All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:58 pm 

Sort of back.

Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)
Blog: View Blog (59)

All right, the OOC is here, for us to post our characters and discuss the events for the roleplay.

Plot: Our characters, all young and in trouble, will have to make life work sharing the same house. The characters should all be young (I would say not younger than 18, not older than 25) and have some sort of bond with everyone else around the house - friends, relatives, etc. Romance can happen, but even if a character is romantically involved with another, they should interact with all others. It will be a basic real-life-struggles roleplay, with them trying to make ends meet and keep the roof over their heads and food on the table. Expect a lot of character development and interaction.

Disclaimers:
- Characters are to be regular humans in the age range provided above.
- Character are to be real people, with good and bad qualities (so no "He/She was just perfect and everyone loved them"). I will ask for changes if any character is too unrealistic.
- Beta standards apply, and I'm pretty annoying when it comes to grammar and spelling, I'll admit right now so nobody tells me they didn't know. Using spell check is not hard, nor is it impossible. A slip-up here and there is okay, but please pay attention to your spelling and punctuation.
- We will have a posting order, so nobody gets left behind while others are posting up back to back.
- Posting frequency should be of once a week, since we all have lives and activities such as school, work, etc, come before roleplaying.

Character sheet template:

Name:
Description (you can provide a picture, if you want to - if you do, only real people pictures, please):
Personality:
Profession/Job:
Favorite chores around the house:
Chores they absolutely hate:
Why have they left their home?
Misc (anything you want to include that doesn't fit any of the options above):

Character list:
Janice "Baby" Smith, 18 - Shades
Devias Romano (Dev), 19 - Nero Lockheart
Victoria Taylor "Tori", 20 - PrettyMyth
Michael Crowley, 20 - ShadowsVictor
Daniel "Danny" Capello, 20 - Cotton
Jinevra "JJ" Lindherst, 23 - Cotton
Mary Anne “Morgan” Love, 21 - Kinetic
Lupe Aragon, 21 - torosuperfly16

The House:

Room right next to the living room: Morgan
Pink room: Danny
Yellow bed: JJ
Dark blue room: Dev
Lilac room: Tori and Michael
Yellow room, larger bed: Janice
Yellow room, single bed: Lupe

Link to town map: click here

Posting order: Shades - Nero Lockheart - Cotton - PrettyMyth - Kinetic - ShadowsVictor - torosuperfly16

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:01 pm 

Sort of back.

Name: Janice “Baby” Smith

Description: Janice is around 5’3”, a little bit on the skinny side, and has honey-blonde hair and sea blue eyes. She has freckles on her face, mostly over her nose, and is always dressed in jeans and t-shirts that are often too large, as though she is trying to hide in them.

Personality: Janice is very easy going, timid and kindly. From being raised without any love, she has decided she would offer it to others, and tries to do so whenever possible. Janice is very giving and always willing to help out in any way she can. On the flip side, she is also extremely insecure and a downright scared cat, being afraid of the dark, scary movies, being alone in the house, you name it. Unless she is with friends, Janice will often stand out of everyone’s way and keep silence unless she is spoken to.

Profession/Job: Since she doesn’t have any formal education apart from high school, Janice could only get a job waiting tables at a cafe not too far from the home she shares with friends. Despite it not paying too much, she actually enjoys her job.

Favorite chores around the house: Cooking, cleaning, tidying up, laundry, and anything that involves caring for someone else.

Chores they absolutely hate: None, but she’s not exactly thrilled about doing the dishes or going grocery shopping.

Why have they left their home? Janice was raised by her widower father, since her mother died at childbirth, and the man has always blamed his daughter on losing his beloved wife. Mr. Smith never raised a hand against his daughter, but his verbal abuse - always mentioning that her mother had died for “this” when Janice failed in anything - nearly destroyed his daughter, and as soon as she had the chance, Janice moved out to live with friends.

Misc: Janice got the nickname “Baby” because her father refused to say her name, and up until she was 4, she was referred to only as “the baby”. She secretly hates this nickname, but will respond to it. She is also extremely distressed every time she meets her father, to the point where she will panic and call the nearest friend to pick her up if possible.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
View Likes PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:06 am 

lurking

Blog: View Blog (0)

Are they any specific relations you want Janice to have with anyone else? Because I'd create my character to fit any ideas or preferences you have.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:09 am 

Sort of back.

Nothing too particular. I think a particularly close friend she could lean on (and someone she could offer help in some way) would be really nice, but I don't really have any specific ideas on how exactly this person should be.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:37 am 

You have nothing to fear, But Fear himself

Medals: 1
1st Year (1)

I could see myself being in this situation in real life. mind if I partake in this RP?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:40 am 

Sort of back.

Not at all, go for it!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:42 am 

Neither success nor failure is the end, so keep going. Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Medals: 4
Most Patient (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) October 2016 (1)
Blog: View Blog (12)

Please let me join this

P.S. I'm a typo queen. Sorry in Advance.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:48 am 

Sort of back.

Sure, the more, the merrier! Feel free to start work on a character, and drop me a line if you have any questions!

View Likes PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:06 pm 

My life is uninteresting :3

Name: Devias Romano

Nickname: Dev

Description: Devias is a 5'9" tall guy with light brown skin, black hair and brown eyes. He grew his hair to chin height and usually only ties it up in a pony tail when going out of the house or when the weather is too hot for him. He keeps his facial hair cleanly shaved, but has been known to grow his beard out for a week or two. He's not much in terms of muscles but he's not quite that skinny either. He's somewhere between that spectrum. Devias can only be seen wearing tank tops and shorts inside the house, outside he always wears shirts and jeans even when its hot out. He also has a habit of bringing a jacket everywhere he goes. He usually just ties the arms around his waist.

Personality: He keeps his circle of friends small, but does pretty much anything for them if he believes he can help. Some would say he's the shy type, and they wouldn't be wrong since he doesn't interact with other people that much unless he has been friends with them for a while. The most he does is just ask about what's happening when he sees people gathering. But those that have known him for quite a while would know that he gets pretty active when he's around friends. He doesn't consider himself adventurous, but he'd be willing to try anything new, just as long as he knows it won't destroy his life in the future or he gets peer pressured into doing it. He tries to always be a nice guy who keeps out of everybody's way, but will struggle for what he wants. Interest is quickly lost however.

If left on his own with nothing to work on, he simply becomes a lazy blob of flesh that can stand to sit in front of a monitor for hours on end playing a game or browsing the Internet. When he doesn't feel like doing either of those, he can be found fiddling with puzzles or just be taking a nap. However, once he has something to work on, he'd keep working on it until its done, he's lacking something he needs, or someone tells him to stop because its past midnight and he's making too much noise when people are already trying to sleep.

Profession/Job: No official employment

Favorite chores around the house: Keeping everything in the house running as they should, cleaning.

Chores they absolutely hate: Spider removal.

Why have they left their home? He left home to pursue a job he thought he was going to get, but didn't. He stayed at the new house in hopes of finding other opportunities while taking advantage of split bills, but he didn't have much luck. However, he was good with fixing computers and after fixing one for a friend, the word slowly spread and he was eventually called upon to fix computers for other people. Eventually he was called for other appliances as well. He earned enough to pay his share, so he continued living in the house with the others.

Misc:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:14 pm 

Sort of back.

Nice character! =)

View Likes PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:19 pm 

Thanks ^^

So, what would be a likely history between the people in the house?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:23 pm 

Sort of back.

I'm thinking friends of various degrees of closeness who end up falling on hard times and just kind of happen to move into this place since for some reason they don't want to or just can't continue living where they are, and then decide that they are staying there and making this work. It'll be a bit of a character development/growing up into functional adults journey for them.

View Likes PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:25 pm 

Ahh, so they've only recently moved in?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:28 pm 

Sort of back.

Probably. I would say not more than a year. They can have moved at different times, as their situation made the move necessary.

View Likes PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:33 pm 

After the profiles are up, we should determine who's connected to who in this friend web

View Likes PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:37 pm 

1st Year (1)

I automatically get PrettyMyth's character, were actually friends so it only makes sence right? Lol

Last edited by ShadowsVictor on Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:39 pm 

Sort of back.

I would say everyone would at least be acquainted, but levels of closeness can definitely vary.

View Likes PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:56 pm 

Dev would likely only be connected to one or two, and gets closer to the others over time

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:58 pm 

Sort of back.

Janice would probably be friendly to everyone, but probably the same as Dev, have one or two people she feels more comfortable around.

View Likes PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:30 pm 

1st Year (1)

So I've decided to make my character me

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next