All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:07 pm 

Blog: View Blog (1)

Main Idea

Hundreds of years after Sora, Donald, Goofey, King Mickey, Riku and Kairi embarked on their separate journeys to put light and darkness at peace, and seal Kingdom Hearts from those who would abuse its power, another adventure begins.

Need to Know

(A little information for Phantom.)

Kingdom Hearts: The source of all hearts. Every world and soul is born from Kingdom Hearts.

Keyblade: A weapon that seals worlds from darkness, and opens the door to Kingdom Hearts.

Keyholes: Every world has its own keyhole, which is a gateway to that world's heart. Once Heartless discover a world's keyhole, they will enter it and devour a world's heart.

Sora: A keyblade wielder who is well known for his pursuits against the darkness. More than once, he has protected Kingdom Hearts form those who would use its power for evil. His companions included Donald, Goofy, Riku and Kairi.

Hollow Bastion: A world with a large castle. It was the source of all Heartless. It was once known as Radiant Garden, and was restored to be just that after Sora and his friends intervened.

Princesses of Heart: Seven princesses whose hearts are completely void of darkness. They are the purest beings. Together, they unlock the keyhole in Hollow Bastion, which supposedly holds the power of the universe.

Traverse Town: A refuge for those who have lost their worlds.

Ansem the Wise: A scholar and scientist who resided in Radiant Garden.

Xehanort: Ansem's apprentice, who continued his research on people's hearts even after his master forbade it. He created the first Heartless, and they destroyed Radiant Garden before setting off onto other worlds.

Heartless: A dark being the is created from the darkness in one's heart. Heartless only seek to destroy other hearts. The more powerful a person's hatred and sadness, the stronger more monstrous their heartless will be upon its creation

Nobodies: The empty vessel left behind once a heart is destroyed by a Heartless. The more human a person is, the more powerful and human-like their Nobody will be.

Organization XIII: A group of powerful Nobodies who ruled and controlled the actions of the rest. They sought to release the power of Kingdom Hearts to regain their former selves, but destroyed many worlds in the process. They were wiped out a long time ago.

Where We Begin

600 years after the existence of King Mickey and Ansem and Organization XIII, the worlds of light are at peace. While no one knows of any keybearers in existence, their legend still remains, as do stories of their journeys. None of the worlds have touched or interacted with each other for over 400 years, after the destruction of the last heartless and the ending of the keybearer line.

But when darkness returns to the light, no one knows how to react. History lessons don't help when world by world is destroyed by the Heartless; warriors and leaders try to protect their worlds' hearts, but to no avail. And with the return of the Heartless restores the pathways between worlds.

Our group lives in a peaceful world name Crystal Beach. In school, they have just had a lesson on the history of light and darkness. They ponder the existence of other worlds, and together promise to escape their own paradise. When the Heartless strike, the group is left alone and confused in the restored Traverse Town. Together, they must unravel the mystery of the keyblade, and discover what they must due to restore its lineage to the worlds of light.

Character Outline

Try not to make anyone that's too cliched. We are a peaceful, seaside people. I also only want one or two rangers, so not everyone can have a bow and arrow!

Code:
[u][b]Name:[/b][/u] Pick something original.  If you want to play a Final Fantasy or other game character, just let me know.  (They can't be anyone who has been in any prior Kingdom Hearts game.)
[u][b]Age:[/b][/u] 14-17.  We are all young-ins. 
[u][b]Gender:[/b][/u] Male or female.
[u][b]Personality:[/b][/u] Give some general traits and back story.  All of our characters are friends at the beginning.
[u][b]Appearance:[/b][/u] A small paragraph.  No pictures please!
[u][b]Weapon:[/b][/u] Something wooden or weak.  We are all living in a peaceful world at the start.  Also give a little bit about your fighting style here.
[u][b]Home World:[/b][/u] If not Crystal Beach, what world was your character born in.  (We can deal with the why later.)
[u][b]Talents:[/b][/u] What is your character naturally good at?  Math?  Building things?
[u][b]Powers:[/b][/u] No powers right off the bat.  Later we will develop and get stronger, as if it were an actual game.  Talents and natural skills are something else.
[u][b]Other:[/b][/u] Disabilities?  Ticks?  Likes or dislikes?  Favorites?

Last edited by Spotsie on Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:08 pm 

Rules and Etc.

*No swearing or doing anything outrageous. All the rules of the forum are going to be enforced.

*Romance is allowed, but should be rated G. Sora and Kairi do not make out in front of King Mickey.

*All Disney and other world NPC's are controllable by anyone, but try your best to keep them in their character.

**A lot of themes and motives will be implied in this role play, so be ready to have your character contribute. For example, our team will face many important questions, like is it right to interfere with other worlds, or should they be left alone? Does destiny decide who we are, or do we decide our destiny?

**Make your characters dynamic. Give them flaws or problems that they might face later on in the role play to make them better people.

***If for any reason you become inactive without warning, I'll will make your character get swallowed up by darkness or something. (Anything to make the plot continue to make sense.)

*Watch this list for additions. I'll give a heads up if anything big is added.

News and Ideas

-Character outlines can be posted in this thread as long as you have requested a spot in the RP. Just copy and paste the outline code and fill in the entries.

-If you guys want to change or add details about our home world, (like its name), go ahead and post. Any other ideas are welcome as well!

-Sorry! I forgot to put appearance in the character outline, but it's there now!

-The IC will be up Thursday or Friday given all four character outlines are done by then.

-Just a heads up that this RP will be done in chapters. Each world will have its own IC thread, and we will leave and revisit threads as we go between worlds.

Possible Future Worlds

Already Existing

Crystal Beach - http://creativefreedomrpg.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=571

Definite Possibilities

The New Frontier - Pocahontas
Traverse Town
Notre Dame - The Hunchback of Notre Dam
Gaia - Final Fantasy VII
Ivalice - Final Fantasy XII
Radiant Garden (future version) - Kingdom Hearts

Maybes

Atlantis - Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Sleepy Hollow - The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad
Hyrule - The Legend of Zelda
The Four Nations - Avatar: The Last Airbender
Dracula's Castle - Castlevania
Earth
Nottingham - Robin Hood

Approved Characters and NPC's

MG=Main Group V=Villain (NPC) O=Other (NPC)

Name: Jasper - MG
Appearance: 6ft tall with a slim runners build.
Hair: Dark brown with very deep red streaks. Clean shaven except his side burns which run down to his jaw in a thin line.
Face: Deep green eyes that seem to read into you mind. Overall pale complexion but has a slight tan. Ears are slightly pointed and eyes are a little slanted. High cheek bones and heavy eyebrows.
Personality: Quiet and seemingly aloof. He doesn't talk a whole lot and keeps his feelings to himself. He is a people watcher and learns a lot about them. He is actually a very caring person and he is very attuned to people feelings. He has a big heart and is very compassionate. he is very loyal and will do anything for his friends. With his friends he is a little more open and fun. Being one of the older boys he also tends to protect his younger friends. He has a bit of rebel in him and his temper can flare resulting in a mess. He has a quick tongue that will often land him in trouble with adults.
Weapon: A small knife he found and sharpened himself. He also has a whip. He fights in stealth and tends to throw his knife from the shadows.
Home World: Not sure where he was born but was found washed ashore on Crystal beach.
Talents: Understanding people. Jasper has a unnatural ability to understand how people tick. He knows what to say to bring them down or build them up. He is also very stealthy and notices very random and odd things. He also has a strategic ind so he tends to over analyze and plan before he makes a big choice.
Powers:
Other: Enjoys music a great deal and reading. While never doing extremely well in school he is very good at making his way in the real world. Loves the ocean and the wind. Enjoys running through a forest too.

Name: Liam - MG
Personality: Outspoken and bold. Liam usually ends up as the leader of his group because of his willingness to make his opinion known; although, he does value his friends and takes their opinions into consideration. His mental and physical skills are about average, so he finds most activities to be fun. Although he cares about his friends, he desire for adventure and thrills sometimes puts himself and others in danger. He relies on others to keep himself from burning out.
Appearance: About 5'8", and short, light brown hair. He is thin, but packs some muscle underneath his clothes. His light blue eyes sometimes look gray in the sunlight. Even though he is 16, he still wears a childish smirk, and does not have pronounced sideburns or a beard. Liam always wears his signature red bandanna around his neck.
Weapon: Leather gloves that he received as a present a few years ago. He fights with his fists, and enjoys parrying blows in order to hit his opponent when they are unsuspecting.
Home World: Crystal Beach.
Talents: Liam is a naturally good swimmer and runner, although Jasper tends to be just a bit faster. He also has a natural sense of direction, and enjoys making maps in his spare time. When others are lost or confused about their location, he always seems to know where he is going.
Powers:
Other: He likes competition and exploration. Anything new or challenging to him gets his blood pumping; it is mainly due to this fact that he came up with the idea of leaving Crystal Beach. While he doesn't like to admit it, he loves the smell and sight of flowers.

Name: Evan
Appearance: 4' 4", 87 lbs. Straggly black hair that often falls in front of his aqua blue eyes. Bright eyes are a bit large and more rounded. He is pale from spending most of his time indoors or hiding. He has a lot of growing left to do and will probably grown to be rather tall and lanky though at his current age all of his features are short and smooth.
Evan wears bulky clothing that seem like hand-me-downs as they are clearly a size or two too large for his childish frame. The only thing that seems to fit him well are his shoes; simple sneakers hidden beneath too-long pant legs that cause him to trip. Clothing is scuffed up a good amount from his numerous unexpected falls, though they have yet to be torn. He wears again a too large sweater that covers his tiny hands. It is striped horizontally gray and blue with a collar that loosely covers his slender neck and can on occasion cover just above his nose. Beneath his sweater he wears a small shell necklace that is rather precious to him.
Given his soft rounded features, baggy clothing, mid length hair and prepubescent voice Evan can very easily be mistaken for a young girl.
Personality: Extremely shy and withdrawn. He will likely go along with whatever the dominant personality around him says. He lacks all forms of confidence and self-respect keeping him a very quiet and weaker character.
Weapon: He wouldn’t really carry a weapon around with him though if a fight comes up he’d probably pick up a stick. At the moment I’m thinking I won’t give him a keyblade later on.
Home World: Crystal Beach
Talents: As for natural skills he has a great memory and a knack for seeing things that other’s usually won’t or that would normally be overlooked. He’s fairly bright and will pick up new skills very quickly.
Powers: Later on he will become a mage rather than a warrior type.
Other: He’s easily manipulated which is a major weakness for himself and for those he travels with. He can be scammed, tricked, teased, bullied and do next to nothing to stand up for himself.

Last edited by Spotsie on Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:30 am, edited 15 times in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:30 pm 

Location: You wouldn't want to know all the places my mind goes... but my body is stuck in Dubai
Blog: View Blog (8)

Alright I will work on a char tomorrow..... it is 4:30am here and I can't create a good char this early/late. LOL I will need some sleep and I will work on him later. :D

~Master to Butler Vilora

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:36 pm 

Take your time. =)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:08 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Alright so here's what I got for my character right off the bat. I'll go back in and edit it as you see fit.

Name: Evan
Appearance: 4' 4", 87 lbs. Straggly black hair that often falls in front of his aqua blue eyes. Bright eyes are a bit large and more rounded. He is pale from spending most of his time indoors or hiding. He has a lot of growing left to do and will probably grown to be rather tall and lanky though at his current age all of his features are short and smooth.
Evan wears bulky clothing that seem like hand-me-downs as they are clearly a size or two too large for his childish frame. The only thing that seems to fit him well are his shoes; simple sneakers hidden beneath too-long pant legs that cause him to trip. Clothing is scuffed up a good amount from his numerous unexpected falls, though they have yet to be torn. He wears again a too large sweater that covers his tiny hands. It is striped horizontally gray and blue with a collar that loosely covers his slender neck and can on occasion cover just above his nose. Beneath his sweater he wears a small shell necklace that is rather precious to him.
Given his soft rounded features, baggy clothing, mid length hair and prepubescent voice Evan can very easily be mistaken for a young girl.
Image A quick sketch of him I drew up during my usual insomnia. Hopefully it will give you a better feel for how he looks.
Personality: Extremely shy and withdrawn. He will likely go along with whatever the dominant personality around him says. He lacks all forms of confidence and self-respect keeping him a very quiet and weaker character.
Weapon: He wouldn’t really carry a weapon around with him though if a fight comes up he’d probably pick up a stick. At the moment I’m thinking I won’t give him a keyblade later on.
Home World: Crystal Beach
Powers: As for natural skills he has a great memory and a knack for seeing things that other’s usually won’t or that would normally be overlooked. He’s fairly bright and will pick up new skills very quickly. Later on he will become a mage rather than a warrior type.
Other: He’s easily manipulated which is a major weakness for himself and for those he travels with. He can be scammed, tricked, teased, bullied and do next to nothing to stand up for himself.

I felt like doing a bit of a coming of age character so I got this guy. As far as worlds go I defiantly want to go to Traverse Town that was my favorite of the worlds in the game. As for others possible worlds perhaps Atlantis (the Disney movie Atlantis not Little Mermaid), Dracula's Castle from Castlevania, Avatar the Last Airbender and any of the Final Fantasy worlds if that works out for you. Whatever fits your plot best though if fine by me.

As for your currently selection I haven’t seen Disney’s Sleepy Hollow, though I’m familiar with Tim Burton’s and I haven’t played Tales of Symphonia.

EDIT: I've added in his appearance as requested.

Last edited by Simplicity on Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:25 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:27 pm 

You're character looks great actually. I even like that you know what plans you have for him. The only problem I foresaw was that everyone will make a mage or everyone will make a little kid. When I see what everyone else has to offer, I'll take everything into consideration so that we have a balanced party. And although I won't force you, try to pick some type of rudimentary weapon that he might use and develop skills with. A slingshot, a sling or a whip would be a good choice for a kid or a mage, but it's your choice. As for making a coming of age character, I feel like that will make a lot of room for character development on your part. (Kudos! =))

For now, it's pending, but I don't think you'll be changing anything drastically.

As for your world suggestions, I'll go ahead and update it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:04 pm 

Well I was thinking mages generally have a rod or a staff and a stick is kinda like a staff. But if you want I'll change it after I see a couple more character sheets here. Also I will be without internet until Friday so feel free to start without me but I'll catch up once I get back.

Oh and it's Atlantis from the movie Atlantis, you know this one --> Image
Just to clarify since you wrote down Little Mermaid ^^

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:20 pm 

Don't worry about being gone; I'm in no rush to get this started. After all of our characters are created, I'd like us all to make relationship statuses and such so we know where each stands with each other.

And the discrepancy is fixed!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:49 am 

Location: You wouldn't want to know all the places my mind goes... but my body is stuck in Dubai

Name: Jasper
Appearance: 6ft tall with a slim runners build.
Hair: Dark brown with very deep red streaks. Clean shaven except his side burns which run down to his jaw in a thin line.
Face: Deep green eyes that seem to read into you mind. Overall pale complexion but has a slight tan. Ears are slightly pointed and eyes are a little slanted. High cheek bones and heavy eyebrows.
Personality: Quiet and seemingly aloof. He doesn't talk a whole lot and keeps his feelings to himself. He is a people watcher and learns a lot about them. He is actually a very caring person and he is very attuned to people feelings. He has a big heart and is very compassionate. he is very loyal and will do anything for his friends. With his friends he is a little more open and fun. Being one of the older boys he also tends to protect his younger friends. He has a bit of rebel in him and his temper can flare resulting in a mess. He has a quick tongue that will often land him in trouble with adults.
Weapon: A small knife he found and sharpened himself. He also has a whip. He fights in stealth and tends to throw his knife from the shadows.
Home World: Not sure where he was born but was found washed ashore on Crystal beach.
Talents: Understanding people. Jasper has a unnatural ability to understand how people tick. He knows what to say to bring them down or build them up. He is also very stealthy and notices very random and odd things. He also has a strategic ind so he tends to over analyze and plan before he makes a big choice.
Powers:
Other: Enjoys music a great deal and reading. While never doing extremely well in school he is very good at making his way in the real world. Loves the ocean and the wind. Enjoys running through a forest too.

~Master to Butler Vilora

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:35 am 

That looks good, Phantom. The only issue I have is that we already have a kind of laid back character, so we might get a little bored dialogue-wise. Just keep this in mind and consider in what situations Jasper might a little bit more. For now, consider him approved.

Simplicity, I just realized something about your outline; it's nothing big, but when I move it to the approved section, I'm going to move what you have under powers to talents. The powers section should be empty except for your future mage ideas.

And guys, I'm terribly sorry, but I forgot to put an appearance section in the layout. Go ahead and right a short paragraph below personality; no pictures are necessary.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:40 am 

Okay I will take care of that! I am actually very excited to start this RP! I don't know why seeing as I have never played KoH but today I just saw the RP in my mind and when that happens I know it is going to be a bang up RP! :D

As for my char being quiet it would be around strangers and stuff. With the group of friends he will be much more talkative and involved. :D

~Master to Butler Vilora

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:46 am 

Sounds good to me, then! I am a huge fan of dynamic characters, so maybe once we visit a few worlds we start discovering a bit of his past and finding out why he doesn't like strangers? IDK, you can brainstorm. ^^

Also, is it O.K. if Jasper has a strong connection with Evan (Simplicity's character) because he likes to protect and watch out for younger people?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:50 am 

And appearance is done!

As for Jaspers past I was really looking forward to that!!! Seeing as we could have him come from anywhere!! I was thinking his parentage and where he was from could be a bit of a shocker or something. :D So yeah I am already brainstorming and figuring things out. :D

As for Evan I have no problem being the older bro type. :D I was thinking he would overall have a very protective nature toward our group and kinda see himself as responsible almost.

~Master to Butler Vilora

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:53 am 

I'm loving that your thinking so much about this. And Simplicity is planning for Evan to have a coming of age story, so perhaps you two could have a sub plot together eventually. The possibilities are endless.

Anyway, keep brainstorming, and post or PM if you have any other ideas. Just take it easy until Thursday, alright? =)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:58 am 
Savior

Medals: 1
Supporter (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Hey . Sorry i 've been a bit behind. I'll get started on my char. Sometime tomorrow... er later today. For me its 1 am.. but ill definitely get that started. I'm very excited for this.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:14 am 

Don't worry, Mercy; I can tell you're enthusiastic about this, so I'm not going to stress too much. ;)

I do have to ask that you play a female character, otherwise you'll have to take the lead role. (That might get a bit confusing for me.) I just don't want a group of all four guys, and I don't want to have a group where the only girl is the leader. It would be like having an all female group and the one male is the leader. It just doesn't make sense in an RPG type role play.

Also, take into consideration that we already have rogue and mage type characters. If this is any big problem for you, just PM me and I'll try to work it all out. =)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:58 am 

The IC thread is officially being started Friday evening!

Also, this is a heads up about the role play format. We will be doing this role play in chapters; each world that we go to will have a different IC thread. If you have any questions, let me know.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:57 pm 

Added in Evan's Appearance. I can't wait to start RPing :3

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:31 am 

Crystal Beach is a reality!

For now.

http://creativefreedomrpg.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=571

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:12 pm 

Yay!!!!! I am excited!!!!!!! I posted my intro! :D

~Master to Butler Vilora