All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: + Red Fog +
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:46 pm 

Medals: 1
Original RP (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Jay looked at Leia for a moment, then down at the ground. "Maybe... about 10 or so.." he said, then started to lift his head again. He ran his head through his hair for a moment, "Well... I was leaving Seattle, you know? Cause, that's where I'm from.. It kind of went to hell a little. But, I was heading here, and, I kind of got spotted out in a Intersection... 10 of them spotted me and chased me a good many miles actually." He got up from the light post and started to pace around a bit, even using his hands while he spoke. "I was running as fast as I could, then found myself in a open field. Probably ran into some farmer's plot or something... There was this electric barb wire fence, you know? The ones that are timed and stuff? Well.. I hopped over it, needless to say, the times I was trying to get over it, man... I got over and the runners tried to get to me, but the wire fence activated and electrocuted all 10 of them! If I hadn't hopped over just in time, my balls would have been fried!" he said, snapping his fingers. "Like that."

He paced around some more, "So, that's how I outran them, and ended up back there till I was brought here, by you. So yeah.." he said, shoving his hands into his pockets. "Then again, I'm pretty sure if I did get shocked, I'd be a little 'out of it' if you will. A little twitchy here and there." he smiled, laughing a bit at what he said. "If you understand what I mean, that is." Jay could be the best friend anyone could have, as long as you were on his good side. It was hard to get on his bad side. Jay, was this funny guy who liked to tell his experiences like stories, making them as hilarious as possible even if it threatened his life in the process. He just liked to make people happy, even though his life in the past wasn't all so happy.

"Follow your Heart, Not your Head. Follow your Passion" - Taeyang

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:07 am 

She listened as he relived the story when he got chased by ten runners, how he did it and the sheer luck he had. She shook her head in the amusement and held back a roar of laughter at his balls being fried off remark. Then she smiled but was confused, no she didn’t know what he meant at all. She was a 19 year old girl who had never even had a boyfriend in her life and who had spent most of her adolescence training in medicine or being cared for by strict people who worked at the woman’s home. She hid her confusion though, that was as best she could. She looked around and heard something on the street ahead. “Wow… that’s all I have to say. Except for watch out for the street ahead I think I hear something.” I placed my body against the brick wall and got out my knife. I heard the sound getting closer. No. Sounds. Zombies. She jumped out and caught one of the two Runners and held him down. She jabbed at the runner’s throat and caught it. Blood splattered everywhere. She then jabbed at the heart.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:16 am 

I'm no longer comatose!

To say the standoff went well in her favor would be utter bullshit. Trixie was faced with a man as equally foolhardy and gritty as her; whom wouldn’t cave under the hard gaze of another predator. Someone dangerous. ’Shoot him now or later?’ Savage thought grimly but in the end, she unexpectedly caved in. Not because he was a charming ****, but because she didn’t dare fire a bullet in potential Stalker infested territory. Annnnnd, an extra gun in the dark would be comforting! Hell, she could use him as bait if a desperate enough situation arose; Providing her the opportunity to run while he was devoured down here. Two birds, one stone.

Taking point with her flashlight equipped Beretta, green eyes glanced back to peer at her newfound dusty haired partner. A warning hidden in their depths that if he tried any nonsense she’d drop him faster than a bird’s heartbeat.

“Alright, let’s get moving then.”

Trixie wasn’t sure what kind of training the man had, but he seemed to know what the **** he was doing as they perused the sewers. Weapons hot and trigger fingers tense for some action. They walked in silence with only the sloshing of the muck echoing down the circular chambers. Trixie’s flashlight guided them on their disgusting, dark, journey that was seemingly uneventful. Until the moment the light was reflected back at her in reddish hues. A demon of a zombie giving a hellish howl as it fled down a side passage and its brethren answered his call. Trixie’s stained boots were already jogging down the hall when she heard Cain’s yell.

"****! We need to get out of here, now!"

She glanced back at him, already moving towards her destination. Not caring if he survived or not so she replied coldly.

"Just try to keep up."

Swinging her gun to aim down every passage and forestall the Stalkers creeping up on them with the light proved to be a reliable tactic. On the next passage her gun caught the light of a stairwell leading up to the surface. Staring up at it apprehensively she looked to the male at her right.

"Try and keep them off me. I'll see what I can do about getting that open."

Holstering her pistol she began to climb when his sarcastic tone replied to her order.

"If you really think stopping here is the best plan."

She shot her ‘I’m your ****ing superior officer maggot! And you damn well better bloody listen to me or else!’ look at him, and was pleased when he drew his rifle with a defeated groan.

"Alright fine, we go with your plan."

Hands struggled with the pothole covering, it had probably been closed with asphalt at some point to try and prevent Stalkers from crawling into the Haven like they were doing just now. She fought against the covering futilely until she heard Cain’s gunshots and angry curses for her to ‘hurry up’ below. “**** it.” She rasped taking out her Bayonet and stabbing the thing into a crevice. She cranked the thing up and down until she heard the tar above crack and the metal lid turned. An exhilarated gasp escaped her as she sharply elbowed the last resistance away. Late Morning light poured down the opening, making Stalkers scream, and her want to whoop in victory. Instead the blonde quietly clambered out in a rush, hearing an agitated voice coming up the ladder below, “Thanks for the heads up...." right as she pressed her body against a nearby wall. Well away from the Stalker’s grasp and keeping cover for any chance of Haven patrol walking past. They had infiltrated successfully into a small alleyway behind some warehouse or shop.

“Oh you’re still here?”

Trixie said a bit playfully as he laid down next to the pothole with a groan. “****ing hate those things… Give me the Goosebumps every time I even think about them.” He said curtly and she had to suppress a smirk. ‘This guy could be an enemy still, Trix. Don’t fancy his wit, AH ****!’ Just as Mr. Mysterious sat up she spied a desperate Stalker hand reaching into the light to snatch the man’s ankle. Taking her bent blade the woman threw the thing with expert marksmanship. Throwing Knives had been one of her Ranger training strong-points, afterall. The zombie screamed in pain, withdrawing back into the dark and the stranger pushed the covering back onto their escape route with a series of muffled curses.

“Better put some weight over that, butthole… And you owe me a new military grade tactical-knife if I ever see you again. Tch!”

She ground out in a **** tone; wondering why the **** she even saved the guy instead of letting the Stalker’s take out a resurgent for her. Angry more at herself than anything, really. Drawing her backup, actual-throwing knife Trixie began to walk away. A hand waved at him without looking back nonchalantly as footsteps carried the dame away. “Good luck doing whatever the **** you’re doing! Don’t get caught because they’ll kill you if they figure out you’re an outsider. Oh and send the blade to the Savages household in Seattle. Under Trixie in the phonebook.” With that she turned a corner to finally get a good view of Tacoma’s Safe Haven. The place reminded her of the dirty back streets of Afghanistan or… Detroit’s ghetto.

A passing Soldier collecting people for their weekly bar-code scan made the blonde curse and take the nearest door she could find. Right into the Warehouse of Abdul. A foot caught an old paint can causing a bit of a ruckus and the woman immediately crouched, eyes searching for anything that could be a target. “****, nice going girl.” She spat.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:08 am 

The artificial sound of the guitar and the low tones of Johnny Cash's voice fade away for the third time that morning and Abdul's sheep can no longer jump over the fences he set in his imagination. It was hard to sleep in the heat that the small room contained and captured inside, seeing as the only entrance of air was a small window on the wall behind him and the, right now, closed door. Abdul pulled the headphones away from his ears and closed his eyes once again, which only made him more aware of the sweat drops that made his makeshift bed uncomfortable to rest in; it was like being in a small, personal sauna. He shifted around a little bit and for five minutes, everything was quiet.

The sound of rock, or at least something solid and heavy, being moved apart and falling to the ground, a loud and dry thud; a whisper, the voice of a woman, that woman screaming at the air, at nobody Abdul could heard. And then another scream, this time of pain; but it was inhuman, artificial like that of an electronically reproduced song, akin to something that was not created by a natural process. A demon, perhaps. And once again the woman screamed. Abdul was in a daze; perhaps it was the heat or the lack of sleep but now the unbearable sweat he had produced had turned cold and his hair was standing up. He was wide awake and paying attention to... any noise.

The door was opening.

Abdul held his breath for a moment, if it was any citizen or guard, they would not shoot him for no reason but he had heard tales of zombies that spoke just as a human would. And who's to say the voice of that woman was not also held by the creature that screamed like a demon? The footsteps increased in volume as Trixie made her best effort to not break the tense silence inside the room. Abdul considered his possibilities; he had no weapons aside from a small wrench and even so, he was lying down and already at a disadvantage. And if it was a guard, an armed guard, the trigger would be pressed before he could look at the cowardly henchman in the eyes.

A paint can he had left in the corner, just as many things he left lying around in the disorganized room, was met by the foot of the trespasser. ''****, nice going girl''. Abdul peered over the covers at the silhouette of a young woman, crouching and looking around for something. And she was armed with a blade, a knife, to be precise. Any battle he attempted to start would be a sure loss on his side, even if he managed to inflict any wounds. At least she had talked to herself; at least he was sure he wouldn't die at the hands of a zombie with the language of man. But, now confirming that it was a ''rational'' being, Abdul considered negotiating from a disadvantageous position. And he took off the covers. The woman obviously saw him move, and she seemed to be on the defensive.

''Breaking into people's houses is something normal these days, just as is killing and injuring. And I sincerely hope you don't do any of the last two. But I have to ask you, what do you seek from this house? You're part from the Haven, aren't you? We haven't met then but you know we are both getting treated like objects. Like ****, to be specific. And I'm no idealist, but at least we're stuck together in this craphole. Then what do you seek from me when you know all the scrap you find here and try to sell will end in the hands of Paul, eventually... it'll be traced back to me, to my decomposing body.

Drop the knife.

I know not your name, but if we both live here you probably have seen me around, I'm Abdul Muqtadir Muhammad, at your service if you need a repair. But I can only repair your things if I'm alive. What is your name?''

Be calm. Be calm. The cold sweat was the only thing Abdul could feel running donw his forehead but he spoke in an almost stoic manner. Some say panic and the adrenaline that comes with it create reactions of bravery but at the moment, it only had awoken a cool head in a potentially risky situation. Abdul examined the woman further, she wasn't much taller than him but judging from her position, she was no amateur with the way she handled her weapon. Nothing could be worse news. Abdul held his breath and his heart climbed up to his throat as he waited for a response.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:45 am 

The Safe Haven was almost as bad as the worst parts of Detroit, Aaron thought, then regretted it as he felt a pang of nostalgia. He had made his way there from Sault Ste. Marie when he was eighteen and had always thought of himself as a Detroiter since. He missed the old spirit of the town that had been the 313 before the phone lines all coughed and died. Guess it wasn't getting back up anytime soon.

At any rate, he had to focus on the here and now. Right away, he could tell from the furtive looks of passerby he didn't fit in- the guitar case and hip holster, he realized suddenly. None of the civilians here seemed to be armed, he realized. Odd. Several of the Safe Havens he had been to outright required everyone to pack heat. The better to deal with sudden attacks by the dead or gangs of bandits. Or be shot dead in an argument over a can of beans. That happened a lot too, it seemed.

Aaron knew it was only a matter of time before he was recognized as a stranger. The military presumably ran the place. Easy answer, avoid soldiers. Stick to the alleyways. Out of sight. Just like that. Behind this place that looked like a garage or warehouse or machine shop. Possibly all three. Covered junk heap, maybe.

From inside, Aaron heard the clattering of an empty can, a muffled curse, a soft and accented voice. Out of sight and quiet. Seemed like a good place to begin his inquires.

Obliviously, Aaron knocked loudly on the open door, shouting "Coming in!" as he strolled in through the back, hands raised well away from his gun. "Sorry to barge in, but I want to ask-"

Aaron stopped talking as he took in the rawboned woman holding a rifle on a graying Middle Eastern man. "Oh. ****," he muttered, feeling like a prize butthole. "I, uh, I'll-" Realizing no excuse he could make was possibly adequate, he just raised his hands and hoped for clemency.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:07 pm 

Medals: 1
Original RP (1)

Jay blinked a bit when Leia had said that she heard something, to which he too hid in the shadows. He had already had enough with trying to survive these past few days, but at least his first human interaction wasn't a zombie. In fact, it was kind of relieving in a way. As he lingered in the shadows, breathing quietly, he watched Leia move out and attack a zombie, stabbing at it's chest with a knife. He couldn't help but put a hand over his own, having a uncomfortable look on his face. Man, I'd hate to get her mad... he thought, stepping out of the shadows for a bit. He walked out into the street, scanning down both sides for a bit. "Lets not linger around here any longer... Come on.." he said, shoving his hands into his pockets as he strolled down the street a bit, looking over his shoulder to see if Leia would follow.

Walking for a little bit, he stood in a intersection, all 4 streets looked rather deserted. There were some cars lying around here and there, but they looked beat up, a couple of flat or missing tires. He could take a guess the engines or batteries were gone too. Whatever you could get your hands on, right? He inspected some old buildings that looked cracked and some had overgrowth on them. And he couldn't help but pull on the overgrown roots and vines. "Hmm, such a ghost town.." he sighed. But the real question was, where would they go? There had to be a place they could go to. Besides, if night hits them, they'd be vulnerable. Bad enough that Jay had gone 2 days without sleep. A third night may be some trouble for him.

"Follow your Heart, Not your Head. Follow your Passion" - Taeyang

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:20 am 

Cain huffed as he rolled out of the manhole and onto the concrete. He looked up at the woman he escaped with, a smile decorating his lips. It faded into a look of concern as he jerked away from the stalker's hand. The woman reacted faster than Cain could, she threw a knife into the would-be assailant and sent it spiraling back into the sewer.

"Hell of an arm..." He mumbled.

She rudely recommended that he put weight over the manhole cover that he was busy replacing, throwing in a bill for her lost knife.

"You sure know how to make friends."

He moved a cinder block onto the iron disk, shaking out his boot and following after the archer.

"Hold up, I've got some questions... ****."

She disappeared around a corner and Cain followed suit. He rounded the turn just in time to see her dodge into a building, didn't figure much could spook her. He ducked into the building.

"Look, I'm not done with you...."

He stopped talking when he saw the stranger across from the woman, both he and the archer seemed just as confused as Cain.

"Well, If I knew we were visiting someone I would have put on some clean pants."

I've posted a new Brothers, a Tale of Two Sons video for anyone interested.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:07 pm 

I'm no longer comatose!

It was really shaping up to be one of those days. Not just a bad day, but an astronomical bad day. Trixie was quickly deciding that she really didn’t like Tacoma, Washington. Ducking into the garage and actually making the amateur mistake of disturbing an object, a very metallic and noisy object, was a ****ing disgrace for the Ranger. She sat quietly listening and watching for any retaliation from the shady shop. Mechanical parts and junk littered the walls and the floor. A treasure trove for Trixie needing some gas and supplies. It was seemingly uninhabited for the first few seconds before after she cursed until eyes caught movement behind a hanging tarp.

She rotated her knife in a position ready to throw the sharp-edged weapon at any attackers, her other hand touching the gun strapped to her thigh, undoing the clasp, and ready for quick draw. The blonde really, really, didn’t want to shoot anything inside the Haven. Soldiers would swarm like ****ing fire ants to her location. Soft and nervous questions of an older gentlemen graced the Soldier’s ears as her potential enemy revealed himself. An Arab cultured man with grease stained clothes and peaceful gestures spoke a mouthful to her in fast but reasonable tones.

He was reading this whole situation wrong! She wasn’t here to kill him, maybe rob him a bit, but the Soldier wasn’t into killing the innocent or unarmed. It also sounded like he really didn’t freaking enjoy this little plot of sunshine called a Haven. “Wait. Calm down. I’m not here to hurt you… I merely have questions and am needi-” Steady hands went to sheathe her knife and her pistol touching fingers went to rise away from metal death in a placating gesture. She continued to speak until two doors burst open; interrupting and startling the Army Officer and the older man too. Two men entered, both speaking a tad too loudly and pausing midspeech like she had when spying her and Abdul.

“Sorry to barge in, but I want to ask… Oh ****. I, uh, I'll-"

Eyes widened and Trixie released a tiny, nervous ‘eep’ as she spun on the balls of her feet from a nervous trained tick. Drawing her Beretta to aim at the newcomer with her right hand while the left pointed her knife at Cain’s crotch whom just entered behind her. She was practically whiplashing her head between the three. This was becoming quite the standoff… A very ridiculous, almost comedic, standoff.

Trixie looked between each man, pretty much all of them were in ‘I surrender’ poses. Eyes glared up at Cain as he released a smartass comment in what must have been his attempt to ease tension.

"Well, if I knew we were visiting someone I would have put on some clean pants." Speaking as if they were partners or a couple made the blonde grind her teeth.

“Why did you **** them after our little adventure?” She growled tapping the blade against his thigh. She had to be careful with this one. He probably had the skills to disarm her.

A sheepish smirk at their banter made the woman groan in acceptance. She swallowed a frog in her throat, making the decision to take a chance with these three despite her better judgments. Savage stood, taking a few steps away from Cain so she stand between him and Abdul with a clear sight of Aaron. Sheathing and haltering both her weapons, the chaos-starter also raised her hands into the air with open palms to mimic everyone else. “Let’s all just calm down here. Things are getting out of hand and we have one big ****ing misunderstanding.”

Her eyes looked to Abdul and she bowed her head a little. “I’m Captain Savage from the Army Rangers. I used to be a Guard Captain at another Haven. You can see my Guard’s barcode behind my ear.” Carefully she brushed back some hair to show the tattoo before casting a glance at Cain. “I infiltrated with this man here, whom I just met in the sewers so feel free to shoot him for being suspicious, so I could gather some supplies and information. I don’t want to hurt anyone!” She then pointed an accusatory finger at Aaron. “And for the shithead whom just came barging through your front entrance like he owns this place… Well, I am in no way affiliated with him either.”

Stormy orbs glanced at a metal workshop table and she pointed with her foot. “So if it is okay with the Mr. Muhammad, whom I’d really like to not scream for the Guards here because they just sound so awesome, why don’t we all just sit down? Peaceful like.”

MEANWHILE…..

Godfrey lay on the hood of the tan Humvee. The old school one with a modified engine and gas tank. This was one of Trixie’s other babies besides her weapons and slobbering freak. His stomach was cramping not from hunger, no he filled that **** with one of Trixie’s disgusting MRE food packets, but from pure terror. “Please, please hurry back…” He whined into the forest canopy.

The rottie resting its large head on his thigh seemed to whine in agreement.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:32 pm 

"Yeah, I really kinda dropped the ball on that one," Aaron said. Reaching out with a scuffed boot, he edged an old plastic milk crate closer to himself, then sat down on it. Best do as he was told. "Sorry about that, Captain. I wouldn't have come in here if it wasn't important, okay? I just have one question for you guys, and then I'm gone."

Still keeping his hands up, he looked around the cluttered workshop. "Your place, Captain? It's kinda nice. You know what it makes me think of? My dad's grodge. My dad was an interesting guy. A garbage collector, for the city. He was always finding stuff people threw out because they thought it was broken. He'd take it home and clean it up, fix it, get it like new. Yeah, Mom wasn't thrilled that our toaster came out of someone's dumpster, but me, I thought it was awesome. Dad was smarter than all of his customers." Aaron was rambling now, the words pouring out without forethought or plan. A consequence of talking to no one for weeks. "I got my first guitar, an old Yamaha, that way. It was our little project. We had to restring it, and get the neck back on with some wood glue, and sand down the body and oil it. That guitar was a piece of ****, eh. It sounded awful. But I liked it, and I thought my dad was so smart for making it."

Aaron was getting lost in his own story, not realizing just how his logorrhea was coming across to his audience. He hadn't ever really talked about this in the last couple years, and now all the sudden it was pouring out. "But, y'know, being smart didn't help my dad at all, right? Red Fog came while I was staying with him. Husks ripped him to pieces." He shrugged. "Sorry, not trying to get your sympathy. Not a sob story. Just sayin'."

"Fact being, my family's dead. Watched them die. So I need to find the next best thing. Need to know what happened to them. Because, all this, this bullshit, right?" he said with an expansive gesture that was meant to somehow encompass the entire world. "No one should have to face this alone. I had friends that were always there for me. They paid my rent when I was broke, they took care of me when I was sick, they backed me up when I got jumped outside a bar in Lansing. You'll notice I said Dad was smart. Not that I loved him. Kinda sounds wrong, eh? That I didn't love my own dad? Just cause he was smart didn't mean he wasn't an butthole too. No, my real family was my band. Get me? I should have been with them when the Red Fog came, but I wasn't. And now I have to find them. I gotta make that right with me, and I gotta make that right with them. Cause like I said, no one should do this all alone."

Aaron reached into his pocket, not caring that the action might easily get him shot, and pulled out the dog-eared, yellowing photo from so long ago. Outside the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland. The first stop on their first tour. Not for a concert, of course, that had been that evening at the Wolstein. But they had insisted on the bus stopping at the museum and this quick photo. Aaron pointed to each face in turn, skipping himself and poor Tim, his face covered with a faded X from a blue Sharpie. "Adam Huntley. Waldemar Kopacz. Stevie Sutton. Have you seen them?" Aaron stared at the others. "Please. I have to find them. Please just answer and then I'll go."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:20 am 

The stench from the refrigerator hit Crosse like a freight train as he rustled around in the dead machine, looking for anything that he could drink and carry. The sports bar he was raiding was decrepit and run down, reduced to nothing in the few short months that it had been abandoned. Bottles clinked together as he pulled out some warm beer, a bottle of vodka and some plastic bottles of water, which he loaded into his rucksack. Warm water was better than no water and despite it being bad, the alcohol could provide some use down the line. He felt a chill run through his body but he wasn’t sure if it was coming from the brisk Washington spring air or…something else. Whatever it was, he didn’t like it and if he had learned anything over the last decade: always follow his gut.

The temperature wasn’t unusual for him. Despite growing up in the sub-tropical weather of Southern California and having spent the last few years in the barren wasteland that was Texas, the desert was cruel at night overseas in Afghanistan. But it came with the territory of being a Navy SEAL, the elite of the elite, and the ability for him to acclimate as well as regulate his body temperature had become an easy one. However, he still wore a fitted navy blue long sleeve shirt underneath his short sleeve white V-neck and a buttoned up black flannel over that. Crosse zipped up the tactical jacket he was wearing, which he had stolen from an abandoned police station, and felt his pockets. Knowing that his spare loaded magazines were there helped reassure him. The bow slung over his shoulder rested comfortably, the drawstrings pulled taut across his chest. He did a quick pat down of his urban camouflage pants. Gun, check. Extra magazines, check. Knives…not check.

“Ah” he turned around to retrieve his other SOG knife. He placed his gloved hand on the head of the Shriek and shimmied the knife from the skull of the dead, the force of the blow so powerful that the knife had penetrated all the way through and into the wood paneling of the bar. Crosse wiped the knife on the barstool and sheathed it, both knives accommodated for, before adjusting his rucksack and heading to the door.

The wind hit him immediately as he stepped out, his black Nike tactical boots cushioning his steps on the wet asphalt. He pulled the collar up on his jacket and made his way back towards the Safe Haven, curfew just a few hours away. Nighttime in barren Tacoma was not somewhere Crosse wanted to be. Although he could survive a night or two on his own, he didn’t want to chance it and picked up the pace.

Last edited by DarkHorse on Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:02 am 

The tension remained in the air for a few seconds as the blonde haired woman stood there in silence. She looked surprised when Abdul started rising from his resting place. And she started speaking; she was going to sheathe her knife. Abdul's heart was not beliving what his eyes saw; his eyes were still wide open and his breath was still accelerated. But his brain told him that the situation had been defused, at least the weapon had been hidden. He pulled himself up from the filthy, messed up bed. It was then he realized his shirt was stuck his back due to a copious amount of sweat. Abdul thought for a second; he thought about closing the door but the woman was just beside it, but nobody could see him with an intruder.

“Wait. Calm down. I’m not here to hurt you… I merely have questions and am needi-”

Abdul was still on a rather defensive stance but his expression softened. ''Alright... let's take our time and ca-'' Or at least he relaxed until the door burst open again and two strangers jumped inside the room, also surprising the seemingly blonde woman. Abdul thought that if the woman was not the delivery man for a 9mm bullet; these would be those men. But they did nothing but look as surprised as Trixie.

“Sorry to barge in, but I want to ask… Oh ****. I, uh, I'll-"

The woman quickly spun on her feet drew her gun and put both weapons on their throats. Or at least weak points. Abdul felt like a knife to the nether regions would not make the newcomer shoot us any slower. The tension in the air was palpable once again; at least there was no weapons aimed at him but Abdul felt like he was being aimed at by a rifle from a trench afar, from a sniping spot. And he guessed a bullet would be eventually fired from it. The seconds felt like they stretched to hours, the sound of the air going down the street and the grasshopper that curiously wandered behind the shop gave it the feel of a mexican standoff.

A smartass comment later, a sigh and the woman backed away and raissed her hands, understanding how the situation would develop if the silent threats continued. With both her weapons sheated, everyone else felt an air of relief enter the room. The blonde woman spoke to Abdul, showing her will to cooperate, even if it's one time, to the owner of the place she broke in. ''I most definitely will not... scream for help, for it would only worsen my situation. But know that you are not very welcome here... I don't know any of you and you are holding weapons on you; normally the guards would have taken any of these... so I guessed correctly when I thought you were intruders. And to be sincere, I trust you even less when you tell me you're a guard. But first and foremost...'' Abdul walked past the group of comically timed intruders and, not without looking outside first and making sure no guard had seen the three enter inside thee workshop, he closed the doors with the sound of heavy metal clashing when it was fully closed.

When Abdul turned around to look at the intruders, he found one was already sitting down, appearently having inmeadiatly felt comfortable to do such thing even when Abdul felt like strangling each and every one of them. His fear had changed into annoyance, into anger; perhaps misguided anger. ''You say you have questions... do you have any idea what you have done?! God willing, the guards have not seen you or the men that followed you, because the other one must have seen you enter, but I wouldn't take any risks... and we wouldn't really like that. But... anyways, young woman, you said you were in the army, I hope you will defend us if things go down the drain. Which they probably will. I myself have no weapons and the training I recieved in the armed forces was minimal, at best. I'll respond to your questions but you will have to leave''. The young man who had taken a seat for himself started speaking, Abdul ignored his tale as best as he could. Everyone had lost their families and loved ones but letting it out could help the young one; stress does sthings to people. His attention was caught when he heard the names of the band members.

''Wait, let me look at that.'' said Abdul as he got closer to the fragile photograph. He recognized the wheelchair-bound man, except in the picture, he had a more joyful and lively expression. ''Well... kid. I do know one of these friends of yours.'' He pointed at the only face he had met before on the picture. ''You said his name was Waldemar, wasn't it? Kid...'' Abdul pondered for a second how to break the news to the young man, because even if they were bad, he deserved a chance to know Waldemar was inside the Safe Haven. ''He's not having a good time in here. And that's an understatement... let's just say he tried to cheer people up and... he's... in a wheelchair right now. Some thugs broke both of his legs and I found him and took him to the nurse but, even if she did the best she could, he needs therapy that we can't afford right now. Look, I know him, he's a good kid and he's still stubbornly singing out there, you have to convince him to stop or... do something before he gets hurt even further.'' Abdul sighed and looked at Aaron's face, waiting for him to react to the, understandably, bad news.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:05 pm 

The options Crosse were presented with right now were not what he’d call favorable…to him. It was either conceal his weapons and get back into the Safe Haven, which was the norm, or survive the night and get back tomorrow. Considering the time, staying out seemed the best option and that was the worst option for most people. But Crosse was a survivalist and could hold his own against a few undead. Making up his mind, Julian adjusted his sack and began scoping out possible hideouts. He grabbed a stick and began tracing a map into the mud.

“Forest to the West, downtown Tacoma up North. I think there’s a residential area out by the forest…” He squatted down and began drawing a compass. “Best option, if there’s any fortification, can stay in the homes. If not, can maybe post up in a tree.”

Deciding that was what he was going to do, he began making his way towards the abandoned cul-de-sac. The homes, once teeming with life, were left dilapidated and completely ransacked by looters over the years. They seemed completely stripped of any fortification, which didn’t do much for Julian’s confidence. The windows were completely bare and doors knocked off their hinges leading Crosse to go examine some of the homes, in the hoes of finding any leftover supplies. But he found next to nothing and without any means of keeping the dead out of the homes, the forest seemed his only option now as night began to close in.

It became colder and colder and Crosse pulled the collar up on the jacket, hoping to block the wind from his neck and carry his scent to anything lurking in the shadows. He made his way towards what appeared to be a large mound of rocks that seemed suspiciously organized, as if to conceal something. As he came closer, he made out what appeared to be a large truck and on it a young black kid with a large Rottweiler.

Random, Crosse thought to himself. But being random, I guess, is good nowadays. Hoping to not startle the kid, Julian adjusted his approach and came at him more from the front. However, Crosse knew times were tough and that the boy could be armed, as well as having a large Rottie didn’t help settle matters. So Cross drew his Sig Sauer, making sure to keep his finger off the trigger and cautiously entered the boy’s eyesight.

“Sorry, son,” he called out. “I don’t mean to scare you or hurt you. I’m just looking for some shelter tonight. I am armed and extremely dangerous but I assure you, I have no intention on exposing you to either if we can help it.”

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:20 pm 

Leia had noticed the uncomfortable look on his face and smiled. “I don’t bite, honestly, but I do have skills with a knife.” She nodded, he was smart to not stick around here. Zombies in the nearby vicinity could have heard the screech of the zombie as she stabbed its heart. She watched at the casual way Jay simply placed his hands in his pockets and walked away as if the zombie apocalypse didn’t exist and he was invincible. Leia thought hard about whether she should follow and trust him or not, he had trusted her after all. She deliberated as he looked back to check if she was following him and she started walking. She jogged lightly to catch up. The walk wasn’t long but it seemed like forever, a silent and almost awkward forever. When they came to an intersection she stayed silent because, just like Jay, she had no idea of which way they should go. Both ways looked like they went somewhere that they didn’t want to go in the night.
‘Hmmm, such a ghost town.’ She nodded as the foliage covering the buildings cast a horrifying and creepy shadow over the lit ground. The over grown plants made it seem like the movies when you look out your window and see wines or roots or branches that look like a creepy hand. The paranoia was almost overbearing. It would get worse at nightfall. Jay seemed tired and seemed to be thinking about something. “Jay… are you okay? You seem worn out.” She noticed. She contemplated whether to take him back to the base or not and then thought that she should. He trusted her, now it was her turn to trust him… and he trust her a bit more. It was all about trust, which is a weird but tangible concept in an apocalypse.
“Follow me to my base.” She knew where it was from here, she knew the Tacoma area like the back of her hand. The many tests she had on the Tacoma area in the safe haven were worth it. Tedious, but beneficial in moments like these. As she made her way back she looked for significant land marks and wasn’t concentrating too much on Jay. Then she heard something a couple of streets ahead and held the handle of her knife with skilful hands. When she approached she saw an old school Humvee and a man sitting on top of it with a dog. These were the same people she was spying on earlier today. ‘Please hurry back…’ He must be talking about the girl. She was walking up from behind him and decided to make herself known. She hid her knife before she did so. “Hey, I’m Leia.” She said with a smile.