All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:07 pm 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Morys rolled his eyes and casually unsheathed both his swords at the Fox's menacing words. "You are outnumbered, little Vixen," he said casually, as if the idea of fighting her bored him.

As the other female Anithrope calmed the Fox, Morys listened to Sen speak, and nodded. "Very well, you can be responsible for the kid. These are dangerous times, and with my... battered mind, I don't think I would be able to defend him at all times. However, I don't think splitting up would be in our best interests. We have strength in numbers."

Farish spoke then, saying that his little friend new of a hiding place. Morys wondered if somehthing that was 'big enough' by Chizu's standards would actually be able to accommodate all seven of them. Deciding to go along with it, the Almerkian said, "We can stay there for the night and take turns keeping guard in pairs so's we can all get sleep and feel safe. Details can be figured out..."

Drachon's voice traveled down to the others from the treetops, and he added something in the lilting language of the Elves before darting off.

"Well that was weird," Morys thought aloud. Shaking his head, he turned to the young one. "Lead the way."

~~~~~

Krastyo paced his chambers. The more late his search party got, the more agitated he became. He could feel Laraine's eyes on him, almost apprehensively, as she should be! The demon lord's entire body was tense with his anger. Too much longer and he would need some sort of outlet. This thought had his gaze lingering on his wife, but unfortunately, he still needed her. Antyr granted her some amazing capabilities at times. Any other scryer can only see what he or she has physically seen, but thanks to Antyr's gift, there are times Laraine can see things she has never before seen. For example, he showed her the exact clearing in the Elven territory where the first object was found, even though Laraine had never been there.

All these thoughts aside, Krastyo decided it was best if he left her alone before he did end up hurting her or the walls of his bedroom. Krastyo walked out of his castle, heading to the sparring grounds at the center of the city.

https://www.twitch.tv/magicklegacy

Clicks please? ImageImageImageImageImage Thank you!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:32 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

The vixen didn't care if she was outnumbered. But... She sheathed her sword anyway, looking them all over again. They almost looked haggard, tired. Like they really had been fighting in a large battle. She twitched her nose. Perhaps she could maybe do the right thing here...

"Go to tree." She spoke again, loosening her bow, and selecting a tree, her tail keeping expressly low to wipe away any tracks she might leave. "But go single file. Step in other's feet. I will watch. If I no see demons, I will find, and I will take back to city." She looked at the one she assumed was their leader, the one who pointed out she was outnumbered.

Then she started to climb the tree, using her claws to her advantage. "If I see demons, I will delay them. Give false trail. Then catch up when can." And with that, she was scurrying up the tree, almost like a squirrel. Once there, she pulled her hood back, and held an arrow in her right hand, an ear cocked behind to catch what remains of the conversation, and one cocked ahead to listen for sounds of disturbance and followers.

Hopefully, they'd listen. She knew demons, they wouldn't be the problem in the long run. It would be the fleeing. And if it weren't demons? Well... She would take them all back to the city one by one if she had to.

We will walk in bitter rain | We will meet again | Calling me there

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~| I will go there |~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~| And back again | ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:25 am 

In College

Medals: 10
Completed RP (5) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (5)

Drachon left them. Farish was sad to see such a newly-made friend go so suddenly, but he must have had his reasons. Bigger things, hmm...? the boy thought. That reminds me! Those demons... they were organized, but their leader didn't seem strong enough to keep them in check so easily... and there were so many of them... I wonder if, maybe, they were all subordinate to a much stronger demon. But if one that powerful wanted this mysterious object so badly, why not come get it himself when it was clear his minions were failing? Could he have been...?

The boy let his train of thought trail off as the fox Anithrope gave them some last-minute advice. He looked at the others that would be following him and noted the size difference. No way would their footprints look natural with his stride length. Well, it wasn't like they were in as much of a rush anymore... he could be cautious.

Chizu crawled to the top of his head and began giving directions, so the boy lead the others toward their hopeful hidey-hole. He was fairly light weight, and stepped carefully, so he didn't really leave any footprints for the others to try and step in.

"Hey, Chizu," Farish whispered in Elvish, hoping to keep his hunch between the two of them for now. "Could you tell? That group of demons... had they come by ship?"

"Yeah," she responded, in her own version of Elvish, a sound almost like cooing it was so smooth. "They smelled of sea water. They had to have been sailing a long time for the rain not to have washed the smell away, like everyone else. Why?"

"Methodin is a port town," he replied quietly. "It makes sense for demons to arrive by sea, since they live on their own island. I just... don't know if we want to go back there after this. Their "boss"... I don't think he was the BIG boss, so we might be seeing reinforcements. And if the first ones came from the sea, the others might too. I think we should work our way farther inland, or at least away from easy access points like Methodin."

The Wind Sprite responded with a very serious-sounding purr, then continued with her directions until a fairly large tree came into view. The forest had gotten thicker as they went on, so it wasn't that out of place, but it was still slightly bigger than the others. Chizu took flight and soared to the left base of the tree, then down into a medium-sized bush and was gone. Figuring that must be the way in, Farish followed her, parting the leaves of the bush to reveal a hole.

"Wait a moment, please," he said to the others. "I'll test it." He was gone before they (mostly Morys, he expected) could protest. He was the smallest among them, so it made sense for him to test the size of the hollow. Also, he knew a light spell.

Adjusting himself so he would descend into the hole feet first, Farish found that the root structure was almost like a ladder leading into the hollow; though the roots made it impossible to have dug straight down, so the tunnel twisted and changed sizes here and there. He followed it down, and when it felt like he'd met solid ground, quickly cast his little light spell. A glowing orb formed in his hands, then rose up, hovering at the top of the cavern and bathing it all in a soft glow.

Looking around, this hollow was big enough to fit all of them for sure. They probably could have had decent elbow room even if Drachon and that fox had come with. The ceiling was almost twice as high as he was, also, and there were piles of leaves on the ground that must have served as beds. It was impressive, compared to what he'd been expecting. Chizu seemed to realize this, as she was sitting in the middle of the hollow with a somewhat smug smile on her face.

Farish made his way back up the root semi-ladder to give the others the go-ahead. "It's most certainly big enough," he smiled. "The tunnel gets narrower at some points, but I think we'll all fit." And so he made his way down again, waiting eagerly for the others so they could tend to any final business before he could get some sleep.

Your result for The Fantasy RPG Class Test...

The Witch Hunter
15% Strength, 67% Bloodlust, 10% Intelligence, 37% Spirit, 22% Vitality and 13% Agility!

Savage and deadly, the Witch Hunters use their powerful dark magic to defeat their opponents. Masters of killing and torture, the Witch Hunters will seek out other powerful magic users to slay so that they can capture their souls and summon them in battle. These dark undead magicians will blindly serve them and obey their every command! Witch Hunters have also mastered both light and dark magic, which they can use to confuse and mentally torture their foes. Witch Hunters that have strayed to the side of light may be less proficient with their dark magic; however, they can use their mastery over light to heal and create powerful illusions. In fact, these warriors can use their light in ways that no other spellcaster class can. By combining their light with dark magic, they can trap their foes in worlds of illusion where they can torment and torture their foes. Oftentimes, a few moments within the illusion can seem like an eternity, and once an opponent manages to escape from the illusion they are broken and empty shells of their former selves. Controlling enemies and forcing them to do their bidding is no trouble for Witch Hunters.

Congratulations on reaching this high class!

You have not mastered any Hidden Power granted by the Genie.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:13 am 

Amei followed behind the elf as she led the group deeper into the forest, back the way that she had come before meeting them. It pleased her to see that her fellow Anithrope was wise enough to at least give this rag tag group a chance instead of passing judgement immediately. As they ventured back down the path that she herself had walked along before meeting them she unstrung her bow from across her chest and held it in her left hand. Through all her years of being a mercenary and traveling she knew that it was always better to be prepared for any possibility than to be caught unaware.

As they walked she turned her gaze to peer at those who made up the party. It certainly was rag tag but she believed that appearances were deceiving here. Already she could tell that even the child had his uses, especially when he so quickly volunteered himself to go down into the hollow beneath the tree, following the wind sprite.

As they waited above for the boy to return and tell them it was alright she moved over to stand by the man who seemed to have been the leader. "Why is it that demons seem to have taken interest in your group specifically? If they were just attacking the town it would not make sense for them to chase one group of civilians. That is of course unless the group had something that the demons wanted." One of her ears folded down against her head as she ventured this question to Morys.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:10 pm 

The Happy RP salesman

Location: This is not the location you are looking for. Move along!
Medals: 6
GM of the Month (1) Completed RP (1)
Dedicated Partner (1) 1st Year (1)

As Darakus made his way down the hollow recesses of the tree and, looking over at the piles of leaves he walked over to one and took a moment to sniff at the base of the makeshift beds. After about a minute he rather blatantly exclaimed "You know this was, or still is, a goblin hideout, right? I can smell them, and by the scent, I'd say they left here..." he sniffed the air, "...three days tops." he looked at the group as if he was sizing up their strengths and weaknesses, then appeared to reach a decision.

"We should have a lookout. the last thing we need is a band of thieving goblins revealing our hiding spot to a hoard of demon warriors." he looked over everyone again, then yawned and lazily getting into a pile of leaves and curling up, said "Whoever wants to go first, Wake me up in two hours and I'll take second shift. After all..." He yawned again, "I have to recharge in order to cast my spells, so I would be of no help to....zzzzz...zzzzz...zzzzz"

Jerakea slipped out of the tree while the others were distracted with his snoring and reverted to his true form. After all, it had been two days and he couldn't afford to wait on a time to come up where he would get another chance to cancel out the three day limit on his shape shifting powers. After resting for the required ten minutes, he decided to shift into a wolf anithrope, which happened to be the form his son knew about. Completely forgetting that his son wasn't alone, he jumped down into the hollow log.

With all eyes now on him, all he could think was "Big Mistake!!!"

Shoulder Demon: (Looking at controls of train) "Let's see how many times we can wreck this thing before we're all dead."

Shoulder Angel: "Are you crazy?!?!?! you'll get us all killed!!!!!!"

Shoulder Demon: "That's the idea, Moron!"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:00 pm 

Drachon was high in the trees, squating down on one of the branches, looking through the forest, his ears trying to pick up the footsteps of the demons. Aside from the sounds of the rain colliding with both the trees and ground, he was unable to hear anything else. Still though, his sense of foreboding refused to fade away, and in fact grew stronger. Drachon could not tell why though, and was beginning to think that mayb he had misinterpreted the will of Elstii. He shook his head, dismissing that thought, he had heard the voice of the goddess clear as day, though he still could not see the reason why the goddess wished for him to wait in the forest.

As he was pondering these thoughts, he saw the fox anithrope leaping from tree to tree below him. He had chosen one of the highest branches on one of the taller tree, making sure it was concealed in the shadows, and set up post. Drachon was wondering what the anithrope was doing, mayhap she decided to forgo the hiding spot the others had chose. He was just about to reveal himself to the anithrope he heard a high pitched howl that made his blood run cold. This how sounded eerily similar to the joyless laugh that often ventured from the mouth of the completely insane.

Drachon remembered a story he was told when he was little more than a child. It was about beasts who roamed the night, and filled it with their howls of madness. Beasts that constantly hunted for their prey, relentless in their assault. He remembered being told that these beasts were nothing more but a myth, having once existed, but existing no more. Though he was not positive that these were the creatures of lore he had once feared as a child, his intuition told him that they were. If indeed his intuition was correct, no hiding spot would be able to hide them from these creatures.

Drachon needed to alert the others of the danger that they were in, but did not trust his speed would take him to them in time. The elf decided that he was going to need the assistance of the wood and its creatures. Drachon cupped his hands in front of his mouth and let loose a high pitched whistle that echoed through the forest. There was a stirring in the leaves of the tree to the right of him and a blue and white song bird flew over to him, landing on the ridge of his hand. Drachon whispered to the bird, the language he spoke was ancient, known of by some, spoken by few. The words were hushed, yet as deep and rich as the earth itself " child of the sky, I need your aid, you must find the young halfling with the child of the wind, and tell them they must make haste, for great danger is coming " The bird chirped in reply, telling him that it would do as he asked, and flew off into woods, set out to complete his task.

This done, Drachon leapt down from his hiding spot and landed nimbly next to the anithrope, startling her. Drachon help up his hands to show he meant no harm and spoke quickly "Please, you may know of the danger or you may not, but i need your assistance gto help my allies." He pleaded with the anithrope with his green eyes, trying to make her understand the urgency that he felt "This is something that not only threatens the lives of my friends, but the lives of all things good in this world."Again the the sickening howl of insanity was heard, closer this time. Drachon could almost see the creatures dashing through the woods, hunting for the group, hunting for the artifact.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:19 pm 

Morys was pleased that the Fox Anithrope came to her senses and even offered to help. Her advice made Morys feel foolish as he tried to do as the others and step inside the footprints of those in front of him. Now that they had slowed down, the trail was not nearly as clear and easy to follow.

When they reached the tree, Morys opened his mouth to offer to go first, but the boy's words stopped his own and he watched, somewhat annoyed, as the kid took an unnecessary risk by diving into the hole first. While the boy was gone, the giant red raccoon creature addressed him, to which he replied, "I will show you what it is that I believe they are after, once we are safely in our... hide out."

As Farish climbed out of the hole with dirt clinging to his clothes to report to the group that it was safe, Morys' previous annoyance quickly abated. He would have looked a fool if he had insisted on going first just to get stuck part way down. "Very well then, thank you."

The Wolf Anithrope spoke next, speaking of having guards posted, which Morys had to agree with. However, he seemed to fall asleep in mid-sentence, which wasn't something Morys wanted to see when he would be trusting him to take a late night shift.

"It's a good thing the entrance is concealed," Morys said aloud, more to himself than anyone around him. "We should gather wood for a fire," he offered, "and maybe search for whatever game we can find. Should we split-?" Morys stopped mid-sentence, when he noticed the first life in the forest he seen since entering it, a small blue and white bird that seemed intent on talking with the wind sprite as it landed on the creature's head. Its feathers were ruffled as if it had encountered a predator and chirped in such a way that it seemed as though it were talking!

Morys drew his sword when he noticed a wolf Anithrope that seemed to appear out of no where. He glanced up at where the other Wolf Anithrope was sleeping as if making sure he wasn't crazy. With the visual reassurance, Morys quickly drew his second sword and advanced on the Anithrope. "Who the hell are you?!" He asked in the most threatening voice he could muster.

~~~~~

Within the ship's hold was a cage constructed of no metal, nor wood, but magic. Inside the cage were creatures that could scare even Demons, as they fed the creatures their own Demon kin. The glowing red eyes of the closest Night Mare sent a shiver down the captain's spine, but he quickly played it off as if he had meant to move and cracked his neck audibly.

One of the wraiths sneered, showing unnaturally pointed teeth that gleamed within it's smoky flesh, if it could even be called that. "I'll be in my quarters while you release them," the captain said, breaking the eery silence. He turned on his heel and was gone, leaving the spellcaster standing stunned as he stared at the Night Mares and their chosen Riders. Swallowing his fear, he realized that there were probably worse ways to die, and he began chanting the counter curse.

Upon their release, one of the Riders shrieked as he rode out of the hold on his spooky horse's back, cutting down the Demon who had released him as he passed. The three other Riders behind him with their flaming hooved steeds alike, devoured the spellcaster's flesh. The leader watched, waiting for his comrades and hungry for something more.

When the others were finished, the leader's Night Mare reared before taking the lead off of the ship and across the ocean waters. The four riders could sense what it was they were meant to find and the lead Rider let out another shriek, excited for the hunt. It had been too long since they had last been freed, and he was going to enjoy his freedom!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:36 pm 

In College

As the others made their way into the hollow one by one, Farish made himself comfortable on one of the leaf beds. "Goblins, huh?" he said drowsily. "That explains the size of this place. It wouldn't be so big if it were just used by woodland creatures. Oh well, as long as they don't draw something else toward us, goblins are no big deal." He yawned in the middle of his statement, fighting the fatigue that was slowly overcoming him. The boy just let the others talk for a bit, listening quietly.

"No fire," the boy quickly argued, feeling energized again for just a moment. "Its been raining for a while now and wet wood smokes too much. If that bush is thick enough to keep it in, we'll suffocate; if not, we're just begging demons and goblins alike to find us."

Oddly enough, the first trace of wildlife the boy had yet seen swooped into their hidey-hole and landed on Chizu's head. Farish relaxed again, waiting to relay the message as soon as Chizu passed it on. Before he had a chance, a second wolf Anithrope appeared in their hollow, and Chizu suddenly had more to say.

A demon? Farish thought, surprised by what he heard Chizu saying. Am I interpreting her correctly? The same demon who was our waiter... A.. shape-shifter, then? That's the only possible explanation, if she's correct. Strange... considering he's a demon, I haven't felt much hostility from him. He's completely different from the others who attacked us. Is he some kind of spy, or is he separate from the others. If so, why is he following us...? Well... keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Either way...

"He was in the tavern with us," the boy said to Morys. "He probably followed us here. But we can deal with that later," he said, moving on quickly. For now, he would withhold the information that wasn't immediately relevant; at the moment, it would distract them more than help them. Still, he flashed the shape-shifter a quick look just to let it know he would be watching closely. "Chizu says an elf gave this bird a message for us: it was probably Drachon. Apparently, we should get moving; something really nasty is coming our way."

Farish held out his finger for the brave little fowl, and it perched on it. "Chizu, please thank this kind creature for us."

Chizu, nodded, and said in the rich nature speak, a deep cooing sound in her dialect: "Well met, brave sky child. Take care and return to safety now." The bird chirped sweetly and took off.

Farish smiled tiredly as the small bird flew off. "Also, Chizu, if you wouldn't mind waking Darakus?" The sprite made a cooing sound and scampered to the wolf demon, standing on his chest and using her sprite magic to recharge his stamina-- not enough to refill his mana reserves, but enough to take the edge off the fatigue. She drifted over to Farish to offer the same. "Not yet," he refused. Chizu had replenished the boy's energy countless times, and they'd sort of synced up. If she tried restoring his stamina she'd likely give in to habit and restore all of it at once. The following mana spike would alert every magically inclined being for miles to their presence. "Not until we're attacked or I pass out. In the mean time, though I hate to say it, we should leave our "safe spot" and try to put some distance between us and whatever's following us."

The Witch Hunter
15% Strength, 67% Bloodlust, 10% Intelligence, 37% Spirit, 22% Vitality and 13% Agility!

Savage and deadly, the Witch Hunters use their powerful dark magic to defeat their opponents. Masters of killing and torture, the Witch Hunters will seek out other powerful magic users to slay so that they can capture their souls and summon them in battle. These dark undead magicians will blindly serve them and obey their every command! Witch Hunters have also mastered both light and dark magic, which they can use to confuse and mentally torture their foes. Witch Hunters that have strayed to the side of light may be less proficient with their dark magic; however, they can use their mastery over light to heal and create powerful illusions. In fact, these warriors can use their light in ways that no other spellcaster class can. By combining their light with dark magic, they can trap their foes in worlds of illusion where they can torment and torture their foes. Oftentimes, a few moments within the illusion can seem like an eternity, and once an opponent manages to escape from the illusion they are broken and empty shells of their former selves. Controlling enemies and forcing them to do their bidding is no trouble for Witch Hunters.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:04 pm 

The elf causes the bough to dip, and at the sound of a rustling in the tree above her. Kyosera released the knocked arrow into his chest from point blank range before he had a chance to cleave her skull in two like he no doubt planned. Ears twitched and she scowled at him, drawing her sword in her right paw and holding it up towards the elf's throat. "Kyosera does not like surprise." She hissed, tail twitching.

There was a noise earlier, she had been trying to pinpoint it when he fell, and now she lost it. She spit in his general direction, glaring. She snarled at the arrow stuck in his mail, and snatched it back, replacing it in her quiver. "If the elf wishes to run, the elf can run. Kyosera will see this through."

She growled, loosening her sword in her scabbard, and narrowing her eyes. Her tail twitching hesitantly. She glanced past him, wary of the hunters. "Well?" An ear twitched, as she looks at the Elf. "What will the elf do?"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:17 am 

Amei nodded to the man in understanding before moving to the tunnel that would take her into the depths of the cave. It took her some work to squeeze through but that was mainly because of her armor more than anything else. When she finally reached the chamber she moved to the side of it, away from the leaf beds near the center. She wasn't keen to lay down in beds that she did not know what their previous inhabitants were. Especially after one of the party mentioned the fact that the den reminded them of a place that goblins would live in.

Sitting down on the soft, earthen floor Amei took her sword and bow off and laid them down beside her. "I will take a watch if need be. Otherwise, I would appreciate an answer to my question now that we are all down here. Also, my name is Amei Snowfur." She threw her name out to the group now in hopes that she might get some proper introductions.

At the appearance of yet another wolf Anithrope she quickly placed her hand on her sword. She was especially uneasy that Morys didn't know who it was and was acting so aggressively toward him. Of course, if it came down to a fight she would eagerly join in. She was no stranger to the heat of battle but the time before the storm always filled her dread.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:41 am 

3rd Year (1) Supporter (1)

The decision was made and Sen followed the group towards the hollow tree. He took in his surroundings while the boy investigated ahead of the rest, brave boy. The foliage was thick, and it was dark, just how Sen liked it. He could see far into the forest. His eyes shined as the surveyed the dark horizon and so far there was no threat to be had.

Sen was one of the last ones down the hole, it was dark but dimly lit. The boy's objection to fire was sound and Sen leaned up against the rooted wall, letting himself sink into the shadows within it and rested. The armored Anithrope dropped down and made her way past Sen, introducing herself to the group as Amei. The other human, Morys was interrupted by the sudden appearance of another Anithrope that dropped down and landed right next to Sen. It was obvious he wasn't familiar to the group and instantly Morys and Amei were at the ready and Sen drew his kukri blade out afrom the shadows his arm stretched and stopped the blade just shy of the intruder's throat.

The boy and his sprite made it clear this intruding demon was not their enemy, for now but something in the woods was. Sen reluctantly walked out from the shadows, blade still resting on the demon's neck. He glared briefly then sheathed his blade. "Lucky for you there's better things to kill right now." Sen glared one more time at the intruder and started to climb his way past him, stopping only to address the group once more, "I'll post up top. I'll be able to see anything coming for a good distance in the dark. Any one of the 'thropes with a good set of nostrils would be good to have up here with me. Either way hurry up." And with that Sen made his way up top, letting himself blend into a nearby shadow, practically invisible to the naked eye. Whatever was coming was dangerous, that much was clear.

This is for everything you’ve ever loved
Use all the pain that you’ve felt in your life as the currency go out and trade it for blood
You are not you. You are now us
We are the only ones that you can trust
You’ll become fear. They’ll become dust
Before this moment you didn't mean much
You are the smoldering vessel of punishment born to do nothing but justify us"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:42 pm 

Drachon's eyes flared open in shock and some anger as the anithrope put an arrow into his chest. Thankfully his elven armor had caught the arrow, and despite the direct shot, it did no harm. The elf felt every muscle in his body tensed as she had the audacity to raise a blade pointed towards his throat. Drachon took a deep breath to calm himself when the female snatched the arrow from his cuirass, the elf bit his tongue in order to keep his rage from speaking for him.

It took all the will the elf had in order to keep from blows with the anithrope, as she had the nerve to spit in his direction and speak to him in such a condescending matter "If the elf wishes to run, the elf can run. Kyosera will see this through" Drachon felt his hand, which had wandered to the hilt of his blade, tighten around the hilt in a white knuckle grip. What gave this creature the right to look down on him as if he was lesser than her. The tip of her blade was a few inches from his throat, in one movement the elf could have drawn his blade and met her, steel to steel. He was well trained in patience though, and soon the grip on his blade's hilt relaxed, though it never left.

Finally the fox anithrope sheathed her blade, and Drachon's hand left his hilt as she spoke in the same condescending matter as before "Well?What will the elf do?" Drachon took one more deep breath to steady himself, though the anger could still be sensed in his tone "You should count yourself lucky on two accounts, one be that I am patient for my kind, as any other self respecting elf would have came to blows with you by now." It could be seen in the elf's eyes that he was struggling to control the angry in his voice, yet his tone remained steady "Two that I cannot afford to fight with one I would hope to be an ally, no matter how lowly they may be." Some of the aloofness famous in elves could be sensed in this last phrase, and Drachon could not help but relish the chance to give the anithrope some of the condescension that she so readily gave.

Some of his anger finally sated, Drachon calmed down "Fight them if you will, and so I would have you do, but you may wish to engage them deeper in the forest." The elf pointed towards the darkness of the forest "The trees grow wider and farther apart, which would separate them if they travel in a group, which they no doubt will, and it will be easier to handle them one at a time, if they are what I fear they are." Drachon leveled his eyes with the anithrope and locked gazes with her, his own cold and steely "So what say you, will you fight alone, or fight as my ally?" All of the anger had left Drachon, and was now replaced by a cold certainty, there was going to be a fight one way or the other, and he knew it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:17 pm 

The Happy RP salesman

Location: This is not the location you are looking for. Move along!
Medals: 6
GM of the Month (1) Completed RP (1)
Dedicated Partner (1) 1st Year (1)

"What the boy says is true," Jerakea told Morys as he watched the wind sprite wake his son, "And put your weapon away," He told Sen with an exasperated sigh "I didn't come to fight, I came to offer my aid." At this point, Darakus' nose twitched and he almost immediately sat up in the makeshift bed he had been occupying. "I know that scent! but he can't be..." he trailed off as he saw his father at blade-point. his reaction was far from what you would expect. He drew his own sword and joined Morys, totaling the number of blades intending to strike to four. This didn't seem to frighten Jerakea in the least, but his true emotions were almost always masked in these types of situations.

"It's been a while, Darakus. I take it from that expression that you recognize me." Jerakea didn't wait for an answer and continued, ignoring the fact that he could be impaled at a moment's notice. "You still have my Tome of Antyr's Spells, don't you?" Darakus glanced worriedly around the room, afraid of what the others, especially Farish and Chizu, would think of him for his answer. Pulling a large and very dusty old book out of his seemingly infinite yet small pouch, he muttered a small and very reluctant "yes, sir." as he handed it to his father.

As soon as the book left his hand, however, Darakus left arm began to glow down the length of his scars. he gripped his head in pain, and dropped his sword, where it struck the floor with a rather loud clattering noise. Jerakea, who didn't seem worried at all, muttered something in the demonic tongue and Darakus was able to stand upright, once again as if nothing had happened. A howling was heard in the air above, as if someone was filled with bloodlust. Not long after, both Darakus' and Jerakea's ears twitched as the heard the hooves of Night Mares entering the forest. "I suggest we start moving. We barely stand a chance against those creatures." Jerakea said, then, taking Morys aside, he added "And don't think I don't know what they are after, either." before he climed up out of the hollow tree to see if Sen had noticed the impending threat.

Shoulder Demon: (Looking at controls of train) "Let's see how many times we can wreck this thing before we're all dead."

Shoulder Angel: "Are you crazy?!?!?! you'll get us all killed!!!!!!"

Shoulder Demon: "That's the idea, Moron!"

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:00 pm 

Laraine desperately searched for the crew of Demons as well as the lost object, but the only thing in her mirror was herself, growing more and more agitated by the minute. Finally giving up, Laraine slipped out of her robes and into something more professional. With that she decided to take her mind off of things by searching for her husband and finding out what he might be up to.
~~~~~

Chaos stood before a pale-skinned, silver-eyed, red-haired young man wearing a black robe with red embroidery that could match his hair and a taller, somewhat older man with greasy, slicked-back black hair, and black eyes his mouth forming a grim line as he looked at Chaos, making the Demon almost want to shrink and disappear.

Almost.

Chaos knelt onto one knee and bowed low. "Dermythis, sir, I have been informed that, though they are late, my underlings are returning with the second object sir. The object of which Antyr so graciously showed my wife."

"You may rise, but only because I want you to look me in the eyes as I speak to you," Dermythis said, anger evident in his voice. The God paused as Chaos straightened. "Antyr has told me otherwise. That the object is not on its way here! That it has fallen into the hands of a group that would like to challenge me."

"There is something I did not mention, my friend," the red head cut in, speaking for the first time. "I know how much you appreciate dis-order."

"Go on," Dermythis prompted, raising his eyebrows slightly and seemingly forgetting all about the Demon who had called for an audience with them.

"'Tis the orb of corruption, Der," Antyr answered, a gleam in his eye that Dermythis quickly matched with an eerie evil smile.

Dermythis laughed, a harsh, humorless sound. "Ah, then perhaps luck be on our side." He turned his attention back to his confused Demon follower. "You might have more underlings soon, Chaos. This could turn to our favor after all. You are forgiven... for now."

Antyr joined Dermythis as they both laughed. Even after they vanished magically, their laughter remained. Chaos shivered, even though the still air was perhaps too warm.

~~~~~

With everyone in the conveniently hollowed tree, Morys had no reason to hide it any longer. Morys sheathed one of his swords and used his free hand to pull out the orb from his inner vest pocket and reveal it to Amei and the others. "My name is Morys, and I found this floating in the sea. Demons are not known for being happy and peaceful beings. If they want it, I don't imagine that it could do any good in their hands." That said, he glanced at Farish as his sprite went to awaken the sleeping Wolf Anithrope and sheathed his second sword.

"Alright, no fire, but what about the Anithrope? I remember watching my surroundings more than once, and I only recall one Anithrope there." He glanced at Amei to make sure she knew that he meant before they came upon her and the Fox.

A howl split the air and Morys quickly replaced the orb into his inner vest pocket, making sure it was secure. "No, we mustn't run." The Almerkian said in response to one of the two Anithropes. He made a mental not to talk to the Wolf he did remember since they obviously knew each other about the other later. "If we plan to spend the night here, we can't let them return to whoever sent them, or our position will be given away and we will need to find a different shelter. I agree with him," he added, nodding in Sen's direction, "we kill whatever these things are." He glanced at the newly appeared Wolf Anithrope, his eyes narrowed suspiciously and hooded by his too-long blonde hair. "Count yourself lucky that we need all of the allies we can get."

Wanting to be the first to take action, Morys headed over to the cave entrance. "Enough talk, we have all night for that." He said, contradicting himself as the others were already starting to prepare for the upcoming battle. Then, the Almerkian climbed through the hollow on his elbows, propelling himself forward through the narrow tunnel with his feet where necessary.

After climbing out of the hole, he moved a few feet away, allowing the others to follow, and he unsheathed both of his swords and began preparing a spell.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:24 pm 

In College

Finally, Morys revealed to them the item which had thrust them into turmoil. Chizu hissed at the shiny little sphere and scampered around to hide behind Farish, peeking at it and hissing over his shoulder. Now that he was focused on it, the boy's magical senses told him that this thing was evil for sure. Also, its aura was... distinct. He wasn't sure, but he thought that whoever was after it could probably track it almost anywhere after they were locked on to that energy signal.

This isn't a problem that's going to go away, he thought. We'll have to deal with this one at its roots. The prospect wasn't one he was looking forward to-- especially since all he wanted now was a good night's sleep. Who knew how deep those roots were?

Chizu had been upset over the object Morys held, but her agitations didn't end there. It was obvious to Farish that she was honestly afraid of whatever made that terrible howling noise, and she seemed to take no pleasure in the transaction between Darakus and the Shape-Shifter. "Filthy black magic," she muttered. Farish wasn't overly surprised: it seemed to him his new friend had just the sort of chaotic disposition that would incline him toward the darker spell variety. Besides, all that mattered in the end was how that magic was used, right?

Although, that he seemed to know the demon-in-disguise was suspicious, as was the fact that he appeared now as a wolf Anithrope. One could reason that he'd simply noticed how many Anithropes they'd already encountered in these woods-- but a wolf? Perhaps they were pupil and master, given Darakus's possession of the other wolf's spell book, or perhaps their relation was something else entirely. Well, if they didn't die in the next couple of hours, they'd likely find out sooner or later.

The boy sat silently, almost defiantly, as Morys called him out on his placement of their guest. It was perfectly obvious that he was withholding further information on purpose. For now, though, his goal had been achieved: Morys had relented and allowed the mystery man on as their ally.

Farish sighed. "Are we really charging straight into battle again so soon?" he asked, complaintative from lack of proper rest. Was he the only one here that didn't openly welcome violence? He glanced back at his fuzzy blue friend. If they were planning to fight, he ought to have Chizu restore his mana. And if he did that, the fight had better come! If he didn't burn off that energy again he'd never fall asleep-- and magical stamina was no replacement for honest rest.

Many of the others had gone topside by now, and the boy sighed again. "Well then, Chizu," he muttered to the wide-eyed sprite, "I guess we should go make sure our new friends don't get themselves killed."

The elf child took his turn to scamper agilely up the tunnel, dexterity and size working to his advantage. He emerged from the hole to join the others, and glanced at Morys-- or rather, at his vest. Their enemies had not yet arrived, but they were surely coming, and they were probably following that thing's energy signature. Well, if they were going to find them no matter what, one mana spike wasn't going to betray their position any more. Other threats from the forest would likely stay as far away from these creatures as they could, and Farish needed his force fields at the ready when they arrived.

He and Chizu locked eyes and understanding passed between them. The Sprite gave off a faint glow as she called on all the spirits and creatures of her element to lend her strength for her weary companion. In an exhilarating rush, the boy felt all of his vivacity and power swell inside of him. Controlling one's life energy, and life energy from other amicable sources was the job of a mage. But to force all of a person's mana back within their too-small mortal frame took a little time and a lot of control.

For nearly a six-foot radius around the boy, his translucent aura surged excitedly. It seemed like a lot, compared to what was usually employed in spells, but it was the entirety of his mana, his life energy, all at one time, and he was a capable sorcerer. The exposure was brief, and four or five seconds later the boy had brought his power back inside of him. His blue eyes flashed for a moment afterward, but he stilled that too.

Curious, the boy glanced at Morys, wondering how the kindly (though ignorantly) protective human would react to this brief display. The elf offered him a small half-smile and shrugged.

The Witch Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:48 am 

An ear twitched as Kyosera stared at the elf, golden eyes glinting softly in the light reflecting off the rain. He had a fair point... If the goal wasn't to draw the enemy off. The fox shook her head. "No. Want as many demons as possible to see our threat. Keep as far away from others as possible." She nodded once, then at a sudden sound she whipped her head around, holding still as a predator can.

Thumpity-thumpity-thumpity. Riders. Even if she wanted to, there was no time to indulge the elf any further. She closed her eyes, exhaling every bit of air in her lungs as she focused. She almost looked calm, serene as she drew back an arrow with her bow. Angled just under Drachon's arm. Almost imperceptibly, the corner of her mouth twitched upwards.

"Elf should prepare." She opened an eye, and loosed the arrow, immediately looping the bow around her shoulder and head, and raising a brow. "Follow, if elf wants." She lept down from the tall tree, drawing her sword as she landed, coming to stand in the path these horsemen would have to pass through, after an arrow hit one of their mounts on the flank.

She drew her sword, holding it loosely at her side, ears and head flicking to toss the hood off of her head, to allow her to stare defiantly at whoever entered the clearing. And it wasn't long before a group of five did. Dark wispy ill-defined shapes seemed to ride atop nearly skeletal horses. The poor beasts bleeding from open sores on their hooves and flanks. One of which was screaming itself hoarse, the arrow in it's right flank... Where it had to pass through the being riding the horse.

She readied her blade a bit, and smirked. "Kyosera knows what you hunt. She would not let you take it, unguer." She spat on the ground with the insult, and drew up to her full height. All of a few feet tall, hardly imposing. Yet she made it seem so. "Come and claim it."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:45 am 

A large figure dipped under the clouds high above the forest below before arcing back up into them. Someone else had been lured to the area by all of the excitement, but for a different reason entirely. Flying up and over the clouds the moonlight caught the stranger and revealed her identity. A dragon with violet scales that had curious looking runes etched into them which glowed dimly with azure light. Curiosity ad brought this large stranger to fly above the goblin forest.

"Someone or someones is causing a ruckus both in the town and now outside of it. And best of all! There are hints of magic being used! I must find out what is happening. This land is otherwise so boring." Until now Seneli had regretted leaving the mountains that her kind called her own. She left before because she didn't believe that the other races could be as boring as she had been told. So far, those mockers had not been disproved. To which it became that at the first sign of something truly interesting happening she rushed to find out what it was and why. Anything to keep her from heading back to the mountains.

Folding her wings against her side she began to dive down toward the forest. The wind rushed by her slender snout which was crowned with only two horns which swept back, forming a perfect V as they did. Her golden eyes searched the forest floor until she saw exactly what she had been hoping to find. The ghastly figures of what she could presume were demonic beings were being faced down by a single fox anithrope. "Perfect! Some actual fighting!"

She had been told that the 'mortal' races loved to fight amongst each other but so far she had not seen more than a tavern brawl (Which was hard for her to see in the first place since the smaller races hardly ever made a tavern big enough for a dragon.). So, this unexpected action in the middle of the night was exactly what she was looking for. Spreading her wings she gained the lift necessary to glide right above the treeline with the fox and her foes directly below. She tilted her wings and began to bank back, eyes searching for a place to land in order to help the fox and her unseen ally.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Amei nodded to the man before standing up, her long sword placed back into the elegantly carved hilt on her back. She gave barely a passing glance at the young boy, barely noticing the faint glow that emanated from him and filled a good portion of the hollow with light. She felt nothing but could only assume it was some kind of magic. And logically it would make little sense for her to dally when they were suddenly thrust right back into danger. Grasping onto one of the vines she began to pull herself up the slender tunnel toward the surface.

"What is it anyways? That we are about to fight?" She called up the shaft toward Morys. Now was one of those times that the warrior regretted wearing heavy armor as it made the climb a lot more difficult than it had made the descent. Though, she knew that in the middle of combat when it saved her life she would not bother complaining about its weight again.

Finally reaching the surface she reached with her hand back and drew the nodachi from its scabbard in one swift movement. She wondered if the fox and the other elf had already seen combat and if they were okay. "What do you plan to do with the artifact? Do you plan to run your whole life away from these demons?" She asked this toward Morys as her eyes scanned the woods before her. She was mentally preparing herself for what she was sure was an inevitable fight.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:41 am 

3rd Year (1) Supporter (1)

Sen had already perched on the branch of a nearby tree by the time any of the others emerged from the hole. One by one they climbed out, prepping themselves however they needed to. Sen looked on into the dark, the outlines of trees and bushes accentuated by a nocturnal light only he could see. Its light violet hue was always beautiful. It was something Sen felt he stopped noticing as he was so accustomed to seeing it. But then off in the distance from the direction they came, brighter hues of amber started to sparkle. There were four...no, five tight groupings of the amber sparkles. The lowest orbs moved like horse feet. Their frames almost blinding from his nocturnal vision yet they were still so far away. "Beautiful..." he whispered to himself in admiration. The Skeletal frames could be seen better now and the Fox had already begun engaging them. They moved quick but...where are the riders? Sen tried to rub his eyes but they didn't lie a second time. Skeletal horses with hooves of flames and no riders. That could only mean they were magical riders; ethereal almost. The only types of things that Sen couldn't really see in the dark.

With a small grunt Sen hopped down from the branch and approached Morys and glanced at the two wolf anithropes. "They aren't anything I've see before but I know one of you has." Sen glanced back towards the direction of their approaching enemy. "Whatever they are there are at least five of them on horseback. Hope one of you has a plan for these things. All I've got is cut 'em at the knees and hope they go down. After that..." Sen unsheathed his punch daggers, "they all die."

This is for everything you’ve ever loved
Use all the pain that you’ve felt in your life as the currency go out and trade it for blood
You are not you. You are now us
We are the only ones that you can trust
You’ll become fear. They’ll become dust
Before this moment you didn't mean much
You are the smoldering vessel of punishment born to do nothing but justify us"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:14 pm 

Drachon was about to argue with the Anithrope, to tell her that the best way to keep the others safe would be to make sure that as few of the creatures reached them as possible, and to stay alive while doing it. Just then he heard the dull thudding of hooves against the thick underbrush, and judging from the sudden stillness of the Anithrope, she heard them too. The vixen closed her eyes and calmed herself as she drew her bow and notched an arrow on the string, aiming just under his arm. She broke the silence for only a moment " The elf should prepare" She then opened and eye and launched the arrow, slinging the bow around her body before leaping from the tree.

"No, wait!" Drachon reached out to stop her, but it was to no avail, she now stood in the path of those that chased the artifact. Drachon shook his head in frustration, while the fox anithrope's valor was commendable, It was a foolishly short minded action. Finally their antagonists came to view at the entrance of the clearing, and Drachon's fears were confirmed. "Riders..." The elf said this is a soft whisper, his mouth set in a grim scowl. He could feel the darkness emanating off of the near ethereal beings that rode the monstrous steeds. The fox would stand no chance against the riders, and Drachon once again cursed her rashness.

Drachon could not just sit idly by and let the fox anithrope fall beneath these creatures blades, no matter how she infuriated him. Drachon took a deep breath as he drew his bow and notched an arrow, reaching into his mana reserves. The elf spoke in soft elvish which seemed to echo with the magic they called upon "Thianna, hear my plea..." The lead rider, whose steed's screaming resounded through the forest due to the arrow in it's flank, was getting closer to the anithrope, who stood stolidly to meet the threat "...give me the strength to do thy work and follow thy words..." Drachon drew the arrow back on the string and leveled it at the lead rider "...and allow me the courage to stand against the waves of darkness..." Drachons green eyes now seemed to glow with a mystical quality as he released the arrow, which pierced through the right eye of the lead riders steed, which fell to the ground as the wraith riding seemed to glide like smoke across water to the ground, never stopping its assault.

Drachon quickly sheathed the bow and leapt from the tree, landing in front of the anithrope "...With the power of light!" The elf lifted his right hand and a brilliant blue-white light shone forth from it. The rays of holy light tore through the shadowy flesh of the wraith, growing brighter as it engulfed the unholy creature completely. The other riders swerved to avoid the light that emitted from the elf's hand. One rider that had strode too close as he passed let loose an inhuman shriek of pain as the light burned it smoke-like flesh like fire.

After the riders had passed, the light faded and Drachon dropped to one knee, breathing heaviy, he was beginning to run low on his mana reserves. Drachon shook the tiredness and turned, taking to the trees. The elf had forgotten the anithrope as his mind basked in the brilliance of the magic. now as he raced through the trees after the riders, he wondered where the anithrope was, making chase no doubt. For a moment the moonlight that shone through the spaced in the trees were covered by a large shadow, which just as quickly vanished. Drachon took no time to ponder this, the important thing was keeping the artifact safe. He only had enough mana reserved for one more banishing spell, he hoped that he wouldn't need it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:28 am 

Morys stared at the boy for a moment after the bright light had dissipated. The boy shrugged, making it obvious that the light had been coming from him. Morys raised a brow curiously, then grinned. So the boy was a mage, maybe he could hold his own and protect himself after all. What a relief.

Thinking about the upcoming battle, Morys nervously repositioned his hand on the hilt of the sword. He started squeezing it, gripping it so hard his knuckles turned white. Memories threatened to overwhelm him, but Morys pushed them away. Now was not the time to be lost in his past.

Morys heard the red raccoon creature's question and offered to help her out of the tunnel, glancing over his shoulder to make sure the enemy was not yet upon them. "Some demonic creatures, I'm sure. Perhaps maybe even a myth," he replied, as he knelt in front of the tunnel's mouth and reached his hand into it. At her next question, Morys's hand came back to his side and he moved back from the hole as he thought about it. "No, the best plan of action is to rally some allies. I'll search all of Eltsii if need be." He finally spoke as the red raccoon creature scanned the woods.

Morys stood slowly, grabbing his sword from where he had laid it on the grass. Both swords in hand once again, the Almerkian breathed deeply and slowly exhaled. He saw a light shine through the trees in the distance, and he could sense magic. So that's where the Elf had gotten to, and that meant the battle had begun.

Morys raised his brows at what the older human had to say. Five on horseback? Well, their group outnumbered them at least, but horses would give their enemy an advantage as well. "We should take care of the horses first, and we will take away their advantage," he said, adding in his thoughts, I hope.

~~~~~

Laraine found her husband inside their temple and still in front of the altar. His face was unusually pale, giving it the shade of gray of a week old corpse. "Chaos, darling," she said softly, breaking the silence and announcing herself.

Chaos turned to look at her. "Any luck?"

Laraine's eyes fell to the floor, unable to meet his searching gaze. She shook her head.

She heard a growl come from Chaos's throat as he advanced toward her, not of anger, but of something else. When he reached her, Chaos tilted Laraine's head back and took her mouth with his hungrily. "Let's return to our chambers and forget our troubles, least for awhile."

Laraine nodded and allowed Chaos to lead the way. She felt guilty, as if losing the object was her fault. Or that not being able to find it was because of her.

~~~~~

The injured horse turned to the Fox Anithrope, now riderless it was moving of its own will toward the one who had stuck an arrow in its flank. The horse reared and kicked, neighing loud and high-pitched as if in battle cry. It came down on all fours and ran towards her, while the other four riders and horses continued towards their quarry.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next