My feet aren't as light as yours, and it's sure as hell going to make it easier to move knowing that people who know what they're doing are around me. Let's move when you all are ready." Raymond spoke, his words hushed. "Gunfire and lasers mean someone that can speak English is around. It's a good a lead as any."