All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:52 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

This is the Out of Character thread for the Mega Man (& friends) RP called Eternal Legacy. This is also where you would find the Profile Cards for each of the characters, as well as specific guidelines for this RP and other assorted things related therein.

-Guidelines-
while these are not rules per se, it is advised that you at least adhere to these a little bit. you still need to follow the site rules, but that's a given.

1. You can control more than one character. I'd recommend at least three, given the scope.
2. This RP takes place entirely in a composite universe involving the fusion of all the Mega Man universes. There are still elements from other games, such as terminology and technology, that can be involved. If you're not sure what a particular term means in the context of the RP, you can always look it up and ask.
3. Certain characters fit better within a particular timeline than others. For instance, an Adept from the Azure Striker Gunvolt franchise would make more sense in some areas than a Battle Network character. If you're unsure, do contact me and I'll see what I can come up with.

-character cards-
the template for your characters, OC or otherwise. you can either PM me and I'll post the character profile here, or post it yourself.

NAME - your character's name.
GENDER - your character's gender identity.
AGE - your character's age. this is used for OCs primarily, though you can always ball park it for canons.
RACE - your character's race.
ORIGINAL ERA - your character's original era, i.e. the timeline they come from.
APPEARANCE - if you're using an OC, you have multiple options: drawing it yourself, describing it, or using anime pictures to give a general idea. If you're using a canon character, make sure to use art that depicts the canon character in question. in all cases, use spoiler tags so that a picture doesn't take up the entire page.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 3:18 pm 

The Happy RP salesman

Location: This is not the location you are looking for. Move along!
Medals: 6
GM of the Month (1) Completed RP (1)
Dedicated Partner (1) 1st Year (1)

NAME - Dr. Stormez Cryovantis
GENDER - Male
AGE - 37 (in human years)
RACE - Wolf
ORIGINAL ERA - Alt. 50XX Alt. (yes, two alts.)
APPEARANCE-
Attachment:
File comment: Stormez appearance
Stormez.jpg
Stormez.jpg [ 13.66 KiB | Viewed 4684 times ]

Backstory: Born on Mosadia, an Alternate Dimension Mobius, he was raised with the highest education possible, and immediately showed promise. When he passed his exams in school, it was revealed his IQ was 298, the Mosadian ruler began to fear that Stormez was preparing to take over his empire. When he was targeted by a royal assassin, his family was murdered and he was left traumatized. His brush with death made him run to the Ultimate Quartz, the equivalent of the Master Emerald on Mosadia(the Mobius of his dimension). In his haste, he made a deal with the Guardian that If he was allowed to live and was given the power to protect, he would do the unthinkable. He would merge with Chaos itself. Chaos immediately agreed and merged with his vital organs and bloodstream, occupying his right eye's vision. However, to keep his end of the deal, Chaos transported the wolf and his daughter to Mobius and separated them. Stormez has since set up a lab in Mobotropolis, hidden from Eggman and known only to a select few Teams. Among them are Team Dark and The Freedom Fighters. he is a genius and can replicate the inventions of Doctor Eggman with minimal effort, and reprogram them for his purposes. unfortunately, he seems to be bitter towards Rockman, as he reminds him too much of the assassin that killed his wife and son, even though they are from separate dimensions.

NAME - Ray Cryovantis
GENDER - Identifies as Female
AGE - 16(in human years)
RACE - Chaos being
ORIGINAL ERA- Alt. 50XX Alt. (I know. another double alt. so sue me.)
Appearance - has none of her own. must mimic that of someone else.
Backstory: She has Been searching for her family, unaware that two of them are dead, and also unaware that her father is the reason she was transported to Mobius. She travels quite often, having to steal the forms of others in order to stay alive. Using the Chaos Emeralds power, however, she hopes to gain a form of her own.

NAME - M.A.C.T.U.M.O.S.(Mobian Automaton Capable of Thought Using a Maximized Operating System)
GENDER - Identifies as Male
AGE - 6(in Mobian years)
RACE - Robot
ORIGINAL ERA- 50XX Alt.
Appearance - He is a robot composed of various stolen bits and pieces of Eggman's vast army. if one was to compare his appearance to something, it would be a cross between Metal Sonic and E-123 Omega, with Knuckles color scheme.
Backstory: Built in Stormez's lab, he has the most advanced Operating System known to Mobius. the only comparison is metal sonic whom he despises. he follows Stormez and Ray's orders avidly unless the direct result of doing so is his death. he has been upgraded several times in the past to accommodate the team's missions and acts as a bodyguard to Stormez.

Shoulder Demon: (Looking at controls of train) "Let's see how many times we can wreck this thing before we're all dead."

Shoulder Angel: "Are you crazy?!?!?! you'll get us all killed!!!!!!"

Shoulder Demon: "That's the idea, Moron!"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 3:52 pm 

Always Looking For RP Partners

So we could play as any character from any video game?

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 6:49 pm 

not entirely. A full list of games' characters I'm allowing are as follows:

Mega Man Main Franchise (Classic, X, Zero, ZX, Legends)
Mega Man Subfranchise (Battle Network, Star Force)
Sonic the Hedgehog Franchise (up to Sonic Generations
Azure Striker Gunvolt (created by Inti Creates, behind the later Mega Man titles)
Mighty No. 9 (created by the same dude behind Mega Man, though not nearly as good)
Gunstar Super Heroes (and specifically Gunstar Super Heroes, not the Genesis original)
Pulseman (a Game Freak game for the Mega Drive that acts similar to Mega Man)
Strider (another futuristic Capcom game, this one with ninjas.)
Street Fighter (needs no introduction, has crossed over with Mega Man before.)

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:12 pm 

CANON - Megaman "Trigger" Voulnutt
GENDER - Male
AGE - 18
RACE - Carbon (basically a harder-to-kill human)
ORIGINAL ERA - 50XX "Legend Era"
APPEARANCE - click on the spoiler tag:

A young digger who travels the world in search of quantum refractor shards, Megaman Voulnutt (also known as Mega Man Trigger, which gave him his nickname) was looking for the Mother Lode, which led to going up to Star Colony Elysium. He's been up there for a few years, though apparently time flows a little differently in Elysium. Voulnutt's Special Digger Armor suit can be modified to fit various kinds of weaponry, but though it's technically the most technologically advanced and modular of all Mega Man armor suits -most of it designed by his spotter and adopted sister Roll Caskett- it pales in comparison to older tech (like 23XX's biometals). He's got a sense of humor, and often finds himself in awkward situations, but is still very capable of defending his friends. He is classified as the last in the Mega Man line.

CANON - Syakuei "Pulseman" Yoshiyama
RACE: demi-human (a human with special abilities, the forerunner to 23XX's adepts)
ORIGINAL ERA - 20XX "Wily Wars"
APPEARANCE:
Pulseman
Syakuei (appearance based on Heizou Fuuma)

A high schooler studying at Taiyo High School, Syakuei Yoshiyama, better known as the electrical warrior Pulseman, can easily be compared to a tokusatsu hero. Having the ability to conduct and manipulate electrical energy, Pulseman is a superhero on par with Mega Man, often mistaken for a sidekick, though the two are good friends outside of school. Pulseman's electrical abilities range from merely recharging a cell phone to electromagnetic pulse waves to, most commonly, discharging lightning bolts from his hands and charging a electric-physical shinespark-like attack often referred to as Volt Tackle. He is not part of the Mega Man line, though he considers Rock a dear friend. Though not the most physically strong and weak to water (he can swim, but he loses electrical powers in water) he's quick to make friends and slow to forget them.

CANON - DRN002 Roll Light
RACE: Android
ORIGINAL ERA: 20XX
APPEARANCE:

DRN002 Roll Light, an android created by Dr. Thomas Light to assist with housekeeping duties, is Mega Man's sister and research/development support unit, though she is equipped with a next generation plasma buster in case fighting breaks out. Recently though, she's been training under Strider Hiryu, Special-A Class high tech mercenary, to become a better fighter; in fact the two of of them fight in circuits around town whenever possible. While a bit of a scaredy-cat and slightly less than optimally built (in fact a glitch in her systems causes her to overclock under stress, in a similar vein to hyperactivity), she's a capable fighter and inventor.