All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:27 pm 

“Even if you can't see me, even if you can't hear me, I'll be by your side.”

Blog: View Blog (1)

"American" is not a language; "American English" is a dialect of English. "Americans write and speak differently than citizens of England" is just barely true. The differences between the two dialects are limited and superficial. There is no problem of mutual unintelligibility.

Click Me!

Here is a link to my: characters

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:49 pm 

Hello everyone. Please feel free to speak to me. I am so lonely.

In my world it is. In my eyes, it is. I am proud to be an American and I shall not change this thought for anyone for any amount of money.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:58 pm 

Yeah, well, just know that in the REAL world, American is not a language. It is a dialect. I'm American too, but I don't go around saying that I speak American. I speak English. Easy as cherry pie. And the complete truth.

Click Me!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:50 pm 

How many people want to have a place where you will write in a Grimoire? I have a Wiki Site where I am collecting information on this RP series and the kinds of things that I have tried. I have things from other times that I have run this RP and I am trying to see what works best in what situation. Please let me know if you do. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:51 pm 

I am closing this version of the academy since there is very little going on. If you wish to join the Omega version, feel free to go to: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=52435

I am sorry to do this but I come here to write and RP.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:13 am 

Wait, so you're dropping it?

Click Me!

PostThis post was deleted by Shadow_Heart on Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:45 am.
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:19 am 

Yes. I need to combine the two so that I have a decent size school. Unless we get more people interested in this one. I need 6 people to fully test the new components of RP.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:53 pm 

How many want to continue this RP? Honestly and truly want to continue and will post daily? I need an active group of RPers which in my eyes means posting at least once a day.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:04 pm 

I do, but I can't write EVERY day! I have work, and other priorities irl. I'm sorry that I have a life, but that's just how it is. That, and I can't just dish out replies, I like to make my posts good. This may be Beta, but that just means it is open to any style of writing, and that's how I write. Plus I don't like writing sporadically, I like to let others take a turn too.

Click Me!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:06 pm 

And you should know that since you yourself say you have a grandson. In your friggin signature, you write that he's your priority. So yeah, sorry to say this, but we have OUR priorities too.

Click Me!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:00 pm 

Perhaps I have more time on my hands than most people. And yes while his parents are away, he is my primary concern. But this is the only other thing I have to do in my life. I don't have much but that is how it is. When a person can't go places and do things like others can.

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:34 am 

Medals: 6
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (1)
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

I would like it continue. I can probably write at least most days, if not every day, at present (I won't promise every day because stuff happens), however, I am starting graduate school on August 16th, and I will still be working 40-50 hours a week, so I am not entirely certain how much free time I will have once that begins. It is online, so I imagine I can still manage to get in a post most days, but as I do not know exactly how much work it will be, I don't want to promise something I am not sure I can deliver. That said, I'd still like to continue. Even if you just keep this as sort of a side RP and focus most of your attention on your other. I don't see what harm that will do, if you aren't planning to try to restart it entirely with a different group.

I certainly understand wanting a RP to move quickly, especially in a situation such as yours, but I also understand all too well that sometimes it isn't feasible for people who work and/or go to school and such to post every day, especially if they have other RPs that also require their attention.

Personally, I think it's worth being patient in order to have a better RP with better writers. We have a pretty good group or writers here, which isn't always the case is beta, and certainly isn't in omega, so I would really like to see this continue, even if it has to be at a slower pace than what we may have hoped for. That's just my two cents, though. You can take it with a grain of salt. :)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:02 pm 

I have heard from 2 people. Both want the RP to continue.
My thoughts are that even though I have a schedule that I would like to keep and an objective hidden behind this RP, I will keep it running as it is running. It will be a slower RP and IF I forget to post on it, I want someone to nudge me. I will make a list of things I want to do for this level and edit it into the first post so I don't get lost. I will edit the first post when we get each part done.

Is this agreeable? And if anyone want to move to the other one which I will run faster, you may do so. Of course you may be in both RPS.

Any questions or comments, let's hear it now, please.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:54 pm 

Medals: 4
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)

Name: Mishon
Likes: She likes rock music, rollerblading, skateboarding, swimming, playing with fire, camping, fly fishing, & longs for adventure.
Dislikes: Hates her sleepy small town of Blueville. Is board and longs to get away. She hates rudeness and being bullied. She stands up for herself and will pitch in w/o being asked.
Personality: Mishon is a good friend to those close to her. She will listen and not tell anyone what to do. She respects others opinions. She will do anything to out of her town. She is a talker when nervous.
History:
She was born to a laborer and housewife in a town of 3000 people. She is the youngest of two daughters. She has had a normal childhood in a loving family. She has a tendency to gab too much when she is nervous and in new situations. She settles down after feeling secure. She is a bit high strung and needs lots of exercise to spend her energy. She is easy to get along with. She is curious if thing are kept from her...like surprises or told not to enter. She has her favorite food and will try a new food once. She likes fire and when she enters a room sometimes objects fill fall or move.

Rank of the Basic 4 (Fire, Water, Earth, Air/Wind):
1) Fire
2) Air
3) Water
4)Earth

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:45 pm 

I'm dropping from the RP. That last post made it impossible for me to continue with this.

Click Me!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:50 pm 

I am sorry to hear this. I am assuming that the strict military school was not your style.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:52 pm 

Medals: 6
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

I'm sorry, but I signed up for a magical academy. To have fun and learn magic. Not to play a prisoner forced against her will to learn magic from someone that she couldn't possibly respect. Ignoring the ridiculous notion that you aren't an adult until you're 50, she essentially kidnapped them and is holding them prisoner against their will, treating them like delinquent children when they've done nothing wrong. That is not what I signed up for. It's not enjoyable in the least. I was really looking forward to this, too. :(

Maybe let people know ahead of time that this is a prison/military academy and not a fun school, given that most people (obviously) expect something different.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:56 pm 

That is the hidden aspect of this RP version. Just like the Omega one is just the opposite. I am trying new things to see what works and what does not work. And the reason why. Thank you for trying this way and I will make notes of your responses.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:03 pm 

Medals: 4
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)

I am able to post nearly everyday. Do you want me to go to Omega... if so, I will meet you there.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next