All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Into the Deep Dark.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:28 pm 

My life is uninteresting :3

Blog: View Blog (0)

Idea

Random people in a space station that gets attacked and is severely damage. The guys, panicked, run for the nearest open ship they see, which may or may not be owned by one of them and hijacks it to get away. Then they bicker when they're safely out of harms way.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:40 pm 

Naomi is a bit of a mercenary archetype- she'd also slip easiest into an engineering category, but in a different way; as her skills are less mechanical and more programming. she might not be able to build an engine out of spare parts, but she can rewire systems or hack through secured software. As such she has a knack for being sneaky. I like to imagine her as a space-ninja / thief type.

She'd be more of the "unexpectedly useful and suspicious passenger" in the beginning. Maybe down the line fit into a Systems Technician role? Monitoring ships systems like life support, sensors, and energy weapons and shields. She'd also have a few tricks up her sleeve for cloaking the ship, rerouting power, maybe getting a bit of extra speed out of the engines.

Also as far as plot points, I think Naomi could be trying to give someone the 'slip'... the victim of a recent job she took on, or even a brush with the authorities on her less-than-legal activities; and this is how she winds up with this ship and crew. Since she's being chased, whoever is looking for her can make for an adventurous encounter for us all- and can intertwine as little or as intricately as we like with the rest of the story?

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:52 pm 

She and Felicity can work well together then, splitting maintenance work on the ship. Naomi can focus on the software, and Felicity can take care of the machinery. Maybe they'd work on a few things together, make sure things work the way they should.

Felicity used to be a mercenary herself, but turned into a wanderer without any goals thanks to events that may or may not be mentioned, but it's going to be one of those "Lost most of her mercenary friends in an encounter" type of back story.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:02 pm 

I like nero's idea of chaos driving us all together! And the rankings are just for us to know that we'll have a bit of skill diversity for our characters- if we wound up with 5 navigators we wouldn't do well. Eventually we'll have to have something driving us all towards a common goal... Any ideas on what that might be? We need a major obstacle to drive the story that all our characters can benefit from.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:14 pm 

Hmm... The guys that are after Naomi is out to get her, and the rest of the new crew get involved because they think that they're Naomi's allies, and thus must die?

Maybe the original owner of the ship, if it wasn't one of us, would put a bounty on all of our heads.

... Get sucked into a wormhole, and thus need to stay together because the system they landed on was hostile to them/completely strange?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:40 pm 

Medals: 2
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)

I like the Cowboy Bebop feel for the world.

Okay as for the plot, what if the ship was either a prototype or was carrying a cargo of prototypes and military or space gangsters or insert bad guys names want the ship or cargo back?
Or if the ship was a prototype what if it was stolen and we steal it from the original thieves unknowingly and it's a two or three way battle to get it back?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:41 am 

The dreaded clopening shift.

Blog: View Blog (9)

Sorry I'm late with this. Space Cowboys! I'm liking that very much.

My character is an archaeologist though, so I don't think he will be part of the crew at first. I'm thinking of having him meeting the crew at a random space station and asking to accompany them on wherever they plan to go.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:21 am 

A lot of love for space cowboys <3

A prototype ship... that somehow reminds me of the game, Captain Forever. You pilot a ship that can pluck any modules (hull parts, shields, lasers, thrusters, etc.) that's floating through space and attach it to your ship. Anyway, when the ship is damaged too severely, it makes a gigantic explosion that wipes out all life in the sector before it warps away, fixing its main module in the process. The prototype ship could be something like that perhaps?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:41 am 

It reminds me of FTL as well. It's a game in which you get a ship, you travel through a series of random encounters and battles, and the scrap you get from these random encounters you can use to upgrade your ship with weapons and protection or employ new crew members.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:12 am 

*High Five* I love that game. Once you have that Pre-Igniter and a lot of multi-shot weapons, you're almost guaranteed to breeze through most encounters.

We should take from that too.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:47 am 

The reason we are on that ship can be left up to you guys as my character is simply a drifter that hops aboard with you

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:51 am 

I liked neros idea of an attack at a station, that was pretty interesting , perhaps a terrorist attack or something that can be chaotic and random like that , how interesting it could be for our very different characters to be forced into a situation where they have to know each other

BUT
It doesn't sustain any reason for us to stay on the ship longer than a day or two
Unless we now had to run from the law that now thinks us, the fleeing ship, was responsible for the attack.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:08 am 

I like that!
AND! Maybe one/several/all of us know who is actually responsible, and so we need to find a way to capture the real culprits and prove their guilt to clear our own names? All while avoiding capture ourselves?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:13 am 

Kastelle wrote:
I liked neros idea of an attack at a station, that was pretty interesting , perhaps a terrorist attack or something that can be chaotic and random like that , how interesting it could be for our very different characters to be forced into a situation where they have to know each other

BUT
It doesn't sustain any reason for us to stay on the ship longer than a day or two
Unless we now had to run from the law that now thinks us, the fleeing ship, was responsible for the attack.

I love that as well. It'll be much more dangerous for our characters if they were forced to be on the run. And give them an incentive to work together to clear their name.

View Likes PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:18 am 

Our characters could have hijacked one of the terrorists' ships, which is why they're on the run from the law. And maybe the terrorists too because they want their ship back.

Camera footage could catch them boarding the vessel and their faces are plastered on every billboard with high bounties on their heads

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:27 am 

Nero Lockheart wrote:
Our characters could have hijacked one of the terrorists' ships, which is why they're on the run from the law. And maybe the terrorists too because they want their ship back.

Camera footage could catch them boarding the vessel and their faces are plastered on every billboard with high bounties on their heads

I second this idea!

View Likes PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:33 am 

Oh. Oh oh oh.... guys.... can... can my Naomi have had a little bit of a hand in this big attack? Like, what if she was on the station because she was hired by the terrorists to compromise the security systems and get them in- BUT she thought it was just an info heist or a robbery- she didn't know the group she was hired into was going to destroy the station. So SHE is responsible for bringing down the failsafes?

It would also make her a little more familiar with the ship, and give reasons for both the law and the terrorists to be Pershing them all?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:41 am 

Lady Fate wrote:
Oh. Oh oh oh.... guys.... can... can my Naomi have had a little bit of a hand in this big attack? Like, what if she was on the station because she was hired by the terrorists to compromise the security systems and get them in- BUT she thought it was just an info heist or a robbery- she didn't know the group she was hired into was going to destroy the station. So SHE is responsible for bringing down the failsafes?

It would also make her a little more familiar with the ship, and give reasons for both the law and the terrorists to be Pershing them all?

And, some drama when the others find out. I like!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:00 pm 

well we have an interesting story, are we ready for me to create the thread ?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:02 pm 

!Gwah yaaaas!