All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:02 pm 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Supporter (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Morning rose with a distinct sent in the air. Three years post-Flare and most still can't get used to it. It was a rusty pugnant smell that usually didn't make you want to hop on out of bed. A worn down mattress and bedframe creaked as Connor rolled over, still fully clothed. Conduit or not, sleeping on a nasty mattress can't be healthy for anyone.

Connor sat slumped over the edge of the bed and looked down over the side of the railing. He slept on the top platform of a run down metal warehouse and he always glanced over to make sure no one was around. One could never be too careful these days.

After a big stretch and a yawn, Connor made his way to the edge of the grated platform. It was completely demolished and severed from the rest of it that lay in ruins on the other side. With one final stretch, Connor hopped on to a metal rail that sat diagonally against the wall and led to the ground. His hands sparked with vibrant blue colors and he kept his balance as he slid down to the bottom. Ever since the discovery of his powers he used them whenever possible to find new uses for them. But before he could get into his normal morning practice, a loud disturbance outside caught his attention.

A woman begged for her life as two grungy hooded muggers circled her like sharks waiting for the kill strike. Not what Connor had in mind as far as a morning practice, but close enough. He slid the massive metal door open and stepped outside. The sound of the door had already caught the thug's attention.

"Morning fellas. I woke up a bit grouchy today so I'm only going to say this once: Leave her alone..." The thug's glanced at each other than laughed, stepping towards Connor. The light revealing their mutilated faces. Mutants...wonderful... Connor thought to himself. The first thug licked his lips, growled then began a fast sprint towards Connor. The other, like a mirrored image, did the same thing on the other side, attempting to come at Connor from both sides running on the large walls of metal and junk that was laying about.

A flash of white and blue burst out of Connor's eyes and he crossed his hands in front of his chest, sparking with embers of electricity. In an instant, Connor swung his arms out to their respective sides and sent a massive static wall of electricity that smashed into the two thugs, dropping them to the ground instantly, convulsing from the shock. Connor slowly walked towards their twitching bodies and held a hand over each of their heads.

"Welcome to Haven f*ckers..." A bright flash of lightning burst from both his hands, kicking up dust everywhere. When it all cleared, Connor walked away from the headless bodies back to his warehouse.

This is for everything you’ve ever loved
Use all the pain that you’ve felt in your life as the currency go out and trade it for blood
You are not you. You are now us
We are the only ones that you can trust
You’ll become fear. They’ll become dust
Before this moment you didn't mean much
You are the smoldering vessel of punishment born to do nothing but justify us"

Last edited by Volatile on Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:29 am 

A few miles away from the bigwigs in Hightower (her own name for the building that housed the Haven Council) Anne was meeting with one of their gofers, offering him one chance to get the **** off of her property before she made him eat her whip. His name was Luxe Bartom, and he had a proposition for her about working for this city that was really just a regrettable heap of semi-desolate wilderness.

There was a tension in the air around them, as if she'd sucked all the best bits into herself and left him with nothing but staleness and eerie silence. He had no doubt she was serious about going through with her threat, but his leaders had been very direct about his orders. They were to recruit her or die trying. He'd thought it would be easy, but now fifty percent of him hinged his bets on the death idea.

Anne Ashling was a different breed of woman, and even a hardened man like Luxe could see it in her gestures, eyes, even the way her fingertips didn't remain stationary on that long leather whip, coiling it for easy access in the crook of an arm.Other women handled handbags or pets that way, or stroked the arms of their lovers.

Her hair was so blond it was white, or it seemed that way. There were the last dying remains of pink dye at the tips, faded to almost nonexistence. She must have had long hair three years ago, and these were the last remnants from then. Hairdye had been soem of the first things to disappear. Her eyes were light blue, and he had the feelign they were even befoire she gained her talents.

When he didn't speak she struck out, slicing open his left cheek to the bone. The tall brunette man reached his hand up to touch the wound, almost amused. He could see this made her angry, and she snarled, her pearly teeth set in a snarl befitting of a wild dog.

"I'm sorry, but if you don't come with me then you'll have to kill me. There is no room for failure. I hope you understand my position."

She would be able to see it from his gesture. The mutation was under control for him, centered to the inside palms of his hands. The blood dripping down his cheek was black. She would know Councilman Arghost's tolerance for mutants fairly well at this point. Even though Ann was a hard woman, she would know that his fate would be in her hands. Slowly she untensed and threw her weapon casually over her neck. Flicking him a raggedy handkerchief, she walked to him and past.

They had to get to the Hightower.

" Whatever you say, you glorified slave. Who are the other Conduits, and why do they think they'll join in this crusade?"

" I can't tell you, but you'll know soon enough. Until then-"

The world went dark when he touched her shoulder from behind. He slid the gloves in his pocket back on with the ghost of the same grin from before. The suctiony puckers that grew on his palms produced extreme levels of melatonin in Conduits. He would need her alseep to transport her. Hopefully the others would be gathered much more easily.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:33 pm 

Blog: View Blog (7)

Almond shaped green eyes stared into the fire that flickered in the dull morning light. A heavy sigh came from behind the owner of the green eyes. The girl turned to see a man, with messy black hair, and fair skin, pock-marked in freckles. "Sam, why are you still up? Did you get any sleep?"

"Yeah, the usual." She replied, her voice coarse from lack of use.

"So six hours?" He scoffed, "You're killing yourself you know, you need more sleep than that."

With this, the girl sighed, and stood. "I slept fine. I feel fine." Her answers delivered, she made a hard motion with her hands, and dust flew into the fire in a soft fountain. "Wake everyone up."

"Where are you going?" He called to her as she left the makeshift campsite, composed of little more than slabs of jagged stone partially covering the opening to a cave.

"For a walk."

"Sam, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but we have work to do, we need to get moving again."

"Why?" She questioned, to her, this camp was safe, easy to protect.

"Since Mrs. Sanders was bitten by her apple last night." He stared at her sternly. Sam couldn't help but laugh at the mental image of the teacher wrestling with her apple as it snapped a thorny leaf closed around her thumb.

"I'm glad you find that funny, Ms. Morris." The gray skinned woman stared her down as she exited the cave. "My thumb and I would like to remind you that we can't stay in one place for too long, we have no idea what kinds of toxins may be present in our food now. Plus, I'm not fond of eating something that can eat me back." At this, Josh erupted into laughter, Sam blushed furiously.

"Fine, we'll head to this Haven. Get all the **** together."

"Language!"

"It's the end of the world, '****' is a perfectly acceptable word." She argued. Her point made, she made her way over the ridge of the cave, and began her walk around the premises.

"There's the lady of the hour!" A voice called out. Sam turned, her crystalline staff forming in her hand. Two men stood before her, one wore a large, toothy grin, the other, a generally disapproving scold. The smiling man approached her as a car dealer would, holding his hat down with one hand, the other extended to Sam.

"Can I help you?" She asked gripping her staff, refusing the man's hand.

"Ah, but is we who seek to help you." The man's voice was too cheerful, Sam wanted to hurt him... badly. "We know who you are, and what you're capable of, we've been keeping a close eye on the absolutely spectacular garden you've managed to grow out in this horrid place." He spoke quickly, Sam had to fight the urge to slap him and tell him to stop acting like a used car salesman. "You've got quite the green thumb." He laughed at his own joke, no one joined in. "Ah, but I digress, I'm Dr.Strauss, and this is my associate, Vince." As he introduced himself, he removed his hat, Sam cringed at the extra pair of eyes that now stared at her as he bowed.

"Ew."

"I apologize, my dear lady, I tend to forget my ... extra appendages." He replaced his hat.

"Hey... Sam?" Josh came up behind her, a few of the people traveling with them poked their heads up out of the cave. "Who's this?"

"Dr. Seuss, and Igor." She motioned to them, "And they're leaving now."

"Strauss, m'boy, Dr.Strauss. And this is my associate Vince."

"So he's like your boyfriend or something?" Josh questioned, withdrawing slightly from the man's handshake.

"Ha! Quite a sense of humor in this group. Glad to see that didn't die off with society." Strauss laughed it off, Vince didn't find it so funny, as he glared at Josh. "He's more a bodyguard, brought along for your service, although with this strapping young lad, I can't imagine you'd need his assistance." He paused for compliment or jest, Sam just glanced between Josh and Strauss.

"Leaving now." She repeated with a sigh, and turned away from the conversation.

"Now now, m'lady, we just want to help. You need us as much as we need you, the badlands can be very dangerous for a young lady, and her companions." His tone now serious.

"Excuse me, are you threatening me?" The ground shook slightly as Sam turned back around.

"I wouldn't think of it." He smiled once more.

"Sam, he's from Haven, maybe we should go with him, we've been meaning to go there anyways." Josh said slowly.

"Fine, but if we get there, and anything... Anything, seems out of place, or wrong, we're out of there. Anyone tries to stop us, Haven will be the new grand canyon." She stared at him dangerously, her green eyes burning, "Understood?"

"Of course." He clapped his hands cheerfully, "Now, how many in the group."

"Eleven." Josh answered.

"Twelve." Sam corrected, She stared at him.

"No, eleven, nine normals, Mrs. Sanders and you. That's eleven."

"Nine normals, Mrs. Sanders, Me... and you... makes twelve."

"Oh. I forgot myself?" He cringed slightly.

"I'd forget you too." She consoled him. "Igor, wanna help us gather our stuff, thanks." Less of a question, and more a command, she turned, and made her way back to the tiny opening, which crumbled, and grew at her approach. Josh followed her, making comments under his breath mocking her.

"Too easy." Strauss whispered to his 'associate' who simply smiled.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:03 am 

Blog: View Blog (4)

Aifa had camped out in the remnants of an Iron factory, with what scrap was left she built herself a rather cozy den. As she looked out the top window of what would have been the managers office she noticed it was all clear. The down side to her beauty was, she got lot of unwanted attention from the crazies. She would always put them in their place though which was normally six feet under. She didn't stand for anyone to get in her way, and today was no different. Working off a clue she found from a small yet rather solid group of survivors she helped defend for a while she planned on heading closer into heaven.

It wasn't the best idea since the closer she got to heaven's city center, the closer she got to 'them'. The bastards at the research department were her worst enemies, but they did help her gain control over her power. The power to control Iron, though it's a sub element of an Earth conduit. Aifa's ability to control the metal as saved her life many times, but it has also put her in a lot of danger. Iron is a very sort after metal these days, and she can simply make it from the ground if she wanted. But she never let that stop her, even in this say and age people are still kind to her allowing her to stay on her mission to find her loved one.

Aifa left the factory and began to travel toward the city center, though she didn't have much food the rations she laid out for herself would still last her a week. Plenty of time to reach another group of survivors, she'd even herd rumors of a traveling group protected by an earth conduit. Though it would be a good idea to try and find them the information she on them was too vague and so, she was stuck traveling alone. She didn't mind, traveling alone was easier for her. No one to drag her down, no one to protect, just her and her mission.

At least that's what she wanted to believe. She'd have to think of what to do when she finally found her, that was something she'd deal with when she had to. She looked up at the large tower in the center of heaven. That was her mark, she used that building to get her bearings of the city. As she continued toward it she felt like someone was watching her, She increased her pace but the feeling never escaped her. She ran into a broken down building and hid in it's darkness.

As she hid she heard a soft tapping of foot steps, and then a rather familiar voice "Aif, i know your in here, come on" he said in a soft tone. Aifa looked him up down before dropping down in front of him. "don't follow me like that, I told you stay with the other camp why did you leave Eric?" The mans face changed little. Eric was a mutant but he had control over his power unlike the others. she found him in a rather messy state before taking him to a camp of survivors. "The camp, it's gone" he said slowly and quietly.

Aifa turned to him her eyes shining from the build up of tears she was holding back " why?! the gates should have kept them safe?!" she shouted at him. Eric looked at her and place his large hand on her shoulder. " It did, but it also put them in danger, Aif, they screwed up and a bunch of crazies destroyed the place" Afia turned and punched the wall several times "I did what i could, but, it wasn't enough. " I did, get them all though, tore them limb from limb" he reassured her that the camp was avenged. Aifa looked at him with a slight smile.

Eric's mutation was that of crazy strength, his body was very bulky and heavy with muscle. Just one of his hands could wrap around her and crush her. He was like the Hyde side of doctor Jackyle, just with out the insanity. He was a very competent doctor, he even helped her a couple of times, stitching and bandaging her wounds. "Alright Eric, come on lets find you a new place huh" she said with a wobbly voice. she patted his chest and walked out the building to see a man in a rather new looking black suit and two scientists behind him.

"experiment five nine zero one, we've finally found you"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:44 pm 

Rachel often does this. Lay awake, thinking about that day. What happened, dwelling on her past and wishing it was still here. She spent her days moping in her make-do bed she found in what used to be a school room. There was never a day that went by that she didn't think about everything. But today she decided she needed a change.

She had long ago accepted her abilities, but would not use them. She never believed it was right. The only time she ever used a flame was to ward of mutants or other people that threatened her. But today was different, she was going to start training. Learning what her change was all about. She rolled out of bed then realized, she had no clue what she was doing.

"I don't even know where to start!" Rachel started pacing in frustration. "I don't even know what the hell i am capable of! There is no way I can control it!" She was getting furious, she felt even angrier than she should have been. Her face felt really hot, then her fingers started to burn. She looked down, a steady flame ignited on her index finger. Thats nothing new, it happens all the time when she gets frustrated. But this was different.

Rachel, instead of dousing it, concentrated on the flame. "Shoot!...Go!...Spidey web activate!" Nothing. She just sat there, staring deep into the flame. It grew. "Woah!" She stared at it again. The flame seemed to grow bigger and bigger. Eventually she was holding a ball in her hand. With major concentration she separated the ball of fire from her hand and while still concentrating, threw it at a chalkboard. She closed her eyes as she did it so all she saw was a black char mark in the center of the board.

"HOLY ****!" Rachel was amazed at what she had just done, and of course she went and did it again and again. "I think i am getting the hang of this whole fire thing!"

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:42 am 

The walk back to the warehouse was cut short as Connor stopped halfway to the door. His eyes and fingertips sparked briefly as a smile formed across his lips. Mutant's usually had a certain scent about them that Conduits could sometimes pick up, this was most definitely one of those times.

"You know you guys are only good at sneaking up on helpless citizens, right?" Connor surveyed the area, but no one was there.

"Either come out now, or I force you out...you're choice." Seconds later two well dressed men in black suits and ties emerged from behind a couple heaps of scrap metal.

"That's what I thought. So how you wanna do this?" His hands began lighting up furriously but one of the suits stepped up with his hand outstretched.

"Connor wait. We're hear on the councils' order. We were sent out to find Conduits for a job oportunity" Connor raised an eyebrow but didn't dim his hands. The Council hiring mutants to "round up" recruits for some foolhardy quest that is more likely just for their own benefits. But for some reason Connor felt inclined to go with them; whether it was out of curriosity or out of boredom was irrelavent.

"So because the Council can't get off their lazy asses to do whatever it is they want done themselves, they recruit you ****ing losers to TRY and bring me in? That about right?" Connor's tone was hostile but he already decided he would see what it is the council would want with a bunch of Conduits. The two suits glanced at each other then nodded back at Connor, who managed to relax his hands and let the sparks fade out.

"Let's go then. You're leading the way though." Connor pointed and the suited mutants began walking ahead of him.

Eventually Connor and the suits boarded a crude elevator and began the ascension up to the Council's chambers. Uppon reaching the floor the mutants motioned for Connor to exit the elevator and stand out in the middle of the room. As Connor stepped off the doors shut behind him and the elevator descended with the two mutants, leaving Connor alone in the large but dimmly lit room. His thoughts wandered as he paced around, thinking about how many other Conduits they were recruiting and what they were capable of. More importantly, what was it that Council would need a group this powerful for. Connor shrugged it off and continued waiting for whoever else might show up.

Use all the pain that you’ve felt in your life as the currency go out and trade it for blood

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:40 am 

Blog: View Blog (22)

"Leahanna...?"

She refused to open her eyes.

"Leahanna! Please!"

She was having a bad dream. She knew it. But she wasn't ready to face the outside world. She hated the reality of it. At night she closed her eyes and wished with all her might that she would never wake up. Often this attitude of her's made her careless. She took a deep breath and sighed loudly, heavily and opened her eyes. Staring up at the broken, withered ceiling of some random building she had found three years ago. She hated this. This life. This situation. Her abnormality. Never before in her life did she have to be around water if she didn't want to be and more often then not, she didn't want to be. She was the type of girl who preferred sitting on the beach watching the waves, rather then playing in them.

She hated water. She hated that she didn't know how to swim, that she didn't want to learn how to swim or that she nearly, sort of, almost drowned during the solar flare. She hated that when she woke up laying on the beach, soaked.. she hadn't died. She hated it all.

She sat up slowly. Closing her eyes again to the world around her as she leaned her back against a very thin wall. So thin that it attempted to buckle at her very small frame laying against it. For awhile she stayed like that. Not moving. Until of course she heard the voices outside. Her stomach growled. She cursed under her breath, opened her aqua blue eyes and stood up. She dressed in her clothes, stained blue and grabbed a brush. One of the things she had managed to find that remotely reminded her of her simple life before dooms day.

She worked it through her long, knee length hair, the waves of blue cascading down her back like the waves on the ocean. When she was satisfied that most of the knots where gone, she grabbed two rather long pieces of blue ribbon. Another oddity these days and pulled her hair up into very tall, pig tails, sweeping a couple fingers through her bangs and stepped into her blue boots. She really hated the color blue. With another deep sigh, she turned towards the door.

The voices outside grew louder and louder as she reached the crappy wooden door, barely hanging on its hinges. The two were arguing. She pursed her lips and stepped outside.

"What?" She narrowed those pristine blue hues and snapped. The two men in brilliantly tailored suits stopped what they were doing and faced her, eyes wide as she grumbled.

"We.. we are here to.." The first man started to say but then trailed off as the other male lifted his hand in silence and stepped forward, his other hand extended.

"We were debating between ourselves Miss. On whether or not you were actually inside and if you were awake." He stopped, hesitated, dropped his hand and then continued. "We've, been told to proceed with caution, while we told you why we were here."

Leahanna rolled her eyes and stomped one of her feet into the rubble and dust on the ground. "Out with it already. I don't have all day." Her eyes still narrowed as they glanced from man to man.

"The.. council wishes to speak with you. Theres a job opening. I hear it pays really well..." the second man trailed off this time and the first man stepped a little bit closer.

"We were told to have you come with us. Though we aren't exactly sure how to go about that..So we will simply ask, please?" he swallowed hard.

Leah wasn't exactly sure what to think, and her stomach growled again. Perhaps a bit to loud as the two men both turned and looked at each other. She hadn't eaten in days and cursed inwardly at her humane gut begging for food.

"Will there be food?" Her voice had softened just a tad, though still held that irritated edge.

"Ye..yes Ma'am. There will be plenty of food. Will you just come with us?" The first man nodded and the second one, turned his back. They had been given the run down on Leahanna no doubt. If she willed it, she could drain the water content completely from any living organism. She had known at some point this day was going to come. After all-She hadn't been bothered in nearly three years. News of what she was capable obviously hit the higher notes on the scale, when four out of the five men who tried to gang rape her, had been drained to the equivalent of thousand year old mummies, their blood dust in their almost nonexistent veins. She hadn't been seen for weeks after, having to recuperate from the extreme use of her power. Little by litter over the years it got easier though. She learned to pace herself when she had too.

"Fine, but if there isn't any food to eat when I get there, you.." She pointed at the first, obviously more frightened man, " personally, will be sorry." She slipped between the two, her partially gloved hands shoving them aside as she headed towards Haven's capital building.

(Sorry the intro is late, for some reason I couldn't find the IC in the thread listing. But here it is lol. I'll just play it off as my computer is getting over a rather rough virus. *cough* =D )

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:48 pm 

Blog: View Blog (1)

"Hey, we should take a day off! This traveling is getting a bit stressful for my legs, you know?" Ken laughed at his own joke and motioned to a figure in a the distance; it wasn't a city, but almost looked like one. It contained what looked like buildings from a distance, but as he and Diamond neared it, the buildings were actually just slender frames of metal.

She ignored his joke: "A theme park? How creepy. I bet the rides look haunted with no one on them." Over the past few weeks, Diamond had grown used to her cripple friend's crude attempts at humor. Sometimes she laughed, but other times what Ken said made her concerned about his mental health. "I haven't been to one in ages, but I used to love the roller coasters. I guess all of that stuff is over now." Ken didn't respond to that.

The sun was still high in the sky, and the air was still warm. With Diamond pushing Ken's wheelchair from behind with its two handles, and him rolling the wheels, they were making about six miles a day. Even more if the weather was nice and there were no apparent problems. Her brown eyes gazed at the steel ghosts of the amusement park, tall and menacing as they were. "So, should we steer clear? It looks like it's a few miles away, but it's right off of the highway."

"Your choice, but I vote no," Ken replied calmly. "As far as I see, we have the road we're on, and that's it. If we start avoiding things like abandoned theme parks, what else will we try to avoid? And how much hard will our traveling become?"

Diamond's brow furled. "But what if it's like that village we passed before?" she began. "It seemed like it was abandoned, but we almost got ambushed when we passed through. I wouldn't doubt that there are a few bad groups in there fully enjoying what cotton candy and hot dogs were left when the solar flare hit."

"I didn't say we had to go inside. But let's at least stay on the road. Both of us will have to work harder to move this thing in the sand." Not only did he convince his friend, Ken finished the job with himself too.

Nothing happened for the rest of the day outside of Ken shooting a wandering coyote, and the duo did eventually end up passing by the front gate guarding the parking lot of the ghost park. The sign that used to hang from the white arch of the entrance was now crashed into many glass pieces on the asphalt; the only remaining solid portion read Escape in red and blue and green light bulbs. Empty cars sat like neglected animals in between painted yellow lines in front of the gate. Kenny spent a good few hours imagining what the full name of the place was, thinking that if he did, that one word would seem a little less solemn to him. After racking his memory for past commercials and advertisements he might have seen, nothing came. He felt lucky that by the time night arrived, the towering metal frames of the roller coasters were gone from the horizon behind them.

Just before the sun went down completely, Diamond went to gather resources while Ken set up camp just off of the highway. A few tumbleweeds were enough to make a good fire, and by the time they were found, Ken had the coyote meat ready to cook. In addition to a first aid kit, flint, steel and a few other necessities, he also had a few blankets in the bottom compartment of his wheelchair, (most of which were previously held in Diamonds backpack, but the metal basket in the chair proved to be more practical.) While one slept, the other kept watch with Ken's pistol.

Nearly flinching when her hand neared his chest, Ken reluctantly allowed Diamond to take his gun from its holster. Softly, she said "I'll wake you up when it's time to switch, O.K.?"

"Sounds fine to me, sugar." The still young man crossed his hands behind his head to make a pillow; he was sleep nearly seconds after he lay his head back and closed his eyes. Diamond giggled a little at his childishness, and began to scan the dark horizon as if she were a lifeguard again and it was a pool full of children. Her companion dreamed of a day at a theme park.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:51 pm 

"How much longer must my men waste their time snatching up these useless...nobodies?!" a deep raspy voice shouted in the darkness before The Council. The figure stepped forward aggressively into the single dim light that shone in the middle of the large council room, cloaked by his large leather hood. The Council themselves sat at a long table facing the figure, each of their faces barely lit by the small candles that sat in front of them.

"Not too much longer Wraith so calm yourself before the Sentries calm you" a weak but wise voice spoke out. Seconds later a group of armed soldiers surrounded Wraith, guns at the ready but Wraith stood firm.

"We are gathering powerful Conduits to go after you and your Hellbound in the wastelands. Once they find you, you can then handle them as you please but be sure to bring them back to our scientists alive as we need to extract their purest genes. After that, half of Haven will be yours" a second wise voice spoke. Wraith huffed as he turned towards the large double doors in the back of the room, stopping just shy of opening them to look back at the Council.

"It better be, otherwise I will take all of Haven, by force..." With that the large doors flew open and Wraith walked eagerly out of the room. As he entered the next large but dimly lit room he noticed a man pacing around aimlessly and seemingly bored. But something about him was just off and didn't sit well with Wraith. As he got closer he knew exactly what the feeling was, this man was a Conduit. Suddenly their eyes met and an instant mutual animosity filled the air. Both men stopped and stared at each other, Wraith looked on and noticed the slight glow of the other man's eyes, the rare glow of a Lightning Conduit...

Connor paced around sighing loudly as he continued waiting for either the council or more of these Conduits that were supposed to show up. Suddenly towards the back, two large doors flung open and a hooded man walked furiously out from them. Paying no attention Connor continued his meaningless pacing but then suddenly a feeling struck deep at his core. Something familiar, yet foreign at the same time and instantly he knew it was from this man. Was he a Conduit? Was he a mutant? Connor couldn't tell but the second he felt their eyes meet, all Connor could feel was instant hatred. His eyes sparked slightly as they began to emit their unique glow. He focused his gaze trying to see past the shadows of the man's hood but Connor was unsuccessful. After a few more seconds Connor broke the silence.

"Like what you see? Why don't you keep stomping the hell out of here and out of my sight?"

In a flash of shadow the other man moved instantly to Connor's position and raised him up by his throat. His grip was firm and painful and Connor was instantly caught off guard, attempting to catch a breath. He glanced down at the man's other hand and saw a dark energy forming, warping the air around it. Connor knew he had to focus quick. So he gripped the man's wrist to hold himself steady and began coughing as he got some air.

"Neat trick...*cough*...I've got one too!" Instantly Connor formed a small electrical orb in his hand and raised it in preparation to slam it down onto his attacker.

"Let's get a look at the pretty smile..." with a heavy swing, Connor slammed his orb into his attackers' face, setting off a minor explosion that sent the two flying away from each other, both hitting the ground hard. But it wasn't long before both men were back on their feet, staring each other down again. Just as the two began their sprint towards each other for round two, a mass of Sentries came pouring out of the Council Chambers and held their guns cocked and raised. Connor and the mysterious attacker stopped their charge instantly.

"The others are on their way up so the Council will see you now. Stand down and come with us." the Sentry Captain ordered. The Sentries were probably the only human's that no one wanted to mess with on purpose, as they were the only ones known to have body armor and the best fully automatic rifles. Connor glanced back at the mysterious man and let out a small aggravated sigh.

"Next time, I blow your ****ing head off." Connor declared pointing his finger angrily before walking towards the Sentries.

"I look forward to it..." the deep and raspy voice of the hooded man finally spoke, stopping Connor in mid stride momentarily, but he then continued on his way into the Council Chambers.

Wraith looked on as his opponent walked away with the Sentries, useless humans who thought they were tough because of their body armor and powerful guns. Wraith knew that he alone could have taken the lot of them, hell even that lightning Conduit could too. That man was indeed powerful and could prove troublesome when the time comes to take him alive. The fact that the Council was "recruiting" others similar to that one almost bothered Wraith but he still felt confident in his powers to be able to take them on. It was all just a matter of time...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:08 am 

Blog: View Blog (22)

It didn't take long before the path before her lead her to the Council's grand building. And even shorter of a time before two large, rough looking mutant thugs came slinking up behind the three of them.

"Look Leroy, that pretty lady must be a whore or som'tin. Look at 'em follow'in her round. I sure would like to test yer wares.." The smaller, obviously more talented one of the two spoke while the larger of the men rolled out a guttural howl of laughter then licked his lips. This caused Leah to stop in her tracks. Here she was, about to die of starvation and so close to her goal and these two imbeciles were interrupting her.

It wasn't that she thought the two human men behind her couldn't handle the situation, it was that she really didn't care either way. She turned on her heel, narrowed her gaze in the direction of the two bafoons and smirked.

"Hello boys." She lifted her chin, bringing her hands up from her side to cup either breast, then languidly slid down either side of her ribs to her waist and then to her hips. The two men who were originally behind her, now stood staring in almost disbelief as she teased and toyed. They could of easily dispatched the moronic mutants with the guns beneath their jackets, but found it more interesting to see what this small, frail looking woman was good at. Stepping aside and back behind her, they watched.

The mutant men, had stopped. Tilting their heads to the side, their eyes mimicking each other as they followed her hands slowly down the curve of her body. Once to her hips, the threw her power at them, jutting her arms directly forward, fingers extended and slightly curved. Her eyes began to glow like twin pristine diamonds. Light playing from the corners as the liquid content of their bodies was touched by unseen forces.

The mutants seized in place, still alive, but very confused. There was a reason why she wore so much blue. When she used her power, the essence of water spilled over her, darkening her clothes with moisture. She smirked, cocking her lips in a sure place, a soft gleam of white squinted in the morning light as teeth bared in her half snarl.

The larger of the mutants, whimpered and slid down to his knees, jutting his thick, three fingered hands towards his throat as all oxygen was stopped from reaching his brain. As she had the control over water, all water, the air that flowed so delicately from heart to lungs to brain, was abruptly halted.

"Come now boy's. Do you not like the taste of me?" She grinned wickedly now as the other, smaller one blinked his triple eyes, a single tear slipping fast down his grimy face.

"Not so fast!" She growled as the water threatened to escape from her torture and with a single twitch of her left thumb the tear jerked upwards, forcing its way back into the nasty beings body.

"You are killing them!" One of the guards behind her choked and she whirled her gaze over her shoulder, spitting in his direction.

"You going to stop me?" She mused. She rather enjoyed the thought and then gave a low chuckle as he shook his head and backed away.

She clenched her fingers into her fists, water draining slowly now from both men's pores, leaking everywhere, dripping fat drops into the rubble below their feet. She narrowed her eyes in a sick satisfaction and with a quick motion she ripped her hands from the air back to her sides.

Delicate liquid burst forth from both of them as they landed, lifelessly on the ground at her feet. Her concentration now on the water floating gracefully before her. If anyone else was around that was planning on showing themselves, they would think better of it now. She released the power. The dead bodies at her feet showered in a gentle mist.

Turning back to the excellently tailored men, she rolled her eyes at their terror and stepped through them once more heading back towards the building not even one hundred feet away.

"I swear, there better be food here or I'll have to get nasty." She lowered her eyes to half mast as they settled back on soft sapphire.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:49 am 

Blog: View Blog (4)

Aifa, tensed up as she looked at the men. She knew what they wanted, They wanted to do more tests on her, turn her into a slave to rebuild civilisation. But she was wrong. The man in the black suit came forward little and took off his glasses "We, are going to help you in your search Aifa, but on one condition" he stared her in the eye. She could see he didn't like what he was saying, Aifa was a freak and in his minnd she should be controlled by force. Aifa tilted her head still weary of the man not sure what it was he wanted, but the thought of them helping them find her loved one, was good to miss out on. they could easily find her with their resources. "I'm listening" she replied still tensed, ready to unleash her iron upon him.

The man smiled at her adput his glases back on "Aifa, the council are making a group of conduits, much like yourself. The tests we performed on you, were very helpful Aifa. Those conduits could help us get our planet back" he said to her slowly as he walked closer to her. "Aifa we want you, to help us at the lab. We want you be our mole. you tell us their weaknesses, you tell us how we can capture them, and we will take you to her" he pointed to her locket.

Aifa quickly covered it with her hand then looked down at it, Then back at the man " and you would leave us alone?" she asked still azing at her locket. Eric was watching the two in the white coats with caution. Something about them was off, but he couldn't put his finger on it. "Aif, don't trust them, you know what they are capable of" he whispered to her. She sighed as turned to him " Eric, I have to" she said quietly. SHe walked up to the man in the black suit "when do I start?" she asked him reluctantly

The man smiled and motioned for her to walk with him "of course your 'friend' there can go with you if you wish" he pointed to the tower " they are meeting there, he handed Aifa a note then continued "give that to the receptionist, she will guide to the meetting, however .... you will not be an official part of the group your simply going be listed as support. Which means you can't show them your powers. You have to let them and maybe your p-'friend' do the fighting" she said to her.

Aifa carried on but the men stayed behind and wtched her walk to towards the tower. "Aifa I don't like this you shouldn't help them" Eric protested to her as he walked behind her. She sighed again and turned to Eric "You know i've been looking ever since that damn flare hit and not found any trace, they are the only way to do this, i have to" she she carried on walking and she added one last thing "Eric if you don't want to don't follow me" Eric watched as she walked off and shouted to her with a slight and sped up to match her pace.

"If i didn't go with you, You'd get in trouble!"