All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:40 pm 

Medals: 3
Best Group RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Ye ye, eggsy worded it better, my bad. As long as their evilness is in the "can be willing to be overlooked for whatever reason" realm, we all good.

Unfortunately, your post is not that. It wasn't a bad post by any means, don't get me wrong, but I have no idea how a robot that guns down most of a family due to "a dog barking." isn't going to be dismantled within ten minutes of meeting the wrong person. There's a few ways, I think, of editing it instead of completely scrapping, like having the dog simply alert the husband, who opens fires on Finklejock simply on account of "well he looks different than I or mine".

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:04 am 

Current wetness: 9% Current uselessness: 55%

Hmm... this was what i feared.
The idea is that the dog died because it moved in on him aggressively, just like quite a few feral creatures in the wasteland are wont to do, not being in possession of the most crystal clear faculties, he shot it.
It's quite probable that he would not have done so had he been in a settlement and the dog next to its owner. Also, he did not move towards the house with the intent of slaughtering everybody. But then things happened that confused him. He could have shot the girl dead before she disappeared, or fired at her, but did not.

I see how this could become a problem though, went a little overboard for the dramatic effect, i'll try to find a way to get it to work.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:07 am 

Okay, i really do not wish to be bothersome here.

I've been taking longer at trying to remake my post than i should have.
I don't know if people are waiting for me to clear it up before doing stuff.
Something just doesn't quite add up when i try to change it, is it possible to let it be the way it is if i tone down the craziness of the character in future posts? Make him behave more reasonably.
Again, sorry, just being a tad obsessive compulsive.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:08 am 

eyy, senpai!

Medals: 14
GM of the Month (1) Longest RP (2)
Completed RP (1) Best Entrance (1)
Blog: View Blog (3)

Updated Michael's character sheet a bit, namely by nerfing his shotgun to start with. Instead of a fully modded lever-action, he's starting with a partially sawed-off over-under.

I've also been toying with concepts for another character god help me i cant stop but since Chimera's got a mechanic type with a work-in-progress car, I wouldn't wanna just dump them in here and make it seem like an upstaging. If Mac could use a partner though, I'll gladly finish them up and post them.

View Likes PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:05 am 

Blog: View Blog (1)

Mac: "Wait, I can have FRIENDS!?"

So that seems to be cool. I'm gonna update her profile myself some time this weekend. Adding details to her appearance and whatnot.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:22 pm 

eyy, senpai!

Sweet, expect the new guy at some point in the future then!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:02 am 

2nd Year (1)

Oops, sorry for taking so long to answer ya, Wet and Useless. Hmmm. Well, if you haven't thought of anything yet, then I guess that would work. Perhaps we can do something later on like imply Fink simply presumed he killed the dad and mom, when they were just injured? I mean people new vegas clearly establishes getting shot in the head is sometimes just kind of annoying in the setting.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:12 am 

Bottom line, despite the Tarantino opening i will see to it that i don't f*ck the entire RP up by going on an impromptu crazy killing spree or something.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:36 pm 

2nd Year (1)

hello all! sorry for taking a bit, been busy with a job. finished it a few days ago tho, so this train will get a-rolling again soon!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:09 am 

2nd Year (1)

we are back in there

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:37 am 

eyy, senpai!

sicc

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:44 pm 

eyy, senpai!

Posted y'all.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:32 pm 

I'm gonna have to withdraw unfortunately.
At the start of this i was excited, but my interests tend to change quickly and dramatically, (makes Rping almost impossible) i thought i would stay intrigued or that it would return if i waited, but something apparently changed, so i have to withdraw from this Rp before my withdrawal has actual consequences for anybody else. Sorry, it was nice to make a post at least.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:29 am 

2nd Year (1)

Hello friends. Gonna take me a bit to work on a post, as I am so sick I would very much like to die! As soon as I get better this train(that's really just a man with a giant train-shaped hat) will start to get rolling again.

View Likes PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:27 pm 

Medals: 1
Longest RP (1)

Gettin' my character up in here finally.

Katherine Butler | +
Name: Katherine Butler, though her friends call her Kat.

Appearance: Katherine is a tall caucasian woman with soft feminine features and pale skin. She has long auburn hair tied back in a bun. She stands exactly at five feet and nine inches tall. She has heterochromatic eyes, her left eye being a denim blue, her right eye a soft hazel. A small scar crosses over the bridge of her nose and down under her eyes, with another deeper scar that runs down the left side of her face from her cheek bone to her jawline. The bridge of her nose, her neck, and her shoulders are covered in numerous freckles. Though she appears to be on the thin side, she actually is quite muscular for her build. Her muscles are built from time spent doing manual labor in the form of maintenance of Vault 58's security systems. For clothing she wears an old oil stained vault 58 jump suit under a few mismatched pieces of leather and metal armor and brown steel toe work boots. Around her neck and more often than not covering her face she wears an American flag styled square scarf. Over top her clothing and armor she wears a light brown sarape. The sarape is slightly singed and has a few bullet holes in it. It covers down to her elbows on either side, while the front and back of it cover down to her abdomen and the small of her back.

Personality: Katherine is a very independent woman and many from the vault believe she's a natural born leader, no matter how vehemently she would disagree. She tries to keep to herself, but she'll step in between squabbles and fights from time to time to make sure things go as smoothly as possible. She tries to stay calm but she can be fairly irritable often times. Her humor is mostly crude and insult based, much like most old world mechanics who spend far much time together. She's often friendlier to dogs than she is to other humans, ghouls, or super mutants.

History: Katherine was born in vault 58 near the end of its operational time. The same year she was born two factions in the vault started fighting for control. One side favored rule and order; the other favored the continuation of their anarchic life style. The fights were mostly small arguments for most of the time, though they became more aggressive and violent as the years went on. During her time in the vault Kat picked up boxing, robotics, and general maintenance as hobbies. The final spark of the conflict came when she was sixteen years old, just shortly after she finished her goat exam. The leader of the side favoring rules and order was found murdered in his room, shot in the chest three times. Her goat results set her as a robotics technician, setting her to work on the vaults security and many of the more intricate systems. She maintained a neutral position during the fighting and the two sides left her well alone during their fights.

She worked diligently on her job for five years. At the age of twenty-one the head technician died during one of the fights between the two sides of the vault. Her few co-workers started following her decisions and orders as she was trustworthy and kept focused on the most important tasks. Her new found position as head technician lasted for two short years as the fighting grew worse and worse finally forcing her to leave the vault. Her final night in the vault was marred with war and death; the battling broke various important machines to the vault but limited the mechanics to getting to them. She stood from her desk and walked through many of the rooms and halls as she headed towards the vault doors. On her way many people followed to see what her plan was, and whether she'd take part in the fighting. She reached the vault door with little effort; she spent a minute fiddling with the door controls before she was able to open the door. She took one last look at the vault and those that followed her to the door. Giving them a vulgar sign and telling them to **** off for all the trouble she left the vault. Once out in the wasteland her skills often helped her build a relationship with the many survivors and settlements, selling her skills to repair many complex things, or her skills to beat someone down but not kill them if that's what was really needed. After a year of wandering she came across a gentleman selling guard dogs, she hadn't had many caps on her person, but she willing spend all she had on a german shepard the man was selling, she named the dog Shep. With Shep in tow Kat wanders about looking for her next job and maybe others who have left Vault 58.

Skills:
S.P.E.C.I.A.L. | +

Strength: 6
Perception: 4
Endurance: 7
Charisma: 5
Intelligence: 8
Agility: 2
Luck: 3

Katherine picked up general maintenance as a hobby while in the Vault, she's repaired anything she could get her hands on that was possible to repair, her friends in the vault would often bring their pip-boys and terminals to her when a part on or in them broke. She'd made a name for herself within the vault as a person you could trust to repair almost anything. This skill found refinement and accessibility after taking her g.o.a.t. exam. Her job within the vault itself was a maintenance team member, and the eventual leader of the maintenance crew. By the time she left the vault she could repair almost any hardware in the vault, from more intricate robotics of the vault security robot, to the few firearms brought in by traders, and to the more necessary systems that made life in the vault possible.

Of course spending so much time with terminals, pip-boys, and the eventual robot made Kat very curious as to what was contained within them. Hacking was her only solution, since she'd have them for so long to repair them she "made sure they worked" by unlocking and rooting around in their files. Her hacking leaves much to be desired but she's confident she could hack anything that had below 6 characters in its pass code. This skill found its use in the wasteland allowing Kat to get into locked rooms as well as reset terminals or very rarely even just retrieve information off a terminal that might have something worth selling.

Boxing was another hobby Kat picked up in the vault, well the only other hobby really. She wasn't good enough to go pro during her time in Vault 58, but she still wasn't a slouch when it came to fist fighting. Kat got in more fist fights in the vault than she cared to keep track of. This skill also found it's use in the wastes but for a very different reason. Kat sold her skills in this as well, there are many people would pay good money to a third party to pass along a more violent message, but still wanted the recipient of said message alive. It's also done well in self defense, though Kat would argue that having a power fist really makes the difference.

Equipment: Katherine carries a slightly modified power fist, with greased pneumatic tubes for shorter time needed between punches, and painted hotrod red with flame decals. The power fist is worn on her left arm as she is left handed. She wears a vault 58 suit under mismatched leather and metal armor pieces. With leather vambraces, a metal chest piece, and metal shin guards. She prefers medium armors with a good mix of mobility and dense over heavier or lighter armor. She wears her light brown sarape over top all of this. She carries all her loose items in a messenger bag that’s pulled taught against her chest and back under her sarape. In the bag she carries a few bottles of purified water, a few boxes of various food items, a few pre-war dollars, about 150 caps, and her small set of tools. She carries another small bag at her right hip containing dog food, a flask of whiskey, a whistle, and a picture of her family.

She has a pip-boy 3000A worn on her right arm. The radio on the pip-boy is busted and she only listens to repeats of the one song on the holotape jammed into the player. Her pip-boy is painted to match her power fist. The pip-boy screen color is bright blue. She carries a set of brass knuckles to hold in her right hand during fights as her right arm is the weaker of the two.

Other: Katherine speaks with an Irish accent as her mother and father were descendants of Irish immigrants who moved to America in 2076. The accent spread through her family as they grew and lived in the vault, she faced a lot of mockery for this and is quick to anger when it's brought up negatively.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:28 pm 

eyy, senpai!

yeyeyeye

View Likes PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:52 pm 

2nd Year (1)

She's ****ing radical and I like her. YOU IN

View Likes PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:31 am 

2nd Year (1)

im no longer dead. hooray

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:32 am 

eyy, senpai!

we in