Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)
Blog: View Blog (59)

Attachment:
Katarina-Star.jpg
Katarina-Star.jpg [ 60.63 KiB | Viewed 10225 times ]

Play-by: Ella Anderson

Description: Katarina is a little shorter than most girls her age. Her hair is reddish-blonde, and her skin is fair and freckled, even though her freckles can only be seen clearly if one is very close to her. Her eyes are blue, and she doesn't really have any distinctive traits that are uncommon.

Full Name: Katarina Clarissa Sexton-Star

Nickname(s), if any: Kat, Kitty (only for her father)

House: Ravenclaw

Race: Full-blood

Wand: Yew, dragon heartstring, 10 1/2 inches, pliable

Pet, if any: A male black cat called Onyx. Onyx is very loyal to his owner, but doesn't interact too well with other people. He is fine with other cats, though.

Additional skills, if any: No additional magical skills. Kat is very skilled on needlework, and enjoys sketching, even though she rarely allows anyone to see her drawings.

Personality: Katarina is very shy and kept to herself. Having been raised in an extremely traditional family, the girl was taught to be seen and not heard, so she has taken this attitude with herself to the world outside Star Manor. Once she feels more comfortable with people, Kat will open up and be a little more talkative. She will still prefer listening over speaking, though, and will wait for her friends to start the conversation. On the positive side, Katarina is very much willing to help others out - if they reach out to her. Her reserved behavior can be easily constructed as arrogance, at least until she opens up and starts acting a bit more like her own self.

Family: Clarissa Sexton-Star (mother, deceased - died shortly after Kat was born), Agamemnon Star, 35, living. No siblings, and her father has never remarried.

Background from birth to the current moment: Katarina was born not too long after her parents got married. They had been married for a little over a year when Clarissa conceived the child that was supposed to be the first of many, had things worked out as they should. Agamemnon was thrilled with the idea of a child, and, despite really wanting a boy, he never expressed a preference. They would have time to have other children, after all. The couple chose not to know the baby's gender, and prepared a neutral bedroom for him or her. Katarina was Clarissa's favorite name, and even though he didn't like it too much, Agamemnon decided that she should get to choose for a girl and he would choose in case they had a boy.

Clarissa had an uneventful pregnancy, and a healthy baby, but the mother herself wasn't in such a good shape. She did last enough to meet her baby, but passed away shortly after. Another man would probably have resented his daughter. Agamemnon, though, decided to think of his daughter as an extension of his wife. That led him to be overly cautious regarding Katarina, but never to lay blame on her for losing his wife. Kat did blame herself, though, even though she kept this to herself. As the girl grew up, she received a pretty complete and strict education, and was taught about her family history early on.

It wasn't a surprise that she started showing magical ability at around five - mostly making things that caused her frustration to disappear randomly, causing a few problems at home -, as both parents were wizards, after all. Now, the waiting game for the Hogwarts letter has begun, and Katarina secretly wonders which House she will be sorted into.

Misc: Kat's guilt over 'killing' her mother has made her very protective of those she loves, to the point of caring more about them than about herself. That has gotten her in trouble every now and then, but she just feels that it's the right thing to do.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:02 am 

Life's not all the great right now, sorry.

Blog: View Blog (1)

Description: Skyler is average height. Her sky blue eyes are the one thing that stands out.
Full Name: Skyler Jane Marcus
Nickname(s), if any: Skye
House: Gryffindor
Race: Pureblood
Wand: Maple wood, Phoenix feather, 10", Slightly Yielding
Pet, if any: Male Siamese named Cameron
Additional skills, if any: Has a fair amount of booksmarts. She is also pretty good at ballet, though that's a side of her she prefers no one knows.
Personality: Skye is rather hot headed and stuck up. She thinks highly of her blood status and isn't keen on getting to know anyone of a lower status. She doesn't like to share her personal life with others not really trusting most people. But, of one was to gain her hard earned trust, Skye is none of the most loyal people you could ever meet. Her loyalty combined with her temper has gotten her into many fights with family and others.
Family: Mother-Lucy Father-Derek(deceased), Fredrick-Brother (four years older)
Background from birth to the current moment: Skye was born into a wealthy Pureblood family. Her parents were known for their generosity toward muggles and mudbloods, so it came as no suprise when Derek and Lucy joined the first Order. Shortly after joining, Derek was killed while facing one of the most fiercest death eaters. Though she was still young at the time, Skye blamed the order for her father's death. Lucy would try to defend the order but it only created a wedge between mother and daughter. Now, the two barely speak. It was this event that triggered Skyes distrust in people. The only person she trust fully without question is her brother. He became her rock once their father died, and though her agrees with the orders noble cause, he still understands his sisters pain.
Misc (anything else you consider relevant about your character that hasn’t been covered in the previous fields): WIP

I really hope this isn't too Mary sue or cliche or depressing. I can change it if needed. :)

Attachments:
rsz_2e15a63275d4912510177e8dc5389961.jpg
rsz_2e15a63275d4912510177e8dc5389961.jpg [ 17.35 KiB | Viewed 10213 times ]

Last edited by MutedGoat on Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
View Likes PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:05 pm 

Sort of back.

Honestly, I confess I only think a character is a Mary Sue on sight when they know how to do everything perfectly and have zero character flaws. Most of the times, it's more about how they are written IC that makes them a Mary Sue or a regular character. She looks good for me!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:42 pm 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)

This thread sounds so much fun...may I join

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:45 pm 

Sort of back.

Sure, PM me the selection test whenever you can and I'll get back to you with your character's house as soon as possible!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:08 am 

https://www.bhmpics.com/view-sweet_girl ... x1200.html

Looks as the pic above
Full Name: Anna Marie McClure
Nickname(s), if any: Annie, Anne
Age 11
House: Ravenclaw
Race full blood
Wand: Hickory 18 3/4" long rigid/sturdy

The wand is three inches thick with a light - brown, wood with dark- brown, rich grain. The top of the wand has a descending, spindle design that is 1/2 of the wands length. The wand is tapered to a blunt point. The case is light brown with red velvet lining.

Pet, if any: Ferret named Sir Dwain
Additional skills, : Anne was born with the ability to detect if magic is good, neutral, or evil

Personality: Ann tries to be helpful and quick study. Flaw, is that she knows she from a prominent family and has tendency to be conceited.

Family: Father, Rupert Thomas McClure is the mayor of Clydesdale, a sheep farming, country town.
Her older brother, Shamus McClure is chairman of Business in Clydesdale.
Anna's grand father, Sean McClure, is on Hogwarts Board of Education and lifetime board member, a position that is passed down. Everyone has connections in high places and uses that her advantage.

Background from birth to the current moment: Born to wealth and privilege, she has everything she wants. She has been drilled how to behave as aristocrat; and this is the first time she must learn, not everyone is rich or from full blooded families. This is the first time she has been away from home.
Misc (anything else you consider relevant about your character that has not been covered in the previous fields): She tries to be nice and helpful; she steps on others feelings. Making friends is hard…at least for a while. She must learn to be put in her place.

The family forbids being tainted with muggles.

Anna is nice to other students from prominent families. Anyone that she has a problem with at Hogwarts, is threatened with telling her grandfather. She despises being dirty, muggles, reptiles, spiders, and snakes.
Her likes are any furry animal. Anna has a very trained ferret, She is a perfectionist, rarely breaks rules, unless it suits her. She will teach others if they pay her favors... get her chocolates, fizzies, clean her room, or accompany her to shows, shopping, and spa. Anna loves getting pampered. She has her own driver and Oldsmobile.
Studying, she will read just enough to get a decent grade and she loves wearing and creating charms to make items stronger, ward off evil, resist spells, and enhance her looks. Anna will use real gold and silver. she prefers real gems.

Last edited by LadyKate43 on Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:55 pm, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:36 am 

Sort of back.

@LadyKate43 - Sent you a PM detailing some information on the CS.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:46 pm 

Sort of back.

@LadyKate43 - approved

Just letting everyone know as well that I'll be gone for a few days next week, but I'll leave anything I can done until then! =)

View Likes PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:09 pm 

the stars look very different today ★

Medals: 5
Original RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Woohoo! Also, if @poise&poison is planning a girl it'll be a great time for Gallus, especially in later years xD

View Likes PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:41 pm 

Thank you for accepting my character...I hope next week is good for you.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:06 pm 

Medals: 1
1st Year (1)

Description: (Younger version of picture) Orla stands at around 5” making her one of the tallest in her class back home. Her hair is dark brown and curly, reaching just below her chest. She often tucks the left side behind her ear. She has large green eyes. She often has her shirt untucked, tie loosened and top button undone. She has a skinny frame.
Full Name: Orla White
Nicknames, if any: -
House: Slytherin
Race: Muggle-born
Wand: Hawthorn Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core (Secondhand)
Pet, if any: -
Additional skills, if any: Orla’s parents were insistent with her learning an instrument and so she picked to play bass guitar. She also enjoys sketching.
Personality: With her rebellious streak and dislike of being told what to do, Orla can be quite the problematic child when she wants to be. Preferring to stay quiet and observe others, she’s not much of a talker unless she gets to know someone. She prefers to be alone most of the time, enjoying sketching or practicing her magic away from others company. Despite this, she can become very loyal to those she considers close to her.
Family: Mother- Angela (Angie) White, Father – Christopher White, Step father – Sean Oakley, Sister – Adrianna White (7)
Background from birth to the current moment: Orla’s father, Christopher, left Orla, Adrianna and Angela shortly after Ade was born. It was just the three of them for around 2 years until Angie met Sean. The two of them married rather quickly, only knowing each other for a year and a half before tying the knot. Orla was 5 at this point and unhappy with the sudden appearance of a new “father figure.” Her mum and new stepdad insisted that she try hard in school, take up learning an instrument and other extra-curricular activities such as gymnastics and science club. It wasn’t long before Orla decided to quit most of them, apart from bass guitar lessons which she enjoyed.
When she started to show magical abilities, Angie and Sean scolded her for them. Being muggles, they didn’t understand what her powers were and wanted to hide them from others. When the letter from Hogwarts arrived, Angie and Sean couldn’t wait to send Orla away. They bought her minimal supplies, mainly consisting of a second-hand wand, broomstick and the core books every student needed. Orla was relieved, finally she’d be away from her parents – she couldn’t wait.
Misc: -

(Hope this is okay!)

Last edited by AhZombies on Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:29 pm 

Sort of back.

She looks neat. Could you just include her sister's age for context, please? Otherwise, she's shiny and good to go! =) And I can definitely anticipate some messes with the second hand wand. XD

View Likes PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:01 pm 

the stars look very different today ★

Medals: 5
Original RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)

"Ugh, there's so many girls in my year. I thought I'd be able to meet some proper boys after being cooped up with my sisters all those years." - Gallus, probably

View Likes PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:10 am 

Medals: 1
1st Year (1)

Ah, of course! Done :D Yay, I'm excited to play her!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:27 am 

Sort of back.

Thanks! And it's on my to-do list, I should probably have the starting post up during this upcoming week! =)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:17 pm 

Sort of back.

Looking around to update the character list, I have noticed Poise&Poison has yet to get theirs up.
Are you still up for this? We can wait, we just need to know so we can act accordingly!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:54 pm 

The dreaded clopening shift.

Blog: View Blog (9)

Hello, I am very, very interested in joining this. May I?

And this time round, I can definitely commit. Last time I appeared on this site, I was actually heading towards a bad place, but now that I'm back to my original job, which I was actually happy at, I have the positive mentality to be able to roleplay again.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:03 pm 

Sort of back.

Sure, send me via PM the selection test that you can find in the first post, and I'll reply shortly with your character's house.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:37 am 

Awesome, thanks!

Will do that now.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:50 am 

Description: Has very curly, very dark brown hair, down to his shoulders and grey eyes. Is usually seen in shirts, sweaters, jeans and loafers. Is quite often mistaken as a tomboyish girl.

Full Name: Philip Edward Tyre

Nickname(s), if any: None

Age (11 if student, variable if professor or staff member): 11

House: Hufflepuff

Race: Half-blood

Wand: Chestnut wood, unicorn hair.

Pet, if any: A black kitten named Walnut

Additional skills, if any (ask if you have any questions - at this point, characters should only have skills that are born with them): A natural affinity with animals and plants. Loves gardening.

Personality (qualities, flaws, I need your character to be described as a real person): Philip is a very calm, quiet individual who keeps to himself most times, and rarely displays a temper, as he does not anger easily. He is quite accepting of most personality types and interests, and tends to get along well with most people. However, he can be prone to laziness, especially in academic work if he does not see a purpose for it, preferring to hone his talents and interests to their potential. He can be too compromising at times, going along with most things simply because he has yet to really find something worth fighting for. He can be quite passive-aggressive at times, especially when he is forced into things that he does not agree with, taking refuge in sarcasm.

Family (parents, siblings, other relevant relations): Philip is the the third son of five children (an elder sister followed by two older brothers and a younger sister. Both his parents are still alive.

Background from birth to the current moment: Philip is a half-blood child, who has been raised in the muggle world. He hails from a very rich and prominent muggle family, and would have attended Eton like his elder brothers if he had not received his Hogwarts letter. Instead, he would join his sister, a 6th year Ravenclaw at Hogwarts. Philip had quite a good childhood, living in comfort with his siblings. His parents however, were quite distant and busy, and he was frequently left under supervision of a governess, though he was frequently given gifts by his parents to make up for their distance. He soon developed an interest in gardening, as well as animals, though his allergies prevented him from getting a pet, until now.

When he turned five, his magic manifested itself when he accidentally changed the walls and ceiling of his room to a different colour (from white to green) magically. His mother was not surprised however, and as she revealed later, she was actually a pureblood witch, though she did not elaborate on how she ended up with his father. As it was, he would be a wizard as well, and attend a magical school like her. He was asked to keep this a secret from his other brothers, and that his cover story for not attending Eton was because he would be attending a mixed progressive boarding school with his sister instead.

Not much changed after that; he was still educated by his governess, and he still spent his time gardening, until the age of eleven, when he received his Hogwarts letter. His mother took him shopping for school supplies, and he immediately took this chance to ask for a pet, which his mother finally granted him. Yet he did not like any of the pets on display, and ended up finding Walnut on his way home, in muggle London. Or rather, Walnut found him.

Misc: He hates flying.