All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Way We Were
View Likes PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:32 am 

SHE'S DEAD!

Blog: View Blog (1)

Welcome to Rune's bookstore.

Take your time looking around. Or if you just need a nice place to get some work done, our cafe is right down the hall to the left. If you have any questions or need any help, don't hesitate to ask. Oh... are we hiring? I- umm, I don't- uh... I'll see if Rune is in.

"Rune's is a cozy little bookstore in the city. Despite it's appearance from the outside, the store is deceptively large; it's packed with small hideaways with suede cushioned seats, a separate cafe and seemingly endless rows of books. Strangely, no one's ever gotten lost. When someone desires to leave, just a few steps leads them to the front entrance. The lights bathe the store in a soft golden glow. Low soft music fills the aisles, easing the mind. The gentle aromas of the cafe beverages and pastries waft through the book cases, blending with the smell of new books. The experience is pleasant, almost magically so."

This rp is about a book store run by magical creatures. Everyone that works at Rune's is a magical being that's fallen on hard times. During the day, the beings look completely human. By night, the store is transformed into a truly magical place, home to countless magical creatures and attracting patronage from all types (the supernaturals of the city, the realms, other planes etc.).

Wondering where everyone lives in this little bookstore? That's a bit of a tricky question. Let's just say, the basement is pretty spacious.

Character Sheet:
Name: (Real, Nickname or Both)
Race:Get creative and have fun with this (Simple as Human-Witch or anything
Job: (position in the Book store or in the city if human)
Personality:
Human Appearance: Description and/or pictures are welcome.
Magic Appearance: Description and/or pictures are welcome.
Bio: Optional.

Positions to apply for:
Clerk: Handles purchases
Stocking: Handles shelving of all materials; This can be books, technology, maps, posters, disks, tomes, scrolls, food, toys, and anything for sale
Floor assistant: People in the store that assist customers in finding what they need in the store.
Maintenance: Handles upkeep of the store and the living complex.
Cafe Chef: Prepares meals and pastries for the Cafe
Barista: Prepares beverages for the Cafe
Server: Handles orders in the cafe or library and brings out orders
Janitor: Maintains the store's and complexes cleanliness.
Security: Ensures safety and prevents theft of materials.

You can also, just be a regular customer.

This rp has a soft overarching plot but mostly this is a very slice of life rp and it will become what you make it. Don't be afraid to add to the narrative. PM me if you have questions or ideas and have fun.

Last edited by Ben on Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: The Way We Were
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:36 am 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Name: Rune
Sex: Male
Race: Fairy
Job: Owner
Personality: Rune loves being social, whether that be helping someone out, or just having a talk over coffee, the fairy is more than happy to do so. A bit of a perfectionist, he does have the tendency to overwork himself and even ignore his own needs until a job is done to his satisfaction. Some have also said that the fairy can be a bit of a flirt, and has used this several times in the past to his advantage. With all his grandeur, Rune chides himself on his weakness around the sight or smell of blood. One would think with his skills in healing it wouldn't be such a problem, but Rune will admit (never out loud) the he has fainted because of it before.

Human Appearance:
- Minus the pointy ears
Human Appearance | +

Magic Appearance:
- Same as his human appearance except with large Monarch patterned wings, and pointed ears

Bio: Rune has lived through countless years of open hostility towards supernatural beings. He had always gone into hiding in various countries around the world, focusing on his studies while keeping his identity hidden. That is until he was discovered and his wings, one of his favourite features, were destroyed, leaving him broken and vulnerable until they healed. This likely started his hatred of his wings being touched unless he gives the okay. Disappearing for a few decades, Rune watched as other magical and supernatural beings were attacked, some taken to show off to the rest of the human rest, some even killed. Flash forward to the modern day, Rune still has a deep seated dislike of humans (though there are a few he's fond of) and knew he had to do something. Thus, the bookshop where those seeking shelter could do so while staying relatively under the radar.

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:20 pm 

SHE'S DEAD!

Name: F'nano Estachi (goes by Fes)
Sex: Male
Race: Homunculus-Witch
Job: Tenant Supervisor, Second in Command
Personality: At times, Fes can be a bit of a fireball, his temper can flare and he can get a bit harsh with his words. Most of the time, the man is impish and playful; he spends most of his free time casting illusions and immersing people into their reading experience. With his employees, he's very firm and assertive, not allowing his small stature or youthful appearance to color people's impression of him. Though people think it might offend him, he's actually unbothered by being called cute, in fact, it seems to make his day. He likes to tease his close friends and he's even known to pull pranks on people he likes. When it comes to commands from the boss, he's confident, focused and no nonsense. When it comes to romance, he's a total mess.
Appearance: Because of his lineage, Fes is lucky enough to look like a small human male at all times. The boy is scraping 5 feet tall with a thin build and small soft facial features. His skin is a light red oak and he possesses a fiery orange mane of straight brushed back hair with down-turned saucer-plate eyes to match. During the day, he tones down the color to a more natural shade of orange-brown. His eyebrows are angled with a high arch, contrasting with his facial features to make him look like he's always up to something devilish. During work he is normally dressed in khaki carpenter pants a long sleeve button up and a pair of light brown leather shoes. At night, he prefers more freedom, wearing either shorts, or athleisure pants, long-sleeve t-shirts or hoodies of all colors and designs, and canvas shoes if he can't be barefoot.
Bio: To be Revealed.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:40 pm 

looking for active people

Medals: 4
Most Patient (1) 1st Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Name: Acelesius Deamonica
Nickname: Celes, mostly because people can not pronounce his actual name properly
Sex: male
Race: demon
Job: Floor assistent
Personality: basically a happy-go-lucky kind of guy. He has his cool moments but mostly he is just fun.
Appearance:
Human is basically without the wings, claws, sharp teeth, pointy ears and stuffs, and his normal demon appearance is with all the stuffs ^^
Bio: Usually hides his wings even in demonic form. Is good at fire related stuff, flying, morphing into different beasts. Sucks at sorcery and summoning, pretty sad for a demon to be bad at these. As a demon he is not neccessarily a good person, but he has attended a school to learn how to be good and that helped a little. When he gives costumers directions they are always true, but rarely the shortest way to get to the book they want. He also tends to play with fire and has to watch out (resist) burning the books

Reply time: max. 1-2 weeks. Please send me a reminder (pm, ping, chatroom) if my reply is overdue ^^

here is my Resume<-do read it for better understanding

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:27 pm 

Floating

Name - Kitner “Kit” Merci

Age - 18

Sex - Male

Race - Kitti

Job - Server

Personality - From a glance he doesn’t look like much more than the average “I’m an angsty teenager with nothing better to do than listen to music and brood” which can be true, however if you think for the majority of the time you are sorely mistaken. He is always almost always in a good mood, alothough his mood tends to swing violently. One moment happiest kitti alive the next... you might wanna start running. A few choice words here, a scratch there and some fear will calm him down. That or they just knock him out. When he is a slight shade of mad Kit will look at you with a death glare and probably scratch you with too sharp finger nails but normally a little joke will pick him right back up.

Appearance - Image (imagine the talk more cat like though.) 5’6 in height

Human Appearance - Everything but the tail and ears. His eyes are solid blue

Bio - He served in Kinamar as prince. He was hidden however as a servant too keep assassins from getting to the future ruler. As he came of age it was time to marry him off. The only problem, he was fated to marry his killer. He's been hiding from this assassin ever since. To stay hidden he went to this land, a land, seemingly, without magic. At least until he stumbled into the cafe. There he stays hidden and safe with people he considers friends.

Fun Facts - Kit’s magical ability’s include, healing, battle and elemental, however using amy of these causes him to turn into a nearly pure white kitten with the exception of one black ear and become very sleepy. This can last for up to a 24 hours. Using all of them gives him a comatose state for up to a week. His elements are choice usually air and water. And yes, he knows that’s ironic.

“Out the five of us there are two Slytherins, a Hufflepuff, a Gryffindor and a Ravenclaw. And the griffindor is the only straight one.... My god it’s a Hogwarts rainbow.” Ravenclaw

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:13 pm 

I'm ALIVE! I think...

Mentor

Medals: 3
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (7)

Name: Mizu Conventina
Sex: Female
Race: Water Nymph
Job: Stocking
Personality: Mizu is closed off from others, keeping to herself and her job. She doesn't trust anyone and prefers to be on her own in her own space doing her own thing. She can get snappy if someone is too pushy with her and doesn't care to make friends. She stays away from customers and prefers stocking the shelves over conversations. She tends to books very carefully and a perfectionist on where they go and how they should be and seems to have a great fondness for them over any other human/creature. She prefers reading to any interaction what so ever. She'll mostly ignore everyone who tries to talk to her. She is, however, a closet hopeless romantic that wants to be swept off her feet by a dangerous badass and may end up having secret crushes on trouble makers.
Human Appearance: Sort of a gothic look to her. Short black hair with blue and green highlights. Dark eyeliner around blue eyes and dark lipstick. Pale skin. Tends to wear mostly darker clothing, jeans and a black t-shirt are her go-to outfit.
Magic Appearance: Changes significantly to having long blue hair, blue eyes, pale skin, and can be seen wearing clothing made out of leaves, a white or blue clothe himation (long clothe wrapped around and held together in center), or running around naked.
Bio: Having been chased all her life by touchy feely Greek Gods with wondering hands, Mizu left Greece to try and find a new place to stay safe and away from silly hormonal gods. She find this wonderful bookstore where no one bothered her and she could lose herself in the silly romance- I mean sci-fi books!

Image: Image

Name: Maryland "Mary" Coral
Sex: Female
Race: Witch
Job: Interviewing for Clerk position
Personality: Mary is a cheerful and perky person. Shy at first with new comers but is easily taken out of her shell, especially when it comes to her favorite subject: books. She likes books about spacey thingies, and books about heroes, and books about real life history! She really likes the history ones. She's childish and clumsy, would be a horrible stocker (Mizu will hate her). Easily lost and confused with directions, barely found her way to Rune's booksore (she's not entirely sure how it happened but it did). Honestly, she's like an adorable child. You'll love her.
Human Appearance: Bright curly disorganized ginger hair that is an absolute mess. Freckles everywhere. Green eyes that are constantly looking widely at everything like she's seeing things for the first time (which is a very big possibility for her). Wears the most oddly mismatched socks everyday that go up to her knees, all of them very colorful and hard to miss. Generally in a long skirt, almost like a school girl skirt and always a nice button up shirt or blouse that's always tucked in with wide glasses on her face that are always falling off and she never, ever, ever catches them.
Magic Appearance: Pretty much the exact same look, except her eyes get a little bit more brighter and her dressing becomes more witchy but the mismatched socks remain. Sometimes the glasses disappear, though most likely because she lost them.
Bio: New to magic even though she's a witch. She grew up living a normal human life until suddenly things start to levitate around her though she's learned to ignore it for the most part. Other people still freak out for some reason. She's currently trying to find a job to help pay for her tuition and she was told the Rune's Bookstore was hiring! By who? Uh... That person! *Slowly creeps away*

Image: Image

PS: I WANT IN FUZZYKINS! <3 <3

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:32 pm 

Floating

Hey Yue. Mary and Kit should be friends. Probably because they would get along well. Maybe not at first like tripped over on the way to the interview.... Flashforward a couple days they meet again. Better and boom next time bffs

Orrrrr fast friends. Be like oh my god it's my fated BFF because they connect on some extra deep level.

“Out the five of us there are two Slytherins, a Hufflepuff, a Gryffindor and a Ravenclaw. And the griffindor is the only straight one.... My god it’s a Hogwarts rainbow.” Ravenclaw

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:39 pm 

I'm ALIVE! I think...

Mentor

3rd Year (1)

Yes!!! They'd be good friends xD Very good friends!

Edit: Mmm, I'm thinking probably the first one. Accidentally meeting on the way to the interview or something and then they start working together and develop a friendship sort of thing. xD

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:22 pm 

Floating

Sounds great. So I noticed you said she was clumsy maybe that is involved with their meeting and first impression of one another.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:34 pm 

I'm ALIVE! I think...

Mentor

3rd Year (1)

Mmm maybe she like trips over herself and knocks into Kit?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:47 pm 

Floating

Maybe but is this pre power reveal or post because that also gauges a reaction. Because angry human side and angry magical side are two very different things.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:58 pm 

I'm ALIVE! I think...

Mentor

3rd Year (1)

Uuuuuuhhhhh
Mind drawing blank. You mean if it's night or day? I'm thinking it's day, in the morning.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:07 am 

Floating

Okay. So in the early morning when people can't be bothered for fear of their wrath. Sound good?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:09 am 

I'm ALIVE! I think...

Mentor

3rd Year (1)

Yep!! Sounds great! :D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:44 am 

SHE'S DEAD!

The IC is up, yo: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=52905

Make posts and be merry.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:15 pm 

looking for active people

Medals: 4
Most Patient (1) 1st Year (1)

btw is there a post order of some sorts?
I guess I missed that somewhere along the lines

Reply time: max. 1-2 weeks. Please send me a reminder (pm, ping, chatroom) if my reply is overdue ^^

here is my Resume<-do read it for better understanding

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:19 pm 

I'm ALIVE! I think...

Mentor

3rd Year (1)

From what I understand, there is no posting order. Or at least a loose posting order, you'll have to check the first few OOC postings (I know it's in there somewhere). I've been meaning to post for awhile but I have a lot of on my plate right now. After the move and this weekend I will probably make a post.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:48 pm 

Floating

I don’t think so...

Post subject: The Way We Were
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:34 pm 

I have returned

Hm, I got a character I might like to try here. You still need a barista or chef by chance?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:51 pm 

I'm ALIVE! I think...

Mentor

3rd Year (1)

I know Benny hasn't been much and has been a tad bit busy and he'll have to be the deciding factor probably but I do know the RP is free for joining. You may try PMing Ben about it if you're interested Jack :D

Now that I think about it, the posting order may have been decided in the group chat room rather than on here. But I'm almost certain there is no posting order! Like 95%!