All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Magical working title
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:07 am 

looking for active people

Medals: 4
Most Patient (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

(correct title will be edited when I remember it)
(ooc is still a work in progress as well because I lost some files)

Before the fun stuff let’s set out the ooc stuff first:
- This will be a medium paced roleplay, in other words post frequency is about once per one or two weeks. Of course you may reply faster if you can/want.
- I expect everyone that joins to stay committed. Please don’t drop out, the setting of this roleplay doesn’t fit disappearances or character dead.
- For choosing the element: if two or more want the same element it will be decided by coin flip, no double elements.
- Same for the abilities, no doubles.
- You can change minor stuff for the after-transformation appearance, but please discuss this with me over pm first to make sure it is okay.
- The story (IC) will be quite slow paced, in other words please don’t expect that your character will be able to transform and save the world within three posts. Actually it might even take several pages before s/he even gets the chance to transform for the first time.
- One magical boy or girl per person please. You can get as many normal human characters as you want as long as you take care of them. Later on there is the chance to take on some evil characters as well if anyone wants.
- Even though there is a certain order in which I would like to take things, this doesn’t mean that I will be deciding everything. There is lots of room for you to take the storyline further.

on to the fun stuffs....
The world:
The World is pretty much the same as ours, just a little less complicated to make it easier. So let’s not focus too much on smartphones and internet. Let’s also take it easy with secret agencies, government intervention and other stuff that you might find logical to happen. In other words the world is pretty easy going. Everything else is supposed to follow common logic, if you find something weird then let me know and I'll make up an explanation for it that sounds logical ^^

Normal life
They are all high schoolers. Why? Because it is the most turbulent part of life XD they may be in the same school or different ones, they may be in the same class or different ones. They may know each other already or not. They may like each other or not. They have to cope with their normal life and normal problems. So make sure to do your homework ^^
I have decided for a more modern school uniform (see attached file). Although I personally favour the old fashioned gakuran, this one is fine too. There is no school rule that says the jacket needs to be closed. There are 3 high schools: high school X, Y, or Z (it is a big city so has three high schools, I do accept suggestions for names xD). The picture is the uniform for school X. There is a difference between the schools as well. School Z is the most high level school, X is medium or inbetween and Y has a slightly lower level.
Attachment:
File comment: School Uniform School X
school1.png
school1.png [ 301.65 KiB | Viewed 24174 times ]

Npc/non-magical characters
You can have as many as you want, actually you are welcome to make lots of them. Just take care of them. Don’t just use them as cannon fodder, or stereotypical sidekicks. Side-characters can be developed too ^^ even better if you treat them like real characters. So feel free to make character sheets for your favourite npc’s.

Magic ^^
Elements
All magical girls/boys have a different element. Light (yellow), water (blue), fire (red), earth (green), wind (orange). The usual stereotypes do not have to apply. For example the fire element user does not need to have a fiery temperament. If you want to stick to the stereotypes then you are free to do so. Your character might like the element or not.

Name of the group will be added later, this was in the file I have lost, since I suck at remembering it I am very open for suggestions (just don't make it sailor elementals XD)

Transformation
Of course we have sparkly transformations ^^
Here is the breakdown in detail:

Transformation item
It is a pendant. The centre is a semi-transparent crystal in the colour of the designated element in the shape of a diamond (you know like the shape of diamonds from card games not like the typical form of the gem). The crystal is embedded by silver following the same shape. The total size of the pendant is about 3 cm in length. (except for the light element: here the silver part is gold because yellow and silver just don’t go well together). The necklace chain is also silver and looks pretty delicate. The whole thing is very sturdy, so don’t worry about your character dropping it and breaking it, the chain will also not break easily.

Transformation spell
Yes, I know it is very cheesy. If you have a better idea feel free to pm me ^^

Magic Crystal, power of light, shine upon me
Magic Crystal, power of fire, flame upon me
Magic Crystal, power of water, flow upon me
Magic Crystal, power of wind, blow upon me
Magic Crystal, power of earth, rock upon me

Transformation sequence
There is a difference between the character point of view (pov) and an outward pov of the transformation sequence. The outward pov is not very exciting (well the character is supposed to not let anyone see them transform anyway) and is mainly the character having changed in a split second after saying/shouting the transformation spell. No light flashing or sparkles flying off.
The character pov is more interesting. After saying/shouting the transformation spell, they become engulfed in a warm light in their elemental colour. Sparkles and the typical magical dance make up the actual transformation, and yes your character instinctively knows the dance. So the clothes turn into sparkles, the characters spins and stretches and the sparkles turn into the post transformation outfit and the eventual change that you have thought of. Then the light dims down and transformation end. The idea is basically that the transformation takes place in another magical dimension created especially for magical transformation and nothing else and that is why almost no time passes in the world while it seems like they take up a lot of time transforming. Also why no enemy notices the great amount of sparkles and glitters coming off of that.

After-transformation outfit
Girls: the general idea is outlined in the big picture that is attached. Except for the ribbon on the chest. Instead of that it looks like the other picture (without the crosses). The “tails” of the collar go on until the waist, so to the point where the skirt begins. The sleeves are like in the bigger picture. The colour variations are added just for seeing how it looks like together.
Boys: Roughly like the picture attached. The “tails” of the coat go on until below the knees, as well in the front as in the back. White pants with a stripe in the element colour on the side. What is yellow/golden in the picture would be replaced by the colour of your element. (I got too lazy to add the other colours)
Attachment:
File comment: Magical Girl Uniform 1
girl1.png
girl1.png [ 360.6 KiB | Viewed 24174 times ]

Attachment:
File comment: Magical Girl Uniform 2
girl2.png
girl2.png [ 68.1 KiB | Viewed 24174 times ]

Attachment:
File comment: Magical Boy Uniform 1
boy1.png
boy1.png [ 178.17 KiB | Viewed 24174 times ]

Attachment:
File comment: Magical Boy Uniform 2
inspi3.png
inspi3.png [ 26.72 KiB | Viewed 24174 times ]

Attacks
Each magical girl/boy will gain three attacks. Except for the basic attack you can also think up names for the other two attacks. The basic attack will be available to the character immidiately. It will take a while before they gain/learn the secondary one, and it will take even longer for the tertiary one to appear. They need to get used to using the attacks as well. More about that IC.

Basic attack
The character will have this one from the beginning. It is basically a blast of the respective element. This is also the weakest attack. It is the one attack that all characters have the same. As time passes and it gets used more, it can get a bit stronger. It’s offensive.
Spell: Flash of light/water/fire/wind/earth!

Secondary attack
After a while, the character can gain a secondary attack. This can be anything you want. However, I want to avoid doubles as much as possible. The attack can be offensive, or defensive, or a power up, whatever you can think off. Make sure it has some relation to the element though.

Tertiary attack
The ultimate attack. Can also be anything, doesn’t have to do anything with the secondary attack. Also, no doubles. The rest is pretty much the same as with the secondary attack.

Mascot
We will have a more or less helpful mascot. I will take care of him, but there may be occasions where one of you has to take care of him or wants to take care of him, this will definitely be talked about before the occasion in the ooc. There will be no picture of the mascot. Imagine a cute combination of a dog, cat, bunny with cute little wings.

The villains
Of course there will be evil to fight. In the beginning I will take care of it. Later on some bosses can be taken care of by others if you want to that is. The great evil boss at the end is a secret and mine ^^ what the villains want will be made clear in the rp at some point later on or not. Who says that the villains have to talk about their plans anyway?

Character sheet: {make sure to delete everything between the brackets before posting it}
Name: {Use the format given name family name and not the format family name given name}
Gender: {yes you have to choose between male or female, it is about the gender before transformation btw in case your character has a gender change during tranformation}
Class: {remember it is high school, the classes or grades range from 9th to 12th, 16 and 17 year old would typically be in 10th or 11th class/grade if not being held back or something like that. Also include the school your character is in, if you can't decide then choose school X}
Appearance: {if your character has a different appearance post transformation then try to include at least a description of the change(s) as well, but discuss this with me first!}
Personality: {please let me look over this so that not everyone has the same kind of character}
Family: {you know stuff like parents, siblings, pets, feel free to include pics and background info about them}
Element: {please put in the one that we have decided upon in pm}
Post transformation: {have we agreed on any changes in comparison to the standard transformation? Then put it here, even if you have already described it in the appearance part}
Secondary attack: {again I hope you have discussed this with me ^^}
Tertiary attack: {same as above, first attack is not mentioned because it is already described as being basically the same for everyone}
Other: {anything else you want to say about your character?}

please do not post your cs here without me having looked over it ^^

ps: here are links to the dollmakers that I used for the pictures, in case any of you want to use them for your character or just for your curiousity:
http://www.rinmarugames.com/playgame.ph ... hi-maker-3
http://www.rinmarugames.com/playgame.ph ... tor-cleric
http://www.rinmarugames.com/playgame.ph ... le-creator

participants:
- Light: Chemical Lady (GM) Profile
- Water: QuiteContrary Profile
- Wind: Asterous Profile
- Fire: open, PM me if interested
- Earth: Amara Profile

IC: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=53453

Reply time: max. 1-2 weeks. Please send me a reminder (pm, ping, chatroom) if my reply is overdue ^^

here is my Resume<-do read it for better understanding

Last edited by Chemical Lady on Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:51 am, edited 7 times in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:53 am 

Name: Makoto
Class: 10th class of school X
Appearance:
sorry huge image | +

After transforming his hair is a bit longer and golden coloured and his eyes turn blue.
Personality: He has a strong sense of justice although no power to act upon it. This usually leaves him with a guilty feeling after encountering an unrightful situation. (when transformed he does have the power to act which could cause him to preach the enemy about justice even if the enemy is a monster that can't understand what he is saying) Luckily for him the bullies at school usually leave him alone since he does defend himself. Still, he doesn't have any friends and appears to be a gloomy and depressive guy. He prefers the word realistic. With an intelligence that is slightly above average he scores okay at tests but not outstandingly good, probably because he doesn't feel like studying a lot. Overall he prefers to live his life in peace and quiet without attracting attention. However, somewhere in the back of his mind he does long for friendship, but without a clue about waht friendship is he will chase away anyone that tries to befriend him. His character is full of contradictions like this.
Family: lives with his father mother and sister. The father works fulltime and is stern and strict. The mother works three mornings a week and is housewife the rest of the time. The sister is two years older, her name is Kemika and she goes to school Y. The two of them don’t really get along well. She regularly makes fun of him as well.
big picture again | +

Element: Light
Post transformation: Long blond hair and blue eyes
Secondary attack: "Heavenly Healing". Engulfs the target into a warm non-blinding light to heal their wounds. Takes longer with more serious injuries.
Tertiary attack: "Shield of Light". Creates a shield of non-blinding light that defends against attacks from outside the shield, the shields size can be varied to include comrades. Takes concentration to uphold.
Other: rp'ed

Reply time: max. 1-2 weeks. Please send me a reminder (pm, ping, chatroom) if my reply is overdue ^^

Last edited by Chemical Lady on Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:40 pm 

Charlotte "Charlie" Parker
Female
10th grade attending (School X)
Appearance | +

Personality
Charlie is a bright, driven, social, and happy girl. Her parents are very affluent and, while they loved their daughter, had little time for her, instead showering her with gifts. Despite this, Charlie is, generally, a down to earth and accepting girl. She's at the top of her class and is involved in a lot of extracurriculars such as cheerleading, track, student body council, and theatre. Charlie loves to flirt and is very much into boys, but she'll harmlessly flirt with just about anyone who's around her age. However, because of her life of privilege, Charlie can unknowingly be a tad bit selfish.

Family
Mother
Elizabeth Parker
Wealthy. Influential. Socialite.
Elizabeth's family is what one would call nouveau riche. While the source of her wealth is unknown, what is known is that it is old money and her maiden name holds considerable sway among the world's richest. She spends a lot of time traveling and maintaining relationships with powerful families across the globe.

Father
Alexander Parker
Government Ambassador. Intense. Devoted.
He comes from a history of politicians, dating back to the late 1890's. While in college he met Elizabeth and fell madly in love. While his work keeps him busy and away from the home for days at a time, he adores his daughters and spoils them whenever possible.

Sister
Ryan Parker
Appearance | +

The oldest of 3, Ryan is on route to graduate at the top of her class at school Z. Wanting to become a doctor, she is focused on her studies, leaving little time for friends. However, thanks to Charlie, Ryan takes time from her schedule to hang out and relax.

Sister
Samantha Parker
Appearance | +

Charlie's fraternal twin sister. She attends school Z with Ryan. Samantha can be very blunt and in doing so, can come off as rude. She has a very dry, sarcastic sense of humor and can seem callous at times, but she's fierce when it comes to family.

Element
Water

Post transformation
Standard transformation. No notable change in appearance.

Secondary attack
Crustallum
The ability to draw water from the air and create an ice spear . The more humid the air or free standing water available, the more powerful her attack

Tertiary attack
Procella
A seismic wave, or tsunami like attack, achieved by the ability to draw water from underground to add to already available resources.

Other
All three children live at home with their live in Nanny and are driven to school. Their mother is usually away weeks at a time with a few days home in between and the father is usually home a few days every other weekend or so.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:35 pm 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Name: Darcy Addington
Class: 11th grade, School X
Appearance:

Personality: Constantly being compared to his overachieving older brother, Darcy has always had to strive to make a name for himself, other than being the youngest Addington. While his brother was all about the books, Darcy is more in it for the popularity. Not afraid to use what advantages he may have, he’s okay with manipulating people to get what he wants, or to raise his own status. When he’s at school or in public, Darcy can be seen as a drama queen, attention seeker, and typical “Mister Popular”. At home though, the facade falls away and while still being a drama queen, he’s still the little brother and constant target of teasing which can make him somewhat defensive.
Family:
Father - Robert Addington
- Businessman, spends more time at work than home
Mother - Maria Addington
- Stay at home mom, baby sits for neighbours
Brother - Nicolas Addington
- Older brother, constantly teases Darcy when he’s home
Cat - Atticus
- Easily reflecting his owner's personality, Atticus, or Atti, is just as picky, likely to judge, and vain.
Element: Wind
Secondary attack: Razor Wind - Able to shape the air around him into razor like projectiles that slash at the target. Affects one target at a time, unless two or more are close enough together to catch the arc.
Tertiary attack: Whirlwind - Able to create tornadoes, whirlwinds, and similar wind storms through manipulation of the air around them. This affects multiple targets, especially those closest to him when the ability is used. This isn't something Darcy can hold forever as the energy needed to perform this is a huge drain on him, limiting the use to once a day, twice if he really pushes himself.
Other: Openly bisexual.

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon

View Likes PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:02 am 

how about we just start?
kate can join in whenever I have received and checked her cs
and if anyone knows someone that would like the earth element magical girl/boy then have them pm me ^^

(I know there is still info missing in the ooc but I can't find that damn file for the hell of it and now I am desperately trying to remember the tacky but 'cool' names I have thought up like a yea ago....)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:48 am 

I suppose that would be ok

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:29 pm 

okay everyone I added some more stuffs to the ooc be sure to read it ^^
as said we will just start ahead and kate can join when she is ready
any suggestions for any naming stuff is very welcome from everyone
since I can not remember the 'team name' that I had thought up last year or something we will stick with magical working title for now
ic coming soon!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:08 pm 

Yay! Can't wait to start

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:14 am 

hello all
I know I owe an opening post and I have to admit that I am having a hard time with it
there are all these fun/epic/great moment that I want to intgrate into the rp and my mind is running forward on how faboulously your characters will get their powers that somehow that gets in the way of writing a perfectly ordinairy opening post that doesn't let anyone guess about anything that is about to come
but don't worry I am totally working on it, I am surely not dropping this!

ps: ast did you get angry too much, you are looking a bit green XD

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:30 am 

Hey, no rush! I know I'm not the most speedy of posters so I really can't get angry and I probably wouldn't have anyway.

And yes, ASTER SMASH!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:13 pm 

I have come back!

I am in for this, give me some time to work on the character.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:57 am 

@cuteharuna please read the first post carefully, the very last line says that I would prefer a pm if anyone is interested

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:41 am 

I have come back!

Of course

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostThis post was deleted by cuteharuna on Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:28 am.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:30 pm 

the IC is here!!

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=53453

btw I changed the wind colour to orange

only people whose cs has been checked by me can post in the ic so if you want to be there them PM me, do not reply here

okay about my post, which came out a little more depresssive than intended: I tried to make it boring. Afterall nobody knows or even has a feeling about the stuff about to happen so everyone should go about their everyday life ^^
let's get rolling already ^^

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:37 pm 

oh right posting order
I guess I just forgot
how about round based (everyone posts once per round)?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:17 pm 

Sounds good to me! I'll post hopefully today, but I am kind of busy lol it might not be until tonight or tomorrow

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:29 pm 

I'm hoping *fingers crossed* to get enough exam prep done Thursday and Friday to be able to work on roleplay stuff on Saturday!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:36 pm 

Hope my post's okay! And that it was okay to come across Makoto otherwise I can edit!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:27 am 

that's totally fine, I made him stop there to give the chance for that actually ^^
just didn't expect your character to be so gangsta XD