All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Into the Shadows -IC
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:40 pm 

Location: You wouldn't want to know all the places my mind goes... but my body is stuck in Dubai
Blog: View Blog (8)

Darkness, that was all there was. The curtains concealed all light, everything was black, except for a single red light on the wall marking where the plug was. Darren looked over and stared at the red light, his eyes adjusted to the dark, he could make out the dark shape of the furniture in his room. Silence, he should have been asleep but he wasn't, he couldn't sleep. He could feel something in the room, a strange presence.... almost as if something was watching him. He couldn't close his eyes cause every time he did he could feel something getting closer. Something strange was going on. Darren thought he knew what it was.... it was a presence that had been around him all his life. He had recently learned what to call them.... Shadow People. Whether or not they were his imagination was still to be determined. But Darren was a curious individual and he wanted answers. Finally closing his eyes and casting all thoughts aside he tried to relax. Darkness formed around Darren shadows formed and solidified, a hand seemed to come out of the darkness and form around Darren's neck. Darren sat straight up and looked around, there was nothing, but he couldn't shake the feeling that he had just been closer than ever with the Shadow People. What was happening? He didn't know but he wanted answers, he would get them, no matter if people thought he was crazy. He wasn't going to live watching his back wondering if something was back there. Grabbing his phone from beside his bed he unlocked it. The screen lit up and Darren could have sworn he saw a shadow leave out of the corner of his eye. Your paranoid Darren! Nothing was in your room! Get a grip! Darren stared at his phone, the picture that was his background was odd and abstract. Masks falling into an ocean with the sun behind, all of it black and white. It was very Darren the picture. He smiled and flipped through the options finding the number he was looking for. Pushing the send text button he typed away.

Hey, sorry to be texting you so late but.... something odd has happened tonight. I know you take an interest in those shadow people legends so I was wondering if we could talk. How does tomorrow for lunch sound? The cafe on 2nd street sound alright?

Darren almost felt stupid doing, sending the text he laid back down. The phone flickered off entering its locked mode. Breathing deeply Darren relaxed and started to drift into sleep.

~Master to Butler Vilora

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Into the Shadows -IC
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:37 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Sam grumbled and rolled over in her sleep, waving a hand in the air. Lately her dreams are not restful, but odd, and make her toss and turn. She hears the phone through this weak sleep and rolling over again pulls it free from the charger with a snap, the wire hitting her hand and making her growl, waking up a little.

Curry Red dyed hair a mess and flicks open the phone. Her new contact, from the school. what was his name again...Darren? right? he was in her phone as Conspirator. He seemed to want to know the answers to some questions as bad as she did. Questions that no one had a good answer for. Something odd happened? She wondered what and it woke her up more. It was on proper waking she saw one from the edge of her eye. It was there, like it seemed to enjoy being, a Shadow Man. Taller, a hat on his head, square shoulders. Sometimes she saw him directly, but not always. He was there again. A 'friend' stood with him, off towards the corner. This bothered her more than anything. Since she snapped her hand and it woke her more she rose and exited her room, despite them being gone from her sight she went down to her Living Room to watch TV for a while and fall asleep on her couch.

Sam lived in a little rented house with her two cats, neither of whom was in the room when the Shadows were there, but both now on the couch with her. She was a part time student and a full time worker, who made enough for the 450 a month, and few utilities, plus a little left to help herself after cat bills and groceries. She fell asleep by the TV allowing it to drown out her bad dreams, before going back into sleep she replied 'Sure, 12:30, see you there, got something to tell you too.'

Want to find out if you would survive a Zombie attack? Click and See! http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Lady%20Aime

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:00 pm 

Location: You wouldn't want to know all the places my mind goes... but my body is stuck in Dubai

Darren woke up by 10am. He slept a little, good thing. Seeing his phone light flash he picked it up and unlocked the screen. Sam had texted him back, 12:30. Darren jumped out of his bed and flipped open his Ipod touch, flipping through the music he finally found something and started blasting it. He always needed music to get him going in the morning. Throwing on a shirt and some jeans he brushed his hair. He tended to keep it messy most of the time, just his style. He quickly brushed his teeth and grabbed his phone. He didn't have a car yet so he walked to the cafe. It was about a two mile walk, it was a nice day though so he didn't mind.

Picking a table in the corner so no one would over hear the upcoming talk Darren ordered a coffee and waited for Sam.

~Master to Butler Vilora

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:14 pm 

She woke up at the insitance of her cats, as always. She could trust them to get her up and going. Demanding Animals. Orion and his brother Axel. Sweet though.
She petted them, as she poured food into the bowl and filled another with fresh water, talking to them 'mama is weird huh? sleeping on the couch. I did not see you sleeping with me in the bed, wild beasts, you saw them? I know you must.' She fusses little over her own appearance, besides the normal-brush teeth, brush hair, deoderent, have all clothes on, comfortable? check all through, ok...oh wait, should put on a bra. She did this relluctantly, then was clear for go.

She pets her boys one more time and tells them to be good before locking the door and pulling it shut behind her. In this nice weather she retires her car in favor of the more efficient and fun little Navy blue and Burgandy Vespa. Strapping on her helmet she rides off down the road. It's about 10...15 minutes maybe, and she gets there early enough, and sees Darren. Parking her little motor bike nearby, she carries her helmet with her and sits across the table "What up Conspirator? What is this you needed to tell me?" Her eyes, a lovely green shade flick around the people they are near. She always observes people.

Want to find out if you would survive a Zombie attack? Click and See! http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Lady%20Aime

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:29 pm 

Darren smiled as Sam walked in, "Glad you made it! Sorry about being all unexpected and stuff but last night was really weird! I was trying to sleep and every time I closed my eyes I could feel something watching me. I knew one of them was in my room so I chose to ignore it and started to relax, but as I started falling deeper into my sleep I could feel it getting closer and soon it felt as if it was wrapping it fingers around my neck. So I was wondering, have you ever heard of these things actually causing physical harm to someone. I tried to research some but everything is so vague and unhelpful filled with superstitions. I can't find any reliable information. So I knew you would be able to help better than anyone. You had any encounters recently. Cause after last night i am kinda jumpy feeling like something bad is about to happen."

Darren looked over his shoulder across the busy street and for a moment he thought he saw one again. Where they becoming more active or something. Or do they really gather when you talk about them? Darren wanted to know, he wanted to solve this. Sam seemed to be just as intent on finding out as well so they made a good team.

~Master to Butler Vilora

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:48 am 

She frowns, and it deepens the more he talks. At last it's a set angry scowl. "Talking about them brings them closer." she says softly, and looks strait at him. She resists looking around, sure she will see one. "From what I know, talking to some others, they cannot directly effect anything with us." She sees one anyway from the corner of her eye, and shakes her head a little to loosen some hair into the way.

She pauses a moment and does look around, looking tired. Still gazing off towards the horizon, she speaks again, and it sounds more to herself, though she is answering his question. "I saw some last night, after I woke up and got your message. The charger cord snapped my hand, and made me pay attention. There was a man, with a hat, at the end of my bed. My boys were not in with me." Thinking about it, she looks at her shirt and picks off some cat hair. "They slept with me on the couch."

She looks directly at Darren again, "But, you know, I don't know for sure. There are chats and stuff on the net, I look from time to time, but a lot of people are just being assholes about it, and teasing."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:14 pm 

Darren nodded, he and searched a little too and found a bunch of crap. But the little he did find out was interesting, "I have looked around too and stumbled across some interesting stories, the ones I came across interested me because the people who posted them seemed to think that the shadow people they saw were more like their guardians. I looked into it a little more and it isn't that uncommon for people to actually have a sense of peace when around them. Also I mapped out a lot of where the stories were coming from and a lot of it comes from New Jersey and New York.... I also researched one person who lived in New York city and he claims to have a connection with shadow people.... I must say I am intrigued by him. While some call him an old cook I would say we might be able to take what he has to say with a grain of salt."

Darren smiled, "So what do you say to a little trip to New York? I also want to inspect the recent crime scene and talk to the victims family and friends and even possibly the killer. I think we could glean something from there too. I think it odd that we both see them and then this murder happens in New York, I think we should check it out while it is still fresh. What do you think?"

~Master to Butler Vilora