All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:30 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Wildfires and civil unrest rage down the pacific can the heroes local to region handle the growing tensions in a region of division?

Just an RP for Ben, myself and anyone else who would like to join in a reasonable time span.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:19 pm 

Secret City Institute internal super dossier.
[Document not to be distributed among the public; subject to audit by Federal Super Agency]

Nickname: Blizzard
Sex: Male
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 210 lbs
Organization: South Kitsap Fire and Rescue, Volunteer Battalion

Appearance Attributes:
Muscular build
Minor amounts of facial acne
Short dark brown hair
Large ears and nose
Eyes with a mix of brown and green
Long neck

Physical Abilities:
[extrapolated from most recent physical assessments, medical record examinations and observation]
Near superhuman cardio vascular endurance
Near superhuman muscular strength to weight ratio
Average human durability
Possible superhuman level of will power (not confirmed)
Near genius level of intelligence

Super Abilities:
Currently unknown to the institute. Under observation due to mandatory screening and monitoring of current and prior military service members for Super Abilities. Physical abilities point to a higher likelihood of an undiscovered super human ability or one that has yet to activate due to a lack of correct stimuli.

Brief History: A Washington local who had left his home to join the US army. Medically retired less than two years he returned to his home town. He joined the local fire department after finding his sources of employment dry up. He has been an unpaid volunteer in the department for a year and a half. Karlton is currently en route to an out of control wildfire in the mountains of Oregon driving a water tender in support of wild land fire operations.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:04 pm 

SHE'S DEAD!

Blog: View Blog (1)

Previous Name: Micah Wishram
Name: Micah White
Nickname:n/a
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 140 lbs
Organizations: Golden valley High: Track team (Winter-spring), Roosevelt High: Cross-Country (Summer-Fall)

Appearance Attributes:
Thin to medium wiry build
Light brown skin with even tone, rosy cheeks, and lips
short prickly jet black hair
small rounded nose with equal nasal bridge and nostril width
brown almond eyes

Physical Abilities:
[extrapolated from most recent physical assessments, medical record examinations, and observation]
Metabolic abnormality: hyper-accelerated metabolic activity during short high-intensity movement, alternative non-chemical pathway utilized when body undergoes prolonged activity or stress.
Accelerated neuromuscular adaptation: Muscle and nerve types shift in prominence depending on the physical stimulus (slow, fast or medium twitch)
Decreased biochemical thermogenesis and thermosensitivity: Brown fat heat generation not found until very low temperatures. High-temperature threshold before perception of temperature change is observed. Lack of reflexive or noxious response to high temperatures.
Rapid utilization of Cholesterol: Heightened hormone and Vitamin synthesis
Hypervitaminosis and Hypercalcemia risk: Exhibits occasional nausea, panic attacks, Toxically high levels of calcium, and steroid hormones in the blood. Large quantities of water and diuretics required, mindfulness, and CBT sessions given regularly.

Super Abilities:
Registered by Doctors Ikenna and Kree White:
  • Exhibits a form of blackbody behavior: absorption and radiation of Electromagnetic energy. Under distress, rooms can go cold or hot in Micah's presence. Measures have been taken to regulate the levels of high spectrum radiation absorbed and radiated.
    Currently observed effects of EM absorption:
  • Blinking: absorbance of the visible spectra causes decreased visibility
  • Flash freezing: absorbance of infrared wavelengths decreases molecular movement and causes frigid temperatures
    Prolonged testing seems to elevate vitals and nervous system activity: Testing limited to prevent epileptic activity, panic, or enteric distress
    Currently Observed effects of EM radiation:
  • Luminescence: radiation of the visible spectra emits lights of various colors and lumens
  • Combustion: radiation of microwaves and infrared spectra increase molecular movement and cause rapid temperature spikes
    Prolonged testing seems to lower vitals and nervous system activity: Testing limited to prevent fatigue, hypoglycemia, and subsequent hypoxia or coma

Brief History: Originally from SoCal, Micah and his brother Kai were placed into foster care at a young age. Many families attempted care but had little success with managing the demands and dangers of Micah's abilities. And so the two bounced from home to home, hoping to eventually settle somewhere for longer than a couple of months. The orphanage was at a loss for what to do with the two; oftentimes they were regarded with pity and other times with outright disgust or fear for the abilities out of their control. Eventually, the agency reached out for additional assistance, seeking people looking specifically for children with required 'special accommodations' as supers were termed. In 2014, Micah and Kai were adopted by Doctor Kree and Professor Ikenna White. Because of the Couple's paired expertise, the abilities that posed a threat to the other families were simply learning opportunities for the pair.

Due to rising crime rates and tensions about supers, Dr. Kree White used a portion of her grant to set-up a series of joint labs at UCLA and OHSU for the study of human neophysiology and biophysics in the biomedical department of UW Seattle and the Neuroscience department of UCLA. In 2018, Dr. Ikenna White traveled with the kids to Portland, where they got a house and registered the boys for school. As public opinion of superhumans declined, the two boys became more isolated from their parents, only getting occasional moments of their time, as their parents worked tirelessly to sway public opinion and de-escalate the dangers of super-based crime. Because of their parent's work, the two frequently flew between states and had to acclimate to partial school years in Washington and California. The boys are currently in Washington in their respective years of high school for the fall semester and are primarily cared for by their grandmother Kya and their Father Ikenna.

(I'll make the bio for Kai and a pretty short one for the two parents later)

Previous Name: Kai Wishram
Name: Kai White
Nickname: N/A (off-record: Hueco)
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 190 lbs
Organizations: UCLA Cognitive sciences, UW Seattle Biomedical
Appearance Attributes:
Medium build
Light brown skin with light facial freckling
Long Coily hair, dreadlocked
small rounded nose with equal nasal bridge and nostril width
golden brown eye color

Physical Abilities:
[extrapolated from most recent physical assessments, medical record examinations, and observation]
Cellular abnormality: increased membrane elasticity and epithelial fluidity
Increased musculoskeletal density: Increased myofibril and increased skeletal density
Rapid utilization of Cholesterol: Heightened hormone and Vitamin synthesis
Rapid Metabolism: Metabolite overproduction excreted without issue, increased glycogen storage in muscles and liver equalizes rapid utilization of glucose. Heightened tissue anabolism.
Decreased Mechanoreceptor sensitivity, increased range:
Ear: Perception of a drastically larger degree of auditory frequencies, decreased perception of amplitude (loudness) of stimuli. Addressed with hearing aids.
Body: Increased two-point determination sensitivity, heightened proprioceptive awareness and vestibular function, higher threshold for sensory response (difficulty determining pressure, and sustained touch), hyposensitivity and absent reflexive response to noxious stimuli (painful touch is simply perceived as touch)

Super Abilities:
Registered by Doctors Ikenna and Kree White and Kai White:
  • Mechanoabsorption: Mechanical force is pulled in wave format
  • High-impact tolerance: Kinetic energy from impact is distributed over the body, lessening the target impact
  • Tremorsensitivty: High awareness of physical locations of objects relative to himself when deprived of sight or hearing

"Based on similar abilities observed from "Garrison", theoretical extrapolations could be made about Kai, but there has been no evidence to substantiate any proposed theories thus far"
- Dr. Ikenna White

Brief History: Older and more reserved than his younger brother, Kai focused intently on supporting Micah, serving as a pseudo-parent for the boy and figuring out how best to care for his abilities long before anyone else had. His natural problem-solving and inquisitive nature proved extremely beneficial to his educational pursuits. The boy received top marks throughout school, eventually discussing with his adoptive parents to move forward with his education in their University laboratories. Like his parents, Kai has a strong passion for superhuman relations and lobbies on his mother's behalf during his class holidays.

(Off record)
Kai has worked in radical freedom force efforts since 2015. Adorned in a featureless wooden mask, "Hueco" has become infamous along the coast for his aggressive treatment of kidnappers and traffickers, destruction of detention centers, and vigilante justice. Hueco is responsible for countless grievous injuries but has no recorded murders. Many reports indicate that he uses a mixture of stealth and psychological manipulation to infiltrate and extract or cause chaos and fear. Currently, Hueco is considered a felon and a low-threat terrorist. Police are urged to detain and use force as necessary.

House in Washington: House on 72 ave NE in Kirkland (15 miles or ~30 mins from Roosevelt HS)

House in California: Magnolia Lane, Stevenson ranch in Santa Clarita (10 miles ~ 20 mins from Golden Valley HS)

-Claiming souls for my father's land
-Preparing for war is my father's plan
-Revealing desires; dirty and unique
-Committing horrors mortals can't speak
-Ire to the man with a life full of hatred
-Blood from your veins, what you held most sacred.

-Sustain. Empower what you find unholy.
-Bleed. Feed who really needs you wholly.
-Salvation turned her back,
~Even when I sought her
- But Life is my wife and Death is her daughter
- Time goes by but I never grow old
- Happily,
-I watch your Skin. Turn. To Mold.
- Every time around another fleeting time of pleasure
-"Together.... we'll be-
Together-
Forever"
- but then you die, life fallen like a tiny feather
- just a bout of rain from a bad day of weather.
- Every time I feed I concede to my need............ -Unfinished

~Son of the Beast and the Leech

Everything stays
Right where you left it
Everything stays
but it still changes
Ever so Slightly
Daily and Nightly
In little ways
Everything Stays

Last edited by Ben on Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:22 pm 

Do you want to change the location. I was going to have my character living near Seattle in Washington since I am familiar with the area. Karlton is heading to Oregon only because that is where most of the wildfires were. I think that 14 might be too young for this RP may 16 to 18 would be more appropriate.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:58 pm 

SHE'S DEAD!

No, you can keep the locations the same, I'll switch the second location from Portland to Seattle and bump the characters up a couple years.

Enviado desde mi LG-H932 mediante Tapatalk

~Even when I sought her
- Happily,
-"Together.... we'll be-
Together-
Forever"

Everything stays
Right where you left it
Everything stays
but it still changes
Ever so Slightly
Daily and Nightly
In little ways
Everything Stays

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:24 pm 

Hey how have things been going. Are we ready to start?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:25 pm 

SHE'S DEAD!

I'm good to go if you are!

~Even when I sought her
- Happily,
-"Together.... we'll be-
Together-
Forever"

Everything stays
Right where you left it
Everything stays
but it still changes
Ever so Slightly
Daily and Nightly
In little ways
Everything Stays

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:44 pm 

Awesome! I will get the IC Thread ready then.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:28 pm 

Sorry it took so long but I did finally finish my opening post to for the IC thread.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:32 pm 

SHE'S DEAD!

Cut my post a little short cuz it was getting lengthy, let me know if you want any changes or want to plan any interactions.

~Even when I sought her
- Happily,
-"Together.... we'll be-
Together-
Forever"

Everything stays
Right where you left it
Everything stays
but it still changes
Ever so Slightly
Daily and Nightly
In little ways
Everything Stays

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:35 am 

Merry Christmas (If you don't celebrate it happy holidays). I spotted three typing errors at the beginning of the post but I didn't see anything else that was wrong with it. Do you intend to have the wild fires being called the Almeda wild fires? I would also suggest that you give each individual character a color for their own individual dialogue. I have found it easier to read and keep which character is talking straight in my head. If you want we can make an OOC list of colors corresponding which characters talking.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:25 pm 

SHE'S DEAD!

I actually looked up areas where wildfires would be located (since I'm on the east coast) and thought almeda was the name of a place. I'll change that to reflect an actual location lol. How about Estacada, OR?

I'll do this coloration for my posts:

News
Kree White
Ikenna White
Micah
Kai
Kya and all other small character appearances

Is that alright? Would you like a specific coloration for your characters or would you prefer I use any different colors?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:34 am 

Almeda OR works just fine for me. I just wanted to make sure we are on the same page.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:48 pm 

Carlton's Color: #00BF00
Unamed Firefighters/EMTs/Paramedics: #FFFF00

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:41 pm 

Hey is my post alright? I haven't seen you around so if I need to explain anything I would be happy too.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:23 pm 

SHE'S DEAD!

Your post is awesome, man! I'm so sorry I'm moving at a snail pace right now, I've been stuck writing and reading things that are bit less fun. Expect something by the end of the week.

If you ever feel like the posting is going abysmally slow and you want, we can brainstorm ahead what general series of events we would like to unfold.

~Even when I sought her
- Happily,
-"Together.... we'll be-
Together-
Forever"

Everything stays
Right where you left it
Everything stays
but it still changes
Ever so Slightly
Daily and Nightly
In little ways
Everything Stays

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:09 pm 

I actually had a thought last night when I was bringing in the trash last night (sounds weird but is is dark and very creepy where I live at night). What if we made the RP about fighting a rising threat of cryptids coming from the forest.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:26 pm 

SHE'S DEAD!

Interesting concept, you think they'll be a driving factor or a result of the fires?

~Even when I sought her
- Happily,
-"Together.... we'll be-
Together-
Forever"

Everything stays
Right where you left it
Everything stays
but it still changes
Ever so Slightly
Daily and Nightly
In little ways
Everything Stays

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:45 pm 

I don't really know, fires are a very normal thing. There will simply be fires just because my character is a firefighter. My thought will need some setup to integrate into the RP and my character actually needs to develop his super powers (will be discovered next post). I don't think the larger issues in the RP need to be connected. Given the political climate in the US I don't want civil unrest to be the main issue in the RP (I am fine with it definitely having a role). I understand that politics is extremely complicated and nuanced in a way that is very difficult to get to the soul of arguments that are important (also I really wanna escape from politics right now, its a bit spicy for me). I guess if we want super vs non-super unrest it should be as divorced from what is happening in real life as much as possible. Both sides feeling like they could be ultimately reconcilable with the other.

Back to the actual RP my plan is to foreshadow/lead into my next post at the end of each post until my characters join up with yours. My thought is to have my character being temporarily behind yours by a month or two giving me a decent amount of setup for Carlton to develop his powers and sorta shoehorn him into dealing with crytids. I have a very solid idea for introducing it and a character that is experienced in dealing with them in a way that makes sense. A sort of post timeline for me would be, next post deals with super powers and Carlton's unemployment which leads to the next post where he more or less becomes aware of cryptids. After those two posts I could see our characters able to have events that are in the same time frame allowing them to encounter each other.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:36 pm 

Okay I am over the shock of all of the recent civil unrest. I actually wanna talk about ideas and story arcs a bit now. I have a lot of ideas and I kinda want to figure some of them out.