All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:43 pm 

Where do we go from here?

Blog: View Blog (1)

Ouch. I'm sorry. *offers a hug*

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:47 pm 

I am sorry if I haven't replied to your PMs but I can't view them at the moment. If you need to contact me, please use the chat room to do so. :)

Medals: 1
Gif Hunt Participant! (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

*takes hug offer* It doesn't help that I could actually see my blood vessel when it moved around and I am squeamish with blood. Luckely the blood vessel was untouched so no need for a ER trip.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:12 pm 

Dedicated Partner (1)

Ok guys. I'm super sleepy. I'll get the group post up tomorrow. Fawn, I'll get the 1x1 up as well.

"Who put bacon in the soap?!?!?!" - Zim

I'm writing this story! It's called The Legends of Kal'duune. You can comment about things you like or hate, but preferably the first thing, here!

This thing is my resume! Reeeeaad iiiiiit...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:18 pm 

Sleep well and no worries. :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:39 pm 

Dedicated Partner (1)

Ayyeee I in there

I'm writing this story! It's called The Legends of Kal'duune. You can comment about things you like or hate, but preferably the first thing, here!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:15 pm 

Only limiting myself to one or two roleplays.

Blog: View Blog (3)

Hi, I would like to take the Opened spot for number 8 for an experiment? If that's okay, I hope I'm not too late.

Beta Interest Check! :)

Muh waifs.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:09 pm 

Experiments are open on one condition. You also have to play a minor scientist, so that everyone has a chance to play with different characters than just their own.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:10 pm 

I will be willing to play a minor scientist.

Muh waifs.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:12 pm 

Alright then. Work on your forms and tell me when you are ready.

Posting order is fairly free. You can post once a round. After a few days/several posts, I'll end the round by posting and that will start a new round. :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:11 am 

(Experiments.)
Name: Samantha
Experiment's Number: 008
What are they? Experiment
Appearance: Samantha is a beautiful girl, she has long blonde hair that falls past her shoulders and sometimes curls itself up. Her hair is darker in autumn and much more lighter in summer or spring. Her eyes are a blueish-gray hue, nothing special about them. The teenage girl has a built yet slim frame. The number '008' is tattooed on her left arm.

Personality: Samantha is fairly social, she loves meeting new people and making friends outside or inside of the facilities (whenever she could). The girl tries her best to not make enemies, loyal to Ingrid and obedient. The meta-human is also indecisive and would look to others for decisions instead of herself.

Strengths: Charisma, Air Manipulation, Empathy

Weaknesses: Can't make decisions for herself, Overemotional, Dependent on Ingrid.

Likes: Cute clothes, animals, flying, people, honesty, sweets, spring, pop music

Dislikes: Liars, criminals, being alone

Mutations: N/A

Powers: Lie Detection - Samantha can sense when she is being lied to by various means.

Air Manipulation or Aerokinesis - Samantha can control, shape, and manipulate the air, causing her to fly whenever she wants; But flying can drain her energy and she is weak against fire manipulation.

History: Samantha along with other experiments was born in a test tube, she was placed in stasis due to the Company feeling she wasn't ready to do any tasks. After 14 years in stasis, the meta-human is ready to take on anything!

Power Classification: Level Four

Any Plot Ideas? N/A

Other: N/A

Assignment Requests: ?

(Minor Scientists)
Name: Ingrid Graham
What are they? Minor Scientist/Detective
Appearance: Ingrid Graham is an African American woman, she wears plain clothes and wears her hair out like an afro.
Personality: Ingrid is a woman of ambition, when she sets her mind on something, she won't stop until she achieves or get it. Due to a lack of childhood, she can be a bit childish (she treats Samantha like her own barbie doll, buying her cute clothes and whatnot.)
Strengths: Observant, Persuasive
Weaknesses: Her temper, can't read emotions well, Impatience
Dislikes: classical music, waiting for things
Overview of Company Work: (What do they do?)
Personal History: Ingrid was named after one of her mother's favorite actresses from the 1940s (Ingrid Bergman). Her mother was an alcoholic and placed her in the foster care system. At the tender age of fourteen, Ingrid faked her age with the help of a fake ID and ran away with an enigmatic Con artist. They were both able to con people out of their dollars, by her pretending to be a psychic. With her attentive skill to detail, they were almost able to get away with it. The two were arrested and questioned, Ingrid watched the detective closely as he questioned them. That was when Ingrid figured out that the career was well-suited for her observant skills.

After that, Ingrid was put back in the system, but she worked hard to achieve her goal of being a detective. She was honor roll and the top of her classes, after graduating she went to Julliard on a scholarship. Acquiring her Bachelor's degree in criminal justice and graduating police academy, she found a job as a minor scientist in The Company.
Any Plot Ideas?
Other:
Assignment Requests: ?

I will edit this later!

Muh waifs.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:58 am 

Massive apologies, folks. I have been extremely busy at work prepping for this stupid medical hiatus. Thankfully all of that is set and I should be able to have my characters up by no later than end of day.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:05 pm 

Sounds good. I'll pair up the last of you guys' characters then and post final assignments. You can view posting order (or rather, the posting rules I'll have you all use.) and other things in installments as I update the thread.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:40 pm 

Name: Coyote, or just Coy
Experiment's Number: 001

Appearance: Coyote is five feet and ten inches tall, with almond shaped, deeply dark brown eyes set into a high-cheekboned and narrow face. Her coal-black hair is kept shaved regularly to allow monitors to be attached. She is slim, but well-proportioned, though under-muscled from a lack of physical activity. She is naturally light-skinned, paler due to not being out much.

Personality: Coy naturally would be a sly and secretive person, prone to pranks and inside jokes, cunning wordplay, and bending the truth for her own amusement. A good natured but somewhat annoying trickster, much like her name suggests. The drugs necessary to keep her in line, however, make her absolutely stone-faced, emotionless, and malleable. It could be assumed that she would be angry at being denied a personality, if she ever got off of her meds, and perhaps turn to more malicious deception, but at the moment it is impossible to know.

Strengths: Sharp-witted and very intelligent, observant, very creative in her problem solving, extremely fast reaction time
Weaknesses: Unfocused, alarming and somewhat alien sense of humour, reacts unpredictably when surprised, has a tendency to giggle at odd times even on the meds
Likes: Hot beverages, logic puzzles, playing pranks (all from early development)
Dislikes: Not knowing all of the rules, surprises, dirt and filth, bad smells, things geared towards children
Mutations: None.

Powers: Telekinesis, or the ability to manipulate objects with her mind. This includes, among other things, augmenting her own physical strength (which is why she is naturally not all that strong), manipulation of objects down to particulate matter(she cleans herself by doing this) and up to a thousand pounds, flight(by lifting herself) and repairs to somethings by reattaching parts and restoring them to pristine conditions. She has to be able to see or otherwise sense something before she can manipulate it, however.

She also has the ability to suggest things to someone, on a subconscious level, through telepathy, and if she concentrates, can project images or hallucinations onto someone else's perception of the real world. Her telepathic abilities don't necessarily allow her to read even surface thoughts, but she can rifle through sensory information, and even "riding" someone and sensing what they are doing, and where, in real time. This works on people within about five thousand miles, though not through the earth, and radiation shielding foils it as well. She cannot seem to use this on anything but humans.

History: Coyote was born and bred inside the Company. She knows nothing of the outside world, or indeed the world of the Company aside from what she has been taught, which is, of course, next to nothing. With less education than a kindergartner, and no concept of why that would be considered monstrous on the outside, she has merely done what she was told. Sometimes killing, sometimes building things, sometimes exercises to make sure her powers haven't malfunctioned.

Power Classification: 6
Any Plot Ideas? Not sure. Coy's more the sort to get wrapped up in other people's stuff.

Other:
Assignment Requests: No real preference. Coy's got pretty general capabilities.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Alice Harper
What are they? Minor Scientist

Appearance: Alice is five feet and five inches, built stockily with a thick frame and muscle on it. Her wavy blonde, medium length hair is generally kept either under a hat of some sort or in a tight bun, depending on the dress code of her circumstances. Her face is round, bright and cheery, though she has a tendency to frown at problems while she is working. Her hands and forearms are scarred and pocked with burn marks from her work. Her eyes are green and afflicted with a permanent squint from her work outdoors.

Personality: Harper is very no nonsense, pragmatic and straight-forward with everything she does. She doesn't mask anything, so if she is upset at someone, they will know because she will be in front of them, speaking about it. She doesn't deal well with fancy language, and can get annoyed if presented with "fancy stuff". Despite being gruff and very abrasive at times, she is friendly to almost everyone, open to new ideas, and willing to work around any problem, as she doesn't believe in impossibilities. She does, as a result of her childhood, have a firm belief in authority figures, especially anyone with official ranks or titles, as long as they appear to have earned them

Strengths: Very good deduction and reasoning skills, respect for merit, and a sense of honour that prevents her from hiding or manipulating, good at spotting lies and mistakes
Weaknesses: Hard time understanding some cultural concepts, speaks her mind without thinking first, will not argue with authority figures even when she knows they are wrong, loses track of time when working, is very direct and sounds rude when she's talking.
Likes: Machines and computers, work animals, loud or angry music, bright colours, coffee
Dislikes: Liars, greed, theoretical science, drama, wasting time

Overview of Company Work: Harper gets sent out to where things need to be built(or demolished). She also designs machines and computer hardware for the Company, and is heavily involved in research and development.

Personal History: The Harpers were a military family in the US. Both of Alice's parents are retired Navy personnel, her father an engineer and her mother an aircraft mechanic. As such, Alice grew up with an early love of loud and fast machines, fixing things, and authority. Mistreatment of her parents by incompetent officers, however, soured the whole family's relationship with the military, and political back-biting on base further affected Alice's worldview. By the time she was old enough to go to college, she was actually qualified as a carpenter and electrician. While her father wanted her to go into robotics, she had no desire to learn much programming, and instead opted for engineering, with a focus in materials science and mechanical. After achieving her Master's, Alice had problems finding work, so she took up with a contracting company, learning quite a bit about construction techniques and architectural design as she went. Last year, the Company approached her after a few of her engine and other designs from college reached their attention. So far, Alice has been excited to finally be working in her chosen field.

Any Plot Ideas? Nuh-uh
Other: She has no idea why she would need one of these things. She has zero familiarity with their capabilities, and is kind of annoyed at being hauled out of her lab to Beijing.
Assignment Requests:

Last edited by Illegitimate Chimera on Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:47 pm 

Illegitimate Chimera, all characters accepted. :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:43 pm 

You have nothing to fear, But Fear himself

1st Year (1)

Name: Blaze

Experiment Number: 003

Appearance: Short spiky Red hair, normal build of body, light red eyes, 004 tattoo on left arm, stands at 6'2", waight of 185.

Personality: very hot headed and quick to show it, very outgoing, ,verbal, confident, courageous (when not drugged)

Strength's: natural leader, good decision making, quick to make everyone feel accepted,

Weaknesses: needs a lighter to make his powers work even slightly, weak when hes around his sister Sapphire, reckless when alone

Powers: can control fire, make fire balls, make a shield of fire, make fire take shapes (minion's) ,can make a blast radius made of flames that move via the ground.

History: Blaze was created at the lab at the same time Sapphire was making them twins in a sense. blaze has Spent the last 20 years in a stasis Chamber

Power classification:

Any Plot Ideas?not at the moment will PM if i get a idea

Other:

Name: Sapphire

Experiment Number: 004

Appearance: lapis lazuli Iris pale skin lapis lazuli hair, Petite, stands at 5'4" weight of 108, tattooed 005 on left arm

Personality: very quite, shy at first but (will open up later), hides behind her brother most of the time. Caring, very loving,

Strengths:natural tactician, very defensive powers, can draw water from any where if the air (humidity)

Weaknesses:weak when around her brother Blaze, not to open,

Dislikes: fire, socializing, loud noises

Mutations: none

Powers: control of water, can use the water to heal other people ,can make a shield of water to protect the group, can make water pin down enemies

History: Sapphire was created at the lab at the same time Blaze was making them twins in a sense. Sapphire has Spent the last 20 years in a stasis Chamber

Power classification:

Any Plot Ideas? Same as blaze

Other:

Hope Im good lol I'll add more to the sheet later this is just so I can participate I'll put a link up when I fully edit them.

Last edited by ShadowsVictor on Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:52 pm 

Noted. You are clear to join and start writing this posting round, Shadows. :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:16 am 

BriarRose, your characters are accepted.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:23 am 

Assignments:
#000 - Colonel Micah Parker.
#001 - Ingrid Graham.
#002 - Leon Parker.
#003 - Dr. Peter Daniel Richardson.
#004 - Donger.
#005 - Colonel Micah Parker.
#006 - Dr. Peter Daniel Richardson.
#007 - Donger.
#008 - Alice Harper.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:07 am 

Sorry for the silly question, but where's the thread?

Muh waifs.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:43 am 

Dedicated Partner (1)

Bam

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=50808

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next