All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:43 pm 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Don't fret or immedietly run away if you don't know anything about the Lantern Corps! I will be trying my best to supply any and all information you may need to have some idea of what the heck is going on! If, even after reading through this, you have any questions don't hesitate to send me a PM/private chat/post here and ask away! I'd be glad to talk!

If, after reading through, you'd like more info on something, let me know and I'll do some research!

~Plot/Back Story~
No Man Escapes The Manhunters.

Once the protectors of the universe at the hands of the Guardians, the Manhunters took this code to their mechanical hearts a little more seriously than enforcing justice. They were forgotten and replaced with the living, and biological Lanterns. The Lanterns became the new protectors, in this universe anyway.

Lost to most, the history of the Manhunters of Earth-0's universe was reproduced in another universe, that of Earth-3, only this time it was in reverse. The Manhunters came back and became the prime 'protectors' of this universe, while the Lanterns became the enemy. Rage, Greed, Fear, and Death work on behalf of the Manhunters, while Will, Hope, Love, Compassion, and Life take their place as the bad guys of the universe.

Back in Earth-0's universe, a black hole has opened up near Sector 3601, the home of the Manhunters, as well as being uninhabitable to life and without a Green Lantern to protect it. Investigations have led to many Lanterns from all corps to disappear with no way of contacting them. Unknown to this universe, this black hole leads to Earth-3's universe, where the good are bad and the bad are good.

~Corps~
Red Lantern Corps | +

♦ Rage ♦

"With blood and rage of crimson red,
Ripped from a corpse so freshly dead,
Together with our hellish hate,
We'll burn you all--that is your fate!"

- Founded by Atrocitus from the rage he felt being imprisoned, as well as against the Guardians for their slaughter of his space sector.
- Upon accepting a Red Power Ring, the heart is made useless and the blood of the wielder is supercharged by the red light of hate and becomes like a powerful napalm to be used against their enemy. Energy constructs are also a weapon to be used, though very few do as their enraged mental state leaves them more focused on physical attacks.
- Their biggest weakness is their reliance on their Power Rings. The ring becomes their life support and, if lost, the Red Lantern will die -- avoidance of death is only possible through immediate medical attention, or the intervention of a Blue Lantern.
- Emotional Entity: The Butcher -- came into existence from the blood of the first murder victim
- The rage used to power a Red Lantern's ring is the rage gained through loss

Orange Lantern Corps | +

♦ Avarice - Greed ♦

Image"What's mine is mine and mine and mine.
And mine and mine and mine!
Not yours!"

- Wielders of the Orange Power Rings are constructs made by the only Orange Lantern, Larfleeze.
- Larfleeze and the Guardians had a treaty that the Orange Light would not be released upon the universe, and the Guardians wouldn't enter the Vega System. The Controllers however sought after the Orange Light to make it their own, and were slaughtered by Larfleeze's constructed army. This led to a break in the treaty.
- If there were more than one Orange Lantern, they would fight for the power until only one remained.
- Emotional Entity: Ophidian -- came into being when a snake became the first organism to eat something it didn't need.
- The constructed avatars are the victims of Larfleeze.

Yellow Lantern Corps | +

♦ Fear ♦

"In blackest day, in brightest night,
Beware your fears made into light.
Let those who try to stop what's right
Burn like my power Sinestro's might!"

- Co-created by the Anti-Monitor to advance his plans to feed upon the New Earth, and Multiverse, and Sinestro to instill fear into the universe and the Guardians
- Members are chosen for their ability to instill fear in the enemy. 
- Emotional Entity: Parallax -- came into being when a flying insect transformed into the fear it felt as it fled for its life.
- Imprisoned in the Green Lantern Central Power Battery, Parallax became the Yellow Impurity. This led to the weakness of the Green Lanterns, the color Yellow.

Green Lantern Corps | +

♦ Will ♦

"In brightest day, in blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight.
Let those who worship evil's might
Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!"

- Following the failure of the Manhunters, the Oans decided their next soldiers would be living beings and created the Power Rings. 
- Green Lanterns are chosen for their ability to overcome great fear.
- Green Lantern's are susceptible to a Red Lantern's fire, as well as their constructs can be absorbed by the Orange Light.
- Emotional Entity: Ion -- came into being as it was the first sentient being to tap into the power of the Green Light and become the living embodiment and source of willpower.
- Their Power Rings give form to the wearer's will and imagination, creating constructs as long as the wearer is focused and able to overcome fear. The ring can also create a protective shield for the bearer which is indestructible as long as the wearer's will doesn't overcome the limits of the ring.

Blue Lantern Corps | +

♦ Hope ♦

"In fearful day, in raging night,
With strong hearts full, our souls ignite.
When all seems lost in the War of Light,
Look to the stars, for hope burns bright!"

- Created by Ganthet and Sayd to bring hope to the universe, the rings were formed from the hope they themselves felt for the future.
- Each Blue Lantern is recruited by the most recent Lantern before them. They are questioned, and given an explanation to what the power of hope is, as well as agreement to the terms and conditions before being given the Blue Power Ring. 
- Blue Lanterns are seen as both the strongest and weakest of the Lantern Corps.
- Emotional Entity: Adara -- came into being as the first sentient being to experience hope, this was done through prayer.
- A Blue Lantern's weakness is that without a Green Lantern nearby, the power of the Blue Light is greatly reduced to those abilities of any common Lantern. There is no Hope without the Willpower to enact it.

Indigo Lantern Corps | +

♦ Compassion ♦

"Tor lorek san, bor nakka mur,
Natromo faan tornek wot ur.
Ter Lantern ker lo Abin Sur,
Taan lek lek nok--Formorrow Sur!"

- Formed when the power of Compassion was uncovered on the planet Nok, and used to turn aggressive explorers remorseful for their actions by Green Lantern Abin Sur, and Natromo.
- The Indigo Tribe is made up of mostly criminals who were forced to wear an Indigo Power Ring, filling them with remorse and "creating" a new individual. This was first done to a criminal named Iroque, now the leader of the tribe and renamed Indigo, or Indigo-1.
- The staffs used by the Tribe can be used to shoot indigo energy blasts, as well as recharge the power rings. The staffs can also channel the emotional energy of the other Lanterns and fire it back at them.
- Emotional Entity: Proselyte -- details of its creation are unknown.
- The Tribe speaks a language not recognized by the Green Lantern ring, but they can also speak English if they want to.

Violet Lantern Corps | +

♦ Love ♦

"For hearts long lost and full of fright,
For those alone in Blackest Night.
Accept our ring and join our fight,
Love conquers all with violet light!"

- Created by the Zamerons to collect the emotions of the spectrum, and spread and protect love in the universe both to promote order and to get revenge on males.
- Violet Power Rings are sent to those who have been loved and spurned, as well as those who have lost someone they love. This is to give love and fight in place of hate and fear. However, members can be inducted if it's in their best interests.
- Star Sapphires can be mentally compromised by their own power. Some lose a portion of their free will and follow the heart of their Power Battery, sometimes taking extreme measures to show their love.
- Emotional Entity: The Predator -- came into being when the Predator and love "ignited" into existance.

Black Lantern Corps | +

♦ Death ♦

"The Blackest Night falls from the skies,
The darkness grows as all light dies.
We crave your hearts and your demise,
By my black hand, the dead shall rise!"

- Originated when the Lord of the Unliving, Nekron, used the slain and dead as part of his plan to wage war against the Emotional Spectrum. The Black Lantern Battery contains the body of the Anti-Monitor, it being the source of the Battery's power.
- Black Lantern Power Rings have the ability to re-animate the dead, a healing/regenerative factor, and the bite of a Black Lantern transmitted an infection that would slowly kill the victim, making them one of their own.
- Re-animated members have a resemblance of death still yet regain all abilities, and powers they had in life. However, they are left soul-less, and with a warped mindset with a deepening belief in death. 
- Someone who died in a state of peace cannot be resurrected as a Black Lantern.
- A Black Lantern can't see something that doesn't feel any kind of emotion.

White Lantern Corps | +

♦ Life ♦

"In brightest day and brightest night, 
All darkness will dread my might, 
Virtuous energy of life ignite, 
Shine forth my power- White lantern's light!"

- Created when Hal Jordan absorbed the Entity of Life and spreads its power over many of Earth's superheros. Their combined powers allowed for the defeat of the Black Hand, and destruction of Nekron. 
- White Power Rings give the wearer an increased will to live. As the wearer embraces life, the power of the ring increases with no need to charge it (similar to a Black Power Ring).
- Many of the members were brought back from the dead and were given a task to complete to earn the life back.
- Seven original White Power Rings hold a part of the Life Equation, being too powerful to control by one person. These White Lanterns can bring their rings back together to restore the Life Equation should it be needed, but until then, they guard their parts.

~Rules~
- Site/Beta Rules
- Posting Frequency of at least once per week, with extensions available upon request (exceptions can be made, but talk to me first)
- Communicate with and respect others in the RP
- Communicate with me (problems, concerns, plot ideas, MIA's, friendly chatter, etc)

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:43 pm 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Regarding characters...

I would like if everyone would take a different corps and play as a member/members of that corps. Of course, if you think you can handle it, and no one else has done so, you may claim a second corps either from Earth-0 or Earth-3. Just bear in mind that those of Earth-3 have reversed roles of good/bad.

You can take a canon character, or create one of your own (or both), just fill out the brief form below!

Name:
Corps:
Earth:
Race:

Claimed:
Red Lanterns | +
Earth-0 --
Earth-3 --

Orange Lanterns | +
Earth-0 --
Earth-3 --

Yellow Lanterns | +
Earth-0 --
Earth-3 --

Green Lanterns | +
Earth-0 --
Earth-3 --

Blue Lanterns | +
Earth-0 --
Earth-3 --

Indigo Lanterns | +
Earth-0 --
Earth-3 --

Violet Lanterns | +
Earth-0 -- Rainbow
Earth-3 --

Black Lanterns | +
Earth-0 --
Earth-3 --

White Lanterns | +
Earth-0 --
Earth-3 --

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace