All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:08 pm 

Fate has failed to remove you, I am here to Rectify that mistake.

Medals: 5
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Supporter (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Had Ghaleon been in his right mind, He probably would have noticed the slight shift of the air in which flowed over The shadow monger's body. He might has felt the air around her fill the void her body had left behind as she slipped her way under his door, only to reform on the other side, displacing the air to make room for her. This was not the case, for the Impact of his wings popping and snapping back to their normal shape was enough to cut him off from reality for a time. Hiding a tangible 10-ft wingspan was both a painful and numbing feat. Though all of his kind could, most rarely did, for the agony of all being set right would be unbearable to any, including himself. You would think hiding them for 30 years would numb the experience at least some, but no. Every night was a harrowing chore, one that he would continue to do for the rest of his days here.

He laid motionless on the bed, Out cold from the exertion. He would have slept well through the night had he not heard the faintest utter of his own name. At that moment, Each second felt like an eternity. His eyes shot open, all manner of thoughts screaming through his mind. Someone has seen what you wished to show in due time. Someone has looked before permission was given. They must be here to kill me, An Assassin from the lilies, He has heard my plan. I've been betrayed, Reta Doesn't know when you keep her distance. Whoever it is will die. In the blink of an eye, He was out of the bed and flying toward the door. Before even he could realize what was happening. He had slammed Felly into the door, his forearm forced into her chest, Holding a small dagger against her jugular, the cold black steel would be trembling under his grasp out of both fear and restraint.

As he came to his senses, His eyes softened and the trembling ceased. He now saw that is was none other than Felly'bas. Though he relaxed ever so slightly, the dagger remained. His eyes suddenly shifted to a swirling torrent of anger and fury, the dagger pressing ever closer, slightly splitting her skin. "You, How dare you follow me, For now you have witnessed what I am..." He said in a growl as he began to shake with rage. "You will leave as you came, And Speak of this to no one." The dagger would push just a tad more as he continued his words of anger. "If I catch so much as a fleeting glimpse that your lips have run on their own accord, I swear to you now. No Amount of shadow will protect you from me..." The trembling returned as he began to lose himself in the rage ever so slightly. "Though family we are, I promise you more fear and pain than you can possibly fathom..." He said with a rasp of rage as he swiftly turned away from her, Spinning the dagger slightly before flinging it into the opposite wall. Having the dagger gone from him seemed to calm him ever so slightly as he hung his head a took a long deep breath. She would see as he walked slowly back toward the bed, that his wings seemed to have a life of their own. They circled around his form as he walked, in a comforting embrace as he closed his eyes and spoke once more.

"Leave me... Forget all you've seen..." His voice was no longer angry, but void of all emotion, as if he had lost a part of himself in the moment. Whether she complied right away or not no longer mattered. All he wished to do was sleep and wish that it was all a dream. He reached down and grabbed the bottle of mead from the ground took a long swig from the now half empty bottled and fell onto the bed once more, closing his eyes and drifting off into sleep once more. His wings stayed around him the rest of the night, as if to protect him from prying eyes and the world around him. This would be a first in Felly's career where she would see genuine fear from him. That was one emotion he was sure she'd never want to witness again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The Next Morning~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ghaleon awoke to his wings encircling him, and a headache. This didn't bother him for he was still reeling over the warning he issued to Felly. It might have been different had he wished to reveal his secret to the rest of them, but in the 30 years he had been in this realm. Vero was the only one that not only proved himself worthy of the knowledge, but could be trusted with it. For if he told anyone that wasn't family, he would be lying anyway. A welcomed safe of information. Ghaleon stretched his limbs, trying to shake off the morning fatigue before he looked around the room. It was still dark, but the sun was coming up over the horizon. Today was the big day. They were to set out for Lucestra, and the 15 Gold stores. Which reminded him, He had to hire the movers today. Good thing he awoke early. Without another thought he went to floor in the middle of the room and gathered up all of his many belts and pulled his wings toward his back. He took the first belt and flung it over his shoulder, grasping it in his free hand and hesitated for a few moments. He was mentally preparing for this onslaught he was about to inflict on himself. With each shallow breath, He wished he didn't have to hide such things from everyone. Sadly, this world believed angel's their enemy, as thus, all were eradicated long ago. How terrible it would be for Ghaleon to be seen as that universal enemy.

He took one more sharp breathe, then pulled as hard as he could against the wings. They flinched and jerked from the exertion he reeked on them, and with a scream and final tug on the belt, The bones within the wings snapped and dislocated, Falling flat against his back, ready to be put into disuse for the day. He shook hard from the pain, as he often did each morning and pulled the fastening together and set it along his chest. With the amount of belts he used, he had no use for shirts or armor, the leather was tough and covered his body well. All that was left was the Raw-hide, Stained black Coat that he wore, that held his weapons, poisons, Needles and all other manners of killing close to his form. The pain in the morning, did nothing to match the pain of night, but it was enough to warrant a silent growl. "Damn Rodaine and it's prejudice... Hopefully soon I will be rid of this place..." He callously spit on the ground of his room and headed over toward the knife he threw the night before, He would have to speak with Felly at some point. Damn her curiosity. He shook his head and pulled the knife from it's holding before heading toward the locked door. He undid each one, Grabbed his Sword, Soul Tear, and Closed the door behind him, Heading out of the tavern, without so much as a glance to the others that might have been. He was much too busy for a pleasant hello this morning. He did however see that Delphine was ready to head out. He smiled ever so slightly as he made his way out of the tavern.

First, To the Movers he was to hire. They needed the map to where they would be heading, as well as familiarize themselves with the messages that would be sent, signalling their times to move. Second, To Retrieve the Gold Pouches with the royal seal, for he had a plan for those. And lastly, to the oak, to meet up with his group. Such a productive morning, for such a beautifully dull and gray morning. The rain had started to pick up once more, a light rain on this day. He stood outside of the tavern and looked up into the storm. He watched it for several seconds before closing his eyes and sighing to himself."I guess It's not time yet... if only you would tell me what you want from me before... I would say no..." He said with a grunt as he stomped his feet in the mud, Pulling his hood over his head and falling into the city streets to take care of buisness.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:32 am 

I'm Back in Black...No games this time Y'all!

Medals: 1
Supporter (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Immediate fear, her sterling silver eyes had drunk in Ghaleon's face, his anger, and his warning, his anger and threat matched that of the necromancer, her fear however even greater. Her high respect she had, had for the man was now that of fear. Felly had left as quickly as she had come, her heart hammering within the confines of her chest as she quickly vanished out to the stables and into the loft where she normally stayed when she wished to be alone. However, this time it was different, she intended to never tell any one what she had witnessed, she had always been loyal to Ghaleon. Her hands shoved within her leather satchel as she pulled out a small piece of parchment and scribbled a note down.

I have scouted ahead to make clear the path, and insure safe course free of Lillies, and other threats. I will be waiting...
Felly

It was morning when she had set out, the sun was bright and pained her skin and sterling eyes. With the sun rising it was harder and harder to find shadows along the baron road. The sun also made her weaker as she slowly walked upon the dusty track searching, listening, and all out prepared for the worst. However, her mind was rather busy thinking, and flashing upon what had happened, what she had seen, and how she had been thrown against the wall with such anger. Instinctively her arms wrapped around her mid-drift her scaled armor vest scraping softly against the pale skin of her arms.

Having made the decision to leave was her way of giving herself time to think, and time away from the group, since she now had a fear of Ghaleon burned into her mind much like the Necromancer. She swallowed a lump as she stared blankly down at her boots as they scuffled along the dirt path, nearing the forest, and shade. Felly knew Ghaleon was far from the likes of her Necromancer, but despite how tough she looked, and acted, she was indeed probably the most impacted by Ghaleon since he was there to teach her different ways of living. And actually treat her like family, he and the group had became her family since her true families murder...

More Info | +
Availability: I am free most days, I am usually on at night ummm, Central Time. I stay up from anywhere between 10pm to 2am, it really depends as I am a single mother and like everyone has RL that tends to creep upon me.

Styles: My normal style is two to multiple paragraphs, I prefer third person when typing. I am willing to work with those who are new to the RP world or who wish to better their ideas, or collaborate for more detailed story ideas.

OVERALL: I just wanna have fun, make cool stories with y'all, just remember that I have a life too, and if I forget about something, or our RP then go ahead and send me a PM. I don't bite I swear! I'm a nice cuddly person :3

Yes, I do dabble in graphics, yes the signature picture, and my Avatar was created by me, I will do stuff upon request, and if you'd like to check out more of my work check out my instagram @ Squeeze_D_Lemons :3

"The knack to flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground...and miss" -Douglas Adams
"Why is a Raven like a writing Desk?" -Madd Hatter

Does not the Raven Sing?

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:20 am 

slinking back in

3rd Year (1) Mega Poster (1)

Mere hour's before the morning's sun's ray's could shine through his window. Vero was up, not in a happy chipper way either more like sore and grumpy. As he sat up from the damp bed that had soaked up the sweat from it's recovery from last night. He growled at the thought and wanted to punch Ghaleon in the face a few times but that would wait for now. He needed to go over his own provision's.

With a heavy grumble he pushed himself up, stretching out his sore muscles. Opening the room's window the smell of early morning dew and muggy smell of the heat that beckoned it's arrival. Vero basked in the earthy scent it was very different from home, not pristine and puffy. But it had a rough charm to it, plus he was never going home. Pushing himself off the frame of the window he turned to the small water bowl left for him.

From there he cleaned his skin from it's troublesome night wiping his body of any memory of that horde night. His hand gliding over his slightly girlish tattoo of thorn's and flower's. Ghaleon had poked fun at him when first taking a glance at it, which had applied Vero's fist to Ghaleon's face. The two had a brotherly bond that had the downside as well that usually ended in a good old brawl, mostly because Vero was a bit over violent.

But Ghaleon accepted him and his flaws and valued him for what thing's he could do. One of the many reason's that Vero had remained at his friends side. But pushing those thought's aside Vero began to place each weapon in it's proper place. A knife here, a blade to his side, one in his boot, behind his back. Vero needless to say was prepared for battle and expected little Claire to bring other more useful thing's.

At the thought of her name Vero sighed heavily pressing the bridge of his nose as he tried to relieve the pressure that her name brought to him.

"Truth" the demon cooed as it wanted something to feed off of before they left. "Yeah yeah I know you'll get your fix before we leave." he thought in irritation. He wasn't exactly in a giving mood. But considering his head's roommate needed some food he needed the Demon in a good mood.

Strapped and ready to go Vero left his room and turned to a room not to far from his sniffing slightly as he stood in front of it. "Gunpowder", "Claire don't meet us when your ready. I should be long" he said through the door before leaving and headed into deeper parts of the tavern.

"Here liar liar pants on fire" Vero called in his head. As the Demon sought out lies or at least a liar. The sound of delicate purring sounded in his head, the Demon was sensing Lies. A smile formed on Vero's lips as he walked in the direction of a lingering light of candle from under a door. The slight echoing sound of voices coming from inside.

"Truth" the Demon whispered in excitement. With a wide grin Vero smiled, righted himself up before his boot beat into the door's handle with a crash. Breaking the door in one quick kick he smiled at the men playing cards at a round table.

Quickly looking over the men as he walked in they were the kind you couldn't rub two coins together without them knowing it. "So who's not the liar in this little game" he asked placing his hand's on the tale making it creak under his weight. The men watched him warily one quickly stood his chair sliding back against the wooden floor. His beady black eyes narrowed on Vero "I don't know what you have been drinking fool, but this here is a game of honor. The man puffing out his chest as he tried to appear bigger than Vero, he wasn't.

"Lies" The Demon spat in anger. "I am the fool, you are not the fool my friend" translation 'I'm not the fool, you're the fool stranger'. Vero couldn't help but laugh at the scene. The two other card player's exchanged glances making Vero's smile grow. "So then it's not these lovely men" he said placing a large hand on each of the men's shoulders. Both looked up at Vero narrow eyes zeroing in on him.

"So you're not cheating him in this game of cards?" his brow raised as his asked the question. They both shook their heads in unison. "Truth" purred the Demon. Vero placed his head back as he could feel the pressure from the Demon lighten, his muscles untighten and relax and fill with strength. Vero sighed in the pleasure of it.

"No thanks to the both of you, I am not feeling much better. Here let me not thank you " Quickly his hands gripped there hand''s and bashed them both together, knocking them unconscious. Both men falling sprawled out along the wooden floor. Extra card's littered the floor the one innocent man's mouth gaped open in anger.

"My job is not done, so I won't be leaving. Don't take care of yourself now" Vero replied as he shifted through the unconscious men's pocket's. Grabbing hold of what money they had handing it over to the man. The man of course wore a very confused expression on his face. Vero's face was becoming clearly agitated as his hand shook with the money clearly offering the money in silence to the man. With a shaky hand the man reached out grabbing the money and backing away quickly.

Shaking his head Vero left the seedy underbelly and made his way back to the door of the tavern. Leading outside. The light echo of rain trickled here and there Vero pulling over his black hood of his vest. His heavy steps leading to the large Oak tree.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:23 pm 

However Claire hadn't been there to hear Vero's words. She'd long woken up, folded her clothes neatly and packed her pen and journals. She tucked her revolver in her pocket.

She picked up her bow and quiver, slinging both over her shoulder, then gingerly took the rifle in one hand and her pack in another. She made her way to town, her backpack half full and pushed open the door to the blacksmith's shop. A blast of hot air hit her face.

"'Ello Claire. Need something made?" The blacksmith was friendly enough, and more importantly, very trustworthy.

She shook her head. "Got something to drop off. I've got a long assignment ahead."

"Alrightey then. Be careful, ya hear me little lady."

Claire smiled. "Always am." She handed him the rifle and thanked him once more as she went back out.

She looked around the marketplace. Something cheap. She didn't want to carry much but buying items would also leave a trail in case they were being tracked. Fruits and vegetables couldn't be held for a long time either. In the end she'd settled on a couple of loaves of bread, a bit of slated meat and two apples as well as a pouch of water. She bought more arrows and brought bandages just in case, although she doubted she'd let Vero touch her nor that Vero would need it. Then again, the others might.

Done her shopping she started heading for the Great Oak tree as well.

She tried not to look at Vero as the who'd arrived before her. She'd gotten over the shock of being partnered with him. She'd just have to bear it, get the job done quickly and then... then she could focus on other more important things. The group of five would be travelling together for a bit anyways.

She halfheartedly wondered what she would do after she'd perfected the firearm. Ever since that day, it had been her sole goal. Sell it? Find a sponsor? Then what? She wasn't particularly interested in Money and had nothing else to look forward to. Universities would never accept someone like her, not a female with no education. She wasn't particularity interested in money nor finding a husband, besides who'd want her for a wife? She wasn't interested in being a mercenary forever. She'd fight, but only for a cause. She'd come to respect and be grateful to Ghaleon, who called all of them family. She'd always found it weird, what kind of person called their little group family if it took five years to call her by name? Of course. A bunch of near immortals. By the time she would be old and wrinkled, chances are they wouldn't look more than a decade older. She was the youngest, but not for long.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 10:32 pm 

Blog: View Blog (7)

"I guess It's not time yet... if only you would tell me what you want from me before... I would say no..." He said with a grunt as he stomped his feet in the mud, Pulling his hood over his head and falling into the city streets to take care of business.

"Hmmm?" Delphine stood, she wasn't sure if Ghaleon was simply talking to himself... as many in the group were prone to. She brushed off the dust and mud from her dress, a cerulean blue gown, with silver studs and dark leather straps. Their group was an odd one, everyone had their secrets, and she was sure he was no exception. She knew better than to assume that he was a simple man, a simple human; she had known him for near a decade and with the exception of exhaustion wearing on him in the evenings, she had never seen him age. She had never met anyone quite like Ghaleon, though the same could be said about any member of the group.

She smiled, and slowly followed in his wake; even when sight of him was lost, she could smell him, though she oft thought she could sense him even without his scent hanging in the air. She mused over the plan, over her team... over the hilarity that was bound to be Vero and Claire working in tandem. She fought back a chuckle. Though the chuckle turned far more sinister at the thought of Poor Old Vero attempting to woo their very own Idol of Innocence. Delphine Smiled wickedly, passing it off as clearing her throat. And what of the rest of her squad... she thought of Lilith, how she left, Ghaleon's rage... Nothing about that sat right with her.. but it was far too late. And what of Felly'bas? The third member of her own group set to gallivant about and spread slaughter and mayhem.

Delphine didn't know much about Felly... or many of the members of the team for that matter; secrecy was often a way of life for people like them. She knew that her past was troubled by a nefarious necromantic figure... and that she wasn't human. Delphine wasn't even sure if Felly was still technically alive. She could sense dark magics at work in her veins, and knew that she had been the subject of a wicked curse, though she knew little more than that. Her own history was kept just as closely guarded, more through lack of trying to connect than through paranoia or distrust.

Delphine wandered through the streets, tracing the same lines as Ghaleon in the muddy sidewalks and alleyways that made up the city. She rarely traveled with any member of the group in daylight, since suspicion was not something she liked to endure. She was a well known bard, her songs and skills sought after by many, and if it were known she were an assassin, or kept the company of assassins, her music would be ruined. She sighed and kept walking, trying to keep pace with Ghaleon should he need her; his cryptic mumblings leaving her unsure whether he even desired her company.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 8:46 pm 

He walked through the city with little worry, slinking his way through the hustle and bustle of the crowd, no more than the robe he wore brushing against the many people in the city. The rains had let up for a few hours, the sun shone brightly in the crisp morning air. A welcome change to the overall gloom of the city. The people were in high spirits, and it seemed like it was to be a wonderful morning. Ghaleon walked without a care in the world. The art of crowd dodging left him in a state of alert, making sure he didn't bother the other people. He was so wary of his steps, that the idea of someone following him hadn't even crossed his mind. This meant good news for Delphine, for she had just succeeded in following an assassin, Without tipping them off. He must have rubbed off on her. As he reached the House of the man he called the mover, He knocked for a few seconds, then knocked a few more times in a tight rhythm that told the men inside who wished for a meeting. He was brought inside, and remained for 10-15 minutes. When he emerged, he shook the hand of a man who looked like he ran the place, and handed him a the map he had shown everyone the night before, with a final resting of his hand upon the man's shoulder. He bowed in respect to the gentleman and pulled his hood over his head again.

"Oh, what a bothersome job he took, so long ago. Forced to spend the remainder of his life in some mock servitude. He figured one day he wouldn't mind it any longer... Yea... Fat chance..." He said with an almost cruel laugh to himself as he walked the streets. He often kept his distance from the group in the mornings, for his rambles and rants would only be met with questions and incessant wondering about his plight. This was his time to complain about everything. If anyone important, or worth their salt heard him, they would either understand and wish to console him. Or, Much more likely. Call him a freak, and a Psycho. He'd kill either of them, for the sake of remaining the Fearless and Precise Leader, Ghaleon. Murderous Ghost to his Enemies, Proud and Intelligent Leader to his allies. He smiled to these thoughts, his lips parting to let loose another laugh.

"To think I would be a leader... And yet here I am..." He said softly, pulling his hood closer to his neck, hiding his face from a passerby who held himself a noble, Followed closely by two body guards. His hair well kempt, his hood lovely in design, and his sword was more ceremonial than practical. Ghaleon bowed low, his voice growing a tad more frantic as he stepped forward into the man and laughed."Lovely Day for Rain, Sir. YEa, Most wonderful day for Rain. YES!" Ghaleon started quiet, then grew feral, throwing his arms around the mid drift of the noble, to which he grew both fearful and Offended.

"Damn Drunk, Guards, Remove this Festering Calamity from him." Ghaleon only laughed maniacally and pushed him playfully, "No need for that, Princess, I only wished to spread the joy of the World with you, Sir. You seem so Melancholy." He screamed, with a low bow, and more intense ramblings as the guards both drew their swords, as warning. With that, Ghaleon smirked and drew his hands back from the noble, hiding them within his coat before slinking off into the shadows, apologizing in a scratchy, almost fearful voice, complete with nervous laughter as he slunk away into an alleyway.

Once out of sight and earshot, He began to laugh as himself, pulling his hand out from his coat to reveal a bag of coin, as well as a few jewels and the mans signet ring. He shook his head as he put it all in the bag, then stowed it away for later use."Man, the look on his face... priceless..." He said softly as he pulled his hood back on and looked out into the street. As his eyes trailed over the people in the area, His eyes lingered on a familiar face for only a moment, before he lost it within the crowd. He tilted his head, and smirked wickedly. "Well well, Looks like I got a tail. Let's see how well they can keep up..." He said with a smile as he looked to the walls of the alley way, then back out into the crowd for a moment. He closed his eyes for a few seconds, bending his knees a couple times. With a sharp exhale, he lept onto the side of the wall, and began hopping from one side to the other. Before long, he was on the roofs of the city, staring down into the crowd. When he caught sight of the one who hunted him, He narrowed his eyes, mapping their location before he himself began to hop from rooftop to rooftop.

Thankfully for the sake of time, the Bags of money he hid were close by, and he could keep an eye on his tail, and retrieve them at the same time. He kept low and quick with his movements, always looking back to see if the cloaked figure still clung to his trail. He figured it was someone he made an enemy with, Perhaps it was Lilith. Whatever the case, He pulled his dagger from his coat and slipped in between the buildings into a much darker alleyway. He looked out once more, then went to the back of the alleyway, which had a rucksack with a lot of supplies. He picked it up, slipped it onto his back, than hopped up the walls again, perching on the top. His dagger ready. He looked around for another second, before zeroing in on the follower. From the distance, he could make out the shape of a woman beneath, in a gorgeous blue battle gown, with leather straps. His face twisted from suspicion to relief as he now recognized the one who followed him. "Oh... Well... Good morning..." He said softly as he stood up and crossed his arms." To think... I was wary of you..." He said a little louder, hoping she heard him before he made his way down and out of the alleyway.

"Delphine, The most pleasant of mornings to you..." He said softly before pulling his hood over him again, as the sun's light began to dwindle for the clouds seemed to take the sky once more. "Whatever your reason's for following me, I can say you are a welcomed sight..." He said softly, in a most charming way he could. After a few seconds of looking at her, taking in her face, he smiled. "Well, We are late to the meet up, instead of following in the shadows, Would you care to join me side by side? I could use the company." He said with a smile, and stepped away from her for a few seconds, only to turn back to her a smile."What do you say?" He said softly, His swirling green eyes calm in their torrents of movement, showing his content mood. He would wait for her reply, before turning and heading through the streets toward the Great oak, to start their journey.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 12:33 pm 

slinking back in

The sun had cleared some the ever present puddles that filled each one of Vero's heavy steps. He could be silent as a dark jungle cat but his size occasionally ruined his surprise and his chances of being tracked. A bitter part of being the masterful work of the gods. But he would not let his mind linger over such dark thoughts, his fists clenching in his lap. Vero had found a decent boulder to use as a chair and had sat in silence as the rain had fallen around him in the earlier hours.

But with the break in the storm revealing the sun's warming rays he had dried out mostly, now only the sound of songbirds and the ever delicate drip of the water into puddles. The others were taking their time, women he scoffed with a snort. But Vero couldn't grumble too much, he enjoyed the smell and ever delicate forms woman came in. Vero dropped his head lower as he shook it from side to side. He didn't need women on his brain no matter how pleasant, besides he would be paired with the rook. And no offense to her, but he always felt her waver when he was in the same vicinity as the girl. He made her full of unease, this would make their mission the more difficult. Vero had to clear himself of any and all notions to not spook the rook. She needed to trust him to have her back. To slice their enemy down. God's this was going to be a draining mission, what was Ghaleon thinking? Yes let's pair the rook with the object of her hated, yes so smart Ghaleon. Not he thought to himself darkly. Plus I still owe him that punch in the face he thought with pleasure.

"No no peace" echoed the demon liking Vero's thoughts of violence. Don't get too excited I said a punch not his life, chill he thought too the creature who in turn sighed in disappointment. Trying to take his mind from anymore violent thoughts he pulled his pack from his shoulders pulling back the flap revealing an assortment of dried fruit. In the center laid a green apple, fresh from the market this morning he had liberated it off the cart with ease. They should call me nimble fingers. Hah get it! Dammit I've got to stop that again trapped into his own thoughts. A hand raking over his short mohawk, down his face. Finally raising the green apple to his lips savoring the sweet tart flavor.

"Where in the Hell are they not at?"he spoke to himself as he took another juicy bite. Waiting for his group to hurry the Hell up.

Via DragonGrame... Rawr

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 5:52 pm 

Claire was already there by the time Vero arrived, tucked into one of the branches of the oak tree. She only acknowledged him by tucking her head deeper into the copy of "Sentient Species in the Land of Lucestra" she had been preoccupying herself with. It must've been her 20th time reading the book or something but she had little else to preoccupy herself with on missions and it was always good to know more about who you might be facing, especially if you're a marksman. The heart of an elf would be located in a slightly different location than that of a human. One cannot kill demons easily unless by decapitation ect ect ect. Basic Biology is something that changes over millennia rather than years so she won't have to worry about the book going out of date.

She remembered the thousands of books at the Professor's library. She wish she had read them all back then but most of them were destroyed in the fire. She had brought this one and a few others along while she was on her errand. In hindsight it was quite the stroke of luck. When she looked back up from her reading material, almost all of the group were there. She gave a wave to Ghaleon and Delphine, to make sure they knew where she was. She sighed. Felly was late.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:48 pm 

Delphine smiled, brushing a wayward strand of her strawerry locks from her face, revealing ebony eyes set in porcelain skin. "Ghaleon... happy to have company?" She jeered, pacing towards him, "I'll alert the town crier." She smirked throwing a side-long glance at the man. Lacing her arm through his, she motioned for him to lead the way. "I always thought you too entrenched in your reputation as a cold, calculating killer to be seen with a common bard." her voice was gentle, with depth and motives seen only by masters.

Her jeers and snide responses only made his smile deepen as her arm slid to encircle his own. "Alert whoever you choose, I'm sure your words will fall on deaf ears." He smiled sweetly as she motioned for him to lead, listening intently as she spoke of his acts to keep the sheep fearful of him. This made him snicker to himself, for she was right. He did enjoy being feared for a reason other than what he was. They feared what he protrayed, not what couldn't be helpt. Her last words of a common bard almost merited him to scold her for such a travesty. "Now, while I do enjoy being feared, let's not forget the privaledge you are awarded. Not only are you far from common, but far too modest." He said softly as he stepped closer to her, avoiding a passerbye before continuing." Normally, I would be but a whisper on the lips of child, but how can I pass up the oppritunity to walk with one of the few true treasures of this city. My lady, having you by my side only solidifies your worth. I do not travel in tandem with common, only the worthy." He smiled, taking a small breath. "Although, however precious you may be, you are still a chore... If only when you're angry..." He smirked as the jab of his own before sighing. "All jabs aside, I am quite happy you decided to follow me this morning, but I get the feeling you have something on your mind. Now would be a good a time as any..." He said softly, looking down to her ebony eyes, his own green swirls flowing in slow waves, a sign of comfort.

She looked up into his deep, green eyes, She remembered a time when she could barely look away from him... a time she remembered fondly. "Just a chore?" She chided, "I'm much more than simply a chore when truly angry, my dear." She replied, smiling.

"All jabs aside, I am quite happy you decided to follow me this morning, but I get the feeling you have something on your mind. Now would be a good a time as any..."

She sighed, her pace slowed slightly, her arm tightened around his, "I'm... worried. I'm not scared of the barbarians or even Miss Felly's Necromancer... I am, however, scared of what this job will entail." She smiled at a local who called her name, bowing her head slightly... "I doubt we'll be able to do this with any clandestineness; or have you much pride that we can pull this off without fame to rival that of even the target himself?" She queried, peering again into his eyes. "If I may be so frank, Ghaleon, I've always been comfortable working with you because you provide a certain level of confidence... confidence necessary to maintain my way of life." She glanced around at the buildings and faces of the people passing by, but most were nameless, of no importance to her, easily ignored. "I don't want to take to living underground," Her voice shook, "like a rat, worse... like a... like a common thug." She spat the final few words.

She sighed, straightening her posture, "Sorry, normally I'm more eloquent..." she smiled weakly, "but then again, I have always been more comfortable around you." Her gaze rose to the sky, a pastel collage of pale orange and the dark remnants of the night. "... for better or worse, I suppose..." She looked back to him, grasping his hand in hers, intertwining her fingers between his, "I just need to be assured that nothing will change, that I'll still be free to live without the fear of death or contract on my head... that we won't all lose each other."

Ghaleon stiffled a chuckle as she countered as he had come to expect. Proud and challenging, he simply watched as her tone grew more grim. He listened quietly, taking in her words like they were gems. Precious and worth more than gold. He cared for each member like they were his family. Their opinions and feelings were always taken into consideration. So when she spoke of worry, he tried to understand. He nodded in kind to the passerby that called to her, only to continue his stoic silence. When she began to apologize he shook his head, to show he hadn't thought any less of her.

Her hand lacing around his made his smile dwindle, a small sigh leaving his lips. "No need to apologize, you are right to be wary. This job will ask a lot of us. I..." He fumbled in his words for only a second before breathing out."I know the life you lead, the secrets you keep, probably better than anyone." He said softly, moving his shoulder in a wince, for the mere thought of his own secret brought the pain of his morning ritual to the front of his mind. "There is a small amount of pride that says we will get away scott free, but only if this plan of mine goes off without a single hitch. But while i worry about the outcome, I'd be lying if I said everything will go well..." He said softly as his hand tightened around hers for only a second. "No matter the outcome, you will never need to hide as long as I still breathe. For 9 years you have been with me. To let you come to harm goes against everything i promised." He said softly, looking toward the approaching gate, they were nearly to the oak. He was almost saddened that their time was ending. He always felt at ease with her near him. Perhaps it was the way she looked at him.

"I guess the only true assurance i can offer is your lifestyle will remain veiled. I will die before any of you are blamed for this target's end. If all goes to plan, no one will know we did anything at all.." He said with a smirk as he went over the plan swiftly in his mind. He took a deep breath, then looked back to her, his orbs taking in her beauty. "Besides, you are too beautiful to be blamed for murder. So don't fret. I will protect you..." He seemed to trail off, he meant to say he would protect them all, but she would see his eyes glaze over for a small instant, before continuing. "Seems i must apologize... I forgot that prolonged eye contact was dangerous... I almost fell for you..." He said with a small laugh as he turned his eyes away from her. "Though cant say i would mind that, all things considered." He laughed and closed his eyes, feeling the fog fade from him. His hand stayed locked with hers, and didn't shy away at all, simply smiled and slowed his steps even further, trying to prolong the time he could spend with her. For the last few years, he had been trying to discern his feelings for her. Knowing the power she had over him, he spent many years testing his theories in her presence. The second reason that he was happy she had followed him, was he felt the haze of desire even when he hadn't been near her. This meant that her wiles were not the cause of his lingering gaze. There was more than the allure she commanded.

"So... We have a few moments before we arrive... Was this all that concerned you? Or was there something else?" He said softly as he turned back to her, his thumb sliding across her hand sweetly.

She smiled warmly at him, and sighed, "I'm alright... for now." The two walked the rest of the distance in comfortable silence, though it wasn't long before they came upon the spot chosen, "Where's Felly'bas?" Delphine looked around... "I can't sense her at all."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:56 am 

Ghaleon Nodded in kind and walked with Delphine in silence, A slight contented sigh leaving his lips as the grand oak came into view. He waved to Claire, who sat within the branches of the tree. He ran his thumb across the back of Delphines hand before releasing it and stepping forward, Lifting his chin to Vero. "Good morning Vero, Claire. I trust you both got some sleep last night." He said out to them both as he dug into his Jacket and drew the map from his pocket. When he heard Delphine speak of not being able to sense Felly, He looked over to her, then searched the air around him for some familiar feeling that was gone from him. She must have been pretty far, For Ghaleon had lost her presence some time ago."That is odd... Or maybe not odd at all..." He said softly, Thinking back to the last time he felt her presence. She was near her Nest of shadows in the old barn, but since then had dispersed. "Knowing Felly, She may be scouting ahead... Or Avoiding me. I'm afraid I wouldn't have any idea why..." He said softly as he continued to search the area. He knew full well why she may have been avoiding him. After Stumbling upon his secret, And being driven away. It wouldn't take a scholar to learn the reason of her avoidance.

"She probably over slept... I will summon her if she stays gone for too long... We need her to get through this." He said softly, Looking down at the map, Seeing the paths they would be taking once they split up. A few of them looked to be pairs, So they would be a quick grab. "It seems the job will go faster than I had originally thought. We have a few pairs, and some with three Holdings. Vero..." He said softly as he headed over and showed him the map. "Commit this to memory. Aside from the keys, We will not be Carrying anything that can tie us back to the king." He said softly, Though he knew Vero would see though him. He was speaking in code now to his long time ally and friend. "We are stealing from the king, his different Sections of Guards will have no idea that we are Coming. I'm giving you half of the bags of gold when we split up, Should you need supplies on the road. You Better make sure You Do not lose them in the Kings Treasure troves. They must not know where we got the gold... Do you understand?" He said softly, His orders to Vero would be very clear. "Be sure to protect Claire with your life, And that Goes for you too, Girl." He looked up to Claire in the Tree and Smirked."Don't you leave him to fight on his own. No matter how strong any of us are, You Are apart of this team. We won't make it if you are too hung up on your distaste." He knew they would work things out enough to get through the journey, but it still needed to be said as he left the map with vero and leaned back against the oak.

He began to think to himself as he leaned there quietly. Felly... Why do this now... We have a schedule to keep... He looked into the sky as morning was slowly beginning to slip into midday. When he could wait no longer, He pushed himself off of the tree and started pacing. "If she makes me summon her..." He said under his breathe, his annoyance beginning to surge higher and higher from waiting. He hated waiting. He paced for several seconds, slightly gritting his teeth, before he looked around to see everyone preparing to depart. His eyes dwindled on each of them, A silent prayer for protection for them all. They were his family, and all he wished was their safety. The words delphine had spoken on their walk worried him. Maybe he should have told them the whole plan... No... he shook his head some to perish the thought. It's better they don't know the truth right now. The less they know, The better they will turn out... Damn vero and his Demons. No matter how hard I try, I can never get one passed him. I'll have to button up should I remain when this is all over... Just as his eyes rested on delphine, he caught himself smiling ever so slightly, Before turning away and staring up into the sky. ...Fate.. Please let this be the last mission. If this is what I am to do... Then please let it end... I miss my home... He almost said the last words allowed as he huffed out as the sky began to rumble and grow black. The Break in the storm was over, and soon the Rains and Lightning would come again. He looked around one last time to see if he could feel Felly anywhere near them again, Before Hissing."This Shadow will be the death of me, If by Old age Alone..." his voice were laced with venom as He moved back to the oak and Said in the most stern voice he could muster. "Felly'Bas. Pull your Ass out of Hiding, And Come to me, Right Now..." He said out loud. It had been so long since he had to summon her like this, so he wasn't fully sure if it worked or not. He was sure all he needed to do was Call out her name, But he couldn't remember if he needed to say something else as well. At the moment, all he could do was Wait.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:04 am 

I'm Back in Black...No games this time Y'all!

Medals: 1
Supporter (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Felly'Bas had indeed scouted ahead, far, far, ahead since reaching the forest she had long taken to slinking in the welcoming shadows, but was now walking calmly, her hand touched the slight cut upon her neck as she touched her cheeks, tears. Those salty rivers never came from her eyes, wiping at her face begrudgingly she shivered and hugged her mid drift her nails scraping against her vest as her sterling eyes glowed beneath her cowl.

Since arriving in the forest all she had come across were a few drunken bandits, passed out, they posed no threat since 1. There was only three of them, and 2. They were flushed with mead and smelled like they slept in a trench. It was after about an hour after passing them that she felt a sharp pain, a pain that only came when someone was trying to summon her. Doubling over she cried out falling to her knees. Already, she knew who could possibly be summoning her, since anger and annoyance could be felt along the invisible strings that tugged at her to comply with the summoning, if she chose to ignore it, she would be in great pain like this, or she she could vanish and give into the Summoning, either or, it was not a pleasant idea she was looking forward to, albeit, not a coward, but, still...Another sharp pain jolted through the Shadow monger before she allowed herself to melt away.

When she opened her eyes once more she was still doubled over in pain, her face stoic despite the tears that were still spilling down pale cheeks, she knew whose feet she was looking down upon, but she did not dare meet his face.

"The way is clear, three halfwit drunkard thugs is all I saw...They were not in guise, they bore no tattooing, no make up could hide such a scar..." Her words were cold and rash as she stood with a slight waver before turning sharply away from Ghaleon, and the Bard, her arms still wrapped about her middle. She watched a lone ant, scurrying away from the toe of her boot, yes...this was what she was feeling...

Alone. a whole colony, much like her family now, and still...utterly alone, and lost....

More Info | +
Availability: I am free most days, I am usually on at night ummm, Central Time. I stay up from anywhere between 10pm to 2am, it really depends as I am a single mother and like everyone has RL that tends to creep upon me.

Styles: My normal style is two to multiple paragraphs, I prefer third person when typing. I am willing to work with those who are new to the RP world or who wish to better their ideas, or collaborate for more detailed story ideas.

OVERALL: I just wanna have fun, make cool stories with y'all, just remember that I have a life too, and if I forget about something, or our RP then go ahead and send me a PM. I don't bite I swear! I'm a nice cuddly person :3

Yes, I do dabble in graphics, yes the signature picture, and my Avatar was created by me, I will do stuff upon request, and if you'd like to check out more of my work check out my instagram @ Squeeze_D_Lemons :3

"The knack to flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground...and miss" -Douglas Adams
"Why is a Raven like a writing Desk?" -Madd Hatter

Does not the Raven Sing?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:09 am 
Savior

Funniest Member (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Supporter (2)

Rooster liked being needed. He tried his hardest to do what people expected of him, so there was always a small fear that someday there would be nothing left to do. However, today Ghaleon had summoned him personally. The leader of the Death's Shadow had asked for him, the rookie. A huge mission, very important. And Ghaleon had asked for him.

Rooster was happy. He hurried along Cobbler's Row, jumping over a small dog that yelped in surprise, and then he spun left and ran down Fish Street and from there into the crowded Main Street, where he nimbly dodged out the way of the pedestrians without losing speed. Ghaleon needed him, so he had to get to the Great Oak as quickly as possible before they all took off and left him to be alone forever.

He squeezed through the narrow space between the bellies of two fat monks walking side by side, and tried to increase his pace to a sustained sprint, but instead had to screech to a halt. Some sort of street performance, which had attracted a noticeable crowd, blockaded the rest of Main Street. In the second before Rooster resumed his dash for the Great Oak, he noticed that pickpockets were busy too, taking full advantage of the roadshow, and he even noticed a few familiar faces from Death’s Shadow, although he had spoken to none of them before.

He caught himself guffawing and he reminded himself there was no time for laughter. He had no idea why Ghaleon suddenly wanted to see him, but the dark elf had insisted it was more important than anything Rooster had ever been a part of, ever, ever. The whole mission depended on Rooster, she had said, and he was not going to let anyone down.

He dashed forward and jumped. Whomever it was Rooster landed on fell to his knees, but Rooster was already jumping away, from shoulders to shoulders of the crowd. As people became aware of this practice, they tried to grab him. Unacceptable; too much time would be lost. Rooster aimed for the tallest nearby person; a bald man who looked equal parts fat and muscular, and using that man’s head as a stepping stone, Rooster launched himself upwards towards a balcony where a middle-aged woman stood in a flower-patterned dress and looked with amusement at both the magic show and the crowd-jumping Rooster below. She gave a shriek as he jumped towards her and got a hold of the balcony floor, and then she tried to stomp on his hands. He had to grab hold of her leg to prevent himself from dropping to the now-hostile crowd below and use her weight to pull himself up, which she seemed to not appreciate, chiefly because his hand had gotten a hold too far up her dress. She turned bead-red and started to scream. Rooster lifted himself up to a sitting position on the balcony fence and she immediately tried to push him off it. He dodged left, used her shoulder as a new springboard and jumped further up the building towards the second-story windowsill and from there climbed to the rooftop. The woman lost balance and fell over the side.
Rooster would never learn of it, but the fat-or-muscular man on the street caught the woman in the flowery dress in his broad arms. She was unharmed and from this point on the two started a whirlwind romance, and three months later they were be happily married.

From the rooftop, Rooster jumped and climbed from building to building, until he was four stories up at the end of Main Street, looking down at the Great Oak, which blocked his view of Ghaleon, and made Rooster afraid he had arrived too late and everyone had left him behind.

Frantic to be on time, he jumped from the roof towards the Great Oak’s branches below. If he missed the Oak, he would die. Even he could not survive a fall from this height, but the risk was worth it in order to reach Ghaleon before he left town. Besides, he would not miss.
He caught the top-most branch with his left hand and it altered his trajectory so instead of slamming into the ground he was en route to slam into the Oak’s trunk. He reached out, his foot found another branch to swing around, and for the next 20 seconds Rooster Fairbarn was like a brachiating gibbon swinging around the treetop trying to reduce his velocity. Wherever he touched the tree, he made his limb as strong as a mountainside. In the end, he landed on the ground, unharmed, besides Ghaleon.

Rooster was taller than most humans were, but seemed average for an elf. He carried the typical lean figure of his race, but with noticeably more muscles. From the moment he had learned to walk, the monks had drilled him for strength. They talked about mastering of the self and spiritual enlightenment through physical perfection, but Rooster had never understood any of that. They told him to kick ironwood trees so he kicked ironwood trees, and they told him to catch fish barehanded from the river, so he caught fish barehanded from the river, and it had made him strong and fast.

He was bare-chested save for a small, green vest that someone in the Death’s Shadow had said he should wear. Rooster was not sure if it was a good-looking vest and at first, it did not seem to fit the aesthetics of the group, but Rooster wore it anyway and was a bit uncomfortable in it until he saw Delphine one night and noticed she too was more naked than dressed. Rooster had never spoken to Delphine, but she had been a great comfort in making him feel at home, nonetheless.

The only thing he still owned from his days in the monastery were his bronze armguards, and his functional kicking shoes. Someone had tried to make him wear pink slippers that curled upwards and inwards by the toes, but they were too small for him and Rooster had politely pointed out he needed his feet for breaking the legs of his enemies. Rooster was not sure why, but this information had come off as a threat to the other thief who did not press the issue of the pink shoes any further and never spoke to Rooster again.

He was once bald, but since the monks were no longer around to shave him, his blonde hair had been allowed to grow uncontrolled, but as it often was with elves his hair seemed to fall nicely into place regardless of how little attention he paid to it. Even after swinging through the treetop, twigs and leaves seemed to disentangle naturally from the young elf who smiled at his leader with a mixture of awe, dog-like affection and shyness. Now that Rooster had found Ghaleon he was unsure of what he should say to him.

He scratched the back of his head, as he often did when nervous and kept on smiling widely. He snickered a bit, because he did not know what else to do and then scratched the back of his head again before finally announcing why he was here.
“Lilith said you needed me.”
His smile widened as he said it. It felt good to acknowledge that he was needed. He then scratched the back of his head for a third time and added quickly, interrupting whatever Ghaleon was about to say:
“… Boss. For the mission. With the gold… She said I was essential… Boss.”
And Rooster smiled proudly because he had made it in time.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:39 pm 

Still preoccupied by the book, Claire had not noticed the figure hurling towards the tree from the roofs. As the added weight bounced on and off the braches, the one she was pearched on shook.

"Woah!" Loosing her balance, she tied to latch onto the closest twig, relief sweeping over her when her hand closed around it. Then panic as it snapped, plunging Claire to the ground.

With a resounding "Ooofff" she landed on a root. Picking herself up and dusting herself off she walked over to where her book had fallen and picked it up as well. Then turned to the man who had just arrived. She gaped, mouth hanging ajar, at the disheveled blonde man. A situation which had been so tense suddenly seemed almost comical as everyone turned to either him or herself.

She took in his appearance, the sharp ears, the blond hair, the tall stature, then again everyone was tall to her. Light Elf, in stark contrast to Lilith. He was buff, his hair was short and his complexion flushed with colour. She was slender, her hair reached her waist and her disposition was pale and blue. Hold on. She opened her book, reaching the index E. Elves liked to keep their hair long and educated themselves on grace and nobility. She glanced over at panting elf with his sheepish grin. Therefore he did not grow up with them. Then were? She glanced again. His clothing did not indicate much. She could see faint scars on his head from frequent shaving the size of them indicates he had done it since childhood. But there were many occupations which would require him to shave. Blacksmith? Monk? Cook?

Seeing she closed the book with a resounding thump and neatly tucked it into her pack. She reached her hand out. "Hello my name is Claire Dennis. Pleased to make your acquaintance. I do believe we will be in the same group?" She looked at Ghaleon. It did make sense. There were three in Ghaleon's and two in hers. Unless they were to split into 3. He might just make this trip bearable. Now if she could only switch Vero with Lilith or Felly....

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:04 pm 

As his thumb ran across the back of her delicate hand, she lost herself for the briefest of moments.

Her mind once again swam with the what-if's that suffocated her memories of Ghaleon. Her heart longed to beat for him, and she found herself dying the silent death of one who has to smother their emotions. She could feel the dull, aching, throb of her heart sinking in her chest. She quieted the whispers her heart longed to say... I could love him... Her blood ran cold as the chasm in her chest seemed to swallow her lungs as well, what sort of wretched love could exist between two so perfectly cursed.

She leaned against the tree, staring at the swaying leaves overhead. She found herself angry, at herself for having these emotions and at Ghaleon for exhuming them from the cold, dusty crypt in which they belonged. Her skin goosebumped as Felly'bas emerged from inky shadow, the faintest magic touched Delphine's senses... Felly was notoriously hard to sense, though the task got easier when you knew what you were looking for. Felly'bas seemed distant... distracted. Delphine straightened, taking a step towards the girl she saw as a sister, but before she could say anything an elf dropped in, quite literally, to their gathering.

"Lilith's standards for what's essential always have been rather... lax." Delphine chided. She walked to stand beside Ghaleon near the group, "You must have impressed Ghaleon, though, or you would not be here." She looked him over, then glanced to Ghaleon, "Though I suppose we all make mistakes." She walked past Felly'bas, gently touching her shoulder, smiling warmly at her, then continuing her pace. "Shall we be off? We do have a full day of murder and theft, and a very tight schedule." She half-joked as she rounded the tree, thinking once more to the promises Ghaleon had made. She sighed, staring into the distance, She only prayed that this job wouldn't cost her life or the lives of those she held dear. While she would never say it, she worried about Felly and Ghaleon more than she worried about herself. She knew Claire long enough to know she could handle anything thrown at her with typical human ingenuity. Vero... Delphine wasn't even convinced he could die; she imagined he would simply congeal from the desolation it would require to end his life.

Felly'bas... Delphine felt closer to her than most of her sisters. They were both damned... monsters in the eyes of many. While both profoundly capable, in profoundly different ways, Delphine knew that there were complications; circumstances that could greatly hinder the perpetually youthful girl. Delphine saw a lot of herself in Felly, maybe that was why she feared losing her so much. As for Ghaleon... Her heart dropped at the thought of losing him. He was one of so few constants in her life, she would sooner lose her magic, her music, her beauty, than lose Ghaleon.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:39 am 

slinking back in

By the gods the elf had made an entrance. His blond locks not even out of place. Vero usually the strong silent type could barely stifle the laughter that rolled through his hearty chest. The seemingly profound antics of this one elf would give him it seemed a brief laugh to fill his life.

His bristling laugh echoed around the oak tree till it slowed to a slow chuckle and a wide grin on his face. But the smile shrank just a smidge as he heard Claire's tone. He could hear the undertone of her words, what she really wanted. To be away from her group and with Ghaleon. The smile faded and was replaced with a sigh. As he rose to his feet placing a large hand on the elf's shoulder.

"Well I don't welcome you brother, it's a easy road we head down. We won't need you." He said sincerely translating to Welcome brother, it's a hard road we head down. We will need you. As soon as the lies had flown out he cursed his politeness. He should of left well enough alone. A frustrated sigh escasped his lips his brow knitted together "Could someone not explain?!" He said his gaze turning to Claire. She needed to get over her hesitation with him.

Lies lingered in the back of his mind sitting in it's silent blissfullness. Vero sighed thankful for that one thing. Being on the road would prove a bit of a chore when it came to feeding the demon again. But Vero would be the sentry he was meant to be. He would guard the rook over every treasure. Maybe when this was all said and done she would tolerate his presence with less disdain. A man could hope right? Well a immortal demon that is.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:17 pm 

Seeing the summoning had worked, he breathed out in relief, finally they could get this show on the road. It felt as though they would never leave, and now, it was only a step away that their journey could begin. Hearing the scouting report lead him to nod with a slight smile. "Thank you Felly, That places great ease over my nerves for the moment. I do apologize on the summoning... I know the pain it causes you... Please, excuse me." Where once was anger, now was a slight tone of sorrow. Was he Apologizing for the pain of the summoning, or was he more saddened by the overarching distance that felly wished between them? The latter seemed far more reasonable, for his eyes had not left the slight gash on her throat. Such a wound, for such a secret. the fact she hadn't tried to kill him yet, meant she cared not for the legends of the Creatures he was blamed to be. This was good... Perhaps he could speak with her on the matter, when the rest had split up. His silent contemplation was jarred loose from the rustling in the trees above him. It wasn't claire, for he hadn't heard more than a Peep from her since he had arrived. Then As if on cue, both Claire and Perhaps the newest Addition to the Band of Misfits dropped down to the floor.

He took a step back, seeing the Blonde elf slowly getting to his feet, Hearing boss leave his lips several times. "What do you want Rook, I did not call you for this mission..." He said softly, Listening to his light snicker before revealing why he was here. The name he dropped made his face twist back to pure annoyance. He seethed as he continued naming all the reasons he agreed to come, But all he heard was, Lilith said this would bother you., Lilith said this would be the perfect way to mess with you for kicking her off the job. "Lilith.... Of Course she did..." He said under his breath as he sent a wild fist into the trunk of the oak. It wouldn't be enough to shake anything loose, but it was better than going hand to hand with the Monk. Ghaleon was filled with rage, but even angry Ghaleon knew not to Exchange hands with a monk of the mountains in this realm. He was only Flesh and bone. They shattered boulders for fun. Just as he was about to speak on how he had no desire for his help, Claire Introduced herself, and basically gave him a welcome to the job, Then Delphine... So sweet of her, and yet even her welcome to him was ill received by Ghaleon as well. Had he been a little more calm, he would have growled his disapproval, Shook them all with a firm but scary voice that he rarely used. ANYTHING to voice his vast unhappiness to these cold blooded killers treating a rook with any kindness, let alone allowing him to come along for giggles and poops.

Just as he was about to look at vero, to plead with him to be just as annoyed, He heard the lies fly forth as a final word on how welcome this Rook was to the cause. "I guess you all have forgotten who run's this little group..." He finally blurted out with a deep growl, slowing turning his head toward the group, a look of rage induced psychosis played on his lips as he tried to form words. "Though Lilith spoke of our need for your skill... I never once summoned you, She has sent you to Test my Grace, and overall dedication to the cause..." He said softly as he looked around to everyone in the group, him lowering his head in defeat.

"I guess I will be the only one who is sure this is a bad idea... But..." He said softly, thinking over his words carefully, before sighing."You may come... You Will get Lilith's Cut, And Fill out Vero's Group with Claire when we split. Do not Disappoint me... I may not Be able to match you in hand to hand, But Skill means nothing when you sleep... Let's Go Everyone. Delphine is right, A very tight Schedule." With that, he stepped passed the group, leaving them to get ready, grabbing his bag from the base of the tree and started heading down the trail toward the first gold storage, already thinking of strategies for the heists.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:10 pm 

slinking back in

Vero caught Ghaleons look his eyes about to plead but he had ignored those green iris. Take tha! Teach you to make me wallow in pain all night, he thought a smug smile on his face. The low growl of Ghaleons words filling the air around the group. Vero knew Ghaleon hated 'surprises' but in all honesty they needed the Rook. Well at least Vero did, his gaze taking in his soon to be only companions.

"Don't follow" Vero said gently his hand patting Rooster on the back. A mischievous smile on his lips. His pack thrown over his shoulder as he followed the path behind Ghaleon in silence. Vero's pace would be slow till both Claire and Rooster followed suit. They were his responsibility after all.

Sent via Dragongram RaWr

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:31 pm 

Claire trudged after Vero, looking back and beckoning Rooster to follow. She didn't know if he understood the literally backwards way in which Vero talked. However she kept her distance from the demon, slowing down as to join Rooster in his pace.

The usual modus operandi would be to not talk at all unless necessary. Then again, she had never been on a mission with anyone like Rooster. They all came from troubled and dark pasts, with either blood on their hands or looking to soil them for profit. In any court other than Ghaleon's she would have been shunned as antisocial, amoral and audacious if she weren't willing to keep up a facade. Here she didn't have to and was considered optimistic and overly emotional.

But he. What was he up to? Claire chanced a glance at the outlier, bright hair in the glittering sun while hers burnt like charcoal. The grin afixed to his face in permanent delight while grimaces or frowns decorated other's. What brought him here? He seems to be polite and a bit dense intellectually.

If he had a dark past his smile wouldn't be genuine.
If he had ulterior motives he would not be so upfront.
If he were trying to find companionship, he'd be in a church and not with a vagabond band of criminals.

Or perhaps it was all a facade like hers. Her instinct, which she did not try to rely upon too often, told her he was genuine. She might not seem like it at a glance but she was a rebel. So she broke the silence.

"What is a bright young man like you doing here?"

She would not have ended up here if she had grown up as Claire Merchant. Ultimately what had brought her back was not the fire nor the decisions she made. It was just impossible for a street urchin to have a happy ending. So why did he choose to forgo his?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:53 am 

A chuckle danced from the mouth of the bard, a musical chirp that stung at the silence. "You think everything and everyone is a bad idea." She shrugged slightly and caught his gaze, "Besides, if he fails, we'll kill him." The upbeat, matter-of-fact tone punctuated the gravity of the words with an uneasy perfection. Her ebony eyes fell in the direction of the new elf, she knew that if he did fail, or turn on them, the consequences for the group would be dire, to say the least. Her gaze still absently resting on the other half of their misfit family, Delphine began humming gently. A somber, heavy tune; her mind wandered to the past, she remembered being betrayed by a former member. "Ghaleon, do you remember that peredhil... half-breed... that turned on us?" She looked back to see Ghaleon had passed her, she looked back to Felly, motioning to keep up.

She quickened her pace, "This elf reminds me a fair bit of him... charming." She reminisced, a memory of Ghaleon and Vero hardening Delphine's naivety. "I believe that was just before Felly'bas had joined us." She glanced to make sure she was within earshot. "He was tall, dark, handsome... much like Ghaleon. Unlike Ghaleon, he was arrogant, so sure of himself. He and I got along famously." She sighed, "That was until Vero found out that he was selling our secrets and he used me as a shield." She laughed slightly, "If I remember correctly, that didn't work out in his favor, at all; Vero stabbed right through me with a sword." She paused for a moment, "I still don't know if he knew I would survive that." She furrowed her brow, "Getting a straight answer from Vero is like squeezing blood from a turnip... I actually cared about him; not Vero, the elf." She clarified, "He was so sweet, or I thought he was. It was bittersweet that Ghaleon and Vero made me kill him. It was a lesson, or so they said, to keep people at a distance." She looked at Ghaleon, "From what they told me later, neither of them trusted him from the start, so who knows, maybe Ghaleon does have decent intuition... but then again, he didn't trust me at first, either." She smiled, "Ominous, I'm sure."

"People come and go, I suppose." She whispered, beginning to hum once more. She traced lines in the air with the tip of her finger, her haunting tune echoing ethereally, "Luckily we're hardly people." She spoke in a sing-song tune, magic trailed from the lines drawn above her head. With one swift move, she moved the circle to the ground around her feet. He steps slowly lifted off the earthen path, she glided gently a few inches above the dirt and rocks, "Since I think I'm the only one who leaves footprints anyways."