All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:33 am 

“Even if you can't see me, even if you can't hear me, I'll be by your side.”

Blog: View Blog (1)

I don't even have a side character yet ^~^ I meant what are the limitations in who they can be, abilities, etc.

Here, this is the character I was planning on using for my side:

Side Character/Follower: Yu Narukami

Appearance: Image

Place the character is from: Persona 4
Weapons of choice: Two Handed Sword, Persona Cards (main being Izanagi: http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Izanagi)
Bio of avatar: A bit of a long story, too many spoilers if you haven't played the game/watched the anime.
He is a high school student who moves to the countryside of Inaba to live with his uncle Ryotaro Dojima and cousin Nanako Dojima for a year as a result of his parents working abroad, and attends Yasogami High School.

The protagonist first appears in the Velvet Room, where he encounters Igor and his assistant, Margaret. Igor remarks that a mystery awaits, and it is his fate to discover it. The protagonist later awakens from his subconscious, and reminiscences about his old school.

Upon reaching Yasoinaba, the protagonist meets up with his uncle and his cousin. On the way back, Dojima stops by the gas station, and the protagonist is welcomed by an attendant of Moel Gas Station, who offers him a job. The attendant gives the protagonist a handshake and shortly after he begins to feel somewhat sick, but dismisses it as car sickness as they go on their way.

After the protagonist falls asleep at the Dojima Residence, he awakens in a fog-ridden area. He hears a voice, telling him to follow it if he wishes to find the truth. The protagonist eventually encounters a presence, but the heavy fog makes it impossible to see the other person. The voice claims to be intrigued by the protagonist and decides to lend him his power for the time being.

The next day, the protagonist enrolls in Yasogami High School and befriends Chie Satonaka and Yukiko Amagi; and then make friends with Yosuke Hanamura the next morning after helping him from his accident. Chie later tells the protagonist and Yosuke about the rumor of the Midnight Channel and asks them to try it out. The protagonist also meets Saki Konishi, an upperclassman and Yosuke's senpai who is working at Junes.

Later that night, the protagonist tries to gain access to the Midnight Channel and sees a blurred image of a female student in his TV. Intrigued, the protagonist touches the screen of his TV and discovers that he can reach his hand inside. The TV pulls him in but gets stuck instead because the TV screen was too small. He manages to pull himself out and accidentally knocks himself on the head.

The next morning, the protagonist, Yosuke, and Chie have a discussion about their discovery and come to the conclusion that they all saw the same female student. The protagonist tells Yosuke and Chie about how he was sucked into the TV, and the latter assume it was a weird dream. The trio goes to the electronics department of Junes and goes over the TV sets on display. The protagonist tries to re-enter the TV this time, using a wide-screen TV large enough to insert his body in. Seeing the protagonist stuck midway inside the TV, Yosuke, and Chie accidentally push them into the TV, and the three fall on the Midnight Channel. Eventually, they encounter a bear named Teddie who urges them to leave.

The next day, during a school assembly, the team learns that Saki had passed away in a violent accident. Devastated, Yosuke swears to investigate the Midnight Channel, and they conclude that the female student they witnessed on the Midnight Channel must have been her. He asks the protagonist to help him, due to his capability to enter the TV. The protagonist and Yosuke then enter the Midnight Channel, leaving Chie behind to keep her from harm. Inside the Midnight Channel, the protagonist and Yosuke once again encounter the bear, who introduces himself as Teddie. Infuriated by their presence, Teddie angrily accuses them of being responsible for "throwing people" inside the Midnight Channel. Upon learning that the protagonist and Yosuke aren't responsible, Teddie makes the pair promises to help find the culprit, and gives them a pair of glasses, allowing them to see through the fog in the Midnight Channel.

During their investigation at the Twisted Shopping District, the protagonist and Yosuke are ambushed by monsters that Teddie calls Shadows. The protagonist hears a voice, calling out to him to awaken his true self, and is presented with a card. Crushing it triggers the awakening of his initial Persona, Izanagi, and dispatches the Shadows. Bewildered by his power, Teddie is intrigued by the protagonist and comes to respect him.

The protagonist and Yosuke later end up in a liquor store, owned by Saki's family. Inside, they hear an inner voice of Saki expressing her hatred towards Yosuke for being annoying, and Junes for ruining her family's business. While Yosuke is devastated by this revelation, another 'Yosuke' makes his entrance and mocks him for hating having a boring life and wanting to be the hero that would solve the case of Saki's death. Yosuke's continuous declination of his shadow's taunts causes the other 'Yosuke' to berserk and attack them. The protagonist defeats the shadow using his Persona, and Yosuke is forced to come to terms with his true feelings, which awakens his first Persona, Jiraiya. The protagonist and Yosuke leave the Midnight Channel and are scolded by a worried Chie in the real world.

Later that night, the protagonist tries to tune in the Midnight Channel again and encounters a blurry image of a young woman in a kimono. Yosuke concludes that it is an image of Yukiko Amagi, which was similar to what Yukiko wore during a TV interview. To further complicate the issue, Yukiko hasn't been showing up to the school, and Chie becomes worried. Yukiko later reveals she's been busy helping out at her family inn and has been forced to skip school. However, still worried, Yosuke suggests the protagonist tune in the Midnight Channel tonight as well.

One night, the protagonist encounters a show called "Princess Yukiko's Search for Prince Charming" in the Midnight Channel, where Yukiko is dressed up as a princess in a journey of scoring herself a "hot stud," or a Prince Charming. As Yukiko's behavior in the TV was rather bizarre and out of character, Yosuke calls the protagonist and suggests to meet up in the Junes Food Court the next morning.

The protagonist, along with Yosuke and Chie, eventually sets out to rescue Yukiko. Along the way, Chie faces herself and receives her own Persona. The protagonist, Yosuke, and Chie later create the Investigation Team dedicated to investigate the origins of the Midnight Channel and solve the bizarre murder cases. Through the team's activity within the Midnight Channel, however, they all express the same question upon the protagonist's latent skill of invoking his Persona without having to face his other self.

Throughout the course of the year, the protagonist rescues Kanji Tatsumi, Rise Kujikawa, and Naoto Shirogane. All three of them join the Investigation Team.

As the story progress, the protagonist receives an anonymous threat letter telling him to stop his activities of saving people. Despite the team's worries, they've decided to continue watching the Midnight Channel. The protagonist eventually receives the threat again. This time, however, the letter directly tells the protagonist that if he does not stop his actions, someone close to him will die.

The letter was later discovered by Ryotaro Dojima, and upon thinking the protagonist's possible connection with the recent murder cases, the protagonist was detained at the police station. Yu tries to tell Dojima the full truth of what's been going on, but Dojima doesn't believe him in the slightest. Dojima eventually coerces the protagonist to spend a night in the police station, but at midnight, he is shocked to see Nanako's silhouette in the Midnight Channel, who is revealed to have been abducted. The Investigation Team eventually discovers the identity of Nanako's kidnapper, based on bits of information salvaged by Dojima. The Investigation Team finds out the true murderer is actually Taro Namatame, the lover of Mayumi Yamano, the first victim. The protagonist is asked to save Nanako at Dojima's request, as Dojima was injured in a car crash while trying to chase Namatame.

The Investigation Team eventually succeeds in saving Nanako in Heaven, but her health begins to deteriorate critically after her exposure to the Midnight Channel, inevitably falling into a coma.

On December 3rd, the protagonist is rushed to the hospital since Nanako's health has suddenly worsened. Unfortunately, Nanako dies. The Investigation Team eventually manages to sneak in Namatame's ward. Grief-ridden and devastated, members of Investigation Team try to kill Namatame by pushing him through his hospital room's TV. Depending on the protagonist' decisions of dealing with Namatame, Nanako may die or awaken.

There are several endings as well, good, bad, true, etc. I won't go into details.

True Ending:

The True Ending takes up following the events of Ameno-sagiri's defeat. Similarly to the Normal Ending, the protagonist decides to visit his friends one last time. Prior to leaving the Dojima Residence, Nanako gives to protagonist a letter. After bidding farewell to his friends, should the protagonist decide to regroup the Investigation Team one last time in Junes, the True Ending unlocks. The letter states Adachi's feeling of uneasiness despite his game is over and it is up to the protagonist to solve it.

The Investigation Team eventually realizes that Ameno-sagiri said that those who have awakened their powers are supposed to play their roles to override the world with shadows as well, which implies an existence of a conductor who gave the protagonist, Adachi and Namatame their power to enter the TV as well as their Personas. Igor would later then tell the protagonist that he is going to grasp a truth even his powers cannot predict, and he will play a role in assisting the protagonist. Igor then gives the protagonist the Orb of Sight, which erases lies and reveals the truth, playing an important part of the final boss fight.

Reminiscing his actions during his first visit to Yasoinaba, the protagonist remembers the gas station attendant and eventually goes to visit her during the rain. The attendant reveals that she took an interest in the protagonist's potential, and decided to give his powers a little push through their handshake. The attendant also mentions that Adachi, Namatame and many others are awakened by her as well. She stirred the spark in the protagonist so he could awaken other peoples' Personas, and fulfill their role in her experiment.

However, the protagonist's power of the Wild Card is something the attendant did not foresee. The attendant also reveals that Ameno-sagiri is actually birthed from an aspect of her. Chastising the protagonist's greed to reach out for the truth, the attendant finally reveals her true identity: the great goddess Izanami. Izanami then tells the protagonist that since he is so determined to stop her, she shall await the protagonist in the other world, but tells him that he should also have the preparation to accept his loss towards her as well.

Persona 4 FINAL Boss Izanami-no-Okami Expert49:25
Izanagi-no-Okami boss and True Ending.
In the protagonist's final confrontation with Izanami, he uses the Orb of Sight, revealing Izanami is already dead, as she loses her current form and reveals her true form, Izanami-no-Okami. When Izanami-no-Okami is on the verge of being defeated, she tries to send the protagonist to the underworld with her "Thousand Curses," but her attacks are repeatedly intervened in by the protagonist's comrades, each shielding him from harm. After falling to the curse himself, the protagonist hears the voices of his friends, telling him to continue fighting. Accumulating the power of the bonds he forged, the protagonist channels the powers of his Social Links to his initial Persona, Izanagi, transmogrifying Izanagi into his true form, Izanagi-no-Okami. Returning to the battle and enduring all of Izanami's assaults, he summons Izanagi-no-Okami defeating Izanami with Myriad Truths.

Upon Izanami's defeat, Izanami tells the Investigation Team that she will no longer interfere with humanity, and encourages them to live their lives with their own decisions, though she cannot ensure their happiness. Igor would later tell the protagonist that due to his efforts, the fog within humanity's hearts has finally lifted, and tells them to see the bright future of the world he had created with his own eyes. The fog on the Midnight Channel was lifted, revealing a beautiful, peaceful land which Teddie remembers was once the world he lived in. The story ends with the protagonist bidding a heartfelt farewell to his friends and leaves Yasoinaba. As the train leaves the station, the protagonist pulls out a group picture of the friends that he spent his year in Inaba with while Teddie's voice is heard in the background, promising that someday they will meet again.

Animation Ending:

"I was afraid of a future without my friends, afraid of leaving everyone behind and moving forward on my own...I don't want to be alone again, I've been alone, and I won't go back!"
—Shadow Yu, Persona 4 The Animation

At the end of Persona 4 The Animation, a single day keeps repeating itself in a time loop. It is revealed to have been caused by Yu's unease surrounding his relocation from Inaba which in turn, causes a Shadow Self to appear in the battle with Margaret. Appearing as a pile of televisions sets with Yu's image on them, this Shadow is not fought and is quickly accepted. Shadow Yu states that he was afraid of "a future without my friends," and that he would have to go on without them. Yu quickly agrees with his Shadow, stating that all he wants is to be with his friends, whether this fantasy is real or not. By then, Shadow Yu lifts into the air and transforms into Izanagi who delivers the final blow to Margaret's Persona.

(The biggest reasons I chose him is because I love the Persona series, and Yu is one of my favorite characters, mainly for his little sister complex and sense of humor)

Click Me!

Here is a link to my: characters

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:50 pm 

The Happy RP salesman

Location: This is not the location you are looking for. Move along!
Medals: 6
GM of the Month (1) Completed RP (1)
Dedicated Partner (1) 1st Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Approved @Shadow_Heart

Shoulder Demon: (Looking at controls of train) "Let's see how many times we can wreck this thing before we're all dead."

Shoulder Angel: "Are you crazy?!?!?! you'll get us all killed!!!!!!"

Shoulder Demon: "That's the idea, Moron!"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:28 am 

“Even if you can't see me, even if you can't hear me, I'll be by your side.”

Blog: View Blog (1)

I'm going to go ahead and add him to my last post if that's alright.

Click Me!

Here is a link to my: characters

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:52 pm 

The Happy RP salesman

Location: This is not the location you are looking for. Move along!
Medals: 6
GM of the Month (1) Completed RP (1)
Dedicated Partner (1) 1st Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Sure. go ahead

Sent from my Z831 using Tapatalk

Shoulder Demon: (Looking at controls of train) "Let's see how many times we can wreck this thing before we're all dead."

Shoulder Angel: "Are you crazy?!?!?! you'll get us all killed!!!!!!"

Shoulder Demon: "That's the idea, Moron!"